PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs tidbits

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-17-2010, 09:24 AM
Hadn't seen some of this mentioned on here. Sorry if repost. Not really.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chiefs | Could look to grab LT
Mon, 15 Feb 2010 21:16:21 -0800

Adam Teicher, of The Kansas City Star, speculates the Kansas City Chiefs could look to pick up San Diego Chargers RB LaDainian Tomlinson if he becomes a free agent this offseason.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chiefs | Could re-sign Vrabel, M. Brown
Mon, 15 Feb 2010 15:19:03 -0800

Bill Williamson, of ESPN.com, reports the Kansas City Chiefs could re-sign impending free-agent LB Mike Vrabel and FS Mike Brown during the offseason if the prices are right.

Chiefs | Keeping Chambers expected to be a priority
Mon, 15 Feb 2010 15:18:06 -0800

Bill Williamson, of ESPN.com, reports the Kansas City Chiefs are expected to make re-signing impending free-agent WR Chris Chambers a priority this offseason.

Chiefs | Unlikely to use either offeseason tag
Fri, 12 Feb 2010 12:05:46 -0800

Adam Teicher, of The Kansas City Star, reports the Kansas City Chiefs likely will not use either their franchise or transition tag this offseason.

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-17-2010, 09:25 AM
The LT part I hadn't heard. He may be a "cheap" backup for Charles for a couple years.

milkman
02-17-2010, 09:33 AM
The LT part I hadn't heard. He may be a "cheap" backup for Charles for a couple years.

Tomlinson is done.

I don't want a "cheap backup" for a couple of years.

I want a guy that can come in, start, and produce, if Charles were to miss time to injury, and a guy that can take some of the load with 10-15 touches a game.

FAX
02-17-2010, 09:34 AM
Tomlinson is done.

I don't want a "cheap backup" for a couple of years.

I want a guy that can come in, start, and produce, if Charles were to miss time to injury, and a guy that can take some of the load with 10-15 touches a game.

He might make a decent third down back for somebody, Mr. milkman. Short yardage, redzone kind of guy, maybe.

FAX

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-17-2010, 09:35 AM
I really hope Charles is hitting the weights this off season.

Tango&Cash
02-17-2010, 09:36 AM

He won't be cheap.

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-17-2010, 09:37 AM
He won't be cheap.

He will be if Clark Hunt gives him a contract.

Quesadilla Joe
02-17-2010, 09:40 AM
One name that I keep hearing interest in: Chris Chambers.. he played really well for KC after SD cut him loose

http://twitter.com/MoveTheSticks/status/8866020597

Mr. Laz
02-17-2010, 09:41 AM
LT is not really even the kind of guy we need so i don't know why they would go after him.

he's old
he doesn't have much power

he provides very little that a younger,cheaper Charles doesn't do already.

we need a young,rampaging bull with power in the backfield to spell Charles

MoreLemonPledge
02-17-2010, 09:44 AM
LT won't be cheap, nor will he want to be a backup. He's fallen off, like so many other RBs. Yeah, he had a few good years, but he wouldn't benefit this team whatsoever.

FAX
LT is not really even the kind of guy we need so i don't know why they would go after him.

he's old
he doesn't have much power

he provides very little that a younger,cheaper Charles doesn't do already.

we need a young,rampaging bull with power in the backfield to spell Charles

Seasoned vet. Can follow blocks. The kind of guy who can get you the two yards you need on third down even if the blocking isn't perfect. Sort of like Marcus. If he can do that, he might have value to somebody, somewhere.

FAX

mikeyis4dcats.
the chargerization fo the chiefs continues!

Quesadilla Joe
02-17-2010, 09:47 AM
I could actually see LT going to the Saints. LT wasn't very happy when Brees was let go and LT is probably gonna try to chase a SB ring somewhere.

King_Chief_Fan
02-17-2010, 09:49 AM
The only thing on that list that makes sense to me is re-signing Chambers. Brown should just leave...he is worse than Pollard.

BigChiefFan
02-17-2010, 10:04 AM
I'd rather draft Hardesty in the 4th round or Blount in the 5th.

BigRedChief
02-17-2010, 10:08 AM
LT is not going to happen. He doesn't want to be a backup and wants serious coin.

Chambers will be re-signed with an incentive laden contract only. No big gauranteed money up front.

Brock
02-17-2010, 10:10 AM
If you give Chambers a big contract, he'll probably go back to being useless.

FAX
02-17-2010, 10:12 AM
If you give Chambers a big contract, he'll probably go back to being useless.

There is considerable truthishness in this posticism.

FAX

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-17-2010, 10:19 AM
There is considerable truthishness in this posticism.

FAX

That's why as BRC says it will be incentive laden.

Huffman83
02-17-2010, 10:41 AM
I think LT wouldn't happen, but I wouldn't have a problem with it. LT may as well stay in SD and play 2nd fiddle to a speedy young RB. There's no point in coming to KC and playing 2nd fiddle to a speedy young RB.

HotRoute
02-17-2010, 11:04 AM
LT and brown not so much, vrabel meh, but chambers definately he kinda became cassel's go to wr while bowe was out. But I wouldn't be surprised if only3 or 4 wr's are retained from last year. Dropped passes are almost as bad as sacks snd aren't acceptable.

-King-
02-17-2010, 11:52 AM
I could actually see LT going to the Saints. LT wasn't very happy when Brees was let go and LT is probably gonna try to chase a SB ring somewhere.

Yeah saints really need a good rb. Clearly they don't have depth with pierre thomas, reggie bush, and mike bell in the backfield....
Posted via Mobile Device

-King-
02-17-2010, 11:55 AM
All bridges will be on suicide watch if brown and vrabel are back. I might be a jumper.
Posted via Mobile Device

Quesadilla Joe
02-17-2010, 11:56 AM
Yeah saints really need a good rb. Clearly they don't have depth with pierre thomas, reggie bush, and mike bell in the backfield....
Posted via Mobile Device

There were rumors that Bush might be cut because they don't feel he is worth the money and he is do a large roster bonus. Plus Pierre Thomas and Mike Bell are free agents.

milkman
02-17-2010, 12:00 PM
There were rumors that Bush might be cut because they don't feel he is worth the money and he is do a large roster bonus. Plus Pierre Thomas and Mike Bell are free agents.

Yeah, well only a moron would replace a verstile young back with an old used up back like Tomlinson.

But look who I'm talking too.

LaChapelle
02-17-2010, 12:36 PM
With all the rules in place in an uncapped year
he probably can not get on a winning team
I cry for him(LT)

HemiEd
02-17-2010, 12:40 PM
The only thing on that list that makes sense to me is re-signing Chambers. Brown should just leave...he is worse than Pollard.

this

DBOSHO
02-17-2010, 12:59 PM
Idk how well lt would play here, but hed look damn good in red and gold

Titty Meat
02-17-2010, 12:59 PM
LT is not going to happen. He doesn't want to be a backup and wants serious coin.

Chambers will be re-signed with an incentive laden contract only. No big gauranteed money up front.

You didn't say that in the e-mail.

Quesadilla Joe
02-17-2010, 01:51 PM
Yeah, well only a moron would replace a verstile young back with an old used up back like Tomlinson.

But look who I'm talking too.

Do you still think Albert is better than Clady? Clady is only a first team All Pro and is only the third OL in NFL history to be an All Pro by his second season.

-King-
02-17-2010, 02:23 PM
Do you still think Albert is better than Clady? Clady is only a first team All Pro and is only the third OL in NFL history to be an All Pro by his second season.

Now I haven't looked through the history books, but that's false. Joe thomas and jake long were both all pro by their 2nd years. Are you saying long, clady, and thomas are the only ones EVER to do that? I highly doubt it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Quesadilla Joe
02-17-2010, 02:42 PM
Now I haven't looked through the history books, but that's false. Joe thomas and jake long were both all pro by their 2nd years. Are you saying long, clady, and thomas are the only ones EVER to do that? I highly doubt it.
Posted via Mobile Device

I was wrong. He was the 5th tackle in NFL History to do it.

Clady: 5th tackle since merger to earn 1st-team AP All-Pro by 2nd yr - Munoz (81), Roaf (94), Ogden (97) and Brown (06).

http://twitter.com/psmyth12/status/7752860418

Clady is in some good company :)

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-17-2010, 02:45 PM
Too bad he has a dumbass for a coach and a moron for a Quarterback.

rockymtnchief

Pay attention. The discussion is not about your team, it's about LT. Why must you always steer discussions towards the Donkeys? Nobody cares!!!

Micjones
I like the idea of resigning Chambers.

Can't understand them having any interest in Tomlinson.
I'd prefer a younger complement to Charles.