PDA

View Full Version : Life So I'm sitting her on the intraweb viewing CP

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-15-2010, 11:20 PM
It's 10:30 at night when all of the sudden someone is pounding on my door. I jack a round in my .45 and turn off all the lights. Because this shit ain't normal, especially the way they were pounding, not a regular knock at all. Ipeek out my office window and it's pitch black but I can see a handheld spotlight going on and off by my front porch. Damn my hearts poundin.

I step into my hallway and wait for the next move with the .45 ready to rock n roll as I'm expecting someone to come through the door. they pound again about 5 times real fast and really hard. I yell from the hallway 'Who is it". I hear someone say something kind of muffled and can't make it out. I've got the lights out in side so I ease to the front door , I flip on the porch light and peek through the shade.

Theres two policemen with their guns drawn and backed up to each side of my front door. I'm standing two feet away on the other side of the door with a 45 in my hand chambered with the safety off. I set my firearm down on the shelf beside me. Iopened the door slowly and one said we got a 911 hangup call from this residence , where's your firearm !

I nodded to the shelf. The officer said back away from the firearm now, I said no problem, be careful it's loaded. They said ,"we know" we heard you chamber a round. "Did someone here call 911"? I said no, my wife and little girl are asleep. Iasked what was the number, they said 0180 . That's not my number. They proceeded to unload my gun, left the 45 , the clip and the bullett I had in the chamber on the shelf and left.

I think I'm gonna have a beer now!

sportsman1
02-15-2010, 11:22 PM
Damn well all things considered.. sounds like a nice night!

Hammock Parties
02-15-2010, 11:31 PM
You missed an opportunity to make the news.

Rain Man
02-15-2010, 11:32 PM
Wow. Amazing story. Glad no one died.

Off topic, but if your hands are shaking from excitement, does your hog work go quicker?

chief52
02-15-2010, 11:36 PM
damn...that is a heart check for sure. I am sure the police were happy with the way you handle things. Could have been ugly!

Frazod
02-15-2010, 11:54 PM
Next time fire a couple of rounds through the door, to show them you mean business.

KcMizzou
02-16-2010, 12:01 AM
The closest call I ever had was the one time I got pulled over with one of my kid's cap guns in the car.

It was in the passenger floorboard. Just an old style cowboy cap gun... the kind that used the paper roll caps. It had the orange on the end of the barrel, but it was covered by a piece of paper.

Long story short... The cop asked, "Is that a gun?" I said, "Oh, no.." and reached for it... you know, to show him that it was just my kid's toy. I wasn't thinking.

He freaked right the hell out... scared the shit out of me.

In the end, I left with a stern warning and a seat belt ticket... but I think I damned near got shot that night.

BY1401
02-16-2010, 05:42 AM
Was the phone number they were looking for 14 years older than your number?

Tango&Cash
02-16-2010, 06:20 AM
You missed an opportunity to make the news.

ROFL

Earthling
02-16-2010, 07:06 AM
I wonder if that is procedure for them to unload someones gun, in their residence?

kepp
02-16-2010, 08:25 AM
Off topic, but if your hands are shaking from excitement, does your hog work go quicker?

ROFLROFL

Chief Henry
02-16-2010, 08:30 AM
That could have ended badly. You had good sense to put your gun down before opening the door.

tooge
02-16-2010, 08:36 AM
Next time fire a couple of rounds through the door, to show them you mean business.

Or better yet, the fridge door.

DMAC
02-16-2010, 08:51 AM
And in the time they wasted getting the wrong house, the real 911 hangup died.

Way to go Wiggum!

patteeu
02-16-2010, 08:56 AM

I bet your mayonaise and that jug of orange juice take you seriously after that business with the refrigerator.

Iowanian
02-16-2010, 08:58 AM
They didn't hear you chamber a round, they heard you fapping yourself to Marylin Chambers.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-16-2010, 09:05 AM
Would have been a good time to practice your Mozambique Drill while also retrieving your briefcase.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jmKR6evZRQQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jmKR6evZRQQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-16-2010, 10:12 AM
My internet went down right after i posted the thread. I called the phone company this morning and they said the call was from an added value line that I got when I received my telephone package. That line was never hooked up because it was not needed. They're sending a repairman out to see whats going on. The telephone lady did say that when the lithium batteries get weak in a landline mobile phone it can trigger a 911 call. I called the police dept. and told them, they said they were aware of this. I'm just glad it doesn't trigger a phone sex call at 14.99 a minute.

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-16-2010, 10:14 AM

You tryin to get rid of me or somethin ? ;)

Frazod
02-16-2010, 10:16 AM
You tryin to get rid of me or somethin ? ;)

Yeah, that would just break my heart.

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-16-2010, 10:17 AM
Wow. Amazing story. Glad no one died.

No, actually boar semen collection involves no hand movement. Just a firm grip.

seclark
02-16-2010, 10:20 AM

same here.
sec

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-16-2010, 10:23 AM
I wonder if that is procedure for them to unload someones gun, in their residence?

It was probably a good idea! Just two months ago the local police responded to a 911 call. some guy had been beating his girl friend and she got to a phone. When they went to his residence he pointed a gun at the cops. They buried him 3 days later.

The Franchise
02-16-2010, 10:29 AM
Around 7 years ago I was chilling in my dorm room at Davis-Monthan AFB in Tucson, AZ. 9/11 was still fresh in the military's minds and they always told us that we should call in any suspicious activity that we saw. I walked outside of my dorm room to light up a smoke and I noticed a lady pull a car up next to one of the buildings ajacent from mine....get out and just walk away with the car running. I stood outside and smoked...and waited for her to come back. When she didn't....I told my friend next door to call it in because I was going back bed (I was working night shift at the time). I go back to bed and after about an hour.....I wake up to someone banging on my door. I'm talking cops about to raid banging......so I get up out of bed and open the door. I'm now staring at 2 MPs with their M16s drawn at my face.

Apparently my friend called in and told them what was going on....and then left. They thought that it was my car.....so they wanted to storm my dorm room. I'm pretty sure I had to change my shorts after that one.

mikeyis4dcats.
02-16-2010, 10:51 AM
you couldn't hear them when they were speaking to you through the door, but they heard you chamber a round in your pistol?

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-16-2010, 10:54 AM
you couldn't hear them when they were speaking to you through the door, but they heard you chamber a round in your pistol?

Yep!

I've got tenitis really bad.

Chief Henry
02-16-2010, 11:18 AM

:whackit:

JD10367
02-16-2010, 11:24 AM
It was probably a good idea! Just two months ago the local police responded to a 911 call. some guy had been beating his girl friend and she got to a phone. When they went to his residence he pointed a gun at the cops. They buried him 3 days later.

I love heartwarming happy-ending stories. :thumb:

B_Ambuehl
02-16-2010, 01:00 PM
Why is it that cops always act like such paranoid illogical robots in those situations? It could be a 9 year old kid with a capgun and they'd act like he was a murderer. The lack of common sense just amazes me. Kinda like those dumbass airline security tards A 99 year old woman in a wheelchair goes thru and they spend 20 minutes searching her being cuz she's carrying a bottle of toothpaste 1 inch too big. No common sense whatsoever.

Overly paranoid cops are more likely to cause problems by scaring the hell out of people then anything IMO.

Taco John
02-16-2010, 01:17 PM
They actually heard you chamber that round? That's remarkable awareness.

Phobia
02-16-2010, 01:17 PM
Why is it that cops always act like such paranoid illogical robots in those situations? It could be a 9 year old kid with a capgun and they'd act like he was a murderer. The lack of common sense just amazes me. Kinda like those dumbass airline security tards A 99 year old woman in a wheelchair goes thru and they spend 20 minutes searching her being cuz she's carrying a bottle of toothpaste 1 inch too big. No common sense whatsoever.

Overly paranoid cops are more likely to cause problems by scaring the hell out of people then anything IMO.

I see what you're saying but cops die every day because somebody or something that seemed perfectly normal wasn't normal at all. I'm not a paranoid person at all but I'd be a paranoid cop, that's for sure.

Mr. Laz
02-16-2010, 02:02 PM
WOff topic, but if your hands are shaking from excitement, does your hog work go quicker?

:LOL::LOL:

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-16-2010, 06:24 PM
They actually heard you chamber that round? That's remarkable awareness.

There were two police officers . One was black and the other was
Hispanic. I'm suspecting the black one with the REALLY big ears heard the round being chambered . And the hispanic officer was the one saying "It's the policia", thats part of the reason I couldn't understand what was going on.

Goldmember
02-16-2010, 07:33 PM
There were two police officers . One was black and the other was
Hispanic. I'm suspecting the black one with the REALLY big ears heard the round being chambered . And the hispanic officer was the one saying "It's the policia", thats part of the reason I couldn't understand what was going on.

Ears, bigger or smaller than Obama's?

theultimatekcchiefsfan
02-16-2010, 10:32 PM
This kind of reminds me of the time I had my back to the back door with my headphones on listening to tunes on my computer late at night. Most of the lights were off in the house. My wife would always tell me I shouldnt do that in case someone tried to break in or something I wouldnt be able to hear them.

Any way I finally went to bed around 2:00 am.

When I awoke in the morning, there were police cars in the driveway. My elderly neightbor lady had called the police (we shared the same backdoor entryway) to our apartment.

She had heard something making strange noises at the backdoor around 12:30 or 1:00am but was to terrified to get out of bed and call the police. The next morning when she finally did, they discovered the door had been unsuccessfully pried open and wood was splintered all around the steps. I have often thought what could have really happened that night had someone came in and I had been sitting there in the dark with my back to them with headphones on.. Still gives me the creeps.......

PS. Yes, I had to tell my wife that I should have listened to her in the first place.

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-17-2010, 08:48 AM
Ears, bigger or smaller than Obama's?

Probably bigger.

In hindsight I guess I should have asked the officer if he would be kind enough to let me measure his ears .

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-17-2010, 08:51 AM
This kind of reminds me of the time I had my back to the back door with my headphones on listening to tunes on my computer late at night. Most of the lights were off in the house. My wife would always tell me I shouldnt do that in case someone tried to break in or something I wouldnt be able to hear them.

Any way I finally went to bed around 2:00 am.

When I awoke in the morning, there were police cars in the driveway. My elderly neightbor lady had called the police (we shared the same backdoor entryway) to our apartment.

She had heard something making strange noises at the backdoor around 12:30 or 1:00am but was to terrified to get out of bed and call the police. The next morning when she finally did, they discovered the door had been unsuccessfully pried open and wood was splintered all around the steps. I have often thought what could have really happened that night had someone came in and I had been sitting there in the dark with my back to them with headphones on.. Still gives me the creeps.......

PS. Yes, I had to tell my wife that I should have listened to her in the first place.

I never sit with my back to a door. In fact if I go into a restaurant to eat I'll always sit on the side of the table that faces the front entrance. Sometimes my brother fights me for the spot.

Duck Dog
02-17-2010, 10:27 AM
Give NoBama another 4 years and the cops will be back to confiscate your gun.

Bwana
02-17-2010, 10:54 AM
Damn, did one of them look like this?

http://tucsongrowup.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/barney-fife.jpg

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-17-2010, 10:58 AM
Give NoBama another 4 years and the cops will be back to confiscate your gun.

I don't think so. Can you really imagine the comotion that would cause . There are so many firearms out there they'd need a seperate state just to store them all. I know my local Sherrifs pretty good and they'd have no part of any gun confiscation.

Anyway if congress passed any kind of law like that , Texas would just succeed fron the Union.

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-17-2010, 10:59 AM
Damn, did one of them look like this?

http://tucsongrowup.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/barney-fife.jpg

ROFL If he did I would have just took his bullet and thew him to the street.