Titty Meat
01-31-2010, 10:41 PM
Per Adam Schefter

SLAG
01-31-2010, 10:46 PM
Quick Sign Ryan Sims.....

Red Dawg
01-31-2010, 10:49 PM
Break the bank and get him and Wilfork! This will put us in the SB!

The Bad Guy
01-31-2010, 10:51 PM
He's a dominant force when he wants to be.

He would fit very well here.

However, I don't know if we should tie up 30 million guaranteed on someone over 30.

Titty Meat
01-31-2010, 10:52 PM
He's a dominant force when he wants to be.

He would fit very well here.

However, I don't know if we should tie up 30 million guaranteed on someone over 30.

Theres no salary cap and i'm tired of losing. Fuck it sign him.

The Bad Guy
01-31-2010, 10:54 PM
Theres no salary cap and i'm tired of losing. **** it sign him.

You're right there is no cap.

However, there will be eventually and Clark isn't just going to give out blank checks with no budget.

I wouldn't complain at all if we signed him though.

MoreLemonPledge
01-31-2010, 10:56 PM
He is a proven force in the 3-4 scheme.

Oh, wait...

The Bad Guy
01-31-2010, 10:56 PM
I actually think Pepper's athleticism would fit very very well in a 3-4.

milkman
01-31-2010, 10:58 PM
I actually think Pepper's athleticism would fit very very well in a 3-4.

I don't think there are many who feel differently.

Mr_Tomahawk
01-31-2010, 10:59 PM
Warning: Tard-question alert coming...

So...with this uncapped...CBA hoopla that is going on...When does FA signing begin? How soon would a team be able to sign Peppers as they desired?

MoreLemonPledge
01-31-2010, 10:59 PM
You wouldn't give a guy that much money to play in a scheme in which he has no experience. That's a huge gamble.

petegz28
01-31-2010, 11:00 PM
Mixed emoitons. I want him. But not at $30 mil for someone over 30 and never been in a 3-4.

Titty Meat
01-31-2010, 11:01 PM
Warning: Tard-question alert coming...

So...with this uncapped...CBA hoopla that is going on...When does FA signing begin? How soon would a team be able to sign Peppers as they desired?

I think free agency is like March 5th this year? I could be wrong. If a team wanted to sign Peppers it's like normal free agency the Panthers have until the deadline to offer him a contract and if he refuses he'd be a free agent.

RustShack
Ty Law of the DLine. Get it done Carl!

The Bad Guy
You wouldn't give a guy that much money to play in a scheme in which he has no experience. That's a huge gamble.

His skill set is one where I would feel pretty confident he could transition.

He's a speed guy. He drops in coverage from time to time. It's not like he's going to be put on an island. He's going to most passing downs go after the QB.

Titty Meat

Pioli signed a backup QB whos played 1 season to a 63 million dollar contract.

MoreLemonPledge
01-31-2010, 11:04 PM
Pioli signed a backup QB whos played 1 season to a 63 million dollar contract.

Who plays in an offense that is/will be similar to the one he ran in New England, where he learned the system for a number of years. Pioli was as close to Cassell as anyone, so he knew what he had.

The same cannot be said of Peppers.

Titty Meat
01-31-2010, 11:10 PM
Who plays in an offense that is/will be similar to the one he ran in New England, where he learned the system for a number of years. Pioli was as close to Cassell as anyone, so he knew what he had.

The same cannot be said of Peppers.

If Hali can play the 3-4 defense Peppers can. Like I said in the Draftplanet Peppers coupled with a few good draft picks on defense this can be the best Chiefs defense in a long time.

MoreLemonPledge
01-31-2010, 11:12 PM
If Hali can play the 3-4 defense Peppers can. Like I said in the Draftplanet Peppers coupled with a few good draft picks on defense this can be the best Chiefs defense in a long time.

He may very well be successful, and there's no doubt that he could help our team, but it's still a big gamble. He'll want to be the highest paid defensive end in the league even though he'll be 30, in a new scheme, and just came off a season where he was clearly unmotivated.

Titty Meat
01-31-2010, 11:14 PM
He may very well be successful, and there's no doubt that he could help our team, but it's still a big gamble. He'll want to be the highest paid defensive end in the league even though he'll be 30, in a new scheme, and just came off a season where he was clearly unmotivated.

Look at how the Patriots and Pioli work with free agents. They usually sign Linebackers to big contracts and older players. Wether or not I agree with it thats the way they do it. When you're 6-26 the last few years you have to gamble.

Brock
01-31-2010, 11:16 PM
I'd put the chances of this being relevant to KC at around .09%.

RustShack
01-31-2010, 11:19 PM
Look at how the Patriots and Pioli work with free agents. They usually sign Linebackers to big contracts and older players. Wether or not I agree with it thats the way they do it. When you're 6-26 the last few years you have to gamble.

Are you talking about Thomas? After they were an established dominate team?

RustShack
01-31-2010, 11:19 PM

No ones doubting Peppers can play it... its paying a player on the decline twice what he was making in his prime.

Titty Meat
01-31-2010, 11:20 PM
Are you talking about Thomas? After they were an established dominate team?

So are you suggesting if Peppers is a free agent the Chiefs won't try to sign him? If he wants to sign here is another story.

RustShack
01-31-2010, 11:23 PM
So are you suggesting if Peppers is a free agent the Chiefs won't try to sign him? If he wants to sign here is another story.

Depends on what kind of a contract his willing to accept. If he wants a long term big big money contract than I doubt we sign him. If its like say a three year deal or something weird like the pay goes down instead of up every year then I could see us making an effort. I'm sure someone of his age and caliber would rather go to a team thats a contender right now though.

Titty Meat
01-31-2010, 11:26 PM
Hey I have a question since the CBA is up next year if Peppers did sign a long term deal this year would his contract be guarnteed?

Ralphy Boy
01-31-2010, 11:39 PM
I'm sure someone of his age and caliber would rather go to a team thats a contender right now though.

Jets? Steelers?

oh wait, it just hit me...Broncos.

FloridaMan88
02-01-2010, 12:32 AM
The fact that an uncapped year means no team salary minimum will be very appealing to Clark.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-01-2010, 12:39 AM
Given that he prefers to play in a 4-3, I'd imagine he'll be working for the Redskins soon.

MoreLemonPledge
02-01-2010, 12:47 AM
Given that he prefers to play in a 4-3, I'd imagine he'll be working for the Redskins soon.

Yeah, but there's a chance they're switching to the 3-4 anyway.

Mastashake
02-01-2010, 12:49 AM
We SHOULD NOT get Peppers. This is crazy. He'll be a ton of money and will make no significant improvement. At least not enough to get to the playoffs or SB which is all that matters.

FA is for good teams trying to be great, or great teams trying to stay that way. A team as weak as ours needs to build from the draft and not be overly outrageous with our spending.

-King-
02-01-2010, 12:49 AM

Prefers? He said that he would like to play in a 3-4.

-King-
02-01-2010, 12:50 AM
We SHOULD NOT get Peppers. This is crazy. He'll be a ton of money and will make no significant improvement. At least not enough to get to the playoffs or SB which is all that matters.

FA is for good teams trying to be great, or great teams trying to stay that way. A team as weak as ours needs to build from the draft and not be overly outrageous with our spending.

Ok Herm.

KCrockaholic
02-01-2010, 12:50 AM
Yeah, but there's a chance they're switching to the 3-4 anyway.

Yep. This.

L.A. Chieffan
02-01-2010, 12:54 AM
He could play in the 3-4. Easily. We would be stupid to not even be in the running. Having said that he wont be here

Mastashake
02-01-2010, 01:16 AM
Ok Herm.

I'm no Herm. I'm actually rather aggressive. But I'm also a fairly intelligent businessman and I know that spending a lot of money on one person at this point isn't the way to the playoffs. We need, young players from the draft. Not a bunch of outrageously-priced middle-aged athletes who will only provide temporary (3-4 years) help.

Mecca
02-01-2010, 01:46 AM
If there's no cap I hope the Chiefs spend 500 million dollars on players, it's not like there's a cap hell to worry about.

BryanBusby
02-01-2010, 01:49 AM
Unless a new CBA goes into place after teams make it rain. I think you'll see a lot more teams dumping overpaid turds than handing out Haynesworth type of deals.

Mastashake
02-01-2010, 01:52 AM
If there's no cap I hope the Chiefs spend 500 million dollars on players, it's not like there's a cap hell to worry about.

If we spend 500 mil, Washington will spend a Bil. We are a small-market team. We are one of the teams who are going to get f*cked in the ass without lube unless we have a cap.

You know how the AL East almost always has the wild card team, and half the time is in the series? That will be the NFC East. The AFC will be a bit more spread out, but there will be some severe inequality.

Mecca
02-01-2010, 01:53 AM
Unless a new CBA goes into place after teams make it rain. I think you'll see a lot more teams dumping overpaid turds than handing out Haynesworth type of deals.

Possibly a mix of both...it benefits teams that have important players to resign though.

Last I heard Washington was going to switch to a 3-4, so there ya go with all the moves this offseason half the league has literally switched to 3-4.

POND_OF_RED
02-01-2010, 02:01 AM
I'll be pissed off if I hear Pioli even considers this move. You don't just throw away a top 5 pick after one year of learning the system. Especially if you are going to scrap one of them for a guy 10 years older who would in turn have less experience in the 3-4 then they do. It's a popular name but I'd much rather stick with what we have. I don't think our Rookie DE's are the main problem on this defense.

Mecca
02-01-2010, 02:03 AM
I'll be pissed off if I hear Pioli even considers this move. You don't just throw away a top 5 pick after one year of learning the system. Especially if you are going to scrap one of them for a guy 10 years older who would in turn have less experience in the 3-4 then they do. It's a popular name but I'd much rather stick with what we have. I don't think our Rookie DE's are the main problem on this defense.

How is this throwing a way a top 5 pick? Your post doesn't make any sense.

Peppers would play standing in a 3-4 he and Jackson have shit to do with each other.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-01-2010, 02:04 AM
What is Peppers going to play LB? Dorsey and Jackson aren't going anywhere. Nor should they.

Mecca
02-01-2010, 02:04 AM
If we spend 500 mil, Washington will spend a Bil. We are a small-market team. We are one of the teams who are going to get f*cked in the ass without lube unless we have a cap.

You know how the AL East almost always has the wild card team, and half the time is in the series? That will be the NFC East. The AFC will be a bit more spread out, but there will be some severe inequality.

It's already like that, unless the Chiefs turn into a premier drafting team like Pittsburgh or Green Bay they are not going to outbid the big market teams for premier FA's, hell we've never even tried to do it before, the Chiefs are a bit cheap at times.

POND_OF_RED
02-01-2010, 02:05 AM
How is this throwing a way a top 5 pick? Your post doesn't make any sense.

Peppers would play standing in a 3-4 he and Jackson have shit to do with each other.

OK so you move him to LB where he still has no experience. How is that any better?

salame
02-01-2010, 02:05 AM
I don't think some people understand the way the 3-4 works
lol

BryanBusby
02-01-2010, 02:06 AM
Yeah, I guess he thought Peppers would be a 3-4 end.... I don't think it matters anyhow, as Seattle will probably spend entirely too much to land him.

Mecca
02-01-2010, 02:07 AM
I don't think some people understand the way the 3-4 works
lol

Pretty much....

Mecca
02-01-2010, 02:09 AM
OK so you move him to LB where he still has no experience. How is that any better?

Well I dunno, anyone you draft is going to be the same thing...we just watched a bunch of guys play standing up that never had before, hell Dumervil did it and had a career year.

BryanBusby
02-01-2010, 02:11 AM
Outside of standing up before the snap, there wouldn't be much of a difference for Peppers. The Panthers dropped him into coverage quite a bit and he actually did well.

salame
02-01-2010, 02:13 AM
The thing people don't seem to get is that by drafting a college DE and paying them a shit ton of money you are still taking a risk.
But the most important thing to remember is that there is probably a 5% chance he comes here anyway. He will want to go to San Diego, Miami, Dallas somewhere with an ok team or a chance to get paid well. He says he wants to play standing up but he will play in a pink tutu with a dog mask for a helmet, and change his name to Hot Peppers if you pay him enough money.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-01-2010, 02:13 AM
Peppers has stated he wants to play in a 3-4. I just didn't know that he wanted to shift to linebacker. I think he would be a great rush backer. If that's the case, get his ass in here. He's got 5 years left. Pay the man.

Mecca
02-01-2010, 02:15 AM
He'd be wasted as an end in a 3-4, you really think he'd want to just tie up blockers?

Also teams like Dallas and San Diego can't sign him if there's no cap unless they clear the money, remember how that rule works.

salame
02-01-2010, 02:16 AM
He'd be wasted as an end in a 3-4, you really think he'd want to just tie up blockers?

Also teams like Dallas and San Diego can't sign him if there's no cap unless they clear the money, remember how that rule works.

If Miami lets porter walk he will be a dolphin faster than you can say tuna

Mecca
02-01-2010, 02:18 AM
Doubt it, Washington is the team that is going to take advantage of a no cap year.

If they switch to 3-4 I won't be at all surprised if they go throwing money at Peppers and Seymour and start cutting a ton of the bad contracts they have.

This is basically their chance to start over.

salame
02-01-2010, 02:28 AM
Doubt it, Washington is the team that is going to take advantage of a no cap year.

If they switch to 3-4 I won't be at all surprised if they go throwing money at Peppers and Seymour and start cutting a ton of the bad contracts they have.

This is basically their chance to start over.

well, I can't disagree there
they love to throw money

Mecca
02-01-2010, 02:31 AM
well, I can't disagree there
they love to throw money

It makes sense for them, they always have the money to use, now they can do it with no fear of a cap, the underperforming highly paid guys can be released.

Shanahan really picked the perfect time to take that job, he can mold that team in whatever way he wants with all the cash he needs.

salame
02-01-2010, 02:34 AM
It makes sense for them, they always have the money to use, now they can do it with no fear of a cap, the underperforming highly paid guys can be released.

Shanahan really picked the perfect time to take that job, he can mold that team in whatever way he wants with all the cash he needs.

Cutting Portis should free up some money

POND_OF_RED
02-01-2010, 02:34 AM
I'd much rather take a guy like Sergio Kindle or Jerry Hughes in the draft. A lot cheaper and you can get about 10 more years out of them. I just don't like overpaying for players over 30 when were still a ways from being a true competitor.

Mecca
02-01-2010, 02:35 AM
Who says Kindle and Hughes won't be scrubs?

And the Chiefs have no chance at getting Kindle unless you want to pick him 5th.

salame
02-01-2010, 02:35 AM
I'd much rather take a guy like Sergio Kindle or Jerry Hughes in the draft. A lot cheaper and you can get about 10 more years out of them. I just don't like overpaying for players over 30 when were still a ways from being a true competitor.

what if both of those guys suck?
look we are talking about a null issue anyway he will not be a chief

Mecca
02-01-2010, 02:37 AM
Look I like the draft as much as anyone but if you want to build the entire team that way and are going to turn your nose up at every FA, we're looking at 2013 as the earliest year of this team being good.

salame
02-01-2010, 02:38 AM
Mecca you think adalius thomas has any gas left in the tank?

POND_OF_RED
02-01-2010, 02:39 AM
Who says Peppers won't adjust to the 3-4 as well as you all are thinking? It's all about taking a chance and I'd much rather take a chance on a guy that isn't going to cost around 30 million dollars

Mecca
02-01-2010, 02:40 AM
He's athletic, that's really all it takes.

It's not like he's going to get repeatedly dropped into coverage.

Mecca
02-01-2010, 02:41 AM
Mecca you think adalius thomas has any gas left in the tank?

Eh, I think he was a product of being on Baltimore, they continue to plug guys into that scheme and have them look good.

salame
02-01-2010, 02:41 AM
Call me crazy but I think Peppers is better at 30 than Kindle will ever be

Mecca
02-01-2010, 02:43 AM
Kindle is a typical Texas guy a supreme athlete that has been poorly coached never produced to his level of talent. I personally like him for upside but he is risky..he also has character issues.

Sergio Kindle is basically an older version of Aaron Maybin.

salame
02-01-2010, 02:48 AM
my post was directed at pond of red and my thoughts match yours exactly mecca

POND_OF_RED
02-01-2010, 02:59 AM
No way it happens. This team isn't going to go out and spend 30 million dollars on one player when we have a lot more holes to fill. I don't care if we suck for the next 3 years as long as we get a solid nucleus of young talent in here. I got too sick of watching Carl make this team mediocre year after year by spending all his money in the FA market on guys on the downslope of their careers. This draft has a lot of promising OLB's to take a chance on so I'd much rather just do that. I'd much rather spend the money in FA on a NT and maybe a safety if we don't think Berry will be available.

Mecca
02-01-2010, 03:00 AM
If you haven't noticed, there not being a cap is going to severely limit who is a FA.

POND_OF_RED
02-01-2010, 03:02 AM
Which in turn will drive Peppers price through the roof. No thanks.

salame
02-01-2010, 03:03 AM
I didn't say I thought we would get Peppers. I would bet money that we DONT get him. Would I take him? Hell Yes. I would love to have him. But it's about as realistic as us getting Peyton Manning or Andre Johnson

Mecca
02-01-2010, 03:09 AM
Which in turn will drive Peppers price through the roof. No thanks.

And if there's no cap why do you care about the money?

POND_OF_RED
02-01-2010, 03:10 AM
Just because there isn't a cap doesn't mean Clark won't set one for his budget.

salame
02-01-2010, 03:11 AM

If I am clark hunt I am doing everything I can to turn my shit ass franchise around before my fan base turns into jacksonville's fanbase

POND_OF_RED
02-01-2010, 03:14 AM
If I am clark hunt I am doing everything I can to turn my shit ass franchise around before my fan base turns into jacksonville's fanbase

If you were Clark Hunt you wouldn't be here. You'd be on a soccer forum.

salame
02-01-2010, 03:15 AM
If you were Clark Hunt you wouldn't be here. You'd be on a soccer forum.

http://ct.iscute.com/i47/3/12/8/f_f93027c926d4.jpg

Mecca
02-01-2010, 03:17 AM
The Chiefs can be cheap if they want, if they're cheap in a no cap environment this team will be a perennial loser.

And hey at least Peppers is a pass rusher something that does demand and deserve a big contract, unlike say a 5 tech end.

Titty Meat
02-01-2010, 03:40 AM

And Clarks salary cap was 30 million under the cap. He's going to want to sell out the stadium and Julius Peppers will help do that.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-01-2010, 03:43 AM
The Chiefs can be cheap if they want, if they're cheap in a no cap environment this team will be a perennial loser.

And hey at least Peppers is a pass rusher something that does demand and deserve a big contract, unlike say a 5 tech end.

Peppers will earn his money ten times more than Tyson Jackson will ever earn his. I don't see how you don't make a serious play. Imagine landing Peppers then drafting Eric Berry. If Derrick Johnson can go into next year playing like he did at the end of last year, this defense would improve in a big way, immediately.

Mecca
02-01-2010, 03:45 AM
It's fun to talk about but moves like Peppers are moves the Chiefs never make, sad but true.

Titty Meat
02-01-2010, 03:46 AM
I'd rather sign Peppers than a guy like Merrimam to be honest.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-01-2010, 03:51 AM
I'd rather sign Peppers than a guy like Merrimam to be honest.

Shit. You and about everyone else at this point. Shawne doesn't look too good at this point.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-01-2010, 03:51 AM
It's fun to talk about but moves like Peppers are moves the Chiefs never make, sad but true.

Well, it would take an amount of money that I don't see Clark, or Scott Pioli spending. It would go against both of their track records. Lamar on the other hand................

Titty Meat
02-01-2010, 03:53 AM
I don't think we'll sign Peppers everyone says the Redskins but I will bet he signs with the Patriots.

Mecca
02-01-2010, 03:59 AM
Well, it would take an amount of money that I don't see Clark, or Scott Pioli spending. It would go against both of their track records. Lamar on the other hand................

As far as Clark yea even Lamar but NE spent a lot of FA money.

If anyone can tell me the last time the Chiefs went out and signed a premier FA in this time of big dollars I'd love to hear it.

Titty Meat
02-01-2010, 04:00 AM
As far as Clark yea even Lamar but NE spent a lot of FA money.

If anyone can tell me the last time the Chiefs went out and signed a premier FA in this time of big dollars I'd love to hear it.

Chester Mcglockton.

Mecca
02-01-2010, 04:01 AM
Chester Mcglockton.

They did a trade there and even then that was before contracts got like they are now that's been over a decade ago.

Titty Meat
02-01-2010, 04:05 AM
They did a trade there and even then that was before contracts got like they are now that's been over a decade ago.

Thats the last one I can remember besides giving alot of money to guys like Dan Williams & LJ.

Anyway do you agree if they were to sign Peppers and draft Mays or Berry this isn't a team that contends for 9 wins?

Mecca
02-01-2010, 04:10 AM
They wouldn't contend for 9...the Redskins have defensive talent and didn't pull 9...

Titty Meat
02-01-2010, 04:11 AM
They wouldn't contend for 9...the Redskins have defensive talent and didn't pull 9...

The Chiefs offense was alot better than the Redskins. You forget the offense averaged over 400 yards a game the last month of the season.

Mecca
02-01-2010, 04:12 AM
That's with just feeding Charles, over the course of a year they can't give him the ball that many times.

Cassel also got worse in that period....

Rukdafaidas
02-01-2010, 05:48 AM
In an uncapped year, what would keep teams from reworking every player's contract to be heavily front end loaded?
Let's say you have several star players and you have always been in cap hell trying to keep them on your team. Let's use the Patriots as an example. Tom Brady's contract expires at the end of the upcoming season. You could offer him a 6 year contract and make nearly all of it payable in the first year. I realize you would have to pay him league minimum for the remaining 5 years. But, that wouldn't amount to all that much. Then you could also rework the other star player's contracts so that it would be payable this year as well. Then, if/when the cap comes back, you're way under for years to come.
I realize the owner would have to open his wallet to some serious cash all in one year. But, I think it would be a good investment. But, I could also see some players getting lazy after they get all that cash up front. Some might even blow all the money in the first year and have to live on the league minimum for the rest of their contract.

Willie Lanier
02-01-2010, 07:21 AM
In an uncapped year, what would keep teams from reworking every player's contract to be heavily front end loaded?
Let's say you have several star players and you have always been in cap hell trying to keep them on your team. Let's use the Patriots as an example. Tom Brady's contract expires at the end of the upcoming season. You could offer him a 6 year contract and make nearly all of it payable in the first year. I realize you would have to pay him league minimum for the remaining 5 years. But, that wouldn't amount to all that much. Then you could also rework the other star player's contracts so that it would be payable this year as well. Then, if/when the cap comes back, you're way under for years to come.
I realize the owner would have to open his wallet to some serious cash all in one year. But, I think it would be a good investment. But, I could also see some players getting lazy after they get all that cash up front. Some might even blow all the money in the first year and have to live on the league minimum for the rest of their contract.

Well, a lack of trust for one; front loading a contract often leads to hold outs in year 2 or 3. I'm not against signing Julius, I'm just stating facts. We are not one offseason away, so front loading a contract for him will not end pleasantly (also that method of thinking is what jaded him towards the Panthers). If we were to sign him I would take a wait and see verdict. It could work out if we sign him for the 5 years he has left in him and BACK LOAD it, but I really doubt he sees a project as a final destination.

RustShack
02-01-2010, 07:49 AM
Wait a second? Half the league runs a 3-4 defense including the Chiefs and there are STILL people who don't know that typically 4-3 DE's are 3-4 OLB's? JFC No it makes sense about people being so stupid about wanting players who don't fit and like them just because of their college stats. They are literally football retarded.

OnTheWarpath15
02-01-2010, 07:52 AM
All wasted breath at this point. Even IF Clark was willing to overspend for Peppers (or any other marquis FA, for that matter) why the fuck would he/they want to come here?

We missed our chance to sign moderately priced FA's last year, which means this upcoming draft might be the most important draft Pioli and company ever have in KC.

And FWIW, just because there isn't a cap this year doesn't mean we wouldn't have to comply with one in later years. Don't expect this team to spend a significant amount of money this offseason.

ForeverChiefs58
02-01-2010, 09:31 AM
I really don't understand why any fan gives two shits what the owner pays a FA. The Chiefs didn't spend near what they could have last year, did that make the season any easier? Clark could pay Peppers a trillion fucking dollars a year for all I give a rats ass! I just want to see a decent product on the field, so I can start giving a shit about sundays again. I never want to hear a fan, esp. from a shitty team, voice concern about overpaying. Its not like it comes out of your f*%^$^&% pocket, and who gives a shit!!!

OnTheWarpath15
02-01-2010, 09:39 AM
I really don't understand why any fan gives two shits what the owner pays a FA. The Chiefs didn't spend near what they could have last year, did that make the season any easier? Clark could pay Peppers a trillion fucking dollars a year for all I give a rats ass! I just want to see a decent product on the field, so I can start giving a shit about sundays again. I never want to hear a fan, esp. from a shitty team, voice concern about overpaying. Its not like it comes out of your f*%^$^&% pocket, and who gives a shit!!!

Personally, I don't care about overpaying when it comes to Clark's actual cash.

What does concern me is overpaying potentially leading to being able to secure pieces to the puzzle later, or being in cap hell in 2011 because we overspent to get someone to come here.

For sake of conversation, adding Peppers would mean that we'd have somewhere in the neighborhood of $150M in guaranteed money wrapped up in five players - three Top 5 draft picks, Cassel and Peppers.

Not realistic considering we're already tied to 4 of those players.

Chiefs=Champions
02-01-2010, 09:44 AM
I would love to have Peppers playing rush backer for the red and gold. Hell with an uncapped year i see no reason not to go out and atleast try to get him.

Let Clark spend some money.. this ofseason may really show us how invested in this team Clark really is...

Rausch
02-01-2010, 09:45 AM
We won't, but I might have my first wet dream in 2 decades if we did sign him...

Chiefs=Champions
02-01-2010, 09:46 AM

What does concern me is overpaying potentially leading to being able to secure pieces to the puzzle later, or being in cap hell in 2011 because we overspent to get someone to come here.

For sake of conversation, adding Peppers would mean that we'd have somewhere in the neighborhood of $150M in guaranteed money wrapped up in five players - three Top 5 draft picks, Cassel and Peppers.

I thought one aspect of the uncapped year was that when theres a cap settlement again, no team would be left in cap hell...

Chiefs=Champions
02-01-2010, 09:47 AM
We won't, but I might have my first wet dream in 2 decades if we did sign him...

This. it may actually make up for the loss of JA.... somewhat......

-King-
02-01-2010, 11:03 AM
A 6'7 OLB. Holy fuck.
Posted via Mobile Device

doomy3
02-01-2010, 11:15 AM

What?

Peppers spent last offseason saying he preferred to play in a 3-4, and wanted to go to a 3-4 team.

What makes you think he prefers to play in a 4-3?

DumbHillbillies
02-01-2010, 11:35 AM
Break the bank and get him and Wilfork! This will put us in the SB!

:facepalm:

beach tribe
02-01-2010, 11:41 AM
What?

Peppers spent last offseason saying he preferred to play in a 3-4, and wanted to go to a 3-4 team.

What makes you think he prefers to play in a 4-3?

Peppers has stated repeatedly that he wants to play for a 3-4 team.

jidar
02-01-2010, 11:41 AM
Is it even worth it to spend big $$$ on defense anymore with how much the NFL has hamstrung defenses? Why do I want to spend $30m on a guy who isn't allowed to do even half of what he did a decade ago? Better to spend it on the offense where they are getting all the breaks.

SAUTO
02-01-2010, 11:50 AM
All wasted breath at this point. Even IF Clark was willing to overspend for Peppers (or any other marquis FA, for that matter) why the fuck would he/they want to come here?

We missed our chance to sign moderately priced FA's last year, which means this upcoming draft might be the most important draft Pioli and company ever have in KC.

And FWIW, just because there isn't a cap this year doesn't mean we wouldn't have to comply with one in later years. Don't expect this team to spend a significant amount of money this offseason.

ok fuck it. IF clark would spend the money they still wont come right? then why doesnt everyone just give up now?

and again this is hypocritical. the FAs from last year we should have signed would have came here if we would have overpaid(according to you). but this year NO ONE is coming here(IYO) why? whats the difference?

RedThat
02-01-2010, 12:01 PM
If the Chiefs are going to spend money, do it for Wilfork instead. I love Peppers as a player, but, Im looking at this thing from a sensible point of view.

First off, I don't see any point in spending money on Peppers. Absolutely none. Why spend the money on him when this draft is filled with rushbackers? The Chiefs could just draft a passrusher in the 2nd round. And the reason I think they should make a pitch for Wilfork is because he is a proven commodity to play NT in a 3-4, and I really don't foresee any guys in this draft that have the capability to be as good as he is, or, that would be a good fit to play NT in Crennel's scheme. Unless, there is a sleeper pick I don't know about? I think it would make sense to go after Wilfork, with that being said, hopefully he will become available. Let's just hope.

ModSocks
02-01-2010, 12:03 PM
ok **** it. IF clark would spend the money they still wont come right? then why doesnt everyone just give up now?

and again this is hypocritical. the FAs from last year we should have signed would have came here if we would have overpaid(according to you). but this year NO ONE is coming here(IYO) why? whats the difference?

Young guys looking for there second contract will come play for a team like the Chiefs. They can get paid and then go for there ring when they hit Peppers age, around 30 and sign for a team like the Pats.

They aren't taking as nearly a big of a risk in signing with a team like peppers would be. Peppers would be signing a contract knowing that he may play out his career on a loosing team, as opposed to a 26 yr old player who will sign for the money, cuz he can sign for a winner when his clock is running out. Peppers would want to play for a team that has a chance to contend before his career is over. Same reason why seymour didn't wanna be a Raider.

doomy3
02-01-2010, 12:03 PM
If the Chiefs are going to spend money, do it for Wilfork instead. I love Peppers as a player, but, Im looking at this thing from a sensible point of view.

First off, I don't see any point in spending money on Peppers. Absolutely none. Why spend the money on him when this draft is filled with rushbackers? The Chiefs could just draft a passrusher in the 2nd round. And the reason I think they should make a pitch for Wilfork is because he is a proven commodity to play NT in a 3-4, and I really don't foresee any guys in this draft that have the capability to be as good as he is, or, that would be a good fit to play NT in Crennel's scheme. Unless, there is a sleeper pick I don't know about? I think it would make sense to go after Wilfork, hopefully he will become available. Let's just hope.

Wilfork will more than likely cost draft picks in trade as he will be franchised. According to Schefter, Peppers will be allowed to walk away, so a team that signs him will not have to give up any compensation, and can sign him to a contract. You're comparing apples to oranges.

ModSocks
02-01-2010, 12:07 PM
Wilfork will more than likely cost draft picks in trade as he will be franchised. According to Schefter, Peppers will be allowed to walk away, so a team that signs him will not have to give up any compensation, and can sign him to a contract. You're comparing apples to oranges.

Yep, I doubt we get Wilfork. I'd rather draft Cody in the 2nd. I don't buy this "Cody isn't a pass rusher" BS. I don't care if he's a pass rusher or not. Does he tie up blockers? Yes. If he can tie up blockers on 3rd down and let our pass rushers do what they are suppose to do; rush the passer in one on one situations, then he is worth a 2nd rnd pick IMHO.

RedThat
02-01-2010, 12:23 PM

This is why I say I hope he becomes available. Wishful thinking on my part.

If he doesn't, could there possibly be another alternative? A Plan B where the Chiefs could make a trade for one. I just don't see anybody in this draft that could play the NT position effectively in a 3-4. So Im thinking if they have to give up compensation for one it may be the best route or option for them to take? don't get me wrong though, i wouldn't give up 2 1st rounders for Wilfork. Instead, I'd try to trade for a guy like Hampton or Rogers where the compensation wouldn't be as steep. They need to address the NT position, and solidify the Dline unit as a whole. I cannot stress how important the NT position is for this defense. I think its the most glaring need right now even more so than a passrusher.

They're going to need a NT if they want to run 3-4 defense effectively. Having a good one will open up both the run defense and the pass defense.

corandval
02-01-2010, 12:40 PM
Clark needs to try for Peppers. Even if we don't get him, the effort alone might make KC attractive for future free agents. Has to show he is willing to spend big money on players.

SAUTO
02-01-2010, 12:57 PM
Young guys looking for there second contract will come play for a team like the Chiefs. They can get paid and then go for there ring when they hit Peppers age, around 30 and sign for a team like the Pats.

They aren't taking as nearly a big of a risk in signing with a team like peppers would be. Peppers would be signing a contract knowing that he may play out his career on a loosing team, as opposed to a 26 yr old player who will sign for the money, cuz he can sign for a winner when his clock is running out. Peppers would want to play for a team that has a chance to contend before his career is over. Same reason why seymour didn't wanna be a Raider.

just funny how some here think we could have had our pick of all the FAs last year yet this year no one will come here no matter what we are offering. hypocritical IMO

BossChief
02-01-2010, 12:58 PM
If we were able to sign Peppers, that would give us much more flexibility in the draft.

Wont happen though.

Titty Meat
02-01-2010, 01:08 PM

The Chiefs we were 30 million under the cap this year.

doomy3
02-01-2010, 01:15 PM
This is why I say I hope he becomes available. Wishful thinking on my part.

If he doesn't, could there possibly be another alternative? A Plan B where the Chiefs could make a trade for one. I just don't see anybody in this draft that could play the NT position effectively in a 3-4. So Im thinking if they have to give up compensation for one it may be the best route or option for them to take? don't get me wrong though, i wouldn't give up 2 1st rounders for Wilfork. Instead, I'd try to trade for a guy like Hampton or Rogers where the compensation wouldn't be as steep. They need to address the NT position, and solidify the Dline unit as a whole. I cannot stress how important the NT position is for this defense. I think its the most glaring need right now even more so than a passrusher.

They're going to need a NT if they want to run 3-4 defense effectively. Having a good one will open up both the run defense and the pass defense.

What?

There are a few guys in this draft that were meant to play NT in a 3-4. Dan Williams and Terrance Cody for starters.

BigChiefFan
02-01-2010, 01:22 PM
The Chiefs we were 30 million under the cap this year.Had we carried Peppers at the franchise number, we would have only been $10 million under the cap(using your numbers). I think we would be better served looking elsewhere. He's on the decline and thinks he's worth Ft. Knox. His contract demands are outrageous.

OnTheWarpath15
02-01-2010, 02:30 PM
ok fuck it. IF clark would spend the money they still wont come right? then why doesnt everyone just give up now?

Jesus, Jason. We've talked about this ad nauseum.

This FA class is going to be EXTREMELY limited. There basically is going to be a shortage of labor - the players that do have their freedom are going to be able to dictate everything.

First, KC isn't going to outbid anyone, so the entire concept is worthless to talk about, IMO.

For sake of conversation, even IF KC was willing to outbid the teams with a shit-ton of money, how much MORE will it take for a player to come here and end his career on a rebuilding franchise, versus play for a contender like Dallas as example?

Last year, we would have had to overpay for FA's, sure.

This year, We'd have to DRAMATICALLY overpay to get an elite FA.

The organization wasn't willing to overpay last year when there was a full FA crop, what makes you think they'll pay even more for a limited FA crop?

OnTheWarpath15
02-01-2010, 02:31 PM
The Chiefs we were 30 million under the cap this year.

But did nothing.

That speaks volumes.

OnTheWarpath15
02-01-2010, 02:35 PM
just funny how some here think we could have had our pick of all the FAs last year yet this year no one will come here no matter what we are offering. hypocritical IMO

If Jason Brown, for example, was a FA this year, do you think he'd settle for STL, when he can get even more money from a larger market team because he's more of a commodity?

I don't know how to make this any clearer: There are fewer FA's in the market this year, which means there are fewer ELITE FA's, which leads to increased competition in vying for their services.

Last year, there were endless numbers of FA's at each position.

This year, like at NT, for example, there may not end up being any.

SAUTO
02-01-2010, 02:45 PM
First, KC isn't going to outbid anyone, so the entire concept is worthless to talk about, IMO.

This year, We'd have to DRAMATICALLY overpay to get an elite FA.

The organization wasn't willing to overpay last year when there was a full FA crop, what makes you think they'll pay even more for a limited FA crop?

how do you or anyone else know what is going to happen right now? and how do you or anyone else know for certainty that they werent WILLING to overpay for the guy they might have wanted last year? MAYBE they didnt actually like canty, olshansky, etc....

SAUTO
02-01-2010, 02:46 PM
If Jason Brown, for example, was a FA this year, do you think he'd settle for STL, when he can get even more money from a larger market team because he's more of a commodity?

I don't know how to make this any clearer: There are fewer FA's in the market this year, which means there are fewer ELITE FA's, which leads to increased competition in vying for their services.

Last year, there were endless numbers of FA's at each position.

This year, like at NT, for example, there may not end up being any.

how do you know someone would offer him more money? assuming again huh?

and "endless" isnt true, by a long shot.

OnTheWarpath15
02-01-2010, 02:49 PM
how do you know someone would offer him more money? assuming again huh?

and "endless" isnt true, by a long shot.

Simple supply and demand.

19 of the Top 50 FA's are unrestricted this year, compared to 47 last year.

212 players that would have earned unrestricted free agency this year become RFA's in an uncapped year.

Teams now get a franchise tag and two transition tags, which means even fewer of the UFA's will actually see the market.

Owners will pay more for a scarce resource.

SAUTO
02-01-2010, 03:19 PM

Simple supply and demand.

19 of the Top 50 FA's are unrestricted this year, compared to 47 last year.

212 players that would have earned unrestricted free agency this year become RFA's in an uncapped year.

Teams now get a franchise tag and two transition tags, which means even fewer of the UFA's will actually see the market.

Owners will pay more for a scarce resource.

i know ALL of that. still doesnt mean that teams would have paid more for brown. again you are assuming. he's a center that got the HIGHEST contract for a center EVER. last year from the rams. how do you know a team would top that?

OnTheWarpath15
02-01-2010, 03:23 PM
i know ALL of that. still doesnt mean that teams would have paid more for brown. again you are assuming. he's a center that got the HIGHEST contract for a center EVER. last year from the rams. how do you know a team would top that?

I can't explain it any more clearly.

If Jason Brown was the ONLY elite center available this year, do you think he'd get more money, or less?

Rausch
02-01-2010, 03:26 PM
Had we carried Peppers at the franchise number, we would have only been $10 million under the cap(using your numbers). I think we would be better served looking elsewhere. He's on the decline and thinks he's worth Ft. Knox. His contract demands are outrageous.

Due to his constant state of injury and his lack of production he doesn't have that high dollar argument.

He's facing a rebuild (name, status, worth) contract.

It's low risk for us at this point...

SAUTO
02-01-2010, 03:27 PM
I can't explain it any more clearly.

If Jason Brown was the ONLY elite center available this year, do you think he'd get more money, or less?

probably about the same. i cant say that he was made THE HIGHEST PAID CENTER IN HISTORY last year more clearly. you can ASSUME that someone would pay more this year but that would be all it is. an assumption

OnTheWarpath15
02-01-2010, 03:28 PM
probably about the same. i cant say that he was made THE HIGHEST PAID CENTER IN HISTORY last year more clearly. you can ASSUME that someone would pay more this year but that would be all it is. an assumption

Your density knows no bounds.

Titty Meat
02-01-2010, 03:30 PM
But did nothing.

That speaks volumes.

Did nothing but traded for a QB and paid 63 million. It wouldn't be smart spend spend spend when you've just took over a 2-14 team. The regime should now be able to identify what they want to do and spend accordingly.

-King-
02-01-2010, 03:33 PM
Did nothing but traded for a QB and paid 63 million. It wouldn't be smart spend spend spend when you've just took over a 2-14 team. The regime should now be able to identify what they want to do and spend accordingly.

Especially being that last year they knew clancy and haley would not be calling the plays this year. Why pay and then come to find out that the player doesn't fit the new OC/DC's scheme.
Posted via Mobile Device

Titty Meat
02-01-2010, 03:34 PM
Clark just spent millions on his stadium and is going to have it empty? No. Thats not good economics. Sorry.

SAUTO
02-01-2010, 03:35 PM
Your density knows no bounds.

the same could be said about you in this instance. all you are doing is assuming. thats it. you cant say what would happen because it didnt happen. thats all either of us KNOW at this point. to speak in absolutes would be an assumption.

OnTheWarpath15
02-01-2010, 03:37 PM
Clark just spent millions on his stadium and is going to have it empty? No. Thats not good economics. Sorry.

Neither is spending $100M in guaranteed money on the 5th overall pick and a few FA's to see a slight increase in attendance.

If you think Clark's going to spend in FA just to try to fill the stadium, you're kidding yourself.

They could sign every marquis FA available, and I don't see attendance rising significantly.

People have been burned too many times.

Rausch
02-01-2010, 03:37 PM

He better start figuring out some quick fast and hurried-up situations to remedy the 2nd worst SUCK in the league then.

If at all possible I'd emphasize the whole FAST part...

SAUTO
02-01-2010, 03:40 PM
Neither is spending $100M in guaranteed money on the 5th overall pick and a few FA's to see a slight increase in attendance.

If you think Clark's going to spend in FA just to try to fill the stadium, you're kidding yourself.

They could sign every marquis FA available, and I don't see attendance rising significantly.

damn all doom and gloom today huh? no light shining for you means that it might just be time to give it up man. what is the fun in what you are doing at this point?

OnTheWarpath15
02-01-2010, 03:40 PM
the same could be said about you in this instance. all you are doing is assuming. thats it. you cant say what would happen because it didnt happen. thats all either of us KNOW at this point. to speak in absolutes would be an assumption.

Of course it's speculation you dolt - it hasn't happened yet. We speculate here daily.

That said, there's the common sense approach, where nearly everyone sees that what I'm saying is a realistic scenario, and then there's your approach - attack everything.

You'd rather fucking fight about goddamn semantics.

Every expert in the country has been saying this for months, and you want to be the guy who fights it.

Enjoy your dunce cap and the seat in the corner.

SAUTO
02-01-2010, 03:43 PM
Of course it's speculation you dolt - it hasn't happened yet. We speculate here daily.

That said, there's the common sense approach, where nearly everyone sees that what I'm saying is a realistic scenario, and then there's your approach - attack everything.

You'd rather fucking fight about goddamn semantics.

Every expert in the country has been saying this for months, and you want to be the guy who fights it.

Enjoy your dunce cap and the seat in the corner.

why dont you give me that cap and try to make me sit in the corner? you know fuck you man. you are assuming and acting like you wrote the fucking bible here. enjoy yourself for the rest of the day(which i'm now the one assuming that you know how to enjoy ANYTHING anymore because from the way you act here you have forgotten how)

OnTheWarpath15
02-01-2010, 03:43 PM
damn all doom and gloom today huh? no light shining for you means that it might just be time to give it up man. what is the fun in what you are doing at this point?

Use your fucking head, man.

Be realistic.

Please, give me some good reasons why Clark would overspend in FA to feebly attempt to fill a stadium that hasn't seen a legitimate sellout in several seasons?

Hell, I'll cut you a break:

Give me some good reasons why Clark Hunt would be active in the very small elite FA market.

SAUTO
02-01-2010, 03:44 PM
Use your fucking head, man.

Be realistic.

Please, give me some good reasons why Clark would overspend in FA to feebly attempt to fill a stadium that hasn't seen a legitimate sellout in several seasons?

Hell, I'll cut you a break:

Give me some good reasons why Clark Hunt would be active in the very small elite FA market.

maybe because there MIGHT be a players they want? see you act as though you have some great insight but really you dont ACTUALLY KNOW shit. maybe if you didnt talk in absolutes i wouldnt question you.

OnTheWarpath15
02-01-2010, 03:45 PM
why dont you give me that cap and try to make me sit in the corner? you know fuck you man. you are assuming and acting like you wrote the fucking bible here. enjoy yourself for the rest of the day(which i'm now the one assuming that you know how to enjoy ANYTHING anymore because from the way you act here you have forgotten how)

Wah.

Are you this vigilant with everyone else saying the EXACT SAME FUCKING THING?

Do you e-mail Peter King? Adam Schefter? Jason LaConfora?

Do you tell them they are just assuming?

This is common fucking sense, FFS.

OnTheWarpath15
02-01-2010, 03:46 PM
maybe because there MIGHT be a players they want? see you act as though you have some great insight but really you dont ACTUALLY KNOW shit. maybe if you didnt talk in absolutes i wouldnt question you.

Great answer.

Shit, there were probably players they wanted LAST year. If there wasn't, we're in deep shit with this crew.

That doesn't mean they are willing to PAY THEM.

Who wouldn't want Julius Peppers?

But who wants him at $30M guaranteed?

The list shrinks considerably.

SAUTO
02-01-2010, 03:52 PM
Wah.

Are you this vigilant with everyone else saying the EXACT SAME FUCKING THING?

Do you e-mail Peter King? Adam Schefter? Jason LaConfora?

Do you tell them they are just assuming?

This is common fucking sense, FFS.

guess what douchebag, they didnt feel threatened because i stated my opinion and have now called me names. it's funny how if someone disagrees with you you go straight into attack mode. how about fuck you?

OnTheWarpath15
02-01-2010, 03:55 PM
guess what douchebag, they didnt feel threatened because i stated my opinion and have now called me names. it's funny how if someone disagrees with you you go straight into attack mode. how about fuck you?

Why would I be threatened? You're not disagreeing with ME, you're disagreeing with common fucking sense, and every student of the CBA.

You act as if I'm the only person on Earth that shares this opinion.

Actuality is that you might be the only person on Earth that doesn't.

This is just another classic case of debating the poster instead of the post.

Molitoth
02-01-2010, 03:56 PM
*insert smack talk here*

Rausch
guess what douchebag, they didnt feel threatened because i stated my opinion and have now called me names. it's funny how if someone disagrees with you you go straight into attack mode. how about **** you?

"Top a' the round ta' you then son, top o' the round..."

Titty Meat

He isn't going to sit on his hands and will go after a guy like Peppers. Signing Peppers is a different story however worthy of discussion on a football message board in Febuary.

I made a thread about this already saying the Chiefs would hire a guy like Crennel and go after a guy like Merrimam. It's the same blueprint for the last 20+ years.

SAUTO
02-01-2010, 03:58 PM

Why would I be threatened? You're not disagreeing with ME, you're disagreeing with common fucking sense, and every student of the CBA.

You act as if I'm the only person on Earth that shares this opinion.

Actuality is that you might be the only person on Earth that doesn't.

This is just another classic case of debating the poster instead of the post.

the first post was how i entered this thread. i questioned how you have REPEATEDLY stated that we lost out on all these GREAT free agents last year and if we had paid them they would be members of the chiefs right now. BUT this year no one will want to come here NO MATTER WHAT. THAT is an assumption on both parts. sorry if you cant see that.

OnTheWarpath15
02-01-2010, 03:58 PM
He isn't going to sit on his hands and will go after a guy like Peppers.

Signing Peppers is a different story however worthy of discussion on a football message board in Febuary.

Say again? You think he will go after Peppers, or he won't?

SAUTO
02-01-2010, 03:59 PM
"Top a' the round ta' you then son, top o' the round..."

huh? i would use your billy from wv smack but i didnt think it was applicable

Titty Meat
02-01-2010, 04:00 PM
Say again? You think he will go after Peppers, or he won't?

He will go after Peppers but will Peppers sign here is another story. I even said that earlier in the thread.

Rausch
02-01-2010, 04:01 PM
huh? i would use your billy from wv smack but i didnt think it was applicable

Good.

I have no clue what refer (reference) yer pull'n from there...

OnTheWarpath15
02-01-2010, 04:08 PM
the first post was how i entered this thread. i questioned how you have REPEATEDLY stated that we lost out on all these GREAT free agents last year and if we had paid them they would be members of the chiefs right now. BUT this year no one will want to come here NO MATTER WHAT. THAT is an assumption on both parts. sorry if you cant see that.

There you go putting words in my mouth again, you're good at that.

Last year, the excuse for not signing any 1st tier FA's was that they wouldn't want to play for a shitty team.

That argument was destroyed by the examples of Jason Brown and TJ Houshmanzedah, both of whom were signed by shitty teams.

Regarding this year, I haven't said anything resembling "NO ONE" will want to come here, but did imply that elite FA's won't.

Example:

It's very realistic that only one marquis FA NT actually sees the market. Wilfork will likely be tagged. Green Bay is already working on re-signing Ryan Pickett before March 5th. Same with San Francisco and Abreyo Franklin.

That leaves Casey Hampton as possibly the only FA NT available.

If that's the case, you're talking about potentially 1 guy being available to teams needing a 3-4 NT, compared to most years when there are several players to go around.

In the latter scenario, teams aren't in a position of desperation, because they have other options. This year, teams that desperately need a NT are all going to be vying for his services.

You can use this same scenario at almost every position.

Why would he pick Kansas City?

One reason only: Money.

Which leads to the next question: Is Clark Hunt going to blatantly overspend, more than he would have had to last year, to acquire elite FA's?

Common sense says no.

OnTheWarpath15
02-01-2010, 04:08 PM
He will go after Peppers but will Peppers sign here is another story. I even said that earlier in the thread.

Gotcha.

Titty Meat
02-01-2010, 04:10 PM
Gotcha.

I don't think I saw your opinon on Peppers though. If for whatever reason Clark signed Peppers would you be please with the move?

OnTheWarpath15
02-01-2010, 04:14 PM
I don't think I saw your opinon on Peppers though. If for whatever reason Clark signed Peppers would you be please with the move?

No, I wouldn't. Definitely not long term. Especially considering that this team will have to be cap compliant at some point in the future.

If they are willing to blatantly overspend on an elite FA, I'd rather see someone younger that might actually still have a role here when the team is competing for a championship.

We have too many holes to blow our entire wad on one, thirty-something player.

SAUTO
02-01-2010, 04:21 PM
Good.

I have no clue what refer (reference) yer pull'n from there...

ROFL I have a good memory then. cant remember the WHOLE post but it was about billay and west virginia, one step from trailer trash, he got to drink milk, nice shoes trashy bag.....

Rausch
02-01-2010, 04:22 PM
ROFL I have a good memory then. cant remember the WHOLE post but it was about billay and west virginia, one step from trailer trash, he got to drink milk, nice shoes trashy bag.....

SAUTO
02-01-2010, 04:24 PM

You know what you look like to me, with your good bag and your cheap shoes? You look like a rube. A well scrubbed, hustling rube with a little taste. Good nutrition's given you some length of bone, but you're not more than one generation from poor white trash, are you, billay? And that accent of stupidity you've tried so desperately to shed: pure West Virginia. What is your father, is he also perhaps your uncle dear sir? Is he a coal miner? Does he stink of the lamp? You know how quickly the boys found you... all those tedious sticky fumblings in the back seats of cars...

here it is for ya rausch, i knew i wasnt crazy

L.A. Chieffan
02-01-2010, 04:33 PM
id like jasonautos liver with fava beans a nice bottle of chianti

SAUTO
02-01-2010, 04:40 PM
id like jasonautos liver with fava beans a nice bottle of chianti

Come and get it doucher

L.A. Chieffan
02-01-2010, 04:43 PM
Come and get it doucher

do you get tv signal in the park you live at?

Rausch
02-01-2010, 04:47 PM
here it is for ya rausch, i knew i wasnt crazy

****'s sakes he almost came up with teh funny when he meant it.

Be damned if it don't just fit right on up with me and all my circumstances, dead on.

And he got it all in 'fore he had to crawl up and lock the top barn before the wind got fowl and nasty...

****ing bit of relentless grandmother but-thunder hate pressed in as bedtime came and you were forced to the corners of the house...

SAUTO
02-01-2010, 05:11 PM
do you get tv signal in the park you live at?

huh? park? never lived near one.

Mecca
02-01-2010, 05:13 PM
Personally I think if they play with an uncapped year they're gonna have a really hard time putting one back in...

Titty Meat
02-01-2010, 06:00 PM
Personally I think if they play with an uncapped year they're gonna have a really hard time putting one back in...

I agree with this. I heard the players union offered the same CBA for 6 years you know how stupid the owners are for not excepting this? It would have saved them alot of money.

SAUTO
02-01-2010, 06:11 PM

could be. but most owners should know that they NEED a cap
Posted via Mobile Device

Mecca
02-01-2010, 06:13 PM
The problem is there's enough owners that would prefer there not be one to hold it up...they didn't accept it because the small market owners want more sharing etc while the big market owners want less.

To get a cap back in they'll have to give up things like the salary floor will have to be significantly higher where the most you can be under the cap is say 10 mill. Which will in turn piss off the small market teams again.

Thig Lyfe
02-02-2010, 07:07 PM
HE LOOKS GOOD IN RED HUH

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3460/3283430305_096036b3de.jpg