PDA

View Full Version : Football Vikings to go after Mcnabb if Favre walks

Sure-Oz
01-27-2010, 11:21 AM
Report: Vikes to pursue McNabb if Favre walks

McNabb
According to ESPN's John Clayton, the Vikings will "make a play" for Donovan McNabb if Brett Favre retires.
The connection is obvious because Vikings head coach Brad Childress is McNabb's former offensive coordinator in Philadelphia. Clayton suggests that the Vikings could offer up a second-round pick, but the Eagles may hold out a first-rounder. McNabb, 33, is entering the final year of his contract, but his presence would ensure that Minnesota remained Super Bowl contenders. Jan. 27 - 10:26 am et
Source: ESPN.com

RealSNR
01-27-2010, 11:22 AM
They should just go after McNabb regardless. Fuck Favre.

Bane
01-27-2010, 11:22 AM
:hmmm: This could get ugly.

The Franchise
01-27-2010, 11:23 AM

This.

Crush
01-27-2010, 11:27 AM
We'll know in late August if they make the trade or not.

Bane
01-27-2010, 11:27 AM
We'll know in late August if they make the trade or not.

ROFL

Bugeater
01-27-2010, 11:28 AM
They should just go after McNabb regardless. **** Favre.
Yep, spare themselves of Favre's offseason song and dance routine.

Bane
01-27-2010, 11:29 AM

Was Favre's contract a 2 year deal,or a 1 year with the option for the 2nd?

JD10367
01-27-2010, 11:31 AM
Out goes BrINT, in comes McPukey.

I guess it's not a horrible option. McNabb's done some good things. But he's no spring chicken, and he's never been able to get over the hump, so to speak. Not sure there's a lot there that they can't find cheaper, elsewhere, with another QB.

Mr_Tomahawk
01-27-2010, 11:32 AM
Thank god I am moving back to KC in a few months.

Fans up here are delusional and I don't think I could take it another season...

CaliforniaChief
01-27-2010, 11:35 AM

It was a 2 year deal, I believe.

They should have a training camp battle between McNabb and Favre and call it 2000 v2.0.

milkman
01-27-2010, 11:36 AM

Favre is signed through next season.

As far as the potentiallity of going after McNabb, this Viking team looks like it could be a more talented version of the 90s Chiefs.

Bane
01-27-2010, 11:36 AM
It was a 2 year deal, I believe.

They should have a training camp battle between McNabb and Favre and call it 2000 v2.0.

Ahh.Maybe it was Vick's contract in Philly I was thinking of.

TRR
01-27-2010, 11:37 AM
This will never happen.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bane
01-27-2010, 11:39 AM
Favre is signed through next season.

As far as the potentiallity of going after McNabb, this Viking team looks like it could be a more talented version of the 90s Chiefs.

Even though I'm no Favreite,just seems to me that they will have a hard time finding someone that has a better year than Favre did.I'm sick of all of his back and forth crap,but he had one hell of a season.

JD10367
01-27-2010, 11:49 AM
Even though I'm no Favreite,just seems to me that they will have a hard time finding someone that has a better year than Favre did.I'm sick of all of his back and forth crap,but he had one hell of a season right up until he f**ked Minnesota and all their fans by throwing a typical postseason Favrian horrible INT that even a rookie wouldn't throw which singlehandedly cost the Vikings a Super Bowl berth that they would've had if Favre had only run for a few yards and then let the FG kicker win the game.

Fixed for accuracy.

Mile High Mania
01-27-2010, 11:56 AM
Who knew you could target a 33 year old QB and say you were getting 7 years younger at the position...

JD10367
01-27-2010, 11:58 AM
Who knew you could target a 33 year old QB and say you were getting 7 years younger at the position...

Well, they approached Marino and Bradshaw, but they didn't want to give up their TV gigs. LMAO

Bane
01-27-2010, 11:59 AM
Fixed for accuracy.

Well played sir.ROFL

Pushead2
01-27-2010, 12:18 PM
Vikings just love not solving the long term issue here...

Mama Hip Rockets
01-27-2010, 12:21 PM

Totally agree. If Favre leaves them hanging and they get stuck with Tarvaris Jackson, they're back to a .500 team.

HolyHandgernade
01-27-2010, 12:33 PM
Reminds me of the 90s when the Chiefs had all the parts except a QB, got Montana, got to the championship game, and then went on the perpetual veteran QB search to pair with their outstanding defense.

RealSNR
01-27-2010, 12:41 PM
Reminds me of the 90s when the Chiefs had all the parts except a QB, got Montana, got to the championship game, and then went on the perpetual veteran QB search to pair with their outstanding defense.McNabb > Elvis Grbac.

Unfortunately for us :cuss:

RealSNR
01-27-2010, 12:44 PM
One thing Favre does do is he makes careers out of the players surrounding him. I remember the 2007 season when they didn't have Ahman Green or any of their decent starting receivers from prior years. They had Donald Drivers, and some rookie scrub weeds named Greg Jennings, James Jones, and a TE in Donald Lee.

Favre took those guys and made them play their balls off. It appears he's done the same thing in Minnesota with Shiancoe, Rice, and Harvin.

Whoever steps into that starting QB spot will find the place has been cleaned up and is looking better than before Favre stepped in.

That being said, they should still tell Favre that if he's not going to commit now, they're going to go after McNabb or put in a QB who WILL commit.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-27-2010, 12:52 PM
I hope Favre plays next year just so I can see him regress to the mean and walk off after another 20 pick season.

milkman
01-27-2010, 01:04 PM
McNabb > Elvis Grbac.

I think there was about a 4-5 year window that McNabb was one of the best QBs in the league, but over the last 3-4 years he has become inconsistent and unreliable.

Not a guy I believe can lead a team to the SB.

OnTheWarpath15
01-27-2010, 01:14 PM
The Vikings really want to keep coming up short, don't they?

Otter
01-27-2010, 03:04 PM
Vikings = 90's Chiefs

DaWolf
01-27-2010, 03:12 PM
I hope Favre plays next year just so I can see him regress to the mean and walk off after another 20 pick season.

I'm thinking the same thing...

alpha_omega
01-27-2010, 04:10 PM

Well said...especially the F*** #4 part.

Ralphy Boy
01-27-2010, 04:51 PM
Out goes BrINT, in comes McPukey.

Funny Fail

Halfcan
01-27-2010, 05:11 PM
Even though I'm no Favreite,just seems to me that they will have a hard time finding someone that has a better year than Favre did.I'm sick of all of his back and forth crap,but he had one hell of a season.

:clap:

Bugeater
01-27-2010, 05:52 PM
Vikings just love not solving the long term issue here...
They're not worried about long term issues at the moment, that team is in 'win now' mode.

kstater
01-27-2010, 05:54 PM
Who would QB the Eagles? Vick?

Mecca
01-27-2010, 05:55 PM
Who would QB the Eagles? Vick?

Kolb, they're looking to move Vick too.

Valiant
01-27-2010, 06:13 PM
Personally I think they have their starter on their roster in Tavaris.. Hell they would probably be in the superbowl right now if they started him this past season.. Mainly because they would have been a more run oriented team..

The Franchise
01-27-2010, 06:21 PM
Can you hear that? That's Sage Rosefels sighing quietly in the corner.

Crush
01-27-2010, 06:34 PM
They're not worried about long term issues at the moment, that team is in 'win now' mode.

They will continue FAIL in their quest as long as Childress is still the coach.

milkman
01-27-2010, 06:38 PM

As we saw with the Chiefs, not worrying about long term issues at QB while in win now mode leads to long term issues at QB, while winning now may not actually be the end result of win now mode.

Gadzooks
01-27-2010, 06:43 PM
As we saw with the Chiefs, not worrying about long term issues at QB while in win now mode leads to long term issues at QB, while winning now may not actually be the end result of win now mode.

Drafting high pick QB duds for the future also leads to long term issues.
You can't fuckin' win.:shake:

milkman
01-27-2010, 06:47 PM
Drafting high pick QB duds for the future also leads to long term issues.
You can't ****in' win.:shake:

Not ever taking a chance at drafting a QB high leads to long term issues that last a hell of a lot longer than drafting duds.

The Chargers have already overcome the Leaf debacle and the Ravens appear to already have overcome Kyle Boller.
In the meantime, the Chiefs haven't had a longterm answer at QB since Lenny Dawson retired.

Gadzooks
01-27-2010, 06:58 PM
The Chargers have already overcome the Leaf debacle.

ROFL
It's been 12 years!!! alot of those years were very lean.
Cassell was a educated risk made by your GM. I wouldn't throw the towel in on him this quickly.
I think AJ Smith is a great GM with his "build for the future at all costs" approach but there are times where I wish he would make a big "win now" move. (then I wouldn't have this avatar)

DeezNutz
01-27-2010, 07:02 PM
ROFL
It's been 12 years!!! alot of those years were very lean.
Cassell was a educated risk made by your GM. I wouldn't throw the towel in on him this quickly.
I think AJ Smith is a great GM with his "build for the future at all costs" approach but there are times where I wish he would make a big "win now" move. (then I wouldn't have this avatar)

Like 4-12 bad? Or 2-14 bad?

And then getting a franchise guy in Rivers (after having Brees)?

Yeah, I like the Chiefs approach much better. Um...But at least we have our franchise QB. Oh...well...fuck.

milkman
01-27-2010, 07:04 PM

Yeah, I like the Chiefs approach much better. Um...But at least we have our franchise QB. Oh...well...****.

Ooh....Ooh, 12 years.

Where's the tiny violin?

Gadzooks
01-27-2010, 07:10 PM

Yeah, I like the Chiefs approach much better. Um...But at least we have our franchise QB. Oh...well...****.

1-15 bad.

Brees sucked until we drafted Rivers (Flutie vs. Brees was a legit competition).

The Chargers passed on Vick with the first pick because they were gun shy after the Leaf debacle (a bit of good luck for a change, I guess).

Then you've got the whole "Brady was a 7th rounder" agrument...

milkman
01-27-2010, 07:13 PM
1-15 bad.

Brees sucked until we drafted Rivers (Flutie vs. Brees was a legit competition).

The Chargers passed on Vick with the first pick because they were gun shy after the Leaf debacle (a bit of good luck for a change, I guess).

Brees was going into his third season whe the Chargers drafted Rivers, about the time when most young QBs just start to get it.

The Chargers decided to give up on him just a little too quickly.

ChiefsCountry
01-27-2010, 07:20 PM
Chargers had/have the wrong fucking coaches that is why they never got over the hump. The Leaf bullshit excuse should have lasted until the 2001 season.

Easy 6
01-27-2010, 07:40 PM
Yep, spare themselves of Favre's offseason song and dance routine.

From what i've seen & read, i'd bet he finally understands how sick of it everyone is & doesnt drag it out.

He'll be back IMO, no QB would want that pick to be their final play in the NFL... he'd have to stew on it the rest of his life.

DeezNutz
01-27-2010, 08:15 PM
1-15 bad.

Yes, I know.

I gave you KC's records for a reason.

The Chiefs won't win shit until they develop their own franchise QB.

Gadzooks
01-27-2010, 09:35 PM
Yes, I know.

I gave you KC's records for a reason.

The Chiefs won't win shit until they develop their own franchise QB.

I don't think you guys are far off from a winning season. A system QB in the right surroundings will do wonders. It's just a matter of the FO getting the pieces together before all hope is lost on Cassell.
Charles & Bowe are all he's had to start with. (Chambers was a temporary stop gap to a true WR2).

Hammock Parties
01-27-2010, 10:03 PM
There are a lot of white people in Minnesota.

Bugeater
01-28-2010, 12:15 AM
There are a lot of white people in Minnesota.
Until you get into Minneapolis.

HolyHandgernade
01-28-2010, 12:53 AM
McNabb > Elvis Grbac.

Actually, if memory serves, we went to Dave Kreig next, didn't we?

Hammock Parties
01-28-2010, 12:59 AM
Actually, if memory serves, we went to Dave Kreig next, didn't we?

No.

DeBerg - Krieg - Montana - Bono - Grbac

Hammock Parties
01-28-2010, 01:00 AM

His judgment cometh, and that right soon...

veist
01-28-2010, 02:32 AM
They will continue FAIL in their quest as long as Childress is still the coach.

This, Chilly is a terrible coach who seems hellbent on overtaking Andy Reid and Art Shell in worst clock management all time.

Mama Hip Rockets
01-28-2010, 08:35 PM
This, Chilly is a terrible coach who seems hellbent on overtaking Andy Reid and Art Shell in worst clock management all time.

What about Herm?