PDA

View Full Version : Football Cutler lovers: Explain what is going on in Chicago

The Bad Guy
01-26-2010, 10:37 PM
I've never, ever seen such a complete disaster hiring a coordinator like I've seen in Chicago.

It seems like the Bears can't get anyone to come in there and want to coordinate the offense.

Hue Jackson decides the Raiders are a better fit.
Jeremy Bates goes to Seattle
Rob Chuzidinsky (SP) decides to remain in San Diego as a tight ends coach
Ken Zampese declined and stayed in Cinci as their QB coach
Charlie wanted to come here
Mike Martz lobbied hard, but that's just an awful fit.

Now they are on to talking to the Vikings QB coach. Why? I have no idea. The guy was a puppet for Childress and Bevell, which he would be for Cutler in Chicago.

I know that Lovie's status will get a lot of respondes as to why they are having trouble, but lame-duck coaches are usually still able to hire coordinators.

Is Jay Cutler that much of a problem now that guys would rather remain position coaches?

DaneMcCloud
01-26-2010, 10:41 PM
That's because Lovie is a dead man walking.

But, I've said it for years, Cutler is a born loser. He hasn't had a winning season since high school.

And if you're Jeremy Bates, are you following Lovie Smith or Alex Gibbs and Pete Carroll?

Easy answer.

The Bad Guy
01-26-2010, 10:50 PM
That's because Lovie is a dead man walking.

But, I've said it for years, Cutler is a born loser. He hasn't had a winning season since high school.

And if you're Jeremy Bates, are you following Lovie Smith or Alex Gibbs and Pete Carroll?

Easy answer.

Even if Lovie is a dead man walking, it's an opportunity to showcase yourself.

Tom Coughlin didn't have a hard time getting Spagnulo to come in when he was in the last year of his deal.

I think it has far more to do with Cutler than it does Lovie.

If Hue Jackson would rather join the Raiders and Cable's (who is a dead man walking every off-season) staff then it's a pretty solid indication that people think they can't have a productive offense with Jay Cutler.

I agree about Bates, but he did work with Jay in Denver.

doomy3
01-26-2010, 10:53 PM
Cutler is the reason no one wants to work there. Rotoworld mentioned this a few days ago. Apparently some NFL people have said that.

bevischief
01-26-2010, 11:03 PM
I am sure Herm will take him...

L.A. Chieffan
01-26-2010, 11:06 PM
i'm available
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud
01-26-2010, 11:16 PM
Even if Lovie is a dead man walking, it's an opportunity to showcase yourself.

Tom Coughlin didn't have a hard time getting Spagnulo to come in when he was in the last year of his deal.

I think it has far more to do with Cutler than it does Lovie.

If Hue Jackson would rather join the Raiders and Cable's (who is a dead man walking every off-season) staff then it's a pretty solid indication that people think they can't have a productive offense with Jay Cutler.

I agree about Bates, but he did work with Jay in Denver.

Well, the difference with your first example is that Spags went from position coach to DC on a team loaded with defensive talent. There's also quite a bit of an age and experience difference between Bates and Spags.

Hue Jackson is a guy that probably thinks he's in line for a HC gig. It's crazy out there in the Oakland. James Lofton thought the same thing, which is why he went there. Davis is probably already interviewing Hue Jackson's successor.

As for Bates, you gotta follow the money trail and it's in Seattle, not Chicago. The Chicago gig may only last one year. In Seattle, it'll last at least four. And if they turn it around, he'll be in line for a head coaching job himself.

Only ruin awaits in Chicago.

Mama Hip Rockets
01-28-2010, 08:44 PM
Man, I think the Bears have had worse luck with QBs than the Chiefs have.

Bane
01-28-2010, 08:46 PM
Cutler is the reason no one wants to work there. Rotoworld mentioned this a few days ago. Apparently some NFL people have said that.

What is it,5 guys already turned the OC job down?

salame
01-29-2010, 02:55 AM
They don;t want to move to chicago only to move again at the end of the season when lovie and the staff are all fired

Chris Meck
01-29-2010, 02:58 AM
but....but Dane, ....Cutler was a sure fire 1st round QB draft choice! a Franchise QB! Surely we should've drafted him!

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-29-2010, 04:55 AM
but....but Dane, ....Cutler was a sure fire 1st round QB draft choice! a Franchise QB! Surely we should've drafted him!

But...but...40 years without a Super Bowl, you ignorant fucking cunt.

rad
01-29-2010, 06:43 AM
Is it Cutler himself, or the fact that the organization has included Cutlers input in the decision making process? I'm sure nobody wants to work where the QB will have more "juice" than him, especially a perennial loser.

kstater
01-29-2010, 06:53 AM

Dumbass. There's no such thing as a sure fire draft choice.

Mile High Mania
01-29-2010, 06:57 AM
Here's the deal with Cutler... err, umm. Wait a second, I don't have to defend him any longer... ok, proceed.

Pushead2
01-29-2010, 07:24 AM
Problem with the Bears is that Lovie is in hot water plus the GM MUST go. They have problems with Cutler as well. As Dane said nobody wants to be in hot water, especially before the next season even starts

HemiEd
01-29-2010, 07:26 AM
Man, I think the Bears have had worse luck with QBs than the Chiefs have.

They also, arguably have the worst, and cheapest ownership in the NFL. The NFL, is their source of income.

The Bad Guy
01-29-2010, 07:33 AM
I don't think Lovie's situation has much to do with it really. These coordinators are turning down obvious promotions where they can showcase their skills. Lots of lame duck coaches get one-year coordinators.

the Talking Can
01-29-2010, 07:37 AM
turns out the rumors of Cutler being an alcoholic douche bag loser were true...

TRR
01-29-2010, 10:45 AM
Too many Chiefs and not enough Indians...

They can't find a Defensive Coordinator either.

As has been said, the easy answer is that candidates for the job don't believe Lovie has enough to turn it around, leading to a one and done job.

The bottom line is that Jerry Angelo declined Lovie's request to hire Mike Martz as O Coordinator....once that happens, where do you go from there?
Posted via Mobile Device

DJ's left nut
01-29-2010, 11:11 AM
Their GM can't draft offensive talent.

Look at their recent draft history; that offense is a wasteland.

I'm a little surprised that TE coaches aren't jumping at the chance (let's face it, there are only so many NFL O-coordinator jobs around, the numbers say you're likely not going to get another stab at one), but there are certainly a lot of question marks with that gig.