milkman
02-07-2010, 08:33 PM
Come out, come out, where ever you are!

DBOSHO
02-07-2010, 08:36 PM
LMAO HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Gonzo
02-07-2010, 08:37 PM
Game aint over yet, but it's highly unlikely...
Posted via Mobile Device

JD10367
02-07-2010, 08:42 PM
Assuming there's no last-second miracle here of a TD, an onside kick recovered, another TD, and an OT win for the Colts...

I'll be a magnanimous Pats fan and I won't crucify Peyton for the one mistake tonight. It's still a very tough discussion as to who's better, him or Brady. God knows Brady's made plenty of bonehead plays this year (albeit recovering from a bum knee).

If Peyton had won tonight, with the game he's had (aside from the pick), I think it would've been very hard to say Brady was better. But, at the very least, a Colts loss tonight (coupled with that pick) would certainly pull Peyton back down to even with Brady, and possibly a notch back.

No matter how you slice it, though, I'm still not sure I'd take either over Montana. But it's safe to say those three, along with Unitas, are in the top group.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-07-2010, 08:43 PM
Assuming there's no last-second miracle here of a TD, an onside kick recovered, another TD, and an OT win for the Colts...

I'll be a magnanimous Pats fan and I won't crucify Peyton for the one mistake tonight. It's still a very tough discussion as to who's better, him or Brady. God knows Brady's made plenty of bonehead plays this year (albeit recovering from a bum knee).

If Peyton had won tonight, with the game he's had (aside from the pick), I think it would've been very hard to say Brady was better. But, at the very least, a Colts loss tonight (coupled with that pick) would certainly pull Peyton back down to even with Brady, and possibly a notch back.

No matter how you slice it, though, I'm still not sure I'd take either over Montana. But it's safe to say those three, along with Unitas, are in the top group.

I had Manning ahead of Brady. After this game, and his performance, I say he's below Brady for sure.

Hammock Parties
02-07-2010, 08:44 PM
Ain't often that milkman gets all trolly.

milkman
02-07-2010, 08:46 PM

I think Tom Brady has taken steps backwards over the last four years, while Manning appeared to be taking steps forward.

But that pass, when the Colts needed him to step up and make plays, was a step backwards.

ArrowheadMagic
Yeah, no Chiefs fan would ever want Peyton to be their QB, he must not be a franchise guy

Gonzo
Suck it, Meatrbacootie.

Peyton choked it away.
I'm looking forward to the spin you're going to put on this.
Posted via Mobile Device

milkman
Ain't often that milkman gets all trolly.

I earned this.

milkman
02-07-2010, 08:48 PM
Yeah, no Chiefs fan would ever want Peyton to be their QB, he must not be a franchise guy

Just shut the fuck up.

I am the most vocal critic of Manning, but even with all I've said over the years, I also said I would want him to be the Chiefs QB.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-07-2010, 08:49 PM
Just shut the fuck up.

I am the most vocal critic of Manning, but even with all I've said over the years, I also said I would want him to be the Chiefs QB.

Snap!

Hammock Parties
02-07-2010, 08:49 PM
I earned this.

You did. Revel in it you bastard.

Gonzo
02-07-2010, 08:50 PM
Just shut the fuck up.

I can honestly say that I dislike Manning enough to not want him on our team.

Now then, if the Chiefs had drafted him, I probably wouldn't dislike him whatsoever.
Posted via Mobile Device

JD10367
02-07-2010, 08:51 PM
I think Tom Brady has taken steps backwards over the last four years, while Manning appeared to be taking steps forward.

But that pass, when the Colts needed him to step up and make plays, was a step backwards.

Ayup. This definitely brings Peyton back to the pack.

If it were a NASCAR race, I might put Brady ahead of Peyton by a fender, but only a car-length behind is now a pack including Brees, Rivers, Roethlisberger, and some others.

ArrowheadMagic
And actually it wasnt a bad pass on the int, great call by Williams on having the DB's pass off their guy , 1st time all game they didnt run straight man on that route. More a great read by Porter than a bad pass.

kstater
Just think what would have been had he played the whole game in week 16 and 17

Donger
02-07-2010, 08:52 PM
Is there a specific thread that precipitated this one?

LaChapelle
02-07-2010, 08:52 PM
CoMo has his back

ArrowheadMagic
02-07-2010, 08:53 PM
Just shut the **** up.

lol.

JD10367
02-07-2010, 08:53 PM

I think it was more the recent threads about Peyton vs. Brady and how people were pretty much assuming the Colts were winning another SB, thus vaulting Peyton clearly into the "best ever" spot.

milkman
02-07-2010, 08:57 PM

There have been a number of recent threads, but Hootie and I have been at this for the better part of two years, if not longer.

ArrowheadMagic
02-07-2010, 09:00 PM
There have been a number of recent threads, but Hootie and I have been at this for the better part of two years, if not longer.

For the record, where do you think manning is on a list of QB's and who's better?

Brock
02-07-2010, 09:01 PM
Yes, milkman, explain yourself for the 25th fucking time.

milkman
02-07-2010, 09:02 PM
Yes, milkman, explain yourself for the 25th ****ing time.

25th?

Understate much?

Brock
02-07-2010, 09:03 PM
this month.

Amnorix
02-07-2010, 09:03 PM

Errr...did you watch Brady in 2007?

ArrowheadMagic
02-07-2010, 09:04 PM
25th?

Understate much?

then fucking humor me, I dont live on here.

DBOSHO
02-07-2010, 09:06 PM

taking steps backwards is 50 touchdowns and having the second best season of your career in every passing category after blowing out every major ligament in your knee? how do you take steps forward?

milkman
02-07-2010, 09:07 PM
Errr...did you watch Brady in 2007?

Errr.....Have you ever paid any attention to the arguments?

In the SB against the Giants, he needed to make plays at the end of the game, and he tried to make BIG plays, rather than take what was there.

RJ
02-07-2010, 09:07 PM
I'd still rather have Manning than Brady on my team.

But Manning did not step up to the plate tonight.

ArrowheadMagic
02-07-2010, 09:09 PM
I'd still rather have Manning than Brady on my team.

But Manning did not step up to the plate tonight.

Both are great QB's, Manning does more with less. Manning didnt come thru in the end.

milkman
02-07-2010, 09:10 PM
taking steps backwards is 50 touchdowns and having the second best season of your career in every passing category after blowing out every major ligament in your knee? how do you take steps forward?

My entire argument has always been about what they do in the playoffs.

Brady's interception against the Chargers and his inability to make plays against the Giants are a couple of examples of the types of steps back I'm talking about.

The Tom Dragon
02-07-2010, 09:16 PM
Errr.....Have you ever paid any attention to the arguments?

In the SB against the Giants, he needed to make plays at the end of the game, and he tried to make BIG plays, rather than take what was there.

correct me if im wrong..but i think the coach calls the plays and bill clearly said he was trying to win the game afterwards

The Tom Dragon
02-07-2010, 09:17 PM
Both are great QB's, Manning does more with less. Manning didnt come thru in the end.

name a receiver on the pats when they won their first superbowl besides troy brown

milkman
02-07-2010, 09:25 PM
correct me if im wrong..but i think the coach calls the plays and bill clearly said he was trying to win the game afterwards

The coach calls the plays, but when the action starts, the QB has to make decisions on the filed.

The Giants were taking the deep ball away from the Patriots.

Brady has to take what's there, rather than force bad throws.

milkman
02-07-2010, 09:26 PM

Tom Brady did more with a hell of a lot less in their SB wins.

The Tom Dragon
02-07-2010, 09:29 PM
The coach calls the plays, but when the action starts, the QB has to make decisions on the filed.

The Giants were taking the deep ball away from the Patriots.

Brady has to take what's there, rather than force bad throws.

whats the check down on a hail mary?

milkman
02-07-2010, 09:31 PM

JFC.

This has to be Hootie.

Bane
02-07-2010, 09:32 PM
JFC.

This has to be Hootie.

ROFL

milkman
02-07-2010, 09:37 PM

Regardless of who this is, while I don't remember the exact details, the Patriots got the ball with time on the clock (a minute, a minute and ten seconds?).

He attempted three deep throws?

Should have taken a couple of smaller plays to set up one last play.

The Tom Dragon
02-07-2010, 09:38 PM
lol so i'm this hootie character? i made a new account so my peyton to tom switch would be incognito?

milkman
02-07-2010, 09:42 PM
lol so i'm this hootie character? i made a new account so my peyton to tom switch would be incognito?

Let me just say, if you're not Hootie, you're his intellectual equal.

Congratulations dumbass.

Thig Lyfe
02-07-2010, 09:44 PM
I don't know how much I'd blame that INT on Peyton, honestly. Wayne ran a shitty route and the DB had an incredible jump on the ball.

The Tom Dragon
02-07-2010, 09:49 PM
I don't know how much I'd blame that INT on Peyton, honestly. Wayne ran a shitty route and the DB had an incredible jump on the ball.

isn't it the QBs job to diagnose a play? wouldn't the best of all time realize the receiver is getting smothered?

The Tom Dragon
02-07-2010, 09:50 PM

Congratulations dumbass.

lol i bet that guy takes you 2 school all the time

milkman
02-07-2010, 09:50 PM

He made a bad fucking decision.

Everything else is just an excuse.

The Tom Dragon
02-07-2010, 09:51 PM
My entire argument has always been about what they do in the playoffs.

Brady's interception against the Chargers and his inability to make plays against the Giants are a couple of examples of the types of steps back I'm talking about.

9-9 in the playoffs is pretty good if you think about it long enough

milkman
02-07-2010, 09:52 PM
lol i bet that guy takes you 2 school all the time

:rolleyes:

DaFace
02-07-2010, 09:53 PM

Congratulations dumbass.

Not Hootie, but he's posted in this thread under another account.

chiefs1111
02-07-2010, 09:54 PM
and of course hootie is nowhere to be found

Reaper16
To me it was much more of an excellent play by Tracy "Bully!" Porter than a botch by Manning.

There are parts of the game that speak damningly against Manning, but not that pick, not really.

the Talking Can
Brady is clutch in superbowls

Manning isn't

argument over

Brady 3
Manning 1

Mr. Flopnuts
02-07-2010, 09:55 PM
PZ in the motherfucking house ya'll. Go Tom Dragon!!!

The Tom Dragon
02-07-2010, 09:55 PM

Congratulations dumbass.

lol grandpa i make a good point so u deflect it by calling me a dumbass? congrats bud

milkman
02-07-2010, 09:58 PM
lol grandpa i make a good point so u deflect it by calling me a dumbass? congrats bud

I made it a point to recognize that you are a mult account first, and responded to your dumbass "point" in the next post.

SAUTO
02-07-2010, 10:01 PM
Not Hootie, but he's posted in this thread under another account.

go chiefs???
Posted via Mobile Device

Crush
02-07-2010, 10:02 PM
The answer to Brady vs Manning is neither. I'll take Montana every single time.

The Tom Dragon
02-07-2010, 10:02 PM
I made it a point to recognize that you are a mult account first, and responded to your dumbass "point" in the next post.

it's my first account lol but i guess you're nostradamus

Mr. Flopnuts
02-07-2010, 10:03 PM
it's my first account lol but i guess you're nostradamus

You're lying Mr. Zombie. You've already been outed by a mod here.

ArrowheadMagic
02-07-2010, 10:04 PM
Tom Brady did more with a hell of a lot less in their SB wins.

yeah lets discount their defense, after all.... it was Tom Brady that shut down the Rams. When given the offensive tools needed to set offensive records... Brady didnt come thru. Oh wait, place the blame on an aging defense.

Brock
02-07-2010, 10:04 PM

Whoops! Hey-ooohhhh!

The Tom Dragon
02-07-2010, 10:06 PM

you guys are making your selves look silly i think i know who i am and what i have a little more than you but probably not

The Tom Dragon
02-07-2010, 10:07 PM
yeah lets discount their defense, after all.... it was Tom Brady that shut down the Rams. When given the offensive tools needed to set offensive records... Brady didnt come thru. Oh wait, place the blame on an aging defense.

50 touchdowns isnt coming through

ArrowheadMagic
02-07-2010, 10:09 PM
Brady is clutch in superbowls

Manning isn't

argument over

Brady 3
Manning 1

Bad logic, therefore Dilfer is better than Marino? Bradshaw is the 2nd best QB? IMO, its probably a personal preference.... if you had a chance to have Manning.... would you say... no... I'll wait to get Brady?

Brock
02-07-2010, 10:11 PM
Bad logic, therefore Dilfer is better than Marino? Bradshaw is the 2nd best QB? IMO, its probably a personal preference.... if you had a chance to have Manning.... would you say... no... I'll wait to get Brady?

It's become a cliche, but :facepalm:.

milkman
02-07-2010, 10:11 PM

Brady made plays when plays needed to be made.

ArrowheadMagic
02-07-2010, 10:14 PM
50 touchdowns isnt coming through

win anything that year? of meaning?

Brock
02-07-2010, 10:16 PM
win anything that year? of meaning?

2 playoff games? I realize, as a Chiefs fan, you're not really familiar.

ArrowheadMagic
02-07-2010, 10:20 PM
Brady made plays when plays needed to be made.

It was a game where Belicheck started to become the defensive guru he is believed to be. The Rams playing prevent in no way allowed Brady to throw under to pick up what was given to him........

ArrowheadMagic
02-07-2010, 10:21 PM
2 playoff games? I realize, as a Chiefs fan, you're not really familiar.

Mean much when the other team hoists the real trophy? what did the wins get them that year? 2nd place? Or is coming close ok?

Brock
Belichek didn't become a defensive guru until 2001? Huh, weird.

Brock
Mean much when the other team hoists the real trophy? what did the wins get them that year? 2nd place? Or is coming close ok?

Were you even alive the last time the Chiefs won a playoff game?

milkman
02-07-2010, 10:23 PM

Even if a mod hadn't outed him, calling me grandpa was a dead givaway.

ArrowheadMagic
02-07-2010, 10:23 PM
Were you even alive the last time the Chiefs won a playoff game?

Why, you think that makes your argument better? Yes, I was. What does that really have to do with anything?

Brock
02-07-2010, 10:25 PM
Why, you think that makes your argument better? Yes, I was. What does that really have to do with anything?

Because you're acting like Brady's 2007 season was some kind of abortion because the Giants got an unlikely TD at the end of the Super bowl.

ArrowheadMagic
02-07-2010, 10:25 PM
Belichek didn't become a defensive guru until 2001? Huh, weird.

It isnt really, really think Parcells wasnt involved in scheming?

ArrowheadMagic
02-07-2010, 10:27 PM
Because you're acting like Brady's 2007 season was some kind of abortion because the Giants got an unlikely TD at the end of the Super bowl.

Finishing 2nd is still losing.... its ok for Brady to lose but it isnt for Manning?

Brock
02-07-2010, 10:27 PM
It isnt really, really think Parcells wasnt involved in scheming?

No, I don't, seeing as how Bill Parcells never won anything without Bill Belichick.

Brock
02-07-2010, 10:28 PM
Finishing 2nd is still losing.... its ok for Brady to lose but it isnt for Manning?

Brady won 3 before he lost 1.

ArrowheadMagic
02-07-2010, 10:28 PM
No, I don't, seeing as how Bill Parcells never won anything without Bill Belichick.

Nor Belicheck without Crennel.

the Talking Can
02-07-2010, 10:29 PM

when you throw the pick that costs you the game, the answer is obviously "yes"

unless you're retarded....

ArrowheadMagic
02-07-2010, 10:39 PM
when you throw the pick that costs you the game, the answer is obviously "yes"

unless you're retarded....

Give credit to Williams for calling a defense he hadnt played all game on that route... plus it was a great jump by Porter. It wasnt a bad throw, it was there, Saints made the play.

So are you on record for saying you wouldnt want Manning to be your QB?

milkman
02-07-2010, 10:59 PM
Time to get some sleep, but I'll be bringing this thread back to the top when I'm around, until Hootie shows up.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-08-2010, 04:32 AM
Time to get some sleep, but I'll be bringing this thread back to the top when I'm around, until The Choke Wagon shows up.

fxd/thx!:D

The Tom Dragon
02-08-2010, 10:14 AM
Nor Belicheck without Crennel.

crennel was a pawn in the patriots system...everyone knows bill runs everything in NE

The Tom Dragon
02-08-2010, 10:15 AM

brady is something ridiculous in the playoffs peyton is 9-9

Amnorix
02-08-2010, 10:24 AM
Brady won 3 before he lost 1.

....by the skin of his teeth after driving his team to the go-ahead TD in the fourth quarter and only after an absurd helmet catch by David (who?) Tyree.

I don't seem to remember him throwing the killer pick six in any of his late game TD/FG-to-win drives...

The ONLY bad playoff game Brady has ever had, really, is the Broncos game in 2005. This year's Ravens game was just a case of the Patriots being pretty obviously and seriously outclassed on both sides of the ball and Brady getting more and more desperate to try to pull some kind of rabbit out of the hat...

beach tribe
02-08-2010, 10:34 AM
then ****ing humor me, I dont live on here.

Yeah, really. I'm on here a lot, and hardly know half the shit that's going on.
And I have an Iphone.

The Bad Guy
02-08-2010, 10:35 AM
crennel was a pawn in the patriots system...everyone knows bill runs everything in NE

Pawn or not, let me know when BB has won without Romeo and Charlie.

beach tribe
02-08-2010, 10:36 AM

That's not what the PLAYERS said.
And Bill hasn't done squat without Weis or Crennel.

The Bad Guy
02-08-2010, 10:37 AM
The ONLY bad playoff game Brady has ever had, really, is the Broncos game in 2005. This year's Ravens game was just a case of the Patriots being pretty obviously and seriously outclassed on both sides of the ball and Brady getting more and more desperate to try to pull some kind of rabbit out of the hat...

Wait a minute here. There's no blame laid at the feet of Brady for that Ravens game? How does Tom Brady get a mulligen in that game?

Amnorix
02-08-2010, 10:47 AM
Wait a minute here. There's no blame laid at the feet of Brady for that Ravens game? How does Tom Brady get a mulligen in that game?

Perhaps I can phrase it this way -- Brady sucked as much (not more, not less) than the rest of the Patriots team.

Couldn't run, couldn't pass, and couldn't stop 'em. It was a total team loss. The picks (think there were two) came after the Patriots were falling further and further behind and Brady was getting desperate.

The sequence, you may recall, was:

1. Ravens get ball at kickoff. First play is a 80+ yard TD run up the middle.

2. Brady gets stripped sack in about a half a second by TErrell Suggs blowing by Matt Light. Soon after it' sa Ravens TD for 14-0.

3. Brady gets sacked to start next series. Pats punt.

Pats clearly couldn't run the ball worth a damn, and now they're down 14 points. It basically gets comical from there.

Amnorix
02-08-2010, 10:53 AM
Pawn or not, let me know when BB has won without Romeo and Charlie.

Undefeated season until the extremely unlikely SB loss.

The Bad Guy
02-08-2010, 10:54 AM

A loss is a loss.

He hasn't won a SB without Romeo and Charlie.

Amnorix
02-08-2010, 10:54 AM
That's not what the PLAYERS said.
And Bill hasn't done squat without Weis or Crennel.

Other than the undefeated season until the extremely unlikely SB loss.

Right, other than the oh-so-close 19-0 SB, and getting to the AFCC and losing THAT by the skin of his teeth also to the team that went on to win the SB, he's done squat!

siberian khatru
02-08-2010, 10:55 AM

Crennel would've coached up Harrison to do a better job pulling the ball off Tyree's helmet.

Amnorix
02-08-2010, 11:04 AM
A loss is a loss.

He hasn't won a SB without Romeo and Charlie.

Yeah, but you can play this game all day. The Pats never won a SB without Lonnie Paxton (long snapper) either. Or Ty Law. Or Willie McGinest. Or Joe the Ballboy. It's endless.

You can do this for any dynasty pretty much. The 1960s Celtics never won a Championship without Sam Jones. Etc. ad infinitum.

The Bad Guy
02-08-2010, 11:40 AM
Yeah, but you can play this game all day. The Pats never won a SB without Lonnie Paxton (long snapper) either. Or Ty Law. Or Willie McGinest. Or Joe the Ballboy. It's endless.

You can do this for any dynasty pretty much. The 1960s Celtics never won a Championship without Sam Jones. Etc. ad infinitum.

No, you really can't.

When Brady credits Weis for his development, and Ty Law comes out and says Romeo was the one with the gameplans, it's a lot different than just a long snapper and Joe Ballboy.

Discrediting their impact is foolish.

Bunit
02-08-2010, 12:03 PM

Yo homie, how I remember it is Brady led them down the field to score a td. And then that awesome d you speak of let eli come down the field and score a td.

Do you remember Samuel dropping that pick that would have ended the game. You do? Cool. Also, I remember Brady having a fucked up leg and the Giants front 4 fucking up the pats o line with that minute 10 left of whatever it was.