PDA

View Full Version : Football Rivals Preseason Top 25

Titty Meat
02-11-2010, 02:51 PM
http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1050811

Titty Meat
02-11-2010, 02:52 PM
I know it's way too early but still OU ranked 13th?

The Franchise
02-11-2010, 02:53 PM
Where's Notre Dame? :D

kepp
02-11-2010, 02:55 PM
I know it's way too early but still OU ranked 13th?

You look at that list and the biggest mistake that jumps out at you is OU at #13?

rockymtnchief
02-11-2010, 02:56 PM
Where's Notre Dame? :D

Playing Yahtzee with Michigan.:huh:

Hard to believe Navy has passed them both.

Titty Meat
You look at that list and the biggest mistake that jumps out at you is OU at #13?

OU is easily a top 5 team with all that talent. Why who do you disagree with? Uconn at #22 isn't right.

Mr. Flopnuts
You give me the point spread Billay, and I'll make a sig bet with you for the Nebraska, Washington game in week 3.

Let's see how confident you are in your Huskers. I recall you saying they were going to absolutely rape Washington. Put your sig where your mouf is.

The Franchise
02-11-2010, 02:57 PM
You give me the point spread Billay, and I'll make a sig bet with you for the Nebraska, Washington game in week 3.

Let's see how confident you are in your Huskers. I recall you saying they were going to absolutely rape Washington. Put your sig where your mouf is.

OH SNAP!!!!

kepp
02-11-2010, 02:57 PM
OU is easily a top 5 team with all that talent. Why who do you disagree with? Uconn at #22 isn't right.

I should have put a :p at the end because I was talking about NU being at #5

Mr. Flopnuts
02-11-2010, 02:58 PM
Billay will be a sporting a sig that says something like,

"I thought it was Cornholers, otherwise I would've been a Gayhawks fan."

kepp
02-11-2010, 02:58 PM
Put your sig where your mouf is

You may want to launder that before using it then.

The Franchise
02-11-2010, 02:59 PM
TCU's defensive coordinator's name is:

Dick Bumpas? Really?

Pants
02-11-2010, 03:00 PM
Billay will be a sporting a sig that says something like,

"I thought it was Cornholers, otherwise I would've been a Gayhawks fan."

I was going to "ROFL" at that but then you had to change it... FAIL FAIL FAIL

rageeumr
02-11-2010, 03:00 PM
I think Nebraska will be solid, but #5? I admit I don't follow them extremely closely, but how can you put a team at #5 and then acknowledge in your explanation that their success depends on the spontaneous appearance of something resembling a QB?

Mr. Flopnuts
02-11-2010, 03:01 PM
I was going to "ROFL" at that but then you had to change it... FAIL FAIL FAIL

LMAO I figured I'd kill 2 birds with 1 stone. :D

Pants
I think Nebraska will be solid, but #5? I admit I don't follow them extremely closely, but how can you put a team at #5 and then acknowledge in your explanation that their success depends on the spontaneous appearance of something resembling a QB?

Retarded. I guess they're just thinking the D won't let anybody score more than 10 points on them? We'll see I guess.

kstater

Tradition

Mr. Flopnuts
02-11-2010, 03:02 PM
The Huskies will score 30 on Nebraska. You heard it here first.

Titty Meat
02-11-2010, 03:02 PM
Nebraskas defense has more talent then it did last year and you got to remember they played the whole year with a shitty offense. No way the offense is that bad this year.

The Franchise
02-11-2010, 03:03 PM
Tradition

Then once again....where the fuck is Notre Dame? :thumb:

BigCatDaddy

Waaahhhhttt??? I'm an OU fan and #13 might be too high. They are losing what talent they did have.

Nebraska #5 though is a joke and Texas will also take a step back. Bad year for the Big 12 coming up.

Titty Meat

It's on. Nebraska by 10+?

kstater
Then once again....where the fuck is Notre Dame? :thumb:

ND used up all their chances to be over rated.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-11-2010, 03:04 PM
It's on. Nebraska by 10+?

I don't know. Whatever the spread is the week of the game. It's in Husky stadium, but UW isn't even ranked. I'd be surprised if it was under 15.

Titty Meat
02-11-2010, 03:04 PM
Waaahhhhttt??? I'm an OU fan and #13 might be too high. They are losing what talent they did have.

There QB is underrated and they get one of the best recruiting classes every year.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-11-2010, 03:06 PM
I don't know. Whatever the spread is the week of the game. It's in Husky stadium, but UW isn't even ranked. I'd be surprised if it was under 15.

That said, I'll take it regardless. We can set a max on it though, but I don't think we'll need to. I don't think they'll be 3 TD favorites or anything. But UW is going to be fucking young this year. The recruits they got, was because they were told they would be playing out of the gate.

Titty Meat
02-11-2010, 03:07 PM

Your sig is going to look silly when it says " I love my Bo Friend. Go Big Red!"

Mr. Flopnuts
02-11-2010, 03:10 PM
Your sig is going to look silly when it says " I love my Bo Friend. Go Big Red!"

LMAO At least you're planning something as good as I am. This will be my first sig bet on this site. I'll take my Huskies. They're under rated too. Our QB will be a top 5 pick next year, and we have some great WR's as well. If our RB can repeat his freshman campaign, we may beat USC again.

DMAC
02-11-2010, 03:14 PM
Nebraska will have 8 wins.

Titty Meat
02-11-2010, 03:14 PM
LMAO At least you're planning something as good as I am. This will be my first sig bet on this site. I'll take my Huskies. They're under rated too. Our QB will be a top 5 pick next year, and we have some great WR's as well. If our RB can repeat his freshman campaign, we may beat USC again.

I was looking at Washingtons schedule I see they play USC after Nebraska so I hope they overlook Nebraska :LOL:. Yea the problem I see playing Washington early on is Locker is good and Nebraska will have some young safeties playing. Hows Washingtons defense?

Dartgod
02-11-2010, 03:15 PM
No doubt. I'm a big Husker fan, but I've seen nothing yet from Cody Green that leads me to believe he's ready to lead a top 10 program.

The Franchise
02-11-2010, 03:20 PM

It won't be your last. I want a sig bet when the Irish play the Huskies.

kepp
02-11-2010, 03:22 PM
There QB is underrated and they get one of the best recruiting classes every year.

Green had all year to learn the offense and couldn't run but maybe 10% of it. By this time next year is he going to be up to 25%?

Mr. Flopnuts
02-11-2010, 03:22 PM
I was looking at Washingtons schedule I see they play USC after Nebraska so I hope they overlook Nebraska :LOL:. Yea the problem I see playing Washington early on is Locker is good and Nebraska will have some young safeties playing. Hows Washingtons defense?

Our weak point for sure. I'm hoping for vast improvement out of the D this year. We gave up way too many big plays last year and it killed us in games. Although I am excited to see the progression from Desmond Trufant. I expect him to have a huge year this year.

It won't be your last. I want a sig bet when the Irish play the Huskies.

Absolutely.

The Franchise
02-11-2010, 03:24 PM
Absolutely.

I may regret it though because I have no clue what our team is going to look like. Crist should be starting at QB unless one of the younger guys beats him for the job. We'll at least still have Floyd and Rudolph. Who knows what Kelley is going to do with the defense.

Titty Meat
02-11-2010, 03:25 PM
Green had all year to learn the offense and couldn't run but maybe 10% of it. By this time next year is he going to be up to 25%?

I was talking about OU's QB who did pretty good for his first year.

I think Lee will be the starter remember he was playing injured most of the year. He was great aginst Arizona who supposedly has a good defense. Opening up the playbook seemed to benefit him. Also the offense added some homerun guys which hopefully will help with the exception of Paul the WR's really sucked at getting seperation.

Sam Hall
02-11-2010, 03:27 PM
Nebraska should be in the 10-15 range. This offseason hype is setting them up for failure. Next season's schedule has too many potential losses. They still have issues at quarterback. Zac Lee recently had surgery and might miss spring practice.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-11-2010, 03:27 PM
I may regret it though because I have no clue what our team is going to look like. Crist should be starting at QB unless one of the younger guys beats him for the job. We'll at least still have Floyd and Rudolph. Who knows what Kelley is going to do with the defense.

Yeah, I was actually thinking that's a risky bet for you considering the program is starting all over. We don't play this year though. I'm not sure when ND and UW are meeting up again actually.

The Franchise
02-11-2010, 03:28 PM
Yeah, I was actually thinking that's a risky bet for you considering the program is starting all over. We don't play this year though. I'm not sure when ND and UW are meeting up again actually.

Do you have a link for the 2010 schedules?

How the fuck don't we play this year? That's lame.

vailpass
02-11-2010, 03:30 PM
The Hawks at #8? Top 10 pre-season rankings are the kiss of death for us.
The #7 team is going to make a fine addition to the Big10(11)(12).

kepp
02-11-2010, 03:33 PM
I was talking about OU's QB who did pretty good for his first year.

I think Lee will be the starter remember he was playing injured most of the year. He was great aginst Arizona who supposedly has a good defense. Opening up the playbook seemed to benefit him. Also the offense added some homerun guys which hopefully will help with the exception of Paul the WR's really sucked at getting seperation.

Oooooh...gotcha.

Titty Meat
02-11-2010, 03:35 PM
Nebraska should be in the 10-15 range. This offseason hype is setting them up for failure. Next season's schedule has too many potential losses. They still have issues at quarterback. Zac Lee recently had surgery and might miss spring practice.

I agree but if they want to be an elite program they'll have to play with high expectations.

Sam Hall
02-11-2010, 03:45 PM
I agree but if they want to be an elite program they'll have to play with high expectations.

I'm sure the expectation will be to win the conference championship. I have a couple early expectations that might change if Lee doesn't start. They have to eliminate the annual ridiculous loss or two, like last year's Iowa State game. I see five potential losses:

1. at Washington: The Huskies might not be very good outside Jake Locker. Huskers should win.

2. Texas in Lincoln: The big game of the season. Huskers have a decent chance.

3. at Oklahoma State: The Pokes lost a lot of talent, but something scares me about going on the road in the South.

4. Missouri in Lincoln: I will be in Lincoln to put the hex on the Tigers. I'm looking forward to it. Smash mouth football will beat arena football.

5. at Texas A&M: They have a nice offense, but hardly any defense. Another tough road game in the South, but Huskers should win.

Great Expectations
02-11-2010, 03:51 PM
IMO OU and Nebraska should switch spots in most of these pre-season rankings:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=schlabach_mark&id=4901998

Mr. Flopnuts
02-11-2010, 03:54 PM
Do you have a link for the 2010 schedules?

How the fuck don't we play this year? That's lame.

Here's UW's schedule.

http://www.gohuskies.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/wash-m-footbl-sched.html

Here's ND's.

http://www.und.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/112105aaa.html

Lots of potential there for a good year. And kudos to them for scheduling a team like Utah.

Mr. Laz
02-11-2010, 03:55 PM
you know billay wouldn't of posted this unless the cornholes were way over-ranked.

Titty Meat
02-11-2010, 04:11 PM
You know Laz wouldn't post in a thread just to whine.

BWillie
02-11-2010, 04:16 PM
Iowa ranked that high has me a bit worried. Every time they come into a season supposed to be good, they have faltered. Admittedly it hasn't happened very often, so I will relish the Pre-season top 10 ranking.

Titty Meat
02-11-2010, 04:18 PM
Iowa ranked that high has me a bit worried. Every time they come into a season supposed to be good, they have faltered. Admittedly it hasn't happened very often, so I will relish the Pre-season top 10 ranking.

I don't follow Iowa much but don't they have alot of guys coming back? OSU has alot of guys coming back that could be a problem for Iowa winning the Big 10.

vailpass
02-11-2010, 04:27 PM
I don't follow Iowa much but don't they have alot of guys coming back? OSU has alot of guys coming back that could be a problem for Iowa winning the Big 10.

Yes but...

For the most part, Iowa generally was able to win the line of scrimmage battles on both sides of the ball in 2009. With all four starters on the defensive line returning, the D-line is likely to be the strength of the entire team.

There are certainly more questions on the offensive side of the ball. Gone are junior Bryan Bulaga and seniors Dace Richardson, Kyle Calloway, and Rafael Eubanks. It will be up to returning starters Riley Reiff and Julian Vandervelde to lead a relatively inexperienced group.

Of course the good news is that the offensive line just happens to be Kirk Ferentz’s specialty. Iowa has demonstrated an uncanny knack for being able to reload these positions throughout Ferentz’s 10-year tenure in Iowa City. I would expect that by the time the 2010 season rolls around, Ferentz will have molded another exceptional group along the offensive front.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/330208-five-reasons-why-iowa-hawkeyes-football-will-face-more-adversity-in-2010

POND_OF_RED
02-11-2010, 04:28 PM
They say every year that Nebraska's success will depend on the QB play and every year they find out that their QB sucks balls and isn't as good as advertised.

vailpass
02-11-2010, 04:30 PM
They say every year that Nebraska's success will depend on the QB play and every year they find out that their QB sucks balls and isn't as good as advertised.

Every year since when? Like it or not Nebraska is a fabled program that appears to be on it's way back to upper-tier status.

POND_OF_RED
02-11-2010, 04:34 PM
Every year since when? Like it or not Nebraska is a fabled program that appears to be on it's way back to upper-tier status.

No one is arguing that the defense will make them good. The offense won't be any better though. All I hear every year is how Nebraska is finally going to have a QB that can throw the ball and put points on the board and then every year their offense can't do shit and relies completely on the black shirts to bail them out. Not enough balance to be a top 5 team yet until they actual find an offensive game.

The Franchise
02-11-2010, 04:35 PM
Here's UW's schedule.

http://www.gohuskies.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/wash-m-footbl-sched.html

Here's ND's.

http://www.und.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/112105aaa.html

Lots of potential there for a good year. And kudos to them for scheduling a team like Utah.

Sept. 4 PURDUE
Sept. 11 MICHIGAN
Sept. 18 at Michigan State
Sept. 25 STANFORD
Oct. 2 at Boston College
Oct. 9 PITTSBURGH
Oct. 16 WESTERN MICHIGAN
Oct. 23 at Navy (at Meadowlands - East Rutherford, N.J.)
Oct. 30 TULSA
Nov. 6 Open Date
Nov. 13 UTAH
Nov. 20 ARMY (at Yankee Stadium - Bronx, N.Y.)
Nov. 27 at USC

Damn.....if only I could find a way to not pay $1000 for tickets to the ND/USC game in Southern Cal.....I'd go.

And yeah...I give them credit for scheduling Utah....but Western Michigan and Tulsa.....really?

Washington on the other hand has a fucking brutal stretch in their schedule.

09/04/10 at BYU Provo, Utah TBA
09/11/10 vs. Syracuse Seattle, Wash. TBA
09/18/10 vs. Nebraska Seattle, Wash. TBA
10/02/10 at USC * Los Angeles, Calif. TBA
10/09/10 vs. Arizona State * Seattle, Wash. TBA
10/16/10 vs. Oregon State * Seattle, Wash. TBA
10/23/10 at Arizona * Tucson, Ariz. TBA
10/30/10 vs. Stanford Seattle, Wash. TBA
11/06/10 at Oregon * Eugene, Ore. TBA
11/13/10 vs. UCLA * Seattle, Wash. TBA
11/27/10 at California * Berkeley, Calif. TBA
12/04/10 at Washington State Pullman, Wash. TBA

Titty Meat
02-11-2010, 04:36 PM
No one is arguing that the defense will make them good. The offense won't be any better though. All I hear every year is how Nebraska is finally going to have a QB that can throw the ball and put points on the board and then every year their offense can't do shit and relies completely on the black shirts to bail them out. Not enough balance to be a top 5 team yet until they actual find an offensive game.

Where do you figure the offense won't be any better? Last year the starting QB had thrown a total of 2 passes, The backup was hurt before the season ever begain, The other QB transfered, and Green was a true freshmen. Not to mention they added one of the best JUCO Left Tackles in the nation and everyone else on the o-line comes back. I'm not trying to be a homer but if the offense isn't improved Watson will be fired.

KevB
02-11-2010, 04:36 PM

We'll see. I think people are underestimating the impact of losing Suh. He completely changed games single-handedly. Not to mention the loss of Dillard and Asante.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-11-2010, 04:41 PM
Sept. 4 PURDUE
Sept. 11 MICHIGAN
Sept. 18 at Michigan State
Sept. 25 STANFORD
Oct. 2 at Boston College
Oct. 9 PITTSBURGH
Oct. 16 WESTERN MICHIGAN
Oct. 23 at Navy (at Meadowlands - East Rutherford, N.J.)
Oct. 30 TULSA
Nov. 6 Open Date
Nov. 13 UTAH
Nov. 20 ARMY (at Yankee Stadium - Bronx, N.Y.)
Nov. 27 at USC

Damn.....if only I could find a way to not pay $1000 for tickets to the ND/USC game in Southern Cal.....I'd go.

And yeah...I give them credit for scheduling Utah....but Western Michigan and Tulsa.....really?

Washington on the other hand has a fucking brutal stretch in their schedule.

09/04/10 at BYU Provo, Utah TBA
09/11/10 vs. Syracuse Seattle, Wash. TBA
09/18/10 vs. Nebraska Seattle, Wash. TBA
10/02/10 at USC * Los Angeles, Calif. TBA
10/09/10 vs. Arizona State * Seattle, Wash. TBA
10/16/10 vs. Oregon State * Seattle, Wash. TBA
10/23/10 at Arizona * Tucson, Ariz. TBA
10/30/10 vs. Stanford Seattle, Wash. TBA
11/06/10 at Oregon * Eugene, Ore. TBA
11/13/10 vs. UCLA * Seattle, Wash. TBA
11/27/10 at California * Berkeley, Calif. TBA
12/04/10 at Washington State Pullman, Wash. TBA

:fire: They're really wanting to focus on the Navy game this year.

POND_OF_RED
02-11-2010, 04:50 PM
Where do you figure the offense won't be any better? Last year the starting QB had thrown a total of 2 passes, The backup was hurt before the season ever begain, The other QB transfered, and Green was a true freshmen. Not to mention they added one of the best JUCO Left Tackles in the nation and everyone else on the o-line comes back. I'm not trying to be a homer but if the offense isn't improved Watson will be fired.

You had a premiere defense with a shitty offense last year. Bo goes out and picks up an OT, TE. and RB for the offense. No real receiving threats were added. Who is the main guy for Green to look at down field? Niles Paul?! Come on now...

It's going to be the same Nebraska style offense of pounding the ball on the ground. It works well for you but it's also the reason that you never know what's going to happen with them week after week. If the defense comes out sluggish early and gives up an early lead they don't have the offense to try and fight their way back into games. The premiere teams in the league will have offenses that can score at will, not just play the field position battle.

vailpass
02-11-2010, 04:56 PM

Oh, I see what you mean. 5 does seem awfully agressive but then that's what pre-season rankings are for is to make us talk right?
It will all settle in once the season starts.

Titty Meat
02-11-2010, 05:56 PM
You had a premiere defense with a shitty offense last year. Bo goes out and picks up an OT, TE. and RB for the offense. No real receiving threats were added. Who is the main guy for Green to look at down field? Niles Paul?! Come on now...

It's going to be the same Nebraska style offense of pounding the ball on the ground. It works well for you but it's also the reason that you never know what's going to happen with them week after week. If the defense comes out sluggish early and gives up an early lead they don't have the offense to try and fight their way back into games. The premiere teams in the league will have offenses that can score at will, not just play the field position battle.

Thats not true. They added 2 guys guys who run 4.4 and Niles Paul can stretch the field. They are running a variation of the spred and pounding the ball (see the Holiday Bowl). You act as if teams stay the same each year which simply isn't true. And Nebraska is one of the premire teams in the Big 12.

Mr. Laz
02-11-2010, 06:05 PM
Every year since when? Like it or not Nebraska is a fabled program that appears to be on it's way back to upper-tier status.and we better all hope they go up like the Hindenburg

people are seriously forgetting what a bunch of arrogant ass mofo's these cornholer fans can be. The only reason they have been bearable lately is because they pretty much suck at everything. Give them even an ounce of success and they all drown in a rain storm because their noses are turn up so far.

Bugeater
02-11-2010, 06:13 PM
The Huskies will score 30 on Nebraska. You heard it here first.
What are you willing to put on the line for that?

Bugeater
02-11-2010, 06:14 PM
and we better all hope they go up like the Hindenburg

people are seriously forgetting what a bunch of arrogant ass mofo's these cornholer fans can be. The only reason they have been bearable lately is because they pretty much suck at everything. Give them even an ounce of success and they all drown in a rain storm because their noses are turn up so far.
:spock:

Mr. Flopnuts
02-11-2010, 06:28 PM
What are you willing to put on the line for that?

That's a pretty tall order for me to gamble something tangible on. The risk vs. reward would have to be in my favor for me to even consider it. I gamble with my brain, not my heart.

Bugeater
02-11-2010, 06:31 PM
That's a pretty tall order for me to gamble something tangible on. The risk vs. reward would have to be in my favor for me to even consider it. I gamble with my brain, not my heart.
So you don't really believe that? :)

I'm toying with the idea of coming up for that game, I've always wanted to visit Husky Stadium.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-11-2010, 06:33 PM
So you don't really believe that? :)

I'm toying with the idea of coming up for that game, I've always wanted to visit Husky Stadium.

If you decide to, let me know. I'll go too if you want and we can get seats together. And yes, I do believe that. We can sit there in the stands late in the 4th and come up with cool ideas for Billays sig. :D

Mr. Flopnuts
02-11-2010, 06:34 PM
And Husky stadium is GREAT for football. The track going around the stadium is a little weird, but I swear to God, there's not a bad seat in the house. It goes straight up.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-11-2010, 06:35 PM
That would actually be pretty cool. I still plan on making it down for the bash and my first Chiefs game in Arrowhead this year and a week or two before or after would be that game. Unless of course they do it the week of that game.

The Franchise
02-11-2010, 06:37 PM
That would actually be pretty cool. I still plan on making it down for the bash and my first Chiefs game in Arrowhead this year and a week or two before or after would be that game. Unless of course they do it the week of that game.

Damn having babies!!! I was hoping to make it to Arrowhead in 2010....but it looks like it might not be until 2011.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-11-2010, 06:38 PM
Damn having babies!!! I was hoping to make it to Arrowhead in 2010....but it looks like it might not be until 2011.

Hey, if my situation doesn't change, it'll be 2011 for me too.

The Franchise
02-11-2010, 06:41 PM
Hey, if my situation doesn't change, it'll be 2011 for me too.

I think I'm going to try and start saving money now. We'll see how the wife takes it considering I'm going to be leaving her at home with 3 kids, 2 dogs and a guinea pig. LMAO

Bugeater
02-11-2010, 06:42 PM
If you decide to, let me know. I'll go too if you want and we can get seats together. And yes, I do believe that. We can sit there in the stands late in the 4th and come up with cool ideas for Billays sig. :D
Do you have any connections to get tix so I don't have to go through a broker? I don't know what kind of chance I have at getting any of NU's allotment since I'm not a STH holder anymore.

Titty Meat
02-11-2010, 06:59 PM
and we better all hope they go up like the Hindenburg

Oh no Nebraska being successful will give Laz another reason to bitch as if he needs any.

Titty Meat
02-11-2010, 07:00 PM

Lemme know i'll buy you a beer out of sympathy :)

Mr. Flopnuts
02-11-2010, 07:13 PM
Do you have any connections to get tix so I don't have to go through a broker? I don't know what kind of chance I have at getting any of NU's allotment since I'm not a STH holder anymore.

We'll get tickets, and they'll be face value or better. I have NEVER not been able to get tickets for any game at that stadium.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-11-2010, 07:14 PM
Lemme know i'll buy you a beer out of sympathy :)

Heh, we'll see. I think we could win that game honestly. Now, that's not saying we will but I expect Nebraska to be heavily favored. That's why I'm willing to cap the point spread at 14 if you want. It could be more than that. UW is incredibly underrated if they're defense improves at all.

Titty Meat
02-11-2010, 07:16 PM
Indeed seems like we have years before this game. Alot can happen between now in then so it's hard to say at this point.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-11-2010, 07:19 PM
Yeah, I'm already jonesing for some football. I need the basketball tournament and spring training to get started.

I'm expecting a good year from the Mariners this year.

The Huskies men will be playing California for the lead in the Pac-10 here in about 45 minutes on ESPN2. I'm fucking STOKED for that game.

Titty Meat
02-11-2010, 07:21 PM
I always beat the Huskies in College Hoops2k8 with USC :)

Bugeater
02-11-2010, 07:27 PM
We'll get tickets, and they'll be face value or better. I have NEVER not been able to get tickets for any game at that stadium.
Heh, don't be too sure of it, NU fans will travel. I checked Stubhub just for shits and giggles and they have quite a few of the bleacher seats available starting at $75, I'd do that in a heartbeat. I'll have to wait and see how bad the tax man gets me and then I'll start pursuing this further. I have a place to stay so the only thing I have to worry about is getting there and getting a ticket.

DaKCMan AP
02-16-2010, 10:44 AM
Scout.com's Preseason top-15
http://cfn.scout.com/2/945236.html

15. USC
2009 Final CFN Ranking: 16
What now? This is uncharted territory for Lane Kiffin and the program. Having been humbled by the league for a change, USC will spend the next few months trying to pull itself back up to national contention. Continuity at quarterback will help and raw talent on both sides of the ball isn’t an issue, but the Trojans need to locate the swagger that was missing in 2009. Of all the units, the secondary will be hardest hit by graduation, losing Taylor Mays, Kevin Thomas, Josh Pinkard, and Will Harris.

14. North Carolina
2009 Final CFN Ranking: 31
Now that Butch Davis has built a foundation in Chapel Hill, he’s looking to get the Heels over the hump and into the ACC title game with a team loaded with NFL players … at least on one side of the ball. The defense should be tremendous starting with DE Robert Quinn and DT Marvin Austin, along with linebackers Bruce Carter and Quan Sturdivant. The offense will be a work-in-progress until someone can step up and solidify the quarterback play. With the top four producers back, at least the young receivers figure to be much-improved.

13. Penn State
2009 Final CFN Ranking: 15
It’s Penn State, so the team is going to be good, it’ll go to a great bowl game, and it’ll be in the hunt for the Big Ten title, but it’s more of a Big Ten X factor than a sure thing contender going into 2010. Ohio State is loaded, Iowa should be even better, and Wisconsin should be terrific. Penn State has to replace Clark and has to hope for Kevin Newsome or Matt McGloin to be good enough to keep the passing game going while RB Evan Royster gets a heavier workload. There’s work to do to replace several key players on defense like DT Jared Odrick and linebackers Sean Lee, Navorro Bowman, and Josh Hull, but there are several decent prospects on the way ready to step up. This will be a good team that no one will put at the top of the Big Ten preseason pecking order, but it could surprise and be great with a little luck.

12. Iowa
2009 Final CFN Ranking: 8
Preseason top ten … maybe? Only four starters are back on offense, but the backfield is intact and Iowa is always great at filling in the holes with no-name players who come from out of nowhere to produce. The defense returns loaded, PK Daniel Murray and P Ryan Donohue could form one of the nation’s best kicking tandems, and the schedule isn’t all that bad with just two road games in the first eight. The toughest games, Penn State, Wisconsin, and Ohio State, are at home.

11. Oregon
2009 Final CFN Ranking: 10
Oregon won a Pac-10 championship with a team that had very few senior starters, so a repeat is more than just an attainable goal; it’s expected. With Jeremiah Masoli and LaMichael James returning to the backfield and the entire offensive line intact, Chip Kelly’s offense could be even more prolific in 2010. The defense can use a complement to Kenny Rowe at defensive end and the offense is always looking for more consistency from the receivers, but otherwise, this program is poised for a third straight 10-win season.

10. LSU
2009 Final CFN Ranking: 27
Last year was a strong year even if it wasn’t the special one that LSU has been accustomed to. This season should be when the Tigers get back into the national title hunt with eight starters back on offense and the phenomenal recruiting classes of the last few years about to kick in. The defense suffers a big blow up front with the loss of three good starters, but LSU is a factory for coming up with talented linemen. The linebacking corps has the potential to be special with a little bit of time, while the secondary, led by corner Patrick Peterson, will be a rock. No one’s touching this team until the trip to Florida on October 9th, and the Alabama game is in Baton Rouge.

9. Wisconsin
2009 Final CFN Ranking: 19
Look out. There are a few key replacements to make but the Badgers should be considered among the favorites to win the Big Ten title. Last year’s team was good and young, but the 2010 squad should be good and experienced. Now the key will be to see if Bret Bielema’s club can play up to expectations. For all the good things that happened in 2010, the bowl win over Miami was the only victory of note and the Badgers failed in their three big regular season tests against Ohio State, Iowa, and Northwestern. They’ll be in just about everyone’s preseason top 15, and they’ll have to play like it from the start.

8. Boise State
2009 Final CFN Ranking: 3
The preseason hype will be off the charts. This will be the hot team this offseason after yet another big season and with so much talent returning, but will it be enough to finally be in the national title discussion? If the Broncos can beat Virginia Tech in Landover, Maryland in the season opener and if they can get by Oregon State at home, then yes. At this point with so many great seasons in a row, there should be a groundswell of support to see what the team can do when finally given a shot at the whole ball of wax … if it beats the Hokies.

7. Virginia Tech
2009 Final CFN Ranking: 9
Virginia Tech figures to be where it is each season, near the front of the pack in the hunt for an ACC crown. As the Coastal Division gets tighter, with the likes of Miami, Georgia Tech, and North Carolina, there’ll be minimal margin for error. QB Tyrod Taylor has another season of eligibility left, meaning the backfield will be loaded with terrific athletes. While the defense has vacancies that need to be filled, that never seems to be too big of a problem for ace coordinator Bud Foster.

6. Oklahoma
2009 Final CFN Ranking: 35
Reports of the program’s demise might be premature. Boosted by one of the best recruiting classes in the nation, the talent level is still high and now the team is a bit more experienced with eight starters returning on offense led by QB Landry Jones, whose time spent throughout last year was the one positive from the Sam Bradford injury, and RB DeMarco Murray who only seems like he’s been in Norman so long that he once shared a backfield with Billy Sims. The defense loses all-everything DT Gerald McCoy, but it gets back seven starters including LB Travis Lewis and pass rushing star Jeremy Beal. The schedule is interesting with Florida State, at Cincinnati, at Missouri, and at Texas A&M to deal with.

5. Nebraska
2009 Final CFN Ranking: 17
If you’re looking for your sleeper, or at least a team that might just outside of everyone’s preseason top five who might end up in Glendale, this could be it. Ten starters are back on offense and there’s good, developed depth to rely on, and while the defense loses Ndamukong Suh and Barry Turner off the line and SS Larry Asante from the secondary, Bo Pelini’s defense isn’t going to take a major step back with Jared Crick and Pierre Allen the stars up front. Schedule-wise, the early date at Washington will be a test, but it’s winnable for a team dreaming of a national title. Road games at Oklahoma State and Texas A&M are dangerous, but Texas and Missouri have to come to Lincoln.

4. ohio state
2009 Final CFN Ranking: 7
The Buckeyes are the far-and-away favorites to the win the 2010 Big Ten title and will be in the mix for the national title from the start. Miami is coming to Columbus, but there isn’t any USC to deal with this year. There are only two dangerous road games, Wisconsin and Iowa, but if the team really is national title-good, it needs to win those. The offense is loaded with experience and the defense should be solid once again as the tremendous recruiting classes of the last few years restock the shelves.

3. Texas
2009 Final CFN Ranking: 4
Texas might be considered one of the favorites for the national title if there weren’t a few question marks about QB Garrett Gilbert’s consistency as the full-time starter. Throw in some nasty road games against Nebraska and Texas Tech to go along with dates against Oklahoma, UCLA, and Texas A&M, and the Horns will have to earn what they get. However, the overall schedule isn’t all that awful for a team this good and there’s no reason to not be in Glendale in early January either as the Big 12 champion or as the Big 12 champion playing for the whole ball of wax. The defensive back seven will be a rock and the losses up front, including Sergio Kindle and Lamarr Houston, can be replaced by more NFL-caliber talent. The offensive line needs to be better and there has to be a running game, but this could still be a team that simply outtalents its way to a championship.

2. Florida
2009 Final CFN Ranking: 2
If you’re ever going to get to Florida, this is it with the phenomenal recruiting classes waiting in the wings. In a year of transition (or Year One A.T.T. … figure it out), QB John Brantley has to live up to all the prep hype and be the NFL prospect that many consider him to be. However, he can be mediocre and the Gators will still likely win the East with a defense that remains loaded despite the loss of future NFL stars like Brandon Spikes and Joe Haden. The offense will have to use the offensive line to pave the way for more of a running game from the backs. The depth chart is laughably amazing with too much talent for one ball now that super-recruit Mack Brown is in the mix with Jeff Demps, Chris Rainey, and Emmanuel Moody. With Tennessee in even more of an iffy phase and Georgia trying to figure out what it is, this might be a three game season going to Alabama and hosting LSU in back-to-back weeks and dealing with an improved Florida State in the regular-season finale.

1. Alabama
2009 Final CFN Ranking: 1
Because it’s Alabama and because the coaching is so great and because the talent level is so ridiculously high after a few years of top-shelf recruiting, this might be everyone’s preseason No. 1 team. However, there are concerns for a team that caught a few big breaks in a down year in the SEC (not to mention Colt McCoy’s shoulder injury in the national title game) and needed a few skin-of-the-teeth wins to get through unscathed. The defense has some major work to do with six of the defensive front seven gone including LB Rolando McClain and NG Terrence Cody. Corner and punt return star Javier Arenas and FS Justin Woodall are also gone. But don’t weep any tears for a defense that has plenty of NFL prospects waiting in the wings. Oh yeah … the offense. The backfield is jaw-dropping with a Heisman-winner (Mark Ingram) along a guy (Trent Richardson) who might be a starter in the NFL right now. Throw in top-five pro prospect WR Julio Jones and three starters on the O line, and the offense will be tremendous. The schedule has plenty of landmines with Penn State, at Arkansas, Florida, at South Carolina, Ole Miss, at Tennessee, at Tennessee, and Auburn to deal with.

Saulbadguy
02-16-2010, 10:47 AM
Can't wait for spring ball.

Tango&Cash
02-16-2010, 11:31 AM
Anyone else glad Tebow doesn't play college ball anymore?

ChiefGator
02-16-2010, 11:33 AM
2. Florida
2009 Final CFN Ranking: 2
If you’re ever going to get to Florida, this is it with the phenomenal recruiting classes waiting in the wings. In a year of transition (or Year One A.T.T. … figure it out), QB John Brantley has to live up to all the prep hype and be the NFL prospect that many consider him to be. However, he can be mediocre and the Gators will still likely win the East with a defense that remains loaded despite the loss of future NFL stars like Brandon Spikes and Joe Haden. The offense will have to use the offensive line to pave the way for more of a running game from the backs. The depth chart is laughably amazing with too much talent for one ball now that super-recruit Mack Brown is in the mix with Jeff Demps, Chris Rainey, and Emmanuel Moody. With Tennessee in even more of an iffy phase and Georgia trying to figure out what it is, this might be a three game season going to Alabama and hosting LSU in back-to-back weeks and dealing with an improved Florida State in the regular-season finale.

Sweeeeet.. this year is going to be interesting. I think I might actually go to the Orange and Blue game this year to see Brantley and the receivers.

ChiefGator
02-16-2010, 11:34 AM
Anyone else glad Tebow doesn't play college ball anymore?

I am... god awfully tired of seeing Tebow up the middle. It worked sometimes, but sometimes the coaches just called the hell out of it, even when everyone knew it was coming. Considering he could scramble pretty well, I' preferred to see him go back, survey the field, and then make his decision.

DaKCMan AP
02-16-2010, 11:41 AM
Sweeeeet.. this year is going to be interesting. I think I might actually go to the Orange and Blue game this year to see Brantley and the receivers.

I'm going to be elsewhere April 10th, so can't make the O&B game. Went to Tennessee, FSU and Fla/Ga last year. Now that I'm a (part-time) student again, I'll have student tickets for the next 2 years. :D

ChiefGator
02-16-2010, 12:40 PM
I'm going to be elsewhere April 10th, so can't make the O&B game. Went to Tennessee, FSU and Fla/Ga last year. Now that I'm a (part-time) student again, I'll have student tickets for the next 2 years. :D

Oh, you are lucky.. those tickets are sick cheap. I better make sure my girlfriend puts in for her tickets, if we didn't miss the lottery already.

Titty Meat
02-16-2010, 01:08 PM
Wtf even scout has Nebraska ranked at 5? Why didn't those assholes give them a better recruiting grade?

Garcia Bronco
02-16-2010, 01:17 PM
Nebraskas defense has more talent then it did last year and you got to remember they played the whole year with a shitty offense. No way the offense is that bad this year.

They let that Hokie QB stand back there for 9 seconds. I would hope they would get better on defense. :P

DaKCMan AP
02-16-2010, 01:22 PM
Oh, you are lucky.. those tickets are sick cheap. I better make sure my girlfriend puts in for her tickets, if we didn't miss the lottery already.

The lottery usually isn't until April. My gf had tickets last year, but she finished her part-time MBA just as I'm getting started so now I'm the one who has to provide tickets.

Titty Meat
02-16-2010, 01:26 PM
They let that Hokie QB stand back there for 9 seconds. I would hope they would get better on defense. :P

Ugh don't remind me.