PDA

View Full Version : Poop Top 10 Worst inventions of all time

MahiMike
02-17-2010, 06:57 PM
Top 10 Worst inventions of all time:

10 - TV - One of the best and one of the worst at the same time. No human can resist its pull. Millions of hours have been - and will continue to be - wasted on this invention.

9 - Fast food - Responsible for much more than our wastelines. Also responsible for quality time taken away from the dinner table. Second only to women's lib for being detrimental to the family. Europe resisted for years bases on the amount of trash produced alone.

8 - Big Pharma - Americans are by far the most over-medicated population on the planet. And why not? Who can resist all the commercials in between news segments about how sick we are. Been to a Walgreens or CVS lately? When they build drive thrus for drugstores, you know America is full of junkies. Biggest offender of high cost of healthcare next to insurance companies. And why do I have to wait an hour and a half to see my doctor when the nattily dressed drug rep gets right in? Because she has the latest product to be pushed by your doctor, that's why. Don't worry, he'll write you a scrip - for a price.

7 - Health Insurance companies - I know. Gotta have them right? Wrong. This group is a gestapo, looking to deny more claims than they pay out. Pre-existing conditions? Too bad. In between jobs or out of work? Tough luck for you. And the real kicker - allowing doctors and hospitals to charge triple the actual rate for their kickback system. They're THE reason why the new healthcare initiative will not get off the ground. It's like the fair tax movement. Great idea but it's a pipe dream due to the power of the incumbents to keep it from happening.

6 - Womens lib - Necessary evil? Perhaps. It's all great that the girls want to be equal. But at what cost? Our families, that's what. Look back to the 50's and 60's to see how wholesome and strong families were. Now that they've completely infiltrated the working ranks, this latest recession has shown only the men are getting laid off (80%).

5 - International Trade - Can you believe at one time the U.S. actually PRODUCED stuff? Remember when the Steelers got their name because they actually made steel with American workers? Remember when you never saw anything made in China - before Walmart invented the concept? The dollar was worth something because so many of them were changing hands inside the country.

4 - Wallstreet - How do I hate Wallstreet? Let me count the ways. First and foremost, it produces short-sidedness on behalf of the CEOs that can only see 1 quarter worth of profits at a time. This causes bad decisions and leads to other bad inventions like outsourcing. Second, the stocks are manipulated by the money managers that make it tough for the average Joe to make a buck. Third, they encourage layoffs, mergers and buyouts. This actually started the trend toward instability in the work place. Fourth, they're all a bunch of crooks connected with the politicians (i.e., AIG, Goldman Sachs). The bailout did nothing to these companies, providing them with 100% payouts and billions in bonuses for the company board members. Fifth, the mortgage crisis was caused by Wallstreet and their packaged derivatives sold around the world. Wiped out 40 years of investors life savings and led us to the current economy.

3 - Outsourcing - Remember life in the U.S. up until the mid 80's? Yeah, it was that great. We WERE the dominant country. American cars were still 1,2 and 3 in sales. Everyone had a job and recruiters would call random numbers in your office to see if you wanted to move across the street for a 20% bump in pay. Somehow, CEOs with their short term thinking thought it would be a good idea to not only ship manufacturing overseas but white collar jobs as well. Today, we're left with a shell of a middle class. Obama has no choice but to raise taxes for the rich. There's no middle class left to tax. 12% unemployment is on its way.

2 - Walmart - The big Red machine I call it. So named due to its production of billions each year that go directly to China. Over 90% of the goods sold at Walmart come from communist China. How is it that we can't buy a quality cigar from Cuba but we can get all the crap we want from China? Every time I see a Walmart sign I picture 2 chinese army soldiers with uzis in hand standing guard over the entrance. Someday, we'll be invaded by that country using all the money that Walmart shipped them. If you shop there, shame on you.

1 - Internet - Weird isn't it? Like the TV, the most used invention is also on this list. But this one gets top honors due to the destruction it's caused. Outsourcing of white collar jobs was made possible because of the internet. Not to mention time spent snooping on our neighbors, posting irresponsible blogs on personal sites that our employers-to-be can view. Time is wasted here more than TV these days. But the big reason why it makes the #1 list? The death of brick and mortar businesses all across America. Throughout the land, there are strip malls galore. These malls will be 50% empty in the next 5 years. Why would anyone buy locally when they can order it cheaper online? Unless it's food, lumber or something else difficult to ship, there's really no reason. These businesses were the last hope for outsourced/downsized Americans to go back to the way things were 2 generations ago when folks actually owned their own businesses.

Fritz88
02-17-2010, 07:04 PM
We should not draft an Olineman.

teedubya
02-17-2010, 07:08 PM
Where was this article originally posted? Or is this an original?

Reerun_KC
02-17-2010, 07:11 PM
11. True Fans.

BigMeatballDave
02-17-2010, 07:18 PM
Carl Peterson

MahiMike
02-17-2010, 07:20 PM
Where was this article originally posted? Or is this an original?

My own invention...

Frazod
02-17-2010, 07:22 PM
My own invention...

You'll make lots of friends with Option 6. I'm sure Lumpy and Katipan will love it. :spank:

MahiMike
02-17-2010, 07:27 PM
You'll make lots of friends with Option 6. I'm sure Lumpy and Katipan will love it. :spank:

Yeah I know. Womens lib is like credit cards. A necessary evil. I understand most families need 2 incomes these days. However, if not for the original movement, we'd instead have subsidies for woman to stay at home. That make the movement guilty.

MikeMaslowski
02-17-2010, 07:32 PM
The inventor of cock blocking should be shot.

I also hate whoever invented over-size sunglasses. annoys the shit outta me.

Saccopoo
02-17-2010, 07:32 PM
Internal combustion engine.

Electricity.

Eli Whitney was the anti-christ.

The Franchise
02-17-2010, 07:40 PM
1. Crocs
2. UGG boots
3. Skinny Jeans
4. Big Sunglasses

Thig Lyfe
02-17-2010, 07:57 PM
#6 = :spock:

Gonzo
02-17-2010, 07:59 PM

Actually, Lumpy hates womens lib. She'd rather be home raising our son instead of letting the daycare do it.

So... There you go. ;)
Posted via Mobile Device

Thig Lyfe
02-17-2010, 08:00 PM
Actually, Lumpy hates womens lib. She'd rather be home raising our son instead of letting the daycare do it.

So... There you go. ;)
Posted via Mobile Device

Wouldn't the point of women's lib be that she has that choice?

Gonzo
02-17-2010, 08:03 PM
Wouldn't the point of women's lib be that she has that choice?

That was the original intention, yes. However, it backfired, didn't it?
In order to get by, we need two incomes. She and I both make VERY competitive wages considering the current market but we couldn't make it long with just one of us working.
Posted via Mobile Device

digger
02-17-2010, 08:04 PM
Wost post ever...

Buck
02-17-2010, 08:05 PM
1. Cornballer

Gonzo
02-17-2010, 08:07 PM
Women have equality in the workplace, which was another point of the lib movement. But was it worth it? Some will say yes and some no. I opt for the latter, as would she.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thig Lyfe
02-17-2010, 08:07 PM
Look back to the 50's and 60's to see how wholesome and strong families were.

Come on.

Shit was just as fucked up back then. People were just better at hiding it.

Seriously, why is equality for women a worse invention than cocaine, heroin, automatic weapons or boy bands? Because it destroyed some utopian past that never really existed?

Gonzo
02-17-2010, 08:09 PM
Come on.

Shit was just as fucked up back then. People were just better at hiding it.

Seriously, why is equality for women a worse invention than cocaine, heroin, automatic weapons or boy bands? Because it destroyed some utopian past that never really existed?

To the DC in 3..2..1...

(automatic weapons rule)
Posted via Mobile Device

Thig Lyfe
02-17-2010, 08:11 PM
To the DC in 3..2..1...

(automatic weapons rule)
Posted via Mobile Device

This thread probably should have been posted in DC in the first place.

Kyle DeLexus
02-17-2010, 08:15 PM
Women have equality in the workplace, which was another point of the lib movement. But was it worth it? Some will say yes and some no. I opt for the latter, as would she.
Posted via Mobile Device

It was.

My mother raised 3 kids by herself with no child support until all of us were in our teens. Without "equality" in the workplace, it would have been damn near impossible.

(Equality is in "s because she has always been underpaid and to this day makes around 15-20k less than men doing the same job.)

milkman
02-17-2010, 08:26 PM
How did the Olympics not make this list?

MahiMike
02-17-2010, 08:26 PM
Come on.

Shit was just as ****ed up back then. People were just better at hiding it.

Dude, how old are you? You should probably ask your parents on this one 1st.

Kyle DeLexus
02-17-2010, 08:35 PM
How did the Olympics not make this list?

Because when the Olympians held the first Olympic Games it was a great event of honor.

Thig Lyfe
02-17-2010, 08:48 PM
Dude, how old are you? You should probably ask your parents on this one 1st.

We all remember our childhoods as being better than they were. The fact is, the golden age of the 50s and 60s is simply a historical myth. People still drank, beat their kids, had affairs, had kids out of wedlock, got abortions, went into sham marriages to repress their homosexuality, got divorced, grew apart and ended up hating each other. The only difference is that people swept it all under the rug. As opposed to, say, going on Oprah.

Human nature is human nature. Digging up Ike isn't going to suddenly make people the wholesome angels you seem to remember.

Bob Dole
02-17-2010, 09:16 PM
Bob Dole would have to go with Other: The Social Safety Net.

Hydrae
02-17-2010, 09:25 PM
Other: Federal Reserve

Lumpy
02-17-2010, 09:26 PM
Yeah, good ol' equality in the workplace. Pfft. There's nothing like getting your ass smacked and parts of your anatomy being a topic of discussion. All the while making less money than men to put up w/ some dirty, old man's eyes grazin' your fun bags.

Yep, way to go bra-burners. Appreciate it. :thumb:

JOhn
02-17-2010, 09:30 PM
We all remember our childhoods as being better than they were. The fact is, the golden age of the 50s and 60s is simply a historical myth. People still drank, beat their kids, had affairs, had kids out of wedlock, got abortions, went into sham marriages to repress their homosexuality, got divorced, grew apart and ended up hating each other. The only difference is that people swept it all under the rug. As opposed to, say, going on Oprah.

Human nature is human nature. Digging up Ike isn't going to suddenly make people the wholesome angels you seem to remember.

Ding, DING, DING!!!!!

WE HAVE A WINNER Oprah

aS IN THE yv TALK SHOWS :Lin:

milkman
02-17-2010, 09:57 PM
Because when the Olympians held the first Olympic Games it was a great event of honor.

Doesn't matter what it started out to be.

What it has become is what matters.

Kyle DeLexus
02-17-2010, 10:04 PM
Doesn't matter what it started out to be.

What it has become is what matters.

I disagree with that stance. I think it was a great "invention" but has suffered from modernization, thus should be excluded from the list due to being a great "invention."

FTR, I like the Olympics but do think it isn't all it could be.

Easy 6
02-17-2010, 10:08 PM
GREAT thread, tough choices.

I'm beggin for a Major 10 Step Beatdown here, but i vote intraweb.

Yes... its incredible... we're all connected at this very moment in many far flung locales, we can now hold a phone/personal servant to a speaker & have it tell us the artist, song, album & related trivia in about 2 seconds. We can now bank, bet, invest, spy on people, buy anything on Earth, date, talk football, research a paper, do Everything but actually earn anything... Instant Satisfaction & Answers... no hard work, no leg work necessary.

I enjoy technology for the fun & ease of knowledge it can give me *this place more than anything else by far* in a bazillion areas of my life, despite my early hate for twitter, it has proven to be an awesome media form, keeping us abreast of otherwise unknown events ... but i will not be a slave to it, i will not own a T1000 iphone, most days my cell stays home, treated like a land line, leave a message if your calling for something worth a damn. In my current life, i dont have to be connected 24/7. Going to the library & actually reading a real page, is still somehow better to me & holds greater rewards, in a way...

But there is no denying that being willfully ignorant of it all leaves me behind... oh well.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-17-2010, 10:11 PM
Yet another dumb motherfucker that thinks the fucking 50's were the halcyon of existence. :facepalm:

Sully
02-17-2010, 10:12 PM
Kyle Farnsworth

L.A. Chieffan
02-17-2010, 10:16 PM
given womens the rights to votes waz an atrociteties. look now we got women actually up in the wahinton dc!

RJ
02-17-2010, 10:17 PM
Yet another dumb mother****er that thinks the ****ing 50's were the halcyon of existence. :facepalm:

Would you like me to tell you about how much better Chiefs Planet was back in the old days?

Easy 6
02-17-2010, 10:19 PM
ROFL

L.A. Chieffan
02-17-2010, 10:20 PM
i remember back in the good ol 50 s and 60s when a your ol lady would say somethin to ya you could just pop her in da mouf and people would say 'thats good boy, thats good'

Bob Dole
02-17-2010, 10:24 PM
After spending almost 45 seconds considering this issue Bob Dole would like to change his answer.

Other: AOL

Easy 6
02-17-2010, 10:28 PM
Yet another dumb mother****er that thinks the ****ing 50's were the halcyon of existence. :facepalm:

Yea Hamas, not needing to be connected 24/7 equals caveman.

Smarten up...

Reerun_KC
02-17-2010, 10:30 PM
How about

Marty and Herm?

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-17-2010, 10:30 PM
Yea Hamas, not needing to be connected 24/7 equals caveman.

Smarten up...

You are a fucking idiot if you think that's what I'm referring to.

FAX
02-17-2010, 10:34 PM
After careful consideration of all these options, my vote still has to go to the Electric Cock Ring, Mr. MahiMike. I mean the intermittent short circuits and shocks are bad enough, but when you and your partner get sufficiently entangled in the extension cord, you lose circulation throughout your entire body.

FAX

Mecca
02-17-2010, 10:36 PM
Would you like me to tell you about how much better Chiefs Planet was back in the old days?

You do know there was actually a thread that said this right?

Saulbadguy
02-17-2010, 10:49 PM
Too bad "pulling out" was not invented prior to your conception, you stupid fucking mouthbreather.

Jenson71
02-17-2010, 11:13 PM
Yeah, good ol' equality in the workplace. Pfft. There's nothing like getting your ass smacked and parts of your anatomy being a topic of discussion. All the while making less money than men to put up w/ some dirty, old man's eyes grazin' your fun bags.

Pics, or it doesn't happen.

Hammock Parties
02-17-2010, 11:19 PM
Birth control.

IT IS AGAINST GOD

-King-
02-18-2010, 12:13 AM
Birth control.

IT IS AGAINST GOD

:spock: Are you serious?

That just might be top 10 ever.

Hammock Parties
02-18-2010, 12:24 AM
:spock: Are you serious?

That just might be top 10 ever.

Not if you respect our creator.

|Zach|
02-18-2010, 12:27 AM
6 - Womens lib - Necessary evil? Perhaps. It's all great that the girls want to be equal. But at what cost? Our families, that's what. Look back to the 50's and 60's to see how wholesome and strong families were. Now that they've completely infiltrated the working ranks, this latest recession has shown only the men are getting laid off (80%).

Were they really wholesome and strong? Or did they seem like it...

Reaper16
02-18-2010, 12:35 AM
Neg rep for #6.

POND_OF_RED
02-18-2010, 12:40 AM
Other: Federal Reserve

This. It's been a slow train wreck ever since.

|Zach|
02-18-2010, 12:41 AM
<embed style='display:block' src='http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:item:comedycentral.com:260617' width='360' height='301' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' wmode='window' allowFullscreen='true' flashvars='autoPlay=false' allowscriptaccess='always' allownetworking='all' bgcolor='#000000'></embed>

Miles
02-18-2010, 12:50 AM
<embed style='display:block' src='http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:item:comedycentral.com:260617' width='360' height='301' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' wmode='window' allowFullscreen='true' flashvars='autoPlay=false' allowscriptaccess='always' allownetworking='all' bgcolor='#000000'></embed>

Good stuff.

BigMeatballDave
02-18-2010, 02:12 AM
How about

Marty and Herm?I mentioned carl, that pretty much covers it...
Posted via Mobile Device

HotRoute
02-18-2010, 02:21 AM
i was kinda thinking the "slap chop"

Third Eye
02-18-2010, 02:25 AM
This. It's been a slow train wreck ever since.

Exactly how is that? Our central banking system is run better than any in the world, and it has NOTHING to do with our current situation.

chiefzilla1501
02-18-2010, 05:35 AM
I'm not going to keep posting here (so I promise this is the only thing I'll post), because most of this thread should be in DC forum. But I'm mostly a conservative, and even I'm going to call you out on Outsourcing and International Trade.

It's Economics 101. If you loathe international trade, then I guess you probably love that our sugar prices are 3 times higher than the rest of the world because we restrict foreign imports. It's basic supply and demand. You cut off supply, prices go up. I'm quite happy with our prices, thank you very much.

And um, outsourcing isn't the problem. What got us into this mess was protecting unions like in the Big 3 that are handing out ridiculous pensions and benefits that they can no longer afford, making the cost of producing one Chrysler $2,000 more expensive than the average Toyota. And besides, same deal. Outsourcing allows our prices to stay down. And the most fundamental theory of Economics, comparative advantage, said you're better off outsourcing things you're bad at and focusing on the things you are good at. If your car company sucks at making engines, you save a lot of money and get a far better engine if you outsource that production to someone who can do it better and cheaper. Better parts, cheaper costs. And you're not going to make a better car if you ignore that Japan maybe makes a far superior part for cheaper.

The reason we're losing in the economy has nothing to do with international trade or outsourcing. That's a misattribution of blame. #1--the economic crisis was caused by bad mortgages, taking on way too much risk with credit default swaps, and the Big 3 collapsing because of ridiculous legacy benefits. If anything, the reason why America is struggling to make it back to normalcy is because we can't compete with Japan or China, and because we have lost our ability to innovate. If you cut ourselves off from the entire global marketplace, the problem becomes a lot worse and our prices would go through the roof. Ford is a perfect example of what we should be doing.

I'm a conservative, but c'mon. This is Economics 101.

Abba-Dabba
02-18-2010, 05:43 AM
1. Crocs
2. UGG boots
3. Skinny Jeans
4. Big Sunglasses

I think I can live with #2 and #3.

RJ
02-18-2010, 07:33 AM
You do know there was actually a thread that said this right?

In the early days of Chiefs Planet, Skip taught us all how to ride our bikes. Afterward, he took us in his station wagon for ice cream and then we'd all go to the movies. The movies cost a quarter. That was for all of us and it included popcorn.

We didn't have much back then, but we had each other. Every night we ate dinner together as a family, then we'd watch Ed Sullivan. In the mornings we had pancakes with gobs and gobs of butter and as much syrup as we wanted. We were poor, but we were happy.

Earthling
02-18-2010, 08:07 AM
Thumb screws.

beach tribe
02-18-2010, 08:30 AM
Where is the option for the flat head screw.
You know the slotted one that you turn with the flat head screw driver.

I mean, seriously. WHO the hell thought that would be a good idea.

beach tribe
02-18-2010, 08:32 AM
Thumb screws.

Another brainiac invention.
At least a lot of them have a Phillips cross slot on the back though.

Earthling
02-18-2010, 08:35 AM

Lol ROFL

Red Beans
02-18-2010, 08:35 AM
I can't believe Big Pharma doesn't have more votes. C'mon people, Big Pharma Coprs directly influnece the Big Insurance Corps. Big Pharma ranks up there with the Oil Companies in how they influence our government. You want to know why insurance is so expensive and the answer to every medical question under the sun is "eat more pills."? It's thanks to them. I for one would like to see them banned from advertising at all. Only in the USA can you see a commercial advertising some kind of medicine and the commercial not actually tell you what the medicine is used to treat. "Ask your doctor if you need Zopraxia, ask him if you need Amylhiptophosphate, ask him if you need Riderall..." Ask him who could use a swift kick in the junk.

jidar
02-18-2010, 08:43 AM
I can't believe Big Pharma doesn't have more votes. C'mon people, Big Pharma Coprs directly influnece the Big Insurance Corps. Big Pharma ranks up there with the Oil Companies in how they influence our government. You want to know why insurance is so expensive and the answer to every medical question under the sun is "eat more pills."? It's thanks to them. I for one would like to see them banned from advertising at all. Only in the USA can you see a commercial advertising some kind of medicine and the commercial not actually tell you what the medicine is used to treat. "Ask your doctor if you need Zopraxia, ask him if you need Amylhiptophosphate, ask him if you need Riderall..." Ask him who could use a swift kick in the junk.

Because you can't argue with results unless you're retarded.
Before modern medicine everyone was dying in their 30s and 40s, so when fruitbats go on about big pharma the reasonable people take it with a grain of salt.

jidar
02-18-2010, 08:46 AM

I fucking hate it when people use tools to tighten thumb screws. If you'll pay attention you will notice that thumb screws are always put on things that don't require much force to remain fastened. You're not supposed to tighten the damned things so much that it takes a tool to remove it. The only reason you can put a tool on it is in case the damned thing is too hard for you to get out.

eazyb81
02-18-2010, 08:48 AM
Fast food by far. The fast food industry is primarily responsible for our country's obesity problem, which is a main driver of higher healthcare costs.

Our generation today is disgustingly unhealthy and it is due to a combination of fast food and laziness.

ForeverChiefs58
02-18-2010, 08:52 AM
stupid Embedding disabled by request

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOtEQB-9tvk

loochy
02-18-2010, 08:52 AM
Here's three.

http://ashallann.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/snuggie.jpg
Suggies are just so incredibly lame.

http://www.insidesocal.com/friendlyfire/mtv.jpg

http://thefreshxpress.com/freshxp/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/bet_awards1-300x300.jpg

MTV and BET are the sources of unimaginable amounts of trash and worthlessness. I guess I could add E! to this as well. I didn't include VH1 because I feel that some of their programming has some merit, such as Behind the Music and Remember the (insert decade here).

ForeverChiefs58
02-18-2010, 08:54 AM
here it is

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-LkusicUL2s&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-LkusicUL2s&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

loochy
02-18-2010, 08:56 AM
Where is the option for the flat head screw.
You know the slotted one that you turn with the flat head screw driver.

I mean, seriously. WHO the hell thought that would be a good idea.

...just as bad as phillips head that strip out all of the time...

...the box head screws are the way to go.

Red Beans
02-18-2010, 08:58 AM
Before modern medicine everyone was dying in their 30s and 40s, so when fruitbats go on about big pharma the reasonable people take it with a grain of salt.

Someone is either a pharmy sales rep, or their perscription ran out. Re-up, get leveled out, before you go off calling people fruitbats. I'm not talking about modern medicine, I'm talking about the way Big Corporations have turned the strive to improve the quality of American life into an all out mad grab for the cash. It's kind of sad you can't see the difference between the concept of modern medicine and the companies that push the drugs. There is a difference.

Earthling
02-18-2010, 09:01 AM
I ****ing hate it when people use tools to tighten thumb screws. If you'll pay attention you will notice that thumb screws are always put on things that don't require much force to remain fastened. You're not supposed to tighten the damned things so much that it takes a tool to remove it. The only reason you can put a tool on it is in case the damned thing is too hard for you to get out.

Wrong type of thumb screw...

loochy
02-18-2010, 09:03 AM

WTF is that? It looks rather evil.

Earthling
02-18-2010, 09:04 AM
WTF is that? It looks rather evil.

Just your everyday thumb screw torture devise. :D

loochy
02-18-2010, 09:08 AM
I'm really surprised nobody said things like nuclear weapons or guns or steak. I guess we have a hippieless board here, and that's a good thing. :D

RJ
02-18-2010, 09:10 AM

See, I knew right away what you meant.

Which is nothing for either of us to be proud of.

ForeverChiefs58
02-18-2010, 09:13 AM
I remember wishing they wouldn't have invented bras. Just let those puppies run free my ladies. Then I thought about it, some bras really help out, support, and keep things where they belong. Plus, who really wants to see only saggy boobs everywhere?
Still though, makes you wonder how things would be:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/F9eR1BtCj2Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/F9eR1BtCj2Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7n5_HdlK_4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7n5_HdlK_4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

loochy
02-18-2010, 09:16 AM
I remember wishing they wouldn't have invented bras. Just let those puppies run free my ladies. Then I thought about it, some bras really help out, support, and keep things where they belong. Plus, who really wants to see only saggy boobs everywhere?
Still though, makes you wonder how things would be:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/F9eR1BtCj2Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/F9eR1BtCj2Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I'm not a fan of the saggies. Also, I enjoy how some bras make boobs look absolutely amazing.

Here is an example of what a bra can do for small boobied Paris.
Before:
http://federalfashionista.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/paris.jpg

After:
http://images.teamsugar.com/files/users/1/16245/13_2007/41paris.jpg

Earthling
02-18-2010, 09:17 AM
See, I knew right away what you meant.

Which is nothing for either of us to be proud of.

True...But to be fair, I haven't used them in years.

ForeverChiefs58
02-18-2010, 09:20 AM
on the flip side I would like to thank whoever invented the thong, I like the way they think. *Prob. not the best to view at work*

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hWqiOdz-5LU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hWqiOdz-5LU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

HC_Chief
02-18-2010, 09:22 AM
I voted Other: Stupid Polls

RJ
02-18-2010, 09:25 AM
True...But to be fair, I haven't used them in years.

Yeah, same here. I wonder if I still have my old thumb screws from high school up in the attic?

Nah, probably not. I don't have an attic.

ForeverChiefs58
02-18-2010, 09:29 AM
I'm not a fan of the saggies. Also, I enjoy how some bras make boobs look absolutely amazing.

Here is an example of what a bra can do for small boobied Paris.
Before:
http://federalfashionista.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/paris.jpg

After:
http://images.teamsugar.com/files/users/1/16245/13_2007/41paris.jpg

I enjoy looking at both. But I feel when I see a girl with no bra, its like we have almost gone to first base already or something.

Earthling
02-18-2010, 09:30 AM
Yeah, same here. I wonder if I still have my old thumb screws from high school up in the attic?

Nah, probably not. I don't have an attic.

ROFL

mikeyis4dcats.
02-18-2010, 09:31 AM
waistline.

tooge
02-18-2010, 09:41 AM
Where is the option for these?
Roland Martins fishing launcher rod
Snuggie
Spray on Hair

gblowfish
02-18-2010, 09:56 AM
New Coke. Worst marketing idea ever.

Demonpenz
02-18-2010, 10:26 AM
fast food sucks, but americans work long ass hours.

Inspector
02-18-2010, 11:10 AM
Yeah I know. Womens lib is like credit cards. A necessary evil. I understand most families need 2 incomes these days. However, if not for the original movement, we'd instead have subsidies for woman to stay at home. That make the movement guilty.

Well, it wasn't ALL bad.........

I sure enjoyed those early years of them wearing those fish net halter tops after burning their bras. I know the sagging aftermath doesn't always work out so well, but back then they were kids in their teens and 20's.

Ah, the memories. ;)

Inspector
02-18-2010, 11:37 AM
Here's three.

http://ashallann.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/snuggie.jpg
Suggies are just so incredibly lame.

http://www.insidesocal.com/friendlyfire/mtv.jpg

http://thefreshxpress.com/freshxp/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/bet_awards1-300x300.jpg

MTV and BET are the sources of unimaginable amounts of trash and worthlessness. I guess I could add E! to this as well. I didn't include VH1 because I feel that some of their programming has some merit, such as Behind the Music and Remember the (insert decade here).

:thumb: VH1 also shows high quality music video's during the early morning hours. One in particular!!!

Katipan
02-18-2010, 11:41 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

Since we can't freeze frame humanity in a picture perfect Mayberry world which fyi would bore the hell out of me, I vote for the option that offers the most options.

Psycho worked 3 jobs so that I could stay home with our 2 babies. Later on I worked nights, he worked days. Even later on, I worked all by myself and he did drugs, but I digress.

Women's Lib gave me options. Not for one moment would I wouldn't want that for my daughter. Or son.

MahiMike
02-18-2010, 11:42 AM

Wow. As if I wrote it myself. Nice job.:clap:

MahiMike
02-18-2010, 11:45 AM

So now we can all look forward to living to 100 and our social security running out at 80? Why?

I remember when I figured out that most Americans are on drugs. At the annual enrollment at work, I was the only guy taking the plan that didn't pay for prescriptions (even though it was half the monthly cost).

Katipan
02-18-2010, 11:46 AM

Never had any of that happen to me. At least not to my knowledge.
And not in any environment where I wasn't encouraging it.

Lumpy
02-18-2010, 11:53 AM
Since we can't freeze frame humanity in a picture perfect Mayberry world which fyi would bore the hell out of me, I vote for the option that offers the most options.

Psycho worked 3 jobs so that I could stay home with our 2 babies. Later on I worked nights, he worked days. Even later on, I worked all by myself and he did drugs, but I digress.

Women's Lib gave me options. Not for one moment would I wouldn't want that for my daughter. Or son.

It is nice to have options. I agree w/ you on this. However, IMO I would much rather have a country that would give me the option to work, rather than force me to work.

Don't get me wrong, I work hard and enjoy it, (although it can be stressful at times). But if I had the option to stay home and raise my child, (rather than having strangers raise him), I would.

Katipan
02-18-2010, 11:55 AM
It is nice to have options. I agree w/ you on this. However, IMO I would much rather have a country that would give me the option to work, rather than force me to work.

Don't get me wrong, I work hard and enjoy it, (although it can be stressful at times). But if I had the option to stay home and raise my child, (rather than having strangers raise him), I would.

I think I stayed with Psycho as long as I did because I didn't want to have a daycare raise the kids. And where we were that would have been our only option. Totally hear you. Then they went to school and broke my heart.

fucking kids.

Pioli Zombie
02-18-2010, 11:55 AM
The Jump to conclusions mat. Just a terrible idea.
Posted via Mobile Device

MOhillbilly
02-18-2010, 12:01 PM

The strongest & toughest people i have come across in my life/family are women. My Grandma moved from kc out to the farms, raised 4 kids, were dirt poor & has a masters in physics,tough as nails.
My Grandmother raised 4 kids, were poor as hell, went back to school and got a masters in english, then went on to teach at ESMS. tough as nails.

The best part is that as a man i can call upon any of the women in my family and get the brass tacs answer im lookin for. No matter what the problem is.

Lumpy
02-18-2010, 12:06 PM
Never had any of that happen to me. At least not to my knowledge.
And not in any environment where I wasn't encouraging it.

Well, my post was a general statement on behalf of women, (not from my own experience). However, when I was younger, I did run into some harassment... but it wasn't that bad. It came w/ the territory though when you work in male-dominated fields.

I think I stayed with Psycho as long as I did because I didn't want to have a daycare raise the kids. And where we were that would have been our only option. Totally hear you. Then they went to school and broke my heart.

****ing kids.

That sounds like it was a tough situation for you to get out of... but you did the right thing.

loochy
02-18-2010, 12:10 PM
The Jump to conclusions mat. Just a terrible idea.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yes, it is-ah horrible, this idea.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wT9PQGygZwA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wT9PQGygZwA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

LaChapelle
02-18-2010, 12:12 PM
If you take away the internet and fast food
the microwave has to follow the suction out the door
flavor died and more crap is needed to satisfy
quanity for quality = obese

jidar
02-18-2010, 01:06 PM
Solar powered flashlight

Rain Man
02-18-2010, 01:41 PM
Anti-Freeze Pops.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_okXpcd3wEig/SFe66YyZtFI/AAAAAAAAAFM/4uiewq80YJs/s320/Freeze+Pops.jpg

jjjayb
02-18-2010, 02:00 PM
Worst invention of all time? This frigging thread.

dred
02-18-2010, 02:42 PM
I am going to say "other"....

The federal Reserve!

Chief Henry
02-18-2010, 02:47 PM
Lawyers

COchief
02-18-2010, 03:34 PM
Write in vote for the cubicle

loochy
02-18-2010, 03:48 PM
Write in vote for the cubicle

I like my cubicle! It's got to be a hell of a lot better than sitting in an open bay with lots of other people.

FishingRod
02-18-2010, 05:01 PM
Birth control.

IT IS AGAINST GOD

Son, you are a walking advertisement for birth control

MahiMike
02-18-2010, 08:19 PM
I am going to say "other"....

The federal Reserve!

Good one. Surprised I didn't think of it. Ron Paul loves your vote.

ForeverChiefs58
02-18-2010, 08:22 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ysmLA5TqbIY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ysmLA5TqbIY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

SPATCH
02-18-2010, 08:29 PM
I'm too lazy/uninterested to read through this thread, but I have a feeling some self-righteous butthole came in and said "religion" or something annoying like that and a shitstorm ensued...

Anybody? Am I close?

Norman Einstein
02-18-2010, 08:34 PM
The only "invention" on the list is the TV.

I'm not sure the internet is actually an invention, regardless of Al Gore's claim of invention. It's really just an extension of normal company networked computers.

bowener
02-18-2010, 08:37 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Probably would be more worth it if they were paid exactly equal to their male counterparts, rather than the $.75 on the dollar they get.

SPATCH
02-18-2010, 08:46 PM
The only "invention" on the list is the TV.

I'm not sure the internet is actually an invention, regardless of Al Gore's claim of invention. It's really just an extension of normal company networked computers.

NERD

Mama Hip Rockets
02-18-2010, 09:03 PM
uh, the internet is awesome.

88TG88
02-18-2010, 09:23 PM
Internet might be a bad invention, but not because of your reasons.

BTW, doesnt internet porn trump all the bad the net causes ?

L.A. Chieffan
02-18-2010, 09:29 PM
one times i came home from work and my wife was readins a book! not only that but my supper wasnt even ready, i had to teach her a lesson or too but form there on we had a loving marriage except when she did sometuhn i dint like

Thig Lyfe
02-18-2010, 10:09 PM

This is one of the best things TDS has ever done.

L.A. Chieffan
02-19-2010, 09:21 AM
i remember the climbing the poles game. that was when amercia was #1

whoman69
02-19-2010, 10:36 AM
Women's lib did nothing to put the family in the situation it is now. Economic realities show that a family needs two incomes to survive. With just my income the family would have free tv only and no internet. Making ends meet would still be rough.

Pants
02-19-2010, 11:18 AM

Wait, I think I'm missing something. If you simply couldn't work and HAD to be a housewife, where would that 2nd income you guys need come from? Did all men make twice as much money for doing the same job back then because women couldn't work?

Hootie
02-19-2010, 11:36 AM

oh get the fuck over it

I hate HATE hate people who bitch about this shit.

that's all I ever hear from people I work with...

and I doubt you ever get your "ass smacked"...

drama queens

CoMoChief
02-19-2010, 11:37 AM
1. the "Twilight" series

then everything else.

Hootie
02-19-2010, 11:38 AM
I love when a girl co-worker says something about "so and so" making them uncomfortable to me...

I bust out the "don't care, don't care" piano REALLY quickly.

Lumpy
02-19-2010, 12:06 PM
oh get the **** over it

drama queens

First off, dickless wonder, it was an opinion, I wasn't bitching.

Secondly, how do you know what the fuck I have been through regarding sexual harassment in the workplace?

I also don't see myself as a drama queen. If I was, I would try to start shit w/ complete strangers over a fuggin' message board.

CoMoChief
02-19-2010, 12:07 PM

Secondly, how do you know what the **** I have been through regarding sexual harassment in the workplace?

I also don't see myself as a drama queen. If I was, I would try to start shit w/ complete strangers over a fuggin' message board.

you ever been asked to get your ass fucked?

Pants
02-19-2010, 12:10 PM

Secondly, how do you know what the **** I have been through regarding sexual harassment in the workplace?

I'd rather you had answered the real question I asked you...

I don't understand the logic AT ALL.

Lumpy
02-19-2010, 12:37 PM
Wait, I think I'm missing something. If you simply couldn't work and HAD to be a housewife, where would that 2nd income you guys need come from? Did all men make twice as much money for doing the same job back then because women couldn't work?

(Sorry, didn't see your post)...

Here's my take on it, (if it's really that important)...

Back then, (when women weren't 'allowed' in the work force), the need for a second income didn't exist. After the lib, we saw a rapid increase in inflation and the cost of living went up. You can figure out the rest.

As far as men making more money then women, (back then or in present day)... I could honestly care less about that subject. I make a great living working in a male-dominated field. I have over 15 yrs experience in my field. Could a guy make more than me doing the same work, even if he has less experience? Probably. But as long as my family has a roof over their heads and food in their bellies, I could really give a shit less.

L.A. Chieffan
02-19-2010, 12:39 PM

Back then, (when women weren't 'allowed' in the work force), the need for a second income didn't exist. After the lib, we saw a rapid increase in inflation and the cost of living went up. You can figure out the rest.

As far as men making more money then women, (back then or in present day)... I could honestly care less about that subject. I make a great living working in a male-dominated field. I have over 15 yrs experience in my field. Could a guy make more than me doing the same work, even if he has less experience? Probably. But as long as my family has a roof over their heads and food in their bellies, I could really give a shit less.

Excuse me sweatheart, can you run out and get us some more coffee? The men are trying to speak here.

Lumpy
02-19-2010, 12:40 PM
you ever been asked to get your ass ****ed?

:shake:

Have you? LMAO

Pants
02-19-2010, 12:58 PM

Well shit, get rid of the modern day comforts that didn't exist back then, and I'm sure you'll do just fine on one income. It wasn't a magical time back then and honestly saying that women's lib made things worse is absolutely ludicrous. I'd like to see your source of how women's lib created an increase in the cost of living, honestly.

Amnorix
02-19-2010, 01:05 PM
That was the original intention, yes. However, it backfired, didn't it?
In order to get by, we need two incomes. She and I both make VERY competitive wages considering the current market but we couldn't make it long with just one of us working.
Posted via Mobile Device

That's not a function of you guys not having choices, that's a function of you guys wanting more stuff than you can afford on one salary.

Amnorix
02-19-2010, 01:08 PM
Women's lib did nothing to put the family in the situation it is now. Economic realities show that a family needs two incomes to survive. With just my income the family would have free tv only and no internet. Making ends meet would still be rough.

Because every generation wnats 10x more than what their parents had.

I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but you want internet, each of you to have a cell phone, a bigger house, a car for each of you, to eat out every other Saturday, a vacation every year, etc. etc. etc.

I'm sure there are plenty of exceptions, but for the most part families can get by with just one income -- they're just not willing to make the necessary sacrifices. Which is fine, that's their choice, but it's silly to blame women's lib or whatever for our society's increasing materialism.

Pants
02-19-2010, 01:10 PM

I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but you want internet, each of you to have a cell phone, a bigger house, a car for each of you, to eat out every other Saturday, a vacation every year, etc. etc. etc.

I'm sure there are plenty of exceptions, but for the most part families can get by with just one income -- they're just not willing to make the necessary sacrifices. Which is fine, that's their choice, but it's silly to blame women's lib or whatever for our society's increasing materialism.

Well said.

Amnorix
02-19-2010, 01:10 PM
oh get the fuck over it

drama queens

I've dealt with sexual harassment complaints. You would not believe the s**t that some stupid-ass people think they can/should be able to get away with in the workplace.

And your other post, about "girls" that you work with, probably pretty accurately reflects your immaturity and your views on women.

Amnorix
02-19-2010, 01:13 PM
Everyone take 10 seconds and think about this. If your parents had two workers, then it's probably not applicable, but if you had one working parent, which is probably the case unless you're under 30 years old:

1. compare how many TVs you have in your house to what your parents had. How big were their TVs compared to yours?

2. did you parents have computers? How many? How often did they get new ones?

3. Cell phones?

4. how many cars? Mid-sized or hulking SUVs? How often did they turn them over for a new car?

5. how big was their house? How many times did they move? How big is your house?

6. what kind of vacations did they take? How often? What do you do now?

Think about that stuff

Hydrae
02-19-2010, 01:57 PM
Everyone take 10 seconds and think about this. If your parents had two workers, then it's probably not applicable, but if you had one working parent, which is probably the case unless you're under 30 years old:

1. compare how many TVs you have in your house to what your parents had. How big were their TVs compared to yours?

2. did you parents have computers? How many? How often did they get new ones?

3. Cell phones?

4. how many cars? Mid-sized or hulking SUVs? How often did they turn them over for a new car?

5. how big was their house? How many times did they move? How big is your house?

6. what kind of vacations did they take? How often? What do you do now?

Think about that stuff

30 years ago we did not have cell phones or internet to even consider. There was limited access to cable television for that matter. Just in these couple of areas, there are expenses looked at as part of standard living that did not even exist a few short years ago.

I also would contend that this "need" for more income to support this new lifestyle leads to at least a portion of the problems with obesity. How often do mom and dad get home from a long day at work and decide they are too tired to cook dinner so they eat fast food? Or instead of having a good homecooked meal, they are eating frozen dinners heated up in the microwave.

I would also contend that the two income families (and single parents households) is leading to a lot of the issues we see with regards to young people today. I was very fortunate, my mother was a stay at home mother and when I came home from school she was there and available. We would talk about the day and she would praise or comfort me as appropriate. Now it seems that the majority of kids are on their own for a few hours until the parents finally get home. Even then, parents are tired and may not have the time or energy to help the kids completely.

Let me put it this way, my wife worked 10 years ago due to economic needs. We then moved and I was able to increase my earnings enough that she was able to fulfill her dream of being a stay at home mother. I was amazed at the difference it made for me personally. I wasn't coming home and starting dinner and the laundry (I got home before my wife did), then spending the evening helping the kids with homework and the like. Now when I come home, the house is already clean and dinner is working. I can relax for a few minutes and spend some quality time with the kids and the wife. It really made a huge difference in many, many ways for me personally as well as for the rest of the family.

Hootie
02-19-2010, 03:22 PM
I've dealt with sexual harassment complaints. You would not believe the s**t that some stupid-ass people think they can/should be able to get away with in the workplace.

And your other post, about "girls" that you work with, probably pretty accurately reflects your immaturity and your views on women.

Yeah, it probably does...

Out of all the girls or women or whatever the hell they want to be called I've worked with I maybe respect the way three of them have worked...

The other ones are lazy, stupid, and just fucking suck at the easiest job in the entire fucking world...

If you ask me...

Oh nevermind it's not even worth it.

All I know is I do so much extra work for these people who demand "equality!" in the work place.

Amnorix
02-19-2010, 04:25 PM
Yeah, it probably does...

Out of all the girls or women or whatever the hell they want to be called I've worked with I maybe respect the way three of them have worked...

The other ones are lazy, stupid, and just fucking suck at the easiest job in the entire fucking world...

If you ask me...

Oh nevermind it's not even worth it.

All I know is I do so much extra work for these people who demand "equality!" in the work place.

I haven't found much difference between the sexes to be honest with you. Both have their good and bad workers.

Pioli Zombie
02-19-2010, 07:14 PM
The Cheese Straightener. Deluxe Model II.
Posted via Mobile Device

JD10367
08-23-2010, 02:54 PM
Softcore porn. I mean, really, what the fuck is the point? They show all the parts, but they don't DO anything with them. The chick always puts her back to the camera and puts her head in front of the guy's junk, and rolls her head around in the worst "I'm giving a BJ" impersonation possible. The guy rubs her boobs a bit and she gyrates on top of him, either face up or face down, with the vajayjay obviously not making any contact with his junk. Then they cut to 10 minutes of really bad acting and pointless plot dialogue before another simulated sex scene. What the hell? I get better porn on my computer by accident.

Oucho Cinco
08-23-2010, 03:10 PM
The total worst invention of all time is the president the democrats invented to take over the whitehouse and destroy America as we knew it.

Pants
08-23-2010, 03:35 PM
:facepalm:

DaFace, can you please ban Tom C@sh? I'm pretty sure he's supposed to be banned for life from this place.

Rain Man
08-23-2010, 03:40 PM

I occasionally think about whether we would be better off if we only had one worker in our family, whether it was me or my wife. A lot of our stress is the result of not having enough time to do things we want to do, and that's because we spend our weekends catching up on laundry, paying bills, etc. If one of us didn't work and kept up the house, and if we lived in a smaller house and didn't buy fancy clothes and stuff and had one TV with no cable, we wouldn't have grand vacations once a year, but we might have a lot more fun weekends hanging out. I'm not sure if our quality of life is better with two workers or not.

cdcox
08-23-2010, 06:30 PM
IMO, fast food is the only one that belongs on your list. Every other item either has huge benefits that you are downplaying or is the result of basic economics. Fast food has no upside. I only eat it when we are traveling by car, and even then I now usually seek other options such as stopping at a real restaurant and eating some real food. It's just terrible and negatively affects our whole food supply chain.