PDA

View Full Version : Life Fraternity Mocks Black History Month With "Compton Cookout"

Deberg_1990
02-18-2010, 08:07 AM
Good Lord....really?? Did this really happen in this day and age?? Incredible...

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-compton-cookout,0,2673438.story

SAN DIEGO -- Officials at UC San Diego are condemning a ghetto-themed party organized by fraternity students to mock Black History Month.

A Facebook posting advertising Monday's 'Compton Cookout' invited people to a condominium complex off-campus.

The invitation urged all participants to wear chains, rapper-style urban clothing by makers such as FUBU and speak very loudly.

Female participants were encouraged to be "ghetto chicks" with gold teeth, cheap clothes and "short, nappy hair."

The invitation said the party would serve watermelon, chicken, malt liquor, cheap beer and a purple sugar-water concoction called "dat Purple Drank."

The party was organized by members of several UCSD fraternities, according to an e-mail from Gary Ratcliff, assistant vice chancellor for student life.

UCSD Chancellor Marye Anne Fox called the party, "offensive" and a "blatant disregard of our campus values."

"We reject acts of discrimination ... and we will confront and appropriately respond to such acts," Fox said.

---------------------------------

Read The Invitation To The "Compton Cook Out," As Posted On Facebook:

"February marks a very important month in American society. No, i'm not referring to Valentines day or Presidents day. I'm talking about Black History month. As a time to celebrate and in hopes of showing respect, the Regents community cordially invites you to its very first Compton Cookout.

For guys: I expect all males to be rockin Jersey's, stuntin' up in ya White T (XXXL smallest size acceptable), anything FUBU, Ecko, Rockawear, High/low top Jordans or Dunks, Chains, Jorts, stunner shades, 59 50 hats, Tats, etc.

For girls: For those of you who are unfamiliar with ghetto chicks-Ghetto chicks usually have gold teeth, start fights and drama, and wear cheap clothes - they consider Baby Phat to be high class and expensive couture. They also have short, nappy hair, and usually wear cheap weave, usually in bad colors, such as purple or bright red. They look and act similar to Shenaynay, and speak very loudly, while rolling their neck, and waving their finger in your face. Ghetto chicks have a very limited vocabulary, and attempt to make up for it, by forming new words, such as "constipulated", or simply cursing persistently, or using other types of vulgarities, and making noises, such as "hmmg!", or smacking their lips, and making other angry noises,grunts, and faces. The objective is for all you lovely ladies to look, act, and essentially take on these "respectable" qualities throughout the day.

Several of the regents condos will be teaming up to house this monstrosity, so travel house to house and experience the various elements of life in the ghetto.

We will be serving 40's, Kegs of Natty, dat Purple Drank- which consists of sugar, water, and the color purple , chicken, coolade, and of course Watermelon. So come one and come all, make ya self before we break ya self, keep strapped, get yo shine on, and join us for a day party to be remembered- or not. "

Delano
02-18-2010, 08:11 AM
Sponsored by Lattimer.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mile High Mania
02-18-2010, 08:13 AM
I don't know why this would shock anyone... people (especially young people) are stupid and think they're being funny.

DMAC
02-18-2010, 08:34 AM
I see no problem with it. Except maybe the one that some folks will show up dressed very similar to how the invitation reads.... and shoot up the place.

eazyb81
02-18-2010, 08:34 AM
Is this really that shocking? I think most colleges have parties with themes such as this. There are also parties with white trash themes too.

jidar
02-18-2010, 08:40 AM
Like running the luge with a head bandage, this is too soon.

patteeu
02-18-2010, 09:35 AM
Is this really that shocking? I think most colleges have parties with themes such as this. There are also parties with white trash themes too.

Right. I guess it's OK to "exploit" stereotypes of ancient greeks, 70's disco partiers (or parties riffing on any generational fad), or bikers and biker chicks, but as soon as you throw fried chicken, watermelon, Rockawear and presumably an urban music soundtrack together, it makes you a racist. :rolleyes:

KC native
02-18-2010, 09:37 AM
Racist actions don't make you racist

FYP. All hail patty the ardent defender of racists everywhere.

wild1
02-18-2010, 09:38 AM
Seems like this story is out every year.

I don't see the fraternity's name. It says "members of several fraternities". This just sounds like an off-campus party.

tooge
02-18-2010, 09:39 AM
MEh. I'm just bummed I didn't get the invite. I love fried chicken and watermelon. An Old English 800 would wash them down nicely. Sounds like kind of a fun picknic to me.

Brock
02-18-2010, 09:40 AM
Newsflash frat guys make asses of themselves sometimes

Gonzo
02-18-2010, 09:44 AM
http://avanttrash.com/images/purple-drank.jpg

Earthling
02-18-2010, 09:44 AM
Right. I guess it's OK to "exploit" stereotypes of ancient greeks, 70's disco partiers (or parties riffing on any generational fad), or bikers and biker chicks, but as soon as you throw fried chicken, watermelon, Rockawear and presumably an urban music soundtrack together, it makes you a racist. :rolleyes:

I guess if it was their way of showing respect for Black History month, as they say it is, you would have a valid point. I am not convinced that this is showing respect for that at all and is in fact more of a caricature on their part.

patteeu
02-18-2010, 09:45 AM

It would be wrong if they weren't willing to allow black people into the party because of the color of their skin.

KC native
02-18-2010, 09:52 AM
It would be wrong if they weren't willing to allow black people into the party because of the color of their skin.

ROFL

MikeMaslowski
02-18-2010, 09:54 AM
I pay my child support, can I come?

paused for wutamess....

Racial issues irritate me, but sterotypes are funny.

MOhillbilly
02-18-2010, 09:57 AM
MEh. I'm just bummed I didn't get the invite. I love fried chicken and watermelon. An Old English 800 would wash them down nicely. Sounds like kind of a fun picknic to me.

old e = big chief tablet in liquid form. I love cheap brew,but wont touch old e. blechk!

And i dont know why fried chicken and watermelon is a 'black food' every white as snow country person ive ever met ate the same shit right down to poke greens.

soopamanluva
02-18-2010, 10:15 AM
Can't say I'm shocked in any way. Ignorance runs rampant in this country. And that was racist, but it's beside the point.

patteeu
02-18-2010, 10:24 AM
Can't say I'm shocked in any way. Ignorance runs rampant in this country. And that was racist, but it's beside the point.

Your username sounds has kind of a hiphop ebonics feel to it. It's racist, right?

Mr. Flopnuts
02-18-2010, 10:27 AM
It's incredibly tasteless, otherwise not a big deal. Why would everyone freak out over a bunch of college kids? Have we forgotten that the first rule of being a teenager is that one must be a selfish, know it all, asshole?

Donger
02-18-2010, 10:27 AM
Yeah, that's a bit stupid. But, then again, frat boys aren't exactly known for being not stupid.

Demonpenz
02-18-2010, 10:28 AM
the VFW's blackface potluck dinner has been cancelled as well

CoMoChief
02-18-2010, 10:29 AM
Any guns allowed?

gblowfish
02-18-2010, 10:35 AM
I'd admire them for their stones if they held the party in Compton. But since it's probably in a white suburb somewhere, not so much...

patteeu
02-18-2010, 10:42 AM
I'd admire them for their stones if they held the party in Compton. But since it's probably in a white suburb somewhere, not so much...

What kind of prejudice do you have toward Compton that would make you say such a thing? Aren't all neighborhoods the same? ;)

gblowfish
02-18-2010, 10:45 AM
What kind of prejudice do you have toward Compton that would make you say such a thing? Aren't all neighborhoods the same? ;)
I have nothing but nice things to say about Compton. I like the Chamber of Commerce Website:

http://www.comptonchamberofcommerce.com/

Rooster
02-18-2010, 10:45 AM

Damn, my grandpa is going to be so pissed.

JD10367
02-18-2010, 10:58 AM
Yes, it's offensive. Then again, so is Black History Month. I can't seem to find White History Month on my calendar, I must've missed it. Maybe I should call the NAAWP and find out if they know when it is.

Yes, it's a stereotype. Then again, a lot of young kids act and dress just like they're making fun of. If you don't want to be ridiculed, try not to live up to the stereotype. I'm Italian, but I don't wear a wife beater with a big gold chain and a crucifix or Jesus head on it and drive a Camaro and say "yo" and "fuhgeddaboudit". If I did, I would expect to be ridiculed.

Racism, sexism, and stereotypes are only funny humor when they don't touch on you or people like you. That's the way it's been. That's the way it's always been. The world won't stop turning because of it any time soon.

|Zach|
02-18-2010, 11:02 AM
Yes, it's offensive. Then again, so is Black History Month. I can't seem to find White History Month on my calendar, I must've missed it. Maybe I should call the NAAWP and find out if they know when it is.

Yes, it's a stereotype. Then again, a lot of young kids act and dress just like they're making fun of. If you don't want to be ridiculed, try not to live up to the stereotype. I'm Italian, but I don't wear a wife beater with a big gold chain and a crucifix or Jesus head on it and drive a Camaro and say "yo" and "fuhgeddaboudit". If I did, I would expect to be ridiculed.

Racism, sexism, and stereotypes are only funny humor when they don't touch on you or people like you. That's the way it's been. That's the way it's always been. The world won't stop turning because of it any time soon.

I can't believe how many people try to prop up this worthless and shallow point like it matters to them.

Buck
02-18-2010, 11:06 AM
I saw a piece on the local news the other day that the incoming freshman class at UCSD had 5 black kids. Only 5.

CoMoChief
02-18-2010, 11:11 AM
I can't believe how many people try to prop up this worthless and shallow point like it matters to them.

I dont think it necessarily matters to people that there isn't one(white history month). But what's black history month for anyways? Why is it only one month? Why isn't there an Italian/Mexican/Chinese history month and so on. At least that's what I think he's kinda getting at.

|Zach|
02-18-2010, 11:16 AM
I saw a piece on the local news the other day that the incoming freshman class at UCSD had 5 black kids. Only 5.

Glancing at their profile breakdown on their site it seems as though there are a whole ton Asians...like 41% with 1% of their student population being african american.

|Zach|
02-18-2010, 11:18 AM
I dont think it necessarily matters to people that there isn't one(white history month). But what's black history month for anyways? Why is it only one month? Why isn't there an Italian/Mexican/Chinese history month and so on. At least that's what I think he's kinda getting at.

I'm sure he not.

And I am sure you are not either.

It is a tired and shallow argument and people who use it see it has this great "gotcha" type point.

BIG_DADDY
02-18-2010, 11:19 AM

IMO it's conterproductive in the sense that it's racially exclusive. I think that is the point people are making not that they really want honkey month.

CoMoChief
02-18-2010, 11:19 AM
I'm sure he not.

And I am sure you are not either.

It is a tired and shallow argument and people who use it see it has this great "gotcha" type point.

wtf does that mean?

L.A. Chieffan
02-18-2010, 11:20 AM
u guys never been to a pimps and hos party?
Posted via Mobile Device

NewChief
02-18-2010, 11:20 AM

No Hannukah dutch oven cookout, either.

NewChief
02-18-2010, 11:21 AM
u guys never been to a pimps and hos party?
Posted via Mobile Device

That was sort of my thought as well. It's basically a pimps and hos party. The main difference here is that they advertised it as, specifically, a celebration of Black History Month.

|Zach|
02-18-2010, 11:21 AM
IMO it's conterproductive in the sense that it's racially exclusive. I think that is the point people are making not that they really want honkey month.

They are free to try and organize it. Not that anyone would want to go through that trouble because they don't actually care about it.

There is no law banning it or anything.

Buck
02-18-2010, 11:22 AM

Hispanic Heritage Month - September 15 through October 15

May is Asian Pacific American Heritage Month

October is the National Italian American History Month

|Zach|
02-18-2010, 11:23 AM
I could see how this party could get carelessly started without malicious intent. I also understand the backlash. Its just one of those things...

It seems like a silly party until you put it under the microscope.

Like not thinking you said anything wrong until it gets read back to you.

NewChief
02-18-2010, 11:23 AM
White History month is the other 11 months of the year.

Saulbadguy
02-18-2010, 11:27 AM

This.

Saulbadguy
02-18-2010, 11:28 AM
Actually sounds like a kickin' party.

soopamanluva
02-18-2010, 11:29 AM
Your username sounds has kind of a hiphop ebonics feel to it. It's racist, right?

You obviously don't listen to music. It comes from a song by Chico debarge. Then redman took it and made a story out of it. Hip hop, yea I guess you could say that. Racist, not possible

Pioli Zombie
02-18-2010, 11:29 AM
The Jews are behind this
Posted via Mobile Device

BIG_DADDY
02-18-2010, 11:31 AM
They are free to try and organize it. Not that anyone would want to go through that trouble because they don't actually care about it.

There is no law banning it or anything.

That wasn't the point I was trying to make. As long as we make race an issue it will be one is a theory I buy into but that I really don't care about because birds of a feather will flock together and make fun of others no matter what. Exclusive is a human trait that isn't going anywhere.

MOhillbilly
02-18-2010, 11:31 AM
The ZOG are behind this
Posted via Mobile Device

come on guy, get it right.

Katipan
02-18-2010, 11:32 AM
I really can't imagine sitting at home anxiously waiting to go to a party like this.

Ooo ooo.

Can't wait to throw a 3rd world country Haiti party.
No food and lots of dysentery.
We'll pass out Malaria vaccinations and red cross just add water rice casseroles.

HAHAHAAH POOR AND IGNORANT!!

vailpass
02-18-2010, 11:36 AM
College kids looking for new and outrageous excuses to throw a keg?
Say it isn't so.

CoMoChief
02-18-2010, 11:41 AM
Hispanic Heritage Month - September 15 through October 15

May is Asian Pacific American Heritage Month

October is the National Italian American History Month

I think it'd be safe to say that most people do not know this.

|Zach|
02-18-2010, 11:44 AM

I think its safe to say that is even more reason to see that kneejerk argument as shallow. You guys don't ACTUALLY care it is just a talking point.

Buck
02-18-2010, 11:44 AM

Well what does the public ignorance have to do with it?

You argued (or maybe were talking about someone else who was arguing) that those months didn't exist, when in fact they do.

crazycoffey
02-18-2010, 11:45 AM

exactly, I think people have become too racially sensitive. I also agree with the "stupid kids think they're being funny" post. But seriously, kids in college now days grew up in a complete different america than every generation before them. Its got to be getting close to the time where we stop appologizing for mistakes long past.

Besides, how was it discrimination - did they specifically say only white kids could come dressed up as ghetto trash?

crazycoffey
02-18-2010, 11:46 AM
I really can't imagine sitting at home anxiously waiting to go to a party like this.

Ooo ooo.

Can't wait to throw a 3rd world country Haiti party.
No food and lots of dysentery.
We'll pass out Malaria vaccinations and red cross just add water rice casseroles.

HAHAHAAH POOR AND IGNORANT!!

I've missed you, that's freakin funny stuff

JD10367
02-18-2010, 11:51 AM

You won't think it's worthless and shallow when you're this dude on the left. :D

http://www.gazillionmovies.com/Movies/Review/DVD/Posters/Tickets/W/Images/WhiteMansBurden.jpg

Donger
02-18-2010, 11:51 AM
I think we need a "Mexican War Hero" tribute. Shouldn't take more than a few seconds.

soopamanluva
02-18-2010, 11:56 AM
You won't think it's worthless and shallow when you're this dude on the left. :D

http://www.gazillionmovies.com/Movies/Review/DVD/Posters/Tickets/W/Images/WhiteMansBurden.jpg

Man, that will NEVER happen. There aren't enough of us here to flip it like that.

CoMoChief
02-18-2010, 11:56 AM
Well what does the public ignorance have to do with it?

You argued (or maybe were talking about someone else who was arguing) that those months didn't exist, when in fact they do.

Well its just that BHM is the only "month" that ever gets talked about. You almost never hear about Hispanic history month or Chinese etc. You hear about BHM all the time on TV, radio. The others you don't ever hear about. That's not really public ignorance.

Buck
02-18-2010, 12:01 PM
Well its just that BHM is the only "month" that ever gets talked about. You almost never hear about Hispanic history month or Chinese etc. You hear about BHM all the time on TV, radio. The others you don't ever hear about. That's not really public ignorance.

I think the black community is more widespread in the country. I hear about Hispanic Heritage month every year because where I live, the majority of people are hispanic.

And not to delve too much into this, but black people as a race have had to overcome the worst shit (racially) that has ever happened in this country.

Pioli Zombie
02-18-2010, 12:03 PM
How come they don't have Flaming Homosexual Month?
Posted via Mobile Device

JD10367
02-18-2010, 12:09 PM
I think its safe to say that is even more reason to see that kneejerk argument as shallow. You guys don't ACTUALLY care it is just a talking point.

I think his point was that no one really celebrates or gives a rat's ass about "Jewish-Italian Grandmother Week" or "Hispanic-Irish Heritage Weekend". Those things a.) aren't paid attention to, and b.) were probably only created in response to Black History Month.

This isn't 1976. There's no more forced busing. Affirmative action has done it's job, and then some. Why is Black History Month so prominent?

America is a melting pot, yet only when it's convenient. So many ethnicities, religions, and lifestyles only want to "melt" when it's convenient. I'm tired of Black History Month. I'm tired of illegal immigrants protesting for their "rights" while being supported by people from their country, who are here legally, yet waving flags OF THEIR COUNTRY, not America's. I'm tired of everyone acting like it's my fault that the Natives lost their land and the blacks were enslaved. I didn't pilot the f**king ships. (In fact, the history of slavery in Africa also involves Africans enslaving Africans, for hundreds of years, but it's easier to blame it all on Whitey.) I'm tired of entire swaths of America acting put-upon. You know what? WE'RE ALL put-upon. We all have to deal with it. It's called bigotry, and it's not going away. Black, white, gay, Jewish, Asian, Mexican, female, fat, short, bald, thick-glasses-wearing, I don't care what it is... we all have a cross to bear. Where's my "Fat White Guy With Thick Glasses" Month, huh?!? HUH!?!? :cuss:

And maybe the point should be that the young hip-hop "ghetto kids" they're making fun of probably could give less of a shit about Black History Month. They're too busy calling each other the n-word and pissing off Bill Cosby. :D

Just remember, kids, as the puppets in "Avenue Q" sang...

Princeton:
Say, Kate, can I ask you a question?

Kate Monster:
Sure!

Princeton:
Well, you know Trekkie Monster upstairs?

Kate Monster:
Uh huh.

Princeton:
Well, he's Trekkie Monster, and you're Kate Monster.

Kate Monster:
Right.

Princeton:
You're both Monsters.

Kate Monster:
Yeah.

Princeton:
Are you two related?

Kate Monster:
What?! Princeton, I'm surprised at you! I find that racist!

Princeton:
Oh, well, I'm sorry! I was just asking!

Kate Monster:
Well, it's a touchy subject.
No, not all Monsters are related.
What are you trying say, huh?
That we all look the same to you?
Huh, huh, huh?

Princeton:
No, no, no, not at all. I'm sorry,
I guess that was a little racist.

Kate Monster:
I should say so. You should be much more
careful when you're talking about the
sensitive subject of race.

Princeton:
Well, look who's talking!

Kate Monster:
What do you mean?

Princeton:
What about that special Monster School you told me about?

Kate Monster:
What about it?

Princeton:
Could someone like me go there?

Kate Monster:
No, we don't want people like you-

Princeton:
You see?!

You're a little bit racist.

Kate Monster:
Well, you're a little bit too.

Princeton:
I guess we're both a little bit racist.

Kate Monster:
Admitting it is not an easy thing to do...

Princeton:
But I guess it's true.

Kate Monster:
Between me and you,
I think

Both:
Everyone's a little bit racist
Sometimes.
Doesn't mean we go
Around committing hate crimes.
Look around and you will find
No one's really color blind.
Maybe it's a fact
We all should face
Everyone makes judgments
Based on race.

Princeton:
Now not big judgments, like who to hire
or who to buy a newspaper from -

Kate Monster:
No!

Princeton:
No, just little judgments like thinking that Mexican
busboys should learn to speak goddamn English!

Kate Monster:
Right!

Both:
Today.
So, everyone's a little bit racist
Okay!
Ethinic jokes might be uncouth,
But you laugh because
They're based on truth.
Don't take them as
Personal attacks.
Everyone enjoys them -
So relax!

Princeton:
All right, stop me if you've heard this one.

Kate Monster:
Okay!

Princeton:
There's a plane going down and there's only
one paracute. And there's a rabbi, a priest...

Kate Monster:
And a black guy!

Gary Coleman:
Whatchoo talkin' 'bout Kate?

Kate Monster:
Uh...

Gary Coleman:
You were telling a black joke!

Princeton:
Well, sure, Gary, but lots of people tell black jokes.

Gary Coleman:
I don't.

Princeton:
Well, of course you don't - you're black!
But I bet you tell Polack jokes, right?

Gary Coleman:
Well, sure I do. Those stupid Polacks!

Princeton:
Now, don't you think that's a little racist?

Gary Coleman:
Well, damn, I guess you're right.

Kate Monster:

Gary Coleman:

Princeton:
We're all a little bit racist.

Gary Coleman:
I think that I would
Have to agree with you.

Princeton/Kate Monster:
We're glad you do.

Gary Coleman:
It's sad but true!
Everyone's a little bit racist -

All right!

Kate Monster:
All right!

Princeton:
All right!

Gary Coleman:
All right!
Bigotry has never been
Exclusively white

All:
If we all could just admit
That we are racist a little bit,
Even though we all know
That it's wrong,
Maybe it would help us
Get along.

Princeton:
Oh, Christ do I feel good.

Gary Coleman:
Now there was a fine upstanding black man!

Princeton:
Who?

Gary Coleman:
Jesus Christ.

Kate Monster:
But, Gary, Jesus was white.

Gary Coleman:
No, Jesus was black.

Kate Monster:
No, Jesus was white.

Gary Coleman:
No, I'm pretty sure that Jesus was black-

Princeton:
Guys, guys...Jesus was Jewish!

Brian:
Hey guys, what are you laughing about?

Gary Coleman:
Racism!

Brian:
Cool.

Christmas Eve:
BRIAN! Come back here!
You take out lecycuraburs!

Princeton:
What's that mean?

Brian:
Um, recyclables.
Hey, don't laugh at her!
How many languages do you speak?

Kate Monster:
Oh, come off it, Brian!
Everyone's a little bit racist.

Brian:
I'm not!

Princeton:
Oh no?

Brian:
Nope!

How many Oriental wives
Have you got?

Christmas Eve:
What? Brian!

Princeton:
Brian, buddy, where you been?
The term is Asian-American!

Christmas Eve:
I know you are no
Intending to be
But calling me Oriental -
Offensive to me!

Brian:
I'm sorry, honey, I love you.

Christmas Eve:
And I love you.

Brian:
But you're racist, too.

Christmas Eve:
Yes, I know.
The Jews have all
The money
And the whites have all
The power.
And I'm always in taxi-cab
With driver who no shower!

Princeton:
Me too!

Kate Monster:
Me too!

Gary Coleman:
I can't even get a taxi!

All:
It's true.
But everyone is just about
As racist as you!
And everyone stopped being
So PC
Maybe we could live in -
Harmony!

Christmas Eve:
Evlyone's a ritter bit lacist!

Fish
02-18-2010, 12:09 PM

It's always nice to hear you tell others what they care about...

Titty Meat
02-18-2010, 12:10 PM
Who cares?

crazycoffey
02-18-2010, 12:18 PM
I think the black community is more widespread in the country. I hear about Hispanic Heritage month every year because where I live, the majority of people are hispanic.

And not to delve too much into this, but black people as a race have had to overcome the worst shit (racially) that has ever happened in this country.

I know, and we won't get away from this topic no matter how we try - but frankly, I'm not personally responsible for any of those racial injustices, yet I'd still be held personally accountable if I even partially crossed the politically correct social line because of those injustices, and I'm just sick and tired of it.

|Zach|
02-18-2010, 12:19 PM
It's always nice to hear you tell others what they care about...

Ok bud. Advocating for something that already exists is about as shallow and knee jerk has it comes. ROFL

|Zach|
02-18-2010, 12:21 PM
I think his point was that no one really celebrates or gives a rat's ass about "Jewish-Italian Grandmother Week" or "Hispanic-Irish Heritage Weekend". Those things a.) aren't paid attention to, and b.) were probably only created in response to Black History Month.

This isn't 1976. There's no more forced busing. Affirmative action has done it's job, and then some. Why is Black History Month so prominent?

America is a melting pot, yet only when it's convenient. So many ethnicities, religions, and lifestyles only want to "melt" when it's convenient. I'm tired of Black History Month. I'm tired of illegal immigrants protesting for their "rights" while being supported by people from their country, who are here legally, yet waving flags OF THEIR COUNTRY, not America's. I'm tired of everyone acting like it's my fault that the Natives lost their land and the blacks were enslaved. I didn't pilot the f**king ships. (In fact, the history of slavery in Africa also involves Africans enslaving Africans, for hundreds of years, but it's easier to blame it all on Whitey.) I'm tired of entire swaths of America acting put-upon. You know what? WE'RE ALL put-upon. We all have to deal with it. It's called bigotry, and it's not going away. Black, white, gay, Jewish, Asian, Mexican, female, fat, short, bald, thick-glasses-wearing, I don't care what it is... we all have a cross to bear. Where's my "Fat White Guy With Thick Glasses" Month, huh?!? HUH!?!? :cuss:

And maybe the point should be that the young hip-hop "ghetto kids" they're making fun of probably could give less of a shit about Black History Month. They're too busy calling each other the n-word and pissing off Bill Cosby. :D

I have never felt that burden. I think it is funny you would feel that way.

Sounds more like your problem.

|Zach|
02-18-2010, 12:22 PM
I know, and we won't get away from this topic no matter how we try - but frankly, I'm not personally responsible for any of those racial injustices, yet I'd still be held personally accountable if I even partially crossed the politically correct social line because of those injustices, and I'm just sick and tired of it.

Real example of how this has affected your life...

....go.

Buck
02-18-2010, 12:22 PM

Thats fair, I'm not going to argue against that.

I'm just trying to explain why it is that Black History Month is the most recognized of all the Racial History Months.

On the other hand, nobody is forcing you to do anything out of the ordinary this month, if you choose to ignore it, that is okay. I don't get why people get so angry about it.

Garcia Bronco
02-18-2010, 12:23 PM
Good Lord....really?? Did this really happen in this day and age?? Incredible...

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-compton-cookout,0,2673438.story

SAN DIEGO -- Officials at UC San Diego are condemning a ghetto-themed party organized by fraternity students to mock Black History Month.

A Facebook posting advertising Monday's 'Compton Cookout' invited people to a condominium complex off-campus.

The invitation urged all participants to wear chains, rapper-style urban clothing by makers such as FUBU and speak very loudly.

Female participants were encouraged to be "ghetto chicks" with gold teeth, cheap clothes and "short, nappy hair."

The invitation said the party would serve watermelon, chicken, malt liquor, cheap beer and a purple sugar-water concoction called "dat Purple Drank."

The party was organized by members of several UCSD fraternities, according to an e-mail from Gary Ratcliff, assistant vice chancellor for student life.

UCSD Chancellor Marye Anne Fox called the party, "offensive" and a "blatant disregard of our campus values."

"We reject acts of discrimination ... and we will confront and appropriately respond to such acts," Fox said.

---------------------------------

Read The Invitation To The "Compton Cook Out," As Posted On Facebook:

"February marks a very important month in American society. No, i'm not referring to Valentines day or Presidents day. I'm talking about Black History month. As a time to celebrate and in hopes of showing respect, the Regents community cordially invites you to its very first Compton Cookout.

For guys: I expect all males to be rockin Jersey's, stuntin' up in ya White T (XXXL smallest size acceptable), anything FUBU, Ecko, Rockawear, High/low top Jordans or Dunks, Chains, Jorts, stunner shades, 59 50 hats, Tats, etc.

For girls: For those of you who are unfamiliar with ghetto chicks-Ghetto chicks usually have gold teeth, start fights and drama, and wear cheap clothes - they consider Baby Phat to be high class and expensive couture. They also have short, nappy hair, and usually wear cheap weave, usually in bad colors, such as purple or bright red. They look and act similar to Shenaynay, and speak very loudly, while rolling their neck, and waving their finger in your face. Ghetto chicks have a very limited vocabulary, and attempt to make up for it, by forming new words, such as "constipulated", or simply cursing persistently, or using other types of vulgarities, and making noises, such as "hmmg!", or smacking their lips, and making other angry noises,grunts, and faces. The objective is for all you lovely ladies to look, act, and essentially take on these "respectable" qualities throughout the day.

Several of the regents condos will be teaming up to house this monstrosity, so travel house to house and experience the various elements of life in the ghetto.

We will be serving 40's, Kegs of Natty, dat Purple Drank- which consists of sugar, water, and the color purple , chicken, coolade, and of course Watermelon. So come one and come all, make ya self before we break ya self, keep strapped, get yo shine on, and join us for a day party to be remembered- or not. "

LMAO.

Garcia Bronco
02-18-2010, 12:24 PM

LOL you white guilt pussy.

|Zach|
02-18-2010, 12:24 PM
On the other hand, nobody is forcing you to do anything out of the ordinary this month, if you choose to ignore it, that is okay. I don't get why people get so angry about it.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0f/Exactly.png

Garcia Bronco
02-18-2010, 12:25 PM
Seems like this story is out every year.

I don't see the fraternity's name. It says "members of several fraternities". This just sounds like an off-campus party.
It is...which begs the question on why is the university even responding to it.

Ebolapox
02-18-2010, 12:26 PM

are we not counting the native americans in this? white man butt-raped them pretty hardcore too.

|Zach|
02-18-2010, 12:27 PM
You know its just like...I am in this thread...I am white...I feel some kind of need to be annoyed but I don't really know why.

...Maybe I will create hypothetical situations what will fuel my anger. If I keep emoting it will find a focus.
ROFL

JD10367
02-18-2010, 12:27 PM
are we not counting the native americans in this? white man butt-raped them pretty hardcore too.

What? They got blankets. :shrug:

S'okay, though. We killed a lot of 'em and took their land, but they got us back by giving us all lung cancer and taking our retirement money at their casinos.

Garcia Bronco
02-18-2010, 12:28 PM
It's incredibly tasteless, otherwise not a big deal. Why would everyone freak out over a bunch of college kids? Have we forgotten that the first rule of being a teenager is that one must be a selfish, know it all, asshole?

True.

I have attended all kinds of themed parties

40 party
Pimps and Hoes Party
70's party
80's party
Toga Party
Debutant Ball

It's actuyally fun for everybody...even black people.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-18-2010, 12:30 PM

I'm just trying to explain why it is that Black History Month is the most recognized of all the Racial History Months.

That's what I like about you Buck. You're awful smart for a young person.

Buck
02-18-2010, 12:32 PM

You make a great point.

Both groups were pretty much shitted on hardcore.

crazycoffey
02-18-2010, 12:32 PM
Real example of how this has affected your life...

....go.

I have to prove it to you? Seriously, you don't believe in reverse discrimination?

Mr. Flopnuts
02-18-2010, 12:34 PM
I normally enjoy sugar free international delights cream for my coffee. I'm drinking it black this month to celebrate. I just wanted to throw that out there.

JD10367
02-18-2010, 12:35 PM
True story.

Me (Italian). Calling my dad (even more Italian) on the phone.

Me: "Hey, dad! Did you see 'Goodfellas' yet?"

Dad: "Yes, I did."

Me: "Wasn't it hilarious?"

Dad: "No, actually I found it very offensive."

Me: "Oh. Really?"

Dad: "Yes.... That movie made it look like we do nothing but eat all the time!"

:spock:

JD10367
I normally enjoy sugar free international delights cream for my coffee. I'm drinking it black this month to celebrate. I just wanted to throw that out there.

I like my coffee like my women: white, sweet, and weak, so they go down easy. :shrug:

Buck
That's what I like about you Buck. You're awful smart for a young person.

:grouphug:PBJ:toast::hump:

Mr. Flopnuts
02-18-2010, 12:37 PM
:grouphug:PBJ:toast::hump:

You loved it and you know it. Now go get me some coffee, river crosser.

CoMoChief
It is...which begs the question on why is the university even responding to it.

Because the faternity/chapter represents the university?

Not saying the Univ can do anything about it, since it's off of campus grounds. But I'm sure they're being criticized for it, even though it's not really their problem.

soopamanluva
Wow man, who is blaming you for all of that?....nobody. Why are you taking ownership of things you had nothing to do with? That's a choice you are making. Let it go. Nobody in here is blaming this on white people. BHM has nothing to do with what these kids are doing. (and I agree with you on BHM, not because it's not needed, but because I see it as a back handed compliment to blacks have contributed. And a lot of blacks feel that way. Young and old) there are all kinds of things in this world I don't like but I ddont bitch about it and it doesn't have anything to do with me, I don't care or take ownership of it.

Just remember, kids, as the puppets in "Avenue Q" sang...

Princeton:
Say, Kate, can I ask you a question?

Kate Monster:
Sure!

Princeton:
Well, you know Trekkie Monster upstairs?

Kate Monster:
Uh huh.

Princeton:
Well, he's Trekkie Monster, and you're Kate Monster.

Kate Monster:
Right.

Princeton:
You're both Monsters.

Kate Monster:
Yeah.

Princeton:
Are you two related?

Kate Monster:
What?! Princeton, I'm surprised at you! I find that racist!

Princeton:
Oh, well, I'm sorry! I was just asking!

Kate Monster:
Well, it's a touchy subject.
No, not all Monsters are related.
What are you trying say, huh?
That we all look the same to you?
Huh, huh, huh?

Princeton:
No, no, no, not at all. I'm sorry,
I guess that was a little racist.

Kate Monster:
I should say so. You should be much more
careful when you're talking about the
sensitive subject of race.

Princeton:
Well, look who's talking!

Kate Monster:
What do you mean?

Princeton:
What about that special Monster School you told me about?

Kate Monster:
What about it?

Princeton:
Could someone like me go there?

Kate Monster:
No, we don't want people like you-

Princeton:
You see?!

Kate Monster:

Princeton:
I guess we're both a little bit racist.

Kate Monster:
Admitting it is not an easy thing to do...

Princeton:
But I guess it's true.

Kate Monster:
Between me and you,
I think

Both:
Sometimes.
Doesn't mean we go
Around committing hate crimes.
Look around and you will find
No one's really color blind.
Maybe it's a fact
We all should face
Everyone makes judgments
Based on race.

Princeton:
Now not big judgments, like who to hire
or who to buy a newspaper from -

Kate Monster:
No!

Princeton:
No, just little judgments like thinking that Mexican
busboys should learn to speak goddamn English!

Kate Monster:
Right!

Both:
Today.
So, everyone's a little bit racist
Okay!
Ethinic jokes might be uncouth,
But you laugh because
They're based on truth.
Don't take them as
Personal attacks.
Everyone enjoys them -
So relax!

Princeton:
All right, stop me if you've heard this one.

Kate Monster:
Okay!

Princeton:
There's a plane going down and there's only
one paracute. And there's a rabbi, a priest...

Kate Monster:
And a black guy!

Gary Coleman:
Whatchoo talkin' 'bout Kate?

Kate Monster:
Uh...

Gary Coleman:
You were telling a black joke!

Princeton:
Well, sure, Gary, but lots of people tell black jokes.

Gary Coleman:
I don't.

Princeton:
Well, of course you don't - you're black!
But I bet you tell Polack jokes, right?

Gary Coleman:
Well, sure I do. Those stupid Polacks!

Princeton:
Now, don't you think that's a little racist?

Gary Coleman:
Well, damn, I guess you're right.

Kate Monster:

Gary Coleman:

Princeton:
We're all a little bit racist.

Gary Coleman:
I think that I would
Have to agree with you.

Princeton/Kate Monster:
We're glad you do.

Gary Coleman:
It's sad but true!
Everyone's a little bit racist -

All right!

Kate Monster:
All right!

Princeton:
All right!

Gary Coleman:
All right!
Bigotry has never been
Exclusively white

All:
Even though we all know
That it's wrong,
Maybe it would help us
Get along.

Princeton:
Oh, Christ do I feel good.

Gary Coleman:
Now there was a fine upstanding black man!

Princeton:
Who?

Gary Coleman:
Jesus Christ.

Kate Monster:
But, Gary, Jesus was white.

Gary Coleman:
No, Jesus was black.

Kate Monster:
No, Jesus was white.

Gary Coleman:
No, I'm pretty sure that Jesus was black-

Princeton:
Guys, guys...Jesus was Jewish!

Brian:
Hey guys, what are you laughing about?

Gary Coleman:
Racism!

Brian:
Cool.

Christmas Eve:
BRIAN! Come back here!
You take out lecycuraburs!

Princeton:
What's that mean?

Brian:
Um, recyclables.
Hey, don't laugh at her!
How many languages do you speak?

Kate Monster:
Oh, come off it, Brian!
Everyone's a little bit racist.

Brian:
I'm not!

Princeton:
Oh no?

Brian:
Nope!

How many Oriental wives
Have you got?

Christmas Eve:
What? Brian!

Princeton:
Brian, buddy, where you been?
The term is Asian-American!

Christmas Eve:
I know you are no
Intending to be
But calling me Oriental -
Offensive to me!

Brian:
I'm sorry, honey, I love you.

Christmas Eve:
And I love you.

Brian:
But you're racist, too.

Christmas Eve:
Yes, I know.
The Jews have all
The money
And the whites have all
The power.
And I'm always in taxi-cab
With driver who no shower!

Princeton:
Me too!

Kate Monster:
Me too!

Gary Coleman:
I can't even get a taxi!

All:
It's true.
But everyone is just about
As racist as you!
And everyone stopped being
So PC
Maybe we could live in -
Harmony!

Christmas Eve:
Evlyone's a ritter bit lacist!

crazycoffey
02-18-2010, 12:49 PM

first I'm not angry at all, I'm discourage that a stupid college party is getting the attention of news media as "racial discrimination".

Discimination happens everywhere one group (women, asians, white and black) is the group minority, and it seems that most of these incidents make the news because its black discrimination more than the other groups (woman, asians, hispanics, whites, etc). It happens everywhere still today, and it's all very stupid.

I'm a man, and I'll treat you like a man at work, in my home or on the street, you have that initial respect from me regardless of skin color. The actions of that man from there, will decide if you keep my respect or lose it.

soopamanluva
02-18-2010, 12:56 PM
first I'm not angry at all, I'm discourage that a stupid college party is getting the attention of news media as "racial discrimination".

Discimination happens everywhere one group (women, asians, white and black) is the group minority, and it seems that most of these incidents make the news because its black discrimination more than the other groups (woman, asians, hispanics, whites, etc). It happens everywhere still today, and it's all very stupid.

I'm a man, and I'll treat you like a man at work, in my home or on the street, you have that initial respect from me regardless of skin color. The actions of that man from there, will decide if you keep my respect or lose it.

This is thevway it should be, but a lot of times it's not. That's where the problem comes

Buck
02-18-2010, 12:59 PM

Sorry dude, I worded my statement as if it were aimed towards you (by using the word you). I was trying to make two different statements there. The first being that what you were saying was fair. The second being all the people who are pissed off that there is a black history month should just ignore it if they don't like it.

Responding to this last post of yours, I completely agree with what I bolded.

crazycoffey
02-18-2010, 01:10 PM
I love you man!

Garcia Bronco
02-18-2010, 01:12 PM
Because the faternity/chapter represents the university?

I have never thought a fraternity represents a University. The represent themselves. They don't actually have to be affliated with the Unviersity in anyway.

Garcia Bronco
02-18-2010, 01:13 PM

Out of the park

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-18-2010, 01:19 PM

Holy fuck......

Nzoner
02-18-2010, 01:35 PM
WTF,no ribs on the menu?

tooge
02-18-2010, 01:41 PM
old e = big chief tablet in liquid form. I love cheap brew,but wont touch old e. blechk!

And i dont know why fried chicken and watermelon is a 'black food' every white as snow country person ive ever met ate the same shit right down to poke greens.

Yep. I wont have a picnic (read beer drinking, fishing and food) without some watermelon. And when I'm not trying to keep my gut down, I can get down on a bucket of KFC crispy.

KC native
02-18-2010, 01:42 PM
I think we need a "Mexican War Hero" tribute. Shouldn't take more than a few seconds.

Please clarify. Are you referring to the Mexican-American War or Mexican nationals?

Mr. Flopnuts
02-18-2010, 01:43 PM
Yep. I wont have a picnic (read beer drinking, fishing and food) without some watermelon. And when I'm not trying to keep my gut down, I can get down on a bucket of KFC crispy.

KFC grilled is pretty good for dieters. It's tasty as fuck too.

Donger
02-18-2010, 01:43 PM
Please clarify. Are you referring to the Mexican-American War or Mexican nationals?

Mexican nationals.

HoneyBadger
02-18-2010, 01:44 PM
Race would stop being a problem/issue if people stopped emphasizing it.

Fish
02-18-2010, 01:50 PM
Church's for the chicken, Popeye's for the sides.

CoMoChief
02-18-2010, 01:50 PM
WTF,no ribs on the menu?

Can't afford them.

KC native
02-18-2010, 01:51 PM
Mexican nationals.

Go fuck yourself.

Donger
02-18-2010, 01:52 PM
Go **** yourself.

Oh, was that the wrong answer or something?

KC native
02-18-2010, 01:54 PM
Oh, was that the wrong answer or something?

Yes. Unlike you, there are thousands of Mexican citizens who have served in our military to gain citizenship.

Garcia Bronco
02-18-2010, 01:55 PM
Go **** yourself.

You are such an angry man. That's what happens when you ingest so much semen, cocksucker.

Donger
02-18-2010, 01:56 PM
Yes. Unlike you, there are thousands of Mexican citizens who have served in our military to gain citizenship.

I didn't say anything about merely serving, did I?

KC native
02-18-2010, 01:56 PM
You are such an angry man. That's what happens when you ingest so much semen, one who sucks the penis.

yet another RWNJ and a joke about semen and penis. WTF is with your guy's obsession with penises and homosexual acts?

MVChiefFan
02-18-2010, 01:58 PM
Race would stop being a problem/issue if people stopped emphasizing it.

WRONG! It would stop being an issue if everyone in the world would stop being racist. I don't care if there isn't a soul on this board that is racist, it still exists, like it or not. Everyone wants to shove it under the rug with "I haven't had slaves" and "I'm not responsible" comments, yet totally ingoring the fact that people of ALL races, genders and orientations get treated unfairly. So, as long as there are douche clowns running around heavily discriminating against people then it will ALWAYS be an issue.

KC native
02-18-2010, 01:58 PM
I didn't say anything about merely serving, did I?

Like I said, go fuck yourself. I guess our servicemen are only heroes when it fits your political purpose huh?

Garcia Bronco
02-18-2010, 01:59 PM
yet another RWNJ and a joke about semen and penis. WTF is with your guy's obsession with penises and homosexual acts?

LOL dude. It wasn't a joke. Seriously...I think you smuggle cocks in your mouth from place to place which is why you have such a dirty mouth and like to threaten people.

CoMoChief
02-18-2010, 01:59 PM

That's how men make fun of other men, by calling them faqqots or referring to homosexual behavior. you didn't know this?

Garcia Bronco
02-18-2010, 02:00 PM
yet totally ingoring the fact that people of ALL races, genders and orientations get treated unfairly.

Based of what you describe...if it happens to everybody...then its at least fair.

KC native
LOL dude. It wasn't a joke. Seriously...I think you smuggle cocks in your mouth from place to place which is why you have such a dirty mouth and like to threaten people.

Sorry, you must be serious about your obsession. I didn't realize that. Consider this an apology.

ROFL

tooge
I remember Ruby's soul food near I 35 downtown. Ruby would charge you more if you didn't finish your plate than if you did, even if you went back 3 times. Best food ever.

Donger
02-18-2010, 02:01 PM
Like I said, go **** yourself. I guess our servicemen are only heroes when it fits your political purpose huh?

Huh? You are the one who just tried to equate heroism with getting a green card, not me.

Katipan
WRONG! It would stop being an issue if everyone in the world would stop being racist. I don't care if there isn't a soul on this board that is racist, it still exists, like it or not. Everyone wants to shove it under the rug with "I haven't had slaves" and "I'm not responsible" comments, yet totally ingoring the fact that people of ALL races, genders and orientations get treated unfairly. So, as long as there are douche clowns running around heavily discriminating against people then it will ALWAYS be an issue.

Yeah but we as a world are mean to fat and ugly people too.

At some point we will have to decide that people are going to be discriminated against for any number of reasons and just start holding individuals accountable instead of a nation.

Garcia Bronco
Sorry, you must be serious about your obsession. I didn't realize that. Consider this an apology.

For once you are correct. You are sorry.

KC native
That's how men make fun of other men, by calling them faqqots or referring to homosexual behavior. you didn't know this?

gay jokes are easy. Only simpletons rely on them and only them to bust other people's balls.

KC native
02-18-2010, 02:03 PM
Huh? You are the one who just tried to equate heroism with getting a green card, not me.

I did no such thing. Once again you're trying to fit what I say to what you want to perceive.

Donger
02-18-2010, 02:04 PM
I did no such thing. Once again you're trying to fit what I say to what you want to perceive.

You just wrote this: "Yes. Unlike you, there are thousands of Mexican citizens who have served in our military to gain citizenship."

What's heroic about that?

Mr. Flopnuts
gay jokes are easy. Only simpletons rely on them and only them to bust other people's balls.

Leave my balls out of this, pillowbiter.

<<<<<<<< Not the sharpest tool in the shed. But definitely the biggest. :p

MVChiefFan
Yeah but we as a world are mean to fat and ugly people too.

At some point we will have to decide that people are going to be discriminated against for any number of reasons and just start holding individuals accountable instead of a nation.

No argument here. I'm one of those dreamers that wish everyone could just get along. I know that sounded Rodney King-ish. :D

KC native
02-18-2010, 02:12 PM
You just wrote this: "Yes. Unlike you, there are thousands of Mexican citizens who have served in our military to gain citizenship."

What's heroic about that?

Do you feel our servicemen are heroes for just being servicemen?

Donger
02-18-2010, 02:14 PM
Do you feel our servicemen are heroes for just being servicemen?

No.

JD10367
02-18-2010, 02:18 PM
Leave my balls out of this, pillowbiter.

<<<<<<<< Not the sharpest tool in the shed. But definitely the biggest. :p

TTIUW... oh, uh, never mind, we don't want to see you post pics of your willy.

(You can PM 'em, though.) :D

KC native
02-18-2010, 02:18 PM
No.

How convenient. Regardless, if you take the time (and I know you won't), there are several that you can find. So again, go fuck yourself for denigrating their service.

Donger
02-18-2010, 02:19 PM
How convenient. Regardless, if you take the time (and I know you won't), there are several that you can find. So again, go **** yourself for denigrating their service.

Wait, so you do think that a Mexican national (who I presume you mean is here illegally) who signs up to serve in our military is being heroic?

Yes or no?

KC native
02-18-2010, 02:22 PM
Wait, so you do think that a Mexican national (who I presume you mean is here illegally) who signs up to serve in our military is being heroic?

Yes or no?

They have to be legal to sign up for service. I know you hate to hear that because you're trying to turn this into a thread about illegal immigration.

Beyond that, yes I do. I consider all our servicemen to be heroes because they do a job that I nor you would do.

King_Chief_Fan
02-18-2010, 02:23 PM
Based of what you describe...if it happens to everybody...then its at least fair.

good point, that would mean discrimination does not exist...everyone gets shit on

Nzoner
02-18-2010, 02:27 PM
Wow,this way this thread's going someone's going to need to call the ambulamps

Molitoth
02-18-2010, 02:28 PM
Haha i think its hilarious.

JD10367
02-18-2010, 02:28 PM
Yes. Unlike you, there are thousands of Mexican citizens who have served in our military to gain citizenship[/COLOR][/B].

They have to be legal to sign up for service.

So what you're saying is that they're legal immigrants, not yet U.S. citizens, and if they join the U.S. military they get citizenship? That's kinda f**ked up. I mean, first of all, it seems like a nice loophole for terrorists. Second of all, it's kind of like blackmail, and you could also see it as being very mercenary-like (except instead of cash they get citizenship).

Then again, we're also talking about a country (the U.S.) where you can join the military at 17 but can't vote until 18 and can't drink until 21... :shrug:

Donger
02-18-2010, 02:29 PM
They have to be legal to sign up for service. I know you hate to hear that because you're trying to turn this into a thread about illegal immigration.

Beyond that, yes I do. I consider all our servicemen to be heroes because they do a job that I nor you would do.

Oh, so you were referring to Mexican nationals who already have permanent residency status?

And, if that's your definition of hero, I suppose we'll just have to disagree. Heck, many folks say that about illegal immigrants (just doing the jobs you or I wouldn't want to do). I presume that you don't consider illegal aliens to be heroes?

JD10367
02-18-2010, 02:30 PM
Wow,this way this thread's going someone's going to need to call the ambulamps

http://www.jimjambo.com/ThatsRacist2.gif

KC native
02-18-2010, 02:30 PM
So what you're saying is that they're legal immigrants, not yet U.S. citizens, and if they join the U.S. military they get citizenship? That's kinda f**ked up. I mean, first of all, it seems like a nice loophole for terrorists. Second of all, it's kind of like blackmail, and you could also see it as being very mercenary-like (except instead of cash they get citizenship).

Then again, we're also talking about a country (the U.S.) where you can join the military at 17 but can't vote until 18 and can't drink until 21... :shrug:

They can't become officers and they have to make it through the legal immigration process.

KC native
02-18-2010, 02:31 PM
Oh, so you were referring to Mexican nationals who already have permanent residency status?

And, if that's your definition of hero, I suppose we'll just have to disagree. Heck, many folks say that about illegal immigrants (just doing the jobs you or I wouldn't want to do). I presume that you don't consider illegal aliens to be heroes?

and there it is.

Donger
02-18-2010, 02:32 PM
Hey KC native, what do you think of this?

http://www.inthesetimes.com/article/3271/illegal_immigrants_uncle_sam_wants_you/

Donger
02-18-2010, 02:32 PM
and there it is.

There what is?

KC native
02-18-2010, 02:34 PM
Hey KC native, what do you think of this?

http://www.inthesetimes.com/article/3271/illegal_immigrants_uncle_sam_wants_you/

The proper response here is, "go fuck yourself and die."

KC native
02-18-2010, 02:34 PM
There what is?

an attempt to hijack the thread

Donger
02-18-2010, 02:37 PM
The proper response here is, "go **** yourself and die."

Hmmm. I would have thought that the proper response would have been, "Gee, Donger, I guess I was wrong. Sorry."

Donger
02-18-2010, 02:39 PM
an attempt to hijack the thread

Well, you just gave your definition of hero as being doing the job that others don't want to do. Many pro-illegal types give that as justification of illegals being here.

So, I'm merely trying to ascertain whether or not you think illegals are heroes.

KC native
02-18-2010, 02:39 PM
Hmmm. I would have thought that the proper response would have been, "Gee, Donger, I guess I was wrong. Sorry."

ROFL You couldn't be more wrong. GFY and then die is the proper response.

KC native
02-18-2010, 02:41 PM
Well, you just gave your definition of hero as being doing the job that others don't want to do. Many pro-illegal types give that as justification of illegals being here.

So, I'm merely trying to ascertain whether or not you think illegals are heroes.

No, that's the definition you wanted to twist out of my words so you can play silly semantic games.

ChiefaRoo
02-18-2010, 02:49 PM
I really like purple drink.

Donger
02-18-2010, 02:55 PM
Is asking someone to f*ck themselves considered gay or not?

vailpass
02-18-2010, 03:00 PM
Like I said, go **** yourself. I guess our servicemen are only heroes when it fits your political purpose huh?

ROFL Senor Bullsheet el Frijole has his pancho in a bunch.

HoneyBadger
everyone needs to stop being so sensitive. Everyone gets made fun of, grow a pair and get over it...
Posted via Mobile Device

JD10367
I sense a pattern on this site. After about a page, whatever the topic is, it degenerates into a bitchslapfest between two regulars who apparently hate each other and apparently routinely argue over the same point(s). It's like Thunderdome meets Groundhog Day.

KC native
02-18-2010, 03:01 PM
ROFL Senor Bullsheet el Frijole has his pancho in a bunch.

Hi vail, finished your daily burning of the cross already?

vailpass
02-18-2010, 03:04 PM
Hi vail, finished your daily burning of the cross already?

Nah I have some Rio Grande swimmers that do that sort of thing for me.
How's tricks in the degenerate pot smoker underemployed food stamp collecting world?

Donger
02-18-2010, 03:05 PM
That reminds me, what was the result of that poll between KC native and vailpass?

Buck
02-18-2010, 03:12 PM
I understand if you don't want to answer this Donger, but I want to know if you are a citizen of the U.S.?

Donger
02-18-2010, 03:16 PM
I understand if you don't want to answer this Donger, but I want to know if you are a citizen of the U.S.?

I am indeed. Second-class, mind you, but still a proud citizen.

Buck
02-18-2010, 03:19 PM

Not that its relevant to anything here, I just always wondered.

JD10367
02-18-2010, 03:21 PM

So you're a white, straight male with middle income? :D /FanningTheFlamesMode

Donger
02-18-2010, 03:22 PM
So you're a white, straight male with middle income? :D /FanningTheFlamesMode

I'm a naturalized citizen.

KC native
02-18-2010, 03:22 PM

How the fuck are you a second class citizen?

Donger
02-18-2010, 03:23 PM
How the **** are you a second class citizen?

See 158.

KC native
02-18-2010, 03:24 PM
See 158.

You're going to have to justify how a naturalized citizen is a second class citizen. I'm not following.

Hootie
02-18-2010, 03:25 PM
sounds about right

Donger
02-18-2010, 03:25 PM
You're going to have to justify how a naturalized citizen is a second class citizen. I'm not following.

Pop quiz: what office am I forbidden to hold?

KC native
02-18-2010, 03:27 PM
Pop quiz: what office am I forbidden to hold?

The presidency. I fail to see how you not being able to hold the presidency makes you a second class citizen.

Hootie
02-18-2010, 03:28 PM
I don't consider myself racist...but if someone wants to act like a ... then I'm not afraid to think to myself, "wow, I'm going to get stabbed!" or "wow, I'm going to get robbed!"...

If I dressed like an idiot and acted like a fool in public I'd expect no different...

Shit, the black people I like that I work with hate hanging out at certain places around here because the people we're talking about can't behave themselves and it makes them feel like idiots since they get lumped in with that shit.

Donger
02-18-2010, 03:29 PM
The presidency. I fail to see how you not being able to hold the presidency makes you a second class citizen.

Because I am not afforded all the same opportunities, by law, as a native born.

Buck
02-18-2010, 03:30 PM
So, let me bring up another non-relevant question while I'm at it.

If you are born to 2 American Citizen Parents while they are in vacation in Canada, and only spend 1 day in Canada before coming home, does this mean you have to be Naturalized to become a U.S. citizen?

Can you be president in this case?

Donger
02-18-2010, 03:30 PM
I just realized something: not only am I being discriminated against, I'm being discriminated against by "the man!"

Oh boy, I'm going to form a protest group and have a march or something.

Hootie
02-18-2010, 03:31 PM
of course...

a lot of my stereotypes come from living in Chicago for a year and a half...

Black and white people in Champaign are generally all pretty much the same...everyone goes to school around here and everyone was raised with some sort of manner system and decency...probably equal white trash around here as the black people, that's for sure...

Now the Asians...since this is an engineering school...

Holy shit the Asians...

The Asians drive me insane.

KC native
02-18-2010, 03:31 PM
Because I am not afforded all the same opportunities, by law, as a native born.

You were aware of this when you started the citizenship process, correct?

Hootie
02-18-2010, 03:32 PM
and that's all I have to say about that.

JD10367

If you are born to 2 American Citizen Parents while they are in vacation in Canada, and only spend 1 day in Canada before coming home, does this mean you have to be Naturalized to become a U.S. citizen?

I always thought that babies born outside the U.S. automatically get dual citizenship. Could be wrong, though. I usually am.

KC native

Yes, there's an exception for situations like that.

Donger

There are a bunch of laws covering who is a natural-born citizen. In fact, due to Obama's parentage (his father was not a US citizen), we went over this in DC quite a bit last year.

But, in the case of a child being born overseas to two US citizens, yes, that child is almost always a US citizen (natural-born) at birth, regardless of where.

Buck
I don't consider myself racist...but if someone wants to act like a ... then I'm not afraid to think to myself, "wow, I'm going to get stabbed!" or "wow, I'm going to get robbed!"...

If I dressed like an idiot and acted like a fool in public I'd expect no different...

Shit, the black people I like that I work with hate hanging out at certain places around here because the people we're talking about can't behave themselves and it makes them feel like idiots since they get lumped in with that shit.

Well, I consider you a racist. At least some of the shit you say is racist. Maybe you are just trying to be funny?

Donger
02-18-2010, 03:33 PM
You were aware of this when you started the citizenship process, correct?

Sure.

Buck
02-18-2010, 03:34 PM
I always thought that babies born outside the U.S. automatically get dual citizenship. Could be wrong, though. I usually am.

Yes, there's an exception for situations like that.

There are a bunch of laws covering who is a natural-born citizen. In fact, due to Obama's parentage (his father was not a US citizen), we went over this in DC quite a bit last year.

But, in the case of a child being born overseas to two US citizens, yes, that child is almost always a US citizen (natural-born) at birth, regardless of where.

Thanks for Clearing that up. Unfortunately, I dont go in the DC all that often.

Donger
02-18-2010, 03:35 PM
Let's put it this way: A couple of illegals cross the Rio Grande and the female squirts out a baby on the north shore. That baby is a natural-born US citizen, and can be POTUS. Why should that child be afforded the right, by law, to one day become POTUS whereas a legal immigrant who is naturalized cannot?

KC native
02-18-2010, 03:35 PM
Sure.

Yet you carried through with the process. If you felt you were a second class citizen, why did you continue with the process?

Beyond that, do you think it's wise to allow the highest office in our country to possibly be ran by a foreign agent? You know, someone like you who might have higher loyalties to another country.

KC native
02-18-2010, 03:36 PM
Let's put it this way: A couple of illegals cross the Rio Grande and the female squirts out a baby on the north shore. That baby is a natural-born US citizen, and can be POTUS. Why should that child be afforded the right, by law, to one day become POTUS whereas a legal immigrant who is naturalized cannot?

sour grapes, huh?

Donger
02-18-2010, 03:37 PM
Yet you carried through with the process. If you felt you were a second class citizen, why did you continue with the process?

Beyond that, do you think it's wise to allow the highest office in our country to possibly be ran by a foreign agent? You know, someone like you who might have higher loyalties to another country.

Because that is all the law let's me be. If there were another option, trust me, I would have taken it. That's what legal immigrants do, see?

See my above post. Do you think that child of illegals might have some allegiance to Mexico?

KCGridironBeast
Two points:

1) I'd almost guarantee that given that this was an off campus party, there were just as many non-Greeks behind it as Greeks. Universities and media joints love to get bent out of shape targeting Greeks as the root of all evil...if there's any way a problem can be linked to or blamed on Greeks, they'll do it.

2) This party is targeting a specific group of black people that are stereotyped as acting in a thuggish manner - that is, the people of Compton. However, I have seen numerous parties targeting a specific group of Italians that are stereotyped as acting in a guido-ish manner (aka Jersey Shore parties) at my college. I don't see a single news report on those or anybody being asked to apologize to Italians everywhere.

No one is claiming that whoever threw the party is being insensitive to Italians, and while I do understand that this party occurred during Black History month, I guarantee you that if/when Jersey Shore parties are being thrown in October (National Italian American Heritage Month), we won't see a single news reports about that.

Donger
sour grapes, huh?

Not at all. I'm proud that my family immigrated legally.

JD10367
02-18-2010, 03:38 PM
http://www.freakingnews.com/pictures/30500/President-Arnold-Schwarzenegger--30868.jpg

Donger
02-18-2010, 03:39 PM
http://www.freakingnews.com/pictures/30500/President-Arnold-Schwarzenegger--30868.jpg

Hey now, at least I can pass as a natural-born with a killer accent.

Buck
02-18-2010, 03:42 PM

It makes a little sense.

The kid who was born in the US and is a citizen became a US Citizen at birth, you on the other hand could be a 25 year old anarchist who has plans of coming to America and being elected President and ruining the country.

I guess they think that there are more crazy people outside of the US.

KC native
02-18-2010, 03:44 PM
Because that is all the law let's me be. If there were another option, trust me, I would have taken it. That's what legal immigrants do, see?

See my above post. Do you think that child of illegals might have some allegiance to Mexico?

I'm sorry but you not being afforded the ability to run for the POTUS doesn't make you a second class citizen. Although this has been a major window into your animosity towards Hispanics.

JD10367
02-18-2010, 03:46 PM
It makes a little sense.

The kid who was born in the US and is a citizen became a US Citizen at birth, you on the other hand could be a 25 year old anarchist who has plans of coming to America and being elected President and ruining the country.

No worries there. The Americans who are rightfully born in this country and are elected President have done a great job of ruining the country on their own, no need for outside interference...

http://theenlighteneddespot.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/presidents5.jpg

Katipan
02-18-2010, 03:47 PM

My father was born on Vancouver Island to U.S. citizens who were on vacation. He had a dual citizenship for the longest. I always thought they did away with that and he certainly was first class :P US citizen. In a first class US Navy no less. Then he married my mother and I was born in the U.S. Then they got divorced and my mother had to take all her citizenship stuff.

So I guess my question is was she a citizen as the wife of a citizen? Or does that just mean she can hang out?

Katipan
02-18-2010, 03:47 PM
heh Canadian and Flip and I can be President before Donger.

Sweet.

Donger
02-18-2010, 03:48 PM
It makes a little sense.

Yeah, I know. For most people, the question of allegiance is the primary concern.

Donger
02-18-2010, 03:50 PM
I'm sorry but you not being afforded the ability to run for the POTUS doesn't make you a second class citizen.

Of course it does. I'm not offered the same opportunity as natural-born citizens, by law. I am being denied. Discriminated against because I wasn't born here.

Although this has been a major window into your animosity towards Hispanics.

How so (although I don't know why you think I have animosity toward Hispanics)?

Hootie
02-18-2010, 03:51 PM
Well, I consider you a racist. At least some of the shit you say is racist. Maybe you are just trying to be funny?

well I don't really care...maybe I am a racist...I have no problem liking a person from a different race as long as they aren't an idiot.

Buck
02-18-2010, 03:51 PM
Yeah, I know. For most people, the question of allegiance is the primary concern.

My response was a little Tongue and Cheek, but I'm sure that was the main concern whenever that law was put into effect back in the late 1700's or early 1800's.

Donger
02-18-2010, 03:54 PM
My response was a little Tongue and Cheek, but I'm sure that was the main concern whenever that law was put into effect back in the late 1700's or early 1800's.

Here's a little fun trivia: our first ten POTUS weren't really "natural-born" as they were born before our country existed.

JD10367
02-18-2010, 03:54 PM
I find it funny that, to become an American citizen, immigrants have to pass a test that probably 80% of Americans would fail.

Donger
02-18-2010, 03:56 PM
My father was born on Vancouver Island to U.S. citizens who were on vacation. He had a dual citizenship for the longest. I always thought they did away with that and he certainly was first class :P US citizen. In a first class US Navy no less. Then he married my mother and I was born in the U.S. Then they got divorced and my mother had to take all her citizenship stuff.

So I guess my question is was she a citizen as the wife of a citizen? Or does that just mean she can hang out?

No. Simply marrying a US citizen does not immediately grant one citizenship. It certainly makes the process easier (and shorter), however.

Donger
02-18-2010, 03:56 PM
heh Canadian and Flip and I can be President before Donger.

Sweet.

Spanking.

Buck
02-18-2010, 04:00 PM
Here's a little fun trivia: our first ten POTUS weren't really "natural-born" as they were born before our country existed.

Well yeah.

What if you are born in a U.S. Territory like Puerto Rico?

vailpass
02-18-2010, 04:04 PM
Well yeah.

Then you are likely to sign your welfare checks with spray paint.

Donger
02-18-2010, 04:08 PM
Well yeah.

Trickier, but yes, most likely still considered to be natural born. John McCAin, for example, was born in Panama.

JohninGpt
02-18-2010, 04:11 PM

My wife is a Filipina, she came to the States in '85 on a fiance visa and married her first husband. At that time she was granted permenant resident status.
Two years ago she was finally naturalized, after we had been married for 13 years (I was active Navy). So yes, she was allowed to hang out, but even if we had gotten divorced she would have still been a permenant resident.

Otter
02-18-2010, 04:26 PM
My wife is a Filipina, she came to the States in '85 on a fiance visa and married her first husband. At that time she was granted permenant resident status.
Two years ago she was finally naturalized, after we had been married for 13 years (I was active Navy). So yes, she was allowed to hang out, but even if we had gotten divorced she would have still been a permenant resident.

If she doesn't already know this I'd let sleeping dogs lie.

Pooch
02-18-2010, 05:27 PM
Have you seen the movie WHITE CHICKS? It is the one were two of the Wayne brothers dress up like two rich dumb blonde white chicks. The thing is no one made a big deal about it, it was a hit movie!! On the other hand it would be racist for two white guys to dress up as black women and protray stereotype black women!! So is it a stereotype now that whites have a better sense of humor?

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-18-2010, 05:39 PM
Have you seen the movie WHITE CHICKS? It is the one were two of the Wayne brothers dress up like two rich dumb blonde white chicks. The thing is no one made a big deal about it, it was a hit movie!! On the other hand it would be racist for two white guys to dress up as black women and protray stereotype black women!! So is it a stereotype now that whites have a better sense of humor?

Yeah, you're a dumbass.

http://www.reappropriate.com/content/soulman.jpg

Pooch
02-18-2010, 05:44 PM
No sir not a dumbass, just young!! Looked it up it is a little before my time!!

Bi_polar
02-18-2010, 05:50 PM
Newsflash frat guys make asses of themselves sometimes

ROFL

Donger
02-18-2010, 06:20 PM

This reply got me thinking. KC Native, if they are already legal (permanent residents), how does serving in the military help them get citizenship? Does it expedite the process or something? If memory serves, I had to wait seven years between getting my green card and being naturalized (and becoming a citizen).

Duck Dog
02-18-2010, 06:45 PM
Jesus Christ "you people" are sensative.

Duck Dog
02-18-2010, 06:48 PM
Liberals embrace this sort of shit when Palins retarted kid is being made fun of.

crazycoffey
02-18-2010, 07:52 PM
Trickier, but yes, most likely still considered to be natural born. John McCAin, for example, was born in Panama.

yup, my kids were born in Germany while I was on Active duty, they are natural born citizens. They could apply for dual citizenship in Germany, but I don't think it makes it any easier for them to do that, than it would be for me to.

point of observation to some of the above posts, second class is a legal term that Donger is using, not slang or meant in a way to talk down to the process.

OnTheWarpath15
02-18-2010, 09:49 PM
Jesus Christ "you people" are sensative.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tAlVKgl_zCQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tAlVKgl_zCQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Dottefan
02-19-2010, 12:19 AM

exactly, I think people have become too racially sensitive. I also agree with the "stupid kids think they're being funny" post. But seriously, kids in college now days grew up in a complete different america than every generation before them. Its got to be getting close to the time where we stop appologizing for mistakes long past.

Besides, how was it discrimination - did they specifically say only white kids could come dressed up as ghetto trash?

I was going to respond..but it just isnt worth it.

Dottefan
02-19-2010, 12:22 AM

There is a big diffrence. Whites dont have a history of being riducucled and made fun of with black face.

Dottefan
02-19-2010, 12:27 AM

So If I dress urban,and not like "chad" from the burbs..then you would be afraid of me? ..shit let me put on some ****in flip flops, wrinkled shirt and plad shorts ..when its 30 degrees out..so I dont dress like an Idiot..

Thanks for proving my point. This is why we need Black history month. Because folks tend to see us all as the SAME , just like you said, we all get lumped in together. YOu never see that with white folks. YOu have so called "white trash" and then you have the the suburban folks..but the suburban folks never get lumped in with the white trash..but us, shit if one black guy acts a certain way...then we all do.

Hootie
02-19-2010, 02:11 AM
[/COLOR]

So If I dress urban,and not like "chad" from the burbs..then you would be afraid of me? ..shit let me put on some ****in flip flops, wrinkled shirt and plad shorts ..when its 30 degrees out..so I dont dress like an Idiot..

Thanks for proving my point. This is why we need Black history month. Because folks tend to see us all as the SAME , just like you said, we all get lumped in together. YOu never see that with white folks. YOu have so called "white trash" and then you have the the suburban folks..but the suburban folks never get lumped in with the white trash..but us, shit if one black guy acts a certain way...then we all do.

I don't know man...

You're probably right.

I pre-judge a lot of black people but it doesn't take much to change my mind...

all I know is the few black people I interact with pretty much are as racist towards the people I'm talking about as I am...they talk about not being able to go here and there because of all the black people that act like total lunatics.

and yeah white people do the same thing but lets be real...it's not even close to the same ratio...

like Whitlock says...

it's the black KKK that brings down the black people these days

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-19-2010, 04:34 AM
Then you are likely to sign your welfare checks with spray paint.

:facepalm:

El Jefe
02-19-2010, 07:55 AM

No doubt, the majority of my family lives in North Carolina, and as kids we always ate fried chicken, watermelon, kool-aid, corn bread, and collard greens. I still to this day love all that food, never was a big fan of collard greens though.

Dottefan
02-19-2010, 10:19 AM
I don't know man...

You're probably right.

I pre-judge a lot of black people but it doesn't take much to change my mind...

all I know is the few black people I interact with pretty much are as racist towards the people I'm talking about as I am...they talk about not being able to go here and there because of all the black people that act like total lunatics.

and yeah white people do the same thing but lets be real...it's not even close to the same ratio...

like Whitlock says...

it's the black KKK that brings down the black people these days

Your right..white folks dont go shooting random people. They dont molest and rap and kidnap kids. They dont produce , sell and distrubute meth. They dont destroy an entire countrys economy because of greed...your right..its not even close to the same ratio.

Dottefan
02-19-2010, 10:24 AM
No doubt, the majority of my family lives in North Carolina, and as kids we always ate fried chicken, watermelon, kool-aid, corn bread, and collard greens. I still to this day love all that food, never was a big fan of collard greens though.

My mom is white..and she makes the best damn cornbread and beans I ever had. She also makes damn good fried chicken ,and she loooooooooooves watermelon.

Donger
02-19-2010, 10:37 AM
This reply got me thinking. KC Native, if they are already legal (permanent residents), how does serving in the military help them get citizenship? Does it expedite the process or something? If memory serves, I had to wait seven years between getting my green card and being naturalized (and becoming a citizen).

Well?

vailpass
02-19-2010, 10:43 AM
:facepalm:

Come on, you are smarter than this.

Hootie
02-19-2010, 11:28 AM
Your right..white folks dont go shooting random people. They dont molest and rap and kidnap kids. They dont produce , sell and distrubute meth. They dont destroy an entire countrys economy because of greed...your right..its not even close to the same ratio.

Nah, I didn't say that...

But you're the one who apparently doesn't get it...

You can hide from it all you want...

But the ratio of criminals from white to black isn't close.

Sorry man.

vailpass
02-19-2010, 12:33 PM
When I'm standin' at the ATM at 2 in the morning and looking' over my shoulder..
It ain't the media I'm lookin' for..

Consistent1
02-19-2010, 02:05 PM

Take it easy my man. There are a lot of black people, even females, who try to go out in public being "gangstas", loud, and shit like that. We all know that's true. I don't think you are encouraging that yourself. Kinda like that old dude doing the "Pants on the Ground" song. If anything, white people are more chickenshit in the way they express some things. Are there many punk whites who would jump a couple black kids if they thought they could get by with it? For sure is the answer to that. Perpetuating drastic stereotypes is something white people are guilty of too, but not to the degree of almost intimidation style "****a" approach stuff that SOME blacks do to white people that are scared to start. Older white people are still truly the racist ones in the end, they just never changed. The public image that is often presented that sticks out is the "balla" persona. I haven't read this whole thread, but wanted to make some comments. Who cares if these guys do this really? In a lot of ways it is just a joke and better that they just flat out make it halfway public. You won't see the older whites who are in power, and do make a practice to this day of holding blacks back, come right out and do something like this.