PDA

View Full Version : Football Jags lineman trashes Tebow on message board

Thig Lyfe
02-04-2010, 02:13 AM
Just saw this on Deadspin. It's apparently legit.

http://forum.jaguars.com/index.php?showtopic=681930

So im at a bank trying to cash a check, and the bank teller starts up some convo about how Tebow will save the jaguars. And the hole time, when i asked him what does tebow bring to the game that the jaguars dont already have. yes i can understand the intangibles such as leadership etc. but as a football player, what does he bring that will take the jags to the next level??? he couldnt tell me. so let me drop a quick top 5 for all u fans. this is my top 5 things you should know before you assume Tim Tebow will the tebow jesus in teal town.

5. He cant throw. PERIOD.
4. He cant read any coverage other than probably cover 2 or man cov. PERIOD (the only cov. in college lol)
3. the QB wildcat WILL NOT WORK IN THIS LEAGUE. PERIOD
2. He doesnt know how to take a snap from center, nor is he even comfortable enough to.
1. HE CANT THROW. and thats really something you either have or not, never seen a qb who couldnt ever throw, just all of a sudden beable to throw just because hes now in the NFL.

now if u want to say, tebow will save the Jags TICKET sales... sure, he may beable to help them alot, until people realize this aint gator country no more lol. by the way.... GO BUY SEASON TICKETS!!!!!!!!! Ill be Damned if i have to come out for pregame warmups to a COMPLETELY EMPTY STADIUM ANYMORE!!!!!!!

Two things:

1. LOL

2. I'll bet Chiefs players lurk on here. If so, they need to start posting. I remember how disappointing it was when that Tyler Thigpen poster turned out to be fake.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-04-2010, 02:14 AM
Huh. That could be.

Hey LJ, fuck you.

Titty Meat
02-04-2010, 02:21 AM
D.Bowe I know you are reading this from your phone at Buddies.

Saccopoo
02-04-2010, 02:29 AM
So what?

That whoever acknowledges that he's a leader and then discounts everything else...well, I'm waiting to see if he comes in a puts a foot up your non-directional ass and gets your entire franchise on the right path or if you don't draft him and subsequently allow dildos to blather endlessly about what could have been or what should have been while he goes Steve Young and Hall of Fame himselfs in the process.

Thig Lyfe
02-04-2010, 02:32 AM
So what?

That whoever acknowledges that he's a leader and then discounts everything else...well, I'm waiting to see if he comes in a puts a foot up your non-directional ass and gets your entire franchise on the right path or if you don't draft him and subsequently allow dildos to blather endlessly about what could have been or what should have been while he goes Steve Young and Hall of Fame himselfs in the process.

...huh?

Saccopoo
02-04-2010, 02:38 AM
"hole time"

I'm glad that borderline illiterate fuckers earn millions.

Pushead2
02-04-2010, 02:43 AM
hahahahahahaha

Mecca
02-04-2010, 02:44 AM
That guy amuses me, but he has a point.

kcxiv
02-04-2010, 02:45 AM
"hole time"

I'm glad that borderline illiterate ****ers earn millions.

Well, he's not in football to be a good speller. He's making his green, so **** it all. As long as he can count, thats all that matters.

Fucking Haters.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-04-2010, 02:48 AM
He hasn't accepted Tebow as his personal Savior.

Heathen.

Pushead2
02-04-2010, 02:48 AM
Well, he's not in football to be a good speller. He's making his green, so **** it all. As long as he can count, thats all that matters.

Fucking Haters.

hahahahahahahahaha

Saccopoo
02-04-2010, 02:49 AM

****ing Haters.

But thanks for that freebie bachelors where I didn't even have to learn how to spell basic words...

And how I passed Algebra II and Spanish III remains a mystery...

Spott
02-04-2010, 05:32 AM
Sometimes the truth hurts. There's a bunch of people here in Jacksonville that want to draft him just because he's a Gator. Those same fans wouldn't want anything to do with him if he was from another part of the country.

The lineman was wrong about it not being Gator country. This town cares about college 1st and the NFL is a far distant second.

PhillyChiefFan
02-04-2010, 05:51 AM
ah...they'll be in LA next year anyway...

Crush
02-04-2010, 06:21 AM
ah...they'll be in LA next year anyway...

LA would eat Tebow alive and then spit out the remains for the hungry children of the third world. If Escape From LA has taught me anything, it is the fact that God does not like LA and LA does not like God.
Posted via Mobile Device

Crush
02-04-2010, 06:35 AM
So what?

We need to draft Tebow as our new invincible Left Tackle. Imagine how fucking awesome Cassel would be with Jesus protecting him. Can you say, "Greatest season ever?"
Posted via Mobile Device

Huffman83
02-04-2010, 06:36 AM
I think it'd be awesome if they took Tebow now.

MahiMike
02-04-2010, 07:36 AM
The Jags don't have a 2nd pick. They either reach really high at 11 or wait till the 3rd. Only Gene Smith knows for sure.

It's gonna be a very entertaining 1st night of the draft this year.

Delano
02-04-2010, 07:48 AM
The Jags don't have a 2nd pick. They either reach really high at 11 or wait till the 3rd. Only Gene Smith knows for sure.

It's gonna be a very entertaining 1st night of the draft this year.

I wonder if Tebow will show up on day two after he isn't drafted in rounds 1-2.
Posted via Mobile Device

-King-
02-04-2010, 09:25 AM
Ok guys I admit it, I'm matt Cassel. Sorry for going full retard during the season. Thanks for the 63mil though :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Consistent1
02-04-2010, 09:28 AM
I think it is funny how in reality Tebow just cannot win. I'm not a big fan of his, but it has to get frustrating. The guy has never really done anything wrong, or claimed to be a great QB. As far the subject of the Jags, they would be dumb to take him IMO.

PhillyChiefFan
02-04-2010, 10:15 AM
LA would eat Tebow alive and then spit out the remains for the hungry children of the third world. If Escape From LA has taught me anything, it is the fact that God does not like LA and LA does not like God.
Posted via Mobile Device

...BUT...God likes Tebow

:hmmm:

Lzen
02-04-2010, 10:53 AM
Sometimes the truth hurts. There's a bunch of people here in Jacksonville that want to draft him just because he's a Gator. Those same fans wouldn't want anything to do with him if he was from another part of the country.

Yeah, just like those dumb homers MU fans a couple years ago that wanted to draft Chase Daniel, eh? ;)

POND_OF_RED
02-04-2010, 11:03 AM
I really hope he goes to Oakland. It would just be a really akward fit and I'd love watching it unfold.

DaneMcCloud
02-04-2010, 11:33 AM
If Escape From LA has taught me anything, it is the fact that God does not like LA and LA does not like God.

LMAO

No truer words have ever been spoken

beach tribe
02-04-2010, 12:27 PM
So what?

Are you trying to say that Tebow is the next Steve Young, and that the jags will be sorry if they don't draft him?

If so.....that is some funny shit.

Gerrard>>>>>Tebow.

And it's not even close.

pr_capone
02-04-2010, 12:41 PM
2. I'll bet Chiefs players lurk on here. If so, they need to start posting. I remember how disappointing it was when that Tyler Thigpen poster turned out to be fake.

I enjoyed myself immensely. Most fun I've had with a mult in years. :D

beach tribe
02-04-2010, 12:43 PM
I enjoyed myself immensely. Most fun I've had with a mult in years. :D

That was a damn good prank.

Had The meat licker thinking he had broken a blockbuster scoop wide open.

Epic Fail 007
02-04-2010, 12:44 PM
LOL SACC

kstater
02-04-2010, 12:50 PM
It doesn't require a new thread so I'll put it here. Urban Meyer thinks he'll be a great NFL QB. How the hell does Urban Meyer get people to UF if he thinks that?

beach tribe
02-04-2010, 01:02 PM
It doesn't require a new thread so I'll put it here. Urban Meyer thinks he'll be a great NFL QB. How the hell does Urban Meyer get people to UF if he thinks that?

Anytime Urban speaks publicly about Jes..I mean Tebow, it's going to be HIGH praise. It doesn't really mean he really thinks that. You're average college football head coach is probably the closest thing to a politician in terms of dishonesty in that you will ever find.

They are masters of placation.

milkman
02-04-2010, 09:45 PM
So what?

I'm almost certain that I would disagree with you if I had any fucking idea whatever the hell you said.

Spott
02-04-2010, 10:16 PM
Yeah, just like those dumb homers MU fans a couple years ago that wanted to draft Chase Daniel, eh? ;)

I don't think there were too many MU fans that wanted to draft him in the first round to be the teams savior. I'm sure there were some dumb homers that wanted the Chiefs to draft him in the late rounds just to have him on the team, but it's no where close to the idioticy going on in Jacksonville. Stores in Jacksonville have been selling Jaguar Tebow jerseys, Draft Tebow shirts and even have a website dedicated to it(www.draft15.com).

Buehler445
02-04-2010, 10:19 PM
I really hope he goes to Oakland. It would just be a really akward fit and I'd love watching it unfold.

LOL

awkward is not nearly a powerful enough word for it.

ChiefsCountry
02-04-2010, 10:24 PM
If you had the right QB coach (Holmgren which doesnt matter now) and the time to develop then Tebow could be a pretty decent NFL QB. He will need some time and a solid QB coach IMO. If he doesn't have those, he is screwed.

POND_OF_RED
02-04-2010, 10:29 PM
If you had the right QB coach (Holmgren which doesnt matter now) and the time to develop then Tebow could be a pretty decent NFL QB. He will need some time and a solid QB coach IMO. If he doesn't have those, he is screwed.

IDK. He basically has to scrap everything he's ever done as a QB to this point and start completely over. It's really hard to completely switch your mechanics of throwing the ball this late in your career. I doubt he makes it at QB. If he does then I will be the first to admit I was wrong in saying he isn't the next coming of Jesus because I don't even think JC could manage something like that.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-04-2010, 10:47 PM
I'm almost certain that I would disagree with you if I had any ****ing idea whatever the hell you said.

ROFL