PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Has Haley or Pioli recently said anything definitive about our LT Brandon Albert ?

googlegoogle
01-31-2010, 05:24 PM
I think they like him at left tackle. I know half the mocks have us taking Okung.

kstater
01-31-2010, 05:27 PM
They said last week they're sliding him over to his natural LG position.

Titty Meat
01-31-2010, 05:29 PM
Why would Hali have anything to say about Albert?

Bane
01-31-2010, 05:29 PM
Haley said he'd make one hell of a FB in short yardage situations.ROFL
I doubt Tamba Hali gives a shit though.

noa
01-31-2010, 05:30 PM
They said they'd wait until 2/3rds of the mocks tell us who to draft

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-31-2010, 05:33 PM
Haley said he needs to come to camp next year another 50 pounds lighter.

googlegoogle
01-31-2010, 05:35 PM
Why would Hali have anything to say about Albert?

STFU ROFL

bevischief
01-31-2010, 06:05 PM
trade bait.

Chiefaholic
01-31-2010, 06:15 PM
Albert played well enough to allow the franchise to look at drafting a playmaker this season. Berry at 5, Cody at 2a (if he falls), and Damian Williams at 2b. then we can look at picking of Center and Guard in rounds 3-5 (depending who's still on the board)

KCUnited
01-31-2010, 06:19 PM
@bigtunanipplefeeder 3:17PM Looking forward to what Branden can bring to the 2nd half onside kick hands team next year.

DaWolf
01-31-2010, 06:20 PM
When Haley said in his season ending press conference that Albert was a core player "in some fashion" for this team, it made me think he wasn't really sure he's going to stay at LT. Otherwise, I would expect a bit more of a ringing endorsement, such as "He is a key player at that left tackle position for us moving forward."

POND_OF_RED
01-31-2010, 06:25 PM
In the past year of watching these two deal with the media, what would give you the impression that they are ever going to say something definitive about any of their players?

Ralphy Boy
01-31-2010, 07:01 PM
When Haley said in his season ending press conference that Albert was a core player "in some fashion" for this team, it made me think he wasn't really sure he's going to stay at LT. Otherwise, I would expect a bit more of a ringing endorsement, such as "He is a key player at that left tackle position for us moving forward."

I wondered the same thing.http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=6418847&highlight=branden+albert#post6418847

Mr. Laz
01-31-2010, 07:13 PM
no, and they shouldn't say anything ... you don't show your hand before the Draft/FA.

DeezNutz
01-31-2010, 07:16 PM
no, and they shouldn't say anything ... you don't show your hand before the Draft/FA.

No doubt.

Imagine how poorly Pioli would have drafted last year if he'd let things slip.

Mr. Laz
01-31-2010, 07:20 PM
No doubt.

Imagine how poorly Pioli would have drafted last year if he'd let things slip.
is there really a point to always slipping this type stuff in all the time?

do you amuse yourself or you just trying to see if you can irritate people?

DeezNutz
01-31-2010, 07:23 PM
is there really a point to always slipping this type stuff in all the time?

do you amuse yourself or you just trying to see if you can irritate people?

If mocking the importance and effectiveness of the super-secret nature of "the Patriot way" annoys you, it's not really my problem.

"Pssst, we have a promising young LT." /Pioli

It's not going to change shit, unlike letting news of an extension slip. Now that might mean something, but we learned that the hard way, while Pioli was holed up with one other scrub.

Chiefaholic
01-31-2010, 07:28 PM
Glass half empty as normal.. Some people's everyday life must be extremely miserable. But, Albert played well after adjusting to the weight loss. Albert stays at tackle, a guard/center can be found in the 3rd to 5th round, and we need playmakers on both sides of the ball.

Mr. Laz
01-31-2010, 07:28 PM
If mocking the importance and effectiveness of the super-secret nature of "the Patriot way" annoys you, it's not really my problem.

"Pssst, we have a promising young LT." /Pioli

It's not going to change shit, unlike letting news of an extension slip. Now that might mean something, but we learned that the hard way, while Pioli was holed up with one other scrub.
so you think Pioli should just announce "our LT is fine so we won't be taking an LT in the 1st round" before the draft because it just doesn't matter?

or

"Hey everyone we are commited to Tamba Hali as our rushbacker so don't worry about us drafting Brandon Graham"

DeezNutz
01-31-2010, 07:32 PM
so you think Pioli should just announce "our LT is fine so we won't be taking an LT in the 1st round" before the draft because it just doesn't matter?

or

"Hey everyone we are commited to Tamba Hali as our rushbacker so don't worry about us drafting Brandon Graham"

Common sense can be the guide.

This is what tells us that moving Albert would be ridiculous and that Hali is not the answer at his current position.

Same reason that Detroit doesn't need to announce that Stafford is their QB of the future/present. Some things are (or should be) self evident.

Mr. Laz
01-31-2010, 07:40 PM
Common sense can be the guide.

This is what tells us that moving Albert would be ridiculous and that Hali is not the answer at his current position.

Same reason that Detroit doesn't need to announce that Stafford is their QB of the future/present. Some things are (or should be) self evident.
these are your opinions, which is fine but not even the point.

in your haste to mock everything Pioli you're overlooking that fact that every GM on every team should keep his personnel plans close to the vest so that other teams don't know who they are going to draft.

if can help avoid teams trading up right in front of you and/or the value you can get if you want to trade.

If the other team knows you really need X then they are more likely to try and squeeze you for a trade.

dunno why i'm bothering...

DeezNutz
01-31-2010, 07:44 PM
I'm not overlooking anything, which was the point of my original post: it didn't matter last year, thus it might not this year. Obvious implication: Pioli is dumb as fuck.

Lighten up, Francis.

When Pioli doesn't shit all over himself for a bit, I'll be happy to stop taking jabs at him. Until then...