PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Man Cave

grimes82
02-05-2010, 01:41 PM
Just wondering how many have turned a basement or room in thier house into a "man cave." I have just about finished my man cave, which is heaven for any chiefs fan. I have signed jerseys in shadow boxes, signed pictures, signed mini helmets, a full size helmet signed by 32 players for SB IV.....and several other chiefs memorabilia. I also have a wall for my time in the Marines and my current role as a state trooper. But for the most part, chiefs stuff.

Anyway, when I am finished I am going to take a ton of pictures and post them on here. Anybody else who has done the same, I would love to see pictures of how it turned out!

smittysbar
02-05-2010, 01:42 PM
I have a room, though never took any pics of it yet.

grimes82
02-05-2010, 01:43 PM
What all do you have in it?

Sure-Oz
02-05-2010, 01:44 PM
Isn't Nzoners house a man cave?

Radar Chief
02-05-2010, 01:45 PM
Yea, have an office area attached to the back of my garage that’s my man cave.
Got the TV and stereo set up in there but I’ve been too busy working on the Corveep to get the man cave fully organized so it’s not picture worthy yet.

BigRedChief
02-05-2010, 01:46 PM
Big screen HD TV
Surround sound
3 Leather Lazyboy barcoloungers, leather couch
Signed sports memorbilia on the wall
A bar
fooseball table
Poker table

Yeah I guess that qualifies.

Frazod
I turned the spare bedroom into the Man Cave. It rocks. I'll post some pictures later.

BigRedChief
Isn't Nzoners house a man cave?no, his is a man city block.

grimes82
02-05-2010, 01:49 PM
I forgot to add I have 4 tv's to watch the suday ticket games. It's my little dose of heaven on earth.

Earthling
02-05-2010, 01:49 PM
I'd gotta do something like that. 15 year old daughter, wife, and sister in law next door. I NEED a place like that!

Frazod
02-05-2010, 01:50 PM
Isn't Nzoners house a man cave?

2/3rds of it is. Nzoner has the coolest wife on earth. :thumb:

grimes82
02-05-2010, 01:51 PM
and a large stocked bar. As soon as I get the cieling up I will take pics...

Donger
02-05-2010, 01:51 PM
My man cave consists of the Runaway Slave Retention Device and Gruel Dispenser.

grimes82
02-05-2010, 01:53 PM
Ya, I have a wife...7 y/o son and 4 y/o daughter....I need it very much so. Not to mention its just a place to forget about all the bs I deal with at work!

Earthling
02-05-2010, 01:56 PM
Ya, I have a wife...7 y/o son and 4 y/o daughter....I need it very much so. Not to mention its just a place to forget about all the bs I deal with at work!

Hey! I just noticed i got more posts than you! Thats unusual..:D
Welcome to the Planet.

Buck
02-05-2010, 01:58 PM
Man Cave?

Sounds like you'd need some kind of operation for that.

Inspector
02-05-2010, 01:58 PM
I have a manstorageshed. With an extension cord going to it. High tech stuff.

Yeah, that's right. I'm bad.

grimes82
02-05-2010, 02:00 PM
I'd gotta do something like that. 15 year old daughter, wife, and sister in law next door. I NEED a place like that!

Hey! I just noticed i got more posts than you! Thats unusual..:D
Welcome to the Planet.

Ya, Im on here all the time since 2007, but read more than anything else trying to keep up with news.

Earthling
02-05-2010, 02:02 PM
Ya, Im on here all the time since 2007, but read more than anything else trying to keep up with news.

:thumb:

BTAU
02-05-2010, 02:08 PM
I haven't finished my man cave, but I am in the process. Working on getting a dedicated home theater in the sub basement of my house. Currently, I am stuck in the sanding/mudding phase. I'll be psyched when it is finished.

booyaf2
02-05-2010, 02:23 PM
Two car attached garage. Wife parks her car on her side. My side has a card table, 36" lcd hd tv, pellet stove, 8 feet of bar area going each way along the walls from the corner where the tv is hanging, beer fridge, lazy boy, several patio chairs, a chiefs flag, holmes jersey, a chiefs xmas tree i haven't taken down yet, 900 of my son's hot wheels spread across the floor, a couple of my daughter's dolls, etc etc, its my man cave. Although it never fails, anytime i'm in there, everyone else soon follows, so I don't know how mannish or cavish it is.

Chief Henry
02-05-2010, 02:30 PM
Just got done with mine about one year ago. I'm still putting pics up.

seclark
02-05-2010, 02:35 PM
i keep my dead granny's organ in the basement.
go ahead...make jokes. it's there.
sec

Lumpy
02-05-2010, 02:36 PM
We're still working on Gonzo's man cave in our basement. So far he has a built-in entertainment center housing a big screen tv and we have almost all the walls covered w/ wainscot.

The decor is hunting related, (of course). He has his game mounts, along w/ a few paintings and such hung on the finished walls. He has a pool table, a dart board, a poker table, and his PS3, (which is currently upstairs).

Eventually we will finish his man cave, but we were having issues w/ water leakage so it put everything on hold.

Radar Chief
02-05-2010, 02:39 PM
We're still working on Gonzo's man cave in our basement. So far he has a built-in entertainment center housing a big screen tv and we have almost all the walls covered w/ wainscot.

The decor is hunting related, (of course). He has his game mounts, along w/ a few paintings and such hung on the finished walls. He has a pool table, a dart board, a poker table, and his PS3, (which is currently upstairs).

Eventually we will finish his man cave, but we were having issues w/ water leakage so it put everything on hold.

Now there's a shocker. ;)

Bweb
02-05-2010, 02:42 PM
Made one of the upstairs rooms into "Dad's Place". I have big TV, Stereo, Poker Table, Mini Fridge, Sofa & Recliner, & Xbox 360.

Alas, my 2 sons (ages 7 & 8) love "Dad's Place" :D

Lumpy
02-05-2010, 02:43 PM
Now there's a shocker. ;)

Heh. Oh and I forgot to mention the elk antler/glass coffee table and the elk antler pool table light. ;)

Bwana
02-05-2010, 02:43 PM
My man cave is my shop. I have all kinds of different hunting and fishing signs, a stereo, a bunch of other crap and a loaded beer fridge. It hooks into the garage and there's great place out there to sit around, have a few brews, while listening to some tunes and bullshiting.

BigRedChief
02-05-2010, 02:44 PM
Heh. Oh and I forgot to mention the elk antler/glass coffee table and the elk antler pool table light. ;)jeeezz:rolleyes:

BTAU
02-05-2010, 02:48 PM
I modt have ahd the pictures of the progress of my theater on my old phone. I will have to snap some the next time I start working on it again. We have it set up for a projector onto a 120" screen, 7.2 surround sound with all video game consoles connected to it and staudium Home Theater seating with the rumble in them (although that will be long after the project is finished).

We will be putting a bar in, but I have a feeling that project is lower on the list of projects to get done around the house.

Radar Chief
02-05-2010, 02:53 PM
Heh. Oh and I forgot to mention the elk antler/glass coffee table and the elk antler pool table light. ;)

Without a Boogie Bass it means nothing. ;)

Radar Chief
02-05-2010, 02:57 PM
jeeezz:rolleyes:

Well, the subject is “man cave”. When the conversation turns to doilies and Oprah’s book of the month club we’ll let you know. ;)

Lumpy
02-05-2010, 02:57 PM
Without a Boogie Bass it means nothing. ;)

LMAO Tacky.

The elk anters are real btw. ;) Gonzo has expensive taste.

Radar Chief
02-05-2010, 02:58 PM
LMAO Tacky.

The elk anters are real btw. ;) Gonzo has expensive taste.

A Boogie Bass spells class with a “k”.

Lumpy
02-05-2010, 03:00 PM
A Boogie Bass spells class with a “k”.

Let me guess, you have one on your wall above your scrapbooking supplies, don't you? :p

Radar Chief
02-05-2010, 03:03 PM
Let me guess, you have one on your wall above your scrapbooking supplies, don't you? :p

No but dad has one. I’m waiting to inherit it, and other equally valuable family heirlooms.

Radar Chief
02-05-2010, 03:25 PM
My man cave also serves double duty as Rhetta’s house so I guess I do sort of have a picture of it.

MOhillbilly
02-05-2010, 04:50 PM
my shop is my man cave.

rageeumr
02-05-2010, 04:54 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=167600

Mine is a gender-neutral cave.

Jenson71
02-05-2010, 05:03 PM
go ahead...make jokes. it's there.
sec

Do you mean a piano-like instrument, or a kidney?

Jenson71
02-05-2010, 05:04 PM
I want to see pics, people. I'll rep you if your man cave is cool enough.

rageeumr
02-05-2010, 05:07 PM

There's pics in the thread I linked.
Posted via Mobile Device

Jenson71
02-05-2010, 05:18 PM
There's pics in the thread I linked.
Posted via Mobile Device

Then we shall dine with rep tonight.

Radar Chief
02-05-2010, 05:34 PM

Q: What's better than roses on your piano?
A: Tulips on your organ.

(Buh, dum, tish) OH!

Groves
02-05-2010, 06:13 PM

I'm trying to figure out if you're a spleen guy or whether you went with the brain.

bevischief
02-05-2010, 06:33 PM
no, his is a man city block.

ROFL

That sounds about right!

Bugeater
02-05-2010, 06:37 PM
My man cave is under construction currently, and isn't scheduled for completion until next summer. Or next winter. Maybe.

ChiefsCountry
02-05-2010, 07:20 PM
I'm waiting on getting my new place before I start on my man cave/office. I got some sweet stuff to hang up just waiting on my place.

Some of my stuff:
Len Dawson Autographed Jersey
Derrick Thomas Autographed Jersey
5 George Brett Autographed Bats
1985 World Series Autographed Ball

Frazod
02-05-2010, 08:04 PM
OK, here's my Man Cave.

The Man Cave is painted BLOOD RED, as it should be!

In the shot, you can see the computer, the Wii, the Xbox, the TV, the refrigerator and the bar. On the wall are some autographs and my collage commemorating Missouri's great victory over the evile scum of Kansas in '07. In the second shot, you can see the Man Cave Command Chair (which will eventually be replaced by a recliner), as well as my Marto Conan sword, mini-helmets autographed by Chase Daniel and Joe Montana, picture of my ship, Conan poster, and my shellback certificate (crossed the equator on a ship). I don't have a lot of room to work with, but I feel I've made the most of it.

grimes82
02-05-2010, 08:27 PM
OK, here's my Man Cave.

The Man Cave is painted BLOOD RED, as it should be!

In the shot, you can see the computer, the Wii, the Xbox, the TV, the refrigerator and the bar. On the wall are some autographs and my collage commemorating Missouri's great victory over the evile scum of Kansas in '07. In the second shot, you can see the Man Cave Command Chair (which will eventually be replaced by a recliner), as well as my Marto Conan sword, mini-helmets autographed by Chase Daniel and Joe Montana, picture of my ship, Conan poster, and my shellback certificate (crossed the equator on a ship). I don't have a lot of room to work with, but I feel I've made the most of it.

Looks nice! Im still trying to collect some autographed memorabilia. Anyone know of the best and most affordable place to get chiefs stuff?

grimes82
02-05-2010, 08:30 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=167600

Mine is a gender-neutral cave.

Thats sweet! Did you do that yourself?

58-4ever
02-05-2010, 08:49 PM
I'm jealous. I'm at the point where I can finally afford something cool... but, I have my first newborn on the way, we are going to Hawaii in 7 days, and money is tight. When the baby comes I'm going to eventually turn the third room into an awesome man cave. A few arcade games, a beer tap, 50 inch Plasma, a few leather recliners, PS3, lots of Chiefs memorabilia, and my Kevin Durant stuff (the MVP of the NBA this year)

Nzoner
02-05-2010, 08:53 PM
For any of the nOObs or whomever hasn't seen my man cavern,here's a few pics with plenty of planeteers and even a shot of the deck.

Frazod
02-05-2010, 08:54 PM
Looks nice! Im still trying to collect some autographed memorabilia. Anyone know of the best and most affordable place to get chiefs stuff?

I've picked stuff up here and there. A couple were gifts, some I bought in KC, some online, a couple I got in person or had someone get them in person. Most of my autographed stuff is downstairs - we have a little shelf in the corner of the living room.

Frazod
02-05-2010, 08:58 PM
For any of the nOObs or whomever hasn't seen my man cavern,here's a few pics with plenty of planeteers and even a shot of the deck.

This is the Ultimate Man Cave. All other Man Caves bow down in reverence (at least all the other ones I've seen).

Joe's house is basically 1/3 house and 2/3rds sports bar.

:wayne:

Lumpy
02-05-2010, 08:59 PM

I picked up a few autographed cards on Yahoo Auctions. I'm sure you could find some great deals on Ebay too. Just make sure they come w/ a letter of authenticity.

Nzoner
02-05-2010, 09:02 PM
This is the Ultimate Man Cave. All other Man Caves bow down in reverence (at least all the other ones I've seen).

Joe's house is basically 1/3 house and 2/3rds sports bar.

:wayne:

I tried entering it on HGTV's best man caves and the fockers replied we don't make it to the midwest very often to judge. 4321

OnTheWarpath15
02-05-2010, 09:03 PM
Not really a man-cave, but more of a rec room/theater room.

http://i46.tinypic.com/seogbb.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/29wuw7c.jpg

Frazod
02-05-2010, 09:05 PM
I picked up a few autographed cards on Yahoo Auctions. I'm sure you could find some great deals on Ebay too. Just make sure they come w/ a letter of authenticity.

And even then they might be fakes. I've seen figures that claim 70% of autographed memorabilia is fake. I can only say with certainty that seven of mine are legit. Of the rest, maybe they are, maybe they aren't. I have certificates for most of them, but how do you know the certificates mean anything?

But since there's no way to prove it one way or another, as long as I think they're real, they're real to me.

Frazod
02-05-2010, 09:06 PM
Not really a man-cave, but more of a rec room/theater room.

http://i46.tinypic.com/seogbb.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/29wuw7c.jpg

Are you kidding? That's great! It's a great big classy Man Cave! :thumb:

Nzoner
02-05-2010, 09:07 PM

No disrespect intended,I just won't buy anything autographed,I have numerous autographed items but I have to get them myself so i know they're 100% real.

OnTheWarpath15
02-05-2010, 09:07 PM
And even then they might be fakes. I've seen figures that claim 70% of autographed memorabilia is fake. I can only say with certainty that seven of mine are legit. Of the rest, maybe they are, maybe they aren't. I have certificates for most of them, but how do you know the certificates mean anything?

But since there's no way to prove it one way or another, as long as I think they're real, they're real to me.

Yep.

I used to sell memorabilia on the side before Ebay ruined the business.

Nowadays, the only way to be 100% sure the autograph is legit is to get it yourself, in person.

And it's gotten hard to get them first hand, because 99% of athletes think you're just going to sell it on Ebay.

OnTheWarpath15
02-05-2010, 09:08 PM
Are you kidding? That's great! It's a great big classy Man Cave! :thumb:

It's a compromise. A man cave with some female decorating expertise.

We love it, and spend most of our time down there. TV, ping-pong, a bar, an elliptical, and a poker table.

Everything we need, all in one place, but not too crowded.

Nzoner
02-05-2010, 09:11 PM
It's a compromise. A man cave with some female decorating expertise.

LMAO I know the feeling,I posted a pic one time of my place and the mrs had left one of her afghans laying on the recliner and I'll be damned if with everything else to see that didn't get pointed out

Lumpy
02-05-2010, 09:12 PM
No disrespect intended,I just won't buy anything autographed,I have numerous autographed items but I have to get them myself so i know they're 100% real.

None taken. I completely agree. I've only purchased autographed items twice and they were legit... I think. :hmmm: LMAO

Nzoner
02-05-2010, 09:14 PM
None taken. I completely agree. I've only purchased autographed items twice and they were legit... I think. :hmmm: LMAO

btw,in case you didn't know,that pic is of Bob"frog molester" Dole :D

Lumpy
02-05-2010, 09:17 PM
btw,in case you didn't know,that pic is of Bob"frog molester" Dole :D

ROFL I did not know that.

Gonzo and I will need to make our way to the next gathering. :thumb:

Frazod
02-05-2010, 09:18 PM
Here's a close-up of my Missouri/Kansas collage. Joe should appreciate this, since he's in the photo. :D

Clockwise from the left - the Star special edition "MU beats KU" thing they passed out in the Arrowhead parking lot after the game, the Sports Illustrated cover from the following week, a picture of Joe and I taken immediately after the game was over, and my ticket.

:rockon:

OnTheWarpath15
02-05-2010, 09:21 PM
Here's a close-up of my Missouri/Kansas collage. Joe should appreciate this, since he's in the photo. :D

Clockwise from the left - the Star special edition "MU beats KU" thing they passed out in the Arrowhead parking lot after the game, the Sports Illustrated cover from the following week, a picture of Joe and I taken immediately after the game was over, and my ticket.

:rockon:

Nice.

The small frames on each side of the Delaney painting in my basement are framed 2006 WS tickets from games 4 and 5.

I also (not pictured) have an Opening Day ticket from the first game at New Busch and an All-Star program, ticket and home run derby ticket all framed similarly.

Frazod
02-05-2010, 09:24 PM
Nice.

The small frames on each side of the Delaney painting in my basement are framed 2006 WS tickets from games 4 and 5.

I also (not pictured) have an Opening Day ticket from the first game at New Busch and an All-Star program, ticket and home run derby ticket all framed similarly.

Awesome :thumb:

The only other major event game I ever attended was the 2006 NFC Championship Game in Chicago. I actually gave the ticket to a friend of mine who is a die hard Bears fan - it meant a lot more to him that it did to me, since I'm only a lukewarm Bears fan.

But I know I was there. It was a cool experience.

Nzoner
02-05-2010, 09:29 PM
ROFL I did not know that.

Gonzo and I will need to make our way to the next gathering. :thumb:

In my experience meeting planeteers is always good.....well there was this one time I met a real :whackit:

:)

OnTheWarpath15
02-05-2010, 09:34 PM
Awesome :thumb:

The only other major event game I ever attended was the 2006 NFC Championship Game in Chicago. I actually gave the ticket to a friend of mine who is a die hard Bears fan - it meant a lot more to him that it did to me, since I'm only a lukewarm Bears fan.

But I know I was there. It was a cool experience.

Funny, I did the exact same thing after I went to the 1999 NFC Championship here in STL.

I keep ticket stubs from every event I attend - I have a few shoeboxes full.

On top of the bookshelf in the 2nd pic of my basement, there are two footballs. One is a "K" ball from the game at Arrowhead when we beat the Cardinals 49-0 (IIRC) and the other is a legit game ball from Training Camp signed by Jared Allen.

Really the only other event I have "memorabilia" from is the BMW Championship at Bellerive in 2008.

http://i45.tinypic.com/jfz33n.jpg

http://i50.tinypic.com/5ul3j5.jpg

stevieray
02-05-2010, 09:38 PM
where is the DT painting in that room?

I can see why you guys would hang down there..great space...!

OnTheWarpath15
02-05-2010, 09:40 PM
where is the DT painting in that room?

I can see why you guys would hang down there..great space...!

That's an old pic.

The DT painting is now where the JD painting is in the above pic, and the JD painting is in the empty space to the right of the bookshelf.

Both look like they were made for our walls. They are perfect.

stevieray
02-05-2010, 09:47 PM
That's an old pic.

The DT painting is now where the JD painting is in the above pic, and the JD painting is in the empty space to the right of the bookshelf.

Both look like they were made for our walls. They are perfect.

:thumb:

that's awesome. i'm so glad you're pleased...someday if you get a chance, shoot me a pic of the wall...not very often people are brave enough to paint a wall black...

Earthling
02-06-2010, 02:06 AM
Damn nice caves. I'm jealous. :thumb:

Radar Chief
02-06-2010, 11:27 AM
I'm jealous. My man cave is still trashed from the move, and not nearly that big to begin with. I've got plans for it but what little spare time I have that isn't spoken for by MiniRadar, Mrs. Radar or Rhetta the Garage Dog has been spent working on this, which has been moving much slower than I care for.

http://i46.tinypic.com/1rah53.jpg

grimes82
02-06-2010, 11:38 AM

Jesus....and I was proud of mine until I saw that. Very Nice!