PDA

View Full Version : Rotoworld's 1st Mock for 2010

The Poz
01-26-2010, 08:56 AM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/features/column.aspx?sport=NFL&columnid=60&articleid=34629&pg=1

"Coming off a week of East-West Shrine practices that produced a number of interesting developments (and a game that didn't), NFL Draft season has kicked into high gear this week in Mobile, Alabama. Senior Bowl weigh-ins took place Monday. Week-long live practices ensue, leading up to Saturday's game. The entire event is being covered daily by NFL Network, with college guru and ex-Rams strong safety Corey Chavous, NFLN draft expert Mike Mayock, and former Iowa quarterback Paul Burmeister handling live, on-site analysis.

Mel Kiper released his first mock draft last Wednesday. With over three months before the real thing, here's ours: "

(The link has full breakdown for each pick)

1. St. Louis Rams - Nebraska DT Ndamukong Suh
2. Detroit Lions - Oklahoma State LT Russell Okung
3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Tennessee S Eric Berry
4. Washington Redskins - Oklahoma QB Sam Bradford
5. Kansas City Chiefs - Oklahoma State WR Dez Bryant
Bryant missed all but three games in 2009 after being suspended by the NCAA for lying about inappropriate interactions with NFL employee Deion Sanders, but the Academic All-Conference pick isn't an airhead. A leaper with incredible body control and hands, Bryant also has a game resembling Andre Johnson's. As a true sophomore for the Cowboys, Bryant was a first-team All American and the Big 12 Special Teams Player of the Year. He caught 87 passes for 1,480 yards and 19 touchdowns, adding 17 punt returns for an average of 17.9 yards per attempt and two more scores. The Chiefs' hire of offensive coordinator Charlie Weis strongly indicates that this offseason will be dedicated to helping Matt Cassel.
6. Seattle Seahawks - Oklahoma DT Gerald McCoy
7. Cleveland Browns - Florida CB Joe Haden
8. Oakland Raiders - Alabama MLB Rolando McClain
9. Buffalo Bills - Iowa OT Bryan Bulaga
10. Jacksonville Jaguars - Georgia Tech DE Derrick Morgan
11. Denver Broncos - Alabama NT Terrence Cody
12. Miami Dolphins - South Florida DE Jason Paul-Pierre
13. San Francisco 49ers - Notre Dame QB Jimmy Clausen
14. Seattle Seahawks - Rutgers LT Anthony Davis
15. New York Giants - USC S Taylor Mays
16. Tennessee Titans - Florida DE Carlos Dunlap
17. San Francisco 49ers - Oklahoma LT Trent Williams
18. Pittsburgh Steelers - Clemson RB C.J. Spiller
19. Atlanta Falcons - Iowa CB Amari Spievey
20. Houston Texans - Georgia Tech RB Jonathan Dwyer
21. Cincinnati Bengals - UCLA DT Brian Price
22. New England Patriots - Texas OLB Sergio Kindle
23. Green Bay Packers - USC LT Charles Brown
24. Philadelphia Eagles - Texas SS Earl Thomas
25. Baltimore Ravens - Georgia Tech WR Demaryius Thomas
26. Arizona Cardinals - Oklahoma TE Jermaine Gresham
27. Dallas Cowboys - Maryland LT Bruce Campbell
28. San Diego Chargers - Tennessee NT Dan Williams
29. New York Jets - Boise State CB Kyle Wilson
30. Minnesota Vikings - Idaho OG Mike Iupati
31. New Orleans Saints - Michigan DE Brandon Graham
32. Indianapolis Colts - Florida MLB Brandon Spikes

Narrowly Missed: USC WR Damian Williams, Clemson OLB Ricky Sapp, LSU OT Ciron Black, TCU DE Jerry Hughes, Penn State LB Navarro Bowman, Florida TE Aaron Hernandez, Illinois WR Arrelious Benn, USC DE Everson Griffen, Notre Dame WR Golden Tate, LSU WR Brandon LaFell, California RB Jahvid Best, Florida State CB Patrick Robinson, Missouri LB Sean Weatherspoon, Penn State DE Jared Odrick, UMass OL Vladimir Ducasse, Arizona TE Rob Gronkowski, Cincinnati WR Mardy Gilyard

Cosmos
01-26-2010, 09:18 AM
A day late....

The Poz
01-26-2010, 09:37 AM
Talking about your "Dez White" thread? If you are I didn't see a mock draft in there.

Quesadilla Joe
01-26-2010, 09:54 AM
If the Broncos take Terrence Cody I will be pissed the fuck off. That fat fuck couldn't survive the altitude.

The Poz
01-26-2010, 10:29 AM
If the Broncos take Terrence Cody I will be pissed the **** off. That fat **** couldn't survive the altitude.

370 pounds at the Senior Bowl. It blows my mind that these idiots can't stay in shape with their careers on the line. Something they've dedicated their entire life to with millions on the line. It's not like he has a day job to keep him from the gym.

ModSocks
01-26-2010, 10:33 AM
If Berry is off the board, i would love to have Bryant. But his choice of Agent is alarming.

BossChief
01-26-2010, 11:04 AM
If Berry is off the board, i would love to have Bryant. But his choice of Agent is alarming.

this

it will be trouble for the team that drafts him to get him signed, could be a Crabtree scenario and not just for his rookie contract...

Chiefnj2
01-26-2010, 11:09 AM
Do people realize Eugene Parker represents Tyson Jackson?

RustShack
01-26-2010, 11:32 AM
this

it will be trouble for the team that drafts him to get him signed, could be a Crabtree scenario and not just for his rookie contract...

You realize the problem last year was that Crabtree was the best WR in the draft and wanted paid like it? That obviously wouldn't be the case if we drafted him #5 overall dumbass.

Mr. Laz
01-26-2010, 11:53 AM
whether you like Bryant or not i could definitely see the Chiefs taking him.

just think back on how many changes the Chiefs made a WR all year long. Haley was frustrated as hell about the WR ... bordering on obsession.

Brock
01-26-2010, 01:50 PM

just think back on how many changes the Chiefs made a WR all year long. Haley was frustrated as hell about the WR ... bordering on obsession.

Would not surprise me.

siberian khatru
01-26-2010, 01:58 PM

I've really had a gut feeling lately that Dez is the pick.

Archie Bunker
01-26-2010, 02:10 PM
I'd rather have McClain if Berry is gone, but at this point Bryant is about the only other guy at 5 I'd be OK with.

BigChiefFan
01-26-2010, 02:29 PM
He's a phenomenal player. I've heard that he's been training hard to prove a point to that's he's taking the NFL transition seriously and wants to be successful for a long time. I really believe he has the talent to become a legit number one receiver in the league and I think this mock is pretty accurate to the way things shake out. I think it's a good move to get our number one receiver and quit messing around with the position.

Saccopoo
01-26-2010, 02:56 PM

Justifiably so might I add. When you lead the league in dropped passes, it's a serious problem. They went through far too many guys that didn't work out and Bowe had the suspension due to use of a banned substance and was in Haley's dog house for the majority of the year.

Bryant is an excellent receiver. He'll have to work on his route running, but his ability to go up for a ball and get it at the apex nearly everytime is almost uncanny. Really good hands and body control.

craneref
01-26-2010, 10:12 PM
I think Freddie Barnes from Bowling Green will be a much better value later in the draft. I have seen him play three times plus the Shrine bowl this year. That dude is flypaper, if the ball touches him it sticks. Plus he has return ability. Charles Returning kicks and Barnes returning punts would be nice.

BigChiefFan
01-26-2010, 10:21 PM
I think Freddie Barnes from Bowling Green will be a much better value later in the draft. I have seen him play three times plus the Shrine bowl this year. That dude is flypaper, if the ball touches him it sticks. Plus he has return ability. Charles Returning kicks and Barnes returning punts would be nice.

That kid is a really good prospect, for a late round pick. That said, picking him shouldn't in anyway keep us from getting a legit number one receiver, if we are so inclined. Barnes has legit talent, but I can't see him becoming a number one receiver in the NFL. He'll make a nice role player, who could excel on special teams, but I'd rather not see us put all our WR woes on a late round pick.

Useful Idiot
01-27-2010, 08:37 AM
I would rather have Okung than Bryant, but I guess if Okung is gone, I'd rather have Gerald McCoy than Bryant.

milkman
01-27-2010, 08:55 AM
I'd rather have McClain if Berry is gone, but at this point Bryant is about the only other guy at 5 I'd be OK with.

You know, I was thinking that I'd rather wait till next year to look at WR in the draft in the first, but upon further consideration, it occurs to me that going WR this year might not be a bad thing since we'll probably be having to look for a QB next year.

milkman
01-27-2010, 08:56 AM
I would rather have Okung than Bryant, but I guess if Okung is gone, I'd rather have Gerald McCoy than Bryant.

I'm fairly certain you got the "Useful" wrong, but am absolutely certain you got the "Idiot" part right.

RustShack
01-27-2010, 11:59 AM

Your an idiot, and your not useful at all.

Useful Idiot
01-27-2010, 04:23 PM
Your an idiot, and your not useful at all.

useful enough to know the difference between your and you're.

however, I am an idiot. can't lie about that.

I know KC won't take McCoy, which is why I didn't say "I think we should take McCoy". I'm just not tickled about Bryant, or any WR who puts up big numbers in a pass happy offense. I'd just rather have McCoy, albeit not very likely or even logical.

BossChief
01-27-2010, 04:37 PM
useful enough to know the difference between your and you're.

however, I am an idiot. can't lie about that.

I know KC won't take McCoy, which is why I didn't say "I think we should take McCoy". I'm just not tickled about Bryant, or any WR who puts up big numbers in a pass happy offense. I'd just rather have McCoy, albeit not very likely or even logical.

:facepalm:

Hootie
01-27-2010, 05:42 PM
I admit, I don't know an awful lot about Dez Bryant but it seems like the gurus are bashing him because he played in a spread...

If he's a better prospect than Crabtree like Mecca says..

He's my 1b to Berry's 1a for the Chiefs.

KCrockaholic
01-27-2010, 08:00 PM
I admit, I don't know an awful lot about Dez Bryant but it seems like the gurus are bashing him because he played in a spread...

If he's a better prospect than Crabtree like Mecca says..

He's my 1b to Berry's 1a for the Chiefs.

He's super talented, but I don't really think he is worth the #5 pick. I mean, I won't croak if we draft him like I would over Okung. But I see a few talented WR's in this draft that can have better upside than Bryant.

milkman
01-27-2010, 08:19 PM
He's super talented, but I don't really think he is worth the #5 pick. I mean, I won't croak if we draft him like I would over Okung. But I see a few talented WR's in this draft that can have better upside than Bryant.

I'm kind of there with you.

I'm not a fan of Bryant, and don't believe he's a top 5 pick, but I could live with either he or McClain if Berry isn't there.

And while I would like to wait until AJ Green comes out next year to take a WR high, at the same time, I feel we will be looking at QB next year, so getting a WR this year might be better in the big picture.

KCrockaholic
01-27-2010, 08:23 PM
I'm kind of there with you.

I'm not a fan of Bryant, and don't believe he's a top 5 pick, but I could live with either he or McClain if Berry isn't there.

And while I would like to wait until AJ Green comes out next year to take a WR high, at the same time, I feel we will be looking at QB next year, so getting a WR this year might be better in the big picture.

I agree. But I would rather us not even have a chance to draft AJ Green. If you know what I mean.

Bowser
01-27-2010, 08:28 PM
The Movin' the Chains guys from Sirius gave the opinion that they haven't seen a WR in Mobile worthy of being in the top 12, much less the top 5. Just throwing that out there (not even sure if Bryant is there....)

RustShack
01-27-2010, 08:30 PM
The Movin' the Chains guys from Sirius gave the opinion that they haven't seen a WR in Mobile worthy of being in the top 12, much less the top 5. Just throwing that out there (not even sure if Bryant is there....)

Only seniors can be in the Senior Bowl.

KCrockaholic
01-27-2010, 08:30 PM

Bryant is not there. He's a Junior. But that doesn't mean that some guys aren't showing up. McCluster has shown up, but he is not a top pick. Cooper is making strides as well. I am just looking forward to the game.

KCrockaholic
01-27-2010, 08:32 PM
Only seniors can be in the Senior Bowl.

Beat me to it.

Bowser
01-27-2010, 08:33 PM
I should have known that. Seems like Dez Bryant has been around longer than just being a junior.

DeezNutz
01-27-2010, 08:47 PM
You know, I was thinking that I'd rather wait till next year to look at WR in the draft in the first, but upon further consideration, it occurs to me that going WR this year might not be a bad thing since we'll probably be having to look for a QB next year.

:grovel:

Cosmos
01-27-2010, 08:48 PM
Talking about your "Dez White" thread? If you are I didn't see a mock draft in there.

Nah, you're fine.. point was, the mock draft coming out the day after I start the thread listing reasons why Dez makes sense at #5.

ChiefsCountry
01-27-2010, 09:22 PM
If Damian Williams falls to round 2 that would be the way go especially over Dez Bryant.
Posted via Mobile Device

aturnis
01-27-2010, 10:24 PM
If Damian Williams falls to round 2 that would be the way go especially over Dez Bryant.
Posted via Mobile Device

What? Neither of those players will be around in round 2.