PDA

View Full Version : Life So I got this Traffic Ticket

Pages : [1] 2

BIG_DADDY
01-30-2010, 05:32 PM
Thursday night I pick up some food for dinner which is right down the street. I am just sitting at this traffic light, almost back at the pad when a CHP rolls up which I would notice 99.99% of the time but I was distrated by my food not wanting it to spill. He puts his flashlight through the window in my truck and in my face trying to see if my seatbelt was fastened. It wasn't because I had just pulled out. He then proceeds to pull me over. I knew this guy was going to be a snot nosed little bitch because of how he did this and the fact that he was probably all of 21 years old with his hair properly high lighted and all teased up. I decided I would approach this differently than I usually would. I usually would ask him why he pulled me over and hand him my DL, registration and insurance. I never talk to cops. If they try to talk to me I just tell them with all due respect sir I have no interest in talking to you. I decided to give up my right to STFU this time and see just how much this guy would push me around. I gotta say it was a real eye opener. These are just some of the questions he asked me. What am I doing? Where am I going? Why am I not wearing my seatbelt? What is my residency? Have I ever been arrested before? What for? Am I on drugs? Have I been drinking this evening? WTF? Because this was just an experiment I just nicely answered all of his questions. He goes back to his car and what seemed like an eternity later finally came back. He turned around everything that I had said about my residency in order to try and catch me in a lie. I corrected him. Of course I still get a ticket FINALLY and get told to drive safely. Mind you this whole process probably took 30 minutes. The very next night at approximately the same time this punk ass officer is in front of me at the same light. (CHP office is right around the corner) His light turns green but instead of driving he just sits there at the green light playing with his little computer between the seats. All this said and done all I have to say is NEVER, EVER talk to one of these POS. I don't feel like a citizen being protected by our police force I feel like prey with cops just lying in wait ready to pounce and extort. Sure love this Cali budget crisis. ROFL Needless to say I won't be making a contribution this year to the police force. I can hardly wait till they call.

munkey
01-30-2010, 05:38 PM
Dude...You need to come back to Oregon...Not that's it's much better BUT it's NOT cali..

Mr. Flopnuts
01-30-2010, 05:40 PM
The worst cops are the punk kids. I'd love to see us put a minimum age for law enforcement at 25.

BIG_DADDY
01-30-2010, 05:45 PM
Dude...You need to come back to Oregon...Not that's it's much better BUT it's NOT cali..

Meford cops are horrible. Everyone else there is much better. The Highway Patrol is all about extortion though, at least in those two states. I did move my family back and am up there pretty often. With the exception of CHP and a couple small communities the cops here are much better than in Oregon especially Medford.

KC Dan
01-30-2010, 05:46 PM
Dude...You need to come back to Oregon...Not that's it's much better BUT it's NOT cali..Screw Oregon, come across the border to Washington. The idiots in Oregon have an income tax and voted to raise taxes on themselves last week. idiots

kstater
01-30-2010, 05:47 PM
Is not wearing a seatbelt a primary offense in CA?

BIG_DADDY
01-30-2010, 05:48 PM
The worst cops are the punk kids. I'd love to see us put a minimum age for law enforcement at 25.

Nothing worse than a punk ass kid with a badge and a gun.

You know it's funny when you do know your rights and use them. It kind of takes them by surprise. They try and trick you into talking to them then. My favorite is when their response is to puff all up, raise their voice and say "you know I have the right to ask you as many questions as I want"

BIG_DADDY
01-30-2010, 05:50 PM
Screw Oregon, come across the border to Washington. The idiots in Oregon have an income tax and voted to raise taxes on themselves last week. idiots

Most of the idiots are in Portland and Eugene. Washington is beautiful country but it rains WAY too much up there for me.

ChiefaRoo
01-30-2010, 05:50 PM
Thursday night I pick up some food for dinner which is right down the street. I am just sitting at this traffic light, almost back at the pad when a CHP rolls up which I would notice 99.99% of the time but I was distrated by my food not wanting it to spill. He puts his flashlight through the window in my truck and in my face trying to see if my seatbelt was fastened. It wasn't because I had just pulled out. He then proceeds to pull me over. I knew this guy was going to be a snot nosed little bitch because of how he did this and the fact that he was probably all of 21 years old with his hair properly high lighted and all teased up. I decided I would approach this differently than I usually would. I usually would ask him why he pulled me over and hand him my DL, registration and insurance. I never talk to cops. If they try to talk to me I just tell them with all due respect sir I have no interest in talking to you. I decided to give up my right to STFU this time and see just how much this guy would push me around. I gotta say it was a real eye opener. These are just some of the questions he asked me. What am I doing? Where am I going? Why am I not wearing my seatbelt? What is my residency? Have I ever been arrested before? What for? Am I on drugs? Have I been drinking this evening? WTF? Because this was just an experiment I just nicely answered all of his questions. He goes back to his car and what seemed like an eternity later finally came back. He turned around everything that I had said about my residency in order to try and catch me in a lie. I corrected him. Of course I still get a ticket FINALLY and get told to drive safely. Mind you this whole process probably took 30 minutes. The very next night at approximately the same time this punk ass officer is in front of me at the same light. (CHP office is right around the corner) His light turns green but instead of driving he just sits there at the green light playing with his little computer between the seats. All this said and done all I have to say is NEVER, EVER talk to one of these POS. I don't feel like a citizen being protected by our police force I feel like prey with cops just lying in wait ready to pounce and extort. Sure love this Cali budget crisis. ROFL Needless to say I won't be making a contribution this year to the police force. I can hardly wait till they call.

You should go to Napa and get wasted wine tasting. Just grab the Ferry and go.

KC Dan
01-30-2010, 05:51 PM
Most of the idiots are in Portland and Eugene. Washington is beautiful country but it rains WAY too much up there for me.That's why God gives up umbrellas and hats.

BIG_DADDY
01-30-2010, 05:52 PM
Is not wearing a seatbelt a primary offense in CA?

What do you mean primary. It's not a moving violation if that's what you mean. It doesn't effect my insurance. Last tiem i checked it was only $50 but that was years ago. They add another $50+ in taxes, court costs, filing fees and all kinds of other horse shit.

kstater
01-30-2010, 05:53 PM
What do you mean primary. It's not a moving violation if that's what you mean. It doesn't effect my insurance. Last tiem i checked it was only $50 but that was years ago. They add another $50+ in taxes, court costs, filing fees and all kinds of other horse shit.

By primary, I mean he can pull you over for not wearing a seat belt. Secondary means he couldn't, but could issue a ticket if observed after pulling over for another offense.

BIG_DADDY
01-30-2010, 05:54 PM
That's why God gives up umbrellas and hats.

My family is all in Medford and there are health issues with the P's especailly my mom at this point. We aren't going anywhere. I love the rouge river area out there. It's still so small that I would imaging you don't have to deal with this kind of shit.

Rain Man
01-30-2010, 05:54 PM
You should've stuffed a french fry in your mouth and made a big show out of swallowing and then said, "You've got nothing on me now, copper."

BIG_DADDY
01-30-2010, 05:55 PM
By primary, I mean he can pull you over for not wearing a seat belt. Secondary means he couldn't, but could issue a ticket if observed after pulling over for another offense.

Oh yea. Cops have used the seat belt delio to harrass the fuck out of innocent citizens BIG TIME ever since the law came out.

BIG_DADDY
01-30-2010, 05:56 PM
You should've stuffed a french fry in your mouth and made a big show out of swallowing and then said, "You've got nothing on me now, copper."

ROFL That's funny. I learned to quit being a smart ass a long time ago. That's what your youth is for. Remember Florida?

ChiefaRoo
01-30-2010, 06:01 PM
When I lived in KS I had to go to Walgreens in the middle of the night (2am) because I had a cold. I hopped in my car, went to the first one and they were out of what I needed. The guy tells me to go to a sister store a couple miles away. I head out and all of a sudden it's rollers in my rearview. I pull over. The cop tells me my license plate light is out. I'm like, I have a license plate light on this car??? He flashlights the inside, asks me why I'm out, I tell him. He gives me a ticket that says if I get the light fixed and show a cop they'll sign it and I don't have to pay. I leave.

The next day I look at my 'license plate' light and it's on. Not only that but he pulled me over from an angle so there's no way he could of seen the light.

A couple days later I saw a cop wearing Lt. bars and hanging out at a Street Festival by my place. I pull up and ask him to help me out. He listens, asks me for the ticket, signs it, writes some coded numbers on it and says just drop in a mailbox and your good.

I said, "The light wasn't out" to begin with. He smiles and says have a good day.

kstater
01-30-2010, 06:01 PM
Oh yea. Cops have used the seat belt delio to harrass the fuck out of innocent citizens BIG TIME ever since the law came out.

So your rant is over a cop doing his job?

Bugeater
01-30-2010, 06:02 PM
Seeing what your attitude towards police officers is, I'm glad he gave you the ticket.

RNR
01-30-2010, 06:09 PM
I went to high school with a guy who was a total tool. He was a senior and I was a sophomore. He always talked shit to me and was a good 6 inches taller than me. After about a month of this we were in the weight room and he starts in on me so I tell him to fuck off. He comes up and pushes me (I have never understood pushing someone you fight or you don't) so I did what I had trained to do and lit him up. He was humiliated and roughed up lol. He walked a wide circle around me the rest of that year. He became a cop and was a total asshole. Sadly it is this type of guy who ends up wearing a badge most of the time~

BIG_DADDY
01-30-2010, 06:13 PM
So your rant is over a cop doing his job?

My rant was over questioning me like I had been wreckless driving and he saw powder around my nose and smelled alchohol on my breath when he pulled me over. I thought that was pretty spelled out, silly me.

BIG_DADDY
01-30-2010, 06:23 PM
I went to high school with a guy who was a total tool. He was a senior and I was a sophomore. He always talked shit to me and was a good 6 inches taller than me. After about a month of this we were in the weight room and he starts in on me so I tell him to **** off. He comes up and pushes me (I have never understood pushing someone you fight or you don't) so I did what I had trained to do and lit him up. He was humiliated and roughed up lol. He walked a wide circle around me the rest of that year. He became a cop and was a total asshole. Sadly it is this type of guy who ends up wearing a badge most of the time~

So true. There are really great cops out there and there sure are plenty of this type. In school we had a big fat kid that loved picking on guys way smaller than him. I really let him have it verbally one day when he was picking on some kid and chased him with a snowball. He runs to the deans office opens the door and steps in. He opens it back up to stick his fat fucking face back out and go "ha ha" I threw it as hard as I could and put a welt on his forehead. I got suspended for a day. One day several years later I saw he was a cop. He couldn't even look at me. I can't even believe they gave that guy a badge and a gun. Medford police BTW.

FAX
01-30-2010, 06:24 PM
I have had many, many encounters with the police, Mr. BIG_DADDY. None of them particularly good. The following is a true story. The names have been changed to protect me.

Once upon a time long, long ago in a city far, far away, I am driving West bound down the freeway. It is a beautiful afternoon. I am approximately 1/2 mile from the exit to my neighborhood. I am driving a red, Nissan pickup. A highway patrol car is driving East bound (in the opposite direction). For some reason I still don't understand, I decide to wave at the officer. Bad move.

The officer does a triple take and it dawns on me that he thinks I have just flipped him off. In my rearview mirror, I see that the officer has made a BatTurn in the middle of the freeway only delayed slightly by traffic behind me. I am racked with fear. Oh my God, I says to myself. This is going to be bad. Then it hits me. I must escape.

I make my exit while he's still at least 3/4 of a mile behind me. The light is green at the bottom of the exit. I make a left. I drive like hell to a strip mall. I pull in. I park the truck behind an Applebees. I exit the vehicle and enter the Post Office and look out the big windows. The officer cruises by. He doesn't pull into the parking lot. I feel a sense of tentative relief. A few minutes later he cruises by in the opposite direction. Oh, crap, I says to myself. Then he drives by again. And again. He cruises by at least half a dozen times. Then he's gone. I wait about 10 more minutes, then take the back way home from the strip mall. I make it home safely. I sell the truck.

But, to this day, I think this guy may still be looking for me.

FAX

BIG_DADDY
01-30-2010, 06:32 PM
I have had many, many encounters with the police, Mr. BIG_DADDY. None of them particularly good. The following is a true story. The names have been changed to protect me.

Once upon a time long, long ago in a city far, far away, I am driving West bound down the freeway. It is a beautiful afternoon. I am approximately 1/2 mile from the exit to my neighborhood. I am driving a red, Nissan pickup. A highway patrol car is driving East bound (in the opposite direction). For some reason I still don't understand, I decide to wave at the officer. Bad move.

The officer does a triple take and it dawns on me that he thinks I have just flipped him off. In my rearview mirror, I see that the officer has made a BatTurn in the middle of the freeway only delayed slightly by traffic behind me. I am racked with fear. Oh my God, I says to myself. This is going to be bad. Then it hits me. I must escape.

I make my exit while he's still at least 3/4 of a mile behind me. The light is green at the bottom of the exit. I make a left. I drive like hell to a strip mall. I pull in. I park the truck behind an Applebees. I exit the vehicle and enter the Post Office and look out the big windows. The officer cruises by. He doesn't pull into the parking lot. I feel a sense of tentative relief. A few minutes later he cruises by in the opposite direction. Oh, crap, I says to myself. Then he drives by again. And again. He cruises by at least half a dozen times. Then he's gone. I wait about 10 more minutes, then take the back way home from the strip mall. I make it home safely. I sell the truck.

FAX

Awesome ROFL

Bwana
01-30-2010, 06:57 PM
If you get a young punk cop, they will stroke you a ticket 95% of the time. I got pulled over about two months ago for speeding, (55 in a 40) by a sheriff that was around 40. I was able to bullshit my way out of the ticket. He turned out to be a decent dude.

I have had other encounters with the law when I was younger, that weren't as pleasant.

MikeMaslowski
01-30-2010, 06:57 PM
You haven't seen anything until you deal with an MP... When they have two cars, cherries lit, blocking traffic, to pull you over for not using your blinker leaving the burger king on post and they threaten to call your commander and call you reckless.....and they are brand new privates, and they tell you that you can be cited for no registration cuz it isn't signed.. and you say "Well I can just give her a good ole sign right here private" and they do not like your vernacular in general or that you appear to be relatively jovial about this whole situation....and site you for no registration.

Went to the MP desk, got it all strait... took off the no registration BS but still got the blinker ticket, no money, just post points, which dont mean shit unless you get 20 or so of em.

Bwana
01-30-2010, 07:27 PM
You haven't seen anything until you deal with an MP... When they have two cars, cherries lit, blocking traffic, to pull you over for not using your blinker leaving the burger king on post and they threaten to call your commander and call you reckless.....and they are brand new privates, and they tell you that you can be cited for no registration cuz it isn't signed.. and you say "Well I can just give her a good ole sign right here private" and they do not like your vernacular in general or that you appear to be relatively jovial about this whole situation....and site you for no registration.

Went to the MP desk, got it all strait... took off the no registration BS but still got the blinker ticket, no money, just post points, which dont mean shit unless you get 20 or so of em.

ROFL

Those guys sound almost as bad as "Mall Cops."

I shit you not, I got pulled over my a "Mall Cop" about a year ago in the mall parking lot. I look back and "Barney Fife jr." has his rollers on. Barn claimed I didn't come to a complete stop at one of the stops signs in the mall parking lot. It was 10am and Barn and I were the only two in the lot. Barney was about 25 years old.

Barney: "You didn't come to a complete stop back there at the sign!" (Yelling)

Bwana: "No shit, my bad."

Barney: "YOU NEED TO STOP ALL THE WAY!" (yelling)

Bwana: "What was I doing, about a rolling one mile per hour through that bad boy?"

Barney: It don't matter, you have to stop all the way!"

Bwana: But there is no one here and there was no cars around me, what was I going to do, hit an invisible car?

Barney: "That's not funny!"

Bwana: "Partner, you need to learn to relax and lay off the coffee, you'll live longer."

Barney: I don't like your attitude."

Bwana: "Hmm, so does that mean you're going to give me a mall ticket?"

Barney: We don't have the authority to give tickets."

Bwana: Oh, so only REAL COPS can give out tickets? How come you're not a real cop, fail the exam?"

Barney: Ok, well, I guess you can leave!

Bwana: Thanks, it was great shooting the shit with you. Good luck on that exam next go around Ace."

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:hPEVcDIPO-qZZM:http://images.allposters.com/images/77/039_34633.jpg (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://images.allposters.com/images/77/039_34633.jpg&imgrefurl=http://stevenswain.blogspot.com/2006_02_01_archive.html&usg=__Pj8VJKW1gNJvx9BWu6VyBrqYtvE=&h=425&w=337&sz=32&hl=en&start=21&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=hPEVcDIPO-qZZM:&tbnh=126&tbnw=100&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dbarney%2Bfife%2Bquotes%26ndsp%3D18%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26start%3D18%26um%3D1)

Gonzo
01-30-2010, 08:09 PM
The last time I got pulled over, I knew the guy, (he's got a good sense of humor). I was speeding down a hill that was posted 25. He got me and I pulled over.

Cop: License and Registration please.
Me: Here you go Jerry.
Cop: Oh! Hey Jason, how you doing?
Me: Doing ok, how you holding up?
Cop: Not bad, so... You know why I pulled you over?
Me: Yeah, Because I'm black. (I'm whiter than white btw)
Cop: Laughs hysterically... Here you go, slow down, ass.
Me: Thanks Jerry, I'll watch it man.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bwana
01-30-2010, 08:11 PM
The last time I got pulled over, I knew the guy, (he's got a good sense of humor). I was speeding down a hill that was posted 25. He got me and I pulled over.

Posted via Mobile Device

LMAO

Mr. Flopnuts
01-30-2010, 08:12 PM

Posted via Mobile Device

ROFL ROFL ROFL Best ever.

POND_OF_RED
01-30-2010, 09:45 PM
I got pulled over in Shawnee the other night. I was driving down Nieman road and I noticed three cars in the left lane stopped at the red light that had a green turning arrow that turned yellow so obviously the light was about to change. I got in the right lane and didn't have to slow down at all so obviously I flew by the cars. I turned onto 75th and noticed a cop riding my ass. He pulls me over and asks me if I knew why he pulled me over. I obviously said no. He says "I was parked back at that quicktrip and noticed you were in the pack of cars and then I think I heard some tires squealing and you were gone. Do you know how fast you were going?" I said no and asked him how fast. He then proceeds to tell me "well I didn't get a chance to clock you." I chuckled a little bit and asked if I could go then. He didn't find this very funny and asked if I was in a hurry. I told him I wasn't going anywhere close to over 40 (speed limit's 35) I give him my license and he goes and runs it and comes back and says "well I'm gonna let you off with a warning this time. The reason I stopped you is because we've had a lot of robberies in the area so I thought I'd pull you over and see what you were all about." He was very lucky I had my volcano and an ounce of weed in the trunk or I would have written down his badge number for pretty much admitting to profiling. Stupid ****ing cops.

Lumpy
01-30-2010, 10:00 PM
Does getting a ticket and venting about it on a BB restrict you from using paragraph breaks?

(Just wondering b/c my fuggin eyes are bleeding) :p

Buehler445
01-30-2010, 10:06 PM
On Memorial Day weekend, I got pulled over. It was Sunday. I knew they'd be out in force. So I set my cruise at 69 and minded it vigilantly. So I get pulled over by this punk bitch. So I ask him what is going on and he says he has me at 77 :spock: and pulled me over using a visual test...:spock::spock::spock:.

So I question this dude, telling him my cruise was set at 69. He tells me some bullshit line about his visual test being +/- 5 MPH, so I contend that I was not going that fast. His story is that my speedometer is wrong (I was driving a 3 year old car with the same size of tire that came from the factory). By the time it was all over, he had told me that he got me with the radar. So I continue to question him about it, and he completely shuts off and gives me a ticket.

So I'm really pissed by now, and I asked him if he could follow me and flash his lights when I hit 65, to ensure that I didn't speed any longer with my "broken" speedometer. He said it was against policy. Furious now, I asked him if policy was more important than ensuring public safety (read: acknowledging that he is an incorrect fucking sack of shit). And all he could respond with is that it is against policy.

That dirty horsefucker gave me a 12 over ticket for going 4 over.

I fucking hate douchebag cops.

Buehler445
01-30-2010, 10:07 PM
Does getting a ticket and venting about it on a BB restrict you from using paragraph breaks?

(Just wondering b/c my fuggin eyes are bleeding) :p

I used Paragraphs :)

What do I win.

Lumpy
01-30-2010, 10:10 PM
I used Paragraphs :)

What do I win.

http://freefirezone.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/getoutofjailcc2.jpg

:D

Buehler445
01-30-2010, 10:12 PM
http://freefirezone.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/getoutofjailcc2.jpg

Hell yeah!

CosmicPal
01-30-2010, 10:12 PM
I must be one of the lucky ones when it comes to cops. True story here: When I was still living in Denver a few years ago, I left a bar and proceeded to drive home. I'd been there for a few hours and only had 4 drinks. I was likely over the limit though, but I certainly wasn't drunk.

Anyways, so I'm at this intersection which is less than a block from my neighborhood. I'm sitting in the left turn lane waiting for the light to turn green when this cop pulls up behind me. "Damn." I'm thinking to myself. A few moments go by and I'm just telling myself to be cool 'cause although I spaced my drinks out, I'm almost certain I'm not over the limit, but you never know.

A few minutes go by and the damn light hasn't turned green yet. Now, I'm really worried, but then another freakin' cop pulls up behind the first cop! Now I'm thinking I'm busted 'cause he called for back-up. The light STILL hasn't turned green and I'm freaking out. So I just sit there waiting and waiting for the damn light to turn green which it never does. The second cop pulls into the lane next to me on my right and tells me to roll down the window. I ask him what's up and he seems disgusted and says, "The light's not working. You can go now."

"Thanks." I wave, roll up my window, and make the safest left turn that would please any driving instructor. I felt like a tool. But, what the hell was I supposed to do? I couldn't just make a turn even though I knew the light wasn't working properly.

Needless to say, no moving violations, or tickets of any kind for me while I lived in Colorado.

|Zach|
01-30-2010, 10:18 PM
I got pulled over in Shawnee the other night. I was driving down Nieman road and I noticed three cars in the left lane stopped at the red light that had a green turning arrow that turned yellow so obviously the light was about to change. I got in the right lane and didn't have to slow down at all so obviously I flew by the cars. I turned onto 75th and noticed a cop riding my ass. He pulls me over and asks me if I knew why he pulled me over. I obviously said no. He says "I was parked back at that quicktrip and noticed you were in the pack of cars and then I think I heard some tires squealing and you were gone. Do you know how fast you were going?" I said no and asked him how fast. He then proceeds to tell me "well I didn't get a chance to clock you." I chuckled a little bit and asked if I could go then. He didn't find this very funny and asked if I was in a hurry. I told him I wasn't going anywhere close to over 40 (speed limit's 35) I give him my license and he goes and runs it and comes back and says "well I'm gonna let you off with a warning this time. The reason I stopped you is because we've had a lot of robberies in the area so I thought I'd pull you over and see what you were all about." He was very lucky I had my volcano and an ounce of weed in the trunk or I would have written down his badge number for pretty much admitting to profiling. Stupid ****ing cops.

What was he profiling?

Buehler445
01-30-2010, 10:25 PM
The other thing that pisses me off about cops and traffic tickets. Everybody knows they are a revenue generating function, especially in the current economic state. They deny it, but it is all about generating revenue.

My problem is this. The cops are tasked with Public Safety. Yet they spend almost all their time pulling people over (generating revenue). Is speeding the biggest risk to Public Safety? Fuck that bullshit. With all the crime in the world, they focus on speeding? Fuck those bitchcunts. Most of the people they pull over are otherwise good citizens.

When I was at Cabela's, I would watch cops sit outside and pull people over going to work. Yeah. People headed to work. The biggest threat to Public Safety....

I was in Internal Audit at Cabela's, which is performs a relatively similar function to Police. We performed Risk Assessments that allowed us to focus on the biggest risks to the company. IMO, this is what they should do with Police officers also. Police pulling over speeders going to work is like me auditing how many trees Cabela's plants when they build a new store. I may find an inaccuracy, but the net effect on the company is effectively zero.

There is plenty of things wrong with society today, but the men tasked with Public Safety have identified SPEEDERS (not druggees, gangbangers, muderers, thieves, pedophiles, etc) and the biggest risk to public safety. Fuck that.

[/rant]

Mr. Flopnuts
01-30-2010, 10:36 PM
The other thing that pisses me off about cops and traffic tickets. Everybody knows they are a revenue generating function, especially in the current economic state. They deny it, but it is all about generating revenue.

My problem is this. The cops are tasked with Public Safety. Yet they spend almost all their time pulling people over (generating revenue). Is speeding the biggest risk to Public Safety? Fuck that bullshit. With all the crime in the world, they focus on speeding? Fuck those bitchcunts. Most of the people they pull over are otherwise good citizens.

When I was at Cabela's, I would watch cops sit outside and pull people over going to work. Yeah. People headed to work. The biggest threat to Public Safety....

I was in Internal Audit at Cabela's, which is performs a relatively similar function to Police. We performed Risk Assessments that allowed us to focus on the biggest risks to the company. IMO, this is what they should do with Police officers also. Police pulling over speeders going to work is like me auditing how many trees Cabela's plants when they build a new store. I may find an inaccuracy, but the net effect on the company is effectively zero.

There is plenty of things wrong with society today, but the men tasked with Public Safety have identified SPEEDERS (not druggees, gangbangers, muderers, thieves, pedophiles, etc) as the biggest risk to public safety. Fuck that.

[/rant]

HotRoute
01-30-2010, 10:44 PM
dont have to answer one single question he asks, 5th ammendment is one of the most powerful things in the country. when he asks you all of those things he is "prying" into your life, to try to catch you up. next time he asks you all of the questions, say in a polite tone sir with all due respect I KNOW MY RIGHTS and i have somewhere to be. he will try and try to get you to talk, but you have the right not to.

Spott
01-30-2010, 10:50 PM
Needless to say I won't be making a contribution this year to the police force. I can hardly wait till they call.

It sounds like you already made one.

DeezNutz
01-30-2010, 10:59 PM

My problem is this. The cops are tasked with Public Safety. Yet they spend almost all their time pulling people over (generating revenue). Is speeding the biggest risk to Public Safety? **** that bullshit. With all the crime in the world, they focus on speeding? **** those bitch****s. Most of the people they pull over are otherwise good citizens.

There is plenty of things wrong with society today, but the men tasked with Public Safety have identified SPEEDERS (not druggees, gangbangers, muderers, thieves, pedophiles, etc) as the biggest risk to public safety. **** that.

[/rant]

Norman Einstein
01-30-2010, 11:08 PM
How old of a person are you? Are you a punk kid or a mature upstanding adult? Or somewhere inbetween?

HotRoute
01-30-2010, 11:10 PM
There is plenty of things wrong with society today, but the men tasked with Public Safety have identified SPEEDERS (not druggees, gangbangers, muderers, thieves, pedophiles, etc) as the biggest risk to public safety. **** that.

SPEEDERS can also be druggees, gangbangers, muderers, thieves, pedophiles as well as your average Joe Blow. you wouldnt believe how often a routine traffic stop turns into much much more.

Also those people who are on their way to work obviously have a way to pay that there ticket they just got, so it makes some sense. No? Imagine how much writting a ticket to a bum for loitering will ever make the state? Not too much

Mr. Flopnuts
01-30-2010, 11:20 PM
LMAO

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-31-2010, 12:53 AM
I have a long and illustrious history with cops.

I know one guy who became a cop when he was 22 or so. He wanted to do it since he was 19 because he wanted to "kill n***ers"

I had a cop take his gun out of his holster and threaten to have me "meet my maker" when he showed up at my place wondering about excessive noise when my roommates and I were studying in our own rooms on a Thursday night.

I got thrown in the tank for giving a cop the finger, to which he then nearly ran me over, and then (according to my friends) Got gang tackled by a shitload of them after he tried to cuff me and I told him "don't fucking touch me" and knocked his arm away. This one was clearly my fault, BTW.

However, a few months ago a guy pulled me over with a burned out low beam after a night out. I was ok, but I was probably close to the limit legally. He checked my license and insurance and let me go with a warning.

I have a very binary outlook towards cops.

I love the good cops who act sensibly. I hate the ones who flex nuts. I'm talking Brett Favre levels of hatred.

There's nothing worse than a bad cop, except for a bad doctor.

JMO.

POND_OF_RED
01-31-2010, 03:41 AM
What was he profiling?

I wear my hat backwards when I drive sometimes. When you pull someone over without reason just so you can "see what they're all about" that's the definition of profiling.

Fire Me Boy!
01-31-2010, 08:47 AM
On Memorial Day weekend, I got pulled over. It was Sunday. I knew they'd be out in force. So I set my cruise at 69 and minded it vigilantly. So I get pulled over by this punk bitch. So I ask him what is going on and he says he has me at 77 :spock: and pulled me over using a visual test...:spock::spock::spock:.

So I question this dude, telling him my cruise was set at 69. He tells me some bullshit line about his visual test being +/- 5 MPH, so I contend that I was not going that fast. His story is that my speedometer is wrong (I was driving a 3 year old car with the same size of tire that came from the factory). By the time it was all over, he had told me that he got me with the radar. So I continue to question him about it, and he completely shuts off and gives me a ticket.

So I'm really pissed by now, and I asked him if he could follow me and flash his lights when I hit 65, to ensure that I didn't speed any longer with my "broken" speedometer. He said it was against policy. Furious now, I asked him if policy was more important than ensuring public safety (read: acknowledging that he is an incorrect ****ing sack of shit). And all he could respond with is that it is against policy.

That dirty horse****er gave me a 12 over ticket for going 4 over.

I ****ing hate douchebag cops.

Why on earth didn't you ask to see the radar gun and the last diagnostic/accuracy check?

acesn8s
01-31-2010, 09:29 AM

FAXBe afraid Mr. FAX. Be very afraid.

acesn8s
01-31-2010, 09:56 AM
I have a long and illustrious history with cops.

I know one guy who became a cop when he was 22 or so. He wanted to do it since he was 19 because he wanted to "kill n***ers"

I had a cop take his gun out of his holster and threaten to have me "meet my maker" when he showed up at my place wondering about excessive noise when my roommates and I were studying in our own rooms on a Thursday night.

I got thrown in the tank for giving a cop the finger, to which he then nearly ran me over, and then (according to my friends) Got gang tackled by a shitload of them after he tried to cuff me and I told him "don't ****ing touch me" and knocked his arm away. This one was clearly my fault, BTW.

However, a few months ago a guy pulled me over with a burned out low beam after a night out. I was ok, but I was probably close to the limit legally. He checked my license and insurance and let me go with a warning.

I have a very binary outlook towards cops.

I love the good cops who act sensibly. I hate the ones who flex nuts. I'm talking Brett Favre levels of hatred.

JMO.Or someone named Hamas getting on an plane!

Earthling
01-31-2010, 10:47 AM
Why on earth didn't you ask to see the radar gun and the last diagnostic/accuracy check?

I did that and was denied seeing the radar gun readout from the cop. I took it to court and lost.

Fire Me Boy!
01-31-2010, 10:54 AM
I did that and was denied seeing the radar gun readout from the cop. I took it to court and lost.

I thought they had to show you the radar if you ask for it? Maybe that's different state to state?

Earthling
01-31-2010, 11:16 AM
I thought they had to show you the radar if you ask for it? Maybe that's different state to state?

That was my understanding as well...Now this was Colorado about 10 years ago or so and that might have changed by this point...

ClevelandBronco
01-31-2010, 11:19 AM
I wear my hat backwards when I drive sometimes. When you pull someone over without reason just so you can "see what they're all about" that's the definition of profiling.

That's not the definition of profiling at all.

Profiling: the act or process of extrapolating information about a person based on known traits or tendencies; specifically: the act of suspecting or targeting a person on the basis of observed characteristics or behavior.

BigVE
01-31-2010, 11:35 AM
I went to high school with a guy who was a total tool. He was a senior and I was a sophomore. He always talked shit to me and was a good 6 inches taller than me. After about a month of this we were in the weight room and he starts in on me so I tell him to **** off. He comes up and pushes me (I have never understood pushing someone you fight or you don't) so I did what I had trained to do and lit him up. He was humiliated and roughed up lol. He walked a wide circle around me the rest of that year. He became a cop and was a total asshole. Sadly it is this type of guy who ends up wearing a badge most of the time~

Man, aint that the truth! I was a pretty nice guy in High School but I had my "bully" moments...wouldn't you know it that 2 of the guys I picked on here and there over the years ended up being cops.

sparkky
01-31-2010, 11:41 AM
when it comes to LEO's I have decided Sheriff Andy has retired and Deputy Barney is now in charge.
they not only gave him more bullets, but tasers they just seem to love to test.

BIG_DADDY
01-31-2010, 02:04 PM
Man, aint that the truth! I was a pretty nice guy in High School but I had my "bully" moments...wouldn't you know it that 2 of the guys I picked on here and there over the years ended up being cops.

Any of them ever give you a hard time? My guess is they looked for easier targets to victimize.

That was my understanding as well...Now this was Colorado about 10 years ago or so and that might have changed by this point...

Don't even get me started on Colorado where the cops are bad and the courts are worse. My experience there was dated as was my experience in Florida. I have never seen anything even close to as bad as I experienced in Florida. Ask Ricky Williams.

Well i guess we can agree on one thing.

DBoweFoSho
01-31-2010, 02:08 PM
man, you guys dont know bad cops. come to south dakota. you know nothing.

POND_OF_RED
01-31-2010, 02:11 PM
That's not the definition of profiling at all.

Profiling: the act or process of extrapolating information about a person based on known traits or tendencies; specifically: the act of suspecting or targeting a person on the basis of observed characteristics or behavior.

Older cops believe it is a tendency for 23 year old kids to break the law. This is why I was pulled over. I had my hat backwards and my rap music playing. This is profiling. Race is not the only thing cops profile. I've been pulled over numerous times for just looking young and being out late.

big nasty kcnut
01-31-2010, 02:14 PM
Cops here in tulsa are alway looking to pull people over. Like they have nothing better to do.

Over-Head
01-31-2010, 02:16 PM
me and cops just dont mix :shake:

ClevelandBronco
01-31-2010, 02:18 PM
Older cops believe it is a tendency for 23 year old kids to break the law. This is why I was pulled over. I had my hat backwards and my rap music playing. This is profiling. Race is not the only thing cops profile. I've been pulled over numerous times for just looking young and being out late.

No matter. Your earlier statement was false. Just a friendly correction.

BIG_DADDY
01-31-2010, 02:19 PM

Well take the weed out of your trunk then you knucklehead.

FAX
01-31-2010, 02:22 PM
Then there was this one time when I was driving my van home from a three-day gig which, naturally, involved unreasonable amounts of alcohol, drugs, sex, and rock & roll, but very little sleep. I was wearing embroidered jeans with no shirt. The hair was a tad lengthy (as was required for a rock guitarist in those days) and the beard was the result of a week without meaningful care.

I'm driving through the outskirts of a little town in KS on two-lane blacktop when a County Sheriff Deputy decided it would be a good idea to pull me over. The next thing I know, I'm spread eagle on the gravel shoulder and several other police cars are pulling up. For the next 45 minutes or so, several officers of the law dedicated to the protection of and service to their community pull everything out of my van including bean bag chairs, cassette tapes, trash, spare tire, tools, and every other of my cherished possessions ... all of which join me on the shoulder of the road.

After some questioning involving my parentage, my life goals, and my recent activities, I am released as the proud owner of a brand new moving violation entitled, "Impersonating An Emergency Vehicle". This was due, no doubt, to the fact that my van was white and the interior featured two commandeered Pizza Hut lights that, when lit, produced a dim red glow from the back door windows.

I will be forever grateful that the dedicated officials I met that day never found the extremely large block of authentic, Lebanese hashish that was stored under the carpet or, undoubtedly, I would be telling this story from prison.

FAX

POND_OF_RED
01-31-2010, 02:22 PM
Well take the weed out of your trunk then you knucklehead.

I usually never travel with it but my friend was having his bachelor party out in Olathe so I was taking my volcano and some weed for him. I know my rights though. That cop would have never gotten into my trunk on a reason like that.

mlyonsd
01-31-2010, 02:24 PM
It's been my experience if you answer their questions politely you hardly ever get tazed.

BIG_DADDY
01-31-2010, 02:36 PM
Then there was this one time when I was driving my van home from a three-day gig which, naturally, involved unreasonable amounts of alcohol, drugs, sex, and rock & roll, but very little sleep. I was wearing embroidered jeans with no shirt. The hair was a tad lengthy (as was required for a rock guitarist in those days) and the beard was the result of a week without meaningful care.

I'm driving through the outskirts of a little town in KS on two-lane blacktop when a County Sheriff Deputy decided it would be a good idea to pull me over. The next thing I know, I'm spread eagle on the gravel shoulder and several other police cars are pulling up. For the next 45 minutes or so, several officers of the law dedicated to the protection of and service to their community pull everything out of my van including bean bag chairs, cassette tapes, trash, spare tire, tools, and every other of my cherished possessions ... all of which join me on the shoulder of the road.

After some questioning involving my parentage, my life goals, and my recent activities, I am released as the proud owner of a brand new moving violation entitled, "Impersonating An Emergency Vehicle". This was due, no doubt, to the fact that my van was white and the interior featured two commandeered Pizza Hut lights that, when lit, produced a dim red glow from the back door windows.

I will be forever grateful that the dedicated officials I met that day never found the extremely large block of authentic, Lebanese hashish that was stored under the carpet or, undoubtedly, I would be telling this story from prison.

FAX

ROFL We have got to party one of these days. ROFL

Rain Man
01-31-2010, 03:01 PM
So I'm curious, people. Answer yes or no to the following two questions:

1. Security forces should be allowed to profile people who look arabic or middle eastern when screening airline passengers. Yes or no.

2. Police should be allowed to profile people who look like stoners or hoodlums when doing traffic patrols. Yes or no.

Sully
01-31-2010, 03:05 PM
This one time, I moved to a little town in Missouri. I liked to dance in those days, but the locals in this town didn't look kindly on dancing. I was a bit of a rebel, taking it so far as playing chicken with tractors once (and winning!), but the cops and the local preacher (with a hot daughter) were always on my case. I could really only dance in the barn.

I finally got the town to give in, and we had this great dance. You'd never know those kids had never danced before, though. I guess all that pent up dancing tension released made the whole thing seem like the dancing was intricately choreographed. It was great.

...plus, I nailed the preacher's daughter.

mlyonsd
01-31-2010, 03:05 PM

1. Security forces should be allowed to profile people who look arabic or middle eastern when screening airline passengers. Yes or no.

2. Police should be allowed to profile people who look like stoners or hoodlums when doing traffic patrols. Yes or no.

1. Yes
2. No

POND_OF_RED
01-31-2010, 03:07 PM

No to both of them. "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal." I think that's the first sentence this country was started on.

Rain Man
01-31-2010, 03:07 PM
1. Yes
2. No

Why the difference? They're both targeting people who are statistically more likely to commit crimes.

Pablo
01-31-2010, 03:08 PM

2. Police should be allowed to profile people who look like stoners or hoodlums when doing traffic patrols. Yes or no.No on both accounts. When you start profiling; you get tunnel vision for one set of people/ethnicity and then you can miss assignments just as easily.

mlyonsd
01-31-2010, 03:10 PM
Why the difference? They're both targeting people who are statistically more likely to commit crimes.

I was assuming those in the first scenario weren't necessarily citizens.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-31-2010, 03:11 PM

Yeah. Don't expect anyone to feel sorry for you for that, considering we've all been there at one time or another. If I had a dollar for everytime a cop fucked with me when I was a kid, I wouldn't have to work.

Pablo
01-31-2010, 03:13 PM
Yeah. Don't expect anyone to feel sorry for you for that, considering we've all been there at one time or another. If I had a dollar for everytime a cop ****ed with me when I was a kid, I wouldn't have to work.I got pulled over for my tinted windows this week. Young cop.

Not too bright. If he'd had noticed the glaringly obvious signs I was displaying he could have easily found the 30 pounds of blow I had in my trunk.

POND_OF_RED
01-31-2010, 03:15 PM
Yeah. Don't expect anyone to feel sorry for you for that, considering we've all been there at one time or another. If I had a dollar for everytime a cop ****ed with me when I was a kid, I wouldn't have to work.

I'm not asking for sympathy. I'm just voicing that it happens everywhere you go. To say it's not profiling would be wrong. Cops are fucking douches.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-31-2010, 03:15 PM
I got pulled over for my tinted windows this week. Young cop.

Not too bright. If he'd had noticed the glaringly obvious signs I was displaying he could have easily found the 30 pounds of blow I had in my trunk.

Was it the huge pupils? Or perhaps the half cut straw on your dash board? Was there a powdery residue on a make up sized mirror in your passenger seat? Or did you have 15k in small bills that you had to dig through to get your license, registration, and proof of insurance?

mlyonsd
01-31-2010, 03:16 PM
Question-A few weeks back I saw a highway patrolman going through somebody's trunk on the interstate while they were standing there watching. What protocol allows them to do that without a warrant?

Mr. Flopnuts
01-31-2010, 03:17 PM
I'm not asking for sympathy. I'm just voicing that it happens everywhere you go. To say it's not profiling would be wrong. Cops are fucking douches.

Feel free to read through my 23k posts. I'm sure 10% of them are dedicated to bad cop bashing. But, we'll disagree on the definition of profiling. That's like saying cops pulling over everyone with a cowboy hat is profiling in order to solve the town's cow tipping problem. It's just not the same thing IMO.

Sully
01-31-2010, 03:18 PM
Interesting story about that preacher that kept me from dancing. A couple of years later, he ended up adopting Bigfoot.

POND_OF_RED

It's weird but there are citizens in this country that look arabic or middle eastern. Damn 21st century. Probably not too many in SD though. :D

Pablo
Was it the huge pupils? Or perhaps the half cut straw on your dash board? Was there a powdery residue on a make up sized mirror in your passenger seat? Or did you have 15k in small bills that you had to dig through to get your license, registration, and proof of insurance?You'd think my "I don't do coke, I just like the smell of it" bumper sticker may have given him an idea or two.

Mr. Flopnuts
Question-A few weeks back I saw a highway patrolman going through somebody's trunk on the interstate while they were standing there watching. What protocol allows them to do that without a warrant?

Intimidation, followed by lying, and then permission. Remember folks, never lie to a cop, but never expect them to be truthful with you when they have an agenda.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-31-2010, 03:19 PM
You'd think my "I don't do coke, I just like the smell of it" bumper sticker may have given him an idea or two.

ROFL Suhweet!

Mr. Flopnuts
01-31-2010, 03:20 PM
Feel free to read through my 23k posts. I'm sure 10% of them are dedicated to bad cop bashing. But, we'll disagree on the definition of profiling. That's like saying cops pulling over everyone with a cowboy hat is profiling in order to solve the town's cow tipping problem. It's just not the same thing IMO.

And just for the record, I'm not trying to bust your balls here. I just think you're a bit naive when it comes to cops. Tell a cop you know your rights at your age and tell me what happens. I've been down that road too.

BIG_DADDY
01-31-2010, 03:21 PM

The potential devastation a terrorist can cause -vs- some stoner is pretty self evident if you ask me. Apples and oranges. The Israelis use profiling as a part of their airline security and don't have the problems we do. I don't know why our PC douchebag politicians keep trying to reinvent the wheel so they don't offend anyone. I guess all the death and destruction of 9-11 means nothing to them in comparison. After all they didn't die and it's not their money. We have become such a bunch of pansies in this country.

Sully
01-31-2010, 03:22 PM
but never expect them to be truthful with you when they have an agenda.

so, when I ask them if they have an agenda, how will I know what to believe? I just blew my own mind!!!

POND_OF_RED
01-31-2010, 03:22 PM

Well that would also be profiling if he's pulling over every person with a cowboy hat on then he's looking for certain people who meet the profile. I'm not saying age profiling is anywhere close to race profiling because it's obviously not, but it's a form of profiling.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-31-2010, 03:23 PM
Well that would also be profiling if he's pulling over every person with a cowboy hat on then he's looking for certain people who meet the profile. I'm not saying age profiling is anywhere close to race profiling because it's obviously not, but it's a form of profiling.

Fair enough.

Sully
01-31-2010, 03:27 PM
My family has always been sorta treasure hunty. So one time, asi was trying to track down this huge treasure, I decided I was going to steal the Declaration of Independence. Not only were the cops on my ass, but also this rich asshole. Talk about a bummer.

...but, yeah, I stole the Declaration.

Oh, and I nailed a hot curator.

BIG_DADDY
01-31-2010, 03:28 PM

Cars are not like your house. They can create probably cause out of anything. All they have to do is say they smelled weed and they can search. The key is never giving them permission to search. For example if you do not give them permission to search, they say their probably case was smelling weed but none is ever found but they did find 30 pounds of coke in the trunk you have a great chance of getting off. Trust me when I tell you they know how important it is for you to give up your rights in this scenario.

mlyonsd
01-31-2010, 03:39 PM
Cars are not like your house. They can create probably cause out of anything. All they have to do is say they smelled weed and they can search. The key is never giving them permission to search. For example if you do not give them permission to search, they say their probably case was smelling weed but none is ever found but they did find 30 pounds of coke in the trunk you have a great chance of getting off. Trust me when I tell you they know how important it is for you to give up your rights in this scenario.

That's probably good advice. Especially if I'm carrying around a dead body like I do every so often.

Another question.....a few years ago my wife and I were out with some friends at a bar and she drove home. On the interstate she was pulled over for going 5mph over. It was about 10:30 at night and the patrolmen made her get out of the car and go back to his vehicle.

Before she got in he told her there was a dog in the backseat and he'd bark when she opened the door. Not only did he bark but snarled right behind her head the entire time she was in the car.

He gave her a breath test because he could smell liquor coming from my window, which is the one he walked up to.

The question is, is someone required to exit their car on an interstate at night and walk back to the troopers car? And, if she was deathly afraid of dogs could she have declined getting into the car?

Saul Good
01-31-2010, 03:46 PM
This one time, I moved to a little town in Missouri. I liked to dance in those days, but the locals in this town didn't look kindly on dancing. I was a bit of a rebel, taking it so far as playing chicken with tractors once (and winning!), but the cops and the local preacher (with a hot daughter) were always on my case. I could really only dance in the barn.

I finally got the town to give in, and we had this great dance. You'd never know those kids had never danced before, though. I guess all that pent up dancing tension released made the whole thing seem like the dancing was intricately choreographed. It was great.

...plus, I nailed the preacher's daughter.

I call bullshit on your story. The preacher's daughter wasn't hot.

Sully
01-31-2010, 03:50 PM
I call bullshit on your story. The preacher's daughter wasn't hot.

Looking back, no. But the fact that I had the chance to nail a preacher's daughter made her seem so. My tastes have refined since then.

TheGuardian
01-31-2010, 03:54 PM
I'm not asking for sympathy. I'm just voicing that it happens everywhere you go. To say it's not profiling would be wrong. Cops are ****ing douches.

You are right, cops are usually douches.

You are wrong, however, about your rights.

If that cop wanted to search your car, he's going to find a way to legally search it. That is a fact so you better understand that RIGHT NOW the next time you think about transporting weed.

Second. You play loud rap music, wear a sideways/backwards hat, and smoke weed then complain of profiling.

DUH! You are a living stereotype. If a cop pulls you over and has a hint of weed or anything else and adds your appearance and music in with it, it's your fault for being stupid. Turn your fucking music down for one, I don't want to hear that shit and neither does a lot of other people around you. Don't wear your hat sideways and backwards while driving around. If you just have to follow the trend of your friends do it around then, but not when you have weed on you. I bet you've sagged your pants at times too haven't you? So you're asking for trouble by fitting the profile of.........exactly the illegal activities you are doing. You make a cops job easy.

Many many many moons ago I wanted to work in law enforcement because I had dealt and seen a lot of bad shit and really wanted to make a difference somehow. But as noted by a lot of people here, cops have become nothing more than a revenue source for the city they work for. So their whole day is based around collecting money through traffic violations.

I hate cops now. I think they are the single biggest abusers of power in the history of our nation. Almost Hitleresque. When they can arrest you for "failure to ID" while you are WALKING down the street, something has gone wrong with the laws/law makers of this country. When you call a cop to help you out now, you get interrogated. there's a billion stories online about people who called the cops to come to their aid that end up in jail or being charged.

It's not even a black thing or white thing anymore. Cops are abusing everyone now. Regardless of race, color, or creed.

A few months ago I was on my home from work. The same way I've been driving for over 4 years. I come to a 4 way stop; I see the cop waiting on people who do a rolling stop. So I come to a complete stop. Look both ways. My blinker is already on so I am in good shape. I turn right and he hits the lights on me. I am like "WTF?"

He pulls me over, and I know the guy. So I think all is cool. I pull out my insurance card and hand it to him and he shows me that it is expired. I look at it, sure enough it is. MY insurance isn't expired, just the card. So I tell him to run it, that everything is up to date. I KNOW that he can run it because both my neighbor who is a cop, told me so, and so did my insurance guy.

But he tells me he can't run it. He wants to write me the ticket. It's end of the month BTW. So he finally asks me if I know why he pulled me over. I say no. He tells me because I rolled through the stop sign. I start to get fucking pissed at this point because I KNOW I did not. I tell him "I saw you when I pulled up. I looked both ways, and then I turned. I had my blinker on didn't I?" He nods. I say "well I saw you sitting there, I come this way home everyday. There is NO WAY I rolled through that stop sign. I came to a complete stop. I SAW YOU SITTING THERE."

He tells me that he will view the tape when he is done with his shift to see if I stopped. I already know that I did. I also know that his camera doesn't come on by default until he hits the lights. And that was AFTER I turned. So he lied to me twice, wrote me two tickets, and this is from a guy I knew.

So yeah, cops are assholes. I think that's been established.

Slainte
01-31-2010, 04:12 PM
You gotta be firm with the policeman. Policemen respect strength. While he's writing out the ticket, you gotta give him a bad look. Then, when he's almost finished writing, reach over and snatch it out of his hand. Tell him you're gonna check it over for mistakes. Then after you read it, crumple it up and throw it at his feet. Say, "Fuck you and your ticket too, you asshole in a hat. Can't you see I have enough garbage on the floor of my car already without another worthless piece of paper from the state? I've got eight or nine of them fuckin' things floatin' around in here. Say... don't I pay your salary? You're a public servant. Get me a glass of water. You pin-headed prick!"

TheGuardian
01-31-2010, 04:15 PM
You gotta be firm with the policeman. Policemen respect strength. While he's writing out the ticket, you gotta give him a bad look. Then, when he's almost finished writing, reach over and snatch it out of his hand. Tell him you're gonna check it over for mistakes. Then after you read it, crumple it up and throw it at his feet. Say, "**** you and your ticket too, you asshole in a hat. Can't you see I have enough garbage on the floor of my car already without another worthless piece of paper from the state? I've got eight or nine of them ****in' things floatin' around in here. Say... don't I pay your salary? You're a public servant. Get me a glass of water. You pin-headed prick!"

LOL!

Sully
01-31-2010, 04:23 PM
Just to be safe, the first thing I ask when I get pulled over is, "You aren't going to check my trunk, are you?"

Psyko Tek
01-31-2010, 04:24 PM

in az you cab get stopped for it
so it's primary here

Mr. Flopnuts
01-31-2010, 04:41 PM
You gotta be firm with the policeman. Policemen respect strength. While he's writing out the ticket, you gotta give him a bad look. Then, when he's almost finished writing, reach over and snatch it out of his hand. Tell him you're gonna check it over for mistakes. Then after you read it, crumple it up and throw it at his feet. Say, "Fuck you and your ticket too, you asshole in a hat. Can't you see I have enough garbage on the floor of my car already without another worthless piece of paper from the state? I've got eight or nine of them fuckin' things floatin' around in here. Say... don't I pay your salary? You're a public servant. Get me a glass of water. You pin-headed prick!"

ROFL

Mr. Flopnuts
01-31-2010, 04:42 PM
You are right, cops are usually douches.

You are wrong, however, about your rights.

If that cop wanted to search your car, he's going to find a way to legally search it. That is a fact so you better understand that RIGHT NOW the next time you think about transporting weed.

Second. You play loud rap music, wear a sideways/backwards hat, and smoke weed then complain of profiling.

DUH! You are a living stereotype. If a cop pulls you over and has a hint of weed or anything else and adds your appearance and music in with it, it's your fault for being stupid. Turn your fucking music down for one, I don't want to hear that shit and neither does a lot of other people around you. Don't wear your hat sideways and backwards while driving around. If you just have to follow the trend of your friends do it around then, but not when you have weed on you. I bet you've sagged your pants at times too haven't you? So you're asking for trouble by fitting the profile of.........exactly the illegal activities you are doing. You make a cops job easy.

Many many many moons ago I wanted to work in law enforcement because I had dealt and seen a lot of bad shit and really wanted to make a difference somehow. But as noted by a lot of people here, cops have become nothing more than a revenue source for the city they work for. So their whole day is based around collecting money through traffic violations.

I hate cops now. I think they are the single biggest abusers of power in the history of our nation. Almost Hitleresque. When they can arrest you for "failure to ID" while you are WALKING down the street, something has gone wrong with the laws/law makers of this country. When you call a cop to help you out now, you get interrogated. there's a billion stories online about people who called the cops to come to their aid that end up in jail or being charged.

It's not even a black thing or white thing anymore. Cops are abusing everyone now. Regardless of race, color, or creed.

A few months ago I was on my home from work. The same way I've been driving for over 4 years. I come to a 4 way stop; I see the cop waiting on people who do a rolling stop. So I come to a complete stop. Look both ways. My blinker is already on so I am in good shape. I turn right and he hits the lights on me. I am like "WTF?"

He pulls me over, and I know the guy. So I think all is cool. I pull out my insurance card and hand it to him and he shows me that it is expired. I look at it, sure enough it is. MY insurance isn't expired, just the card. So I tell him to run it, that everything is up to date. I KNOW that he can run it because both my neighbor who is a cop, told me so, and so did my insurance guy.

But he tells me he can't run it. He wants to write me the ticket. It's end of the month BTW. So he finally asks me if I know why he pulled me over. I say no. He tells me because I rolled through the stop sign. I start to get fucking pissed at this point because I KNOW I did not. I tell him "I saw you when I pulled up. I looked both ways, and then I turned. I had my blinker on didn't I?" He nods. I say "well I saw you sitting there, I come this way home everyday. There is NO WAY I rolled through that stop sign. I came to a complete stop. I SAW YOU SITTING THERE."

He tells me that he will view the tape when he is done with his shift to see if I stopped. I already know that I did. I also know that his camera doesn't come on by default until he hits the lights. And that was AFTER I turned. So he lied to me twice, wrote me two tickets, and this is from a guy I knew.

So yeah, cops are assholes. I think that's been established.

Sounds about par for the course from my experience. They're not all like that, but a lot of them are. Why not? It's not like there are repercussions for acting like a self serving douche unless there is blatant proof. Pretty sound advice on people carrying weed around too. Don't fit the fucking stereotype when you're breaking the law. That's common sense.

Mile High Mania
01-31-2010, 04:48 PM
Heh... they're called stereotypes for a reason. If you don't want to get busted or dicked around with... don't do stupid things.

POND_OF_RED
01-31-2010, 05:52 PM

DUH! You are a living stereotype. If a cop pulls you over and has a hint of weed or anything else and adds your appearance and music in with it, it's your fault for being stupid. Turn your ****ing music down for one, I don't want to hear that shit and neither does a lot of other people around you. Don't wear your hat sideways and backwards while driving around. If you just have to follow the trend of your friends do it around then, but not when you have weed on you. I bet you've sagged your pants at times too haven't you? So you're asking for trouble by fitting the profile of.........exactly the illegal activities you are doing. You make a cops job easy.

I wear my hat backwards when I drive because it affects my peripheral vision. My music was not affecting anyone around me it was more of a joke. Sagging has nothing to do with anything so I'm not sure where that came from. Are you trying to insinuate that everyone who smokes weed and wears their hat backwards likes to have easy access to their asshole in prison? I can pretty much guarantee that if any of you saw me in public you would not know I was a stoner or listened to rap music. It was worth a guess though. Nice try.

BigVE
01-31-2010, 06:40 PM
Any of them ever give you a hard time? My guess is they looked for easier targets to victimize.

No, I stayed out of trouble and was able to avoid these particular guys somehow. I have heard plenty of stories from others they have picked on over the years though.

acesn8s
01-31-2010, 08:44 PM

2. Police should be allowed to profile people who look like stoners or hoodlums when doing traffic patrols. Yes or no.3. Police should be allowed to profile people who look like embezzling businessmen. Yes or no.

Jilly
01-31-2010, 10:08 PM
My husband is funny

milkman
01-31-2010, 10:49 PM
My husband is funny

No he isn't.

Who's your husband?

-King-
02-01-2010, 12:36 AM
If you think a ticket is bullshit and you rip it up in their faces...will that get you in further doo doo or what?

-King-
02-01-2010, 12:48 AM

Does that really matter?

googlegoogle
02-01-2010, 02:05 AM
conflict of interest by the government here.

Any money should not go back to government.

In fact, a better idea would be a point system where if you passed the limit then your driving rights are revoked a week and it escalates.

That would take the profit incentive out.

Inspector
02-01-2010, 08:10 AM

The way one cop explained it to me was pretty simple. Contrary to popular belief, police do NOT need a warrant to search your car. The one sure fire way is for them to just bring the dog over for a quick sniff. If the dog indicates something may be in your car, the police can then perform a search without your consent. And here's the beautiful part: The cops are the ones who determine if the dog is indicating anything or not.

Who says we need the constitution or bill of rights? The police force has shown them to not be necessary at all.

Radar Chief
02-01-2010, 08:30 AM
The way one cop explained it to me was pretty simple. Contrary to popular belief, police do NOT need a warrant to search your car. The one sure fire way is for them to just bring the dog over for a quick sniff. If the dog indicates something may be in your car, the police can then perform a search without your consent. And here's the beautiful part: The cops are the ones who determine if the dog is indicating anything or not.

Who says we need the constitution or bill of rights? The police force has shown them to not be necessary at all.

"Probable Cause".

MOhillbilly
02-01-2010, 08:49 AM
i always talk nice to the police man.

TheGuardian
02-01-2010, 09:04 AM
I wear my hat backwards when I drive because it affects my peripheral vision. My music was not affecting anyone around me it was more of a joke. Sagging has nothing to do with anything so I'm not sure where that came from. Are you trying to insinuate that everyone who smokes weed and wears their hat backwards likes to have easy access to their asshole in prison? I can pretty much guarantee that if any of you saw me in public you would not know I was a stoner or listened to rap music. It was worth a guess though. Nice try.

I was born in the morning, but it wasn't yesterday morning.

You wear your hat backwards and sideways because it's trendy for you. You blare rap music (I still haven't figured out why people want me to listen to their music), and you aren't denying you've sagged. And you admit to smoking weed. Like I said, it's pretty easy.

I'm not saying you always look like this, I'm telling you NOT to look like this if you are carrying weed. I always think it's funny when dudes think they don't look like guys who smoke weed, and you can pick em out of a crowd like they have a sign on their chest.

Yeah dude, if you smoke that much you're going to fit a certain mold. There is no getting around it. And cops can spot it easily. Vet cops anyway.

You're not as smart as you think you are, as evidence by the fact that you stated "I know my rights that cop couldn't search my car". When in fact, he could easily search your car.

Let me show you how this works......

Cop: "Do you mind if I take a look in your car?"

You: "Why?"

Cop: "Just for safety reasons."

You: "Well I don't have anything."

Cop: "Well I believe I smelled marijuana coming from you when you rolled down the window."

You: "I don't have any marijuana on me."

Cop: "Then you shouldn't have any problem with me searching your car."

You: "Well I know my rights. You can't just search..."

Cop: "I can have a unit bring a K9 out here and if he gives me the signal that he thinks illegal drugs are in your car, I then have the right to search it. So you can make me call in the unit now and we can wait, or you can give me your authorization."

So basically you don't know what the hell you're talking about kid. If a cop wants to search your shit, it's getting searched. Just like you don't know that everyone who looks at you knows you are a stoner. But we do. K?

POND_OF_RED
02-01-2010, 10:57 AM
Obviously I don't look like a stoner or he probably would have tried a lot harder to search the car. Nice try though. Do I really need to deny sagging? Are you from some little small town in BFE? No one fucking sags anymore. It's retarded to even group that together with someone who wears there hat backwards. You need to get out more. Just because a guy smokes weed and listens to hip hop doesn't make him a wannabe gangster. You're pretty retarded.

BIG_DADDY
02-01-2010, 11:15 AM
conflict of interest by the government here.

Any money should not go back to government.

In fact, a better idea would be a point system where if you passed the limit then your driving rights are revoked a week and it escalates.

That would take the profit incentive out.

Removing any personal financial benefit from the equation is a great starting point. I think that should be applied to all bureaucracies.

TheGuardian
02-01-2010, 12:13 PM
Obviously I don't look like a stoner or he probably would have tried a lot harder to search the car. Nice try though. Do I really need to deny sagging? Are you from some little small town in BFE? No one ****ing sags anymore. It's retarded to even group that together with someone who wears there hat backwards. You need to get out more. Just because a guy smokes weed and listens to hip hop doesn't make him a wannabe gangster. You're pretty retarded.

You keep on making my point.

You did sag. which is gay no matter when you did it.

You do listen to hip hop. You do wear a backwards hat. You do smoke weed.

Yes, you are a walking stereotype. Like I said, if the cop had been a little smarter all he has to do is ask to search your car, and you're done.

funny, you call me retarded and you're the one driving around with weed in your trunk and aren't even smart enough to know the cop can find a reason to search your car................

pot meet kettle, son.

gblowfish
02-01-2010, 12:19 PM
The cops in Shawnee, KS are buttheads.

Bob Dole
02-01-2010, 12:59 PM
The way one cop explained it to me was pretty simple. Contrary to popular belief, police do NOT need a warrant to search your car.

Bob Dole always enjoys this argument.

Do they still need a warrant to search Bob Dole's home?

And which insurance policy is it that covers personal property stolen from Bob Dole's motor vehicle? His auto or his homeowners?

POND_OF_RED
02-01-2010, 01:03 PM
You keep on making my point.

You did sag. which is gay no matter when you did it.

You do listen to hip hop. You do wear a backwards hat. You do smoke weed.

Yes, you are a walking stereotype. Like I said, if the cop had been a little smarter all he has to do is ask to search your car, and you're done.

funny, you call me retarded and you're the one driving around with weed in your trunk and aren't even smart enough to know the cop can find a reason to search your car................

pot meet kettle, son.

Let me be clear. I have not sagged one day in my life. I've smoked weed nearly every day for 5 years now. Been pulled over numerous times late at night and have never had my car searched. You would think if it's so easy to tell I'm a stoner they would search my car. I also have a job that can drug test me anytime if they have reason to believe I'm on drugs, yet I haven't had one. You can say what you want but it doesn't change the facts. I say that I listen to rap music and wear my hat backwards and you assume that I am this little wigger walking around town. It's a pretty dumb assumption on your part.

BIG_DADDY
02-01-2010, 01:08 PM
Let me be clear. I have not sagged one day in my life. .

That's cool because saggers are about the most annoying people out there. I think people would just run right over them if they could get away with it.

Slainte
02-01-2010, 01:22 PM
WTF is a sagger? What does it mean, "to sag"? Could somebody conjugate this motherfucker for me, por favor?....

Bugeater
02-01-2010, 01:26 PM
WTF is a sagger? What does it mean, "to sag"? Could somebody conjugate this mother****er for me, por favor?....
Someone who wears their pants down below their ass.

BIG_DADDY
02-01-2010, 01:27 PM
WTF is a sagger? What does it mean, "to sag"? Could somebody conjugate this mother****er for me, por favor?....

One of those punk asses that walk around with their pants falling off and their underwear sticking out.

BIG_DADDY
02-01-2010, 01:32 PM
Seeing what your attitude towards police officers is, I'm glad he gave you the ticket.

You must be a cop because only a cop couold be so myopic in this situation. I got a flashlight shined in my eyes, pulled over and was treated like I had white powder around my nose and whiskey on my breath. In spite of that I answered every one question, some more than once and called him sir the entire time and you have a problem with my attitude towards the cop? Amazing.

MOhillbilly
02-01-2010, 01:33 PM
One of those punk asses that walk around with their pants falling off and their underwear sticking out.

used to hear this under psoples breath all the time 'punk ass with his underwear hangin out' so i quit wearin underwear.
not a peep.

googlegoogle
02-01-2010, 01:34 PM
Removing any personal financial benefit from the equation is a great starting point. I think that should be applied to all bureaucracies.

this is true

Bugeater
02-01-2010, 01:35 PM
You must be a cop because only a cop couold be so myopic in this situation. I got a flashlight shined in my eyes, pulled over and was treated like I had white powder around my nose and whiskey on my breath. In spite of that I answered every one question, some more than once and called him sir the entire time and you have a problem with my attitude towards the cop? Amazing.
Nah, not a cop, but I do believe in karma.

BIG_DADDY
02-01-2010, 01:39 PM
Nah, not a cop, but I do believe in karma.

Yea and I like radiccio salad with a red wine chaser. WTF

BIG_DADDY
02-01-2010, 01:41 PM
used to hear this under psoples breath all the time 'punk ass with his underwear hangin out' so i quit wearin underwear.
not a peep.

Wow, you would be a hit in the Castro.

MOhillbilly
02-01-2010, 01:43 PM
Wow, you would be a hit in the Castro.

whats a castro?

BIG_DADDY
02-01-2010, 01:50 PM
whats a castro?

ROFL

BIG_DADDY
02-01-2010, 02:01 PM
It's the gay area of SF MO. You would last about 10 seconds there in those pants before there would be trouble.

MOhillbilly
02-01-2010, 02:04 PM
It's the gay area of SF MO. You would last about 10 seconds there in those pants before there would be trouble.

I thought all of SF was the gay area.

BIG_DADDY
02-01-2010, 02:08 PM
I thought all of SF was the gay area.

Google image halloween and the Castro, it's a special corner of SF.

MOhillbilly
02-01-2010, 02:10 PM
Google image halloween and the Castro, it's a special corner of SF.

pfffff....are you fuckin crazy?

bogey
02-01-2010, 03:35 PM
I don't get the anger toward cops. I assume it's anger toward authority in general. I've been pulled over by cops several times and never had a problem. I'm just a regular ole' white boy, maybe that makes a difference. When I get pulled over, I am all yes sir and no sir. 99% of the time I don't get tickets. Based on my experience, if a cop is being an asshole to you, it's likely because you're being an asshole to him/her.

BIG_DADDY
02-01-2010, 03:47 PM
I don't get the anger toward cops. I assume it's anger toward authority in general. I've been pulled over by cops several times and never had a problem. I'm just a regular ole' white boy, maybe that makes a difference. When I get pulled over, I am all yes sir and no sir. 99% of the time I don't get tickets. Based on my experience, if a cop is being an asshole to you, it's likely because you're being an asshole to him/her.

I am a white boy in my big ass white boy pickup that just happens to be white just trying to mind my own white ass business. I am conservative as they come being as I work own an investment firm that deals with senior executives of high technology companies. I told you what happened. You want to create a different scenario in your head go ahead. There are lots of people in this thread who have had similar experiences but don't let that stop you from believing what ever you want.

BIG_DADDY
02-01-2010, 03:51 PM

You are in LA too where they actually have a real crime problem. Cops on the peninsula don't really have problems so they try and create one. Actually most here are cool but don't tell me the CHP is not a ticket writing machine down there just like up here.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-01-2010, 04:14 PM
You are in LA too where they actually have a real crime problem. Cops on the peninsula don't really have problems so they try and create one. Actually most here are cool but don't tell me the CHP is a ticket writing machine down there just like up here.

Absolutely. I live in the suburbs. My motto is "over staffed and under worked". That's what creates these situations. You know you have to make a certain number of arrests in order to get promoted in a lot of jurisdictions? Yeah, no motivation there at all.

bogey
02-01-2010, 04:37 PM
You are in LA too where they actually have a real crime problem. Cops on the peninsula don't really have problems so they try and create one. Actually most here are cool but don't tell me the CHP is not a ticket writing machine down there just like up here.

My brother-in-law is a Sheriff in Eastern Missouri. My nephew is HP in Missouri. My sister is a retired Game Warden. One of my good friends out here is a deputy sheriff. I was line producer on 360 episodes of Real Stories of the Highway Patrol in which I had personal relationships with 100's of HP across the USA. I know a LOT of cops. Yes, they are confident and arrogant. The majority of the time, if you treat them with respect, they'll treat you with respect, period. If by ticket writing machines you mean they write tickets to people who are breaking the law, yes they're ticket writing machines.

bogey
02-01-2010, 04:40 PM
Absolutely. I live in the suburbs. My motto is "over staffed and under worked". That's what creates these situations. You know you have to make a certain number of arrests in order to get promoted in a lot of jurisdictions? Yeah, no motivation there at all.

Can you provide something more than your motto? Where do you get your information as to how cops get promoted?

Mr. Flopnuts
02-01-2010, 04:49 PM
Can you provide something more than your motto? Where do you get your information as to how cops get promoted?

An officer from the Washington State Patrol. I'll see if I can dig something official up online.

crazycoffey
02-01-2010, 04:53 PM

It may be in some states, I seem to remember hearing about that some before too, but it isn't the case in IL, MO, TX or OK.

BIG_DADDY
02-01-2010, 04:55 PM
My brother-in-law is a Sheriff in Eastern Missouri. My nephew is HP in Missouri. My sister is a retired Game Warden. One of my good friends out here is a deputy sheriff. I was line producer on 360 episodes of Real Stories of the Highway Patrol in which I had personal relationships with 100's of HP across the USA. I know a LOT of cops. Yes, they are confident and arrogant. The majority of the time, if you treat them with respect, they'll treat you with respect, period. If by ticket writing machines you mean they write tickets to people who are breaking the law, yes they're ticket writing machines.

My sister used to be a cop, a bunch of my cousins are/were cops. THey will tell you a bunch of them are douchebags too. There are also some really good one's but those are not the one's we are talking about here.

BIG_DADDY
02-01-2010, 04:56 PM
I haven't been pulled over by a city cop or sherriff in years. It's all these dickhead CHP officers. They should change their name from CHP to RGM.

POND_OF_RED
02-01-2010, 04:59 PM
I treat a cop how they treat me. If I'm pulled over and I know I did something wrong then I am repectful because I know the guy is just doing his job. If I get pulled over or stopped in the street and the cop has no justifiable reason I'm not going to go out of my way to kiss his ass. I've dealt with numerous cops that were completely cool, but their are quite a few out there that give the badges a bad reputation.

crazycoffey
02-01-2010, 05:02 PM

Really depends on the situation and set of circumstances. Simply asking if he could search it and being told yes could lead to what you saw.

More likely it came from probable cause (rear suspension riding much lower than front, fumes/liquids coming from the trunk, hearing someone in the trunk with muffled screaming for help, etc) or search incident to arrest (like an inventory search)

Mr. Flopnuts
02-01-2010, 05:03 PM
An officer from the Washington State Patrol. I'll see if I can dig something official up online.

Needless to say it's pretty difficult finding "official" terminology on promotion practices based off of arrest record. Believe it or don't. The cop that told me that is a pretty good friend of mine, so I'll believe it.

As far as quotas go. No, they don't have quotas. They call them "Daily Contact Requirements". Draw your own conclusions on that one. Now, my understanding is that applies to WA state patrol, but not counties, or local municipalities.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-01-2010, 05:04 PM
And one more thing, I know there are a lot of good cops out there. Damn fine human beings who are making the World a safer place. I'm not talking about them when I take this tone. I respect the hell out of the guys that do this job for the right reason, and are solid human beings in the first place.

Earthling
02-01-2010, 05:05 PM
I was pulled over once by the HP...can't remember if it was CA or TX...and I was sure I was getting a ticket for one thing or another. It turns out the guy that pulled me over was restoring this 54 Chevy, which was what I was driving at the time, and wanted to know if I would sell him my tail-light. Actually I got a chuckle out of it afterwards and declined his offer. I always wondered if he would have given me a ticket for no tail light if I had sold that to him.

Simply Red
02-01-2010, 05:14 PM
Ok, I can add to this, I was going 45 in a 45. This was on a road, much like 40 hwy, in Methdependents, (not quite a highway, but more than a side road)

I was agressively pulled over, and it was because I had a translucent tag cover, OVER my plate. He then even measured my window tint.

He indicated that if I take a photo, they'll waive any fees.

Well, I didn't think anything of it, carried on. Two FUCKING days later, driving ON the freeway, 55+ MPH, I got over to the right, as I saw a cop about 600 yrds away, well, this asshole, tears out w/ his lights on, I get over another lane to the right, He gets right on my ass, as if to say, IM TALKING TO YOU! Well, same shit, he literally somehow saw my tag cover, another ticket, he also wrote me a ticket for not having my address updated on my DL. However, the REAL reason is, he can't afford my car, ENVY. I truly believe that to be his main motivation. FUCK THEM! Serve and protect, my ball sack, mf'er! FUCK OFF

Bwana
02-01-2010, 05:33 PM
There were some local cops that would come down and kick box with me, when I was a martial arts instructor at a health club here in town years ago. I always found it fun to be able to whip up on several cops and not get charged with assault. :D

Most would come in with a bullet proof attitude and leave a lot more humble, with their hat in their hand. They kept bringing in more of their friends and the "new guy" would step in and take a shot at the title. The ones who had been in the ring before would just stand off and watch and smile. I would lay in some decent shots, but never went full power, unless the guy standing across from me got really out of hand. I became good friends with a lot of cops that way and most of them turned out to be decent dudes.

Sully
02-01-2010, 06:19 PM
One time I was late to a Christmas party at my wife's job. I got there, and soon afterward this dick German comes in with all his goons taking over the place. I was smarter than everyone else, though, and snuck out while they were gathering people. I went to find a phone, but the lines were all cut.
Eventually I got a walkie talkie from this other asshole German that I killed, and tried to radio in the problem from the roof. The asshole cops were more worried about FCC violations than my call, worthless pricks. I ended up having to kill all those thieving bastards by myself, including an asshole that tried to steal Shelley Long from Tom Hanks several years earlier (actually, my buddy Al, a good cop, finished him off). The cops were definitely a part of the problem, not a part of the solution that night.

... But I did nail my wife that night.

Saulbadguy
02-01-2010, 06:22 PM
He should have tased you for having too large of a signature on Chiefsplanet.

BIG_DADDY
02-01-2010, 06:29 PM
There were some local cops that would come down and kick box with me, when I was a martial arts instructor at a health club here in town years ago. I always found it fun to be able to whip up on several cops and not get charged with assault. :D

Most would come in with a bullet proof attitude and leave a lot more humble, with their hat in their hand. They kept bringing in more of their friends and the "new guy" would step in and take a shot at the title. The ones who had been in the ring before would just stand off and watch and smile. I would lay in some decent shots, but never went full power, unless the guy standing across from me got really out of hand. I became good friends with a lot of cops that way and most of them turned out to be decent dudes.

Same thing in Jiu-Jitsu. I have rolled with a lot of cops from a lot of departments but none of them are CHP.

BIG_DADDY
02-01-2010, 07:10 PM
Great, so I guess this is going to be $150 now. Don't tell me our new fine schedule is not extortion.

Traffic Ticket Fines (01/06/2010)

Violation
Total Fine Due

VC 12814.6
$214

Failure to obey license provisions.

VC 14600(A)
$214

Failure to notify DMV of address change within 10 days

Note: The fine may be reduced with valid proof of correction.

VC 16028(A)
$796

Failure to provide evidence of financial responsibility (insurance)

Note: This fine may be reduced with proof of insurance on or after the violation date.

VC 21453(A)
$436

Failure to stop at a red signal.

VC 22350
$214

VC 22349

Unsafe Speed, 1 to 15 miles over the limit.

VC 22350
$328

VC 22349

Unsafe Speed, 16 to 25 miles over the limit.

VC 22450
$214

Failure to stop at a stop sign.

VC 22454(A)
$616

Passing a school bus with flashing red signals.

VC 23123(A)
$148

Drive using wireless phone not hands free, First offense

VC 23123(A)
$256

Drive using wireless phone not hands free, For each subsequent offense.

VC 23123.5(A)
$148

Drive while wireless device to send, read or write text.

VC 23124(B)
$148

Minor drive using wireless phone.

VC 22500(I)
$976

Parking in a bus loading area.

VC 22507.8(A through C)
$976

Violation of disabled parking provisions, first offense.

VC 22507.8(A through C)
$1876

Violation of disabled parking provisions, second offense.

VC 26708(A)
$178

Unlawful material on vehicle windows.

VC 27150(A and B)
$178

Adequate muffler required

VC 27315(D and E)
$148

Mandatory use of seat belts.

VC 27360(A and B)
$436

Mandatory use of child passenger restraints

Note: This fine may be reduced by completing a court authorized child seat diversion program.

VC 27400
$178

Headsets/Earplugs over both ears.

VC 27803 (A through C)
$178

Motorcycle safety helmet requirements.

VC 34506.3
$616

Commercial Driver - Log book violation

VC 4000(A)
$256

No evidence of current registration.

VC 4159
$178

Notify DMV of change of address within 10 days.

VC 5200
$178

Display of license plates.

VC 9400 (A through C)
$178

Simply Red
02-01-2010, 08:45 PM
it's seriously bullshit, brah. They seriously need to stop fucking w/ innocent professionals.

Buehler445
02-01-2010, 09:00 PM

LOL

You ought to "accidentally" snap one of them's nose.

TheGuardian
02-01-2010, 10:28 PM
Let me be clear. I have not sagged one day in my life. I've smoked weed nearly every day for 5 years now. Been pulled over numerous times late at night and have never had my car searched. You would think if it's so easy to tell I'm a stoner they would search my car. I also have a job that can drug test me anytime if they have reason to believe I'm on drugs, yet I haven't had one. You can say what you want but it doesn't change the facts. I say that I listen to rap music and wear my hat backwards and you assume that I am this little wigger walking around town. It's a pretty dumb assumption on your part.

Aren't you still the guy who said "I know my rights and he can't search my car" when in fact if he wanted to, he could find a reason?

Whether you've been searched yet or not is irrelevant. What we do know is, you're not smart enough to understand what a lawman can and can't do, and you drive around blaring rap music with a backwards hat on, transporting weed.

Put all of those together, and you're not coming across like the sharpest knife in the drawer.

POND_OF_RED
02-01-2010, 10:46 PM
Aren't you still the guy who said "I know my rights and he can't search my car" when in fact if he wanted to, he could find a reason?

Whether you've been searched yet or not is irrelevant. What we do know is, you're not smart enough to understand what a lawman can and can't do, and you drive around blaring rap music with a backwards hat on, transporting weed.

Put all of those together, and you're not coming across like the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Just because a cop can abuse his rights doesn't mean I don't know mine, it just means we live in a fucked up society. I like how the type of music I listen to and how I wear my hat defines my intelligence to you though. You just keep on your narrowminded path.

FAX
02-01-2010, 11:04 PM
Hmmm.

I had the understanding that a lot of people get off on possession charges by submitting a motion to the court that the car search was unconstitutional. In fact, I knew a couple of guys whose cases were dropped on that account. I knew them some time ago, though. Has the law changed?

FAX

POND_OF_RED
02-01-2010, 11:08 PM
Hmmm.

I had the understanding that a lot of people get off on possession charges by submitting a motion to the court that the car search was unconstitutional. In fact, I knew a couple of guys whose cases were dropped on that account. I knew them some time ago, though. Has the law changed?

FAX

They will as long as the defendant doesn't listen to rap music and leaves the tip of his cap above his eyeballs.

DaneMcCloud
02-01-2010, 11:16 PM
Great, so I guess this is going to be $150 now. Don't tell me our new fine schedule is not extortion.

Dude, I paid more than that for a parking ticket just two months ago.

They changed the hours of parking on Hollywood Blvd (and in Hollywood in general). I parked my car at 4pm, thinking I was good all night. I came out at 9:30 pm and my car was GONE.

So not only did I have to pay a $225 dollar parking ticket, I had to pay an additional $190 (plus cab fare) to retrieve my car.

$425 dollars. For a parking ticket!

Buehler445
02-02-2010, 06:05 AM
Dude, I paid more than that for a parking ticket just two months ago.

They changed the hours of parking on Hollywood Blvd (and in Hollywood in general). I parked my car at 4pm, thinking I was good all night. I came out at 9:30 pm and my car was GONE.

So not only did I have to pay a $225 dollar parking ticket, I had to pay an additional $190 (plus cab fare) to retrieve my car.

$425 dollars. For a parking ticket!

Burn that shit down.

TheGuardian
02-02-2010, 06:52 AM
Just because a cop can abuse his rights doesn't mean I don't know mine, it just means we live in a ****ed up society. I like how the type of music I listen to and how I wear my hat defines my intelligence to you though. You just keep on your narrowminded path.

You still don't get it. The cop isn't abusing his rights you dumbass. He is in fact working within the framework of the law. Second, you obviously don't know your rights because you say shit like "I know my rights and he can't search my car." Yes he can.

I never said how you wear your hat and the music you listen to defines how smart you are. I said fitting a profile while carrying weed combined with the fact that you think you have more rights than you do, makes you dumb.

POND_OF_RED
02-02-2010, 07:11 AM
You still don't get it. The cop isn't abusing his rights you dumbass. He is in fact working within the framework of the law. Second, you obviously don't know your rights because you say shit like "I know my rights and he can't search my car." Yes he can.

I never said how you wear your hat and the music you listen to defines how smart you are. I said fitting a profile while carrying weed combined with the fact that you think you have more rights than you do, makes you dumb.

So when I get pulled over and the cop gives no legitimate reason for pulling me over other than "I never got a chance to clock you but you looked like you were going fast so I thought I'd pull you over and see what you are all about." You think he can then have a right to search my car if he simply says he smells weed? You really think this is going to hold up in the court of law? Granted he could search my car but when it comes up in court that the reason he pulled me over was because "I looked suspicious" it all gets thrown out. You have to have a reason to pull someone over in this country. You can't just pull everyone over who "looks suspicious." I'm sorry if I'm not going to give into your idea that cops can do whatever the fuck they want in this country because they also have to deal with the laws of this country too in the court system. It's America, not motherland Russia we're talking about here.

TheGuardian
02-02-2010, 07:49 AM
So when I get pulled over and the cop gives no legitimate reason for pulling me over other than "I never got a chance to clock you but you looked like you were going fast so I thought I'd pull you over and see what you are all about." You think he can then have a right to search my car if he simply says he smells weed? You really think this is going to hold up in the court of law? Granted he could search my car but when it comes up in court that the reason he pulled me over was because "I looked suspicious" it all gets thrown out. You have to have a reason to pull someone over in this country. You can't just pull everyone over who "looks suspicious." I'm sorry if I'm not going to give into your idea that cops can do whatever the **** they want in this country because they also have to deal with the laws of this country too in the court system. It's America, not motherland Russia we're talking about here.

Then you don't know your rights. If the cop says he smells alcohol on you what does he do? Asks you to get out of the car and take a sobriety test. If you refuse a sobriety test what happens? They haul you in to the station.

If he smells weed on you what is he going to ask? To see if he can search the car. What happens if you say no? He will radio in a K-9 unit and if the dog gives the signal that there is weed in your car he then has the right to search it.

So like I said, you're young and stupid and don't really know what the fuck you are talking about. Your car is not an extension of your home. You don't have the kind of rights in your car that you think you do. And yes, it will hold up in a court of law. Otherwise lots of little ass wipes like you would contest it and win. But you don't win. So instead of arguing, try taking some advice. Don't ride around blaring your stupid fucking rap music with your hat on backwards WHILE transporting weed. If you don't have weed in the car, fine. If you do? Try not to draw attention to yourself.

Earthling
02-02-2010, 08:05 AM
So when I get pulled over and the cop gives no legitimate reason for pulling me over other than "I never got a chance to clock you but you looked like you were going fast so I thought I'd pull you over and see what you are all about." You think he can then have a right to search my car if he simply says he smells weed? You really think this is going to hold up in the court of law? Granted he could search my car but when it comes up in court that the reason he pulled me over was because "I looked suspicious" it all gets thrown out. You have to have a reason to pull someone over in this country. You can't just pull everyone over who "looks suspicious." I'm sorry if I'm not going to give into your idea that cops can do whatever the **** they want in this country because they also have to deal with the laws of this country too in the court system. It's America, not motherland Russia we're talking about here.

Hey welcome to America. They can and DO.

POND_OF_RED
02-02-2010, 10:48 AM
And yes, it will hold up in a court of law. Otherwise lots of little ass wipes like you would contest it and win. But you don't win.

:spock: You're pretty naive. There are several cases thrown out every year for illegal stop and seizure. It would be a pain in the ass and it would get tied up in the court room for a long time but if the lawyer can prove that the stop was unlawful then all evidence against the defendant gets thrown out in the court of law. Granted the officer could make up a reason for stopping me but then we're back to the officer abusing his rights.

TheGuardian
02-02-2010, 10:59 AM
:spock: You're pretty naive. There are several cases thrown out every year for illegal stop and seizure. It would be a pain in the ass and it would get tied up in the court room for a long time but if the lawyer can prove that the stop was unlawful then all evidence against the defendant gets thrown out in the court of law. Granted the officer could make up a reason for stopping me but then we're back to the officer abusing his rights.

LMAO you calling anyone in here naive when you're just a young dope smoking punk is pretty funny.

You don't have a damned clue as to what you're talking about and you prove that over and over again.

The fact is, the judge is going to side with the officer the majority of the time. Second, cops have a slew of LEGAL parameters to which they can draw from as to WHY they pulled you over. And they don't even have to PROVE IT. The only one who has proven nativity in this thread over and over again is you. You would have to conclusively prove that the cop pulled you over without cause. Again, note that cops have a huge parameter of things they can draw from to LEGALLY stop you. You are young and dumb, and if you keep thinking like you do you'll eventually learn the hard way.

POND_OF_RED
02-02-2010, 11:07 AM
The only one who has proven nativity in this thread over and over again is you.

ROFLROFLROFL You seem really smart. Please continue with your advice.

You were just saying how a cop can find a slew of reasons they pulled me over without proof of any of it. How is this not a description of a cop abusing his rights again?

Hammock Parties
02-11-2011, 05:18 PM
Do cops have nothing better to do? I got a warning for parking facing the wrong way on the street? Get a life, donut-eaters.

Dunit35
02-11-2011, 05:23 PM
Do cops have nothing better to do? I got a warning for parking facing the wrong way on the street? Get a life, donut-eaters.

Dont do something illegal and you won't get "warnings". The officer could have been a dickhead and given you a ticket.

BIG_DADDY
02-11-2011, 05:27 PM

I haven't had any problems in awhile. Since then I have only been pulled over once and considering I commute 350 miles one way constantly that is pretty good. I didn't get a ticket but got a warning because I didn't have my shoes on. I had no idea that was a fucking law. Who comes up with this shit? CHP is still WAY out of control out here, I am just over the top careful about everything.

BIG_DADDY
02-11-2011, 05:27 PM
Dont do something illegal and you won't get "warnings". The officer could have been a dickhead and given you a ticket.

Whatever.

DaneMcCloud
02-11-2011, 05:29 PM

It's called "Funding the local government".

At least you've never received a parking ticket in front of your own home.

FAX
02-11-2011, 05:30 PM
I hadn't yet tagged my brand-new $100 car and was stopped doing 56 in a 45 the other day. Not only were the tags out of date, I didn't have the registration or my insurance information in the car or on my person. The officer protected me, then he served me up a warning.

I think that's the first time in my life that I violated about 4 laws all at once and got away with a warning. I'm still a little stunned.

FAX

-King-
02-11-2011, 05:30 PM
I haven't had any problems in awhile. Since then I have only been pulled over once and considering I commute 350 miles one way constantly that is pretty good. I didn't get a ticket but got a warning because I didn't have my shoes on. I had no idea that was a fucking law. Who comes up with this shit? CHP is still WAY out of control out here, I am just over the top careful about everything.
You didn't have any shoes while doing what?
Posted via Mobile Device

BIG_DADDY
02-11-2011, 05:32 PM
You didn't have any shoes while doing what?
Posted via Mobile Device

Driving

DaneMcCloud
02-11-2011, 05:32 PM
I didn't get a ticket but got a warning because I didn't have my shoes on. I had no idea that was a fucking law.

That's been on the books for as long as I can remember, even as a teenager in Kansas.

I have no idea why it's a law but I've always known it's a law.

I always just keep a pair of flip-flops under my seat if I choose to drive barefoot (which is rare these days).

Hammock Parties
02-11-2011, 05:33 PM

The thing is I've been parking that way for MONTHS.

Fuck cops.

Hammock Parties
02-11-2011, 05:34 PM

I wasn't even THERE. The car was parked and had been sitting there all fucking day.

BIG_DADDY
02-11-2011, 05:34 PM

Many years ago I got a ticket for parking my morocycle in front of my house in my own walkway becase the rear tire still touched the sidewalk. No I am not kidding. I guess I just need to learn to obey the law. LMAO

-King-
02-11-2011, 05:36 PM
Driving

Do you have a transparent car?
Posted via Mobile Device

BIG_DADDY
02-11-2011, 05:36 PM
That's been on the books for as long as I can remember, even as a teenager in Kansas.

I always just keep a pair of flip-flops under my seat if I choose to drive barefoot (which is rare these days).

I gotta a 6 hour drive, no way I'm wearing shoes.

BIG_DADDY
02-11-2011, 05:38 PM
Do you have a transparent car?
Posted via Mobile Device

Got pulled over because he thought I was speeding when he looked in his rear view mirror. I am not sure how you pull that off from 300 yards away but whatever. He had no way to really verify it, saw I had a perfect record and was a nice conservative guy in my pickup and called it a day.

DaneMcCloud
02-11-2011, 05:39 PM
Many years ago I got a ticket for parking my morocycle in front of my house in my own walkway becase the rear tire still touched the sidewalk. No I am not kidding. I guess I just need to learn to obey the law. LMAO

We've received tickets in front of our home for parking further than 18" from the curb, even though there's a no street access for at least 10 feet due to the way the street was created down the hillside.

$45 dollars a pop. I think my wife's probably had five or six of them.

Also, since there's this little weird parking thing created by the street down the hillside, the city gives tickets if you pull in, which seems to be natural. Instead, the car has to be facing the flow of traffic, even though traffic isn't possible because of the empty lot next to us.

I've seen people ticketed for parking head-in, again, in front of my house, at least three dozen times since moving here in 2003. In a residential neighborhood. In the hills.

It's absurd.

DaneMcCloud
02-11-2011, 05:40 PM
I gotta a 6 hour drive, no way I'm wearing shoes.

I'm with you. Stash a pair of flip-flops under your front seat and put them on if you're ever pulled over again. It'll at least save you a few bucks.

R8RFAN
02-11-2011, 05:40 PM
I would have Rodney King 'd your ass right on the spot had you treated me that way.

HoneyBadger
02-11-2011, 05:44 PM

Profiling? How so?

BIG_DADDY
02-11-2011, 05:44 PM
We've received tickets in front of our home for parking further than 18" from the curb, even though there's a no street access for at least 10 feet due to the way the street was created down the hillside.

$45 dollars a pop. I think my wife's probably had five or six of them.

Also, since there's this little weird parking thing created by the street down the hillside, the city gives tickets if you pull in, which seems to be natural. Instead, the car has to be facing the flow of traffic, even though traffic isn't possible because of the empty lot next to us.

I've seen people ticketed for parking head-in, again, in front of my house, at least three dozen times since moving here in 2003. In a residential neighborhood. In the hills.

It's absurd.

Quite frankly I gotta say I have zero respect for trivial laws designed stricly to create income and harrass citizens. I don't buy into that they are just enforcing the laws either. I don't obey those laws either. I will continue to drive with my shoes off while I speak on my cell phone and watch a movie and could give a fuck about their law. Unfortunately I am sure it will cost me one day, it's the law of averages.

Dunit35
02-11-2011, 05:46 PM
The cops you guys deal with must be bored. No way I'd give notice to someone not wearing shoes or parking a few inches too far from the curb. As long as someone is not impeding traffic I don't have a problem with it. I'm more interested in drug related offenses, DUI's, speeders (10+), offenses along those lines.

|Zach|
02-11-2011, 05:46 PM
I wasn't even THERE. The car was parked and had been sitting there all ****ing day.

What does that matter?

BIG_DADDY
02-11-2011, 05:47 PM
I'm with you. Stash a pair of flip-flops under your front seat and put them on if you're ever pulled over again. It'll at least save you a few bucks.

I open my shoes extra wide so it's easy to get my foot in. They can't see shit cause my truck is too damn high. Appreciate the advice though. I will probably use it when I pick up a new ride either this year of next.

|Zach|
02-11-2011, 05:47 PM
My interactions with cops around here has always been pretty good. I have gotten a few tickets but never for anything I didn't do. They haven't ever been dicks to me.

BIG_DADDY
02-11-2011, 05:49 PM
The cops you guys deal with must be bored. No way I'd give notice to someone not wearing shoes or parking a few inches too far from the curb. As long as someone is not impeding traffic I don't have a problem with it. I'm more interested in drug related offenses, DUI's, speeders (10+), offenses along those lines.

Wish all cops were like that. Speaking of which, one of my childhood buddies just got busted with a 100 pounds of weed and a bunch of guns yesterday. His life's over.

BIG_DADDY
02-11-2011, 05:50 PM
My interactions with cops around here as always been pretty good. I have gotten a few tickets but never for anything I didn't do. They haven't ever been dicks to me.

Wait till they get a load of that Islamic beard you're sporting. Give em a chance.

HoneyBadger
dont have to answer one single question he asks, 5th ammendment is one of the most powerful things in the country. when he asks you all of those things he is "prying" into your life, to try to catch you up. next time he asks you all of the questions, say in a polite tone sir with all due respect I KNOW MY RIGHTS and i have somewhere to be. he will try and try to get you to talk, but you have the right not to.

Sorry, you can invoke Miranda rights prior to them being read to you. Supreme Court has said so.

R8RFAN
My interactions with cops around here as always been pretty good. I have gotten a few tickets but never for anything I didn't do. They haven't ever been dicks to me.

They like you because you probably blow them.

BIG_DADDY
02-11-2011, 05:51 PM

LMAO

|Zach|

You be the insult master.

Dunit35
I wasn't even THERE. The car was parked and had been sitting there all ****ing day.

Do you live in a small town? I never saw people get pulled over for small stuff until I moved to a small town. I wouldn't have noticed unless you were interfering with traffic.

|Zach|
02-11-2011, 05:52 PM
Wait till they get a load of that Islamic beard you're sporting. Give em a chance.

Haha. The beard is coming strong.

ElGringo
02-11-2011, 05:53 PM
I can still remember as a teenager driving a little red convertible, I don't think cops liked me. I can still remember one time I was driving back to the bowling alley where I had left my DL and got pulled over for reverse lights on in forward motion (car was just repaired after trunk was broken into and speakers stolen). I open the glove box and a ziplock baggie of spare screws fell out. The cops then have me pull into a parking lot, wait for backup and search my car. I had nothing at the time and had no problem other than the hassle and waste of time.

Hammock Parties
02-11-2011, 05:54 PM
Do you live in a small town? I never saw people get pulled over for small stuff until I moved to a small town. I wouldn't have noticed unless you were interfering with traffic.

This isn't even a main road I was parked on. Barely any traffic at all throughout the day.

Utter fucking bullshit.

R8RFAN
02-11-2011, 05:55 PM
You be the insult master.

They probably put doughnuts on their wieners and you go bobbing for doughnuts

|Zach|
02-11-2011, 05:56 PM
The probably put doughnuts on their wieners and you go bobbing for doughnuts

What?

HoneyBadger
02-11-2011, 05:58 PM
So when I get pulled over and the cop gives no legitimate reason for pulling me over other than "I never got a chance to clock you but you looked like you were going fast so I thought I'd pull you over and see what you are all about." You think he can then have a right to search my car if he simply says he smells weed? You really think this is going to hold up in the court of law? Granted he could search my car but when it comes up in court that the reason he pulled me over was because "I looked suspicious" it all gets thrown out. You have to have a reason to pull someone over in this country. You can't just pull everyone over who "looks suspicious." I'm sorry if I'm not going to give into your idea that cops can do whatever the fuck they want in this country because they also have to deal with the laws of this country too in the court system. It's America, not motherland Russia we're talking about here.

Yes. If you were speeding there is probable cause to pull you over. Then if he smells weed there is probable cause to search your vehicle. It will hold up in court, it has many times.

Dunit35
02-11-2011, 05:59 PM
Wish all cops were like that. Speaking of which, one of my childhood buddies just got busted with a 100 pounds of weed and a bunch of guns yesterday. His life's over.

Nothing like committing a felony while committing another felony. I wonder what kid of crimes he committed.

Possession w/ intent to sell
Possession of para
Trafficking if they can prove that
Possession of a firearm(s) while committing a felony.
The list probably goes on.

My K9 officer buddy would have an erection during the entire search.

He busted some college kid a few months back for these crimes. Dumbass had 56 plants in his trailer house w/n 1k feet of a school

DaneMcCloud
02-11-2011, 06:05 PM

I think it has more to do with the city of Los Angeles being poorly run and managed, leading the officials to over tax and over ticket.

Parking in Hollywood changed in the past two years as well. It used to be a dollar an hour or less for street parking. Now it's two dollars per hour. A ticket isn't $35 anymore, it's $95 dollars. Plus, they've all but completely disallowed parking on Hollywood Boulevard and other major streets after 6pm.

I got a ticket in 2009, unaware that they'd changed the laws after 15 or so years of living here and it cost me $95 for the ticket and $295 for the impound of my car, which was towed. I had to take a cab to the impound and the cab driver told me that he'd been dealing with pissed off motorists for weeks because they changed the law but failed to inform any one with notices. It's freakin' criminal.

Early last year, I ran out to my meter to fill it up and saw a cop writing a ticket. I said "Hey, I've got three minutes left". His response was "I'm not writing you up for the parking but you've got expired tags". So I said "Oh, with all this rain, I haven't put it on yet. Let me get it". I put the sticker on and he said "Too late. It's already in the computer".

$45 dollars.

Dunit35
02-11-2011, 06:05 PM
This isn't even a main road I was parked on. Barely any traffic at all throughout the day.

Utter ****ing bullshit.

The cop could have been a dick and given you a ticket. He didnt want to fill out the paperwork on it.

And according to what you're saying, I agree.

LiveSteam
02-11-2011, 06:08 PM
"with his hair properly high lighted "
I take offense to that

DaneMcCloud
02-11-2011, 06:11 PM
"with his hair properly high lighted "
I take offense to this

Then maybe you should stop highlighting your hair.

Dunit35
02-11-2011, 06:12 PM
I guess california has to make extra money somehow.

Are they patrol offcicers or meter workers? They seem to take it to the extreme. I see why there is so much hatred. If I ever run across you guys in Oklahoma w/o shoes, I'm going to mention little hints about chiefsplanet. So, I hope you guys figure them out. I'll let you write me a ticket to make up for all the extreme officers.

LiveSteam
02-11-2011, 06:13 PM
Then maybe you should stop highlighting your hair.

but then it would be gray. fuck that

http://img.listal.com/image/694899/600full-scott-%27carrot-top%27-thompson.jpg

Hammock Parties
02-11-2011, 06:16 PM
Damn, Julia Roberts has been working out.

DaneMcCloud
02-11-2011, 06:19 PM
I guess california has to make extra money somehow.

Are they patrol offcicers or meter workers? They seem to take it to the extreme. I see why there is so much hatred. If I ever run across you guys in Oklahoma w/o shoes, I'm going to mention little hints about chiefsplanet. So, I hope you guys figure them out. I'll let you write me a ticket to make up for all the extreme officers.

Eh, I don't "hate" them and I don't mind following the laws, as long as I'm aware of the laws.

As for parking, the city employs designated "Parking Enforcement" officers that either ride bicycles or drive a Toyota Prius. They're everywhere but at least the meters now except credit cards. Who wants to carry around $4.00 dollars worth of change in order to park for two hours?

BIG_DADDY
02-11-2011, 06:24 PM
Nothing like committing a felony while committing another felony. I wonder what kid of crimes he committed.

Possession w/ intent to sell
Possession of para
Trafficking if they can prove that
Possession of a firearm(s) while committing a felony.
The list probably goes on.

My K9 officer buddy would have an erection during the entire search.

He busted some college kid a few months back for these crimes. Dumbass had 56 plants in his trailer house w/n 1k feet of a school

They just surrounded his house and came in.

http://www.mailtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20110210/NEWS/102100312/1001/NEWS03

He needs to bail out and leave the country, Too stupid to have a backup plan I am sure.

Chiefnj2
02-11-2011, 06:29 PM

Actually, I'm pretty sure that isn't the law.

cdcox
02-11-2011, 06:33 PM
I've been pulled over like 4 times for non-wreck situations:

First time I (accidentally) ran a roadblock related to an emergency in downtown KC. My dad called the police department and the ticket was torn up.

Second time I got pulled over by Gladstone's finest for a bad muffler. I paid the ticket. Those guys are nazis.

Third time was in northern MO. My girlfriend (now wife) knew the cop and he let me off with a warning.

Those were all before I was 21. I was pulled over a few years ago in Indiana or Ill. The cop said "You weren't going like 95 miles an hour were you?" Me:"No." Him: "Sorry, wrong car."

Dunit35
02-11-2011, 06:42 PM
Actually, I'm pretty sure that isn't the law.

Use to be a law in Kansas.

Dunit35
02-11-2011, 06:47 PM
They just surrounded his house and came in.

http://www.mailtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20110210/NEWS/102100312/1001/NEWS03

He needs to bail out and leave the country, Too stupid to have a backup plan I am sure.

Whoops, looks like they are going to get him for trafficking. He was actually doing all the work? Making it and what not. Atleast he went all out and got the Feds involved.

BIG_DADDY
02-11-2011, 06:58 PM
Whoops, looks like they are going to get him for trafficking. He was actually doing all the work? Making it and what not. Atleast he went all out and got the Feds involved.

He's a dumbass. He started out doing all the things right getting a license and all keeping it legit and then wanted to go all out. I have a good friend who still speaks to him all the time. I haven't talked to Richy in like over 25 years. My buddy was trying to talk him out of going down that path. I am sure there is a snitch involved but it's irrelevant now. Fortunately he didn't have any kids. Go back two years ago the guy was starting his own business putting in solar panels on houses when he stopped thinking this was a better way. Dumbass never realized the biggest problem now isn't growing on the West Coast it's finding a buyer. The entire West Coast is saturated. Police departments would be wise to concentrate on the transportation of goods out of here. Then again I think it's stupid to have not made it legal at this point.

ChiefsLV
02-11-2011, 07:28 PM
What am I doing? Where am I going? Why am I not wearing my seatbelt? What is my residency? Have I ever been arrested before? What for? Am I on drugs? Have I been drinking this evening? WTF?

Same thing happened to me a few months ago in North Las Vegas. NLVPD is notorious for this kinda stuff though. The thing is, it was 5:30 in the morning on a weekday and I was driving to work dressed in my business casual: slacks and collared button down shirt. I was kind of shocked he was asking me stuff like if I had been taking any drugs, did I have any in the car, etc. He had only pulled me out for a tail-light being out so he let me go with a warning.

BigRedChief
02-11-2011, 07:36 PM
If I'm pulled over by a cop and don't answer all his questions truthfully and quickly, follow any direction, I can be fired. So its a little different situation for me than most people.

huffmd15
02-11-2011, 09:20 PM
Oh yea. Cops have used the seat belt delio to harrass the **** out of innocent citizens BIG TIME ever since the law came out.

If by harrass you mean giving the deserved attention to some folks, then yes you are right. 99% of the people dealt with by the police have ASKED to be contacted. They just may not have realized they ASKED to be contacted at that particular time.

Don't want to be "harrassed" by the cops while driving?

Don't drive like a fool.
Don't throw your trash, including your cigarette butts out the window.
Use your turn signals.
If you live in a state where the seatbelt law is a primary stop, wear the damn thing.

There's also ways to prevent being "harassed" by the police while doing other things...but that's another show.

rtmike
02-11-2011, 09:24 PM
Can anybody answer me this? If a security guard asks for your driver's license, do you have to oblige?

Even if said wannabe is packin' heat? That doesn't make him anymore special, maybe a license to carry but BFD?

Bob Dole
02-11-2011, 10:21 PM
Same thing happened to me a few months ago in North Las Vegas. NLVPD is notorious for this kinda stuff though. The thing is, it was 5:30 in the morning on a weekday and I was driving to work dressed in my business casual: slacks and collared button down shirt. I was kind of shocked he was asking me stuff like if I had been taking any drugs, did I have any in the car, etc. He had only pulled me out for a tail-light being out so he let me go with a warning.

You have out of state tags?

BIG_DADDY
02-11-2011, 11:13 PM

No way I drive in Vegas unless I live there. I have a friend who runs a health club out there who is the most consevative person you ever met in your life. He told me some horror story years ago I would fuck up if I tried to repeat for you but that lasting impression still stays with me today.

BIG_DADDY
02-11-2011, 11:15 PM
If by harrass you mean giving the deserved attention to some folks, then yes you are right. 99% of the people dealt with by the police have ASKED to be contacted. They just may not have realized they ASKED to be contacted at that particular time.

Don't want to be "harrassed" by the cops while driving?

Don't drive like a fool.
Don't throw your trash, including your cigarette butts out the window.
Use your turn signals.
If you live in a state where the seatbelt law is a primary stop, wear the damn thing.

There's also ways to prevent being "harassed" by the police while doing other things...but that's another show.

Thanks for the lecture Supernewb. :thumb:

googlegoogle
02-11-2011, 11:22 PM
seat belt laws are stupid(maybe not for fiscal purposes)

We never needed them before.

If you want to cocoon yourself in foam too- go ahead.

stevieray
02-11-2011, 11:25 PM
I got an expired tag ticket in the major metropolis of Platte Woods..Court was at 730pm in a rented space at the end of a strip mall...Judge appeared to about 28..looked a litlle nervous, had to read about the Court proceedings...seemed kind of Mickey Mouse until the fine: $100.

TrebMaxx
02-11-2011, 11:39 PM
I was pulled over a few months ago for doing 48 in a 35. First time in over 25 years since my last ticket. I knew I was speeding but I was just going along with the traffic flow during the morning commute. I knew that he had me so I was very respectful and claimed no excuse, just trying to get to work and running behind, blah, blah. Gave him my license and when getting my proof of insurance I realized that my current card was collecting dust on our breakfast bar. He took my license and outdated insurance card back to his car and did his cop thing on his radio. I was really thinking great, speeding ticket and a failure to insure ticket were on the way. He came back and said don't go 10 + over and you won't get pulled over, I am sure you are insured and have a nice day. No ticket! Couldn't believe it. Plus I don't have a front plate on my car so basically I was let off for three infractions. Good day indeed.

DaneMcCloud
02-11-2011, 11:39 PM
I got an expired tag ticket in the major metropolis of Platte Woods..Court was at 730pm in a rented space at the end of a strip mall...Judge appeared to about 28..looked a litlle nervous, had to read about the Court proceedings...seemed kind of Mickey Mouse until the fine: $100.

Ouch!

rtmike
02-12-2011, 12:13 AM
I was pulled over a few months ago for doing 48 in a 35. First time in over 25 years since my last ticket. I knew I was speeding but I was just going along with the traffic flow during the morning commute. I knew that he had me so I was very respectful and claimed no excuse, just trying to get to work and running behind, blah, blah. Gave him my license and when getting my proof of insurance I realized that my current card was collecting dust on our breakfast bar. He took my license and outdated insurance card back to his car and did his cop thing on his radio. I was really thinking great, speeding ticket and a failure to insure ticket were on the way. He came back and said don't go 10 + over and you won't get pulled over, I am sure you are insured and have a nice day. No ticket! Couldn't believe it. Plus I don't have a front plate on my car so basically I was let off for three infractions. Good day indeed.

Wow, lucky you. I've been told more than once from l.e.o.s' that it's all in your attitude towards them. :thumb:

Baby Lee
02-12-2011, 06:19 AM

FAX

I have a buddy who did something similar, only it was closer quarters [ie, surface streets, NB Hanley into Clayton for those familiar with St. Louis], and he made use of his RF parking card to zip into underground parking.

Pretty ballsy considering if the officer had caught even a glance of him slipping in there he'd be a fish in a barrel.

Over-Head
02-12-2011, 07:20 AM
Not sure if teh best part of Cali was seeing the sign "welcome to Nevada", or looking at the CA state line in my mirrors

Never had much dealing with anything other than D.O.T cops who for the most part young OR old were total fuggen azzholes.

Just yesterday I saw a cop plow into a snow drift, stopped as he was getting out, asked if he was alright.
When told he was, he then said,
" how about I hook a rope to your truck, and you haul me out of here, I'm on my way home for supper."

I said How about you kiss my ass, after stopping me last week to tell me I was 5km (2mph) over the limit headding to the ferry, and letting me miss it, so I could sit and wait another 2 hours for my supper..
Call tripple A, I did my duty of not leaving the scene of an accident, rolled up the window and drove away.

Extra Point
02-12-2011, 08:39 AM
seat belt laws are stupid(maybe not for fiscal purposes)

We never needed them before.

If you want to cocoon yourself in foam too- go ahead.

That's the most retarded post that I've seen in a while.

Thanks.

Iowanian
02-12-2011, 10:52 AM
Early this winter, after one of my good friends was killed, we had a gathering of classmates at an about-to-open new bar.

Given that I was grieving, and with some old buddies....and someone had ordered a shot for all of our classmates(living, dead, attending and missing) and they were gone, and I was drinking with purpose, I was as ripped as I've been in years.

Anyway, fairly late into the night, a gal from my class introduces me to her boyfriend. I'm looking at the guy and it clicks....and I say "You're Trooper #**"
he laughs and says "I was"......

I lit into him about what an asshole he used to be, probably not on a level that would surprise people here, but maybe some in real life. I'd been in his car before when I was young and he was an asshole, just to be an asshole. He finally pretty much said "yeah, I was, but that job will do that to you".

In my profession and some other things I do, I've worked or spent quite a bit of time with cops on committees etc. Basically, what I have been told several times is that when you deal with the dregs and malcontents of society all day long, and people lie to you all.day.long you pretty much get to a point where you assume the worst in people.

Pablo
02-12-2011, 10:58 AM
Dont do something illegal and you won't get "warnings". The officer could have been a dickhead and given you a ticket.Yeah, brah.

Obey the law at all costs. Don't wanna fuck around and park the wrong way.

SOMEBODY COULD GET KILLED BECAUSE OF THAT!!!

Radar Chief
02-12-2011, 11:41 AM

FAX

My only running from the cops moment was in Germany.
I was on my motorcycle headed south on the B10 from Wurzburg to Giebelstadt, where I was stationed at the time, doing a good 140 KPH in an 80 KPH zone when a Polizi went by headed the opposite direction. He flipped his lights on and I saw brake lights in my mirrors so I kicked it down a couple of gears, pinned the throttle and that's the last I ever saw of them. I don't even know if he actually turned around or not.
Still, I wasted no time getting back to base, ran up to my room to grab my bike cover and ran out the door telling my room mate, "If anyone asks I've been here all day."
So it was actually wasn't that big of a deal other than my room mate laughing about it for the next 6 months.

BIG_DADDY
02-12-2011, 02:58 PM
My only running from the cops moment was in Germany.
I was on my motorcycle headed south on the B10 from Wurzburg to Giebelstadt, where I was stationed at the time, doing a good 140 KPH in an 80 KPH zone when a Polizi went by headed the opposite direction. He flipped his lights on and I saw brake lights in my mirrors so I kicked it down a couple of gears, pinned the throttle and that's the last I ever saw of them. I don't even know if he actually turned around or not.
Still, I wasted no time getting back to base, ran up to my room to grab my bike cover and ran out the door telling my room mate, "If anyone asks I've been here all day."
So it was actually wasn't that big of a deal other than my room mate laughing about it for the next 6 months.

If you are more than a couple hundred yards back I didn't see you and I'm not stopping. That was the motorcycle moto of my youth. I am lucky to still be alive.

crazycoffey
02-12-2011, 05:24 PM

I would be in total agreement with this, make them work or join the military first

Dunit35
02-12-2011, 05:35 PM
I would be in total agreement with this, make them work or join the military first

Here in Oklahoma, they raised the trooper requirements to age 23 instead of 21.

-King-
02-12-2011, 09:24 PM
Heh, the young cops are the best to me. Both of my warnings have come from cops in their lower 20s.

Hammock Parties
02-15-2011, 04:18 PM
Informative videos.

<object width="853" height="510"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/z_ckcdtQ95w?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/z_ckcdtQ95w?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="510"></embed></object>

<object width="853" height="510"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3kVX6NIPzB0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3kVX6NIPzB0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="510"></embed></object>

<object width="853" height="510"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/q6hzZclbjLk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/q6hzZclbjLk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="510"></embed></object>

Radar Chief
02-15-2011, 04:39 PM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XujaB4HkBgE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>