PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Michael Phelps' Swim Coach Arrested for DWI in Columbia, MO

Tango&Cash
02-12-2010, 11:35 AM
What makes this story somewhat funny is where the coach went that night.

Phelps coach, Bob Bowman was dressed in drag and went to Club Soco (A local Columbia Gay bar), got drunk, then gets pulled over on the way back to his hotel room. Not posted in Columbia Tribune yet, just got a txt from my buddy who lives in Columbia. His brother is the cop who arrested him. I think Bowman was a coach of the US olympic team.

Phelps supposedly is supposed to be at MU this weekend for a Swim meet. However Phelps is stuck out East with all of the snow they've been getting there so now he may not compete, not sure. Looks like the coach though made the trip a little early to meet some of his "friends".

Brock
02-12-2010, 11:42 AM
Oh my goodness, how titillating!

gblowfish
02-12-2010, 11:44 AM
Faaaaaaabulous!

JD10367
02-12-2010, 11:46 AM
DWI is never funny. And the fact that he likes to dress in drag and go to gay bars is none of my business, nor is it of any consequence. Maybe if you're a homophobe, it's funny.

On the other hand, I wonder if he tried to get out of the ticket by offering to blow on "the other Breathalyzer". ROFL

Tango&Cash
02-12-2010, 11:52 AM
DWI is never funny. And the fact that he likes to dress in drag and go to gay bars is none of my business, nor is it of any consequence. Maybe if you're a homophobe, it's funny.

On the other hand, I wonder if he tried to get out of the ticket by offering to blow on "the other Breathalyzer". ROFL

You don't have to be a homophobe to think gays are funny.

Demonpenz
02-12-2010, 12:10 PM
I hope this guy gets his shit figured out and there are many many free classes and groups that can help you out to fix this guy being gay

Frazod
02-12-2010, 12:22 PM
I'll take Things I Wish I Hadn't Read for $1,000, Alex. :spock:

OnTheWarpath15
02-12-2010, 12:26 PM
I'll take Things I Wish I Hadn't Read for $1,000, Alex. :spock:

Followed up by Things That Should Be Linked To A Legitimate Source for $2000.

bowener
02-12-2010, 12:26 PM
Thursday nights are Drag nights at SoCo for anyone who is not from Columbia, so that supports your friends story.

And yes, I have been there once. Never again will I let my gf and her friends convince me that it is fun to go.

stevieray
02-12-2010, 12:28 PM
brokebackstroke mountain

MOhillbilly
02-12-2010, 12:28 PM
And yes, I have been there once. Never again will I let my gf and her friends convince me that it is fun to go.

mind + boggled = wut?

Tango&Cash
02-12-2010, 12:29 PM
Followed up by Things That Should Be Linked To A Legitimate Source for $2000.

Well the Columbia Tribune has a police blog, already checked it and they don't have it updated (since it happened this morning) til the following day.

I'll be sure to bump this thread as soon as I find the link....just for you.

Tango&Cash
brokebackstroke mountain

:LOL:

SAUTO
mind + boggled = wut?

LMAO as if he shouldnt have known what he was in for no matter what the GF said

Tango&Cash
02-12-2010, 12:30 PM
Thursday nights are Drag nights at SoCo for anyone who is not from Columbia, so that supports your friends story.

And yes, I have been there once. Never again will I let my bf and more boyfriends convince me that it is fun to go.

fyp LMAO j/k