PDA

View Full Version : trade

angelo
02-20-2010, 09:00 AM
If New england franchise's Wilfork.

Is a trade scenario involving Dorsey(perfect for 4-3) for Wlifork and one the Patriots 3 second round picks.

I know its a stretch and I don't even know how I feel about it. I think Dorsey could be great if utilized properly.

Hit with your Best.

Ang

DeezNutz
02-20-2010, 09:35 AM
Don't trade Dorsey. Utilize him properly.

And, if we evaluate properly, there will be an answer to our DT problem in the draft. Huge "if," I know...

That said, I'm sure Pioli is trying everything possible to trade with NE.

KCrockaholic
02-20-2010, 11:09 AM
I don't really see how Dorsey would be utilized properly in New England. I think you would just end up with a slightly better version of what he is now. But nothing special. He needs to go to a predominant 4-3 team to make a serious impact elsewhere. I would personally rather just keep him in KC and see how it works. This draft has a few nice looking 3-4 NT in this class. Cody, Williams, Thomas. Thats just the top 3.

RustShack
02-20-2010, 11:48 AM
JFC. SHUT THE HELL UP WITH DORSEY TRADES

angelo
02-20-2010, 12:23 PM
JFC. SHUT THE HELL UP WITH DORSEY TRADES

Kiss my ass. It was harmless speculation.
It is what I do, it' like a game.

Ang

chiefzilla1501
02-20-2010, 03:16 PM
If New england franchise's Wilfork.

Is a trade scenario involving Dorsey(perfect for 4-3) for Wlifork and one the Patriots 3 second round picks.

I know its a stretch and I don't even know how I feel about it. I think Dorsey could be great if utilized properly.

Hit with your Best.

Ang

No, but as I speculated in other threads, what if the Chiefs trade Dorsey to Detroit and then use similar compensation to trade for Wilfork? It would practically be the same as a straight up trade and, to boot, the Chiefs move up a few spots in a few rounds.

I like Dorsey, but I'm surprised people are willing to give him up if it meant a guarantee of getting the most important position on defense--nose tackle--right.

Nightfyre
02-22-2010, 03:31 PM
Trading dorsey straight up for his equivalent in a nose tackle is one thing. Trading him for a 30 year old with a history of injuries is another, imo. Good luck finding a nose tackle with as much upside as dorsey has, though. I will also take a moment to ponder what cam thomas could be. Could he play the part of a belichick nose tackle as well as a phillips nose tackle? His performance at the senior bowl leaves one to wonder. Of course, it is the senior bowl. But his versatility could be used to keep offenses wondering.
Posted via Mobile Device

chiefzilla1501
02-22-2010, 05:02 PM
Trading dorsey straight up for his equivalent in a nose tackle is one thing. Trading him for a 30 year old with a history of injuries is another, imo. Good luck finding a nose tackle with as much upside as dorsey has, though. I will also take a moment to ponder what cam thomas could be. Could he play the part of a belichick nose tackle as well as a phillips nose tackle? His performance at the senior bowl leaves one to wonder. Of course, it is the senior bowl. But his versatility could be used to keep offenses wondering.
Posted via Mobile Device

What upside does Dorsey have in a 3-4?

I get that he's a nice piece to this defense, but he is grossly overrated by CP.

He's a good player playing a little out of position in a position that isn't overly high in positional value.

I'd take average play out of a Nose Tackle over very good play from a 5-technique any day of the week.

CoMoChief
02-22-2010, 05:07 PM
Why would we think NE needs a DT not suited for a 3-4 end, when we're trying to get rid of him for that very same reason, for their draft picks?

chiefzilla1501
02-22-2010, 05:09 PM
Why would we think NE needs a DT not suited for a 3-4 end, when we're trying to get rid of him for that very same reason, for their draft picks?

I'm pointing to the idea that we could probably trade Dorsey to a team like Detroit for about the same value that Wilfork would demand.

It's not a straight up trade between NE and KC, but it would still practically be a straight up trade Dorsey for Wilfork.

Nightfyre
02-22-2010, 05:43 PM
What upside does Dorsey have in a 3-4?

I get that he's a nice piece to this defense, but he is grossly overrated by CP.

He's a good player playing a little out of position in a position that isn't overly high in positional value.

I'd take average play out of a Nose Tackle over very good play from a 5-technique any day of the week.

While it is true he is not best suited for the 3-4 defense, he is developing well there. It may be a waste of his potential, but serves our purpose. Further, it is obvious pioli disagrees with your assessment of the 5-tech position given how he drafted last year.

Personally, I think they should never have converted to a 34. As many have pointed out, a 43 scheme better fit our personnel and there is higher value in the 43 personnel in the draft because of all the 34 conversions.

If I had my way, we would be a 43 team, draft sanchez in the first, maulaluga in the second and left cassel to new england. This year we would trade down and draft dunlap or pick up mccoy or suh if one fell to us. Pickup any of the numerous pass rushing des in the second and voila, we have a near-complete defense with numerous picks to address the interior oline, power running back and wr depth, as well as depth on defense. Why did we convert to a 34?
Posted via Mobile Device