PDA

View Full Version : Weather Greetings from Flagstaff

Chiefs Pantalones
01-21-2010, 06:21 AM
We are about to get 4 feet of snow and my financee' and I are supposed to go to the Suns vs. Bulls game in Phoenix on Friday. It will probably be more than 4 feet because we already got a foot and it's not supposed to get real bad until later this morning and end on Saturday. Hooray snow!!! Ugh. GO BULLS!!!

Reerun_KC
01-21-2010, 08:33 AM
I hate snow, but envy you for living in Flagstaff....

Alton deFlat
01-21-2010, 08:57 AM
I hate snow, but Flagstaff is one beautiful place. It would be great in the summer. I've been there in June and July and it was wonderful.

MVChiefFan
01-21-2010, 09:06 AM
GO SUNS!!! :D

HemiEd
01-21-2010, 09:11 AM
Greetings back at you! It has been quite a while, right? Have you played golf in Flagstaff yet? The ball goes forever!

Warrior5
01-21-2010, 09:11 AM
Hey Cody,
Great town.

We'll be expecting a report on how good the jalapeno cheese balls are out there.

Hydrae
01-21-2010, 10:15 AM
Having lived there for five years I can agree that it is beautiful. I can also confirm that my experience was that the cost of living was ridiculous and I am glad we got back out of there.

Enjoy the snow though, they generally handle it pretty well as far as keeping the roads clear and what not.

thecoffeeguy
01-21-2010, 11:06 AM
Having lived there for five years I can agree that it is beautiful. I can also confirm that my experience was that the cost of living was ridiculous and I am glad we got back out of there.

Enjoy the snow though, they generally handle it pretty well as far as keeping the roads clear and what not.

Been there once, briefly.

Just for kicks, what is the cost of living there?
Does not seem like a very big place as far as population and jobs...is it growing? Many jobs there?

L.A. Chieffan
01-21-2010, 11:16 AM
the observatory they have there is pretty cool
Posted via Mobile Device

Hydrae
01-21-2010, 12:11 PM
Been there once, briefly.

Just for kicks, what is the cost of living there?
Does not seem like a very big place as far as population and jobs...is it growing? Many jobs there?

I have been gone for 10 years now so it may have changed. The problem is all the California transplants drove up prices quite a bit. The biggest problem I had was that Flagstaff is the entryway to the Grand Canyon so it is mostly focused on tourism and the service industry. As such, the pay levels are not real great and there are not a lot of opportunities. We are doing much better all around here in Austin.

vailpass
01-21-2010, 01:01 PM
Hows it going up the hill? Is there a train going by your window right now?
Down 17 here in the valley your snow is our rain. 4-5 inches of rain today and 60mph winds. This motha is gonna flood and these people do not know what to do with themselves.
We were up in Flag a couple weeks ago sledding; gonna' come up again next week once the storms blow over.