PDA

View Full Version : Football Anyone looking to buy an NFL franchise in Denver?

LaChapelle
02-11-2010, 11:35 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/02/11/rumors-fly-that-broncos-are-available-for-purchase/

The fact that the Rams have found a buyer reminded me of a rumor that snaked its way through the grapevine last week.

There's talk that the Denver Broncos could be available to be purchased from current owner Pat Bowlen.

And there's a connection between the Rams and the Broncos. If Shahid Khan will be buying not only the 60 percent of the Rams currently held by Chip Rosenbloom and Lucia Rodriguez but also the 40 percent owned by Stan Kroenke, Kroenke could couple the cash he gets from Shahid with a chunk of his wife's Wal-Mart money and purchase the Broncos.

Kroenke already owns the NHL's Colorado Avalanche and the NBA's Denver Nuggets. He reportedly was interested in acquiring controlling interest in the Rams, but the league's cross-ownership rules require teams in multiple leagues to be located in the same market.

We need to be clear on this one. We're not saying that the Broncos are for sale; we're saying that there's a rumor they're for sale. And we're speculating that Kroenke could be interested, especially if he's cashing out his chips in St. Louis.

Frazod
02-11-2010, 11:40 AM
I'd like to buy them and then hire Carl Peterson to run them into the ground while I laugh and make millions.

Is that wrong? :evil:

dirk digler
02-11-2010, 11:42 AM
I'd like to buy them and then hire Carl Peterson to run them into the ground while I laugh and make millions.

LMAO Awesome

talastan
02-11-2010, 11:43 AM

Your an genious!!:thumb:

Tango&Cash
02-11-2010, 11:44 AM

I was just going to say the same thing. Though he prob hates KC fans so much, he would probably make a SB contender out of them just to spite us all.

Reerun_KC
02-11-2010, 11:49 AM

Only if you hired Marty and Herm to continue the demise....

That would be perfect!

Frazod
02-11-2010, 11:51 AM
Only if you hired Marty and Herm to continue the demise....

That would be perfect!

Jimmy Raye and Greg Robinson FTW! Mike Stock on Special Teams. LMAO

dirk digler
02-11-2010, 11:54 AM
Jimmy Raye and Greg Robinson FTW! Mike Stock on Special Teams. LMAO

No it has to be Paul Hackett but the rest is ok. :D

Mastashake
02-11-2010, 11:57 AM
Does anyone see this as a possibility of owners thinking the NFL will lose value if a strike occurs in the next 5-10 years?

Between this and the Rams...

DMAC
02-11-2010, 11:58 AM
I was just going to say the same thing. Though he prob hates KC fans so much, he would probably make a SB contender out of them just to spite us all.

I promise you, he wouldn't.

Imon Yourside
02-11-2010, 12:02 PM

:thumb:

jAZ
02-11-2010, 12:03 PM
The L.A. Broncos. Sweet!

http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Arts/Arts_/site_furniture/2007/09/20/fordbronco460.jpg

Quesadilla Joe
02-12-2010, 03:56 PM
Broncos COO: Team is not for sale
2/12/2010 11:38:39 AM

Jeff Legwold of the Denver Post reports Broncos chief operating officer Joe Ellis strongly refuted an Internet report that Broncos owner Pat Bowlen is shopping the team. "The team is not for sale. The rumor is false," Ellis said. . . .

http://theredzone.org/BlogDescription.aspx?EntryId=3218

DaFace
02-12-2010, 03:58 PM
That would be horrible. Kroenke is actually a competent owner.

Bugeater
02-12-2010, 06:05 PM
Why would anyone want to buy an NFL team when all they do is lose money?