PDA

View Full Version : Poop Man charged by federal prosecutors in western Colo. dog dragging

DenverChief
01-24-2010, 05:31 PM
FRUITA (AP) - A Grand Junction man has been arrested for allegedly dragging a dog to its death in Colorado National Monument.

Rangers arrested 37-year-old Steven Clay Romero on Thursday at the Mesa County courthouse. Federal prosecutors have charged him with animal cruelty, a felony.

The arrest came a day after a German Shepherd-Blue Heeler mix was found with a rope around its neck along Rim Rock Drive, the main road through the park in western Colorado.

Rangers say the dog, named Buddy, was stolen by others from Delta. They say Romero tied the dog to his truck and dragged him for 2 miles up the steep and winding road.

Rangers say tips they got through a hotline helped lead them to Romero. He appeared in court on unrelated charges and was arrested as he left the courtroom.

http://www.9news.com/video/default.aspx?bctid=60500592001

tmax63
01-24-2010, 05:44 PM
He needs to be tied to a truck and dragged about 2 miles.

DenverChief
01-24-2010, 06:07 PM

Agreed its too bad someone didn't catch him in the act...

Dartgod
01-24-2010, 06:37 PM
Through broken glass.

btlook1
01-24-2010, 08:11 PM
Through broken glass.

On no don't use glass...that would make him bleed out to quick...a nice 20 mph down a gravel road will prolong his agony.

Earthling
01-24-2010, 08:20 PM
What kind of worthless pos gets any kind of thrill out of an act like that?

trndobrd
01-24-2010, 08:39 PM
What kind of worthless pos gets any kind of thrill out of an act like that?.

DenverChief
01-24-2010, 08:46 PM
On no don't use glass...that would make him bleed out to quick...a nice 20 mph down a gravel road will prolong his agony.

I think it is worse how the dog died

oan Anzelmo, superintendent of the monument, told The Denver Post that tracks left in the snow clearly show how the crime was committed: The dog initially walked, then ran and eventually was dragged when it couldn't keep up with the vehicle. It was finally dumped after it died from the dragging.
She said the German shepherd mix was forced to run up one of the steepest hills at the monument. During the 3 miles, the dog had to run on about 2 inches of snow, around multiple switchbacks and sharp curves that gained more than 1,000 feet in elevation before the animal collapsed and died.
Marylou Randour, a staff psychologist for the Humane Society of the United States, said the person or persons who committed the act is a psychopath. "He is someone who has no compassion or empathy for any living creatures," Randour said. Randour added that the individual is extremely dangerous and a threat to human beings as well as animals.
"He may not have been angry at all," she said of the individual. "He may have done it for kicks — to torture an animal in an elaborate and detailed way."

WilliamTheIrish
01-24-2010, 09:41 PM
He'll take the Civil Service test and be a cop in 18 months.

LaChapelle
01-24-2010, 09:46 PM
tenderizing

LaChapelle
01-24-2010, 09:54 PM
For all we know
the dog may have bitten some kid's faceoff

Goldmember
01-24-2010, 11:40 PM
For all we know
the dog may have bitten some kid's faceoff

What a stupid fucking comment. So that gives him the right to torture an animal?

wazu
01-25-2010, 12:52 AM
What a stupid fucking comment. So that gives him the right to torture an animal?

Okay, first off, he didn't bite some kid's face off, so yes, this is an evil, inhumane act. It's inhumane because it was done to a mammal. Had this crime been committed against, say, a cockroach, it would not be nearly as evil seeming.

That being said, if the dog had bitten a kid's face off, and this was retribution, then I'd be okay with it. I believe in strict, vigilante-style justice for kid-face-eating.

Goldmember
01-25-2010, 01:47 AM
Okay, first off, he didn't bite some kid's face off, so yes, this is an evil, inhumane act. It's inhumane because it was done to a mammal. Had this crime been committed against, say, a cockroach, it would not be nearly as evil seeming.

That being said, if the dog had bitten a kid's face off, and this was retribution, then I'd be okay with it. I believe in strict, vigilante-style justice for kid-face-eating.

what about cockroach justice? I'd like to see a cockroach bite his face off

Inspector
01-25-2010, 08:09 AM
Sociopath.

Serial killers typically start off with animals and then move up to larger, more human prey.

Bwana
01-25-2010, 08:35 AM
37-year-old Steven Clay Romero needs a good beating.

Saulbadguy
01-25-2010, 09:13 AM
Clark Griswold?

Demonpenz
01-25-2010, 09:28 AM
shepards pie

Easy 6
01-25-2010, 09:35 AM
Sociopath.

Serial killers typically start off with animals and then move up to larger, more human prey.

Exactly, its a thin line between animals & people... people who'd do this to an animal are just a step away from doing it to people.

Frazod
01-25-2010, 09:53 AM
My cousin's wife works at the jail in Grand Junction where that piece of crap is probably being held. I'll have to ask her about this.

Otter
01-25-2010, 10:10 AM
Sounds like ol' Steve needs to be stripped down to his skivies and taken for a run in the snow.

OnTheWarpath15
01-25-2010, 10:17 AM
Clark Griswold?

Poor Aunt Edna.

BigRichard
01-25-2010, 10:17 AM
I am waiting for the moron to come along and say, "But it is just a dog. Who cares."

Cannibal
01-25-2010, 10:23 AM
Let's let the animal kingdom have the revenge. Strap that piece of human excrement down on Bodacious and force him to ride until death.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SraIAmCL_ok&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SraIAmCL_ok&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

DaFace
01-25-2010, 10:24 AM

I don't know about that. Putting a violent animal down is one thing. Torturing it is another.

Duck Dog
01-25-2010, 10:24 AM
He looks like a scared little bitch.

http://www.brokencountry.com/index.php/2010/01/01/man-charged-with-dragging-stolen-dog-to-death-at-colorado-national-monument/

rockymtnchief
01-25-2010, 10:43 AM
Let's let the animal kingdom have the revenge. Strap that piece of human excrement down on Bodacious and force him to ride until death.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SraIAmCL_ok&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SraIAmCL_ok&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Bo was definetely dangerous, but he wasn't mean enough for this guy. Put him on Shorty with no bullfighters or help. Then give him anti-freeze afterwards!
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bnw3vBEA5P4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bnw3vBEA5P4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Cannibal
01-25-2010, 10:45 AM
Bo was definetely dangerous, but he wasn't mean enough for this guy. Put him on Shorty with no bullfighters or help. Then give him anti-freeze afterwards!

Damn never heard of that bull before. Thanks for the post. Wow! LOL

tomahawk kid
01-25-2010, 10:46 AM
Special circle in hell for people that torture animals.

Cannibal
01-25-2010, 10:48 AM
Comparing their bucking styles though, I think Bodacious may still be the more dangerous and more powerful bull.

rockymtnchief
01-25-2010, 10:54 AM
Comparing their bucking styles though, I think Bodacious may still be the more dangerous and more powerful bull.

No doubt at all. Bo crushed mens faces, but he left them alone once they hit the ground. Too bad he was retired in his prime, but eventually he would've killed someone.

Bulls like Shorty have a bit of Mexican fighting bull in them and are mean as hell. They'll camp on you all day if given the chance.

Cannibal
01-25-2010, 11:06 AM
No doubt at all. Bo crushed mens faces, but he left them alone once they hit the ground. Too bad he was retired in his prime, but eventually he would've killed someone.

Bulls like Shorty have a bit of Mexican fighting bull in them and are mean as hell. They'll camp on you all day if given the chance.

LOL, that is so awesome.

LaChapelle
01-25-2010, 11:35 AM
What a stupid ****ing comment. So that gives him the right to torture an animal?

Goatfucker

BIG_DADDY
01-25-2010, 12:07 PM
Sounds like they finally caught Cleveland_Bronco

Goldmember
01-25-2010, 12:10 PM
Goat****er

Intelligent reply

LaChapelle
01-25-2010, 12:12 PM
Goatfucker

SDChiefs
01-25-2010, 12:20 PM
FRUITA (AP) - A Grand Junction man has been arrested for allegedly dragging a dog to its death in Colorado National Monument.

Rangers arrested 37-year-old Steven Clay Romero on Thursday at the Mesa County courthouse. Federal prosecutors have charged him with animal cruelty, a felony.

The arrest came a day after a German Shepherd-Blue Heeler mix was found with a rope around its neck along Rim Rock Drive, the main road through the park in western Colorado.

Rangers say the dog, named Buddy, was stolen by others from Delta. They say Romero tied the dog to his truck and dragged him for 2 miles up the steep and winding road.

Rangers say tips they got through a hotline helped lead them to Romero. He appeared in court on unrelated charges and was arrested as he left the courtroom.

http://www.9news.com/video/default.aspx?bctid=60500592001

Michael Vick approves this message.

Swanman
01-25-2010, 12:56 PM

And coat the gravel road with salt and rubbing alcohol.

Dave Lane
01-25-2010, 05:37 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/82Wc92bFiZk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/82Wc92bFiZk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

JD10367
01-25-2010, 05:42 PM
When they tie him to a bumper, make sure they get three ropes, and use the other for this piece of work and his g/f (the girl's mother).

Sometimes, the woman should just abort.

Man sentenced 12 to 15 years in assault case
NBC 10 News
Published: January 25, 2010

TAUNTON, Mass.—A New Bedford man was sentenced Monday to 12 to 15 years for abusing his girlfriend’s 3-year-old daughter so severely that he permanently disfigured the child.

Bryan James was convicted last week in Taunton Superior Court. Prosecutors said James, 37, beat and bit his live-in girlfriend’s daughter in 2007.

Doctors said the girl’s lip appeared to have been bitten off and that her ear was severely damaged.

The girl, now 6, testified at the beginning of the trial.

James will get credit for two years time served.

The girl’s mother, Jessica Silveira, is charged with assault and witness intimidation. Her trial is scheduled for March.

Tylerthigpen!1!
01-25-2010, 05:54 PM
Anybody remember a movie where a black slave boy is dragged being a carriage? The kid accidentally shot a white adult man. This movie obviously took place in the 1800s

Pioli Zombie
01-25-2010, 06:25 PM
Clark Griswold?

Exactly. Maybe the guy just forgot. Like nobody here laughed at that scene.
Posted via Mobile Device

Kerberos
01-25-2010, 06:42 PM
I am waiting for the moron to come along and say, "But it is just a dog. Who cares."

Michael Vick is a member of Chiefsplanet?

Kerberos
01-25-2010, 06:43 PM
Goat****er

Intelligent reply

Fuck ONE gawdammed goat in a drunken haze and your labeled a "GoatF***er for life.

:shake:

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-25-2010, 07:10 PM
Is there any chance this was an honest mistake. what if the guy was parked out on the country side drinking a few beers and he tied his dog up to the back of the truck so it wouldn't run off., then gets in his truck and takes off for home without thinking. It could have been an honest mistake, who knows. I mean hell, I've done it 6 or 7 times.

LaChapelle
01-25-2010, 07:12 PM
**** ONE gawdammed goat in a drunken haze and your labeled a "GoatF***er for life.

:shake:

If he wants to track down how that roast made it to his table for lunch yesterday. THe bacon and eggs for breakfast. Check how all the companies in his stock portfolio do buisness. Check the dog in his back yard didn't come from a low-life fucking puppy mill. THEN he can criticize me for giving some dipshit the benefit of the doubt.

Before that he can fuck off

DBOSHO
01-25-2010, 07:16 PM
10 years.

Seriously. Fuck this guy.

Willie Lanier
01-25-2010, 08:35 PM
Wow, that resonates and slices deep. Sad. :(:shake:

Easy 6
01-25-2010, 09:26 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bnw3vBEA5P4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bnw3vBEA5P4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

WOW, great stuff... Bo was the bigger, more powerful athlete... but Shorty was MUCH meaner & nastier.

Bullriding is for Fools & Badmen... and fools get weeded out quick.

It should be a bigger draw than it is nationally IMO, Brock Lesnar & Ray Lewis cant deliver one tenth of the danger & ass whuppin that a bull can.

Cannibal
01-25-2010, 09:34 PM
WOW, great stuff... Bo was the bigger, more powerful athlete... but Shorty was MUCH meaner & nastier.

Bullriding is for Fools & Badmen... and fools get weeded out quick.

It should be a bigger draw than it is nationally IMO, Brock Lesnar & Ray Lewis cant deliver one tenth of the danger & ass whuppin that a bull can.

The freakin hang time Bodacious gets on his jumps is just insane.

BTW, it would be a bigger draw if they let bulls like Bodacious in. I've watched other PBR match-ups and while somewhat entertaining, they don't offer the same thrill as seeing a monstrosity like Bodacious or Shorty wreak their havoc in the arena. Most of the bulls I've seen in PBR come out and do a really fast 360 spin over and over with small bucks here and there. There's not enough danger in it.

Cannibal
01-25-2010, 09:43 PM
I guess I should amend that. Really those Bulls are too powerful for the circuit. You'd probably have people getting killed. But god that shit is fun to watch.

DenverChief
01-25-2010, 09:55 PM
THEN he can criticize me for giving some dipshit the benefit of the doubt.

Before that he can **** off

This guy's sister stole the dog from the back of a truck....watch the video provided in the OP plz

Easy 6
01-25-2010, 10:28 PM
I guess I should amend that. Really those Bulls are too powerful for the circuit. You'd probably have people getting killed. But god that shit is fun to watch.

On one hand, i think these guys should be riding the biggest & nastiest Hoss Bull they can find... pushing their sport to new extremes etc.

On the other, there may just be a limit on what a man can handle... even guys wearing flak vests & helmets get Jacked Up, maybe for life... like Evel Knevel strapping into a rocket.

It used to be on ESPN a lot, but not so much anymore it seems, thats a shame... its definitely exciting.

Cannibal
01-25-2010, 10:40 PM
On one hand, i think these guys should be riding the biggest & nastiest Hoss Bull they can find... pushing their sport to new extremes etc.

On the other, there may just be a limit on what a man can handle... even guys wearing flak vests & helmets get Jacked Up, maybe for life... like Evel Knevel strapping into a rocket.

It used to be on ESPN a lot, but not so much anymore it seems, thats a shame... its definitely exciting.

I was just reading a little about pro Rodeo and they say they suffer 1 to 2 deaths per year. A sport with a death count, yeah, I'd say it's dangerous! ROFL

Earthling
01-26-2010, 01:50 AM
This happened about 3 miles from where I live. (Grand Junction, CO) I can tell you that the dude would be very wise to keep a low profile in this city now...many people are outraged.

DenverChief
01-26-2010, 03:24 AM
This happened about 3 miles from where I live. (Grand Junction, CO) I can tell you that the dude would be very wise to keep a low profile in this city now...many people are outraged.

$10 says he gets roughed up somewhere and no one sees a thing

Earthling
01-26-2010, 06:02 AM
$10 says he gets roughed up somewhere and no one sees a thing

That or a hundred other people will be saying they did it :)

LaChapelle
01-26-2010, 11:25 AM
This guy's sister stole the dog from the back of a truck....watch the video provided in the OP plz

Kittie eater

DenverChief
01-26-2010, 07:02 PM
Kittie eater

sooo you like the vag?

Mr. Flopnuts
01-26-2010, 07:09 PM
sooo you like the vag?

You don't? ;)

Brock
01-26-2010, 07:12 PM
So what? /Vick apologists

seaofred
01-26-2010, 07:47 PM
The really sad thing is, this dude will spend more time in jail than say Donte Stallworth and Leonard Little combined.

jspchief
01-26-2010, 09:26 PM
The really sad thing is, this dude will spend more time in jail than say Donte Stallworth and Leonard Little combined.That doesn't seem very sad to me.

seaofred
01-26-2010, 09:56 PM
That doesn't seem very sad to me.

I'm sorry, but I hold a human life to be more important than the life of a dog. I'm not saying what he did is o.k. I think he should spend a long time in jail, but people that kill other people should spend more time there.

DenverChief
01-26-2010, 11:03 PM
:)

DENVER - A brother and sister were indicted by a federal grand jury late Monday on charges of dragging a dog to death and then trying to cover up the alleged crime.

The U.S. Attorney's Office and the National Park Service announced the indictment on Tuesday against 37-year-old Steven Clay Romero of Grand Junction and his sister, 32-year-old Melissa Marie Lockhart of Fruita.

Romero is in federal custody and an arrest warrant was issued for Lockhart.

Federal prosecutors say Romero is due in court Wednesday - the same day an animal rights activist plans to deliver 100,000 signatures seeking harsh penalties against the brother and sister, if convicted. The signatures were collected on a petition on Facebook.

The federal indictment alleges Romero knowingly tortured and needlessly mutilated and killed Buddy the dog by dragging it behind a vehicle at the Colorado National Monument sometime between Dec. 29 and 30. The indictment says Romero tied a rope around the bumper of a vehicle and the other end around Buddy's neck, driving and dragging the animal until it was dead.

It goes on to say Lockhart knew about the crime between Dec. 30 and 31, but concealed it by making false statements to law enforcement, and failed to report it.

Romero faces one count of aggravated animal cruelty. If convicted, he faces up to three years in federal prison and up to a $100,000 fine.

Lockhart faces one count of misprision of a felony (http://definitions.uslegal.com/m/misprision-of-a-felony/) and could spend up to three years in federal prison and up to a $250,000 fine, if convicted. Federal prosecutors say Lockhart also faces state charges of dog thefts in Delta.

Romero and Lockhart are facing federal charges because the crime is alleged to have occurred in a national park.

DenverChief
01-27-2010, 11:15 PM
TTT

DenverChief
01-27-2010, 11:28 PM
Dumbass lol

GRAND JUNCTION - The man accused of dragging a German Shepherd-mix to death at the Colorado National Monument last month was arraigned in federal court Wednesday afternoon.

Outside the courthouse in Grand Junction, more than a dozen people gathered to show their support for Buddy the dog.

They held posters, handed out buttons, and supported Buddy's owner.

The man accused of killing Buddy, Steven Romero, entered a not guilty plea.

Prosecutors say he tied a rope around Buddy's neck and dragged him for 3 miles.

Buddy's owner says he had no connection to Romero.

"Just ready for it to be over with, I mean, I don't see why they took him out back in a truck if they were just gonna go kill him you know, see if he was gonna try and give him a better home, but obviously he didn't," Joe Leber, Buddy's owner, said.

"They should do the same thing to him that he did to the animal, so that he can understand what he did to Buddy," Barbara Johannesson, a Buddy supporter, said.

Prosecutors say Romero's sister, Melissa Marie Lockhart, also played a role in Buddy's death. A warrant has been issued for her arrest.

Her brother's trial will likely start in the next 70 days in Denver.

Mastashake
01-27-2010, 11:33 PM
FTR I'm all for there being a stiffer penalty for this sort of abuse than manslaughter. Primarily because I like dogs more than I do people for the most part. Plus IMO most people who are capable of stuff like this will probably end up beating the crap out of their wife, kid etc. Probably doing some kid and woman a favor.

LaChapelle
01-28-2010, 12:07 AM
you're better off legally giving the owner antifreeze than the barking dog
even though they only lick your face to get the taste of their butt off their tongue

Fish
01-28-2010, 08:59 AM
FTR I'm all for there being a stiffer penalty for this sort of abuse than manslaughter. Primarily because I like dogs more than I do people for the most part. Plus IMO most people who are capable of stuff like this will probably end up beating the crap out of their wife, kid etc. Probably doing some kid and woman a favor.

:facepalm:

Lzen
01-28-2010, 09:01 AM

<object height="344" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SraIAmCL_ok&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>

Wow! That is a badass bull. Never realized that Primus was singing about a real animal.

"Ballad Of Bodacious"

Bodacious am a whole lotta' bull
over nineteen hundred pounds.
He's born in Galry, Oklahoma
and he's the baddest sonsabitch around
if a Burma bull ever were a super star
then Bodacious just might be.
He's a cream colored, beefy brawn,
full-fledged, four footed bovine celebrity.

Who's gonna ride Bodacious?
Who's gonna tame him down?
Look out for Bodacious,
he's bound to hold his ground.
Here comes Bodacious,
ya'll just step aside.
Big and bad Bodacious
takes a toll from those who ride.

Young Bo met a man named Tuff Hedeman
at the start of his buckin' spree
and Tuff became one of the few to make the whistle
bkac in Nineteen Ninety Three.

Tuff tried to ride Bo again at the finals
in Nineteen Ninety Five.
Bodacious had got a little older and wiser
Tuff barely came out alive.

rockymtnchief
01-28-2010, 09:16 AM
Wow! That is a badass bull. Never realized that Primus was singing about a real animal.

I still have that song somewhere!

That bull is still the only bull I've seen with a six-pack. He was the Schwartzenegger (sp) of bulls.

JD10367
01-28-2010, 09:17 AM
I'm sorry, but I hold a human life to be more important than the life of a dog. I'm not saying what he did is o.k. I think he should spend a long time in jail, but people that kill other people should spend more time there.

Case 1: a guy brutally kills a relatively helpless, friendly seeing-eye dog. Case 2: a guy shanks Charles Manson in jail. Who should get the longer prison sentence?

Animals, like people, come in good and bad. However, on the whole, most animals are not vicious and only get that way through human interaction. Wild animals tend to kill either in defense of young, or through hunger or predatory instinct. People, on the other hand, willingly kill for gain and willingly kill for cruelty. And, as mentioned, animal cruelty is quite often the first step to human cruelty.

If I saw the guy tying the dog to the truck and starting to drive away, I would have put a bullet in the guy's head in about a fraction of a second.

Lzen
01-28-2010, 09:22 AM
Case 1: a guy brutally kills a relatively helpless, friendly seeing-eye dog. Case 2: a guy shanks Charles Manson in jail. Who should get the longer prison sentence?

Animals, like people, come in good and bad. However, on the whole, most animals are not vicious and only get that way through human interaction. Wild animals tend to kill either in defense of young, or through hunger or predatory instinct. People, on the other hand, willingly kill for gain and willingly kill for cruelty. And, as mentioned, animal cruelty is quite often the first step to human cruelty.

If I saw the guy tying the dog to the truck and starting to drive away, I would have put a bullet in the guy's head in about a fraction of a second.

Well, let's put an extreme example why don't we? :rolleyes:

All things being equal, he is absolutely correct. Human life should be valued over animal life, period.

That being said, I agree that the evil POS in the OP should be dragged behind a car up a winding mountain road like he did to the dog.

JD10367
01-28-2010, 11:35 AM

All things being equal, he is absolutely correct. Human life should be valued over animal life, period.

That being said, I agree that the evil POS in the OP should be dragged behind a car up a winding mountain road like he did to the dog.

Well, that was sort of my point. "All things being equal" is a relative term. Saying "violence to humans should automatically equal more time than violence to animals" depends on the humans/animals involved. I don't value a human life simply because it's human; I value it if it's judged to be valuable.

Mastashake
01-28-2010, 11:53 AM
:facepalm:

I'm well aware of the extreme irrationality of my statement. And I'm okay with it. I'm very rarely an emotional person, but when it comes to animal and child abuse I absolutely go ballistic. I could easily see myself putting someone into a coma and giving them permanent brain damage for seeing them abuse an animal or child.

Like I said, I'm a calm guy, but I just FLIP when I see or hear about it.

JD10367
01-28-2010, 11:56 AM
I could easily see myself putting someone into a coma and giving them permanent brain damage for seeing them abuse an animal or child.

I'm with you. At least when it comes to large-human-on-large-human violence, the other person a.) might've done something to warrant it, and/or b.) can defend themselves. But when it comes to child-beaters or puppy/kitten-killers, I just don't have a lot of use for those people, and IMO the planet doesn't have much use for them either.

There's an ugly case in MA right now about some guy who beat up some child so bad that he disfigured her ears and bit part of her lip off. I think it's a travesty to waste trial money on him. A bullet is nice and cheap.

Mastashake
01-28-2010, 11:57 AM
I'm with you. At least when it comes to large-human-on-large-human violence, the other person a.) might've done something to warrant it, and/or b.) can defend themselves. But when it comes to child-beaters or puppy/kitten-killers, I just don't have a lot of use for those people, and IMO the planet doesn't have much use for them either.

There's an ugly case in MA right now about some guy who beat up some child so bad that he disfigured her ears and bit part of her lip off. I think it's a travesty to waste trial money on him. A bullet is nice and cheap.

F*ck bullets. I seriously want to torture these people. Like...seriously. I want to see them experience more pain and suffering more than they thought their body was capable of.

Frazod
01-28-2010, 11:59 AM

I disagree. The idea that all human life is precious is an egregious lie. Human life can be precious - it can also be a blight upon the face of existence.

There are people on this board I who would lose out if I had to choose between them and the seeing eye dog.

Swanman
01-28-2010, 12:16 PM
I disagree. The idea that all human life is precious is an egregious lie. Human life can be precious - it can also be a blight upon the face of existence.

There are people on this board I who would lose out if I had to choose between them and the seeing eye dog.

People are afraid to say that, but its the truth. Yes, human have this mystical thing called "potential". Problem is, most jerkoffs you see on the street don't even get in the same hemisphere as their potential and on the extreme other end, can do terrible things for no good reason. Dogs (and pets in general for the most part), on the other hand, are there basically to love and be loved unconditionally. We could learn from that.

Swanman
01-28-2010, 12:19 PM
The really sad thing is, this dude will spend more time in jail than say Donte Stallworth and Leonard Little combined.

Don't confuse the under-punishment of Stallworth and Little with the just punishment of this waste of sperm. All individuals involved deserve a good chunk of time in prison.

Fish
01-28-2010, 12:19 PM
F*ck bullets. I seriously want to torture these people. Like...seriously. I want to see them experience more pain and suffering more than they thought their body was capable of.

Yeah.... that's not right dude. I'm all for a bit of vigilante justice and everything when it's warranted. But to sit around and discuss how badly you want to torture someone in a fictitious scenario isn't very healthy.

Mastashake
01-28-2010, 12:22 PM
People are afraid to say that, but its the truth. Yes, human have this mystical thing called "potential". Problem is, most jerkoffs you see on the street don't even get in the same hemisphere as their potential and on the extreme other end, can do terrible things for no good reason. Dogs (and pets in general for the most part), on the other hand, are there basically to love and be loved unconditionally. We could learn from that.

And its not like animals are perfect either. In nature, they will try to kill you. But its a natural instinct, not some emotionally-driven BS.

Plus, in a domesticated environment, animals love you and trust you. And when you beat the crap out of them, you're just destroying that.

I'm getting pissed just writing about this...

Swanman
01-28-2010, 12:23 PM
Yeah.... that's not right dude. I'm all for a bit of vigilante justice and everything when it's warranted. But to sit around and discuss how badly you want to torture someone in a fictitious scenario isn't very healthy.

Maybe, but you have to admit that eye for an eye punishment would be a good deterrant. You lock a puppy in a box and drown it, you get locked in a box and thrown in a lake. You torture a small child, said child's parents/loved ones get to torture you. It may not be easily digested in a polite society, but would make some criminals think twice.

Mastashake
01-28-2010, 12:30 PM

I'm not concerned with my health.

How about putting someone through the same mental trauma as the children and animals they beat? How about scarring someone for life? How about confusing the crap out of someone for having the person who is supposed to love you more than anyone on the face of the earth, yet beats you senselessly and you don't even know why?

For an animal, its very stressful to be FORCED to be around someone and beaten like that. They should let them go feral, at least then they stand a chance. For a child...it will F*CK them up forever. Period. Unless there's a way to emotionally scar the abuser for the same duration, the punishment is not severe enough.

Fish
01-28-2010, 12:47 PM
Well that's the problem. Torture, and "eye for an eye" punishment isn't as effective as you make it sound. Torture has been proven time and time again to be quite useless at both deterring future crime, and extracting information. It feels good to say "They deserve exactly what they did to others." But in reality, it's proven ineffective.

Old West vigilante justice didn't solve all of society's problems. It simply made murder more common.

I'm all for a simple bullet to the head in cases like this. But to get your jollies off by exacting what you think is the "Same amount of pain and suffering", is wrong. That makes you no better than those who committed the crimes. If it's decided that they deserve to die, you have to do it quickly and honorably, despite how much suffering you think they deserve. If you can't hold any compassion for those who don't deserve it, you run the risk of turning into just as much of a monster as those you despise.