PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs WTH? Another player thinks Todd Haley is a great coach & a great guy? Not an a-hole?

T-post Tom
02-14-2010, 01:36 PM
What's going on here?

Cowboys WR Miles Austin Appreciates Chiefs Coach Todd Haley
by Joel Thorman on Feb 14, 2010

It's fitting, for Austin, that the game was against his first position coach in the NFL, Todd Haley.

"Todd was on me, man," Austin told Bob Gretz of BobGretz.com during Super Bowl week. "He was on top of me everyday. I kinda picked things up late so he definitely was in my ear everyday throughout the season. But he's a great coach and he's doing great things. I feel like he's kinda turning the corner with Kansas City late so hopefully those guys can pick things up and get back to the stride they were at.

"So, he's a great coach and a great guy."

While Haley has a reputation as a hard-nosed coach, many of his former players have appreciated what he did for them. Larry Fitzgerald of the Arizona Cardinals is one that comes to mind.

"He does [know the receiver position]," Austin continued. "When I came in it was Terry Glenn, T.O., Pat Crayton, Sam Hurd so he definitely had a bunch of guys there. He knows what he's doing."

Smed1065
02-14-2010, 01:39 PM
How dare they............

Rausch
02-14-2010, 01:40 PM
Uh huh...

Reerun_KC
02-14-2010, 01:43 PM
This isnt going to be a fun thread to be associated with....

http://gryphonscry.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/shit-fan.jpg

milkman
02-14-2010, 01:45 PM
He's a good WR coach.
He might even have been a good OC.

But he has a lot to learn and improve on before he can beconsidered a good HC.

Deberg_1990
02-14-2010, 01:46 PM
Most importantly, what about Haleys golf game?

T-post Tom
02-14-2010, 01:48 PM
This isnt going to be a fun thread to be associated with....

http://gryphonscry.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/shit-fan.jpg

I'm afraid you're right about that. But just consider it a counterpoint to the whole "Brian Waters is a saint/Haley is the worst a-hole alive" school of thought perpetuated by one of our local media members. Best wishes and Happy V-Day to all!

-King-
02-14-2010, 01:53 PM
He's a good WR coach.

Yup. Hopefully with playcalling off his mind, he can learn how to be an effective HC and manage games better.

Rausch
02-14-2010, 02:12 PM
What's going on here?

So now 6 guys have come out saying they like Haley?

REALLY?

SIX?...

RealSNR
02-14-2010, 02:22 PM
Charlie Weis is an unbelievable offensive coordinator.

He's a shitty head coach.

They're two different things.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-14-2010, 02:36 PM
Still like Todd Haley. Still think he's going to do well for us. Flame away! :fire:

RustShack
02-14-2010, 02:38 PM
I think Haley is a far better HC than he is OC... he just has that mentality. Sure his first season wasn't great, but how could you expect anymore from him taking over such a bad team?

DeezNutz
02-14-2010, 02:40 PM
Still like Todd Haley. Still think he's going to do well for us. Flame away! :fire:

Still????

You mean after your shit grew back, right? Cause you were pumped at first. :D

T-post Tom
02-14-2010, 02:43 PM
So now 6 guys have come out saying they like Haley? REALLY? SIX?...

It's spreading like wild fire. :)

jAZ
02-14-2010, 02:44 PM

Make that two.

TRR
02-14-2010, 03:06 PM
He's a good WR coach.

I think if you asked Haley, he would tell you the same thing.

He definitely has the passion, drive, and mindset to get the job done. He just needs time and consistency in his role and with the roster.
Posted via Mobile Device

Fish
02-14-2010, 03:40 PM
Herm also had amazing support from the players he coached. Didn't mean shit in regards to his actual coaching ability. Keep that in mind...

B_Ambuehl
02-14-2010, 04:38 PM
Haley has grown on me a bit. when he was hired I thought his attitude would cause him trouble and it did. Running Chan Gailey out of town 2 weeks before the season was a disaster. At times he appears to want to be a robot to the the Parcells model without really understanding why you do certain things. All the situations with guys losing weight and regressing was a perfect example of that. But I think he's shown the ability to admit and learn from mistakes and I'm beginning to think he can get it done. His less than enthusiastic remarks regarding Cassell were a big positive in my eyes. In this day and age to win in the NFL you need an aggessive offensive minded coach and that's one thing he is. Sadly, he'll probably end up being a scapegoat for Pioi's incompetence.

Quesadilla Joe
02-14-2010, 04:42 PM
Charlie Weis is an unbelievable offensive coordinator.

He's a shitty head coach.

They're two different things.

That is a stretch.

kstater
02-14-2010, 04:43 PM
That is a stretch.

Anyone see the irony in this post?

TRR
02-14-2010, 04:44 PM
Make that two.

Three
Posted via Mobile Device

-King-
02-14-2010, 04:44 PM
That is a stretch.

If that's a stretch, then Adam Schefter broke the rubberband with that quote in your sig.

kcxiv
02-14-2010, 04:45 PM
Three
Posted via Mobile Device

Four. I liked some of the things he did. He's learning as a HC. Its been 40 years, i am sure we can wait another couple more.lol

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-14-2010, 05:06 PM
I think bringing in Weis and Crennel are going to pay HUGE dividends ! Pendergast was incompetent and having Weis there as a go between Haley and the players is Good.

-King-
02-14-2010, 05:12 PM
Four. I liked some of the things he did. He's learning as a HC. Its been 40 years, i am sure we can wait another couple more.lol

What I like most about Haley is that he admits when he's wrong and admits when he needs more help. He's not a douche(*Cough* JoshMcDaniels *Cough*) who thinks he can do it all.

penchief
02-14-2010, 06:22 PM
Herm also had amazing support from the players he coached. Didn't mean shit in regards to his actual coaching ability. Keep that in mind...

I think the difference being that all the ones that praise Haley talk about how he made them better. How he pushed them to be better. I take that as a good sign.

Sure, Herm was liked but in a different way. He was one of the boys. Losing was okay. Making stupid mistakes was okay. We'll get 'em next time.

I think it's rather encouraging when I hear guys like Fitzgerald and Austin praise Haley while hearing that guys like Owens didn't like him.

penchief
02-14-2010, 06:24 PM
What I like most about Haley is that he admits when he's wrong and admits when he needs more help. He's not a douche(*Cough* JoshMcDaniels *Cough*) who thinks he can do it all.

That can't be. Everything I've heard is that Haley's a total asshole who is too arrogant to admit a mistake.

|Zach|
02-14-2010, 06:56 PM
I think the difference being that all the ones that praise Haley talk about how he made them better. How he pushed them to be better. I take that as a good sign.

Sure, Herm was liked but in a different way. He was one of the boys. Losing was okay. Making stupid mistakes was okay. We'll get 'em next time.

I think it's rather encouraging when I hear guys like Fitzgerald and Austin praise Haley while hearing that guys like Owens didn't like him.

Owens didn't like him?

Have you heard Haleys side of it?

That is only a half truth and not to be trusted right?

Mr. Flopnuts
02-14-2010, 06:58 PM
Still????

You mean after your shit grew back, right? Cause you were pumped at first. :D

LOL, I don't deny that I was irate when he was first hired. But he grew on me quickly. I really don't expect any 4th and 8 attempts from his own 28 next year. Better that though, than laying down playing Marty ball late in the 4th quarter. I LOVE HIS BALLS!!!!!

Now, he just needs to show he has a brain.

The front office is going to have to show something though in order for any of it to matter. Oh yeah, I'm talkin' bout da quarterback.

DeezNutz
02-14-2010, 06:59 PM
Now, he just needs to show he has a brain.

The front office is going to have to show something though in order for any of it to matter. Oh yeah, I'm talkin' bout da quarterback.

http://serota.ru/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/snikers.jpg

Mr. Flopnuts
02-14-2010, 07:00 PM
LMAO LMAO LMAO

Mr. Flopnuts
02-14-2010, 07:00 PM
God damn that was quick.

chiefzilla1501
02-14-2010, 07:33 PM
I think bringing in Weis and Crennel are going to pay HUGE dividends ! Pendergast was incompetent and having Weis there as a go between Haley and the players is Good.

They're both major upgrades. That's for sure.

Crennel will be a major upgrade over Pendergast. I'm still torn as to whether his defense is a bit outdated, though. I hope not--I do think the Pats were a little more creative in the way they brought heat in the Crennel years. But there are a lot of camps that think that using your linemen as blocker-absorbers instead of threats to attack the quarterback is a little outdated.

We'll see. I'm hoping for the best.

Fish
02-14-2010, 07:36 PM

Losing was okay with Herm? Making mistakes was okay? That's rather preposterous....

LaChapelle
02-14-2010, 07:38 PM
As long as he doesn't rock a sweater vest anytime soon(Booring)
he's got my support

KcFanInGA
02-14-2010, 07:41 PM
Haley supporter right here. I like his passion. I'll give him another season before I hand down my judgement.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
02-14-2010, 08:00 PM
Put me in the Haley camp. I loved the way he worked the sideline at the Chiefs/Redskins game (I was sitting 14 rows back and could see the bench pretty damn clear.) He might chew some butt for a bone-headed play, but he was the first guy over when a player made a great play to congratulate them, esp. if they'd had words earlier.

Did he make rookie HC mistakes. Sure. But, mostly they were aggressive mistakes and I'd rather see that than Herm's "what's going on here" look we were treated too way too many times over his tenure.

Fish
02-14-2010, 08:11 PM
It's like this thread was created 1 year ago directly after the Haley hire...... the Denver win in the last week erased an entire season's worth of ineptitude in the minds of some....

DeezNutz
02-14-2010, 08:17 PM
It's like this thread was created 1 year ago directly after the Haley hire...... the Denver win in the last week erased an entire season's worth of ineptitude in the minds of some....

He has to be better than Herm. He has to be better than Herm. He has to be better than Herm. He has to be better than Herm. He has to be better than Herm. He has to be better than Herm. lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala

OnTheWarpath15
02-14-2010, 09:31 PM
He has to be better than Herm. He has to be better than Herm. He has to be better than Herm. He has to be better than Herm. He has to be better than Herm. He has to be better than Herm. lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala

Just like Pendergast had to be better than Gunther.

milkman
02-14-2010, 09:38 PM
Just like Pendergast had to be better than Gunther.

Haley did some pretty stupid things last year, some things you'd hope even a dumbass fanboy wouldn't consider doing.

We have to hope that he learns, but there's no gaurantee that he will.

Unfortunately, we just have to ride it out.

OnTheWarpath15
02-14-2010, 09:40 PM
Haley did some pretty stupid things last year, some things you'd hope even a dumbass fanboy wouldn't consider doing.

Goals for 2010:

4th and 6 from your own 31. And throw to a gunner or the up-man, and not the long snapper.

It's a process.

Reerun_KC
02-14-2010, 09:44 PM

You know what? I agree with you here.... A fucking drunk monkey on a 10 day bender, masturbating with a cheese grater is better...

Good Call.. Props!

Reerun_KC
02-14-2010, 09:46 PM

Wierd and Payton does an onside kick in the superbowl! Strange? You never know what that damn Parcells bunch is going to do..

I sure would hate to win a superbowl and kick an onside kick to open the second half with this fanbase...

Fuck the brutality outlash...

DeezNutz
02-14-2010, 09:46 PM
You know what? I agree with you here.... A ****ing drunk monkey on a 10 day bender, masturbating with a cheese grater is better...

Good Call.. Props!

Then maybe we should dump Haley and look for that monkey.

The latter sounds promising.

Reerun_KC
02-14-2010, 09:49 PM
Then maybe we should dump Haley and look for that monkey.

The latter sounds promising.

Oh yeah baby, the latter really took us places.... How could we be so lucky? ROFL WOW!

DeezNutz
02-14-2010, 09:50 PM
Oh yeah baby, the latter really took us places.... How could we be so lucky? ROFL WOW!

?

Um...

Put down the Beam and reread the post.

Reerun_KC
02-14-2010, 09:51 PM
?

Um...

Put down the Beam and reread the post.

Okay I will try, but cant guarantee I can comprehend anything at this point...

:D

DeezNutz
02-14-2010, 09:56 PM

LMAO. :toast:

milkman
02-14-2010, 09:58 PM
Wierd and Payton does an onside kick in the superbowl! Strange? You never know what that damn Parcells bunch is going to do..

I sure would hate to win a superbowl and kick an onside kick to open the second half with this fanbase...

**** the brutality outlash...

I'm not talking about the onsides kicks.

I actually like the cajones that takes.

I'm talking about some of the decisions he made in going for it on fourth downs.

He was inconsistent, and made the decision to go for it at bad times, even in games when he passed up more pratical times ot do it.

RippedmyFlesh
02-14-2010, 11:45 PM
I'm not talking about the onsides kicks.

I actually like the cajones that takes.

I'm talking about some of the decisions he made in going for it on fourth downs.

He was inconsistent, and made the decision to go for it at bad times, even in games when he passed up more pratical times ot do it.
Thats correct
My glimmer of hope is he can learn to pick his spots better.
Will he ? I don't know but it's do able.
A coach won't change his philosophy and i like hailey's aggressive style to try to compensate for lack of talent.
I have a feeling with a better team he plays a little closer to the vest. Not marty like but more conventional I guess.
I haven't given up on him but not betting the farm either.

The Bad Guy
02-14-2010, 11:50 PM
That is a stretch.

You want to annoint Josh McDaniels as the end-all and be-all of offensive coordinators. Remind me who helped develop Tom Brady, and who won 3 Super Bowls with 1/3rd of the offensive talent that McDaniels had in New England.

Weis is a great offensive coordinator. I know you like to throw around the word great for Kyle fucking Orton and all of your other scumbag Bronco players, but I can point to numerous things that say how good he is. While you are left with your dick in one hand, and looking up how many 90 QB rankings Orton had last year as your barometer for a quarterback.

You are such a fucking moron it pains me that you even watch the same NFL that I do. You deserve watching the CFL or old tapes of the USFL.

Fuck off.

RustShack
02-14-2010, 11:57 PM
Hopefully we just stick with Haley, Weis, and Crenel for awhile instead of constantly changing shit up so our players can never fully develop.

SenselessChiefsFan
02-15-2010, 07:19 AM
I am one of Haley's biggest critics. That said, I think that a HC is defined by his coordinators. Haley had the sense to go out and get two good coordinators. Guys who have large egos and tons of experience and guys that Haley will be forced to defer to at times. Good move? Maybe, maybe not. It may not all work in the end, but I appreciate his willingness to take the back seat.

Rookie HC, rookie HC mistakes. I hope that he turns the corner, because as a man, he seems to be a stand up guy. I still think that a more experienced coach would have gotten the Chiefs to a 6-10 record. But, I was willing to go young with players and stink... why not develop a coach too?

Time will tell. As far as Miles Austin.... guys tend to remember the good about past situations instead of the bad. I only remember the good times I had in the NAVY. Yet, I know that I hated it and wanted out ASAP.

mikey23545
02-15-2010, 10:22 AM

You can never comprehend anything, fuckstick.

LaChapelle
02-15-2010, 11:36 AM
He fired both his coordinators
after only 1 season
what an asshole

Jilly
02-15-2010, 12:13 PM
it's been one damn season