PDA

View Full Version : Football Adalius Thomas: Falling out began in Week One

T-post Tom
02-04-2010, 11:28 PM
Might we see a token trade (KC?), just so NE can keep him away from division rivals?

Adalius Thomas: Falling out began in Week One
Posted by Evan Silva

Patriots LB Adalius Thomas, who is likely to be released this offseason, revealed Thursday that his falling out with coach Bill Belichick began in a meeting after the Pats' Week One comeback win over the Bills.

"It was the play of the Buffalo game," explained Thomas, who called the meeting with Belichick "confusing" and said things "got more confusing as the year went on."

"I had a meeting and I really didn't understand some of the stuff I was told," he added. "So I knew at that point, it was bigger than what was on the surface. You guys watched the games. I was used totally different this year than I was last year before I broke my arm."

Thomas is right in terms of his usage. With the Patriots playing more 4-3, he played strong-side linebacker instead of rushing off the edge. Naturally, Thomas' sack numbers were down.

"I want to come somewhere where I'm wanted and where I'm gonna have fun," he ended by saying. "If I'm not gonna do that, that's not where I'm gonna be."

Thomas is likely to be released before the start of the new league year on March 5. His old defensive coordinator, Rex Ryan, could afford to supplement the Jets' pass rush opposite Calvin Pace.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/02/04/adalius-thomas-falling-out-began-in-week-one/

-King-
02-04-2010, 11:35 PM
He'll be cut, and even then....

MoreLemonPledge
02-05-2010, 12:09 AM
Bring

Pushead2
02-05-2010, 03:58 AM
sign & print.

JD10367
02-05-2010, 04:07 AM
I love whiners. Ever notice that all the ex-Patriots who whine either a.) wanted more money, b.) weren't as good as they thought they were, or c.) were basically failures? Aside from Adam "Just A Kicker" Vinatieri, has any of them gone on to better things, or to show that Belichick was mistaken in letting them hit the road? (And, FWIW, the Pats offered to make Vinatieri the highest-paid kicker by a good margin, but Indy offered even more and he wanted to kick in a dome to pad his stats.)

The Pats threw a lot of money at Adalius Thomas. He never lived up to the hype. He was pretty much a disappointment. Apparently the Ravens knew what they were doing when they let him walk, and apparently Adalius Thomas benefited greatly from playing on Baltimore's D with a lot of talent around him.

But, no, it can't be 'cause he's underachieving, not living up to expectations, not getting the job done. It must be 'cause mean old Belichick didn't know how to use widdle Adawwius and was confusing him and doesn't want him. Waaaah! F**k off.

You want him, you guys are welcome to him. Just don't pay him a lot, or expect a lot.

Crush
02-05-2010, 05:20 AM
You don't know what you got until its gone. /Cinderella
Posted via Mobile Device

OnTheWarpath15
02-05-2010, 09:25 AM
I love whiners. Ever notice that all the ex-Patriots who whine either a.) wanted more money, b.) weren't as good as they thought they were, or c.) were basically failures? Aside from Adam "Just A Kicker" Vinatieri, has any of them gone on to better things, or to show that Belichick was mistaken in letting them hit the road? (And, FWIW, the Pats offered to make Vinatieri the highest-paid kicker by a good margin, but Indy offered even more and he wanted to kick in a dome to pad his stats.)

The Pats threw a lot of money at Adalius Thomas. He never lived up to the hype. He was pretty much a disappointment. Apparently the Ravens knew what they were doing when they let him walk, and apparently Adalius Thomas benefited greatly from playing on Baltimore's D with a lot of talent around him.

But, no, it can't be 'cause he's underachieving, not living up to expectations, not getting the job done. It must be 'cause mean old Belichick didn't know how to use widdle Adawwius and was confusing him and doesn't want him. Waaaah! F**k off.

You want him, you guys are welcome to him. Just don't pay him a lot, or expect a lot.

That's why at lot of us snicker when we bring in an ex-Patriot. Belichick is a fucking genius at knowing when to let a guy go.

Off of the top of my head, the only guy to leave and still maintain his level of play is Asante Samuel.

Someone might try to argue for Seymour, but getting a high 1st round pick for a guy in his 30's is fucking brilliant.

JD10367
02-05-2010, 02:54 PM
That's why at lot of us snicker when we bring in an ex-Patriot. Belichick is a fucking genius at knowing when to let a guy go.

Off of the top of my head, the only guy to leave and still maintain his level of play is Asante Samuel.

Someone might try to argue for Seymour, but getting a high 1st round pick for a guy in his 30's is fucking brilliant.

And even with Samuel I'm not sure. He got a lot of dough, but the few times I caught an Eagles game I'd see him get abused.

Much like Seymour, if you can get Adalius for one year, cheap, he might be in pissed-off "prove to the world" mode. I wouldn't go long-term or big bucks, though.

OnTheWarpath15
02-05-2010, 02:56 PM
And even with Samuel I'm not sure. He got a lot of dough, but the few times I caught an Eagles game I'd see him get abused.

Much like Seymour, if you can get Adalius for one year, cheap, he might be in pissed-off "prove to the world" mode. I wouldn't go long-term or big bucks, though.

I'll take a CB with 9 INT's on my team.

sedated
02-05-2010, 02:59 PM
IIRC, Thomas had a pretty good season or two with NE. Just not this year.