PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs' Crennel Speaks Highly of UCF's DT Torell Troup

T-post Tom
01-24-2010, 06:52 PM
Kansas City Chiefs defensive tackle Ron Edwards will be 31 years old when the 2010 season starts next September. Every year, he's not supposed to be the starter and somehow he's been there since 2006, surviving not only the regime change but the scheme change as well.

The song remains the same with folks proclaiming the Chiefs need to select a defensive tackle in April's draft.

One player, Torell Troup of UCF, stands 6'3" and weighs 310 pounds, and has caught the eye of Romeo Crennel the last week in the East-West Shrine practices.

"Troup showed that he is a very physical and strong guy on the inside," Crennel said after the game. "He can push the pocket. He’s a good kid. He tries hard and does what you tell him to do. As a coach, that’s exactly what you’re looking for."

Remember, the Chiefs brass has been big on "coach-able" guys and the right fit.

Troup said he showed up to meetings 15-20 minutes early this week and wanted to demonstrate that he had the classroom skills to compete in the NFL.

"I learned [this week] that you have to be accountable," Troup said. "You have to be a certain place and, if you’re not, they’re going to move on without you. Practice was more high tempo than in college."

Hmm...his coach was Romeo Crennel. He plays on the defensive line and Crennel coaches the defensive line - the same defensive line the announcers called "dominant" in yesterday's East-West game.

I know Romeo's not tipping his hand three months before the draft but I believe the Chiefs are interested in a defensive tackle and there aren't many of those guys out there.

Scouts project he could rise as high as the second round or fall as low as the fifth round.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/1/24/1267415/chiefs-crennel-speaks-highly-of

CaliforniaChief
01-24-2010, 06:57 PM
I'm loving my mock draft even more...

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=221560