PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink We're going to Wichita

Dunit35
02-11-2010, 09:25 PM
I'm taking my girlfriend to Wichita tomorrow for a Valentines Day dinner. She wants to eat at Kobe Steakhouse. I've never been there and it's high-priced? What say you? Worth it?

We are also stopping at Rob's World of Beers with 1,400+ beers. I am pumped about this, give me a massive list 20-30 different tasty beverages to get. I love wheat beer and not a fan of IPA's. Anybody been there?

Demonpenz
02-11-2010, 09:32 PM
far from this opera for ever more

Gracie Dean
02-11-2010, 09:35 PM
Kobe is good!

KcMizzou
02-11-2010, 09:35 PM
far from this opera for ever morelol... I was thinking the same thing.

Dunit35
02-11-2010, 09:38 PM

Ha, I was thinking the same thing but couldn't think of the lyrics.

ChiefaRoo
02-11-2010, 09:39 PM
"Wichita??!?!" "Some guy once teabagged me in the parking lot of Kobe's steakhouse"
"I won't go back" - Skip Towne

Mastashake
02-11-2010, 09:40 PM

lol... I was thinking the same thing.

:-)

"I'm gonna work the straw. Make the sweat drip out of every pore."

Phobia
02-11-2010, 10:01 PM
It's not worth working an entire week to feed you and your gf one meal. You can buy your own Kobe beef and throw it on your own grill for about 20% of the cost. Won't be nearly as romantic and you'll have to clean up your own mess but you can pay for it in a day.

HotRoute
02-11-2010, 10:02 PM
I use to live two blocks from robs world of beers. you will be like a kid in a candy store its awesome. any beer from anywhere, hope your thirsty!!

Dunit35
02-11-2010, 10:06 PM
It's not worth working an entire week to feed you and your gf one meal. You can buy your own Kobe beef and throw it on your own grill for about 20% of the cost. Won't be nearly as romantic and you'll have to clean up your own mess but you can pay for it in a day.

That's the answer I'm looking for. I'm not interested in dropping 50+ on one meal, even if it is valentines day.

stlchiefs
02-11-2010, 10:10 PM
It's cool, but not sure it's worth a trip to ta-town. I read an article last week that they are shutting down the east side location here soon, so be sure to check on that. The place has been there a while and the owners even admitted it was getting a bit outdated. If you do go it is a cool place though, don't mean to be a big downer about it. Be sure to practice catching some food in your mouth first, just to be sure you keep your shirt clean at the restaurant!

DumbHillbillies
02-11-2010, 10:12 PM
Well, I do declare that's some fancy dining.

HotRoute
02-11-2010, 10:14 PM
Kobe's is expensive as hell. its like 30+ each dinner, not to mention drinks, tip & tax. your looking at about 70+, easy. but it is a cool experience

shitgoose
02-11-2010, 10:36 PM
Sumo's is better IMO

Saulbadguy
02-11-2010, 10:48 PM
I'd rather have Nu-Way.

HotRoute
02-11-2010, 10:51 PM
Nu-Way is sick, crumbly is better? ya right crumbly is like three days old and nasty as F*ck. Might as well eat at gross ass Bionic Burger

pr_capone
02-11-2010, 10:53 PM
Sumo's is better IMO

Sumo is much better. My favorite by far though is Sal's.

http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=wichita+japanese+restaurant&fb=1&gl=us&hq=japanese+restaurant&hnear=wichita&view=text&ei=kN50S7vfHojinAfcr-3LCQ&sa=X&oi=local_group&ct=more-results&resnum=1&ved=0CCEQtwMwAA

pr_capone
02-11-2010, 10:54 PM
Nu-Way is sick, crumbly is better? ya right crumbly is like three days old and nasty as F*ck. Might as well eat at gross ass Bionic Burger

Don't you talk shit on Bionic Burger. That is my favorite burger joint. They make everything fresh right there and as far as I know, have never had any health code violations. :D

HotRoute
02-11-2010, 11:03 PM
Don't you talk shit on Bionic Burger. That is my favorite burger joint. They make everything fresh right there and as far as I know, have never had any health code violations. :D

No way, that place is like 50 years old. there has to be at least a handful of health code violations in that place

shitgoose
02-11-2010, 11:07 PM
Instead of going to a Japanese Steakhouse you guys should just get piss drunk and go to Let's Be Frank at 3 am for hotdogs. If you still want to be classy for V-Day you could buy your special lady friend a Caviar Dog for $39.95.

All in all I prefer the Nacho Dog but the Breakfast Dog is also a fine choice.

I usually go to TJ's for a burger.

Abba-Dabba
02-12-2010, 12:46 AM
Nothing says romantic like sitting around a big hot plate with 6 other strangers.

Oooo, an onion volcano!

Oooo, please flip me another shrimp!

That's about it to a Japanese Steakhouse

Nothing against your, or her choice of dining, but for the price of a Japanese Steakhouse I'd pass for Valentines day. Unless you like being seated with people you don't know. If you are going to spend some money on dinner and going to be on the east side, I would suggest...

Chester's Chophouse(expensive pick),
http://www.chesterschophouse.com/index.php

Bonefish Grill or Carraba's(mid-range),
http://www.bonefishgrill.com/
http://www.carrabbas.com/

Cheddar's(Decently priced)
http://www.cheddars.com/

Abba-Dabba
02-12-2010, 12:53 AM
Sumo is much better. My favorite by far though is Sal's.

http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=wichita+japanese+restaurant&fb=1&gl=us&hq=japanese+restaurant&hnear=wichita&view=text&ei=kN50S7vfHojinAfcr-3LCQ&sa=X&oi=local_group&ct=more-results&resnum=1&ved=0CCEQtwMwAA

Sal's is the better choice.

Abba-Dabba
02-12-2010, 12:55 AM

Bionic Burger is great. Wish they had a east side location. Always have to take a road trip to Pawnee and Meridian if I want it.

arrowheadnation
02-12-2010, 12:55 AM
If you're showing off to somebody, go to Chester's Chophouse on the Waterfront. If you want a damn good meal at a descent price in a very nice setting, go to Cheddars.

Abba-Dabba
02-12-2010, 01:00 AM
That's the answer I'm looking for. I'm not interested in dropping 50+ on one meal, even if it is valentines day.

You're either looking at fast food, pizza, or Applebee's-Chili's type places. Good luck.

TrickyNicky
02-12-2010, 01:01 AM
Sal's is the better choice.

Yeah, Sal used to be head chef at Kobe's when I worked there as a busboy in 1998 while I was in high school. He opened it after Kobe's owner sold the place.

tyton75
02-12-2010, 06:15 AM
You guys are some cheap fuggers for Vday!

Braincase
02-12-2010, 06:55 AM
Kobe's was my wife and mine's first date. When I was down there we lived out off Maize Road, so we hit Osaka and Sumo (IIRC). I enjoy Japanese Steakhouses, but I've only sprung for the real Kobe beef once, and that was in Okinawa. It's a little pricey, but not the most expensive place you'll find. Fun as a group, maybe not the most romantic of destinations.

Gonzo
02-12-2010, 07:00 AM
Fuck I miss me some Spangles.
Posted via Mobile Device

Earthling
02-12-2010, 07:45 AM
No way, that place is like 50 years old. there has to be at least a handful of health code violations in that place

Older IS better :D

ArrowheadHawk
02-12-2010, 08:04 AM
**** I miss me some Spangles.
Posted via Mobile DeviceI don't understand this. These things are all over Topeka now. Why do they serve fries in a drink container? Plus the burgers just aren't that good. If I want a good cheap burger I'll go to Bobo's.

Saulbadguy
02-12-2010, 08:05 AM
I don't understand this. These things are all over Topeka now. Why do they serve fries in a drink container? Plus the burgers just aren't that good. If I want a good cheap burger I'll go to Bobo's.

Agreed that Spangles sucks but Bobo's is highly over-rated. People think it's great because it's been there 60 years or whatever.

Personally I think there are bars in Topeka with much better food than Bobo's.

Inspector
02-12-2010, 08:09 AM
Older IS better :D

Right!

Well....unless it's a baby boomer. Right?:rolleyes:

Rooster
02-12-2010, 08:30 AM
Sumo's is better IMO

This.. Go with Sumo. We have clients come in from all over and Sumo is the place they request the most. My 2 cents.

Rooster
02-12-2010, 08:31 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

I bet you don't miss the commercials. They are painful to watch.

shitgoose
02-12-2010, 09:31 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

fuck spangles

Demonpenz
02-12-2010, 09:52 AM
If you go to some place nice atleast enjoy it or learn about how to have manners at a high end place Nothing like going to a nice place and have someone bitch about the prices, or slurp their pasta. I am smart enough to stay away from places like that for good. I get too much food in my beard

vailpass
02-12-2010, 10:06 AM
YeeeHaaaa Y'all hittin' the big city? LMAO

RJ
02-12-2010, 10:10 AM
If you go to some place nice atleast enjoy it or learn about how to have manners at a high end place Nothing like going to a nice place and have someone bitch about the prices, or slurp their pasta. I am smart enough to stay away from places like that for good. I get too much food in my beard

I don't have a beard to catch stuff. My food lands on my shirt. BBQ and Mexican can be messy but the difference is that no one notices.

journeyscarab
02-12-2010, 10:54 AM
If you want Italian...DeFazios (25th & Amidon). Best Italian evuh. Even better than 98% of the places here in KC.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-12-2010, 10:58 AM
Kobe is good!

Well at least he won't be looking at rape charges this time.

Demonpenz
02-12-2010, 12:12 PM
Well at least he won't be looking at rape charges this time.

(price is right loser.mp3)