PDA

View Full Version : Life Good idea, bad idea, or just plain old idea?

Rain Man
01-22-2010, 08:49 PM
Poll coming as soon as I roll around on it to warm it up.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,583659,00.html?test=latestnews

Holiday Inn Offers 'Human Bed-Warming Service' to Combat Icy Sheets
Friday, January 22, 2010

Print ShareThisHoliday Inn, operator of over 4,000 hotels worldwide, will begin to offer a free five-minute "human bed-warming service" at its London Kensington hotel throughout next week.

If requested, a willing member of hotel staff will jump in your bed, dressed head to foot in an all-in-one sleeper suit, until your nightly chamber warms up.

Holiday Inn spokeswoman Jane Bednall described the plan as something like having a "giant hot water bottle in your bed."

Dr Chris Idzikowski, director of the Edinburgh Sleep Centre, said the idea could help people get off to sleep, as cold beds inhibit slumber.

"Holiday Inn's new bed warmers service should help people achieve a good night's sleep especially as it's taking much longer for them to warm up when they come in from the snow."

Bane
01-22-2010, 08:51 PM
Hmmm.Nah I don't like that.I'll warm it up myself thank you.

DaFace
01-22-2010, 08:52 PM
Huh. That's just plain weird.

Skip Towne
01-22-2010, 08:53 PM
Electric blankets would be better.

kstater
01-22-2010, 08:53 PM
This is an Onion article no?

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-22-2010, 08:54 PM
If its a woman and she'll let me PIIHB I'm all for it.

Bane
01-22-2010, 08:54 PM
If its a woman and she'll let me PIIHB I'm all for it.

ROFL

Gonzo
01-22-2010, 09:03 PM
If its a sow and she'll let me PIIHB I'm all for it.

FYP
Posted via Mobile Device

Gonzo
01-22-2010, 09:07 PM
Hey JOhn...

Job opportunity buddy!

You know his ass would be in some feety pajamas as soon as the phone rang.
Posted via Mobile Device

ClevelandBronco
01-22-2010, 09:10 PM
No. It doesn't matter who they offer. No.

Rain Man
01-22-2010, 09:11 PM
Hey JOhn...

Job opportunity buddy!

Posted via Mobile Device

JOhn ought to suggest this to his boss. They're in a cold-weather climate.

ClevelandBronco
01-22-2010, 09:16 PM
Now how about that cold toilet seat?

teedubya
01-22-2010, 09:35 PM
What about when you have kinky people there... and they want to have threesomes with you... like JOhn was propositioned with. lol

Job perks!!

Rain Man
01-22-2010, 09:36 PM
If it was anything other than a spectacularly cute woman, it would be entirely disgusting. It was a spectacularly cute woman, it would be only mildly disgusting.

Buck
01-22-2010, 09:40 PM
I chose the absolutely not option on each question.

RJ
01-22-2010, 09:45 PM
If JOhn takes the suggestion to his boss, his boss might steal the idea and take all the credit and get a big raise and a promotion to General Manager of the Tahiti Sheraton. JOhn needs to start warming the guest's beds on his own. I'll bet parents will be especially grateful to find JOhn in their children's beds, warming them while he waits for the little tykes to climb under the covers. His idea is sure to get lots of attention!

I hope you read this, JOhn. When opportunity knocks, it's up to you to answer the door.

RippedmyFlesh
01-22-2010, 10:52 PM
Holiday Inn spokeswoman Jane Bednall described the plan as something like having a "giant hot water bottle in your bed."

Why don't they just do that instead of going all creepy?

morphius
01-22-2010, 11:00 PM
I like my bed sheets cold when I climb in it.

Rain Man
01-22-2010, 11:09 PM

What if they put a dead employee in your bed for ten minutes?

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-22-2010, 11:28 PM
FYP
Posted via Mobile Device

ROFL AssHole .

Gonzo
01-22-2010, 11:30 PM
ROFL AssHole .

I was wondering when you were going to catch that....

LMAO
Posted via Mobile Device

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-22-2010, 11:30 PM

Absolutely !

Pioli Zombie
01-22-2010, 11:51 PM
I once checked into a hotel room, the bed wasn't made,and there was hair in it.
I made a trip to the front desk post haste.
Posted via Mobile Device

cdcox
01-23-2010, 12:36 AM
I like cool sheets. Not really in favor of this idea. However...

Several years ago I did a summer workshop at Smith College (a woman's school). Since it was summer, most of the students were gone. We stayed in one of the dorms. The first night there, I had a really intense dream (no, not that intense) that I had met a young woman and fallen in love with her. The feelings were really strong when I woke up and kind of stuck with me for a couple of days. I've wondered if the dream (very unusual for me) might have been triggered by some pheromones left behind by the student who slept there the year before.

I think I'd favor a pheromone transfer service before I'd want someone warming up my nice cool sheets.

JOhn
01-23-2010, 12:53 AM
If JOhn takes the suggestion to his boss, his boss might steal the idea and take all the credit and get a big raise and a promotion to General Manager of the Tahiti Sheraton. JOhn needs to start warming the guest's beds on his own. I'll bet parents will be especially grateful to find JOhn in their children's beds, warming them while he waits for the little tykes to climb under the covers. His idea is sure to get lots of attention!

I hope you read this, JOhn. When opportunity knocks, it's up to you to answer the door.
I already provide that service for the attractive MILF's :)

Hey JOhn...

Job opportunity buddy!

Posted via Mobile Device

JOhn ought to suggest this to his boss. They're in a cold-weather climate.

And we are a Holiday Inn, owned by IHG, the parent company of Holiday Inn.

Fwiw, I checked the IHG website, both domestic and International sites, and found nothing about it. Think I'm gonna have to call BS. :shrug:

But it is an interisting idea ROFL

sportsman1
01-23-2010, 12:57 AM
I once checked into a hotel room, the bed wasn't made,and there was hair in it.
I made a trip to the front desk post haste.
Posted via Mobile Device

Did you stay at The Ramadan in Topuka too :eek:

JOhn
01-23-2010, 01:18 AM
Well CRAP!!!!

Looks like I might be getting more job duties as the Concierge :cuss:

Looks like a real thing dammit

http://us.yhs.search.yahoo.com/avg/search?fr=yhs-avg&type=yahoo_avg_hs2-tb-web_us&p=human%20bed-warming%20service

Tylerthigpen!1!
01-23-2010, 02:06 AM
I imagine Zach Galifianakis types are the ones doing the warming of the beds

Rain Man
01-23-2010, 11:59 AM
I like cool sheets. Not really in favor of this idea. However...

Several years ago I did a summer workshop at Smith College (a woman's school). Since it was summer, most of the students were gone. We stayed in one of the dorms. The first night there, I had a really intense dream (no, not that intense) that I had met a young woman and fallen in love with her. The feelings were really strong when I woke up and kind of stuck with me for a couple of days. I've wondered if the dream (very unusual for me) might have been triggered by some pheromones left behind by the student who slept there the year before.

I think I'd favor a pheromone transfer service before I'd want someone warming up my nice cool sheets.

Are you a really sound sleeper? Maybe the dorm resident was hiding in the closet until you went to sleep and then ....

Eh, probably just pheromones.

Interesting theory, though.

bevischief
01-23-2010, 12:01 PM
If it was anything other than a spectacularly cute woman, it would be entirely disgusting. It was a spectacularly cute woman, it would be only mildly disgusting.

And she has to be naked...:D

Bearcat
01-23-2010, 12:02 PM
Electric blankets would be better.

It's all part of 'going green'.

I think smell would have a lot to do with it, too.

It would definitely be awkward... do you just stand there while they're, uh, working? The timing would have to be just right, especially if they have no plans of sticking around after warming the bed. Do you tip them? Do you tip extra if they provide a 'warmth burst'? Do they leave a survey for you to fill out the next morning?

Rain Man
01-23-2010, 01:16 PM
The results are interesting.

18 of 21 wouldn't want a person of the gender they're not attracted to. (2 would view it positively)
17 of 21 wouldn't want an ugly person of the gender they're attracted to. (1 would view it positively)
15 of 21 wouldn't want an average person of the gender they're attracted to. (4 would view it positively)
7 of 20 wouldn't want an attractive person of the gender they're attracted to. (9 would view it positively)

So there's a market for this, but only if the bed warmer is attractive. Even if she/he is average-looking, it's going to be negative, or at best a niche market. But if she/he is attractive, the public will generally like it.