PDA

View Full Version : Misc Please vote for a good cause!

EyePod
02-16-2010, 09:58 AM
Hey guys, this family is really tight with a coworker of mine, and it would mean a lot to me if you were able to take a few minutes and vote. It's a really sad story. I know this isn't a local thing for most Chiefs fans, but coming from one of the few Chiefs fans in the Philly area (I sure get a lot of flack for sporting my Chiefs gear), your vote would be much appreciated!

http://www.refresheverything.com/ErinsDream

Here's a quote from the mother who lost 2 out of her 3 children and started the foundation

Erin's Dream, my dream, is to fundraise the remaining $200,000 to purchase a historic farmhouse in Schwenksville, PA. This home sits along the Perkiomen Creek & has a sprawling public trail that runs through the property. Upon purchasing the home, the house will be restored in an effort to support other families, like mine, who have lost a child or are facing the loss of a child due to a terminal illness.

I have lost 2 of my 3 children to cancer. My children inspired me to appreciate everyday & to follow my heart. Our family was very fortunate to receive great support from our family & community during Avery & Nolan's battles with cancer. When they passed, the support waned while the pain & difficulties continued in our lives.

Our goal is to build a Home of HOPE for families like ours. We feel that the property is ideal for refreshing a broken heart. We want other families who have lost a child to feel supported & welcome while also free to grieve.

big nasty kcnut
02-16-2010, 02:07 PM
Done i hope she wins.

tooge
02-16-2010, 02:22 PM
Oh, I thought I would be voting for Iowanian or Frazod.

Tylerthigpen!1!
02-16-2010, 03:51 PM
done

EyePod
02-16-2010, 05:17 PM
Thanks for your votes guys.

Dante84
02-16-2010, 05:27 PM
done.

EyePod
03-01-2010, 12:10 PM
Hey guys, they reset the numbers for the new month and because this was added only mid month during Feb (and still finished 7th overall), I'd appreciate it if you guys could send a few votes over my way to help these people.

Bwana
03-01-2010, 02:16 PM
Done

seclark
03-01-2010, 02:33 PM
in
sec