PDA

View Full Version : Football What is Oakland getting in the Pendergast hire?

Ugly Duck
02-08-2010, 12:39 AM
Wut did you guys think of Pendergast in KC? Is this the hire that puts us back on top where we belong? Is Pendergast just a super-secret spy brought in to give Oakland the insider lowdown on the KC passing game?

ESPN: Oakland has hired former Kansas City defensive coordinator Clancy Pendergast to coach the defensive backs.

Pendergast was replaced by Romeo Crennel as the Chiefs defensive coordinator last month. Initially, Kansas City coach Todd Haley said he was interested in keeping Pendergast on the staff. But last week, the team and Pendergast parted ways.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/9776/pendergast-goes-to-oakland

http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae204/fame27/al-davis-mr-burns-1.jpg

Hammock Parties
02-08-2010, 12:45 AM
eh, working with limited talent doesnt warrant much of a good luck, but if you really want my true answer... Most of the time he was worthless

Rain Man
02-08-2010, 12:48 AM
He wasn't around long enough for me to build a book on him, but my guess is that Al will fire him in a year or so and refuse to pay him for the amount in his contract.

Buehler445
KC's D was crap. So was our talent, but if you look back, Arizona's defense got a lot better after he left. We'll see if ours do, but odds are, he's going to suck.

jjchieffan
Pendergast just a super-secret spy brought in to give Oakland the insider lowdown on the KC passing game?

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

Yeah, because KC's passing game is so feared in the league.

BryanBusby
02-08-2010, 12:49 AM
Is this the hire that puts us back on top where we belong?

In the top 5 of the draft, sure. Too bad the Crypt Keeper sent that 2011 first rounder to his BFF!

The talent level wasn't high on the D at all, but Pendergast made a subpar secondary somehow even worse and was the leader of the Career Day effort. have fun

-King-
02-08-2010, 12:50 AM
Pendergast just a super-secret spy brought in to give Oakland the insider lowdown on the KC passing game?

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

Yeah, because KC's passing game is so feared in the league.

Took my joke...:cuss:

acesn8s
02-08-2010, 12:57 AM
Pendergast just a super-secret spy brought in to give KC the insider lowdown on the Oakland passing game?

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

Yeah, because Oakland's passing game is so feared in the league.FYP

FAX
02-08-2010, 01:00 AM
Well first off, Mr. Ugly Duck, you're getting a guy whose name 99.999% of your fan base will have difficulty spelling. Second off, you're getting a guy who likes tuna fish. Tuna fish sandwiches, tuna fish salad, tuna fish casserole, tuna fish chili, tuna fish salad ... the works. This might not be good for you guys and, to that point, please allow me to suggest that the Raider kingdom women be warned.

FAX

The_Doctor10
02-08-2010, 01:37 AM
The hiring of Pendergast is going to be what turns Nnamdi from 'Revis' to 'Ty Law circa 2007'

Mr. Flopnuts
02-08-2010, 01:39 AM
Pendergast was released because Emmitt Thomas decided he'd come here. You've gotten yourself a cancer. He'll fit right in!

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-08-2010, 02:31 AM
Just because he was fired by the last two teams to employ him in the last two years doesn't mean he isn't just what the raiders need.

Kerberos
02-08-2010, 05:44 AM
Just because he was fired by the last two teams to employ him in the last two years doesn't mean he isn't just what the raiders need.

I agree with this post. :)

InChiefsHeaven
02-08-2010, 06:38 AM

All this really means is that Al Davis will make him head coach in 2011. Bank on it!

talastan
02-08-2010, 09:12 AM
All this really means is that Al Davis will make him head coach in 2011. Bank on it!

ROFL

ModSocks
02-08-2010, 10:16 AM
I cant believe he left the Chiefs to do the same thing in Oakland.

beach tribe
02-08-2010, 10:21 AM
Arizona's D went form 26th to like 8th when he left, with the exact same personnel. LMAO.
He sucks ass, and he wasn't here when Weis was here, so he doesn't know shit.

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-08-2010, 05:42 PM
Actually you're getting one of the finer coaches in the league. He helped take th Cardinals to the superbowl in 08. Before we pryed him away last year our defense was virtually last in the league. With his leadership our backup linebacker picked off two int's for a touchdown to beat the heavily favored Broncos with Kyle "Pro Bowl" Orton at the helm. Haley tried desperately to retain him but he stated he wanted to go to a team with a solid D already established with a big name Quarterback.

I think the Raiders are one lucky team !

bevischief
02-08-2010, 06:45 PM
bacon.