PDA

View Full Version : Misc Beer Pong anyone??

Monty
02-04-2010, 01:27 PM
Last Xmas, I received a Chiefs beer pong table after mentioning to my wife that I thought that would be cool for tailgating. I had no idea that she'd go out and buy me one. :)

I really have no experience with this game, but am wondering....who plays? Any tips/tricks? Anything I should do to make it more fun while tailgating?

BTW, can't wait to fill my opponents' cups with antifreeze..... ;)

Is this game really very popular?

Here's a pic for reference:

http://www.tailgatepongtables.com/images_600/Table_Chiefs.jpg

Sofa King
02-04-2010, 01:30 PM
that's awesome!

Win, and Win fast.... the faster you end games, the less you get hammered...

the drunkest players are always the ones that win lots of close games... in a row...

if you lose you're out... win, and you play til you lose... so the faster you end em, the longer you can win AND walk...

also to note, if you have a girl with big breasts bouncing around behind you, it's considered a "Legal Distraction"

El Jefe
02-04-2010, 01:33 PM
Last Xmas, I received a Chiefs beer pong table after mentioning to my wife that I thought that would be cool for tailgating. I had no idea that she'd go out and buy me one. :)

I really have no experience with this game, but am wondering....who plays? Any tips/tricks? Anything I should do to make it more fun while tailgating?

BTW, can't wait to fill my opponents' cups with antifreeze..... ;)

Is this game really very popular?

Here's a pic for reference:

http://www.tailgatepongtables.com/images_600/Table_Chiefs.jpg

Beer pong is for college kids, and Whiskey Tango.

rambleonthruthefog
02-04-2010, 01:34 PM
always sucked at that game. good times.

OnTheWarpath15
Read up, courtesy of the World Series of Beer Pong:

http://www.bpong.com/wsobp/official-rules-of-the-world-series-of-beer-pong

Jilly
no tips, but it looks fantabulous. Invite us all to the tailgate.

TrebMaxx
02-04-2010, 01:37 PM
Why in my day, we played quarters, and we liked it!

Looks cool Monty. Never have played beer pong. But I have played pong, unfortunately I was only around 10 years old or so and beer was out of the question.

tooge
02-04-2010, 01:37 PM
must be after my time. How do you play?

OnTheWarpath15
02-04-2010, 01:38 PM
no tips, but it looks fantabulous. Invite us all to the tailgate.

Uh, some of us were there, and "others" decided not to show.

acesn8s
02-04-2010, 01:39 PM
Account for the wind.

And let the beautiful young women win. They bounce when they win.:thumb:

Jilly
02-04-2010, 01:43 PM
Uh, some of us were there, and "others" decided not to show.

We tried to show, but Phobia acted like a dickhead and decided not to introduce us to anyone. I felt a little uncomfortable going up to people who may or may not even be on CP and saying, "I'm Jilly, formally, Tits McGee."

OnTheWarpath15
02-04-2010, 01:43 PM
We tried to show, but Phobia acted like a dickhead and decided not to introduce us to anyone. I felt a little uncomfortable going up to people who may or may not even be on CP and saying, "I'm Jilly, formally, Tits McGee."

LMAO

DaKCMan AP
02-04-2010, 01:46 PM
Yes. Used to play every weekend but since I've been out of town so much I haven't in a while.

Two person is the standard game, but everyone has slightly different rules. We preferred to play 3-person, rapid-fire, 21-cup games.

Gonzo
02-04-2010, 01:48 PM
Never played.
Am I missing something?

Awesome table tho.

rockymtnchief
02-04-2010, 01:51 PM

It didn't bother me. I went up, introduced myself, and then demanded beer. Then Phobia said I was fat and made me run routes in the parking lot.

Pants
02-04-2010, 01:53 PM
must be after my time. How do you play?

You align 10 cups in a triangle on each side of the table, fill them 1/4 to 1/3 full with beer. 2 people on each side take turns trying to throw a ping pong ball into the cups. If you make the shot, the opposing team has to drink the beer in the cup. If both players make it in the same cup, the opposing team has to drink 4 cups. Empty cups are put to the side and you can chose to rearrange the cups into a new formation for better hit % capabilities (standard rules say you only get to do that twice during a match).

Bitches can blow the ball out of the cup if it hasn't touched the beer yet. Usually only girls do this because it's frowned upon if a guy does it (bitches blow).

You can bounce the ball in, but it's legal to block it - so clever distraction are necessary if you want to succeed with a bounce shot.

The team that has cups left on the table at the end, wins.

That's the gist of it.

Also, if you completely miss the table and the ball, somehow, rolls back to you, you can shoot it again but you have to do it from behind the back.

loochy
02-04-2010, 01:53 PM
I have a tip. Make sure to throw the ball upwards in a big arc rather than throwing in a straight line (like they teach you to shoot free throws). This makes the opening to the cup bigger and allows a better change of the ball going in.

Pants
02-04-2010, 01:57 PM
I have a tip. Make sure to throw the ball upwards in a big arc rather than throwing in a straight line (like they teach you to shoot free throws). This makes the opening to the cup bigger and allows a better change of the ball going in.

Yes, high arcs are a must if you are trying to win. Otherwise, the ball will just bounce off the cups in majority of the cases.

seclark
02-04-2010, 02:00 PM
smittysbar has a killer beer pong table if i remember correctly. there's a pic of it around here somewhere...
sec

loochy
02-04-2010, 02:01 PM
Anything I should do to make it more fun while tailgating?

Dude, anytime guzzling beer is involved you are guaranteed to have fun. ESPECIALLY after 3 games or so.

CoMoChief
02-04-2010, 02:04 PM
you should see Smitty's beer pong table. It's pretty cool.

Pants
02-04-2010, 02:06 PM
Dude, anytime guzzling beer is involved you are guaranteed to have fun. ESPECIALLY after 3 games or so.

In my experience, though, nothing gets you drunk quicker than playing flip cup for a night. All of a sudden, you just realize "Holy shit, the world is spinning." You don't know you're drunk until it's too late, haha.

Dartgod
02-04-2010, 02:12 PM
that's awesome!

Win, and Win fast.... the faster you end games, the less you get hammered...

the drunkest players are always the ones that win lots of close games... in a row...

if you lose you're out... win, and you play til you lose... so the faster you end em, the longer you can win AND walk...

also to note, if you have a girl with big breasts bouncing around behind you, it's considered a "Legal Distraction"
Without pictures, I deem this thread worthless.

Spicy McHaggis
02-04-2010, 02:14 PM
Nice table. You'll have fun with it although you'll have to adjust for wind if you're playing outside.

My roommates and I built one at my old house in KC that was rather awesome. We actually had a large Chiefs logo in the middle with painted "endzones" with the rest green. Then, whenever people came over to party, they signed the table. When I left to move to Wisco, I think we had 150+ different signatures. Good times.

Spicy McHaggis
02-04-2010, 02:15 PM

It's not only legal, it's encouraged.

Kyle DeLexus
02-04-2010, 02:25 PM
You align 10 cups in a triangle on each side of the table, fill them 1/4 to 1/3 full with beer. 2 people on each side take turns trying to throw a ping pong ball into the cups. If you make the shot, the opposing team has to drink the beer in the cup. If both players make it in the same cup, the opposing team has to drink 4 (same cup is worth 3 cups for us)cups. Empty cups are put to the side and you can chose to rearrange the cups into a new formation for better hit % capabilities (standard rules say you only get to do that twice during a match).

Bitches can blow the ball out of the cup if it hasn't touched the beer yet. Usually only girls do this because it's frowned upon if a guy does it (bitches blow).

You can bounce the ball in(bounce shot is worth 2 cups), but it's legal to block it - so clever distraction are necessary if you want to succeed with a bounce shot.

That's the gist of it.

Also, if you completely miss the table and the ball, somehow, rolls back to you, you can shoot it again but you have to do it from behind the back.(in our games if you shoot and completely miss the table if you have 6 or more cups on your side you have to drink one. Once the ball is on the floor it's out of play, if it rolls back to you on the table you take a behind the back shot.)

Some of our rules are different, but that's the gist.

One rule that's always fun is the NBA Jam rule. If the same shooter makes 3 in a row he/she says "I'm on fire" and gets to shoot until missing.

Another rule we have to encourage fast drinking, If you shoot and make it into a cup that one of your opponents are drinking out of (the cup in their hand or on the table that has their drink it in) you win. Doesn't matter if you were down by 9 cups before that shot.

One tip is to choose your partner wisely. My team has a starter and a closer. I'm very good at the beginning of games and I've got the bounce shot down on most tables(helps when your trying to make a comeback), but can shoot all day at the last cup or 2 and never make them. My partner is a closer and will nail the single cup shots(also very good to have for a comeback if you have the one cup win rule)

DJ_is_the_realdeal
02-04-2010, 02:35 PM
You align 10 cups in a triangle on each side of the table, fill them 1/4 to 1/3 full with beer. 2 people on each side take turns trying to throw a ping pong ball into the cups. If you make the shot, the opposing team has to drink the beer in the cup. If both players make it in the same cup, the opposing team has to drink 4 cups. Empty cups are put to the side and you can chose to rearrange the cups into a new formation for better hit % capabilities (standard rules say you only get to do that twice during a match).

You can bounce the ball in, but it's legal to block it - so clever distraction are necessary if you want to succeed with a bounce shot.

That's the gist of it.

Also, if you completely miss the table and the ball, somehow, rolls back to you, you can shoot it again but you have to do it from behind the back.

We play if you get a ball in a cup and the opposition does not move the cup and your partner throws it in the same cup. The game is automatically over. They have to drink the rest of the cups.

tooge
02-04-2010, 02:42 PM
I am definitely too old for this. dont get me wrong, I can swill beer with the best of them and hang with whoever, but I'm too lazy to play a game to do it.

Pants
02-04-2010, 02:46 PM
We play if you get a ball in a cup and the opposition does not move the cup and your partner throws it in the same cup. The game is automatically over. They have to drink the rest of the cups.

Dude, the games would be over quick, lol. Drinking 4 cups is almost too much/too eazy to win.

The Franchise
02-04-2010, 02:54 PM
Dude....don't bounce the ball. Bouncing is for chicks and pussies.

Kyle DeLexus
02-04-2010, 02:58 PM
Dude....don't bounce the ball. Bouncing is for chicks and pussies.Normally I'd agree, but if your playing against guys that aren't paying attention or are just annoying bounce and get the game over as fast as possible. Or if you are down and need a comeback, you do whatever it takes to get back in the game.

The Franchise
02-04-2010, 02:59 PM
Normally I'd agree, but if your playing against guys that aren't paying attention or are just annoying bounce and get the game over as fast as possible. Or if you are down and need a comeback, you do whatever it takes to get back in the game.

I can't stand people that bounce. That shit doesn't take as much skill as throwing the ball into the cup.

Pants
02-04-2010, 03:08 PM
I can't stand people that bounce. That shit doesn't take as much skill as throwing the ball into the cup.

So fucking block that shit, lol. Bounces do NOTHING if you're paying attention.

The Franchise
02-04-2010, 03:09 PM
So fucking block that shit, lol. Bounces do NOTHING if you're paying attention.

I block it everytime. I'm just saying.....that shit is fucking lame. The chances of you catching someone not paying attention is slim to none.....unless you're partner is a hot chick.

Pants
02-04-2010, 03:11 PM
I block it everytime. I'm just saying.....that shit is ****ing lame. The chances of you catching someone not paying attention is slim to none.....unless you're partner is a hot chick.

Well, if you block it all the time, why hate it? It just means more chances for you to win.

If a bounce shot is made, there's usually a lot of laughing at the other team involved. It's good times.

The Franchise
02-04-2010, 03:12 PM
Well, if you block it all the time, why bitch about it. It just means more chances for you to win.

Because it's annoying as shit to play a game where the ball gets bounced. I'm competitive......I don't want to just kill people all of the time...it's not fun.

Pablo
02-04-2010, 03:15 PM
If you're under 28, there's about a 90% chance you've played beer pong before. So yeah, it's a popular game; mostly with younger folks, but still fun for people of any age to play.

And it's a good drinking game. Since I graduated from college, my skills have fell off significantly. And it kills me inside.

Pablo
02-04-2010, 03:17 PM
Bounce shots are fine. If you can't defend the bounce, you shouldn't be playing at all.

Monty
02-04-2010, 03:22 PM
Read up, courtesy of the World Series of Beer Pong:

http://www.bpong.com/wsobp/official-rules-of-the-world-series-of-beer-pong

Already done that....just curious to know if there are any regional rules not on the website. :)

Monty
02-04-2010, 03:24 PM
Why in my day, we played quarters, and we liked it!

Looks cool Monty. Never have played beer pong. But I have played pong, unfortunately I was only around 10 years old or so and beer was out of the question.

This reminds me of quarters.

Kyle DeLexus
02-04-2010, 03:24 PM

Work smarter not harder. It'll bounce maybe once in every 5-7 games when I'm playing against a team that isn't paying attention.

A flank attack is often easier than just charging into a fight full force. It's all strategy and winning is all that matters.

Otter
02-04-2010, 03:25 PM
Never played.
Am I missing something?

Awesome table tho.

I don't even know who you are anymore. :(

Pablo
02-04-2010, 03:26 PM
Work smarter not harder. It'll bounce maybe once in every 5-7 games when I'm playing against a team that isn't paying attention.

A flank attack is often easier than just charging into a fight full force. It's all strategy and winning is all that matters.Bouncing is great if you can coordinate a low fast bounce with your partners throw. I've double cupped it more times than I can remember with this trick. Too busy watching the throwing motion to fully pick up the bounce throws the other team off; and if you're playing someone drunk enough they'll even swat the wrong ball and you get a gimme cup.

Monty
02-04-2010, 03:26 PM

Phobia was a dickhead? Really?? I guess there's a first time for everything. ROFL

DO NOT hesitate to introduce yourself at our tailgate. :) We're all friends and have a great time. Everyone there knows about the Planet, so no worries. :toast:

Monty
02-04-2010, 03:28 PM
It didn't bother me. I went up, introduced myself, and then demanded beer. Then Phobia said I was fat and made me run routes in the parking lot.

ROFL

Monty
02-04-2010, 03:30 PM
In my experience, though, nothing gets you drunk quicker than playing flip cup for a night. All of a sudden, you just realize "Holy shit, the world is spinning." You don't know you're drunk until it's too late, haha.

I need to introduce you to a game called Party Warriors that we played back in our college days. Same effect, but you got a T-shirt at the end. The only issue was trying to remember that you received a T-shirt the next day. ;)

Monty
02-04-2010, 03:34 PM
Nice table. You'll have fun with it although you'll have to adjust for wind if you're playing outside.

My roommates and I built one at my old house in KC that was rather awesome. We actually had a large Chiefs logo in the middle with painted "endzones" with the rest green. Then, whenever people came over to party, they signed the table. When I left to move to Wisco, I think we had 150+ different signatures. Good times.

Yep, wind is something to consider. I'm thinking of getting one of these to counter that issue. You can freeze it so it keeps the beer cold on hot days.

http://www.slipperybrick.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/nic.jpg

Signing the table is a GREAT idea. :toast:

Pablo
02-04-2010, 03:35 PM
Yep, wind is something to consider. I'm thinking of getting one of these to counter that issue. You can freeze it so it keeps the beer cold on hot days.

http://www.slipperybrick.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/nic.jpg

Signing the table is a GREAT idea. :toast:Eh, the cups shouldn't move all that much as long as you have a decent amount of beer in them; but the ball will.

Pants
02-04-2010, 03:37 PM
I need to introduce you to a game called Party Warriors that we played back in our college days. Same effect, but you got a T-shirt at the end. The only issue was trying to remember that you received a T-shirt the next day. ;)

Never heard of it, lol. Sounds intriguing.

The Franchise
02-04-2010, 03:38 PM
Wanna make beer pong fun?

Fill it with shots instead of beer. That always turns into an early night.

Pablo
02-04-2010, 03:42 PM

Fill it with shots instead of beer. That always turns into an early night.LOL. No thanks. I prefer to play more than 2 games.

Pants
02-04-2010, 03:45 PM

Fill it with shots instead of beer. That always turns into an early night.

Dang, that's some hardcore shit right there.

BigVE
02-04-2010, 03:45 PM
So, let me get this part straight...you all share the same ping pong balls, you all handle these balls and they end up IN the beers...and THEN your drinking them. Yummy.

Pablo
02-04-2010, 03:46 PM
Dang, that's some hardcore shit right there.Kind of like saying...Wanna have a great time smoking a joint? Bang some heroin. Makes for a great night.

Pablo
02-04-2010, 03:46 PM
So, let me get this part straight...you all share the same ping pong balls, you all handle these balls and they end up IN the beers...and THEN your drinking them. Yummy.I prefer to use water cups for that very reason.

Pants
02-04-2010, 03:47 PM
So, let me get this part straight...you all share the same ping pong balls, you all handle these balls and they end up IN the beers...and THEN your drinking them. Yummy.

There's usually a cup filled with water on both sides to clean the ball off. We're not fucking cavemen.

Monty
02-04-2010, 03:48 PM
Never heard of it, lol. Sounds intriguing.

Simply put, you drink heavily for one hour:

Start of game: Drink one 12 oz. glass/cup of beer(1 min. time limit or you're disqualified)
Every 30 seconds: Drink one shot of beer
At the 30 minute mark: Drink one 12 oz. glass/cup of beer(1 min. time limit or you're disqualified)
For the next 30 minutes, repeat the shot of beer every 30 seconds
At 60 minute mark: Drink one 12 oz. glass/cup of beer

If you blow anytime during the hour, you're disqualified.

There was a bar in Wakeeney, KS that we used to go for this game. It's a blast with 10 or more people playing.

Pants
02-04-2010, 03:49 PM
Kind of like saying...Wanna have a great time smoking a joint? Bang some heroin. Makes for a great night.

ROFL

Pants
02-04-2010, 03:54 PM

Start of game: Drink one 12 oz. glass/cup of beer(1 min. time limit or you're disqualified)
At the 30 minute mark: Drink one 12 oz. glass/cup of beer(1 min. time limit or you're disqualified)

There was a bar in Wakeeney, KS that we used to go for this game. It's a blast with 10 or more people playing.

Holy shit. How many cans of beer are there in 120 shots?

Pablo
02-04-2010, 03:58 PM
Holy shit. How many cans of beer are there in 120 shots?Shot is typically 2 oz.

So 120 shots would be 240 oz. or 20 beers.

BigVE
02-04-2010, 03:58 PM
There's usually a cup filled with water on both sides to clean the ball off. We're not ****ing cavemen.

OK, cool, tap water cleans everything. :rolleyes:

Just sayin'. :);)

Pablo
02-04-2010, 03:59 PM

Just sayin'. :);)Old people worry about diseases and shit.

When you're young and vital your body just beats the shit out of germs and STD's and stuff.

The Franchise
02-04-2010, 04:01 PM

I've done the "Take a shot of beer every minute until you can't do it anymore" game. That shit fucked up my world.

BigVE
02-04-2010, 04:02 PM
Old people worry about diseases and shit.

When you're young and vital your body just beats the shit out of germs and STD's and stuff.

LOL, I can deal with a lot of things but hand washing has become an afterthought for so many people that the idea of drinking a beer after a beer pong ball has been in it is pretty disgusting to me. Maybe thats why I have never played it. Eh, to each their own though.

Pablo
02-04-2010, 04:03 PM
I've done the "Take a shot of beer every minute until you can't do it anymore" game. That shit ****ed up my world.It's called a Power Hour.

And it's the most surefire way to get fucked out of your head. If you go conservative and do a moderate guzzle, approx. 2 oz. every minute, you're taking down 10 beers in an hour. And you should feel just fine after that.

The power half-hour is a great idea if you're getting ready to head out to the bar.

Kyle DeLexus
02-04-2010, 04:04 PM

Just sayin'. :);)

For people that think like this, you can have water in the cups and then a seperate drinking cup. It's not traditional and people will compare you to female anatomy, but I guess you won't catch anything.

I've done the "Take a shot of beer every minute until you can't do it anymore" game. That shit ****ed up my world.

The old power hour....never went until you can't do it anymore though.

BigVE
02-04-2010, 04:06 PM
[QUOTE=Kyle DeLexus;6505906]For people that think like this, you can have water in the cups and then a seperate drinking cup. It's not traditional and people will compare you to female anatomy, but I guess you won't catch anything.

Well call me Suzy then because I'm OUT. I will be the guy who's watching the game while drinking my fresh, clean beer. lol

Pants
02-04-2010, 04:23 PM
10 beers in one hour? I'd be drunk.

22 beers in one hour? I'd probably die.

Pablo
02-04-2010, 04:24 PM
10 beers in one hour? I'd be drunk.

22 beers in one hour? I'd probably die.FIRST ONE TO DIE'S A TOTAL PUSSY!!!

DBoweFoSho
02-04-2010, 04:59 PM
how have you old people never heard of beer pong? its wayyyy more popular than the game "pong" ...and its free other than the beer. you need 12 cups or 20 cups . 6v6 cups or 10v10 games.