PDA

View Full Version : Life Valentine's Day Ideas/Suggestions Thread

joesomebody
02-10-2010, 08:46 PM
Need some help from the Chief's Planet Valentine's day veterans. I've been dating my current girl friend right at 4 months now. Need some gift ideas that say, "You are awesome and I like things just the way they are." Basically the perfect gift that makes her happy, but doesn't imply I'm trying to take things to another level. She's awesome, but I'm broke and still in college, so don't need to be in a crazy super serious relationship.

Any ideas/suggestions appreciated. I figure we'll go to dinner, but I assume I need to buy some sort of gift as well.

Any one else needs advice, feel free to jump in.

luv
02-10-2010, 08:48 PM
Need some help from the Chief's Planet Valentine's day veterans. I've been dating my current girl friend right at 4 months now. Need some gift ideas that say, "You are awesome and I like things just the way they are." Basically the perfect gift that makes her happy, but doesn't imply I'm trying to take things to another level. She's awesome, but I'm broke and still in college, so don't need to be in a crazy super serious relationship.

Any ideas/suggestions appreciated. I figure we'll go to dinner, but I assume I need to buy some sort of gift as well.

Any one else needs advice, feel free to jump in.

Totally depends on what she likes. Does she collect anything? Does she have a hobby? Does she like sports?

Sure-Oz
02-10-2010, 08:51 PM
http://www.loveislame.com/products/4

joesomebody
02-10-2010, 08:52 PM
Totally depends on what she likes. Does she collect anything? Does she have a hobby? Does she like sports?
Don't think she collects anything. Hobbies, not really, other than sports. She's a cards fan I know. She just graduated in December from Mizzou with a journalism degree.

bdeg
Dinner, flowers, PIIHB

joesomebody
http://www.loveislame.com/products/4Lol

Bugeater
02-10-2010, 08:53 PM
The most important thing is to set the bar as low as possible seeing that it's your first one with this girl, that way there is always room for improvement. If you knock it out of the park right off the bat you'll only be setting her up for disappointment in the future.

joesomebody
02-10-2010, 08:54 PM
The most important thing is to set the bar as low as possible seeing that it's your first one with this girl, that way there is always room for improvement. If you knock it out of the park right off the bat you'll only be setting her up for disappointment in the future.Good advice. Wal-Mart teddy bear with a heart FTW?

I spent around 80 bucks on Christmas, was hoping to come in under that quote this time.

luv
02-10-2010, 09:00 PM
Don't think she collects anything. Hobbies, not really, other than sports. She's a cards fan I know. She just graduated in December from Mizzou with a journalism degree.

I'm a Cards fan. Nothing wrong with that. :p

Depends on what kind of Valentine's night you want to have. Could go with some massage oil. And the teddy bear sounds good.

Over-Head
02-10-2010, 09:01 PM
Ordered this for the wifes B-Day.
They have MANY different book topics

http://www.bookbyyou.com/vampire/default.asp?id=Face-VK-GEN-MEN

Over-Head
02-10-2010, 09:03 PM
The most important thing is to set the bar as low as possible seeing that it's your first one with this girl, that way there is always room for improvement. If you knock it out of the park right off the bat you'll only be setting her up for disappointment in the future.
Kinda like how I gave GOLD to the gf now wife first x-mass ever.
Now she drops hints at what expensive shiny shit she wants :doh!:

Delano
02-10-2010, 09:09 PM
Hello canolli canoe.
Posted via Mobile Device

shitgoose
02-10-2010, 09:12 PM
Get her a little spa time. For $50 bucks you can get her a massage or any of that other crap they do at those places. Quick, easy, and they always appreciate getting pampered.

luv
02-10-2010, 09:14 PM
Get her a little spa time. For $50 bucks you can get her a massage or any of that other crap they do at those places. Quick, easy, and they always appreciate getting pampered.

$50 is gonna get her much, for very long anyway.

Bugeater
02-10-2010, 09:18 PM
$50 is gonna get her much, for very long anyway.
Should be able to get a 1/2 hr massage for that dough.

luv
02-10-2010, 09:19 PM
Should be able to get a 1/2 hr massage for that dough.

Why pay when he could give her one for free?

RJ
02-10-2010, 09:21 PM

This is excellent advice. In fact, you may want to consider buying nothing at all and then pretending you forgot. When she hands you a gift, look shocked, run out the door and head straight for your local Walgreens. Come back with a cheap bottle of perfume she'll never wear ($14.99 or less), a plastic rose and a St. Patricks card because they were all out of Valentines. Make sure to give her the whole mess in the plastic Walgreens bag, along with the receipt.

See, the thing is that while men like women for who they are, women like men for who they might become. So you want to show this girl plenty of room for improvement. Be The Blank Canvas.

Oh, and one other thing.....it might be a good idea to show up drunk.

Joie
02-10-2010, 10:20 PM
Something simple, like a bouquet of flowers (NOT RED ROSES!!!...preferably her favorite, but not red roses) goes pretty far on a first Valentine's Day. Include a cute little bear or something she can save if things go well. That and dinner should suffice for a first Valentine's Day.

joesomebody
02-11-2010, 12:42 PM
Something simple, like a bouquet of flowers (NOT RED ROSES!!!...preferably her favorite, but not red roses) goes pretty far on a first Valentine's Day. Include a cute little bear or something she can save if things go well. That and dinner should suffice for a first Valentine's Day.
Thanks. Was definitely thinking roses, but I can kind of see your point. Thanks for that. Also like the spa idea. Going to do a little searching today, and hopefully get it over with. Now to figure out where to do dinner. My roommate said I should cook, but that is not a good idea... That is unless chili is romantic.

JD10367
02-11-2010, 12:45 PM
See? A guy starts a thread, it falls right off the front page. A female starts a thread, it gets a ton more action, LOL.

booyaf2
02-11-2010, 01:13 PM
This is excellent advice. In fact, you may want to consider buying nothing at all and then pretending you forgot. When she hands you a gift, look shocked, run out the door and head straight for your local Walgreens. Come back with a cheap bottle of perfume she'll never wear ($14.99 or less), a plastic rose and a St. Patricks card because they were all out of Valentines. Make sure to give her the whole mess in the plastic Walgreens bag, along with the receipt.

See, the thing is that while men like women for who they are, women like men for who they might become. So you want to show this girl plenty of room for improvement. Be The Blank Canvas.

Oh, and one other thing.....it might be a good idea to show up drunk.

Always a great idea to show up drunk.

Iowanian
02-11-2010, 01:14 PM
Step 1. Cut a hole in a box...
Step 2.......

Jilly
02-11-2010, 01:15 PM
terry cloth wrist bands and a matching head band..... (anyone?)

Iowanian
02-11-2010, 01:16 PM
A shamwow terrible towel and a travel size bottle of mouthwash...