PDA

View Full Version : Bradford to skip combine workout.

melbar
02-18-2010, 12:16 PM
Per ESPN he will attend personal meetings but will not participate in physical tests till Oklahoma's pro-day.

Bowser
02-18-2010, 12:33 PM
He better play lights out during Oklahoma's pro day if he wants first round money.

KCrockaholic
02-18-2010, 12:36 PM
This QB class is a disaster. I don't see a single guarantee franchise guy in this class. Every year I see atleast 1, sometimes 2. But this year is just ugly. Waaay too many question marks on all of the QBs this year.l

DrRyan
02-18-2010, 12:53 PM
He better play lights out during Oklahoma's pro day if he wants first round money.

Pro days are almost always lights out. They are scripted to the players ability and liking. Secondly, it really doesn't matter much at all how his pro day goes. What it really comes down to is his shoulder and if it checks out.

Even if he were to have a terrible pro day, he is still one of the top two QBs in this sketchy QB class.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-18-2010, 01:00 PM
That's fucking pathetic. At least Clausen is recovering from a recent injury. Bradford's probably afraid to throw beyond 10 yards.

DeezNutz
02-18-2010, 01:01 PM
Bradford's probably afraid to throw beyond 10 yards.

He'll be fine with improved offensive line and wide receiver play.

Chiefnj2
02-18-2010, 01:03 PM
That's ****ing pathetic. At least Clausen is recovering from a recent injury. Bradford's probably afraid to throw beyond 10 yards.

All of a sudden you are a world renowned orthopedic surgeon.

salame
02-18-2010, 01:06 PM
what a puss

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-18-2010, 01:13 PM
All of a sudden you are a world renowned orthopedic surgeon.

It doesn't require a doctor to know that a grade-3 AC joint sprain is not a 4-6 month injury.

Brian Griese finished the fucking game he played in with the same injury, then missed a total of a month. Then again, he's not a pussy shit bitch.

Of course, given that the wind beneath your wings, Colt McCoy, suffered a similar injury to the labial folds of his body in the NC game, I can see why you'd be defensive about such a scratch.

Chiefnj2
02-18-2010, 01:19 PM
It doesn't require a doctor to know that a grade-3 AC joint sprain is not a 4-6 month injury.

Brian Griese finished the ****ing game he played in with the same injury, then missed a total of a month. Then again, he's not a pussy shit bitch.

Of course, given that the wind beneath your wings, Colt McCoy, suffered a similar injury to the labial folds of his body in the NC game, I can see why you'd be defensive about such a scratch.

I guess you know more than James Andrews. Oh wait, you don't, you're just full of crap like usual:

* This afternoon, the representatives for Sam Bradford (Tom Condon and Ben Dogra of CAA Sports) sent an email to all 32 teams informing them that Bradford will fully participate in the medical examinations, interview process and wonderlic testing at the combine. Based on the advice of Dr. James Andrews, he will not participate in any football drills or physical activities in Indianapolis. Bradford will have his own pro day workout on March 25th at the University of Oklahoma. He will not be in attendance for the Sooners pro day on March 9th.

* A letter from Dr. Andrews was attached in the email distributed to the teams. In that letter, Andrews mentions that Bradford is ahead of schedule in his recovery from shoulder surgery. He writes that Sam has been increasing the distance on his throws weekly and is on schedule to fully participate at the pro day workout in late March.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-18-2010, 01:30 PM
Wow, he got a Dr.'s note excusing him from physical activity. Congratulations, your future NFL quarterback is like the fat asthmatic kid in gym class.

He didn't tear his ACL, he didn't even tear his labrum. This is a short-term injury.

Chiefnj2
02-18-2010, 01:43 PM
Wow, he got a Dr.'s note excusing him from physical activity. Congratulations, your future NFL quarterback is like the fat asthmatic kid in gym class.

He didn't tear his ACL, he didn't even tear his labrum. This is a short-term injury.

It's always been a 4-6 month rehab.
Posted October 25, 2009:

Oklahoma: Bradford entering 2010 draft
The official website of the Oklahoma Sooners announced the news that NFL scouts had been expecting: Sam Bradford will undergo season-ending shoulder surgery and, assuming his rehabilitation goes as expected, will be entering the 2010 NFL Draft.

The injury -- a sprained AC joint of his right (throwing) shoulder -- initially occurred in Oklahoma's opening season loss to BYU, Bradford came back for a tune-up against Baylor, but only made it to the second offensive series for the Sooners before going down against the Texas pass rush.

The noted surgeon, Dr. James Andrews, will be performing the surgery on Wednesday. The expected rehabilitation is 4-6 months. With the draft approximately 7 months away, Bradford is hopeful to have enough time to work out for scouts prior to draft, whether at the Combine or in a personal Pro Day workout later.

Mr. Laz
02-18-2010, 02:12 PM
i think the hurts Bradford draft status

usually the top QB doesn't have to workout but with his injury issue being so fresh they won't help.

tyton75
02-18-2010, 02:25 PM

I take offense on behalf of all fat asthmatic kids in gym class! :)

Chiefnj2
02-18-2010, 02:26 PM
i think the hurts Bradford draft status

usually the top QB doesn't have to workout but with his injury issue being so fresh they won't help.

Teams will make their decision on Bradford based on (a) the physical, (b) private workouts where he is asked to retain and run plays from the teams playbook, and (c) his college play and demeanor.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-18-2010, 02:43 PM
It's always been a 4-6 month rehab.
Posted October 25, 2009:

Oklahoma: Bradford entering 2010 draft
The official website of the Oklahoma Sooners announced the news that NFL scouts had been expecting: Sam Bradford will undergo season-ending shoulder surgery and, assuming his rehabilitation goes as expected, will be entering the 2010 NFL Draft.

The injury -- a sprained AC joint of his right (throwing) shoulder -- initially occurred in Oklahoma's opening season loss to BYU, Bradford came back for a tune-up against Baylor, but only made it to the second offensive series for the Sooners before going down against the Texas pass rush.

The noted surgeon, Dr. James Andrews, will be performing the surgery on Wednesday. The expected rehabilitation is 4-6 months. With the draft approximately 7 months away, Bradford is hopeful to have enough time to work out for scouts prior to draft, whether at the Combine or in a personal Pro Day workout later.

Let's take the doctor's note at face value, then.

He's "ahead of schedule", but still not able to throw despite the fact that it's been 4 months.

It's bullshit doublespeak.

mylittlepony
02-18-2010, 02:51 PM
I dont know how much it will do to his value. The combine is a fun event but its alot about the fans and for the players who are abit unknown to shine. Guys like Bradford will get a personal workout from any team that wants a QB and that will be 80% of the data they draft him on.

BigCatDaddy
02-18-2010, 03:15 PM
Nothing much here. The top QB's usually don't go. Stafford didn't last year and Ryan didn't throw there the year before; Sanchez going was the exception to the rule.

DrRyan
02-18-2010, 03:27 PM
Going to have to side with Dr. Andrews on this one Hamas. It is obvious you don't like Sam "the spread monkey" Bradford as a NFL prospect, neither do I for that matter.

What does he have to gain by working out at the combine? IMO not much. He and Clausen are the top two QBs in this draft regardless of what they do or fail to do at the combine(if they were participating which neither is) or their pro days.

Which would you choose if you had the choice for you next job interview? One that you get the chance to script and show your talents as you see fit or the one you have zero control over?

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-18-2010, 04:08 PM
Nothing much here. The top QB's usually don't go. Stafford didn't last year and Ryan didn't throw there the year before; Sanchez going was the exception to the rule.

Bradford's not the rock solid top QB.

The consensus 2nd QBs, Sanchez and Flacco, both threw the last two years.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-18-2010, 04:10 PM
Going to have to side with Dr. Andrews on this one Hamas. It is obvious you don't like Sam "the spread monkey" Bradford as a NFL prospect, neither do I for that matter.

What does he have to gain by working out at the combine? IMO not much. He and Clausen are the top two QBs in this draft regardless of what they do or fail to do at the combine(if they were participating which neither is) or their pro days.

Which would you choose if you had the choice for you next job interview? One that you get the chance to script and show your talents as you see fit or the one you have zero control over?

Everyone lamented about how much Sanchez bombed the combine (which was fucking bullshit, BTW) and how it would kill his stock. Didn't happen.

If I have a guy who has injury and toughness questions, I don't want him skipping out on workouts to protect himself. That just raises another flag.

Bradford is a soft bitch. He always has been.

I want to see something out of a QB other than the ability to imitate Jason White and Josh Heupel.

Mecca
02-18-2010, 04:11 PM
Some people are railing Clausen saying he's the 2nd QB so he should throw, even though he has a pretty serious injury he's not recovered from.

The fact is right now there is no clear cut #1 QB when one opted out the other should too.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-18-2010, 04:14 PM
Bradford opted out because he can't make the throws you have to make in those workouts.

BigChiefFan
02-18-2010, 04:14 PM
Bradford's accuracy is uncanny. If he could ride the pine for a year, I believe he'll be a quality QB in the league for a long time. If he's healthy, I think he's the consensus top QB.

Mecca
02-18-2010, 04:15 PM
It's pretty hard to judge accuracy when he played in that system and threw to guys running wide open.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-18-2010, 04:19 PM
Bradford's accuracy is uncanny. If he could ride the pine for a year, I believe he'll be a quality QB in the league for a long time. If he's healthy, I think he's the consensus top QB.

Yes, he was truly amazing at lobbing 5 yard rainbows to wide open receivers while being protected by three First Team AA offensive linemen.

Of course, given the history of success of Stoops' QBs, and his otherwordly physical toughness, how could you not pass on a <del>car salesman</del> QB with that much upside?

BigCatDaddy
02-18-2010, 07:04 PM
It's pretty hard to judge accuracy when he played in that system and threw to guys running wide open.

This is the biggest misconception I've seen regarding him. Go watch the Florida tape and tape from the games he played this year before he go hurt. He was fitting the ball into tight spaces on well covered receivers, they just couldn't catch it because OU's receivers couldn't catch a cold this year much like the Chiefs.

BigCatDaddy
02-18-2010, 07:06 PM
Some people are railing Clausen saying he's the 2nd QB so he should throw, even though he has a pretty serious injury he's not recovered from.

The fact is right now there is no clear cut #1 QB when one opted out the other should too.

Both guys are slated as high picks. From a financial perspective, the smart thing to do for both them would be to throw to their guys on their home turf for the scouts. This goes for both.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-18-2010, 07:06 PM
they just couldn't catch it because OU's receivers couldn't catch a cold this year much like the Chiefs.

Bradford played like 7 quarters this year, retard.

Last year, he had Iglesias, Gresham, Murray, Brown, all of whom who were great receiving threats.

BigCatDaddy
02-18-2010, 07:07 PM
Yes, he was truly amazing at lobbing 5 yard rainbows to wide open receivers while being protected by three First Team AA offensive linemen.

Of course, given the history of success of Stoops' QBs, and his otherwordly physical toughness, how could you not pass on a <del>car salesman</del> QB with that much upside?

See post #27. Again this is not true.

BigChiefFan
02-18-2010, 07:10 PM

MISNOMER, on your part. I've seen every collegiate game, he's ever played in and most in person. It's okay to disagree, but your statement, is over the top, falsehoods.

BigCatDaddy
02-18-2010, 07:12 PM
Bradford played like 7 quarters this year, retard.

Last year, he had Iglesias, Gresham, Murray, Brown, all of whom who were great receiving threats.

Rewatch the Florida game bro and the games he did play this year. Also let's not pretend like he is the only guy throwing the NFL prospects and the one's he was throwing to aren't that great.

BigCatDaddy
02-18-2010, 07:13 PM
MISNOMER, on your part. I've seen every collegiate game, he's ever played in and most in person. It's okay to disagree, but your statement, is over the top, falsehoods.

It's amazing how love or hate for a player can cloud the truth.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-18-2010, 07:14 PM
See post #27. Again this is not true.

Post 27 is completely stupid. Bradford didn't play at all this year, and when he played in the past, he was surrounded by talent.

The two games where he had any pressure in his face (Florida, Texas) he shit his pants.

Bradford completed 10% fewer of his passes against Florida than he did for the year, threw two back breaking interceptions that cost his team the game, and his team scored a whopping 14 points despite setting an NCAA record for scoring against the soft ass defenses of the BXII.

That's an awful fucking game for comparison.

By the way, some retard once posted a YouTube vid of every throw of his in that game, I've seen them. There's not one NFL throw in there, aside from an attempt at a post route that turned into an INT.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-18-2010, 07:16 PM
BTW, if you want to, go bump the BCS title thread from January '09. You'll see the same criticism then, too.

Well that, and additional barbs because he can't read a defense and needs his coaches to tell him what play to call once the defense is set.

BigChiefFan
02-18-2010, 07:24 PM

Of course, given the history of success of Stoops' QBs, and his otherwordly physical toughness, how could you not pass on a <del>car salesman</del> QB with that much upside? OU isn't known for their QBs, thus making your Stoops comment rife with sarcasm.

Just because a coach isn't known for developing NFL QBs, doesn't mean one, can't still be on the roster and DEVELOP under his tutelege. Surely, you aren't suggesting, Bradford regressed in play, as time went on. Playing for a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP, says, otherwise, in my book.

OU went to Hell, after Bradford got hurt, that should tell you, a little about his talent level. It's not even close, after he went down. Look at the record, with Bradford and without.

Then look at his stats, that's not some pud, getting lucky, that's TALENT.

BigChiefFan
02-18-2010, 07:29 PM
It's amazing how love or hate for a player can cloud the truth.

Okay.

If you are inferring me, as being clouded, I could see how that's a fair critisism, but I would say that about Bradford, if he played at any other sizeable program. His accuracy is hard to ignore, regardless of school.

I've jumped the gun before about a few other players in the past, but I usually have a pretty good eye for talent that make the transition.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-18-2010, 07:30 PM
OU isn't known for their QBs, thus making your Stoops comment rife with sarcasm.

No fucking shit.

Just because a coach isn't known for developing NFL QBs, doesn't mean one, can't still be on the roster and DEVELOP under his tutelege. Surely, you aren't suggesting, Bradford regressed in play, as time went on. Playing for a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP, says, otherwise, in my book.

I'm not saying he regressed, I'm saying he played his worst games against his best competition and literally shit himself in his two biggest games.

OU went to Hell, after Bradford got hurt, that should tell you, a little about his talent level. It's not even close, after he went down. Look at the record, with Bradford and without.

Then look at his stats, that's not some pud, getting lucky, that's TALENT.

Correlation does not imply causation. Your logic is awful

No Iglesias
No Gresham
No Loadholt
No Robinson

But yes, because Andre Ware, Timmy Chang, Ty Detmer, Graham Harrell, and David Klingler put up stats they must have talent.

Yeah, Bradford was a really good college QB. So were Gino Toretta, Ken Dorsey, and all of the aforementioned bums.

There's no similarity between the college spread offense and the NFL.

BigCatDaddy
02-18-2010, 07:31 PM
By the way, some retard once posted a YouTube vid of every throw of his in that game, I've seen them. There's not one NFL throw in there, aside from an attempt at a post route that turned into an INT.

That's the one that sticks out in my mind as a NFL Elite level pass. He stood tall in the pocket with pressure ni his face while delivering a strike 20 yards down field in a 6 inch window only to have it bounce of Iglesias's hands.

Same thing against BYU in the first half. Tight windows with pressure in his face. The WR's just couldn't catch it.

BigCatDaddy
02-18-2010, 07:33 PM
Okay.

If you are inferring me, as being clouded, I could see how that's a fair critisism, but I would say that about Bradford, if he played at any other sizeable program. His accuracy is hard to ignore, regardless of school.

I've jumped the gun before about a few other players in the past, but I usually have a pretty good eye for talent that make the transition.

I was referring to Mecca and Hamas. Sanchez has a 63 QB rating and we missed the boat somehow and Bradford is a sure fire bust because he is a Big 12 QB LMAO

BigChiefFan
02-18-2010, 07:34 PM
I mis-read your original post.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-18-2010, 07:35 PM
Bradford is a shitty prospect because he's frail, has no experience playing in a pro style offense, can't read a defense, and cannot make NFL throws.

He, like Harrell, Heupel, White, Daniel, etc, are all stats, no talent.

BigCatDaddy
02-18-2010, 07:38 PM
Andre Ware, Timmy Chang, Ty Detmer, Graham Harrell, and David Klingler

Yeah, Bradford was a really good college QB. So were Gino Toretta, Ken Dorsey, and all of the aforementioned bums.

There's no similarity between the college spread offense and the NFL.[/QUOTE]

And NFL teams all had all those guys projected being drafter where? They have Bradford being projected where? You can't just eliminate a guy because he put up good college numbers bro. You forget to mention guys like Rivers and Brees that were both in the gun like 90% of the time.

BigCatDaddy
02-18-2010, 07:40 PM
Bradford is a shitty prospect because he's frail, has no experience playing in a pro style offense, can't read a defense, and cannot make NFL throws.

He, like Harrell, Heupel, White, Daniel, etc, are all stats, no talent.

I'll give you the injury questions. Like I said Rivers and Brees were both shotgun QB's and made the transition quite nicely. He can make all the throws I've watched every OU game since his freshman year. Not 1 Rookie QB is going to be good at reading NFL defenses, just ask Mark Sanchez and his 63 QB rating.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-18-2010, 07:45 PM
I'll give you the injury questions. Like I said Rivers and Brees were both shotgun QB's and made the transition quite nicely. He can make all the throws I've watched every OU game since his freshman year. Not 1 Rookie QB is going to be good at reading NFL defenses, just ask Mark Sanchez and his 63 QB rating.

Brees took 4 years to make a transition, and Rivers did not play in a BXII Shotgun spread where he made no downfield throws.

Those are poor comparisons.

Shotgun QBs are not always Spread QBs.

Again, you are working in absolutes and false binaries. It's not that a rookie QB is gonna be Peyton Manning, but if he comes from a Pro Style offense, you know that he can make reads.

Bradford's offense does not require him to go through progressions. It's a single read system most of the time, and rarely more than a two read system.

We'll also ignore the fact that he's shown no ability to make a proper 3, 5, or 7 step drop, or operate under center.

BigChiefFan
02-18-2010, 07:46 PM
No ****ing shit.

I'm not saying he regressed, I'm saying he played his worst games against his best competition and literally shit himself in his two biggest games.

Correlation does not imply causation. Your logic is awful

No Iglesias
No Gresham
No Loadholt
No Robinson

But yes, because Andre Ware, Timmy Chang, Ty Detmer, Graham Harrell, and David Klingler put up stats they must have talent.

I'm basing my opinion of Bradford based on his PLAY and mainly his accuracy. I, believe, regardless of system, he still has the talent level to make the transition.

I also would say, the OU players you mentioned, get more credit than they deserve, as being some kind of UNGOLDLY WEAPONS, that some how gives Bradford an unfair advantage. That's a reach, in my book.

Iglesias, was GOOD, not some major NFL talent. Gresham was INJURED, last year, so not used as a weapon for long in '09. The O-lineman, you mentioned, were long gone in
'09. and, YET, OU WAS STILL a FAVORITE to compete for a national championship, Bradford's a big reason for that.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-18-2010, 07:47 PM
Andre Ware, Timmy Chang, Ty Detmer, Graham Harrell, and David Klingler

And NFL teams all had all those guys projected being drafter where? They have Bradford being projected where? You can't just eliminate a guy because he put up good college numbers bro. You forget to mention guys like Rivers and Brees that were both in the gun like 90% of the time.[/quote]

Klingler, and Ware top 10 picks and considered better prospects than Bradford.

Mecca
02-18-2010, 07:49 PM
Alex Smith went #1 overall how'd that work out?

A guy not being from a pro style offense and not making NFL throws sets him back in a huge way, you can bring up Sanchez all you like if he had gone back to SC and was in this class he'd be the #1 QB.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-18-2010, 07:52 PM
I'm basing my opinion of Bradford based on his PLAY and mainly his accuracy. I, believe, regardless of system, he still has the talent level to make the transition.

I also would say, the OU players you mentioned, get more credit than they deserve, as being some kind of UNGOLDLY WEAPONS, that some how gives Bradford an unfair advantage. That's a reach, in my book.

Iglesias, was GOOD, not some major NFL talent. Gresham was INJURED, last year, so not used as a weapon for long in '09. The O-lineman, you mentioned, were long gone in
'09. and, YET, OU WAS STILL a FAVORITE to compete for a national championship, Bradford's a big reason for that.

So, because the media hyped the defending Heisman trophy winner (shocker) and overrated his team, that means he's worthy of that praise?

:facepalm:

Iglesias was a good college WR
Gresham was the best player on that offense
Loadholt, Robinson, and Williams were all elite college OL

Not to mention the fact that he had two 800 yard rushers.

BigChiefFan
02-18-2010, 07:57 PM
So, because the media hyped the defending Heisman trophy winner (shocker) and overrated his team, that means he's worthy of that praise?

I believe he was hyped because of his play. I also believe his play, is what landed him the HT.

I'm not saying, he's the second coming, but I do think he's going to be a good pro, and part of is due to his accuracy. I believe accuracy is the most important skill a QB can have.

Just my take, man.

It's been fun and it's been real, but I'm not sure, it's been real fun.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-18-2010, 07:58 PM
Bradford should go to a team that runs the WCO and be allowed to sit for 2-3 years like Kolb.

That's the only way I see him being successful.

Mecca
02-18-2010, 08:01 PM
On top of the system issues, the issue is, this is a guy that never got hit and as soon as he got hit, he got hurt.

BigCatDaddy
02-18-2010, 08:50 PM
And NFL teams all had all those guys projected being drafter where? They have Bradford being projected where? You can't just eliminate a guy because he put up good college numbers bro. You forget to mention guys like Rivers and Brees that were both in the gun like 90% of the time.

Klingler, and Ware top 10 picks and considered better prospects than Bradford.[/QUOTE]

Considered by who? Link please?

BigCatDaddy
02-18-2010, 08:53 PM
On top of the system issues, the issue is, this is a guy that never got hit and as soon as he got hit, he got hurt.

That wasn't the first time he had ever been hit and it wasn't like he fell down on his shoulder without a 250lb LB right on top of him. It was a good shot, but yeah, I'm concerned about his durability as well. That's my main concern.

BigCatDaddy
02-18-2010, 08:54 PM

Gresham is overhyped a bit as are a lot of OU players. Bradford was the best player on that offense however.

Mecca
02-18-2010, 09:02 PM
Gresham is most likely the best NFL player from that team, he had come out last year he was easily a top 15 pick.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-18-2010, 09:07 PM
Considered by who? Link please?

Klingler was picked 6th overall, Ware was picked 7th.

How do you not know this?

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-18-2010, 09:08 PM
Gresham is overhyped a bit as are a lot of OU players. Bradford was the best player on that offense however.

http://4gifs.com/gallery/d/129150-1/Tom_Cruise_crazy_laugh.gif

BigChiefFan
02-18-2010, 09:15 PM
Looks like more than just a few passes longer than 5 yards...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztPkDsOlGzU

;)

Mecca
02-18-2010, 09:18 PM
I didn't say he threw 5 yard passes, I said he threw passes to guys who were open by 5 yards, which is pretty heavily illustrated in that video.

It's hard to judge accuracy when he doesn't have to make tight throws.

BigChiefFan
02-18-2010, 09:27 PM
I didn't say he threw 5 yard passes, I said he threw passes to guys who were open by 5 yards, which is pretty heavily illustrated in that video.

It's hard to judge accuracy when he doesn't have to make tight throws.You obviously didn't watch the video in it's entirety, since he tightropes a few in there and almost all of those passes are what we see in the NFL, every week. He looked off receivers and threw the ball accurately.

You'll also note, that over half of those highlight catches are by, players, other than the ones touted here tonight, which is partly why I selected it.

BigChiefFan
02-18-2010, 09:29 PM

It's hard to judge accuracy when he doesn't have to make tight throws.Plus, I posted at 9:15 and you posted at 9:18, the video is over 6 minutes long. You've been outed for not even watching it. :rolleyes:

Mecca
02-18-2010, 09:29 PM
Are you trying to say he's throwing to shitty players?

Ryan Broyles will almost assuredly play in the NFL, the only WR he threw to that didn't make it was Williams ( i think that was his name) mainly because he was to slow.

I've seen Bradford play a bunch of times I don't need to watch a full 6 minute video to realize what the Oklahoma system is.

OU's system basically spreads out the other team and lets their elite talent at the skill positions pick it apart, all Bradford had to do was read the single coverage presnap or actually look to the sideline for his audible and get the ball out, it's the same stuff Missouri does, etc etc.

Just OU has better players than Missouri does for the most part.

Chiefnj2
02-18-2010, 10:40 PM
Fraility, ability to take snaps under center, spread system = legitimate concerns.

Saying he has a bad arm and/or isn't that accurate is just plain dumb and untrue. He threw some beautiful balls in the Championship game. IIRC, there were a lot of dropped balls in that game.

Mecca
02-18-2010, 10:41 PM
His arm is ok, but even that should be questioned after an injury to his throwing shoulder.

chiefs1111
02-19-2010, 12:01 AM
Gresham is most likely the best NFL player from that team, he had come out last year he was easily a top 15 pick.

I know the chiefs have a lot of holes,but if he were there when they pick in the 2nd,would you take him??

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-19-2010, 04:52 AM
I know the chiefs have a lot of holes,but if he were there when they pick in the 2nd,would you take him??

It would have to be strongly considered. With that said, cartilage issues are chronic, they only get worse. However, given the NFLs move to softer surfaces, I think that is less of a concern than it was 10-15 years ago.

He will be getting open in the only spaces where our QB has any accuracy. He's worth more to a team like this than another team, IMO.

Furthermore, if we were to draft a guy like Clausen (won't happen), TEs are excellent investments.

Mecca
02-19-2010, 04:55 AM
Now it might have looked bad for the draft and for his college team but the fact that he opted to have his knee cartilage repaired by stitching it back together is a good thing. If he had opted to have it removed he could have come back to play this year but it would have made the knee injury a much longer term thing that probably would have shortened his career.

I'm not against drafting TE's at all, I just wouldn't do it in the top 15 or think when I had one it meant I didn't need WR's.

BigCatDaddy
02-19-2010, 08:17 AM
Klingler was picked 6th overall, Ware was picked 7th.

How do you not know this?

I'm talking about them being condiered better prospects then Bradford. I expect him to get drafted higher then those 2.

BigCatDaddy
02-19-2010, 08:21 AM

I would take him in the 2nd, but his hands aren't that great, but I suppose Tony's weren't that great either his first year with the Chiefs.