PDA

View Full Version : Football Stallworth released

Ralphy Boy
02-08-2010, 06:33 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4898382

Sign him???????

chefsos
02-08-2010, 06:34 PM
John Stallworth is just too damn old. Sorry.

RustShack
02-08-2010, 06:37 PM
Bring his ass in! We have a game to win!

KCChiefsMan
02-08-2010, 06:37 PM
no

DeezNutz
02-08-2010, 06:38 PM
If he'd hit a dog, I'd say no.

Tribal Warfare
02-08-2010, 06:46 PM
He has Patriot ties

teedubya
02-08-2010, 07:19 PM
He has Patriot ties

They are only $24 bucks,

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31P6EHmw6jL._SS400_.jpg

Mr. Laz
02-08-2010, 07:23 PM
nah ... don't need the drama.

i wouldn't be surprised to see us Draft Dez Bryant AND Shipley or Gilyard.

Huffman83
02-08-2010, 08:30 PM
Injury prone and underachiever. But could be cheap!!!! Eff it, why not?

DaneMcCloud
02-08-2010, 08:32 PM
He would be a great stop gap or contributing player while hopefully a draftee(s) get up to speed.

Sign him to an incentive laden deal and let him compete for a starting job.

Castle needs all the help he can get.

BossChief
02-08-2010, 09:04 PM
If hadn't killed a man while driving a car drunk and high, Id say yeah. He knows the system and is familiar with the way the tree is coached.

but he did

fuck stallworth

-King-
02-08-2010, 09:23 PM
If hadn't killed a man while driving a car drunk and high, Id say yeah. He knows the system and is familiar with the way the tree is coached.

but he did

fuck stallworth

He was drunk, not high, and even if he wasn't the man would have gotten hit anyway. Thats why he got such a light sentence. The man was walking where he shouldn't have been.

T-post Tom
02-08-2010, 11:36 PM
He would be a great stop gap or contributing player while hopefully a draftee(s) get up to speed.

Sign him to an incentive laden deal and let him compete for a starting job.

Castle needs all the help he can get.

JFC, Dane. You're absolutely right. From what little I've read on the accident, it sounds like the guy was likely to get run over without Stallworth's help. Signing him to an incentive laden deal is a good idea.

BWillie
02-08-2010, 11:40 PM
Bring him in. He's gonna be cheap.

DaneMcCloud
02-08-2010, 11:52 PM
Bring him in. He's gonna be cheap.

Contract value isn't an issue in an uncapped year

doomy3
02-08-2010, 11:56 PM

No, but Stallworth wouldn't be worth anything more than a cheap deal, even if money isn't an obstacle. He has been out of football for a year, and was completely ineffective the year before all that happened.

Thig Lyfe
02-08-2010, 11:58 PM
They are only $24 bucks,

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31P6EHmw6jL._SS400_.jpg

Wow, only 24 dollars bucks!?!?!

DaneMcCloud
02-08-2010, 11:59 PM
No, but Stallworth wouldn't be worth anything more than a cheap deal, even if money isn't an obstacle. He has been out of football for a year, and was completely ineffective the year before all that happened.

As I stated earlier, sign him to an incentive laden contract. He averages 42 catches a season and would definitely be an upgrade over the current wide receiving personnel.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-09-2010, 12:02 AM
I doubt anyone is coming to KC unless either A. they have too, or B. we pay them better than anyone else.

DaneMcCloud
02-09-2010, 12:05 AM
I doubt anyone is coming to KC unless either A. they have too, or B. we pay them better than anyone else.

Spoiler

Mr. Flopnuts
02-09-2010, 12:08 AM
Spoiler

I don't mind paying the guy a little extra coin to get him here. He's not going to get much anywhere he goes, bump it by 10-15% and get him in here. We need everything we can get, just as you said.

RippedmyFlesh
02-09-2010, 12:11 AM
True
But where would you roughly rank KC as far as willingness/means to spend in an uncapped enviroment? I don't know enough about big $$$ to know who's a heavy hitter and who is a light weight. Is the dallas kc gap as big as the yankees and royals gap as far as spending capabilities are concerned?

DaneMcCloud
02-09-2010, 12:15 AM
True
But where would you roughly rank KC as far as willingness/means to spend in an uncapped enviroment? I don't know enough about big $$$ to know who's a heavy hitter and who is a light weight. Is the dallas kc gap as big as the yankees and royals gap as far as spending capabilities are concerned?

A-gain, sign him to an incentive laden contract.

I don't think it'll take much to get him in KC and Pioli does have a history with the "player".

Wilson8
02-09-2010, 12:24 AM
I don't think Pioli's experience with Stallworth was a positive one. They signed him to a multi year deal and released after one.

On March 11, 2007, Stallworth agreed to terms with the New England Patriots on a reported six-year deal worth $30 million with $3.5 million guaranteed. The contract was incentive laden, meaning that the Patriots could release him if he underperformed for a small fraction of the full contract.[2] On February 22, 2008, the Patriots declined the option on his contract and he became a free agent.

RippedmyFlesh
02-09-2010, 01:08 AM
A-gain, sign him to an incentive laden contract.

I don't think it'll take much to get him in KC and Pioli does have a history with the "player".
I agree sign him asap.
He would be a bargain when he first comes back.
The thought of no salary cap beyond next year is what troubles me.
The cap prevented jones .snyder and god forbid davis from spending 3X as much as jax. With a cap you have to watch your spending so you paid for mistakes with no cap bad owners could just spend their way out of their mistakes.

Miles
02-09-2010, 01:48 AM
I don't think Pioli's experience with Stallworth was a positive one. They signed him to a multi year deal and released after one.

On March 11, 2007, Stallworth agreed to terms with the New England Patriots on a reported six-year deal worth $30 million with $3.5 million guaranteed. The contract was incentive laden, meaning that the Patriots could release him if he underperformed for a small fraction of the full contract.[2] On February 22, 2008, the Patriots declined the option on his contract and he became a free agent.

They also traded for Moss later that offseason which pretty much made him expendable the following year with that contract.

Wilson8
02-09-2010, 02:22 AM
They also traded for Moss later that offseason which pretty much made him expendable the following year with that contract.

They also traded for Wes Welker and signed Kelly Washington which I think means that New England was working to improve their WR corp. Part of the deal was they signed Stallworth to a pretty expensive contract if they kept him into the second year. I'm not saying that Stallworth is a bad WR. I'm saying Pioli has been down that road before and may look at other options like Kevin Walters or the draft. Also as a player would you feel comfortable signing with a guy that signed you to a 6 year contract and dumps you after 1 year?

Side note - I think the same might be true for FA WR Kelly Washington. He signed him in New England and might think there are better options.

Wilson8
02-09-2010, 02:26 AM
If you want to know more about Stallworth and the accident go to -

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4889938

Watch the video. It's very informative. The interviewer was really good and asked him some tough questions. I can feel sorry for Donte, but he made some mistakes that morning.

Pushead2
02-09-2010, 06:42 AM
if the price & his role is right, bring him in.

Consistent1
02-09-2010, 07:42 AM
I don't see why not in this case. He may be real determined, work out and run like mad, and come back hardcore to prove a point. He could be a steal.

tyton75
02-09-2010, 07:47 AM
Bring him in IF he is cheap

pkane
02-09-2010, 01:02 PM
I would say don't bother. He has a history of always having a hurt hamstring, a year out of football and just being a huge underachiver in his career.

Look elsewhere.

Tango&Cash
02-09-2010, 01:15 PM
If he wasn't so inj prone I'd say sign him. He's better than anyone we have now besides Bowe, and I'm being nice about that comment because Bowe sucks too. Chambers may not even be around this next season.

Wilson8
02-09-2010, 06:02 PM
Source: Stallworth is working out with the Lions

Agent Drew Rosenhaus said Tuesday that receiver Donte' Stallworth, who was reinstated Sunday night and cut by the Browns on Monday, will be working out for an unnamed NFL team on Wednesday.

Per a league source, that team is the Lions.

Stallworth entered the league as a first-round draft pick in 2002. The Lions used a first-round pick on wideouts in 2003, 2004, 2005, and 2007.

Stallworth was suspended for the entire 2009 season after pleading guilty to felony DUI manslaughter. He spent 2008 with the Browns, 2007 with the Patriots, and 2006 with the Eagles. In his first four seasons, he played with the Saints.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

Mr. Laz
02-17-2010, 11:01 AM
Stallworth signs 1-year deal with Ravens

Stallworth signs with Ravens

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on February 17, 2010 11:53 AM ET
Just nine days after being reinstated by Commissioner Roger Goodell from a one-year suspension, the Ravens have put Donte' Stallworth on their roster.

PFT's Mike Florio reports that Stallworth will make $900,000 on a one-year contract. He can also earn up to $300,000 in playing time incentives.

SI's Peter King first tweeted the news that Stallworth will sign, and we can confirm the deal is done.

It's a low-risk, medium reward deal for the Ravens, who add a much-needed vertical threat for Joe Flacco to throw to.

Mile High Mania
02-17-2010, 11:07 AM
It's a good deal for the Ravens... they need talent at WR. Stallworth is not a #1 guy, so I'm still hoping they offer up a nice deal for Brandon Marshall to be their #1 guy. :clap:

Marshall and Stallworth would be a very nice tandem... and you could hire the same nanny to watch both of them off the field.

Garcia Bronco
02-17-2010, 11:11 AM
He was drunk, not high, and even if he wasn't the man would have gotten hit anyway. Thats why he got such a light sentence. The man was walking where he shouldn't have been.

The found THC in his system. Now whether he was under the influence of THC at the time is impossible to say. But it was in his system.

Either way the dirt bag flashed his lights at a guy and proceeded to run him down.

-King-
02-17-2010, 11:17 AM
The found THC in his system. Now whether he was under the influence of THC at the time is impossible to say. But it was in his system.

Either way the dirt bag flashed his lights at a guy and proceeded to run him down.

What don't you understand about that even a sober person would have ran him over?
Posted via Mobile Device

banyon
02-17-2010, 12:37 PM
What don't you understand about that even a sober person would have ran him over?
Posted via Mobile Device

How was that established?

I think it was just that prosecutors couldn't prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Stallworth's drunk driving was the main cause of the accident. That is different than saying they know it did not cause the accident.

Courts rarely get to prove someone innocent, usually just that it's not certain enough.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-17-2010, 12:42 PM

Dude. Pot is not going to make you hit someone. Driving too fast will, but not pot.

Being stoned is NOWHERE near the same as being drunk. It's not even close.

I'm not advocating that people should drive around high, I'm just sayin'.

Tango&Cash
02-17-2010, 01:00 PM

You know what the half life is of THC and how long it can stay in your "system"?

I'm completely sober right now, I could get in my car right now, run over and kill someone, they could draw blood from me and I'd have THC in my system. I havent smoked pot in 4-5 days.

And responding to Flopnuts post. Driving drunk is A LOT different than driving drunk, that is unless you get so high you want to pass out.

Mr. Laz
02-17-2010, 02:43 PM
Dude. Pot is not going to make you hit someone. Driving too fast will, but not pot.

Being stoned is NOWHERE near the same as being drunk. It's not even close.

I'm not advocating that people should drive around high, I'm just sayin'.
for me it is ... pot makes me dizzy just like being drunk

smoking even a little bit after drinking will just send me flying