PDA

View Full Version : Football The 'Big Game' Menu Thread (lest the NFL ban the use of Superbowl)

memyselfI
02-06-2010, 01:25 PM
What's on your menu?

We are doing nacho/fajita/burrito,/quesadilla buffet.

Chicken, taco meat, steak, cheese, queso, beans, and the various condiments.

milkman
02-06-2010, 01:31 PM
I have to give you credit.

You can't even make a thread about food without a non political or social comment.

Useless fucking bitch.

kstater
02-06-2010, 01:32 PM
ROFL

BigVE
02-06-2010, 01:36 PM
We tend to over do it a bit and have tons of left overs so we scaled it back this year. Chips n salsa (of course), home-made bean dip, and batch of pork chili. Probably a dessert or two.

memyselfI
02-06-2010, 01:37 PM

You can't even make a thread about food without a non political or social comment.

Useless ****ing bitch.

Give me a break and cry me a river. Have you not heard the NFL is trying to assert the right to 'WHO DAT? And have you not noticed that ALL advertising refers to the event as 'the Big Game' because they are forbidden to use the term unless they pay the NFL to do so.

memyselfI
02-06-2010, 01:38 PM
We tend to over do it a bit and have tons of left overs so we scaled it back this year. Chips n salsa (of course), home-made bean dip, and batch of pork chili. Probably a dessert or two.

We actually planned it so we would have useable left overs for the kids lunches next week. :)

kstater
02-06-2010, 01:39 PM
Give me a break and cry me a river. Have you not heard the NFL is trying to assert the right to 'WHO DAT? And have you not noticed that ALL advertising refers to the event as 'the Big Game' because they are forbidden to use the term unless they pay the NFL to do so.
Yes, it's called a trademark, it's not exactly new.

memyselfI
02-06-2010, 01:41 PM
Yes, it's called a trademark, it's not exactly new.

Right, hence the reference.

Time's Yours
02-06-2010, 01:41 PM

Everyone has heard it. Save your comments for those threads instead of reposting the subjects in a food thread.

milkman
02-06-2010, 01:42 PM

And you think I give a rat's ass?

memyselfI
Everyone has heard it. Save your comments for those threads instead of reposting the subjects in a food thread.

Oh, good grief. Milkman was whining and so I set him straight about the reference.

What are YOU serving.

Bugeater
I was hoping you'd be having a nice big bowl of shut the fuck up.

memyselfI
02-06-2010, 01:43 PM
I was hoping you'd be having a nice big bowl of shut the **** up.

ROFLROFLROFL

Wow, I guess no one is making anything good to eat tomorrow.

Slainte
02-06-2010, 01:43 PM

Useless fucking bitch.

LMAO

milkman
02-06-2010, 01:46 PM
Oh, good grief. Milkman was whining and so I set him straight about the reference.

What are YOU serving.

I was making an observation, and calling things as I see them.

Whining is starting a thread about food and making an unneccessary social comment that the people who never go to the cesspool that you reside in care about.

milkman
02-06-2010, 01:48 PM
ROFLROFLROFL

Wow, I guess no one is making anything good to eat tomorrow.

No.

It's just that good food and the stench that emanates from you are not a good mix.

Slainte
02-06-2010, 01:49 PM
No.

It's just that good food and the stench that emanates from you are not a good mix.

JFC, you are WINNING this thread...

memyselfI
02-06-2010, 01:52 PM
It's our first Big Game with our new 54" plasma. Can't wait. The playoffs were AMAZING.

Game day food just tastes better watching a 54" plasma.

teedubya
02-06-2010, 02:13 PM
Id like to be eating some of this.

http://www.holytaco.com/saints-girls-vs-colts-girls

baitism
02-06-2010, 02:47 PM
I saw one of the new LCD TV's at Best Buy about a week ago and they look f'n fantastic. I think I will get one once they have 240hz refresh rates on them.

Time's Yours
02-06-2010, 02:54 PM

What are YOU serving.

Some day I hope to learn to cook. I opened the thread to get ideas on what I should order. We have a really good cajun restaurant here. I thought that might be cool to go with the whole New Orleans theme

Over-Head
02-06-2010, 05:28 PM

:drool: thank you kind sir

AustinChief
02-06-2010, 06:04 PM
http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=222815

Mr. Flopnuts
02-06-2010, 06:12 PM

Now I need to find your scotch egg recipe. I'm going to do a search, hopefully it will turn up. Going to the grocery store tonight to get the rest of what I need for tomorrow's festivities.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-06-2010, 06:15 PM
Got it.

They are fantastic... I eat them with mango chutney (most stores have it in the crazy foods from other countries aisle...) but mustard works fine..

Here is the recipe (I made this up and it make 12 "eggs" so beware that this is a ton of food and you probably want to adjust down because MOST people find eating ONE of these to be a daunting task)

... pretty easy...

boil up 12 eggs

peel said eggs

mix 1 lb hot sausage (I use Jimmy dean) with 1lb sweet or notrmal sausage (again I use Jimmy Dean MAPLE sausage) and 3-4 teaspons of worcestershire... (add spices if you want.. I add a little thyme)

next beat one egg and set aside

next mix bread crumbs with paprika and pepper (not too much pepper or paprika) set aside

now the fun part... take a lump of sausage and flatten it in your hand (should cover your palm and then some...) the wrap sausage around an egg... repeat 12 times

then take sausage wrapped eggs and brush all of them with the beaten egg

then roll each in bread crumbs and stick on cooking sheet

Bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes (depends on crispiness of outside layer, I recommend 40 minutes)

let cool and serve hot or cold... they are REALLY good, out of the fridge the next day

AustinChief
02-06-2010, 06:19 PM
Got it.

I have adjusted that to be 35 minutes baked and then broiled for the last 5 minutes to "crisp" the outside abit... just depends on preference.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-06-2010, 06:23 PM
I have adjusted that to be 35 minutes baked and then broiled for the last 5 minutes to "crisp" the outside abit... just depends on preference.

Thanks for posting that. I always prefer extra crispy.

AustinChief
02-06-2010, 06:23 PM
Now I need to find your scotch egg recipe. I'm going to do a search, hopefully it will turn up. Going to the grocery store tonight to get the rest of what I need for tomorrow's festivities.

Last night I made a small batch (7) of my newest item... Whole jalapenos with the seeds/core scooped out then filled with a mix of ground turkey, tomato/basil cream cheese, velveeta and pureed sweet pickled habanero/serrano mix... then wrapped in bacon and baked for 20 minutes and broiled for 3 more.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-06-2010, 06:24 PM
Last night I made a small batch (7) of my newest item... Whole jalapenos with the seeds/core scooped out then filled with a mix of ground turkey, tomato/basil cream cheese, velveeta and pureed sweet pickled habanero/serrano mix... then wrapped in bacon and baked for 20 minutes and broiled for 3 more.

Wow. :drool:

memyselfI
02-06-2010, 07:43 PM

Sorry, AC. I didn't do a search. Your recipe sounds AMAZING.

-King-
02-06-2010, 07:59 PM
Does UPS ship food? I would ravage that shit.
Posted via Mobile Device

AustinChief
02-06-2010, 09:11 PM
Sorry, AC. I didn't do a search. Your recipe sounds AMAZING.
ha, no problem... the scotch eggs are always a huge hit... I'm doing 20 of them for tomorrow and probably 20 of my stuffed jalapenos...

I have a scotch egg carrier to transport the eggs, now I just need one for the peppers...

OK so the scotch egg carrier is really an ornament storage thingy... but it works PERFECT! (just an fyi.. the scotch eggs come out to be about the size of a small closed fist)

Mr. Flopnuts
02-07-2010, 12:52 PM

I just put these in the oven. I think I fucked up though. I only had enough sausage for 8 eggs instead of 12.

Genetics..............

Mr. Flopnuts
02-07-2010, 01:48 PM
I just put these in the oven. I think I fucked up though. I only had enough sausage for 8 eggs instead of 12.

Genetics..............

These are really fucking good. Safeway did not sell Mango Chutney so I got stuck using Grey Poupon. It was excellent though.

Stewie
02-07-2010, 02:01 PM

It's going to take serious changes in the Chiefs' cheerleader selection process to even compete in this competition... if we even sniff a SB in the next few years. More booby, more booty.