PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs DJ rumor

googlegoogle
01-26-2010, 05:44 PM
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Biggs-KC-has-interesting-decision-to-make-with-LB-Johnson.html

Hootie
01-26-2010, 05:46 PM
so what's the rumor?

Demonpenz
01-26-2010, 05:48 PM
DJ and Dorsey to the lines for a 2nd 3rd 4th and 5th and 6th in 2011.

OnTheWarpath15
http://ncaabbs.com/images/smilies/03-yawn.gif

bevischief
He can be had for peanuts and a monkey...
Posted via Mobile Device

rockymtnchief
01-26-2010, 05:49 PM
Same old same old.
MOBILE, Ala.—Draft preparations have begun in earnest by all 32 clubs, and now that the season is over for all but two remaining teams, the groundwork for free agency is already being laid.

A watered-down version of free agency. One interesting name that has popped up in circles at the Senior Bowl is Derrick Johnson. There was a buzz during the season that the Kansas City Chiefs would move to trade the former first-round draft but that never happened as he rode the pine all season instead.

Johnson maintained a decent attitude as a starter in the nickel package and came up with some big plays along the way, none bigger than the two interceptions he returned for touchdowns in the Chiefs’ season-ending 44-24 victory over Denver. He’s carried the underachiever label some in the past, but no one expected him to fall that far out of favor.

“He’s the best player they have on my board,” one personnel man said.

What the Chiefs will do with Johnson remains to be seen. He let it be known at the end of the season that he wanted to meet with the front office to discuss his future. If there wasn’t a starting spot moving forward, he’s going to want out. But Johnson, who is out of contract, doesn’t have all the leverage. He’s one of the players that will fall in the trap if there is no extension of the collective bargaining agreement. Kansas City will be able to control his rights as a restricted free agent or perhaps place the franchise or transition tag on him with hopes of moving him in a trade. That probably wouldn’t be a bad situation for him because it would mean he was headed to a team that wanted him. What his value would be in a trade right now, who knows? It’s fair to say the Chiefs didn’t maximize it during the season.

He’s a starting-caliber outside linebacker for a 4-3 defense and there should be a market for him. It just depends what the Chiefs want to do at this point. He could up being a productive player elsewhere who didn't fit a 3-4 scheme, similar to what happened with Jonathan Vilma in moving from the Jets to the Saints.

“It’s too early to see what’s going to go on contract-wise,” Johnson said at the end of the season. “I’m planning to be back here, so I don’t know all that. We still have different stuff that’s going to go on during the offseason, but I’ll plan on being back.

“I love being a Chief,” Johnson continued. “Do I want to play more? Do I want to start? Yeah.”

The Bad Guy
01-26-2010, 06:04 PM
I'd like to see what DJ does with a real coordinator.

BossChief
01-26-2010, 06:08 PM
I think that McClains play next to him and better line play in front of him could wake the sleeping giant DJ was at Texas.

The Franchise
01-26-2010, 06:08 PM
Same old same old.

“He’s the best player they have on my board,” one personnel man said.

They do know that we drafted Tyson Jackson last year.....right?

The Bad Guy
01-26-2010, 06:09 PM
Berry I want, but McClain or Bryant I'd be OK with.

Okung is the MF I want nothing to do with.

kstater
01-26-2010, 06:09 PM

Make a play occasionally and then do nothing for long stretches of time.

The Franchise
01-26-2010, 06:10 PM
Berry I want, but McClain or Bryant I'd be OK with.

Okung is the MF I want nothing to do with.

Berry, Clausen or McClain......in that order.

bevischief
01-26-2010, 06:13 PM
Haley has stated a few times that his best has yet to come out. So what is/was his problem? Besides not having a DC that was not past his prime...
Posted via Mobile Device

bevischief
01-26-2010, 06:14 PM
DJ and Dorsey to the lines for a 2nd 3rd 4th and 5th and 6th in 2011.

Is Dika coaching again...
Posted via Mobile Device

Deberg_1990
01-26-2010, 06:15 PM

Same thing hes done for the past 5 years.

LaChapelle
01-26-2010, 06:15 PM
Good attitude
not scared of Crennel leaning on him

BigMeatballDave
01-26-2010, 07:16 PM
Berry, Clausen or McClain......in that order.NO WAY Pioli drafts a QB that high. It would be an admission that the Cassel trade was a failure.

KCrockaholic
01-26-2010, 07:22 PM
NO WAY Pioli drafts a QB that high. It would be an admission that the Cassel trade was a failure.

Yeah, this. I think Pes just needs to forget about it, because its not gonna happen. I would like to dream of drafting Gerald McCoy and Suh but I also realize that won't happen either.

seaofred
01-26-2010, 07:26 PM
Oh, I thought we were talking about the other DJ rumor...

BigRedChief
01-26-2010, 07:26 PM
WTF is the news? Just some guy on a blog rambling about well known and already reported facts.

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-26-2010, 07:34 PM
WTF is the news? Just some guy on a blog rambling about well known and already reported facts.

Soooo... No inside info ?

HypnotizedMonkey
01-26-2010, 07:40 PM
Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.

Brock
01-26-2010, 07:51 PM

In lieu of the big secret about DJ, I guess it will have to do.

Consistent1
01-26-2010, 07:54 PM
DJ and the 5 to the Titans for CJ, Vince Young and their first four picks in the draft. Then it will be all Wildcat...all the time. Also that Dorsey for Calvin Johnson straight up trade.I think we should get more than that, but hey.We will be such an insane offense by that point that we will literally just sign 11 fools off the street and Crennel will go all Rex Ryan and make them all-pros anyway.
Posted via Mobile Device

the Talking Can
01-26-2010, 08:01 PM
if there is a a stupid asshole who thinks dj is the best player on our roster than make the trade fucking pronto...

Farzin
01-26-2010, 08:01 PM
DJ has never been with a good d-coordinator nor has he played under the same d-coordinator for a couple years. It has to be frustrating for him that his career has consisted of multiple defensive coordinators and linebacker coaches. Hopefully Crennel and DJ will last longer than DJ and Cunningham..

chefsos
01-26-2010, 08:38 PM
It seems, by many posts here, that it's about lousy/too many coordinators with DJ. OK.

So he's now the linebacker version of...Jason Campbell.

chiefzilla1501
01-26-2010, 10:01 PM
DJ has never been with a good d-coordinator nor has he played under the same d-coordinator for a couple years. It has to be frustrating for him that his career has consisted of multiple defensive coordinators and linebacker coaches. Hopefully Crennel and DJ will last longer than DJ and Cunningham..

That's not going to stop him from freelancing.

He's LaVar Arrington. A real talented LB who is just too horribly inconsistent to be relied upon. If he has value, ship him out. His value is moreso in a 4-3 anyway.

mrbiggz
01-27-2010, 11:00 AM
The problem is they are playing him inside when he should be on the outside using his pass rushing skills and covering the tight end. Why they have him on the inside instead of Vrabel at this point in their careers I don't know.

I'm no NFL scout but it's plain to see that we should be using his speed to get after the QB more on a team that had fewer than thirty sacks.

The Franchise
01-27-2010, 11:04 AM
NO WAY Pioli drafts a QB that high. It would be an admission that the Cassel trade was a failure.

Yeah, this. I think Pes just needs to forget about it, because its not gonna happen. I would like to dream of drafting Gerald McCoy and Suh but I also realize that won't happen either.

MF......did I say that Pioli was going to draft him? No...I didn't. I said I'd be happy with any of those picks.

RustShack
01-27-2010, 11:44 AM
The problem is they are playing him inside when he should be on the outside using his pass rushing skills and covering the tight end. Why they have him on the inside instead of Vrabel at this point in their careers I don't know.

I'm no NFL scout but it's plain to see that we should be using his speed to get after the QB more on a team that had fewer than thirty sacks.

Your joking right? Hes a prototypical ILB. He doesn't like contact enough to be an OLB in the 3-4 defense... those are usually small fast DE's in a 4-3 scheme.. if your talking about the 4-3 then yes he would be an OLB. He lined up at the Will in the 4-3 and he lines up at the Will in the 3-4..