PDA

View Full Version : Life Ever done anything really stupid?

Molitoth
01-21-2010, 10:31 AM
First thing this morning I got a call from a business owner renter of mine.

Renter: "Were you in my office last night doing some kind of work?"

Me: "Yes, I was working on spraying some insulation foam in a few cracks."

Renter: "You left my front door unlocked all night."

Me: (Melt in my chair feeling really unprofessional and idiotic)

God I feel stupid.

Any stories to make me feel better?

Mr. Plow
01-21-2010, 10:32 AM
Nope. Everything I've done in my life has been perfect. Sounds like you are just a bad bad person.

:D

EyePod
01-21-2010, 10:33 AM
That's not that bad. Did anything get stolen? It would have been much worse if it had...

munkey
01-21-2010, 10:34 AM

Phillfree got punched in the face by a woman and told everyone here about it....:)

BigRedChief
01-21-2010, 10:35 AM
I could fill volumes of pages with the stupid things I've done.

Royal Fanatic
01-21-2010, 10:35 AM
It sounds like an honest mistake. If nothing was stolen, I wouldn't beat myself up about. I'd just apologize and move on.

Look at it this way. You're going to make mistakes later on in life that are much worse than this.

luv
01-21-2010, 10:37 AM
I cosigned for a car for a guy I was only dating.

Pants
01-21-2010, 10:39 AM
I was about 13 years old, living at my aunt's place for about 2 months (over seas). So one morning, I woke up (horny as always) and decided to flog the dolphin into the bathroom sink (WTF?) to an old Playboy magazine. Anyway, something happened to were I got distracted after I was done and totally forgot to clean up and left the house. I remember coming back home and seeing the Playboy on the kitchen table. I felt a little awkward realizing she had to clean up the mess...

:facepalm:

MMXcalibur
01-21-2010, 10:39 AM
Back in high school, I was practicing making out in the mirror because I had a date that weekend. My stepdad walked in on me.

....yeah.

...but its cool, he showed me the ropes :D

Demonpenz
01-21-2010, 10:40 AM
I once went to the self checkout line at walmart and took a bunch of stuff over there, I had like 100 dollars worth of stuff but it wouldn't let me go over 12 items so i sat there for like 30 minutes scanning 12 items swiping items, until i was done, then when I left someone saw all this shit I had in my bag but only saw 22 dollars or whatever on my Ringup sign. so I had to tell them what I done, they looked at me like a moron, do you know how moronical you have to look to get the look that you are a moron in wal mart. Luckily i had all 4 reciepts to show them

Skip Towne
01-21-2010, 10:40 AM

What ever happened with that?

raybec 4
01-21-2010, 10:41 AM
I couldn't possibly outline all of the horrible decisions I've made in my life on this board. That doesn't even count all of the "woops" shit.

munkey
01-21-2010, 10:41 AM
GRANDPA'S TROUT

1. Rented boat = $75
2. Bait = $10

3. Digital Camera = $199. Showing the world that BIG one and having it posted on the Internet for everyone in the world to see.

PRICELESS !!!!

luv
01-21-2010, 10:42 AM
What ever happened with that?

Still getting late payment notices, watching my credit spiral further and further into the shitter.

Mr. Plow
01-21-2010, 10:43 AM

Ouch. My parents always told me to never cosign for anything for anyone.

luv
01-21-2010, 10:44 AM
Ouch. My parents always told me to never cosign for anything for anyone.

So did mine.

Mr. Plow
01-21-2010, 10:46 AM
So did mine.

Double ouch. Did your dad smack you and say "I told you so"?

Rain Man
01-21-2010, 10:46 AM
Back in high school, I was practicing making out in the mirror because I had a date that weekend. My stepdad walked in on me.

....yeah.

...but its cool, he showed me the ropes :D

Dear Penthouse,

I'd never thought of my stepdad that way before, but....

Rain Man
01-21-2010, 10:50 AM
I got engaged at 22, realized it was a mistake at 22.5, and stayed with her until I was 26 because I didn't want to admit my mistake.

Redrum_69
01-21-2010, 10:50 AM

So basically the guy ended up with two pieces of shit with high mileage and ripped interior

munkey
01-21-2010, 10:51 AM
So basically the guy ended up with two pieces of shit with high mileage and ripped interior

That's gonna leave a mark....

Simply Red
01-21-2010, 10:52 AM
GRANDPA'S TROUT

1. Rented boat = $75
2. Bait = $10

3. Digital Camera = $199. Showing the world that BIG one and having it posted on the Internet for everyone in the world to see.

PRICELESS !!!!

ROFL

Gonzo

Well... That's uncalled for.

seclark
GRANDPA'S TROUT

1. Rented boat = $75
2. Bait = $10

PRICELESS !!!!

woah...props to grampa!
sec

kepp
01-21-2010, 10:55 AM
Dated a girl all through college... I cheated on her...she cheated on me...we stayed together, got married, and then divorced six months later. Still not sure why we decided to stay together in college.

Redrum_69
01-21-2010, 10:59 AM
Well... That's uncalled for.

no, thats not uncalled for.

This is uncalled for:

nevermind rofl

CoMoChief
01-21-2010, 11:04 AM
Yeah. There's an entire thread on it. It's called "The CoMoChief Appreciation Thread"

SDChiefs
01-21-2010, 11:06 AM
I once had sex with a porcupine. Not as fun as it might sound.

MOhillbilly
01-21-2010, 11:09 AM
I stabbed my friend over a bottle of wild turkey.

El Jefe
01-21-2010, 11:09 AM

Ouch.

Phobia
01-21-2010, 11:17 AM
Ouch.

The worst part is that she was dating him. He wasn't really dating her.

Redrum_69
01-21-2010, 11:19 AM

so this guy that you cosigned the car loan was it Moo

Cannibal
01-21-2010, 11:19 AM
The bulk of the stupid things I've done have involved alcohol.

El Jefe
01-21-2010, 11:21 AM
[QUOTE=munkey;6465908]GRANDPA'S TROUT

1. Rented boat = $75
2. Bait = $10

Knowing that your grandpa is hung like a clydesdale...... I bet that picture made some waves at the family reunion ROFL

El Jefe
01-21-2010, 11:21 AM
The worst part is that she was dating him. He wasn't really dating her.

:doh!:

Rain Man
01-21-2010, 11:27 AM
I stabbed my friend over a bottle of wild turkey.

Just a regular bottle, or was it one of those collector bottles? That makes a big difference.

SDChiefs
01-21-2010, 11:32 AM

This!

MOhillbilly
01-21-2010, 11:35 AM
told the judge i wasnt drunk after id drank a sixer at the bar in 20 minutes and it wasnt the cause of the riot that started.

Pushead2
01-21-2010, 11:39 AM
Got a BJ from a lady who took out her teeth...

Pants
01-21-2010, 11:44 AM
Got a BJ from a lady who took out her teeth...

Are you kidding me? Those are the best... nothing like a gentle gum bite.

Nzoner
01-21-2010, 11:50 AM

Yep,one of my incidents took place at a Pat Travers concert,he started playing Snortin' Whiskey and Drinkin' Cocaine and my dumbass decided to snort a capful of Jack Daniels.....Boom Boom Out Went The Lights.

Frazod
01-21-2010, 11:55 AM
Little sleep. Burglar alarm. Gun. Refrigerator.

I've yet to top that one. Unless you count my first marriage.

:shake:

thecoffeeguy
01-21-2010, 11:56 AM

what kinda gun?

thecoffeeguy
01-21-2010, 11:56 AM
GRANDPA'S TROUT

1. Rented boat = $75
2. Bait = $10

PRICELESS !!!!

What kinda trout?

ROFL

MOhillbilly
01-21-2010, 11:57 AM

this is the one where you shot the fridge in a blind rage?:Poke:

ftr- ive shot cpus,couches & tvs for one reason or another.
edit-along with footrests,walls,windows & a truck.

Wyndex
01-21-2010, 11:58 AM
2 handles of mccormick's vodka between my friend and I over the course of 4 hours

woke up in the middle of the night to find vomit on my bedspread..decided to wash it

woke up in the morning to find my friend sleeping in my bathtub using my shower curtain as a blanket but I couldn't find the damn sheets I put in the wash

noticed a smell coming from the dryer

spent the morning cleaning chunks out of the dryer screen and washing the inside of the dryer

also we had to go get our checks that morning from this factory we worked at seasonal..it was the last checks for seasonal employees and it was really awkward applying for another season 4 months in advanced smelling of putrid rancid vomit

Frazod
01-21-2010, 12:02 PM
what kinda gun?

There's a thread about it somewhere. Search for a thread started by me with the word "BANG" in the title. I think it's in the Hall of Classics.

Frazod
01-21-2010, 12:02 PM
this is the one where you shot the fridge in a blind rage?:Poke:

ftr- ive shot cpus,couches & tvs for one reason or another.
edit-along with footrests,walls,windows & a truck.

You really should post threads about these things when you do them. :D

big nasty kcnut
01-21-2010, 12:15 PM
Well if you called my life a big mistake it is my life is one big mistake after another.

tyton75
01-21-2010, 01:40 PM
Once picked up an older chubby chick at a bar.. only to have her fall asleep in my car.. woke her up finally to figure out where to take her.. .rolled her out of the car on what I think was her yard.. and went home

Jilly
01-21-2010, 01:54 PM
we keep our adult movies in the nightstand by the bed....sometimes in the case, sometimes not. Luckily the DVD's themselves have graphic pics on them so you always know what they are. My 16 month old often opens drawers that are not baby proofed and pulls things out of them. Sure enough, she had a dvd in her hand...I quickly grabbed it from her before she was scarred for life, and laid it on my dresser to put away. I forgot that it was cleaning lady day (an awesome, you're having a baby gift from my mother in law). Yep, pretty sure the cleaning lady now knows a little more in depth than what i would like about our sex life.

Icon
01-21-2010, 02:05 PM
About 10 years ago on an early Spring morning I decided to fire up my little Ford 8N tractor. She started just fine but I felt this sting on my butt. I thought what the hell? A couple of seconds later I felt several more sharp stings and jumped up out of my seat and off the tractor. Only problem was the tractor was in 1st gear. As I watched the tractor roll down the terrace and across my yard I saw several wasps fly out of the seat cushion. As I realized what the source of stinging was I noted the tractor was headed straight for the pond.

Well I just couldn't let the tractor go riderless into the pond so I ran up along side. It was only moving 2 MPH so I decided to jump on to prevent it from rolling into the pond. Well either my shoes were wet or I just plain missed...I don't clearly recall. The damn tractor ran me over and I ended up one leg pointing north and the other pointed south.

I didn't get hurt too bad...a couple of cracked ribs. The worst part was calling a tow truck to pull my tractor out of the pond. The tow truck operator asked how the hell the tractor got in the pond. I looked him square in the eye and told him it must have been vandals.

Halfcan
01-21-2010, 02:44 PM
I have Never done anything stoopid-lol

Braincase
01-21-2010, 02:49 PM
I forgot to take my glasses off the other day as I stepped into the shower.

Yeah, not that interesting. MLIA.

Ecto-I
01-21-2010, 02:52 PM
When I was about 10 years old, I decided to do the old "glass of water, centrifugal force experiment," where you swing the glass overhead just fast enough so the water doesn't spill out. So, I got a nice glass of water from the kitchen tap, warmed up my arm, and let er' whirl...only problem is, in the kitchen, the ceiling is about 8 ft high so at the top of my swing, the glass collided with the lights causing a cacophony of glass bursting along with shards exploding everywhere. My Mom came running to the kitchen to see what happened.

I claimed that the glass globes covering the lights looked loose and I was trying to fix them...she didn't buy it.

Fritz88
01-21-2010, 02:53 PM
yeah..shit load of them.

Cannibal
01-21-2010, 03:00 PM
Yep,one of my incidents took place at a Pat Travers concert,he started playing Snortin' Whiskey and Drinkin' Cocaine and my dumbass decided to snort a capful of Jack Daniels.....Boom Boom Out Went The Lights.

ROFL

seclark
01-21-2010, 03:02 PM
About 10 years ago on an early Spring morning I decided to fire up my little Ford 8N tractor. She started just fine but I felt this sting on my butt. I thought what the hell? A couple of seconds later I felt several more sharp stings and jumped up out of my seat and off the tractor. Only problem was the tractor was in 1st gear. As I watched the tractor roll down the terrace and across my yard I saw several wasps fly out of the seat cushion. As I realized what the source of stinging was I noted the tractor was headed straight for the pond.

Well I just couldn't let the tractor go riderless into the pond so I ran up along side. It was only moving 2 MPH so I decided to jump on to prevent it from rolling into the pond. Well either my shoes were wet or I just plain missed...I don't clearly recall. The damn tractor ran me over and I ended up one leg pointing north and the other pointed south.

I didn't get hurt too bad...a couple of cracked ribs. The worst part was calling a tow truck to pull my tractor out of the pond. The tow truck operator asked how the hell the tractor got in the pond. I looked him square in the eye and told him it must have been vandals.

i drove my brand new 4-wheeler into the pond after drinking a few and watching nascar. luckily i was able to pull it back out w/the truck.
pretty stupid.
sec

Cannibal
01-21-2010, 03:03 PM
we keep our adult movies in the nightstand by the bed....sometimes in the case, sometimes not. Luckily the DVD's themselves have graphic pics on them so you always know what they are. My 16 month old often opens drawers that are not baby proofed and pulls things out of them. Sure enough, she had a dvd in her hand...I quickly grabbed it from her before she was scarred for life, and laid it on my dresser to put away. I forgot that it was cleaning lady day (an awesome, you're having a baby gift from my mother in law). Yep, pretty sure the cleaning lady now knows a little more in depth than what i would like about our sex life.

Did she find out you take money shots like in your vids?

RedThat
01-21-2010, 03:26 PM
I once pissed in a cup and rinsed my mouth with my own urine.

I was looking for ways to whiten my teeth, so I conducted some research and it came to my attention that urine was used by the ancients (specifically the Romans) to whiten teeth. So I tried that.

DeezNutz
01-21-2010, 03:30 PM

I was looking for ways to whiten my teeth, so I conducted some research and it came to my attention that urine was used by the ancients (specifically the Romans) to whiten teeth. So I tried that.

Another new user name, dude? Meat walrus wasn't good enough?

Dartgod
01-21-2010, 03:32 PM
You mean besides register on this site?

MOhillbilly
01-21-2010, 03:32 PM
my Bro Vinny could tell some epic tales about my retardation. you bastards should goad him into it through smokes.....

SDChiefs
01-21-2010, 03:35 PM

:eek::spock::doh!:

Brock
01-21-2010, 03:37 PM

Yeah, right.

Pants
01-21-2010, 03:37 PM

Yeah, piss contains ammonia, which will whiten teeth and destroy enamel at the same time. Next time, just chug some Windex.

MOhillbilly
01-21-2010, 03:39 PM
cleaned my ears out threw the q-tips in what i thought was an empty and the proceeded to choke on ear wax and q-tip.

Cannibal
01-21-2010, 03:40 PM
cleaned my ears out threw the q-tips in what i thought was an empty and the proceeded to choke on ear wax and q-tip.

LOL sick. You are the true definition of redneck. I salute you.

DMAC
01-21-2010, 03:42 PM
I bought my wife a treadmill for her birthday. It's gone now.

MOhillbilly
01-21-2010, 03:43 PM
LOL sick. You are the true definition of redneck. I salute you.

just doin what i do.

RedThat
01-21-2010, 03:43 PM
Yeah, piss contains ammonia, which will whiten teeth and destroy enamel at the same time. Next time, just chug some Windex.

Well, my urine was actually pretty good. It didn't contain a strong odor and is clear in colour which usually is an indication that its composition makeup would be roughly about 95% water and urea, which is less toxic.

Ammonia comes from the breakdown of urea. if your piss is really strong in odor and extremely yellow in colour, chances are it will contain ammonia which derives from bacteria production in the body.

BigCatDaddy
01-21-2010, 03:44 PM
I once put an egg in the microwave on high for about 5 minutes, although it didn't make it that long. I swear the microwave got a few inches off the counter top.

Pants
01-21-2010, 03:49 PM
Well, my urine was actually pretty good. It didn't contain a strong odor and is clear in colour which usually is an indication that its composition makeup would be roughly about 95% water and urea, which is less toxic.

Ammonia comes from the breakdown of urea. if your piss is really strong in odor and extremely yellow in colour, chances are it will contain ammonia which derives from bacteria production in the body.

So what does piss taste like?

Rooster
01-21-2010, 03:49 PM

Damn... Do you have a Phd in piss? :D

RedThat
01-21-2010, 03:55 PM
So what does piss taste like?

Its great. its like water except its got a bit of a fermented taste to it.

I usually tend to put it in my cheerios some mornings, it usually gives me that extra boost to take out my frustrations on some of the planeteers.

KJROD20
01-21-2010, 03:58 PM
You guys ever heard of having to pull a coyote? Ugh.

Frazod
01-21-2010, 04:06 PM
I bought my wife a treadmill for her birthday. It's gone now.

Anything else gone with it? LMAO

Dartgod
01-21-2010, 04:12 PM
I grabbed what I thought was my bottle of Bud playing darts one night and took a big drink.

It was some other dude's Skoal spittoon.

:Lin:

Pants
01-21-2010, 04:15 PM
I grabbed what I thought was my bottle of Bud playing darts one night and took a big drink.

/shudder

Cannibal
01-21-2010, 04:16 PM

HAHAHA. I'm sorry that happened to you but it sounds really funny. I wish I could have seen your reaction.

Dartgod
01-21-2010, 04:18 PM
HAHAHA. I'm sorry that happened to you but it sounds really funny. I wish I could have seen your reaction.
Well, as soon as it hit my mouth, I realized it wasn't cold and spit it out on the floor. Then I headed to the bathroom to rince, rinse and rinse again, followed up with a tequila shot.

Thank God I didn't swallow that shit.

Simply Red
01-21-2010, 04:20 PM
exchanges 39 & 40 in this thread, made me laugh.

Cannibal
01-21-2010, 04:22 PM
Well, as soon as it hit my mouth, I realized it wasn't cold and spit it out on the floor. Then I headed to the bathroom to rince, rinse and rinse again, followed up with a tequila shot.

Thank God I didn't swallow that shit.

I bet you were filled with rage. That would make me want to crush the person's skull.

seclark
01-21-2010, 04:23 PM

seen an old farmer boy do that in a hardware store once. he came in and set his pepsi can down and was telling this big story. went and picked up an employees pepsi can full of spit and took a big swig of it. old bastard hacked and gagged but wouldn't stop talking till he finished his story...everybody else was sickened more by that than his actually drinking someone elses chew-spit.
sec

Bwana
01-21-2010, 04:24 PM
Heh, ooooooooooooooh yeah.

Rausch
01-21-2010, 04:25 PM
Bi-monthly...

Frazod
Back in my barhopping days, a bunch of us would generally hit one of three 24 hour restaurants after closing time (God bless the poor people who worked there). We'd all be in various stages of fucked up, and eventually a mystery cup would be created. The mystery cup begins life as coffee, but when it becomes cold and half-empty, other random ingredients (applesauce, cigarette butts, green beans, butter pats, chewed gum, etc.) are added. The idea is to see if anybody at the table is drunk and stupid enough to be fooled into drinking it, and then the idea is to see if they can actually keep it down.

This did get nasty a few times, but luckily I was never the victim. :evil:

Dartgod
I bet you were filled with rage. That would make me want to crush the person's skull.
Eh. He wasn't the one who wasn't paying attention to which bottle he picked up.

Jilly
01-21-2010, 04:42 PM
Did she find out you take money shots like in your vids?

no, luckily I didn't have any home movies lying around

bevischief
01-21-2010, 04:45 PM

So they do exist?

lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Cannibal
01-21-2010, 04:47 PM

Oh wow. That is not the response I expected...

Over-Head
01-21-2010, 05:51 PM
First thing this morning I got a call from a business owner renter of mine.

Renter: "Were you in my office last night doing some kind of work?"

Me: "Yes, I was working on spraying some insulation foam in a few cracks."

Renter: "You left my front door unlocked all night."

Me: (Melt in my chair feeling really unprofessional and idiotic)

God I feel stupid.

Does pizzing on an electric fence count as someting stupid?:eek:

mikey23545
01-21-2010, 07:07 PM

No, but being a Raider fan does...

mlyonsd
01-21-2010, 08:00 PM
Does running a hand held 110 v belt sander on locked trigger mode, then not paying attention while you're trying to pull more electrical cord around a corner so you could keep moving down the floor count?

When you do that it is very prudent to watch how close the belt sander running on full power gets to your loosely attached short shirt sleeve. When it caught the shirt and sucked my arm up into the spinning belt by the time I got it shut off my bicep skin and stopped the belt from spinning and the motor was just humming.

Ripped about two square inches of bicep skin off down to the muscle.

And, it hurt like a MF.

Frazod
01-21-2010, 08:15 PM

I did that when I was a kid. Knocked me off my feet. Fuck that hurt. :eek:

But much like shooting up your kitchen, it's the kind of mistake you only make once.

Dottefan
01-21-2010, 08:56 PM
I make it my mission in life to do stupid shit.

The Mad Crapper
01-21-2010, 09:05 PM
Never.

Buehler445
01-21-2010, 10:50 PM
I've done lots of stupid shit, but nothing too terribly epic.

badgirl
01-21-2010, 10:52 PM
Nope.:evil:

Rain Man
01-21-2010, 11:03 PM
I once did a project interview with a guy who made a major, major mistake. As in, national news type of major, major mistake. If I said what it was, half of you would remember it, and it was a decade ago. I didn't know it was him, and unfortunately my research topic was related to the mistake. He was a nice guy, and he told me about it, and I was sympathetic because it really was an innocent mistake. But I found it very funny when he said, "you make one mistake, and people won't let you forget it".

Dude, that was not a normal mistake.

sportsman1
01-22-2010, 12:16 AM
GRANDPA'S TROUT

1. Rented boat = $75
2. Bait = $10

L\

PRICELESS !!!!

LMAO.. best belly laugh in a long time. Reminded me of my dad!

Redrum_69
01-22-2010, 12:56 AM

GordonGekko
01-22-2010, 02:13 AM
I was about 13 years old, living at my aunt's place for about 2 months (over seas). So one morning, I woke up (horny as always) and decided to flog the dolphin into the bathroom sink (WTF?) to an old Playboy magazine. Anyway, something happened to were I got distracted after I was done and totally forgot to clean up and left the house. I remember coming back home and seeing the Playboy on the kitchen table. I felt a little awkward realizing she had to clean up the mess...

:facepalm:

whoa... ..

Inspector
01-22-2010, 06:43 AM
Well, this one day, at band camp.......

Rooster
01-28-2010, 08:38 AM
It appears that I have managed to run an entire pack of gum through our clothes dryer. There is freaking sticky gum everywhere on the drum. :facepalm: What a freaking mess..

BigMeatballDave
01-28-2010, 09:21 AM
It appears that I have managed to run an entire pack of gum through our clothes dryer. There is freaking sticky gum everywhere on the drum. :facepalm: What a freaking mess..
ROFL

Frazod
01-28-2010, 09:41 AM

I left a pen in a shirt pocket once and the wife didn't see it when she was doing laundry. It survived the washer but exploded in the dryer, ruining about half the clothes in the load in the process. Boy did I hear about that one for a while. The ink stains never came off the drum, either. :facepalm:

Duck Dog
01-28-2010, 09:50 AM
I left a pen in a shirt pocket once and the wife didn't see it when she was doing laundry. It survived the washer but exploded in the dryer, ruining about half the clothes in the load in the process. Boy did I hear about that one for a while. The ink stains never came off the drum, either. :facepalm:

Found crayons in our dryer a few months back. Not sure how many but it was so bad they melted into the filter and started dripping out from the bottom of the door. I'm pretty sure I didn't put them in there though.

rageeumr
01-28-2010, 10:11 AM
A buddy of mine has a turbocharged Honda PWC. Supposedly it'll do 70 on really calm water. I was jumping some wakes in the main channel of the Lake of the Ozarks and got ballsy. I went a little heavy on the throttle and hit one perfectly as it crested at about 50-55 MPH. I had another buddy on another waverunner behind me and he said I was easily 12' off the water. At about the pinnacle of the jump I had to decide to try to land it or bail. I chose to bail. I didn't completely clear, though and my right foot slapped some fiberglass on my way into the water, breaking my third metatarsal.

What's even better is that my main reason for being at the lake is that I had a wedding there that evening (I wasn't in the wedding, thank God). I spent the ceremony in the hospital and showed up for the reception on crutches.

Buehler445
01-28-2010, 10:14 AM

Same here dude. Except my ass was in college and couldn't really afford to buy any new clothes. Bad bad mistake.

SnakeXJones
01-28-2010, 01:17 PM
Where do I start? I dove from the sink to bathtub when i was around 9, married my wife after only 4 months after knowing her .... tons more to come!

stlchiefs
01-28-2010, 01:23 PM
A buddy of mine has a turbocharged Honda PWC. Supposedly it'll do 70 on really calm water. I was jumping some wakes in the main channel of the Lake of the Ozarks and got ballsy. I went a little heavy on the throttle and hit one perfectly as it crested at about 50-55 MPH. I had another buddy on another waverunner behind me and he said I was easily 12' off the water. At about the pinnacle of the jump I had to decide to try to land it or bail. I chose to bail. I didn't completely clear, though and my right foot slapped some fiberglass on my way into the water, breaking my third metatarsal.

What's even better is that my main reason for being at the lake is that I had a wedding there that evening (I wasn't in the wedding, thank God). I spent the ceremony in the hospital and showed up for the reception on crutches.

Metatarsal? You mean your toe! Don't be so dramatic. :) Seriously though, you went to the hospital and got crutches for a broken toe? I've never heard of that.

MOhillbilly
01-28-2010, 01:26 PM
Metatarsal? You mean your toe! Don't be so dramatic. :) Seriously though, you went to the hospital and got crutches for a broken toe? I've never heard of that.

i kicked a dude in the 6th grade and broke my bigtoe. I told my dad what happened and he made me sit in the car while he was in harlows...lol.

no Dr. had to gut that one out for a few weeks.

BigVE
01-28-2010, 01:37 PM
When I was about 10 or 11 I found an old .22 bullet laying around. I messed with that thing, trying to get the bullet out of the casing. I messed and messed with that thing and got it loose enough for the gunpowder to fall out of it. Well, I was determined to get that bullet out of that casing so I could see what it looked like, so I put it down on the concrete and hit it with a hammer...once...twice...3rd time BANG! This was right in the middle of the neighborhood and my baby brother (3 at the time) was sitting directly in front of me when it went off. He fell backwards (just scared, not shot) and I was standing there wide eyed with my mouth open in total shock as my Dad came running out of the house to see what had happened. Luckily nobody was hurt but I have NO idea where that bullet ended up. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

stlchiefs
01-28-2010, 01:45 PM
When I was about 10 or 11 I found an old .22 bullet laying around. I messed with that thing, trying to get the bullet out of the casing. I messed and messed with that thing and got it loose enough for the gunpowder to fall out of it. Well, I was determined to get that bullet out of that casing so I could see what it looked like, so I put it down on the concrete and hit it with a hammer...once...twice...3rd time BANG! This was right in the middle of the neighborhood and my baby brother (3 at the time) was sitting directly in front of me when it went off. He fell backwards (just scared, not shot) and I was standing there wide eyed with my mouth open in total shock as my Dad came running out of the house to see what had happened. Luckily nobody was hurt but I have NO idea where that bullet ended up. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

WOW! Ok that one counts. :eek:

SDChiefs
01-28-2010, 01:46 PM
I once had an awkward moment, to see how it feels.

rockymtnchief
01-28-2010, 01:55 PM
At 14 I made a fake bomb, left it at a friends house to show my handy work, friend came home and called 911, bomb squad and fire department got everyone out of bed and down the street, my mom broke through the barricade to inform the officers "It's fake, my son made it", ended up in the news and newspaper, faced a very angry judge. Worst of all, none of the neighbors wanted me anywhere near their house or kids.

In my 20's, I saved my cash so I could go to the National Finals Rodeo (NFR), met some big Texan who ran his mouth how he could take anyones punch, traded punches (not a fight, just punches), got kicked out of The Thomas and Mack Center, missed the whole rodeo, walked around with a messed up jaw the rest of the week.

MOhillbilly
01-28-2010, 02:00 PM
got caught tryin to ride my bike out the barn loft ala dukes of hazzard. mom took my bike away for weeks.

Didnt get caught tryin to rappel out the barn loft. landed on my feet...

rockymtnchief
01-28-2010, 02:02 PM
got caught tryin to ride my bike out the barn loft ala dukes of hazzard. mom took my bike away for weeks.

Didnt get caught tryin to rappel out the barn loft. landed on my feet...

Barns are made for doing stupid crap. I jumped out of the loft with a bedsheet (parachute). I didn't break anything, but my feet hurt for a week.

MOhillbilly
01-28-2010, 02:04 PM
Barns are made for doing stupid crap. I jumped out of the loft with a bedsheet (parachute). I didn't break anything, but my feet hurt for a week.
they are also awesome fun when your a kid and work isnt involved.

so did ya get a good shot in on that ol' boy?

rockymtnchief
01-28-2010, 02:12 PM
they are also awesome fun when your a kid and work isnt involved.

so did ya get a good shot in on that ol' boy?

Nope. I was pissed. I took my shots and all three times he flinched or tried ducking. I hit him, but not half as solid as I let him hit me. I guess that makes me the dumb one. On a good note, he did buy me a lot of beers after we got kicked out.

MOhillbilly
01-28-2010, 02:21 PM
Nope. I was pissed. I took my shots and all three times he flinched or tried ducking. I hit him, but not half as solid as I let him hit me. I guess that makes me the dumb one. On a good note, he did buy me a lot of beers after we got kicked out.

youre a nicer guy than me.

Rain Man
01-28-2010, 02:25 PM

Did it feel awkward?

Rain Man
01-28-2010, 02:35 PM

That's a good one.

My similar story isn't as serious, but it would be a better movie scene. I've told it before, but after 70,000 posts I've told everything before.

When I was in high school, my dad would take me to car auctions so I could drive cars home for him. At one of them, they would occasionally sell other stuff, and I got a crossbow for five bucks or thereabouts. (I think my dad even bought it for me.) It was homemade with a hand-carved stock and what I think was a car spring as the bow part.

I found an archery shop and bought some crossbow bolts for some outrageous price and took it over to a friend's house with another friend of mine. Fortunately (since there was no forethought involved), he lived on a big acreage that was part ranch, part woods.

The three of us set up a target, but had no idea what kind of power a crossbolt has. So with the very first shot, we cocked it and held it up at a 45 degree angle pointed toward nothing in particular, and pulled the trigger, assuming it would go across the field and then we'd chase it down.

I'm assuming it landed at some point, but the last I saw of that bolt, it was headed over the horizon like a Tomahawk missile. I had no concept of the power that thing had. It was staggering. We watched it fly away, and eventually I asked my friend, "Are there any people over that way?" He didn't think so, because it was headed off into the woods, but if at some point a dead hunter's skeleton is found with a crossbow bolt in his skull, I'm headed to Mexico.

KC native
01-28-2010, 02:39 PM
That's a good one.

My similar story isn't as serious, but it would be a better movie scene. I've told it before, but after 70,000 posts I've told everything before.

When I was in high school, my dad would take me to car auctions so I could drive cars home for him. At one of them, they would occasionally sell other stuff, and I got a crossbow for five bucks or thereabouts. (I think my dad even bought it for me.) It was homemade with a hand-carved stock and what I think was a car spring as the bow part.

I found an archery shop and bought some crossbow bolts for some outrageous price and took it over to a friend's house with another friend of mine. Fortunately (since there was no forethought involved), he lived on a big acreage that was part ranch, part woods.

The three of us set up a target, but had no idea what kind of power a crossbolt has. So with the very first shot, we cocked it and held it up at a 45 degree angle pointed toward nothing in particular, and pulled the trigger, assuming it would go across the field and then we'd chase it down.

I'm assuming it landed at some point, but the last I saw of that bolt, it was headed over the horizon like a Tomahawk missile. I had no concept of the power that thing had. It was staggering. We watched it fly away, and eventually I asked my friend, "Are there any people over that way?" He didn't think so, because it was headed off into the woods, but if at some point a dead hunter's skeleton is found with a crossbow bolt in his skull, I'm headed to Mexico.

ROFL Don't go to Mexico. They'll extradite you back. Go to Costa Rica. No extradition treaty there :thumb:

rageeumr
01-28-2010, 02:41 PM

Toe = Phlanges.

The metatarsals are the bones on the top of the foot. And it is GD impossible to walk with a broken one unless you're superman.

Sofa King
01-28-2010, 02:45 PM
That's a good one.

a teacher of mine from high school was a very good story teller. (true stories btw)

He told the a story about him and his brother. They had each just gotten those little plastic bows with plastic arrows with suckers (plungers) at the end. you know, the cheap ones from gas stations etc..

Well his brother and him took the plungers off the end as soon as they got home (what young kid wouldnt...) and they sharpened them to a fine point..

They had their fun shooting at birds, bunnies, etc... and as they were running through the trees, his brother tripped, jamming all 3 of his arrows into his open mouth, into the inside of his cheek, gums, and one in the back of his throat..

Needless to say, he rode to the doctors office with 3 arrows firmly planted into his mouth, and it took them some manuvering to get them out..

Moral of the story, don't run in the halls... (that seriously was his moral of his story.....)

rageeumr
01-28-2010, 02:51 PM

Oh, and as an ironic aside, I actually did break my toe last weekend (I assume I did, anyway, I'm not going to the doctor for it, but I stubbed the shit out of it and it's all purple) and I ran 3 miles on it last night and planning on doing 6 today. So I agree with your assertion about the lack of severity with a broken toe.

SDChiefs
01-28-2010, 02:58 PM
Did it feel awkward?

Slightly, yes.

Hammock Parties
01-28-2010, 03:06 PM
we keep our adult movies in the nightstand by the bed....

You're a hypocrite.

Kyle DeLexus
01-28-2010, 03:07 PM
That's a good one.

Weird, I had a 2nd cousin that died from a crossbow bolt that the police assumed some damn kids shot into the woods. :hmmm:

Hammock Parties
01-28-2010, 03:12 PM
One time I had a crush on a co worker. I talked about her endlessly on an internet forum. I posted a picture of her, with her phone number in the picture.

KABOOM!

Kyle DeLexus
01-28-2010, 03:13 PM
Damn... Do you have a Phd in piss? :D

I bet he does, and I bet he's the guy that does all the drug testing for the NFL and MLB.(everyone knows they don't really give drug tests in the NBA)

I'm sure the only reason we haven't heard about it before is because he didn't want to offend Hootie.

niblet
01-28-2010, 04:03 PM

My brother had a compound/open fracture (aka it was sticking out of the skin) in his toe and had to wear a boot and use crutches.

The most interesting man in the world did something stupid?

Slayer Diablo
01-28-2010, 07:10 PM
So one day when I was about 3 or 4, my parents told me not to wander off too far. I didn't really listen because watching little league wasn't too exciting, and I wanted to go play in the woods. Next thing I know, there's a stick that comes flying out of no where and jams itself into my foot. I later found out that some a**hole must've been hunting with a bow & arrow or a crossbow or something...they never found who it was, though.

JD10367
01-28-2010, 07:31 PM
As a child: had my eyes closed, and walked into a bare lightbulb. Nice 2nd-degree lightbulb-shaped burn on my left tit. Later that week, got into a fight. Other kid throws the first punch. Doesn't know what happened to me, yet manages to punch me right in the burn. I crumpled like hit by lightning. That kid probably thought he was Rocky Balboa.