PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft New top 10 if Rams Trade Down

journeyscarab
02-22-2010, 06:53 PM
1.Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Ndamukong Suh DT Nebraska
2.Detroit Lions: Gerald McCoy DT Oklahoma
3.St.Louis Rams: Sam Bradford QB Oklahoma
4.Washington Redskins: Russell Okung OT Oklahoma St.
5.Kansas City Chiefs: Eric Berry S Tennessee
6.Seattle Seahawks: Anthony Davis OT Rutgers
7.Cleveland Browns: Joe Haden CB Florida
8.Oakland Raiders: Jason Pierre-Paul DE USF
9.Buffalo Bills: Jimmy Clausen QB Notre Dame
10.Denver Broncos: Rolando McClain LB Alabama

CoMoChief
02-22-2010, 06:55 PM
How is Joe Haden a top 10 player?

journeyscarab
02-22-2010, 07:08 PM

how is he not?

journeyscarab
02-22-2010, 07:10 PM
go watch his highlights on youtube

Mr. Laz
02-22-2010, 07:10 PM

Joe Haden approves his message

Dante84
02-22-2010, 07:12 PM

You just made him a rich, rich man.

In all seriousness, he is the best corner in the draft. He's top ten material.

RustShack
02-22-2010, 07:19 PM
So St Louis is trading for a QB AND drafting a QB AND trading for Vick? Some of you bozos are against the Chiefs getting a legit QB yet you think the Rams will get three in one offseason?

chiefzilla1501
02-22-2010, 07:21 PM
So St Louis is trading for a QB AND drafting a QB AND trading for Vick? Some of you bozos are against the Chiefs getting a legit QB yet you think the Rams will get three in one offseason?

Agreed. That trade leads me to believe they're going to take Okung or Berry. But probably Berry.

Dante84
02-22-2010, 07:22 PM

They aren't trading for the back up qb. That's just extra. They are trading for two reasons: 1- to save money by drafting the same player two slots lower; and 2- to draft, in their opinion, the best QB in the draft.

They have no youth, and no quality back up at the QB position.

It is either this trade OR Vick, not both (imo)

DJ's left nut
02-22-2010, 07:26 PM
CoMo tested, CoMo approved.

Joe Haden makes the Pro Bowl in the next 3 seasons.

RustShack
02-22-2010, 07:26 PM
They aren't trading for the back up qb. That's just extra. They are trading for two reasons: 1- to save money by drafting the same player two slots lower; and 2- to draft, in their opinion, the best QB in the draft.

They have no youth, and no quality back up at the QB position.

It is either this trade OR Vick, not both (imo)

Johnson is one of those young star QB's with a lot of upside that pretty much any team would love to have... hes not "just a backup"

DeezNutz
02-22-2010, 07:27 PM
Agreed. That trade leads me to believe they're going to take Okung or Berry. But probably Berry.

Nope.

If the trade happens, Clausen or Bradford will be the selection, with Johnson thrown in as a developmental project.

DJ's left nut
02-22-2010, 07:28 PM

If I'm the Rams and I trade for Vick, I try to trade down another 4-5 spots and take Dez Bryant.

The Rams have absolutely nothing for him to throw to. His best WR would be Donnie Avery. A smallish deep threat would not make a good #1 for an erratic passer.

They'd be far better off to just leave Vick where he lies and take the best QB available at 3, I'd go with Bradford, but others will back Clausen.

Either way, for a team that's at least 3 years away from contending, Michael Vick is a baaad choice.

RustShack
02-22-2010, 07:29 PM
Nope.

If the trade happens, Clausen or Bradford will be the selection, with Johnson thrown in as a developmental project.

Why would they get a project being Clausen/Bradford instead of a veteran to team them? If they are going to groom Johnson its with a similar type of QB, and thats Vick.

DJ's left nut
02-22-2010, 07:31 PM
Johnson is one of those young star QB's with a lot of upside that pretty much any team would love to have... hes not "just a backup"

What?

They're not talking about Josh Freeman here. Josh Johnson is a former 5th rounder with an erratic arm, no experience and poor decisionmaking.

Josh Johnson is a taller, blacker Tyler Thigpen.

There's absolutely nothing 'Star QB' about Josh Johnson.

DeezNutz
02-22-2010, 07:32 PM
Why would they get a project being Clausen/Bradford instead of a veteran to team them? If they are going to groom Johnson its with a similar type of QB, and thats Vick.

Because Johnson would be little more than a nice aside.

The entire deal would be predicated on getting an additional pick, plus (most importantly) getting the player the Rams really want for less.

doomy3
02-22-2010, 07:33 PM

ROFL

Mr. Flopnuts
02-22-2010, 09:11 PM

Mecca
02-22-2010, 09:13 PM
Haden is given to the Browns in every single mock I've seen, it's far and away the most consistent prediction out there.

DrRyan
02-22-2010, 09:27 PM
If the trade happens and Washington goes with Okung I would be ecstatic. Surely if Berry fell into the Chiefs lap like that they would take him. Surely right? Surely we can't reach and screw up back to back picks in the top five. If this happens and they still go OT supporting the Chiefs would be incredibly difficult.

Come on Chiefs, for once since DT take the best player and a difference maker with the first round pick!
Posted via Mobile Device

Mecca
02-22-2010, 09:32 PM
If the trade happens and Washington goes with Okung I would be ecstatic. Surely if Berry fell into the Chiefs lap like that they would take him. Surely right? Surely we can't reach and screw up back to back picks in the top five. If this happens and they still go OT supporting the Chiefs would be incredibly difficult.

Come on Chiefs, for once since DT take the best player and a difference maker with the first round pick!
Posted via Mobile Device

If the trade happens I think it guarantees 2 QB's and 2 DT's at the top 4 picks, and our luck is the Chiefs will come up with Berry on the board and take like Rolando McClain.

DaneMcCloud
02-22-2010, 10:38 PM

I don't know about that.

Have you seen Tyler Thigpen in the summer sun?

Mr. Laz
02-22-2010, 10:46 PM
Trading from #1 to #3 only means the rams won't be selecting a defensive tackle and that they are being smart about saving some cash.

Ebolapox
02-22-2010, 10:48 PM
I don't know about that.

I saw him in blackface once. wait, it just looked like blackface next to that skeleton. my bad.

Ralphy Boy
02-22-2010, 11:23 PM
What?

They're not talking about Josh Freeman here. Josh Johnson is a former 5th rounder with an erratic arm, no experience and poor decisionmaking.

There's absolutely nothing 'Star QB' about Josh Johnson.

You left out the part where his highest QB rating ever in a game was 67.6 with 685 passing yards, 4 TD's, 8 INT's and a 50.4% completion % FOR HIS NFL CAREER.

BryanBusby
02-22-2010, 11:32 PM

lol

Micjones
02-23-2010, 02:02 AM
Hey...whatever works.
Berry or bust!

-King-
02-23-2010, 02:26 AM
8.Oakland Raiders: Jason Pierre-Paul DE USF

This makes the most sense out of that entire mock draft because rumors are that Al Davis JIHP when he saw Pierre do this: <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/V4-1e6Faglw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/V4-1e6Faglw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

You know Al loves flashy people.

Mecca
02-23-2010, 02:27 AM
A ton of SCOUTS love Pierre Paul so it isn't just Al Davis, according to dude on twitter several GM's said he's the same prospect Mario Williams was.

Saccopoo
02-23-2010, 02:32 AM
A ton of SCOUTS love Pierre Paul so it isn't just Al Davis, according to dude on twitter several GM's said he's the same prospect Mario Williams was.

I fucking just choked on my water and spit it all over the screen.

Mecca
02-23-2010, 02:34 AM
If Pierre Paul wasn't gone by 12 I'd be stunned, teams will always look for pass rushers and he has rare natural talent.

Saccopoo
02-23-2010, 03:12 AM
If Pierre Paul wasn't gone by 12 I'd be stunned, teams will always look for pass rushers and he has rare natural talent.

What talent? He had five sacks. With Selvie on the other side being double teamed.

This guy is a myth. I hope somebody drafts him in the top 15 and then gets fired for doing so two years down the road when they figure out he doesn't know shit from shineola, has horrible technique and can't get on the field.

He's going to get destroyed going against NFL linemen. He's a poor man's Vernon Gholston. Remember watching Kawika Mitchell? It's going to be worse.

Mecca
02-23-2010, 03:16 AM
This myth of George Selvie really bugs me, Selvie had 1 big year then went invisible for 2, his draft stock is basically gone, the guy is a 4th rounder now.

Teams will wait on pass rushers we all know this, to use Mitchell as an example is a bit much that's a LB where guys should be able to play right away. Pierre Paul also isn't built like a hulk like Gholston and is more fluid.

I'm just frankly telling you this is how the NFL works, Pierre Paul is going to be a high pick while George Selvie is not so lets not act like he's the shitty one.

Saccopoo
02-23-2010, 03:27 AM
This myth of George Selvie really bugs me, Selvie had 1 big year then went invisible for 2, his draft stock is basically gone, the guy is a 4th rounder now.

Teams will wait on pass rushers we all know this, to use Mitchell as an example is a bit much that's a LB where guys should be able to play right away. Pierre Paul also isn't built like a hulk like Gholston and is more fluid.

I'm just frankly telling you this is how the NFL works, Pierre Paul is going to be a high pick while George Selvie is not so lets not act like he's the shitty one.

I know. And he's got bust written all over him. The guy played at two different junior colleges, plays a single season at South Florida, only gets five sacks and this makes him a top 15 pick?

Mecca
02-23-2010, 03:28 AM
Natural athletic ability in a league where pass rushers are only trumped by QB's in value, I'm not saying I'd draft him but that's how this goes.

BossChief
02-23-2010, 03:40 AM

I'm just frankly telling you this is how the NFL works, Pierre Paul is going to be a high pick while George Selvie is not so lets not act like he's the shitty one.heres what walters has to say about JPP:

Jason Pierre-Paul, South Florida - Scouting Report
Height: 6-6. Weight: 263.
Projected 40 Time: 4.76.
Projected Round (2010): Top 10 Pick.
1/7/10: Jason Pierre-Paul has declared for the 2010 NFL Draft. I don't get the hype with Pierre-Paul; he's a one-year wonder who accumulated only 6.5 sacks despite the fact that George Selvie was drawing tons of attention on the other side. Is Pierre-Paul really gifted athletically? Absolutely. Would I take a shot on him in Round 2? Definitely. But I wouldn't want to spend a first-round selection on a one-year wonder.

11/15/09: Has 31 tackles, 11 TFL but only three sacks for South Florida in nine games.

Seems I wasnt the only one that saw this "rumor" when I watched them this year (albeit for only two games admittedly)

Mecca
02-23-2010, 03:41 AM
The only thing I'd like to know is why it is repeatedly acted like George Selvie is better than him.

Mecca
02-23-2010, 03:47 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tP0rhntrT7I&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tP0rhntrT7I&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

In this vid you can see he's not getting a ton of stats but you see the ability, he gets up the field in a hurry, plays the run well enough and at 1:50 even though there is no stats gained there he causes that pick.

Build wise he looks like Jason Taylor, the talent is there, guys like that don't grow on trees so his value is high just due to that.

BossChief
02-23-2010, 03:52 AM
Honestly, he reminds me of Michael Johnson that went in the third to the Bengals iirc.

Mecca
02-23-2010, 03:54 AM
I think he's a better prospect then Johnson, Johnson was just on the map longer.

Also Pierre Paul's short time playing football leads people to believe with coaching his upside is unlimited.

I also heard a ridiculous rumor today that I don't want to start a thread about because it'd lead to a ridiculous discussion...

kc rush
02-23-2010, 08:43 AM
I don't know about that.

He grows taller in the sun?