Titty Meat
01-29-2010, 09:47 PM
http://nebraska.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1045650

I don't like it.

DaneMcCloud
01-29-2010, 10:21 PM

I don't like it.

Two great coaches, two great programs ready to mark their mark nationally.

What's not to like?

Plus, it's Thursday night, nationwide exposure.

I'm stoked!

Psyko Tek
01-29-2010, 10:22 PM

I don't like it.

pray tell
why don't you like it?

Titty Meat
01-29-2010, 11:49 PM
Two great coaches, two great programs ready to mark their mark nationally.

What's not to like?

Plus, it's Thursday night, nationwide exposure.

I'm stoked!

K-state will be better next year and the game is Manhattan this has upset written all over it.

WildTurkey
01-29-2010, 11:55 PM
K-state will be better next year and the game is Manhattan this has upset written all over it.

better hope not...they will probably make a DVD in honor of it

Bugeater
01-30-2010, 12:38 AM
It also cuts into the prep time for Texas, we were going to have two full weeks before they did this. I'm having a hard time understanding why NU would agree to this, it doesn't benefit them in any way at all.

Sam Hall
01-30-2010, 02:41 PM
I'm all for it. NU will still have enough time to prepare for Texas. We're not all the way back yet and more national attention won't hurt.

Bowser
01-30-2010, 02:49 PM
It also cuts into the prep time for Texas, we were going to have two full weeks before they did this. I'm having a hard time understanding why NU would agree to this, it doesn't benefit them in any way at all.

Money

Reaper16
01-30-2010, 02:53 PM
Was NU's rain-and-ankle-aided victory over Mizzou last season on a Wed. or Thursday?

Sam Hall
01-30-2010, 03:10 PM
Was NU's rain-and-ankle-aided victory over Mizzou last season on a Wed. or Thursday?

How did the rain give NU an advantage?

Reaper16
01-30-2010, 03:22 PM
How did the rain give NU an advantage?
It is more difficult to run a heavy pass offense in the rain. Rain games are skewed even more towards line play, and, well, NU had Awesomekong Suh.

I do think that MU would have won that game if it weren't raining (if only because NU's defense hadn't quite geled yet to the degree that it had later in the season). But I wasn't trying to get into a debate about it; I was just staing factual things.

Bugeater
01-30-2010, 03:23 PM
Money
I'm not sure it's a significant difference, the game likely would be televised anyway and that money is split up amongst the conference.

Thurs.

Reaper16
01-30-2010, 03:26 PM
Thurs.
Well, then Nebraska already has some good Thursday night mojo going. Nothin' to worry about.

mikeyis4dcats.
01-30-2010, 03:30 PM
It is more difficult to run a heavy pass offense in the rain. Rain games are skewed even more towards line play, and, well, NU had Awesomekong Suh.

I do think that MU would have won that game if it weren't raining (if only because NU's defense hadn't quite geled yet to the degree that it had later in the season). But I wasn't trying to get into a debate about it; I was just staing factual things.

MU had that game won until thy summarily collapsed.

Bugeater
01-30-2010, 03:43 PM
Well, then Nebraska already has some good Thursday night mojo going. Nothin' to worry about.
NU has never lost a Thursday night game.

Sam Hall
01-30-2010, 03:44 PM
The better team won that game. Both teams had to play in the rain. Nebraska's offense would've also done better if not for the rain. The wheels hadn't yet fallen off like they did later. It comes down to defense, and that's where Mizzou has a big problem.

Molitoth
01-30-2010, 06:00 PM
Winning at KSU will make them a better team.

ChiefsCountry
01-30-2010, 07:03 PM
Suh hurting Gabbert's ankle was why Nebraska won, not to mention Gary Pinkel shitting himself in a big game that doens't involve Kansas.