PDA

View Full Version : Football ***Top 5 pick draft rumors***

LaChapelle
02-20-2010, 02:36 PM
Probably won't fly, but 1 stop snopping would be nice

2/20/'10
Rotoworld/ The Bucs and Rams have reportedly explored a deal that would send the No. 3 overall pick, a third-round pick, and QB Josh Johnson to St. Louis for the first overall selection.

The Bucs would then draft Ndamukong Suh with the No. 1 pick. According to Scout.com, the Rams compare Johnson to Michael Vick athletically, and they believe he has even more upside as a passer. While Johnson is an intriguing developmental QB, he's not close to being ready to start at the NFL level. The proposed deal makes sense for the Bucs, but it wouldn't solve the Rams' quarterback dilemma for 2010.

CupidStunt
02-20-2010, 02:42 PM
Would help Berry slide.

Bowser
02-20-2010, 02:44 PM
They've been specualting about this on Sirius, too. Tim and Pat were talking this very scenario and how it would make sense, since the Rams don't want to pay for the top overall pick, but still want a QB over Suh.

LaChapelle
02-20-2010, 02:45 PM
Johnson was a 5th rounder
sounds short on the Rams side to me

StcChief
02-20-2010, 02:45 PM
need a Bugler replacement.. likely to suck again in 2010, fine with me.

Titty Meat
02-20-2010, 02:47 PM

A possible franchise QB and the 3rd overall pick? Sounds good to me.

LaChapelle
02-20-2010, 02:48 PM
And the rumors were the Glazers were broke :shrug:

DrRyan
02-20-2010, 02:55 PM
A possible franchise QB and the 3rd overall pick? Sounds good to me.

Suppose anything is possible, but what has he done since being drafted in the 5th round to lead you to believe he may become a franchise QB?

Titty Meat
02-20-2010, 02:58 PM
Suppose anything is possible, but what has he done since being drafted in the 5th round to lead you to believe he may become a franchise QB?

He played at San Diego but has shown flashes of being a good QB. Plus you move down and still get a player to help the team at a cheaper price.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-20-2010, 03:12 PM
Unless St. Louis drafts a QB at three, this move makes no sense for them, because Suh and McCoy will go 1-2.

Dante84
02-20-2010, 03:21 PM
STL doesn't hold the cards in this one, because they've already made it apparent that they don't want the #1 pick. Between this and the Vick rumors, it is pretty obvious that they are going to go QB one way or another.

TB, IMO, doesn't have to break the bank for the #1 in this situation. STL will still be able to draft the first QB and pay him less money, will get another developmental QB, and an extra third rounder. This would be great for the Rams.

aturnis
02-20-2010, 03:24 PM
I'm about 90% sure this scenario includes the Rams taking their pick of Clausen/Bradford.

Leaving them with: Clausen/Bradford, Bulger, and Josh Johnson. plus a third rounder.

Looks pretty good to me. They get the QBOTF they really want and need for cheaper. Have a vet if they need one, and a developmental wildcat/backup/potential starter in case their QBOTF doesn't pan out.

What's not to like? Of course they'd probably wait until after the Combine and Bradford's pro day workout to decide on making the deal.

bowener
02-20-2010, 04:12 PM

Don't forget the massive discount in pay they will get by dropping out of the #1 spot (especially if they tried to draft an unworthy QB there).

bowener
02-20-2010, 04:13 PM
Unless St. Louis drafts a QB at three, this move makes no sense for them, because Suh and McCoy will go 1-2.

This makes perfect sense because the Bucs want Suh and think that the Lions will most likely draft him at #2.

BryanBusby
02-20-2010, 05:47 PM
And the rumors were the Glazers were broke :shrug:

This. I don't see them really looking forward to spending #1 overall money instead of 3 if they are broke as shit.

E: Oh wow, 1000 posts. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank my hands for being so good........and that about does it.