Mr. Flopnuts
02-07-2010, 01:36 PM
Oh shit.

acesn8s
02-07-2010, 01:37 PM
shoulda paid the bill

Gadzooks
02-07-2010, 01:38 PM
From the title, I thought Cable got fired by the Turds. But this is a disaster!

Dante84
02-07-2010, 01:44 PM
oh no..... good luck :(

Gracie Dean
02-07-2010, 01:44 PM
shoulda paid the bill

well, since we bundle and I am on the COX phone and the COX internet, it is not likely the bill

Oh boy, the longer I am on hold the more pissed I am getting :cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss:

pr_capone
02-07-2010, 01:46 PM
well, since we bundle and I am on the COX phone and the COX internet, it is not likely the bill

Oh boy, the longer I am on hold the more pissed I am getting :cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss:

Just remember that the person that picks up the phone did not go to your house and clip your line. They will do everything they can to get you fixed up... it's not that person's fault.

Hope you get it working again.

Stewie

That's interesting. The cable quit, but you still have phone and Internet? I bet that's a system problem that they know about and why you're still on hold. They're getting inundated with calls.

chefsos
Rabbit Ears FTW

Gracie Dean
02-07-2010, 01:49 PM
little prick says they are aware that I am on a service outage and that people are "working diligently" to fix the situation, they can not disclose the situation but they are working on it .

I told the prick that if I did not have service by the time the game started, they would be giving me money off my bill.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Gracie Dean
02-07-2010, 01:50 PM
the biggest day of the year and they have an "outage"

Gracie Dean
02-07-2010, 01:50 PM
Rabbit Ears FTW

our plasma doesn't support the stupid little converter box, and cable made sure we all had to have cable to watch TV

GOD DAMN I AM PISSED:cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss:

kstater
02-07-2010, 01:51 PM
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn12/Evilpens/its-a-conspiracy.jpg

Mr. Flopnuts
02-07-2010, 01:51 PM
Just remember that the person that picks up the phone did not go to your house and clip your line. They will do everything they can to get you fixed up... it's not that person's fault.

Hope you get it working again.

It's amazing to me that people are so willing to chew out a $9 hr. employee. Like they have shit to do with anything. Not that I'm saying that's what noswad will do.

kstater
02-07-2010, 01:52 PM
It's amazing to me that people are so willing to chew out a $9 hr. employee. Like they have shit to do with anything. Not that I'm saying that's what noswad will do.

Calling the call center employee a prick is a clue.

Gracie Dean
02-07-2010, 01:54 PM

I did not call him a prick to his ear

I was as nice as I could be

chefsos
02-07-2010, 01:55 PM
our plasma doesn't support the stupid little converter box, and cable made sure we all had to have cable to watch TV

GOD DAMN I AM PISSED:cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss:

Transistor radio

Mr. Flopnuts
02-07-2010, 01:55 PM

Yeah, I hadn't read that yet when I posted. I understand people get frustrated, but seriously, the $9 hr guy can't do anything, and anyone who can is NOT going to hear about you bitching. So it's completely pointless, and ruins the day of someone who has a shitty life to begin with. I find the whole retail attitude of the typical American to be disgusting.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-07-2010, 01:56 PM
I did not call him a prick to his ear

I was as nice as I could be

I am glad to hear that. Look at it this way, he can't even watch the game because he has to work to get a paycheck that doesn't cover his expenses.

DaFace
02-07-2010, 01:58 PM
Overreact much? You've got 3 hours for them to fix it, and I bet you aren't the only one bitching.

kstater
02-07-2010, 02:01 PM
Overreact much? You've got 3 hours for them to fix it, and I bet you aren't the only one bitching.

http://shrink4men.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/educated-eggdicator-veruca-salt1.jpg

siberian khatru
02-07-2010, 02:01 PM

http://keithburgess-jackson.typepad.com/.a/6a00e553bed6a08833012875edafb9970c-800wi

rambleonthruthefog
02-07-2010, 02:02 PM
the HD signal went out the first SB i had with HD. i was forced to watch the big game on my new 42inch flat screen in regular vision. i was pissed. i bought an HDTV for sports and video games. how is it acceptable to have the HD signal go out on SB Sunday?

milkman
02-07-2010, 02:03 PM
I am glad to hear that. Look at it this way, he can't even watch the game because he has to work to get a paycheck that doesn't cover his expenses.

If I'm making 9$ an hour, unless my cable goes out, I ain't going to miss the game to fix someone else's cable.

cabletech94
02-07-2010, 02:05 PM
What city is noswad in?

Inspector
02-07-2010, 02:07 PM
I bet Skip Towne is behind this.

acesn8s
02-07-2010, 02:10 PM
Look on the bright side. You will be able to read all about it tomorrow in the newspaper.

Bane
02-07-2010, 02:11 PM
SB party.........................................

Well.......Bye.....

milkman
02-07-2010, 02:13 PM
SB party.........................................

Well.......Bye.....

You could listen to it on the radio, then have the party guests re-enact the plays after each play.

Could be the best SB party ever.

Gracie Dean
02-07-2010, 02:14 PM
when I was on hold, there was an announcement that said some people in Wichita may be experiencing an outage

MikeMaslowski
02-07-2010, 02:15 PM
Isn't the SB on basic tv?

Bane
02-07-2010, 02:15 PM
You could listen to it on the radio, then have the party guests re-enact the plays after each play.

Shit yeah! Thats actually sounds awesome.:clap:

Bane
02-07-2010, 02:16 PM

CBS.....

MikeMaslowski
02-07-2010, 02:20 PM
CBS.....

I do not know of such letters.

All I get is AFN.... luckily, they show it.

L.A. Chieffan
02-07-2010, 02:23 PM
stream it. tvs fo suckas anyway
Posted via Mobile Device

kchero
02-07-2010, 02:24 PM

THIS!

I am in graduate school at UMKC, but I work within the world of retail to pay the bills and I will have people that treat me like absolute dirt... I remember one time after some guy absolutely cursed me out for something that had nothing to do with my performance and I just remember looking into his eyes with a pissed off stare and told him how would he appreciate if someone talked to his son or daughter that way...He just turned around and walked away.

Gracie Dean
02-07-2010, 02:26 PM

there is no basic tv remember... the converter boxes

they dont work on our plasma :cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss:

Stewie
02-07-2010, 02:27 PM
THIS!

I am in graduate school at UMKC, but I work within the world of retail to pay the bills and I will have people that treat me like absolute dirt... I remember one time after some guy absolutely cursed me out for something that had nothing to do with my performance and I just remember looking into his eyes with a pissed off stare and told him how would he appreciate if someone talked to his son or daughter that way...He just turned around and walked away.

You should have gone Bob Barker on his ass!

MikeMaslowski
02-07-2010, 02:27 PM
THIS!

I thought you were gonna say he burst into flames or his face melted off or something. I guess you get extra points for being honest. Still you shoulda said something cooler.

bowener
02-07-2010, 02:28 PM
Yeah, I hadn't read that yet when I posted. I understand people get frustrated, but seriously, the $9 hr guy can't do anything, and anyone who can is NOT going to hear about you bitching. So it's completely pointless, and ruins the day of someone who has a shitty life to begin with. I find the whole retail attitude of the typical American to be disgusting.

I used to sell tickets for Mizzou sports, and it would amaze me at first how many people were complete pieces of shit to me for something I did not do, and in most cases they fucked up themselves.

If I had gotten enough in one day or a week I usually couldn't bite my tongue any longer and would give a short quip to make them feel bad. Typically I would just point out the fact that I am a poor student who can't even really afford to go to the games unless I am a worker at them. Some people spend more on football ticket donations that I spend on my education in a year, always made me wish they would just donate to me.

acesn8s
02-07-2010, 02:33 PM

they dont work on our plasma :cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss:I thought the plasma tvs were built to receive the signal without the conversion.

kstater
02-07-2010, 02:33 PM
I thought the plasma tvs were built to receive the signal without the conversion.

Details...

MikeMaslowski
02-07-2010, 02:34 PM

they dont work on our plasma :cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss:

Shitty, haven't lived in the states for over 3 years.... damn the conversion. Guess I will have to take that into account when I get back.

So everyone is paying to watch tv now?

chefsos
02-07-2010, 02:36 PM

they dont work on our plasma :cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss:Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but I didn't think digital TVs needed converter boxes.

kstater
02-07-2010, 02:36 PM
Shitty, haven't lived in the states for over 3 years.... damn the conversion. Guess I will have to take that into account when I get back.

No. Vast majority have cable anyway so they don't need it, and if you didn't, you could get a voucher to get a box. Newer TV's come with them in it.

L.A. Chieffan
02-07-2010, 02:37 PM

im not. i stream everything

MichaelH
02-07-2010, 02:38 PM
The same thing happened to me 4 years ago. We had Time Warner Cable. I had the digital package in the living room and the basic package in our bedrooms. We could get the game on the basic package Tv's but not the digital. I called and thought about raising holy hell but realized some part time employee can't do a thing about it. The one thing he did say is "well maybe your party can watch TV in your bedroom." I did tell him it was a dickhead of an idea. A few weeks later I got even when I called to tell them I was canceling my internet and TV service and to come and get the converter box and cable modem. They begged me to stay but I refused, well almost. I stayed with the internet and got a year at half price.

milkman
02-07-2010, 02:40 PM
The same thing happened to me 4 years ago. We had Time Warner Cable. I had the digital package in the living room and the basic package in our bedrooms. We could get the game on the basic package Tv's but not the digital. I called and thought about raising holy hell but realized some part time employee can't do a thing about it. The one thing he did say is "well maybe your party can watch TV in your bedroom." I did tell him it was a dickhead of an idea. A few weeks later I got even when I called to tell them I was canceling my internet and TV service and to come and get the converter box and cable modem. They begged me to stay but I refused, well almost. I stayed with the internet and got a year at half price.

Couldn't you have gone to the Radio Shack, or some such, and bought some cable and tun it out to the TV in the living room?

morphius
02-07-2010, 02:42 PM
Did your Plasma not have a tuner built in, I got mine fairly cheap and it has one. All i need to do is hook up a cheap antenna and I get 20 channels. By cheap I mean really cheap antenna that I use for my Tuner for FM channels.

baitism
02-07-2010, 02:42 PM
Don't worry. Karl Hungus will be over shortly to fix your cable.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-07-2010, 02:43 PM
THIS!

Well, congratulations on going to college and at least being able to see a time when you won't have to put up with that shit anymore. Be glad you're not one of the millions of people who never had a chance at a college education and are stuck in that shit hole for an eternity.

My wife would be the first to tell you that no one gets more dignity and respect from me than fast food, retail, etc. workers. It's not that they necessarily deserve it. It's that nobody gives it to them in the first place.

I am a hard core sucker for the human condition. It explains why I'm so much more tolerant of Chiefsplanet's throw aways.

morphius
Couldn't you have gone to the Radio Shack, or some such, and bought some cable and tun it out to the TV in the living room?
All he had to do was take the plug out from the in on the box and put it on the in of the TV, but it wouldn't have been HD...

Gracie Dean
Did your Plasma not have a tuner built in, I got mine fairly cheap and it has one. All i need to do is hook up a cheap antenna and I get 20 channels. By cheap I mean really cheap antenna that I use for my Tuner for FM channels.

hubby has been working on it, but basically has said that we are screwed...

L.A. Chieffan
02-07-2010, 02:44 PM
Don't worry. Karl Hungus will be over shortly to fix your cable.

dont be fatuous baitism

chefsos
02-07-2010, 02:44 PM
The same thing happened to me 4 years ago. We had Time Warner Cable. I had the digital package in the living room and the basic package in our bedrooms. We could get the game on the basic package Tv's but not the digital. I called and thought about raising holy hell but realized some part time employee can't do a thing about it. The one thing he did say is "well maybe your party can watch TV in your bedroom." I did tell him it was a dickhead of an idea. A few weeks later I got even when I called to tell them I was canceling my internet and TV service and to come and get the converter box and cable modem. They begged me to stay but I refused, well almost. I stayed with the internet and got a year at half price.So, did you watch in the bedroom, or just refuse to watch at all?

Mr. Flopnuts
02-07-2010, 02:45 PM
I just got a PM from an unidentified poster and I want to make this public. In no way, shape, or form am I trying to put down anyone who does this job. Quite the opposite in fact.

milkman
02-07-2010, 02:46 PM
All he had to do was take the plug out from the in on the box and put it on the in of the TV, but it wouldn't have been HD...

But it would have been better than no TV.

If that was the only option, then that's what you do.

Dante84
We could call Skip.....

or Skip's boss....

kstater
I just got a PM from an unidentified poster and I want to make this public. In no way, shape, or form am I trying to put down anyone who does this job. Quite the opposite in fact.

Tell Skip to read closer because you never once implied that it's the call center's fault.

Gracie Dean
02-07-2010, 02:47 PM
If we don't have cable by game time,we will have to go to the sports bar on Rock road, but that won't be very fun as several of my coming guests have children...

MichaelH

Yeah, I could have if I had a huge party. I only had family over so everyone that really wanted to watch the game sat on our bed or floor. The women watched another channel in my son's room.

Gracie Dean
But it would have been better than no TV.

If that was the only option, then that's what you do.

I don't care about HD or not...I just want to watch the game with my friends at my house

-King-
02-07-2010, 02:48 PM
For big games like this I always make sure I have an antenna beside the tv just in case some shit happens.
Posted via Mobile Device

MikeMaslowski
02-07-2010, 02:49 PM
Tell Skip to read closer because you never once implied that it's the call center's fault.

Teachers are stupid and I'm gonna call your boss.

Gracie Dean
02-07-2010, 02:50 PM
Teachers are stupid and I'm gonna call your boss.

oh you can be sure if my boss has no cable he is using MUCH more violent language than I have so far

kstater
02-07-2010, 02:50 PM
I don't care about HD or not...I just want to watch the game with my friends at my house

Then go to radio shack, buy a 10 dollar antenna and put the tv to CBS.

OnTheWarpath15
02-07-2010, 02:51 PM
Then go to radio shack, buy a 10 dollar antenna and put the tv to CBS.

Where's the drama in that?

morphius
02-07-2010, 02:51 PM
hubby has been working on it, but basically has said that we are screwed...
That sucks, I was just glad that I found out that it didn't even take a special antenna plug or anything to make it work. Of course that only works if your TV actually has a digital tuner, lol.

pr_capone
02-07-2010, 02:52 PM
I'm in the same city Nos and I still have coverage... sounds like it is a localized issue. Sorry... hope Cox fixes the problem in time for you.

02-07-2010, 02:52 PM

they dont work on our plasma :cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss:Just run to radio shack and buy an antenna. Your TV will support that.

Gracie Dean
02-07-2010, 02:55 PM
I'm in the same city Nos and I still have coverage... sounds like it is a localized issue. Sorry... hope Cox fixes the problem in time for you.

we are NE

when I was on the phone, there were repeated announcements that "some people in Wichita are experiencing a service outage and technitions were working on it

Bwana
02-07-2010, 02:58 PM
Oh damn, I think I would be ready to kill someone.

Stewie
02-07-2010, 02:59 PM

Did you get an antenna that would pick up all local stations?

morphius
02-07-2010, 03:01 PM
What model of TV do you have?

Gracie Dean
02-07-2010, 03:01 PM
okay, found a stream...hubby is gonna hook up my laptop to the plasma...this will work

Mr. Flopnuts
02-07-2010, 03:02 PM
okay, found a stream...hubby is gonna hook up my laptop to the plasma...this will work

You have 2 and a half hours until game time. You're jumping the gun here a bit. The cable company knows how important this is, I'm sure they'll get it fixed.

morphius
02-07-2010, 03:05 PM
This is the antenna I tried on my TV and went from 0 channels to all of them.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062691

TrebMaxx
02-07-2010, 03:11 PM
I can recommend this HD antenna.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Terk+-+Indoor+Amplified+HDTV+Antenna/7322587.p?id=1118844608800&skuId=7322587

Bwana
02-07-2010, 03:12 PM
Did you get an antenna that would pick up all local stations?

I have it on hand Stewie, but I didn't want to try to hang it before the big game. CBS comes in fine with what I have, so I left it alone. I am on it this week through.

Pioli Zombie
02-07-2010, 03:40 PM
"This is Obama's fault"
- DC Forum
Posted via Mobile Device

Pioli Zombie
02-07-2010, 03:41 PM
Mecca knew Cox Cable was bad value all along and advised against this.
Posted via Mobile Device

Gracie Dean
02-07-2010, 03:41 PM
Just as hubby got the laptop streaming to the plasma....cable came back on

sheesh....

It is just that I have a BUNCH of people coming to my home and I want it to go great!!!

RJ
02-07-2010, 03:42 PM
To the bar!!!

Pioli Zombie
02-07-2010, 03:43 PM
Oh. Noswad is a dame. No wonder she got all hysterical. Just get back in the kitchen and make some more food!!
* I'm kidding. It was there. I had to do it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Gracie Dean
02-07-2010, 03:45 PM
Oh. Noswad is a dame. No wonder she got all hysterical. Just get back in the kitchen and make some more food!!
Posted via Mobile Device

haha...I am the football fanatic here! But I did make 5 lbs of home made chili 48 meatballs and cheese dip

Slainte
02-07-2010, 03:46 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Do what? Use the word "dame", Raymond Chandler?

Mr. Flopnuts
02-07-2010, 03:47 PM
You have 2 and a half hours until game time. You're jumping the gun here a bit. The cable company knows how important this is, I'm sure they'll get it fixed.

Just as hubby got the laptop streaming to the plasma....cable came back on

sheesh....

It is just that I have a BUNCH of people coming to my home and I want it to go great!!!

innocently whistling

:D

kstater
02-07-2010, 03:48 PM
CRISIS AVERTED

JD10367
02-07-2010, 03:51 PM
So, you have Coxsucker all the way out there, too? What are they butt-reaming you for, to get the triple package? Out here in New England, they f**k me for $140 a month for it.

JD10367
02-07-2010, 03:51 PM

It's not like they're teachers or anything. /shitstirrer LMAO

Pioli Zombie
02-07-2010, 03:53 PM
Do what? Use the word "dame", Raymond Chandler?
I could have said "Dish" or "Tomato"
Posted via Mobile Device

JD10367
02-07-2010, 03:53 PM
"This is Obama's fault"
- DC Forum
Posted via Mobile Device

No, it's Pioli's fault. Duh.

Slainte
02-07-2010, 03:55 PM
I could have said "Dish" or "Tomato"
Posted via Mobile Device

Post a pic so I can check out her gams...

RJ
02-07-2010, 04:07 PM
haha...I am the football fanatic here! But I did make 5 lbs of home made chili 48 meatballs and cheese dip

Hey, didn't you post a meatball dip recipe once? I remember it looked good, don't remember if I ever tried it.

Why don't you post it again? It might take your mind off the cable problem. :D

Over-Head
02-07-2010, 04:12 PM
Run everyone, this ****ers got guns!!!!!
RnR, you seeing this! duck!!!!!!

Earthling
02-07-2010, 04:51 PM
Better make sure to invite Larry to your next bash.

ZepSinger
02-07-2010, 05:28 PM

What's the stream URL???

crispystl
02-07-2010, 05:33 PM

I try to explain this to my wife all the time. She is getting better but it used to drive me insane when she would go off on these people.

crispystl
02-07-2010, 05:35 PM
Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but I didn't think digital TVs needed converter boxes.

Yeah my LCD gets locals over the Antenae. I think you may be misinformed.

Mama Hip Rockets
02-07-2010, 09:38 PM

ROFL

That would be totally awesome.