PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Haley answers the LT question at today's presser.

Coogs
02-01-2010, 09:12 PM
Didn't see this. Sorry if repost...

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2010/02/01/haley_chiefs_assistant_coaching_announcement/

Q: One player question, right now, would you feel confident with Branden Albert as the starting left tackle for this team next year?

HALEY: “Branden, again I’m going to really going to stay out of talking about a bunch of our guys right now, but he’s a guy that showed progress throughout the year. It’s important Branden just like everybody else on this roster, that everybody continues to take steps to improve and he’s no different than anybody else. It’s important that they, as Charlie said, they need a little down time, but we’re going to get ready to get fired up again pretty quick and these guys understand now, with a year under their belt of what’s expected and where they need to be when they get here. Again, I’m looking for each and every one of our players to come in here ready to go.”

OnTheWarpath15
02-01-2010, 09:14 PM
ROFL

Rain Man
02-01-2010, 09:15 PM
Well, I'm glad that's finally settled.

chefsos
02-01-2010, 09:16 PM
Well, I'm glad he's cleared that all up.

EDIT: Damnit

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-01-2010, 09:17 PM
He couldn't have made it any clearer.

smittysbar
02-01-2010, 09:20 PM
huh?

RustShack
02-01-2010, 09:20 PM
Sounds like to me hes getting another shot. But if hes overweight and regressed its possible to find a replacement this year.

siberian khatru
02-01-2010, 09:21 PM
Again ... again ... again

That little verbal tic of his bugs me. Not in a big way, it just ... grates.

Kinda like Marty with his "quite frankly."

Cannibal
02-01-2010, 09:23 PM

It bothers me as well. Robin Quivers on the Howard Stern show does it constantly.

milkman
02-01-2010, 09:27 PM
Todd Haley is really Smed, isn't he?

Chiefnj2
02-01-2010, 09:30 PM
Maybe Tommykat can decipher that. They seem to speak the same language.

Rain Man
02-01-2010, 09:30 PM
If I was an NFL coach, I would answer every question like this with the statement, "He's absolutely going to be our starter unless we get someone better." It's hopefully the truth, and it's hard for the player to get offended if you say that.

ncCHIEFfan
02-01-2010, 09:42 PM
Probably would not have to say "again" so many times if the Chiefs Media didn't repeat themselves again and again! JMO...it has to be agrivating to have to continue to answer the same question that "may" have been worded differently, over and over

DaWolf
02-01-2010, 09:48 PM
Watching it, you could tell he's not closing the door on moving him if, as mentioned, they end up getting (IE drafting) someone they think will be a better LT...

Coogs
02-01-2010, 09:48 PM
Probably would not have to say "again" so many times if the Chiefs Media didn't repeat themselves again and again! JMO...it has to be agrivating to have to continue to answer the same question that "may" have been worded differently, over and over

I posted the link to the whole presser. It is the last question asked, and the only time it was asked.

seaofred
02-01-2010, 09:55 PM
I posted the link to the whole presser. It is the last question asked, and the only time it was asked.

Only time it was asked today, but how many times so far this offseason?

FAX
02-01-2010, 10:18 PM
Interesting presser ... from the standpoint of their attitude, if not the content. I saw a glimmer of the relationship between Haley and Weis and think that Weis is going to be very beneficial to our young HC. It's great to see Emmitt on board, too. That's a good hire.

FAX

Mecca
02-01-2010, 10:31 PM
Don't worry we'll draft Charles Brown since he's the type of linemen Haley will jizz over.

melbar
02-01-2010, 11:04 PM
:bong:

DaneMcCloud
02-01-2010, 11:19 PM
At this point, whatever.

If they want to draft a LT with the #5 pick overall and move Albert to the right side, I guess worse things could happen. If they give Darryl Harris & Colin Brown the starting guard positions and draft a center on day two, the line would be set for 7 years.

I don't agree with that philosophy but at least it would be said and done.

RustShack
02-01-2010, 11:20 PM
Anyone ever think that maybe Haley just doesn't want players to feel comfortable?

salame
02-01-2010, 11:21 PM
Don't worry we'll draft Charles Brown since he's the type of linemen Haley will jizz over.

he wouldn't be a bad second rounder

Mecca
02-01-2010, 11:23 PM
he wouldn't be a bad second rounder

He's basically everything that Haley tried to turn Albert into by making him lose weight...

salame
02-01-2010, 11:31 PM
http://trojanempire.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/charles-brown-usc.jpg

BryanBusby
02-02-2010, 01:28 AM
Anyone ever think that maybe Haley just doesn't want players to feel comfortable?

I could see Todd Haley calling players until OTA's and saying, "Sleep with one eye open, motherfucker! *click*"

Pushead2
02-02-2010, 01:37 AM
http://www.scarletknights.com/football/images/2008/davis_uconn.jpg

Pushead2
02-02-2010, 01:37 AM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.com/images_root/slideshows/1061/slideshow_106142/display_image.jpg

salame
02-02-2010, 02:11 AM
http://www.roanoke.com/dtiphotos/2390616.jpg

Pushead2
02-02-2010, 02:14 AM
http://www.roanoke.com/dtiphotos/2390616.jpg

I see.....

salame
02-02-2010, 02:16 AM
http://www.sportressofblogitude.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/whitlock.jpg

Mecca
02-02-2010, 02:22 AM
I can't believe you posted a pic of Ed Wang, that guy is terrible.

salame
02-02-2010, 02:26 AM
I can't believe you posted a pic of Ed Wang, that guy is terrible.

I did it to be funny
because he sucks ass a lot
he got clowned at the senior bowl
BUT he looks like a samarai in that pic

Mecca
02-02-2010, 02:28 AM
I think everyone should probably prepare themselves, for the likely hood of our high 2nd round pick being Charles Brown, that is unless Pioli bitch slaps Haley.

mylittlepony
02-02-2010, 04:47 AM
I think everyone should probably prepare themselves, for the likely hood of our high 2nd round pick being Charles Brown, that is unless Pioli bitch slaps Haley.

He is a solid prospect but didnt he weigh in at 285?

Coogs
02-02-2010, 08:07 AM
Only time it was asked today, but how many times so far this offseason?

On the Planet, the question has been asked eleventy-billion times. Haley has not talked to the press much at all since the end of the season.

Coogs
02-02-2010, 08:09 AM
How about this ringing endorsement for our QB?

Q: I know what you said about him when you first got here, but what do you like about QB Matt Cassel?

WEIS: “He’s on our team and we’ve got him, that’s what I like about him.

ROFL

BigRedChief
02-02-2010, 08:11 AM
Albert did show improvement as the year went along. So did Dorsey. All of our high picks that flopped never got better and then flopped. So, I'm more hopeful that these guys won't.

Ebolapox
02-02-2010, 08:14 AM

so long as we don't try to convert him to kicker. the only way he'd ever make a field goal is if he's using a freaking tee. hell, he'd wrench his back within a week or so and we'd REALLY be fucked.

Icon
02-02-2010, 09:03 AM
Didn't see this. Sorry if repost...

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2010/02/01/haley_chiefs_assistant_coaching_announcement/

Q: One player question, right now, would you feel confident with Branden Albert as the starting left tackle for this team next year?

HALEY: “Branden, again I’m going to really going to stay out of talking about a bunch of our guys right now, but he’s a guy that showed progress throughout the year. It’s important Branden just like everybody else on this roster, that everybody continues to take steps to improve and he’s no different than anybody else. It’s important that they, as Charlie said, they need a little down time, but we’re going to get ready to get fired up again pretty quick and these guys understand now, with a year under their belt of what’s expected and where they need to be when they get here. Again, I’m looking for each and every one of our players to come in here ready to go.”

No real surprise. This is the time of year when coaches and GMs keep their cards close to their vests. They're worried if they disclose an interest in a certain player or position that other teams will use that information in their strategy during the draft. This time of year believe half of what you see and none of what you hear.

beach tribe
02-02-2010, 09:05 AM
You don't give away any information that might tip your draft day hand. Duh.

Nice Latin by Haley.

beach tribe
02-02-2010, 09:17 AM

ROFL

LOL. I give Matty another season like this one, and he's a gonner. I really think He's going to have to show massive improvement to hold his job through next season.

Coogs
02-02-2010, 09:38 AM

Nice Latin by Haley.

Maybe. Or if you really are interested in drafting a LT at #5, they could have come out and said Albert is our starter. :shrug:

It's poker baby!

TRR
02-02-2010, 09:43 AM
LOL. I give Matty another season like this one, and he's a gonner. I really think He's going to have to show massive improvement to hold his job through next season.

Lol! Its all a draft ploy. Their best chance of getting someone to trade up is if they show interest in a QB.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chiefnj2
02-02-2010, 09:44 AM

Nice Latin by Haley.

Do you think his answer would have been the same if the questions was 'Is Matt Cassell the starter next year'?

Bweb
02-02-2010, 10:09 AM

Just...can't...resist...So we are down to drafting Charlie Brown! Are we going after Lucy for place holder! :D

DJ's left nut
02-02-2010, 10:11 AM

"At the end of the day" it could be a hell of a lot worse...

<shudder>

The Franchise
02-02-2010, 10:12 AM
At this point, whatever.

If they want to draft a LT with the #5 pick overall and move Albert to the right side, I guess worse things could happen. If they give Darryl Harris & Colin Brown the starting guard positions and draft a center on day two, the line would be set for 7 years.

I don't agree with that philosophy but at least it would be said and done.

Dude....are you feeling ok?

OnTheWarpath15
02-02-2010, 10:13 AM
Dude....are you feeling ok?

LMAO

Coogs
02-02-2010, 10:19 AM
Do you think his answer would have been the same if the questions was 'Is Matt Cassell the starter next year'?

Well, from the interview we know our OC likes Cassel because he is on the team. Not because he has good pocket awareness. Not because he throws a nice ball. Not because he makes good reads down the field. Nope. Our OC likes our QB because he is on the team.

FAX
02-02-2010, 10:31 AM

Weis was brought in to win games by scoring points. He needs a consistent, dependable quarterback to do that. Regardless of the "Pats" connection, I hereby predict that, if Cassel doesn't elevate his game, Weis will find a way to get somebody else in the game.

FAX

Chiefnj2
02-02-2010, 10:33 AM
Well, from the interview we know our OC likes Cassel because he is on the team. Not because he has good pocket awareness. Not because he throws a nice ball. Not because he makes good reads down the field. Nope. Our OC likes our QB because he is on the team.

Yes, I read that. Weis likes everyone on the team equal. Especially those that bring donuts to practice.

ModSocks
02-02-2010, 10:35 AM

ROFL

I was going to post that too. What an endorsement huh? Hello Clausen?

keg in kc
02-02-2010, 10:36 AM
I doubt they're going to make any specific comments about any players with the draft coming in two months. Welcome back to the offseason.

OnTheWarpath15
02-02-2010, 10:39 AM
I doubt they're going to make any specific comments about any players with the draft coming in two months. Welcome back to the offseason.

They don't make specific comments about players DURING the season, either.

I think Haley might be better suited to be a politician than a football coach.