PDA

View Full Version : Football Looks like Warner is done

Mr. Laz
01-27-2010, 04:57 PM
i just don't see him calling a press conference to say he's staying.

Wednesday, January 27, 2010, 1:22pm MST | Modified: Wednesday, January 27, 2010, 3:17pm
Kurt Warner calls press conference Friday

Phoenix Business Journal - by Mike Sunnucks (http://www.bizjournals.com/search/results.html?Ntt=%22Mike%20Sunnucks%22&Ntk=All&Ntx=mode%20matchallpartial)

<!-- begin story media --> http://assets.bizjournals.com/story_image/666591-120-0-2.jpg (http://assets.bizjournals.com/story_image/666591-0-0-2.jpg)

<!-- end story media --> <!-- Related Articles Box --> Arizona Cardinals (http://phoenix.bizjournals.com/phoenix/related_content.html?topic=Arizona%20Cardinals) quarterback Kurt Warner could announce his retirement Friday — a move that could impact the team’s brand and season ticket sales.

Media reports, initially from ESPN, say Warner will hold a press conference at the Cardinals Tempe headquarters Friday to talk about whether he is coming back for another year.

This afternoon the Chicago Tribune reported that Warner will announcement his retirement from the Cards. The move leaves the Cards with an uncertain future on the field.

The Cardinals did not respond to request for comment, but a blog on the team’s Web site mentions stories about the Warner press conference and also talks about backup Matt Leinart taking over should Warner call it quits.

The 38-year-old quarterback contemplated retirement after last season’s Super Bowl run, but opted to come back without holding a press conference. Warner suffered a concussion this season and missed some games. He is credited with turning around the Cardinals on the field leading the historically lagging team to two straight playoff appearances.

Sports marketing experts say a Warner retirement and how the Cards handle other personnel decisions could impact ticket sales next season. Warner won National Football League and Super Bowl MVP awards with the St. Louis Rams.

<!-- end storycontent -->

Stewie
01-27-2010, 05:00 PM
From grocery sacker to MVP, the guy overcame the odds.

Deberg_1990
01-27-2010, 05:02 PM
First ballot HoF'er.

So long Kurt...

dirk digler
01-27-2010, 05:02 PM
He is a lock for the HOF and I wish him well if he does retire. I just hope he stays gone unlike other unnamed people.

BossChief
01-27-2010, 05:04 PM
Well done on playing the ultimate underdog Kurt!!!

Bowser
01-27-2010, 05:05 PM
Good guy. He lived a dream anyone of us would give our left arm for. Hope he is a first ballot HOF'er.

Reerun_KC
01-27-2010, 05:11 PM
Great ambassador to the game and to others out there with dreams!

May your retirement be peaceful.

mikey23545
01-27-2010, 05:13 PM
From grocery sacker to MVP, the guy overcame the odds.

This X1000

First ballot HoF'er.

So long Kurt...

This X 1000

He is a lock for the HOF and I wish him well if he does retire. I just hope he stays gone unlike other unnamed people.

This X1000

Well done on playing the ultimate underdog Kurt!!!

This X 1000

Good guy. He lived a dream anyone of us would give our left arm for. Hope he is a first ballot HOF'er.

All These X 1000

Halfcan
01-27-2010, 05:19 PM
I am sure he will probably retire-but you never know-lol

vailpass
01-27-2010, 05:24 PM
Way to represent the town of Cedar Rapids, Regis High School & University of Northern Iowa Kurt. I still remember sitting in the back room of Paddy O'Rourkes with members of your family and a whole room of people all dressed in Rams' gear, watching you tear it up with the Greatest Show on Turf. The guy who blared the airhorn after every one of your TD passes was a little annoying but other than that those were great Sundays.

You were class all the way. Every time they point to what is wrong with pro athletes today they should point to you to show what is right with them.

Buck
01-27-2010, 05:30 PM
HOFer for sure. 1st ballot, he should be anyways.

Matt Leinart finally gonna get his chance.

Bane
01-27-2010, 05:32 PM
Great career,and a class act.Hope he enjoys retirement.

Scorp
01-27-2010, 05:38 PM

Get his chance???? What??? He has had his chance to take the job away from the old man multiple times and has failed miserably. I don't see Leinart ever amounting to anything than a career backup.

vailpass
01-27-2010, 05:42 PM

According to local talk radio the Cards are looking at all available free agent QBs in case of Kurt's retirement. Talk is that with Leinhart at the helm the Cards O would have to go from high-powered aerial attack to methodic ground game.
Coach Whiz is ok with the run attack but they want to use the stud WR corp they have for as long as they can; according to the radio guys.

Gonzo
01-27-2010, 05:43 PM
I used to dislike him when he was with the Rams, but he ended up being a good guy. I hope he stays in the league in some capacity.
Posted via Mobile Device

pkane
01-27-2010, 05:55 PM
They are screwed now with Leinhart at QB. I could see them try and bring in another veteran to compete for the job. At least they showed this year they can count on their run game. I just wonder how it will do next year when defenses are looking more for the run instead of their pass.

Renegade
01-27-2010, 06:03 PM
I think he is going to carry Teabow's stuff around for him

Ralphy Boy
01-27-2010, 06:18 PM

Except if we actually did give our left arm, while we'd still be able to throw right-handed, we'd probably keep falling down and have a real hard time taking snaps from the center.:D

Leinart started 11 games his rookie year, he had his chance and wasn't ready and finished with a 53% completion % and a 74 QB rating. The following season he got worse. This season he got the 1 start and looked better.

Iowanian
01-27-2010, 06:21 PM
He's had a great career as an underdog, and been a gentleman and positive role model doing it.

LaChapelle
01-27-2010, 06:39 PM
The thumb transplant was a major success

Demonpenz
01-27-2010, 07:50 PM
brenda warner from ummm not so good to good nice job

Easy 6
01-27-2010, 08:04 PM
Those that think Teabow wearing his faith on his sleeve will hurt him in the public arena, should remember this guy... if Tim walks the walk & becomes any kind of player he'll be beloved by many, many people... just like Kurt.

I really hope Kurt stays, he can obviously still play & he's a great ambassador for the NFL.