PDA

View Full Version : Home and Auto Anybody own a Mercedes?

ChiefsCountry
01-23-2010, 02:56 AM
I am looking at buying one, just wondered if anybody has one/had one. Any postives, negatives, etc.

Hammock Parties
01-23-2010, 03:52 AM
I do. Looking to buy an old one or a new one? They don't make 'em like they used to.

Stewie
01-23-2010, 07:22 AM
I have a colleague that drives one of the C series MB's. I think his is the Sport edition or some such thing. He loves it. I've ridden in it a couple of times and it's nice. He's had it a couple of years and has had no complaints.

RedandGold
01-23-2010, 09:00 AM
I know a couple of people that have (or have had) an E-Class, and they both liked them. The only negative was the cost of maintenance, but if you're spending the money on a Benz, the additional cost of maintenance shouldn't be an issue.

With this being said, if you're buying used, steer clear of the C and M-Classes. Both have reliability below that of the other classes.

Wilson8
01-23-2010, 10:07 AM
Yes, when I'm out on the road in my Ford truck, I see lots of people driving them.

JD10367
01-23-2010, 10:11 AM
The only negative was the cost of maintenance, but if you're spending the money on a Benz, the additional cost of maintenance shouldn't be an issue.

Yes, they are expensive to repair, and don't lose a key. How do I know? Because Smart is distributed through MB (Penske), so that's where I bought my little car and get it serviced. It's the equivalent of buying a pair of Old Navy jeans, and having to go to a pricey tailor every time you want them cleaned. :cuss:

mikeyis4dcats.
01-23-2010, 10:45 AM
Yes, they are expensive to repair, and don't lose a key. How do I know? Because Smart is distributed through MB (Penske), so that's where I bought my little car and get it serviced. It's the equivalent of buying a pair of Old Navy jeans, and having to go to a pricey tailor every time you want them cleaned. :cuss:

you own a Smart car? LOL

Sure-Oz
01-23-2010, 10:54 AM
My sister has a 2008 its really nice but def. expensive to keep up with. Get an Acura or something. not sure what version the car is but it was about $50k

Pants
01-23-2010, 10:58 AM
What kind of Mercedes are you looking at?

TrebMaxx
01-23-2010, 11:06 AM
Get a BMW. 4 years/50,000 miles all maintenance is covered. I mean all, brake pads, rotors, oil changes, etc.

wild1
01-23-2010, 11:08 AM
I know a guy who used to have one of their bikes.

Bowser
01-23-2010, 11:08 AM
CoMo says German engineering isn't to be trusted.

teedubya
01-23-2010, 11:29 AM
Yes, I have 2 Mercedes, 1 Bugati, a Lambourghini, a Tesla and two Bentleys... but who is counting?

Bugeater
01-23-2010, 11:31 AM
Yes, I have 2 Mercedes, 1 Bugati, a Lambourghini, a Tesla and two Bentleys... but who is counting?
Only two Bentleys? lol...what a poser.

teedubya
01-23-2010, 11:32 AM
Only two Bentleys? lol...what a poser.

Don't make me bust out my vintage muscle cars list... I'm gonna copy and paste it from this other site... uh, I mean... don't make me type all of them out.

cdirty
01-23-2010, 11:37 AM
http://www.drivingsports.com/site/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/conan_bugatti2-640x480.jpg

ChiefsCountry
01-23-2010, 05:13 PM
Well the dealership helped me make my decision, it got sold last night. Worked out fine for me anyways - matience was my biggest compliant on them, I'm not a big mechanic type but I got a very nice SUV for the same price as the Benz so I am happy.

Pants
01-23-2010, 05:14 PM
Well the dealership helped me make my decision, it got sold last night. Worked out fine for me anyways - matience was my biggest compliant on them, I'm not a big mechanic type but I got a very nice SUV for the same price as the Benz so I am happy.
Nooooo! What did you end up getting?

ChiefsCountry
01-23-2010, 05:24 PM
The Mercedes was a C Class, the SUV I got was a Pontiac Torrent. Which I know big difference in name, but the loaded features it had in it was identical to the Buick and Cadillac versions I looked at, expect cost which was 1/3 less. A big drop in name but I got alot better bang for my buck IMO.

DaneMcCloud
01-23-2010, 05:36 PM
I am looking at buying one, just wondered if anybody has one/had one. Any postives, negatives, etc.

I had a 2005 ML350 Special Edition for 42 months (Leased - I always lease).

Pros: Incredible vehicle. Great exterior paint, extremely nice leather, big, roomy, comfortable. Amazing ride. Couldn't even feel the road (and our roads suck in SoCal). Very, very quiet. Excellent sound system (11 speakers plus a sub-woofer). I felt like I owned the road.

Cons: Terrible gas mileage. Maybe 9 miles to the gallon in Los Angeles traffic. In three years, I only put on 17,800 miles but I had to have the brakes replaced twice, at a cost of $600.00 in each instance (and it needed another brake job when I turned it in). A 6,000 pound vehicle in constant start and strop traffic will cause you to have your brakes routinely replace.

Also, bad features. Whereas my wife's 2004 Lexus RX330 had voice activated blue tooth phone, voice activated navigation and more, the Mercedes had no bluetooth, and no voice activated navigation. The nav system pretty much sucked ass. I looked the 2008 Mercedes ML350 and they didn't have a voice-activated system then either, so I went with the RX350.

If it's not a new model, be sure to take it to a dealer to run through it before buying. Repairs can be very pricey.

Good luck!

Demonpenz
01-23-2010, 06:38 PM
I got a lap dance from a black girls named mercedes once, the pussy stains on my jean shorts lasted until passover

JD10367
01-23-2010, 06:43 PM
you own a Smart car? LOL

Yes. I'd explain the car's benefits, but I don't waste time on judgemental morons who need to drive something large to offset their tiny penises.

rad
01-23-2010, 07:17 PM
Yes. I'd explain the car's benefits, but I don't waste time on judgemental morons who need to drive something large to offset their tiny penises.

Hey, not everyone can be hung like JD10367......

JD10367
01-23-2010, 07:19 PM
Hey, not everyone can be hung like JD10367......

I just dislike people with preconceived, biased notions. I don't care if it's racist, sexist, dislike of a particular car, cruise line, city, country, TV show, whatever. If you can't be bothered to investigate it for yourself, you're a f**king moron and I don't have time to waste on you.

And, yeah, I like driving it 'cause I have to roll down the window and hang my penis out 'cause the car's shorter than the penis. :D

Simply Red
01-23-2010, 07:21 PM
I owned an 03 S-500, it's aight, nothing like the lil' whip I have now.

rad
01-23-2010, 07:31 PM
I just dislike people with preconceived, biased notions. I don't care if it's racist, sexist, dislike of a particular car, cruise line, city, country, TV show, whatever. If you can't be bothered to investigate it for yourself, you're a f**king moron and I don't have time to waste on you.

And, yeah, I like driving it 'cause I have to roll down the window and hang my penis out 'cause the car's shorter than the penis. :D

Check with your insurance company, you may have to put it on as a 2nd driver.

Skip Towne
01-23-2010, 07:40 PM
If GoChiefs has a Mercedes, I have 2 Mercedes.

DaneMcCloud
01-23-2010, 07:53 PM
you own a Smart car? LOL

Smart Cars are bad ass

JD10367
01-23-2010, 07:59 PM
Smart Cars are bad ass

Just last night, I said to some friends, "Hey, you know the 'homiez' sound system you see in cars? Like the ones in L.A., with a giant wall of speakers in the trunk and backseat? If I put those in the back of the Smart, I bet I could actually propel the car with sound waves. Every bass thump would shove the car down the road." :D

King_Chief_Fan
01-23-2010, 08:47 PM
I had a 2005 ML350 Special Edition for 42 months (Leased - I always lease).

Pros: Incredible vehicle. Great exterior paint, extremely nice leather, big, roomy, comfortable. Amazing ride. Couldn't even feel the road (and our roads suck in SoCal). Very, very quiet. Excellent sound system (11 speakers plus a sub-woofer). I felt like I owned the road.

Cons: Terrible gas mileage. Maybe 9 miles to the gallon in Los Angeles traffic. In three years, I only put on 17,800 miles but I had to have the brakes replaced twice, at a cost of $600.00 in each instance (and it needed another brake job when I turned it in). A 6,000 pound vehicle in constant start and strop traffic will cause you to have your brakes routinely replace.

Also, bad features. Whereas my wife's 2004 Lexus RX330 had voice activated blue tooth phone, voice activated navigation and more, the Mercedes had no bluetooth, and no voice activated navigation. The nav system pretty much sucked ass. I looked the 2008 Mercedes ML350 and they didn't have a voice-activated system then either, so I went with the RX350.

If it's not a new model, be sure to take it to a dealer to run through it before buying. Repairs can be very pricey.

Good luck!

I have the same model Mercedes as you....different results. First break job was at 40K, same as tires. St. Louis driving not quite as bad as LA

BWillie
01-23-2010, 08:49 PM

Ya it's like 20 years old though. I have a BMW, and I can't really say I dislike it or like it. My dad had a Lexus and Mercedes throughout the years and he loves Lexus alot more and says their service is better for what it is worth.

Hammock Parties
01-23-2010, 08:52 PM

What do you drive, old timer? That pimpin' cable-guy van?

DaneMcCloud
01-23-2010, 08:57 PM
I have the same model Mercedes as you....different results. First break job was at 40K, same as tires. St. Louis driving not quite as bad as LA

It's the start and stop traffic. The dealership said it was very common to have the brakes replaced every 5k-10k miles, mainly due to the weight. Supposedly, they changed the weight and design on the 2008 model so it's far less of an issue.

Outside of the features and brake issue, I actually preferred the Mercedes to the Lexus. The RX350 is too small for our family. Loading up two 80 pound Labs, a car seat and a weeks full of luggage for the three of us is very difficult. My lease is up in December and I think I'll purchase something bigger.

What, I have no idea.

Skip Towne
01-23-2010, 09:19 PM
What do you drive, old timer? That pimpin' cable-guy van?

If you have a Mercedes you snot nosed kid, I have a Bentley.

BWillie
01-23-2010, 09:24 PM

I don't really see why people think that if you have a Mercedes or a BMW etc you are rich or an a-hole. You can get a great deal on alot of pre-owned luxury cars like that, or you can buy a new (good) domestic vehicle that depreciates faster brand new and pay more.

Most people see me rolling in a BMW and for some reason think I am really rich or something, but then they find out it's like six years old and not worth as much as they think it is.

Hammock Parties
01-23-2010, 09:25 PM

ROFL

It's amusing that you are so miffed that I own a Mercedes. It wasn't expensive. Nice car, though. :)

Tits McGee
01-24-2010, 01:01 AM
Let's talk...
I'm rolling with a SL 500, it's solid as a rock, built like a tank but yet nimble as any sports car. The one thing that you will notice is when you ride in someone's Chrysler or Ford and you realize how cheap and the amount of plastic is in the interior. You would swear the parts suppliers for the big 3 are Mattel, Hasbro and Legos.
The most important thing is have a mechanic that is Mercedes certified but not part of the dealership network. (Note a dome light bulb is $25.00) Don't forget every two bit wanna-a-be gangsta will try to steal your hood ornament so you'll have to cough up a few extra bucks every six months for new one.

Kyle DeLexus
01-24-2010, 01:21 AM
Ya it's like 20 years old though. I have a BMW, and I can't really say I dislike it or like it. My dad had a Lexus and Mercedes throughout the years and he loves Lexus alot more and says their service is better for what it is worth.

I'm kinda partial to the Lexus rides myself.

Buck
01-24-2010, 01:29 AM
GoChiefs likes it for the roomy backseat.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bugeater
01-24-2010, 01:46 AM
Let's talk...
I'm rolling with a SL 500, it's solid as a rock, built like a tank but yet nimble as any sports car. The one thing that you will notice is when you ride in someone's Chrysler or Ford and you realize how cheap and the amount of plastic is in the interior. You would swear the parts suppliers for the big 3 are Mattel, Hasbro and Legos.
The most important thing is have a mechanic that is Mercedes certified but not part of the dealership network. (Note a dome light bulb is $25.00) Don't forget every two bit wanna-a-be gangsta will try to steal your hood ornament so you'll have to cough up a few extra bucks every six months for new one.
Uhhh...yeah, I think I'll keep my Dodge, Hasbro interior and all.

Tits McGee
01-24-2010, 01:50 AM
Uhhh...yeah, I think I'll keep my Dodge, Hasbro interior and all.

I hear ya. On a side note I'm planning on getting a GMC truck myself.

LiL stumppy
01-24-2010, 02:01 AM
Positive: It's a Mercede's

Negative: It's a Mercede's

DaneMcCloud
01-24-2010, 02:32 AM
Positive: It's a Mercede's

Negative: It's a Mercede's

Dipshittery: Learn how to spell

Stewie
01-24-2010, 09:36 AM

I used to drive an Acura, which was a very nice care. Parts and repairs were expensive and I said to myself, "Self? Why do you drive this thing? You don't need it and there are equally reliable cars that get you where you need to go. No one really gives a shit what you drive anyway, well, except for the judgmental types." I traded it for a Toyota Camry and have been very happy with my choice.

ForeverChiefs58
01-24-2010, 10:18 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LM3ssoWjwY0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LM3ssoWjwY0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

LiL stumppy
01-25-2010, 02:49 PM
Dipshittery: Learn how to spell

It was sarcasm pumpkin.

Also, find more things to do in your free time than critique internet spelling on a forum, you would enjoy your life much more.

-King-
01-25-2010, 03:17 PM
Diddy's son has one http://omg.yahoo.com/blogs/crush/diddys-son-gets-a-360-000-car-for-his-sixteenth-birthday/270/?nc

Maybach to be specific.

L.A. Chieffan
01-25-2010, 04:19 PM
used to have one in younger days. two words:

pussy.magnet.

LiL stumppy
01-25-2010, 04:25 PM
used to have one in younger days. two words:

pussy.magnet.

you think that's a pussy magnet go out about buy a teal 92 geo storm. that will raise your sex apeal level up to the level of mr. heffner