01-23-2010, 08:43 PM
ROFL

awesome.

Mr_Tomahawk
01-23-2010, 08:43 PM
..someone's gonna get their jaw broke!

milkman
01-23-2010, 08:52 PM
The fact that no one else wants that job is the primary reason for his retention, obviously.

However, given that situation, Cable did a hell of a job.

I'd hate to see how he handled the job with a competent, non-meddling owner there.

They might actually be a damn good team.

Captain Obvious
01-23-2010, 08:53 PM
I'm sure his players will respect him.

alpha_omega
01-23-2010, 09:15 PM
Why would he even want to stay?

Mr. Flopnuts
01-23-2010, 09:22 PM
The fact that no one else wants that job is the primary reason for his retention, obviously.

I'd hate to see how he handled the job with a competent, non-meddling owner there.

Yep. Fassel is the only one that will take the job and Al don't want him. I hope Mr. Davis lives to 160.

Easy 6
01-23-2010, 09:28 PM

Sad but true.

They did play hard for him & had Gradkowski started the season, who knows? He's no genius, thats for sure... but he was able, at times, to get that team to play fast & physical for 60 minutes, again at times... thats half the battle.

But, i also think he has a metric ton of talent there that is SO desperate for leadership & a program they can believe in... that they'd sign up with & play hard for Jim Jones & The Peoples Temple if it looked like they atleast knew something about football.

I still think he's more 'Dese & Does' than X's & O's.

milkman
01-23-2010, 09:34 PM
Sad but true.

They did play hard for him & had Gradkowski started the season, who knows? He's no genius, thats for sure... but he was able, at times, to get that team to play fast & physical for 60 minutes, again at times... thats half the battle.

But, i also think he has a metric ton of talent there that is SO desperate for leadership & a program they can believe in... that they'd sign up with & play hard for Jim Jones & The Peoples Temple if it looked like they atleast knew something about football.

I still think he's more 'Dese & Does' than X's & O's.

I just get the impression that, his personal issues aside, that he's a solid football guy that would surround himself with competent X's & O's guys if he could put together his own staff, and that he would get that team to play hard and win a lot of games.

JD10367
01-23-2010, 09:40 PM
Norv stays in San Diego. Cable stays in Oakland. McDaniels stays in Denver. That division is a train wreck, LOL. Ripe for the picking for the Chiefs.

LaChapelle
01-23-2010, 09:46 PM
Josh "Tounces" McDaniels is driving the Broncos over a cliff
Norv is Norving his way for 3 more years
Haley, Weis and Crennel really have to fuck up to look bad

BillSelfsTrophycase
01-23-2010, 09:47 PM
Doesn't matter, Al has been and will be (god willing) the coach for the next 20 years

milkman
01-23-2010, 09:49 PM
Norv stays in San Diego. Cable stays in Oakland. McDaniels stays in Denver. That division is a train wreck, LOL. Ripe for the picking for the Chiefs.

Yeah.

Too bad we're like Micky Rooney without a ladder.

JD10367
01-23-2010, 09:50 PM
Yeah.

Too bad we're like Micky Rooney without a ladder.

Yes but that was before the Wonder (Bread) Twins arrived.

Don't forget, Belichick hasn't won a SB without Weis and Crennel. ;)

milkman
01-23-2010, 09:52 PM
Yes but that was before the Wonder (Bread) Twins arrived.

Don't forget, Belichick hasn't won a SB without Weis and Crennel. ;)

I don't see Wonder Dog (Brady) tagging along.

Coaching only takes you so far.

Need a QB to win in this league consistently, and I'm not convinced we have one.

Easy 6
01-23-2010, 09:53 PM
I just get the impression that, his personal issues aside, that he's a solid football guy that would surround himself with competent X's & O's guys if he could put together his own staff, and that he would get that team to play hard and win a lot of games.

Its possible he really grows into it, i def agree... provided he's smart enough to know, what he doesnt know, he might make a good HC. Like you're saying, not every great coach was/is a genius.. but his guys would still pay attention & tear some sh*t up for him.

I just hope he fails in the most miserable way possible, and i have one HUGE co-conspirator... Al Davis

MMXcalibur
01-23-2010, 09:58 PM
Alright, another shitacular season in Oakland!!

Mr_Tomahawk
01-23-2010, 10:41 PM
Raiders deny report that Cable is safe

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/23/raiders-deny-report-that-cable-is-safe/

Posted by Mike Florio on January 23, 2010 10:37 PM ET
The Raiders have spent the last few days denying reports that they're looking at head-coaching candidates.

The Raiders are now denying a report that they've decided to keep the head coach they have.

Raiders senior executive John Herrera told the Associated Press that the process of evaluating Tom Cable has not concluded. Herrera also pointed out that the team has not said Cable will be back next season.

But, as many Raiders have pointed out recently, why should the Raiders have to announce that Cable will still be their head coach?

It's therefore the first concrete piece of evidence that Cable might not be back next season.

And it remains possible that the Raiders and owner Al Davis are simply trying to mess with the media.

Quesadilla Joe
01-24-2010, 06:42 AM

You forgot that Failey and Polio are still with the Chiefs.

Bane
01-24-2010, 08:00 AM
You forgot that Failey and Polio are still with the Chiefs.

All of them together aren't as stupid as Mcdidntmaketheplayoffs.
He seriously was KC's best offseason move,and I'm glad that he's your HC.His being there alone sets the Dungholes back years.ROFL

bevischief
01-24-2010, 08:07 AM

this