PDA

View Full Version : Life I Need Some Good JuJu Here Guys...

Gonzo
02-12-2010, 11:31 AM
Well, Shit...

It's been a rough few months for the Gonzo clan and I could use some good Mojo...

I found out a few days ago that my mother has a baseball sized growth on her right kidney.
The Doc said he's seen this before and it's likely not Cancer, (I don't know what the hell it would be, a cyst perhaps). Apparently, the treatment for this involves injecting a small radioactive rod into the growth and killing the infected tissue. Unfortunately, this will likely kill the kidney as well.
This usually wouldn't worry me much because my mother was always a very strong woman. However, since her retirement about 8 years ago her health has steadily gone down hill.
My mom's a great person, she worked as a CNA for over 30 years while moving every 1-3 years for my dad so he could further is millitary career.
Lifting Senior Citizens in and out of bathtubs and off of toilets for that long has taken it's toll on her.

They both retired at a fairly young age and have been able to enjoy it until recently.

At this point you pray for small victories.

All of this crap coupled with my job worries, worries for my son and all the other bullshit I deal with daily wears a guy out.

One thing I'll say is that Lumpy has been awesome with all of this. She's been a great help and very supportive. She absolutely loves my parents and is always there for them.

Another bright spot is that I'm being considered for a promotion.
Funny how things like this go, I'm either worried about getting canned or I'm excited for a new opportunity. WTF?

I was going to take an extended break from this place but I am in need of the stress relief that CP provides so I'll be in and out.
(gimme my $$$ back Sofaking)
I try not to share too many personal issues on here but with all of the support you guys have given me, it's only fair I keep you updated.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-12-2010, 11:33 AM
I almost started the prayer thread but I figured that enough people would know who it was for. I believe in the power of prayers, and good thoughts so I'm glad you did this.

You've got mine, but you already know that.

I am glad to hear that the work thing has already turned around.

RJ
02-12-2010, 11:35 AM
I am mustering up all the positive mojo I can and telepathically projecting it your your way.

Can you point me in the right direction for MVP city?

Gonzo
I almost started the prayer thread but I figured that enough people would know who it was for. I believe in the power of prayers, and good thoughts so I'm glad you did this.

You've got mine, but you already know that.

I appreciate you being there man.

It helps a lot.

Mr. Flopnuts
I am mustering up all the positive mojo I can and telepathically projecting it your your way.

NE

Buehler445
02-12-2010, 11:36 AM
Best of luck dude. You know where to find me if you need anything.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Flopnuts
I appreciate you being there man.

It helps a lot.

Listen, I don't like people thinking that I'm deceiving them. So just to be clear, I'm doing it for the sex.

Gonzo

Omaha...

It's easy to locate. Just look in the general vicinity. When you smell rotting corn and cow shit, you got it...

RJ
02-12-2010, 11:37 AM
NE

Done. Good mojo is now cresting the Sandia Mountains and soon will be crossing high desert country.

RJ
Omaha...

It's easy to locate. Just look in the general vicinity. When you smell rotting corn and cow shit, you got it...

Ahhhh.....home of the meat packers!

Gonzo
Listen, I don't like people thinking that I'm deceiving them. So just to be clear, I'm doing it for the sex.

ROFL

I ALMOST posted something regarding your facebook being conjoined with known homosexual activity but decided to take the high road.

You asshat.

Gonzo
02-12-2010, 11:38 AM
Ahhhh.....home of the meat packers!

I'm a mizzou fan stuck in cornholer city.

Mr. Flopnuts
ROFL

I ALMOST posted something regarding your facebook being conjoined with known homosexual activity but decided to take the high road.

You asshat.

LMAO Never do that again. If you don't take your opportunities, I will steal them from you. :D

Iowanian
Good things happen to Good people Gonzo.

Here is to a strong rally by the Gonzo family.

Gonzo
02-12-2010, 11:42 AM
LMAO Never do that again. If you don't take your opportunities, I will steal them from you. :D
Posted via Anal Stimulation Device

So I see....

(You put me up over the 1,000,000 mark on rep btw, I'm fairly certain 300,000 of those points came from you)

BigRedChief
02-12-2010, 11:44 AM
MVP's can't take breaks.:shake:

but, seriously, positive thoughts heading your way.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-12-2010, 11:44 AM
So I see....

(You put me up over the 1,000,000 mark on rep btw, I'm fairly certain 300,000 of those points came from you)

You're the only person on the front page in rep totals with under 10k posts, and no vagina. What does that tell you? It tells me that you have a soggy butthole.

:eek:

Mr. Flopnuts
02-12-2010, 11:51 AM
You're the only person on the front page in rep totals with under 10k posts, and no vagina. What does that tell you? It tells me that you have a soggy butthole.

:eek:

I apologize. I was just having an awkward moment to see how it felt.

Gonzo
02-12-2010, 11:58 AM
I apologize. I was just having an awkward moment to see how it felt.

ROFL

"Bob" Dobbs
02-12-2010, 11:59 AM
Thoughts and prayers from the House-O-Dobbs, Gonzo, Lumpy & kid! (and mom!)

kc rush
02-12-2010, 12:01 PM
Good luck to your mom and on your possible promotion.

Gonzo
02-12-2010, 12:04 PM
Best of luck dude. You know where to find me if you need anything.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dude...

Check your PM's.

Thx.

SDChiefs
02-12-2010, 12:18 PM
My prayers to the Gonzo family. With your mom, the fact that its not cancer is a good sign. I hope she pulls through it and is stronger because of it. The job situation I think a lot of people are going through that so you can take solace in the "misery loves company" aspect. Its shitty right now but I am sure you will pull through it and hopefully get the raise. Good luck to you bro.

Kyle DeLexus
02-12-2010, 12:36 PM
Gonzo, I wish you and yours all the best.

Gifts have been offered to Asclepius.

Gonzo
02-12-2010, 12:39 PM
Gonzo, I wish you and yours all the best.

Gifts have been offered to Asclepius.

Gotta love I.E. 8...

Left click, highlight Asclepius.
Right click, search with google.

Thanks man.

rockymtnchief
02-12-2010, 12:42 PM
Magic Montana Mojo being sent your way. Best wishes!

burt
02-12-2010, 12:49 PM
MO JO...JU JU....SENT!

Lono
02-12-2010, 12:54 PM
Good luck with the promotion Gonzo. Prayers your way for your moms.

Sofa King
02-12-2010, 01:06 PM
Well, Shit...

It's been a rough few months for the Gonzo clan and I could use some good Mojo...

I found out a few days ago that my mother has a baseball sized growth on her right kidney.
The Doc said he's seen this before and it's likely not Cancer, (I don't know what the hell it would be, a cyst perhaps). Apparently, the treatment for this involves injecting a small radioactive rod into the growth and killing the infected tissue. Unfortunately, this will likely kill the kidney as well.
This usually wouldn't worry me much because my mother was always a very strong woman. However, since her retirement about 8 years ago her health has steadily gone down hill.
My mom's a great person, she worked as a CNA for over 30 years while moving every 1-3 years for my dad so he could further is millitary career.
Lifting Senior Citizens in and out of bathtubs and off of toilets for that long has taken it's toll on her.

They both retired at a fairly young age and have been able to enjoy it until recently.

At this point you pray for small victories.

All of this crap coupled with my job worries, worries for my son and all the other bullshit I deal with daily wears a guy out.

One thing I'll say is that Lumpy has been awesome with all of this. She's been a great help and very supportive. She absolutely loves my parents and is always there for them.

Another bright spot is that I'm being considered for a promotion.
Funny how things like this go, I'm either worried about getting canned or I'm excited for a new opportunity. WTF?

I was going to take an extended break from this place but I am in need of the stress relief that CP provides so I'll be in and out.
(gimme my $$$ back Sofaking)
I try not to share too many personal issues on here but with all of the support you guys have given me, it's only fair I keep you updated.

what? i can't hear you?

i lost it all... all i have left is my own

Gonzo
02-12-2010, 01:08 PM
what? i can't hear you?

i lost it all... all i have left is my own

Posted Via Douchebag Device.

LMAO

It's all good...

bevischief
02-12-2010, 01:12 PM
Mojo/juju headed your way.

Good mojo/juju for the promotion and good mojo/juju for your mom and good mojo/juju for the rest of family.

Sofa King
02-12-2010, 01:15 PM
LMAO

It's all good...

i see what you did there.... did you get my transfers???

my bank is feeling light again...

Bearcat
02-12-2010, 01:23 PM
Good luck with everything, Gonzo. And when I say everything....

http://cdn.holytaco.com/www/sites/default/files/images/2009/12/lego_1.jpg

Rain Man
02-12-2010, 01:25 PM
Between all these challenges and being named MVP, it seems like kind of a wash for you so far this year. Good luck, though.

TrebMaxx
02-12-2010, 01:27 PM
I will reach back into my JuJu reserves and send your way Gonzo. Hope everything works out OK for you and your family.

Duck Dog
02-12-2010, 02:01 PM
As alway's positive thoughts are being sent your way. You are good peeps in my book and I'm a firm believer in Karma. Best of luck my camo wearing brother.
You can some of my MOJO, but wife has a firm grip on my JUJU's. Sorry.

Iowanian
02-12-2010, 02:08 PM
Gonzo,

I know I get where it seems like things are piling up, and it rarely fails that when I think I'm getting close to my breaking point....something good happens.

Lose a contract and wonder what I'm going to do...family health issues...yada yada yada....and then you'll catch a break...an unexpected contract that is better than what you lost, a promotion....and sometimes, even with the bad things like sickness, it gives you time to focus on what is important and let those people know you appreciate them.

hang in there, be a rock for your family....and come to CP and make up insults to call strangers to vent your frustrations. It works.

Fritz88
02-12-2010, 02:15 PM
You got my prayers Gonzo. You deserve good things happening to you.

Good luck and keep us updated.

Crush
02-12-2010, 03:04 PM
Prayers headed your way Gonzo.

Inspector
02-12-2010, 03:08 PM
Prayers are easy and very effective.

Watch.

See?

Best wishes for you and your family. All is going to turn out well.

Gonzo
02-12-2010, 03:10 PM
Thanks Guys...
This is why I just can't stay away from this place for very long.

I personally think that when spring gets here, everything will start falling into place.

I used to think that "Seasonal Effective Disorder" or whatever it's called was bullshit. Now? Not so much.

Duck Dog
02-12-2010, 10:29 PM
Thanks Guys...

I personally think that when spring gets here, everything will start falling into place.

I used to think that "Seasonal Effective Disorder" or whatever it's called was bullshit. Now? Not so much.

When spring gets here you can take out on a gobbler.

Over-Head
02-12-2010, 10:36 PM
Mo Jo MO Jo MO JO :thumb:

Buehler445
02-12-2010, 10:51 PM
Dude...

Check your PM's.

Thx.

It took awhile, but I got back to you. Sorry, I was kind of busy today.

Easy 6
02-12-2010, 10:56 PM
All my best juju to your mother & family Gonzo... stay positive man.

CosmicPal
02-12-2010, 11:05 PM
Gonzo...best of luck to you, man. I know this is cliche' but things do happen for a reason and things always turn around. It helps to have friends and family support you when things are at your worst and I hope the Planet can help you. I, for one, will pray for you.

luv
02-12-2010, 11:34 PM
Gonzo,

I know I get where it seems like things are piling up, and it rarely fails that when I think I'm getting close to my breaking point....something good happens.

Lose a contract and wonder what I'm going to do...family health issues...yada yada yada....and then you'll catch a break...an unexpected contract that is better than what you lost, a promotion....and sometimes, even with the bad things like sickness, it gives you time to focus on what is important and let those people know you appreciate them.

hang in there, be a rock for your family....and come to CP and make up insults to call strangers to vent your frustrations. It works.

You must have a LOT of frustration. :p

luv
02-12-2010, 11:40 PM
Thanks Guys...

People used to wonder why I shared so much stuff on here, especially when catching shit for sharing my stupidity. No one is harsher on me than I am. Sometimes, some things people say make you think. Other times, arguing helps you get frustrations out as well. Most important, there's always at least one person on here who seems to understand.

Hope all ens up well for you and yours.

Tribal Warfare
02-13-2010, 12:05 AM
http://thecitylovesyou.com/cinerex/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/super-heroe-poster.jpg

You called

Titty Meat
02-13-2010, 12:12 AM
It'll all work itself out Gonzo. Goodluck your way.

Tylerthigpen!1!
02-13-2010, 01:47 AM
Is it PKD (Polycystic Kidney Disease)?

milkman
02-13-2010, 08:16 AM
In with some ju ju coming your way.

Extra Point
02-13-2010, 08:32 AM
Pos mojo to you and yours, bro!

Braincase
02-13-2010, 08:37 AM
{Prayers}

Gonzo
02-13-2010, 02:33 PM
Thanks all. I'm in a pretty good mood today. Lumpy bought me the best valentines day gift evah!

She got me a brand new PSE Stinger bow, a dozen Easton carbon arrows, a new release, field tips, an arrow rest and a new Block target.
She shoots bows so she knew what the hell she was doing.
I just got done putting it together and it shoots twice as fast as my old bow.
Today is a good day.
Posted via deadly Device

Bwana
02-13-2010, 02:40 PM
Grrr, missed this one. Hang in there bud! Things Will get better.

Gonzo
02-13-2010, 02:41 PM
Grrr, missed this one. Hang in there bud! Things Will get better.

They're starting to already. Any day you get a new weapon is a good day man.
Posted via Mobile Device

Halfcan
02-13-2010, 03:14 PM
Best wishes to you and your family.

Gonzo
02-16-2010, 09:31 AM
Thanks for all the nice words gang...

I need a little more good Mojo.

Today is a big day. My mom goes in for her MRI to find out WTF the deal is.

Also,
I interview today for the promotion, I have been on needles for two days.
Reason being, The department I currently work in is folding in two weeks, (I was notified of this yesterday). Therefore, I either get a promotion or I'm out of a job.

Please send me the good Juju.
Thanks

stumppy
02-16-2010, 09:52 AM

Also,
Reason being, The department I currently work in is folding in two weeks, (I was notified of this yesterday). Therefore, I either get a promotion or I'm out of a job.

Thanks

Well settle down damnit. you don't want to go in there like you actually need the job. Make sure you leave them thinking they were fortunate you graced them with your prescence.

The Franchise
02-16-2010, 09:56 AM

Also,

Thanks

Good luck man....sorry I missed this the first time around.

Gonzo
02-16-2010, 09:56 AM
Well settle down damnit. you don't want to go in there like you actually need the job. Make sure you leave them thinking they were fortunate you graced them with your prescence.

ROFL

That's right. I'm the shit.

I'll be all like, "Hey, you need me."
They'd respond with, "Why?"
I'd reply, "Cause I'm the fukin man."

Hells ya. SUCK IT!

stumppy
02-16-2010, 09:59 AM
ROFL

Hells ya. SUCK IT!

Now git me some coffee biatch.

FYP

Gonzo
02-16-2010, 09:59 AM
FYP

LMAO

Gonzo
02-16-2010, 11:21 AM
They were supposed to call this a.m.

Why haven't they called?

SHIT!

I'm gonna puke.

Tylerthigpen!1!
02-16-2010, 01:07 PM
ROFL

Hells ya. SUCK IT!
<object width="512" height="296"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hulu.com/embed/zxrltbhe4AstPdpLNLwbcQ"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.hulu.com/embed/zxrltbhe4AstPdpLNLwbcQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" width="512" height="296"></embed></object>

Buehler445
02-16-2010, 01:28 PM

Why haven't they called?

SHIT!

I'm gonna puke.

If you're going to puke, brush your teeth before you head in to talk to them.

Seriously though, you're in my thoughts today. Did you follow-up with what we talked about?

Sofa King
02-16-2010, 01:34 PM

Why haven't they called?

SHIT!

I'm gonna puke.

if you're gonna spew, spew in this..

http://andykdocs.de/andykdocs/document/Nicht-Reiher-Garantie/Waynes-World-No-Honk-Guarantee-Garth-Image-04.png

Buehler445
02-16-2010, 01:47 PM
if you're gonna spew, spew in this..

http://andykdocs.de/andykdocs/document/Nicht-Reiher-Garantie/Waynes-World-No-Honk-Guarantee-Garth-Image-04.png

Rep. Mad rep.

Sofa King
02-16-2010, 01:48 PM
not very often i get to work a Wayne's World reference into conversations..

Gonzo
02-16-2010, 01:50 PM
If you're going to puke, brush your teeth before you head in to talk to them.

Seriously though, you're in my thoughts today. Did you follow-up with what we talked about?

Yeah,
It was a Security banking position in Lincoln.
Not my cup of tea.

And to top all this shit off, they just called me to reschedule.

Noon tomorrow. Phone interview.
Shit.

The Franchise
02-16-2010, 01:51 PM
Dude....I fucking hate phone interviews. It's hard to act like it's an interview when you're staring at a blank wall and you have a 3 year old knocking on the office door.

Gonzo
02-16-2010, 01:57 PM
Dude....I fucking hate phone interviews. It's hard to act like it's an interview when you're staring at a blank wall and you have a 3 year old knocking on the office door.

If by 3 year old, you mean my co-workers then yes.

Well... No use sitting here not doing anything. I'm going home.

Fuck It!

I'm out.

May as well use some of that vacation time they owe me.

Buehler445
02-16-2010, 01:59 PM
Yeah,
It was a Security banking position in Lincoln.
Not my cup of tea.

And to top all this shit off, they just called me to reschedule.

Noon tomorrow. Phone interview.
Shit.

Fock dude. Sorry it didn't work out.

Good luck on your phone interview.

Gonzo
02-16-2010, 02:12 PM
Fock dude. Sorry it didn't work out.

Good luck on your phone interview.

Thanks man.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-16-2010, 02:19 PM
The Mojo bag is out and ROR is dancing the "Rainmaker of Happy Good Fortune"-dance for you my brother.

Sofa King
02-16-2010, 02:25 PM
Thanks man.
Posted via Mobile Device

less than 15 minutes later, posting on your phone...

good luck tomorrow Gonzo...

Lumpy
02-17-2010, 10:39 AM
Here's a little something, something for yee. LMAO Good luck today, sweetie!

http://www.frogboy.freeuk.com/rabbi.jpg

Going back into my cave now...

DaFace
02-17-2010, 10:42 AM
The Mojo bag is out and ROR is dancing the "Rainmaker of Happy Good Fortune"-dance for you my brother.

Hey...I almost forgot about you. Have you figured it out yet?

Oh, and good luck Gonzo.

OnTheWarpath15
02-17-2010, 10:47 AM

Oh, and good luck Gonzo.

LMAO

Gonzo
02-17-2010, 10:54 AM

Oh, and good luck Gonzo.

ROFL

Thanks DaFace...

Bwana
02-17-2010, 10:56 AM
Best of luck dude!

Gonzo
02-17-2010, 10:58 AM
Best of luck dude!

Thanks man.

Interview in 1 hour.

Bwana
02-17-2010, 11:00 AM
Thanks man.

Interview in 1 hour.

Cool, knock it out of the park.

Gonzo
02-17-2010, 01:39 PM
Cool, knock it out of the park.

I nailed that sumbitch...

Jilly
02-17-2010, 01:47 PM
prayers for you, Gonzo and your mom

Gonzo
02-17-2010, 01:51 PM
prayers for you, Gonzo and your mom

Thanks...

She had the MRI yesterday. Still waiting on the "official" results but it looks good.

Otter
02-17-2010, 01:57 PM
Damn, I'll be sending over some good thoughts your way and the family's Gonzo. Hang in there and hope for the best.

DeezNutz
02-17-2010, 02:08 PM

Oh, and good luck Gonzo.

:facepalm:

LMAO.

kc rush
02-17-2010, 03:10 PM

She had the MRI yesterday. Still waiting on the "official" results but it looks good.

Good and good. Hope it all works out.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-17-2010, 03:25 PM

Oh, and good luck Gonzo.

LMAO You can't kill ROR, but you can cut out his tongue.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-17-2010, 03:26 PM

Fuck yeah! You always know when you brought your A game to an interview. You're in good shape dude. I'm glad to hear it.

Gonzo
02-17-2010, 03:29 PM
Fuck yeah! You always know when you brought your A game to an interview. You're in good shape dude. I'm glad to hear it.

Thanks bro.

I know that I can look at myself in the mirror and tell myself I did everything I could to succeed with this.
I won't know for sure until next week but I have inside sources that will get me some info tonight.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sofa King
02-17-2010, 03:48 PM
You'll be in my thoughts tonight Gonzo..

Which is either sincere and hopeful, or creepy...

or both...

nah it's hopeful...

or is it?

no it is... best of luck... seriously...

Gonzo
02-19-2010, 11:17 AM
Man... Shit rolls downhill I guess.

Lumpy and I had to make a decision today about my bird dog, Jessie.

She's fought the odds and came out ahead.
A little back story:

Before I was ever born, my father bought a Brittany Spaniel pup named Bonnie.
She taught him how to hunt and was a great dog, so great in fact that he wrote a book about her, (which Cabelas wanted to publish but the deal fell through).
I'll try to get an online copy of it one of these days for you all to read.
Anyway, this dog had a helluva pedegree and was such a good hunter that he decided to breed her. One thing led to another and 7 generations later, we still have the same bloodline.

I got Jessie 13 years ago. She was one of those pups that just had the right personality. Always happy, extremely smart and well behaved. When she was less than a year old, we could leave her in our apartment all day while at work and there would never be a problem. This dog was fast too. I would put 100 bucks on her in a 40 yard straight away against any dog. She could catch rabbits in the open field.
I took her hunting a bit in KS and she was a good quail dog. Never all that great with phesant but she was a helluva retriever.

A few year later, we're living here and found out that she had a heart murmur. The doc didn't give her a year, really. But he was wrong... Five years later, she's still with us.
Due to some experamental medications and a decent diet, Jessie beat the odds and lived a fairly happy life. Her hunting days were over but I didn't care. She's a member of our family and brought joy to our house.

This morning, I got up and she has lost control of some of her bodily functions.
The coughing from her murmur has taken it's toll on her and no amout of medication will help. Her heart is 10x larger then it should be and it puts strain on her windpipe.
I'll be leaving work early to give her a bath. I'll then feed her her favorite foods...

She likes pretty much everything but has a particular affinity for Twinkies and Braunschwager.

11:00 tomorrow morning will be the last time I see her.

They take the time you can spare, the food you can spare and the love you can spare. In return, they give you everything.

A quick note...

I know she's just a dog to some of you but keep your goddamned opinions and smart-assed remarks to yourself and stay out of my thread.

There's three things you dare not mess with in my life:
My Son
My Wife
My Dog

Options 2 and 3 can be switched, depending on what mood you catch me in.

ChiTown
02-19-2010, 12:51 PM

A little back story:

She taught him how to hunt and was a great dog, so great in fact that he wrote a book about her, (which Cabelas wanted to publish but the deal fell through).
Anyway, this dog had a helluva pedegree and was such a good hunter that he decided to breed her. One thing led to another and 7 generations later, we still have the same bloodline.

I got Jessie 13 years ago. She was one of those pups that just had the right personality. Always happy, extremely smart and well behaved. When she was less than a year old, we could leave her in our apartment all day while at work and there would never be a problem. This dog was fast too. I would put 100 bucks on her in a 40 yard straight away against any dog. She could catch rabbits in the open field.
I took her hunting a bit in KS and she was a good quail dog. Never all that great with phesant but she was a helluva retriever.

A few year later, we're living here and found out that she had a heart murmur. The doc didn't give her a year, really. But he was wrong... Five years later, she's still with us.
Due to some experamental medications and a decent diet, Jessie beat the odds and lived a fairly happy life. Her hunting days were over but I didn't care. She's a member of our family and brought joy to our house.

This morning, I got up and she has lost control of some of her bodily functions.
The coughing from her murmur has taken it's toll on her and no amout of medication will help. Her heart is 10x larger then it should be and it puts strain on her windpipe.
I'll be leaving work early to give her a bath. I'll then feed her her favorite foods...

She likes pretty much everything but has a particular affinity for Twinkies and Braunschwager.

A quick note...

I know she's just a dog to some of you but keep your goddamned opinions and smart-assed remarks to yourself and stay out of my thread.

My Son
My Wife
My Dog

Sorry to hear that. I've had to put down several dogs in my time. It's never easy. It's true though, dogs don't ask for much. What little you give to them in love and attention, they return to you 10-fold.

Best wishes.

The Franchise
02-19-2010, 12:58 PM
Sorry to hear that man. I had to put my dog down last year and it was tough as shit.

Buehler445
02-19-2010, 01:11 PM
Fuck dude. Killing dogs is just rough.

Give her an extra friendly pet.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-19-2010, 01:15 PM
I'm so sorry dude.

Sofa King
02-19-2010, 01:28 PM
Sorry to hear man...

TrebMaxx
02-19-2010, 01:36 PM
Sorry to hear. Had to do that with my lab that was the best dog we ever had. It sucks when you have to make an appointment too. Same thing happened with our lab, bad heart, started losing control of her functions. Called the vet and made the appointment. Man that sucked, every time we would look at her knowing what was going to happen the next morning. We knew the day was coming because at the previous vet visit he said there was nothing that could be done. She's in a better place and is no longer suffering is the way I look at it.

OnTheWarpath15
02-19-2010, 01:45 PM
Damn. Sorry to hear, Gonzo.

Jessie resembles one of my girls. Not looking forward to the day I'm in your shoes.

Best wishes, man.

http://i49.tinypic.com/2j2cluf.jpg

Bugeater
02-19-2010, 02:22 PM
Sorry to hear about the dog Gonzo, that's never an easy thing to do.

DeezNutz
02-19-2010, 02:40 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss.

Dogs are good people. Unfortunately, they're not here as long, so you treat 'em the best you can while you can, and you're doing the right thing.

Iowanian
02-19-2010, 03:19 PM
When it rains, it pours.

Sorry about your run of luck. Hang in there, it won't be long and you'll pass go, and collect $200.

Gonzo
02-19-2010, 03:25 PM
When it rains, it pours.

Sorry about your run of luck. Hang in there, it won't be long and you'll pass go, and collect $200.

Thanks man...

I just got home and gave her a bath. She decided that a couple hot dogs, some strawberry shortcake little debbie snacks, (i used to give her those after every hunt) and leftover chicken was a pretty good lunch.

Of course, I'm having second thoughts.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bowser
02-19-2010, 03:31 PM
Sorry to hear you're wading through tough times, Gonzo. Positive thoughts headed towards you and yours.

googlegoogle
02-19-2010, 03:35 PM
good luck to you.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-19-2010, 05:31 PM
Thanks man...

I just got home and gave her a bath. She decided that a couple hot dogs, some strawberry shortcake little debbie snacks, (i used to give her those after every hunt) and leftover chicken was a pretty good lunch.

Of course, I'm having second thoughts.
Posted via Mobile Device

Of course you are. Everyone does. Only you can really gauge her suffering and I'm sure you'll end up doing what's best for her.

bevischief
02-19-2010, 06:54 PM

A little back story:

A quick note...

My Son
My Wife
My Dog

I had to put my lab down a few years ago I gave him the good stuff, his favorite beef jerky (the smoked stuff) and beer, and I had share too. One of the hardest things I have ever done to take him in...

Sorry for loss.

Remember the good times.

Gonzo
02-20-2010, 01:04 PM
Just got home from putting her down. That was by far, the toughest thing I have ever done. She went peacefully though. She was a good dog. I'll miss her very much.
Posted via Mobile Device

ChiTown
02-20-2010, 01:09 PM
Just got home from putting her down. That was by far, the toughest thing I have ever done. She went peacefully though. She was a good dog. I'll miss her very much.
Posted via Mobile Device

Have a drink with your wife and reminisce about the good times. The next little while is going to suck, especially the next time you go hunting. Get a new pup, it will definitely help.

DeezNutz
02-20-2010, 01:09 PM
Hang in there, dude.

Gonzo
02-20-2010, 01:14 PM
Thanks guys. A new pup, (her niece) is a definite eventuallity. Probably later this year.
Posted via Mobile Device

"Bob" Dobbs
02-20-2010, 01:57 PM
Dude... I'm really, really sorry.

Delano
02-20-2010, 02:02 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

I still remember when I put my boxer down - he sat his bony little ass on my foot while the vet was setting up the instruments of death. In his last moments he insisted on resting his chin on my foot. He had to be close to me until the very end. Best dog ever. Aww shit there is some sawdust in my eye...
Posted via Mobile Device

bevischief
02-20-2010, 02:03 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Go have several drinks of choice to remember her...
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Flopnuts
02-20-2010, 02:05 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

If she could thank you, she would. You did her justice. She was good to you, and you were good to her. Be proud dude. I really don't look forward to that day................

Mr. Flopnuts
02-20-2010, 02:06 PM
I still remember when I put my boxer down - he sat his bony little ass on my foot while the vet was setting up the instruments of death. In his last moments he insisted on resting his chin on my foot. He had to be close to me until the very end. Best dog ever. Aww shit there is some sawdust in my eye...
Posted via Mobile Device

:( Mine's going to be the same way. She won't leave my side unless she has no choice. She's sitting on top of my feet as I type this and that damn sawdust is making it's way to Seattle.

TrebMaxx
02-20-2010, 02:13 PM
Definitely the worse part of being a pet owner. Like Mr. Flopnuts said, you did her right. Hang in there and enjoy your memories.

Delano
02-20-2010, 02:18 PM
:( Mine's going to be the same way. She won't leave my side unless she has no choice. She's sitting on top of my feet as I type this and that damn sawdust is making it's way to Seattle.

Scratch her chin for me. :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Gonzo
02-20-2010, 02:29 PM
If she could thank you, she would. You did her justice. She was good to you, and you were good to her. Be proud dude. I really don't look forward to that day................

You sonofabitch... I was over the waterworks until I read this. LMAO

What sucks is like I said, I've been around this same family of brittany's my entire life. Because we moved around so much when I was a kid, they were my only long-term friends growing up. It's tougher and tougher every time I go through this. It's worth it though.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Flopnuts
02-20-2010, 02:32 PM
Scratch her chin for me. :)
Posted via Mobile Device

I did. I put my computer down immediately after posting that. I don't dwell on that stuff very often, but it is what it is.

You sonofabitch... I was over the waterworks until I read this. LMAO

What sucks is like I said, I've been around this same family of brittany's my entire life. Because we moved around so much when I was a kid, they were my only long-term friends growing up. It's tougher and tougher every time I go through this. It's worth it though.
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm not trying to make you feel bad broham. I just want to reassure you that you did the right thing. I could only imagine how tough that is before, during, and after the fact.

Gonzo
02-20-2010, 02:38 PM
I did. I put my computer down immediately after posting that. I don't dwell on that stuff very often, but it is what it is.

I'm not trying to make you feel bad broham. I just want to reassure you that you did the right thing. I could only imagine how tough that is before, during, and after the fact.

Oh, you didn't buddy. It made me smile.
Even the vet, a guy i've trusted with my bird dogs for 10 years now, told me it was time.
We did everything we could for her and I know she appreciated it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Duck Dog
02-20-2010, 02:41 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

I know the feeling. I have put down two labs in the last 3 years. a 13 year old and 12 year old.

Gonzo
02-20-2010, 02:51 PM
I know the feeling. I have put down two labs in the last 3 years. a 13 year old and 12 year old.

Sorry to hear that duck.

Labs are sweet dogs.
Posted via Mobile Device

Duck Dog
02-20-2010, 03:32 PM
Sorry to hear that duck.

Labs are sweet dogs.
Posted via Mobile Device

My user name comes from one of them and I have contemplated changing it since he is no longer with me but I don't know how.

"Bob" Dobbs
02-20-2010, 03:37 PM
My user name comes from one of them and I have contemplated changing it since he is no longer with me but I don't know how.FYI, just shoot DaFace a PM with the requested new username.

Duck Dog
02-20-2010, 03:40 PM
FYI, just shoot DaFace a PM with the requested new username.

Thanks. I've been here since the beginning and I'm not sure how I didn't know that.

"Bob" Dobbs
02-20-2010, 03:43 PM
NP man.

Gonzo
02-20-2010, 03:44 PM
Man, I've dunno. Duck Dog is a a great username.
Posted via Mobile Device

DaFace
02-20-2010, 07:25 PM
Apologies to Gonzo for posting this in his thread, but it's the last place this topic game up. ROR's reply to my post earlier in the thread:

I figured it out on day one, and someone who shall remain nameless confirmed it. But guess what? I don't care, and someday people will look back at my ignored musings with much enjoyment. So until then; have your fun yet bite my balls! thx!

Heh...ROR...you're a good sport. You're officially off universal iggy.

Gonzo
02-20-2010, 08:37 PM
Apologies to Gonzo for posting this in his thread, but it's the last place this topic game up. ROR's reply to my post earlier in the thread:

LMAO

That's fine. How many posts did he have while on ignore?
Posted via Mobile Device

RJ
02-20-2010, 08:40 PM
My user name comes from one of them and I have contemplated changing it since he is no longer with me but I don't know how.

I think you should keep the name. It suits you.

Just my opinion, of course.

DaFace
02-20-2010, 08:51 PM
LMAO

That's fine. How many posts did he have while on ignore?
Posted via Mobile Device

I dunno. I think we got him on iggy as soon as he showed up under this name, so probably the number of posts he has minus 1-5 or so.

milkman
02-20-2010, 08:52 PM
Sorry to hear about your dog Gonzo.

Gonzo
02-20-2010, 09:15 PM
Sorry to hear about your dog Gonzo.

Thanks MM. Appreciate it man.
Posted via Mobile Device

Easy 6
02-20-2010, 11:43 PM
Now a beloved dog, life is really trying to do a song & dance on you lately Gonzo.

Hang in there, i'm sure you're the Rock for many people...

Gonzo
02-20-2010, 11:46 PM
Now a beloved dog, life is really trying to do a song & dance on you lately Gonzo.

Hang in there, i'm sure you're the Rock for many people...

No Joke man...

Like all things, we'll get through this.

A bright spot today was my Boy, I swear he does something new every day.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-21-2010, 07:18 PM

http://dovebridge.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/rocky-steps-1.jpg

WOOT!

"Bob" Dobbs
02-21-2010, 07:27 PM
Hey! look at that! Where ya been lately, ROR?

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-21-2010, 08:07 PM
Hey! look at that! Where ya been lately, ROR?

Touring the whorehouses and opium dens of Asia!:thumb:

Mr. Plow
02-21-2010, 09:58 PM
Jesus H. Christ....I feel like an asshole for missing this shit for 9 damn days. Check your PM's Gonzo.

Gonzo
02-21-2010, 10:59 PM
Jesus H. Christ....I feel like an asshole for missing this shit for 9 damn days. Check your PM's Gonzo.

No biggie man. Thanks for the kind words.
Posted via Mobile Device

Jilly
02-22-2010, 10:40 AM
No Joke man...

Like all things, we'll get through this.

A bright spot today was my Boy, I swear he does something new every day.

Amazing how those tiny creatures can light up a whole room. Just think, your boy will now get the opportunity you did of growing together with a dog and being pals like you were with yours.

Gonzo
02-22-2010, 02:33 PM
Some good news people!!

It looks like my mom has a grade 3 cyst, it's not cancerous. She may lose the kidney but the Doc is optimistic about her pulling through this in perfect health.

She'll be in the hospital a few days but they're in no hurry to do the procedure.

I'm relieved really, this is the start of our upswing. Things are definitely looking up.
I'll keep you all informed. I appreciate all the good mojo!

Jason
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Plow
02-22-2010, 02:35 PM
Great news man!

Jilly
02-22-2010, 02:42 PM
what, exactly, is mojo? I really thought that was coined by Austin Powers and meant something else. Whatever it is, I'm glad it's looking up for you, Gonzo.

Gonzo
02-22-2010, 02:44 PM
what, exactly, is mojo? I really thought that was coined by Austin Powers and meant something else. Whatever it is, I'm glad it's looking up for you, Gonzo.

It's the same thing as "Chi" (sp?) I think. A hippy term for happy thoughts.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Plow
02-22-2010, 02:46 PM

No no no....that was Mooooojo.

Sofa King
02-22-2010, 02:49 PM
Some good news people!!

It looks like my mom has a grade 3 cyst, it's not cancerous. She may lose the kidney but the Doc is optimistic about her pulling through this in perfect health.

She'll be in the hospital a few days but they're in no hurry to do the procedure.

I'm relieved really, this is the start of our upswing. Things are definitely looking up.

Jason
Posted via Mobile Device

:clap:

Mr. Flopnuts
02-22-2010, 03:09 PM
Some good news people!!

Jason
Posted via Mobile Device

Awesome! PBJ PBJ PBJ

kc rush
02-22-2010, 03:42 PM
Some good news people!!

Jason
Posted via Mobile Device

Excellent. Hopefully the job thing works out as well.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-22-2010, 05:16 PM
Some good news people!!

Jason
Posted via Mobile Device

WOOT! :clap:

"Bob" Dobbs
02-22-2010, 05:29 PM
Dude! Awesome news! :thumb:

Easy 6
02-22-2010, 10:00 PM
D - All of the above.

Buehler445
02-22-2010, 10:38 PM
Some good news people!!

Jason
Posted via Mobile Device

Great news. One hurdle down. Attack the others.

Mr. Plow
02-23-2010, 08:47 AM
Sounds like things started to pick up the moment I entered the thread - you can thank me later.

OnTheWarpath15
02-23-2010, 08:48 AM
Some good news people!!

Jason
Posted via Mobile Device

Excellent news.

Gonzo
02-25-2010, 11:11 AM
Update:

Getting laid off today. Getting a severence package though, (hopefully it's decent) and I have some things lined up. I'm going to take a little time off to spend some quality time with my family.
My mother's surgery is Tuesday night. She's losing the kidney, unfortunately. The docs are still optomistic. However, there's still a chance that it's cancerous after all.
They brought in a specialist yesterday to look at the MRI and he's saying that there's a 50-50 chance that it's cancer but he's 95% that it's contained to the right kidney only so she should be ok.

All of this coupled with my dog passing last weekend has got me a little uptight right now. I'm going to try and enjoy my time off next week and just try to relax.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-25-2010, 11:13 AM
Any word on that job you applied for?

If you work in the industry I think you work in, you're lucky to be getting a severance package. Combined with unemployment it should give you some time to fully evaluate your options and figure out what's next.

Good luck brah!

Sofa King
02-25-2010, 11:15 AM
Update:

Getting laid off today. Getting a severence package though, (hopefully it's decent) and I have some things lined up. I'm going to take a little time off to spend some quality time with my family.
My mother's surgery is Tuesday night. She's losing the kidney, unfortunately. The docs are still optomistic. However, there's still a chance that it's cancerous after all.
They brought in a specialist yesterday to look at the MRI and he's saying that there's a 50-50 chance that it's cancer but he's 95% that it's contained to the right kidney only so she should be ok.

All of this coupled with my dog passing last weekend has got me a little uptight right now. I'm going to try and enjoy my time off next week and just try to relax.

keep plugging away buddy.. things will look better soon.

Gonzo
02-25-2010, 11:20 AM
Any word on that job you applied for?

If you work in the industry I think you work in, you're lucky to be getting a severance package. Combined with unemployment it should give you some time to fully evaluate your options and figure out what's next.

Good luck brah!

Nothing yet. It's with my current company and the HR manager called me today. She told me that they're looking hard at options. One of my co-workers is going to put me in a position in a month, (I have to take a month off or my Severance is void) if I want it.

Rausch
Update:

In my prayers.

I don't know what it is but this last year has been fucking terrible for damned near everyone.

I have no solution or great advice other than to concentrate on telling the people you care about that you love them. Spend more time now doing things for them and with them.

Gonzo
keep plugging away buddy.. things will look better soon.

I'm just gonna keep on man...

I may even change professions.
I'm sure my company is going to make me sign a non-compete clause.

The Franchise
02-25-2010, 11:21 AM
Hopefully your severance package is decent and it allows you to take some much needed time off to spend with your family.

Good luck man.

Gonzo
02-25-2010, 11:22 AM
In my prayers.

I don't know what it is but this last year has been fucking terrible for damned near everyone.

I have no solution or great advice other than to concentrate on telling the people you care about that you love them. Spend more time now doing things for them and with them.

I plan on it brother.

It's time for me to do the family thing. I've been so pre-occupied with work that I haven't been giving my boy the time he deserves.

RJ
02-25-2010, 11:31 AM
Hey Gonzo, try to enjoy the month off. I know it sucks, but when the same thing happened to me last year I doscovered that my honey-do list filled up my time quite nicely. In fact, I could have used a little more time than what I ended up having.

Prayers and best wishes for your mom. Too much of this shit on CP here lately.

Rausch
02-25-2010, 11:34 AM
Hey Gonzo, try to enjoy the month off. I know it sucks, but when the same thing happened to me last year I doscovered that my honey-do list filled up my time quite nicely.

Now there's a positive.

The time you've lost on the job spend with the family. The kids and wife.

Preferably banging the Mrs. Gonzo silly during any free moment as that will lead to a decrease in the overall Gonzo stress.

JMHO...

Fish
02-25-2010, 11:40 AM
Good luck bud.

Gonzo
02-25-2010, 11:41 AM
Now there's a positive.

The time you've lost on the job spend with the family. The kids and wife.

Preferably banging the Mrs. Gonzo silly during any free moment as that will lead to a decrease in the overall Gonzo stress.

JMHO...

Agreed...

Lumpy
02-25-2010, 11:47 AM
Agreed...

Only if 'banging me silly' doesn't require either of us dressing up in clown suits. :thumb:

Thx for all the kind words and well wishes, guys. This has been a rough time for us, but we're staying optimistic.

Rausch
02-25-2010, 11:48 AM
Only if 'banging me silly' doesn't require either of us dressing up in clown suits. :thumb:

If it does......get an axe...

kc rush
02-25-2010, 12:13 PM
Hang in there. Enjoy the little break.

Gonzo
02-25-2010, 01:31 PM
Did you all know that you can negotiate severance packages with some companies?

I did...

:D
Giggity

Lumpy
02-25-2010, 01:35 PM
:clap:PBJ:toast::hump::hail::rockon:

Bugeater
02-25-2010, 01:57 PM
I'm just gonna keep on man...

I may even change professions.
I'm sure my company is going to make me sign a non-compete clause.
How the hell can they expect you to sign one when they fucking laid you off? What a shitty dick move that would be on their part.

Gonzo
02-25-2010, 02:03 PM
How the hell can they expect you to sign one when they ****ing laid you off? What a shitty dick move that would be on their part.

That's the way these companies work man...

I have so much classified information in my noggin that I could do a lot of damage to them if I wanted to.

That's not how I roll though. This company has always been VERY good to me. My best friends work for them and if I did something like that, it would hurt them as well.
I CAN go work for other similar companies, I just can't go after any current clients of this company.

I'm sure they will offer me something in the future too. It would be a shame for them to waste all of the training and knowledge I have amassed over the last 11 years.

bevischief
02-25-2010, 02:05 PM

I did...

Giggity

Nice hope it has lots of $$$$$$$$$ in it.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-25-2010, 02:25 PM
Nothing yet. It's with my current company and the HR manager called me today. She told me that they're looking hard at options. One of my co-workers is going to put me in a position in a month, (I have to take a month off or my Severance is void) if I want it.

Take the month off. You've earned it. Then you pretty much made some extra money and you still have a job. It sounds like things are going your way. I had a feeling they would. :thumb:

Gonzo
02-25-2010, 07:23 PM
Take the month off. You've earned it. Then you pretty much made some extra money and you still have a job. It sounds like things are going your way. I had a feeling they would. :thumb:

Well, I'm not ready to start notching wins yet. I have so many close friends and coworkers that I'm sure I'll be taken care of. My boss was genuinely saddened today when we talked so I know I can use a VP as a reference for a new position. Things will work out. It's just everything at once is freaking me out a little.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Flopnuts
02-25-2010, 07:25 PM
Well, I'm not ready to start notching wins yet. I have so many close friends and coworkers that I'm sure I'll be taken care of. My boss was genuinely saddened today when we talked so I know I can use a VP as a reference for a new position. Things will work out. It's just everything at once is freaking me out a little.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hit him up for a letter of recommendation. I'll bet you if he feels that way he'll accommodate you. They're great for the resume.

Gonzo
02-25-2010, 07:27 PM
Hit him up for a letter of recommendation. I'll bet you if he feels that way he'll accommodate you. They're great for the resume.

I think I will.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-25-2010, 11:16 PM
Best wishes to you and the family, bro.

Now go bang silly!

Duck Dog
02-26-2010, 08:16 AM

I did...

Giggity

Yes I do. And I did too. :) So did my wife. :clap:

Gonzo
03-01-2010, 12:30 AM
Well,
Tomorrow, (actually today) is the official 1st day of me being non-employed since 1998. I'm trying to actually enjoy the time off. Fixing stuff around the house, spending more time with my family, (especially my son) and just trying to get healthier. The uncertainty of not having a job weighs heavy on my mind. I know everything will work itself out sooner rather than later but I have control issues and want the issue resolved immediately.

My mother's surgury is Tusday at 14:30 and she's scared shitless. She tries to hide it, but I can tell.
We could use all of the good mojo ya'll can muster for a speedy recovery.
My father is nervous as hell too. (they have been married since 1967)He's been driving her nuts while she prepares for the procedure.

Anywho....

Thanks again for all the support guys.
Surprisingly enough, it does help both me and Lumpy.

:)
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-01-2010, 01:38 AM
http://www.luckymojo.com/mojobag.gif

It is done.:)

Hammock Parties
03-01-2010, 01:39 AM
I'm trying to actually enjoy the time off. Fixing stuff around the house, spending more time with my family, (especially my son) and just trying to get healthier.

http://i.imgur.com/WyEOb.jpg (https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1174)

Simply Red
03-01-2010, 07:21 AM
You should take the day off and pellet down Blue-Jays. ;)

Hang in there, my door is alrays open. .... Alrays.

Gonzo
03-01-2010, 07:34 AM
You should take the day off and pellet down Blue-Jays. ;)

Hang in there, my door is alrays open. .... Alrays.

thanks man....

Raff out Roud
Posted via Mobile Device

bevischief
03-01-2010, 08:28 AM
Hang in there something will pop up.

Gonzo
03-01-2010, 08:45 AM
Hang in there something will pop up.

Yeah, I know....

Here's the weird thing.

I was let go because they did a divisional realignment. So, they're going to have a guy from Missouri run my stuff as well as his. However, they paid me through August. PLUS they're paying for my health insurance through April. So, lets recap: They're paying me anyway, but to sit on my ass instead of utilizing me to streamline and run the business.

They also have a position open that I have a shit load of experience and training in. But they drag their feet so much to make a decision that instead of placing me in said position, they gave me a huge payday and sent me home.

Basically, they're waisting about $75,000-$100,000 when you include the amount of training and travel I've done over the last year.

Now I'm an UFA and can take all the information locked in my head plus all the training straight to a competitor and use it against them, (if I want).
I signed a non-compete agreement but there are ways around that.

Here's what will likely happen, my company will probably call me before april and assign me. However, it would be working for a different department and they would be unable to reclaim my severance package.

It's almost like dealing with the government for fuck sake...
Posted via Mobile Device

Gonzo
03-02-2010, 10:00 PM
Update on my Mom:

Mom had her surgury today...

The doc said it's likely cancer from the looks of the tumor. However, it looks as though the cancer was completely contained around the kidney. She did lose the kidney but the other one seems to be in perfect health.

After the surgury, they wheeled her up to her room. She was still quite groggy but awake. I have never seen anyone in so much pain in my life. Not even when Lumpy had three days of back labor.
Mom was clicking the morphine button like mad but it wasn't enough. The doc may give her an epideral, (sp?) if the morphine doesn't cut it.
I have been through some painful situations in my life. Broken and dislocated knee, broken ribs, broken hand and a few concussions but I never want to go through anything like that.
I'm just praying that all the cancer was contained so she won't have to go through anything like this again. The doc is optomistic that they got it all. We'll find out by Thursday.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Flopnuts
03-02-2010, 10:02 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that bud. Prayers for a speedy, healthy recovery.

As far as your non compete goes, it won't stand at all. You have to be able to make an income. Don't even worry about that, it's all for show.

Gonzo
03-02-2010, 10:13 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that bud. Prayers for a speedy, healthy recovery.

As far as your non compete goes, it won't stand at all. You have to be able to make an income. Don't even worry about that, it's all for show.

That's kinda what I figure as well...

The agreement actually states that "I" won't attempt to contact any company client within 1 year of separation.

So, ok... I won't.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-02-2010, 10:15 PM
That's kinda what I figure as well...

The agreement actually states that "I" won't attempt to contact any company client within 1 year of separation.

So, ok... I won't.

Oh, you're good. They just don't want you to contract yourself out to them. That's not to say that you couldn't encourage them to take their operations in house and hire you to run the whole thing. :)

Gonzo
03-02-2010, 10:18 PM
Oh, you're good. They just don't want you to contract yourself out to them. That's not to say that you couldn't encourage them to take their operations in house and hire you to run the whole thing. :)

They also don't want me to take my extensive knowledge about bill rates and security programs to a competitor.

Luckily for them, that paid me off well enough for me to not want to do that.

I have been an extremely loyal employee for over 11 years now, but that shit only goes so far...

Extra Point
03-02-2010, 10:21 PM
Good luck to your Mom and you all, Gonzo.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-02-2010, 10:21 PM
They also don't want me to take my extensive knowledge about bill rates and security programs to a competitor.

Luckily for them, that paid me off well enough for me to not want to do that.

I have been an extremely loyal employee for over 11 years now, but that shit only goes so far...

Yeah, I don't blame you. They were very good to you and I definitely don't want to encourage you to fuck them over. I mean they were very good to you.

At the same point, you have to be able to feed your family.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-03-2010, 03:36 PM
Best wishes and fast recovery to your Mom.

Gonzo
03-03-2010, 03:40 PM
Thanks man...

She seems a bit better today. She's more coherent and was actually able to walk a little.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-03-2010, 04:12 PM
Thanks man...

She seems a bit better today. She's more coherent and was actually able to walk a little.
Posted via Mobile Device

Good deal.

TrebMaxx
03-03-2010, 04:45 PM
Thanks man...

Posted via Mobile Device

Good news indeed! Praying for a complete recovery.

Gonzo
03-05-2010, 04:21 PM
Update:

Mom's doing better today. She's starting to get a little cabin fever. She gets to go home tomorrow, (we think).
It ended up being cancer. The doc is sure he got it all though.

I went on a job interview this morning and it went very well. It's for a property management company that owns properties in Nebraska, texas, minnesota, iowa and missouri.
They'll want me to run security for all their properties, this is riht up my alley too. The interview lasted nearly 1.5 hours and it was fairly obvious that I've forgotten more about security than they know. The gig will likely pay more then I was making.

I definitely brought my a-game today and I feel really good about it.
Thanks again for all the good juju guys.

On another note, my former company let me keep my cell phone number and I bought a new blackberry. I forgot how much I liked them but it's a big adjustment from windows mobile.
Sorry if it was sloppy, I'm still trying to figure this thing out.
Posted via Mobile Device

bevischief
03-05-2010, 04:33 PM
Update:

Mom's doing better today. She's starting to get a little cabin fever. She gets to go home tomorrow, (we think).
It ended up being cancer. The doc is sure he got it all though.

I went on a job interview this morning and it went very well. It's for a property management company that owns properties in Nebraska, texas, minnesota, iowa and missouri.
They'll want me to run security for all their properties, this is riht up my alley too. The interview lasted nearly 1.5 hours and it was fairly obvious that I've forgotten more about security than they know. The gig will likely pay more then I was making.

I definitely brought my a-game today and I feel really good about it.
Thanks again for all the good juju guys.

On another note, my former company let me keep my cell phone number and I bought a new blackberry. I forgot how much I liked them but it's a big adjustment from windows mobile.
Sorry if it was sloppy, I'm still trying to figure this thing out.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sounds like things are heading for the better. Good luck.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-06-2010, 06:19 PM
Update:

Posted via Mobile Device

Right on! :thumb: