PDA

View Full Version : ChiefsPlanet KC this weekend

luv
02-22-2010, 08:29 PM
Yes, I would like to get some people together for dinner/drinks. No, I'm not deciding where. I'm not from there, so I don't know where all is good for gathering. Friday night would be fun. I'd say let's get together to watch the Mizzou/KSU game, but I'll be at a hockey game. Anyway, someone suggest where, and I'll make sure to print off directions.

Hammock Parties
02-22-2010, 08:34 PM
<object width="580" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4m1EFMoRFvY&hl=en_US&fs=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4m1EFMoRFvY&hl=en_US&fs=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="580" height="360"></embed></object>

luv
02-22-2010, 08:37 PM
<object width="580" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4m1EFMoRFvY&hl=en_US&fs=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4m1EFMoRFvY&hl=en_US&fs=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="580" height="360"></embed></object>

Unlike you, I'm not interested in a date. I want to get people together for good food, good drinks, and good conversation.

Hammock Parties
02-22-2010, 08:39 PM
Unlike you, I'm not interested in a date. I want to get people together for good food, good drinks, and good conversation.

<object width="580" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5qm8PH4xAss&hl=en_US&fs=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5qm8PH4xAss&hl=en_US&fs=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="580" height="360"></embed></object>

luv
02-22-2010, 08:47 PM
I fully expect no one to want/be able to do anything, so I have a Plan B. Doing whatever I feel like doing whenever I feel like doing it. :)

Hammock Parties
02-22-2010, 08:50 PM
I fully expect no one to want/be able to do anything, so I have a Plan B. Doing whatever I feel like doing whenever I feel like doing it. :)

<object width="580" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oQAT0Ln6ggc&hl=en_US&fs=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oQAT0Ln6ggc&hl=en_US&fs=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="580" height="360"></embed></object>

Quesadilla Joe
02-22-2010, 08:51 PM
<object width="580" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oQAT0Ln6ggc&hl=en_US&fs=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oQAT0Ln6ggc&hl=en_US&fs=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="580" height="360"></embed></object>

ROFL

Bearcat
02-22-2010, 08:55 PM
The same places get brought up every time someone posts a thread about visiting KC..... pick a place, pick a time.

Dante84
02-22-2010, 08:58 PM

Ahhh.... fun at night, and a pill in the morning.

luv
02-22-2010, 09:02 PM
The same places get brought up every time someone posts a thread about visiting KC..... pick a place, pick a time.

I hate being decisive. I'd much rather just have someone tell me where to be. :)

I'd say Oklahoma Joe's, but is it a good gathering place? I'd say somewhere on the P&L disrict, but I'll want to get cab rates, as I hate dealing with one way streets down there. No place on the Plaza I can think of. Westport? I think the hotel has a shuttle that runs there.

Hammock Parties
02-22-2010, 09:03 PM
I hate being decisive. I'd much rather just have someone tell me where to be. :)

EVERY WOMAN EVER

Bearcat
02-22-2010, 09:18 PM

I'd say Oklahoma Joe's, but is it a good gathering place? I'd say somewhere on the P&L disrict, but I'll want to get cab rates, as I hate dealing with one way streets down there. No place on the Plaza I can think of. Westport? I think the hotel has a shuttle that runs there.

Well, if you think getting people to show up is hard enough, surely you know it'll be pretty much impossible to get someone to plan it for you, too.... but maybe you'll get lucky and someone will say they're going to the P&L or something. :shrug:

The Oklahoma Joe's closest to the Plaza isn't a good gathering spot... it's small, so it's always crowded. I've never been to the one in Olathe. Definitely stop by for a meal though.

SLAG
02-22-2010, 10:47 PM
Well, if you think getting people to show up is hard enough, surely you know it'll be pretty much impossible to get someone to plan it for you, too.... but maybe you'll get lucky and someone will say they're going to the P&L or something. :shrug:

The Oklahoma Joe's closest to the Plaza isn't a good gathering spot... it's small, so it's always crowded. I've never been to the one in Olathe. Definitely stop by for a meal though.

I've only be to the one in olathe and its decent sized but its always busy as well.

if you made it out to Sunny Olathe i might be down for a Planet gathering

Dante84
02-23-2010, 12:04 AM
Oh, cool. Reklats gave me neutral rep. This guy isn't banned yet?

xbarretx
02-23-2010, 12:53 AM
I've only be to the one in olathe and its decent sized but its always busy as well.

if you made it out to Sunny Olathe i might be down for a Planet gathering

Heck Slag....you make it sound like Olathe is B.F.E....

I'll see your Olathe and raise you my Gardner. :toast:

SLAG
02-23-2010, 01:00 AM
Heck Slag....you make it sound like Olathe is B.F.E....

I'll see your Olathe and raise you my Gardner. :toast:

I'm on the south side of Olathe so I Gardner is just a hop skip and a jump

had been heading out to Edgerton pretty often but not so much recently

xbarretx
02-23-2010, 04:45 PM
I'm on the south side of Olathe so I Gardner is just a hop skip and a jump

had been heading out to Edgerton pretty often but not so much recently

i wont get into the number of years i lived in Edgerton.....but i will offer some "B.F.E. Rep" :)

Simply Red
02-23-2010, 04:48 PM
<object width="580" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5qm8PH4xAss&hl=en_US&fs=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5qm8PH4xAss&hl=en_US&fs=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="580" height="360"></embed></object>

stick to Aerosmith and that sort - because seriously, your hip hop tastes are beyond putrid.

Jilly
02-23-2010, 04:57 PM
Sorry Luv, I'm going out with my ladies Friday night and am not available, otherwise you know I'd be in.

Simply Red
02-23-2010, 04:58 PM
Sorry Luv, I'm going out with my ladies Friday night and am not available, otherwise you know I'd be in.

I'd like to be 'in' yo ladies. nyuck nyuck....:D

Simply Red
02-23-2010, 04:59 PM
... and i'm sure they'd welcome this sweet piece of ass.

Hammock Parties
02-23-2010, 05:00 PM
stick to Aerosmith and that sort - because seriously, your hip hop tastes are beyond putrid.

Dumbass! I don't even like hip hop.

Simply Red
02-23-2010, 05:02 PM
Dumbass! I don't even like hip hop.

I can tell.

Hammock Parties
02-23-2010, 05:04 PM
I can tell.

Yes, I'm quite sophisticated and distinguished.

Halfcan
02-23-2010, 08:41 PM
Stop by the Trolley on Sat-i will hook you up with lunch-let me ch Luv.

If you guys are getting together on Sat night know I will party with you guys!

luv
02-23-2010, 09:55 PM
So far, I'm picking up hockey tix when I get into town. Hopefully make it to Boulevard for one of the tours, then an early dinner with a friend. Friday night is still open.

Saturday, I plan on going to the Hallmark Crown Center, and the hockey game that night.

Sunday is completely open. I may do a little shopping, or just lay in bed all day. Who knows.

Monday morning, I check out and head home.

Jilly
02-24-2010, 10:31 AM
Stop by the Trolley on Sat-i will hook you up with lunch-let me ch Luv.

If you guys are getting together on Sat night know I will party with you guys!

why aren't you going to the hockey game?

Dayze
02-24-2010, 11:32 AM
Westport Flea Market; cheap, low-key (it's in a flea market for F's sake :0)
bring cash though; no credit cards. they have an ATM machine there though but I think it's like a $3 fee.
Excellent burger and fries; decent beer prcies.

you can eat there, have some brews; then hit some of the other places just up the street within walking distance. And it's 'cab friendly' if you're coming from downtown etc.
all sorts of things to do in that area; and you're close enough to head to the plaza or head back to your hotel area etc.

P&L is fun, but you'll pay through the nose most of the time (IMO). Especially on food.

Alton deFlat
02-24-2010, 01:55 PM
bring cash though; no credit cards. they have an ATM machine there though but I think it's like a $3 fee.

I've been there. Like you say, it's low-key but not bad. I think I had a bottle of Boulevard and it may have been $3.

KCUnited
02-24-2010, 02:21 PM

Just make sure that if your give them you I.D. to check out the shuffle board gear that they give you the right I.D. back. I brought the shuffle board gear back to them one night and the gave me someone else's I.D. My drunk ass stumbled out of there and didn't realize it until I was standing in line at KCI to fly to Chicago. Got to the lady and pulled out my boarding pass and some other dudes I.D. I had taken a cab to the airport. Clust**** of a day.

Dayze
02-24-2010, 02:51 PM
Just make sure that if your give them you I.D. to check out the shuffle board gear that they give you the right I.D. back. I brought the shuffle board gear back to them one night and the gave me someone else's I.D. My drunk ass stumbled out of there and didn't realize it until I was standing in line at KCI to fly to Chicago. Got to the lady and pulled out my boarding pass and some other dudes I.D. I had taken a cab to the airport. Clust**** of a day.

ROFL
dude, that must have sucked.

I've only been there once since the new owner bought it; so maybe it's not as good as it was back in the day. one of the things I liked was you could get a big bugers and fries for like 7 or 8 bucks; and a pitcther of beer was fairly dirt cheap; play shuffle board, foosball etc. then move on to some place else down the street if you wanted etc.

luv
02-25-2010, 07:50 PM
Brewery on Friday afternoon, lunch with friend at Hallmark Crown Center Saturday afternoon, and hockey game Saturday night. Unless I hear from anyone, the rest of the time will be spent relaxing. No matter what, I'm looking forward to it.

Weather for this weekend?

Yes, I know. Going to look it up right now.

Titty Meat
02-25-2010, 11:00 PM
Nothing friday night?

BigRedChief
02-26-2010, 07:10 AM
Weather for this weekend?

Sunny, high in the mid to high 30's.

luv
02-26-2010, 12:44 PM
Waiting to tour Boulevard. Already picked up hockey tix for tomorrow night.
Posted via Mobile Device

luv
02-26-2010, 04:19 PM
Boulevard tour was okay. Best part was tasting at the end. :)

For no extra charge, the chick upgraded me to a king bed room. Huge bed, 42" flat panel tv, love seat (that folds out), chair, coffee table, desk....

Pretty sweet. Only problem is no fridge. I brought a little cooler that I put a six pack on ice in.

luv
02-26-2010, 04:20 PM
And I'm starving! Anyone up for dinner?

Titty Meat
02-26-2010, 04:53 PM
Where are you going?

luv
02-26-2010, 05:08 PM
Where are you going?

Hotel runs a shuttle to the Plaza. I was thinking Jack Stack. Haven't been there in a few years.

The Franchise
02-26-2010, 05:09 PM
Boulevard tour was okay. Best part was tasting at the end. :)

For no extra charge, the chick upgraded me to a king bed room. Huge bed, 42" flat panel tv, love seat (that folds out), chair, coffee table, desk....

Pretty sweet. Only problem is no fridge. I brought a little cooler that I put a six pack on ice in.

She wants you. Get down on that action while you can.

Titty Meat
02-26-2010, 05:14 PM
Hotel runs a shuttle to the Plaza. I was thinking Jack Stack. Haven't been there in a few years.

Nice I usually go to the one on 95th. I might be going to Westport tonight.

CoMoChief
02-26-2010, 05:29 PM

Want me to come in my birthday suit?

bevischief
02-26-2010, 05:53 PM
Want me to come in my birthday suit?

No comment...

Jilly
02-26-2010, 05:56 PM
She wants you. Get down on that action while you can.

Take his advice, luv. Dry spells broken are awesome whether same sex or opposite. Don't worry about putting the six pack on ice. Just drink it real fast and you'll be fine. Does she have an IM? Maybe you could cyber a little first just to work yourself up a bit. Ask her to show you around town.

The Franchise
02-26-2010, 05:56 PM
Take his advice, luv. Dry spells broken are awesome whether same sex or opposite. Don't worry about putting the six pack on ice. Just drink it real fast and you'll be fine. Does she have an IM? Maybe you could cyber a little first just to work yourself up a bit. Ask her to show you around town.

This. If she gave you a free upgrade for nothing....she wants it....and wants it bad. Hit that shit and then leave.

Jilly
02-26-2010, 05:57 PM
Nice I usually go to the one on 95th. I might be going to Westport tonight.

Where?

The girls and I r lookin for karaoke, anyone have suggestions?

The Franchise
02-26-2010, 05:59 PM
Where?

Luv's hotel room. :D

Jilly
02-26-2010, 06:01 PM
Luv's hotel room. :D

Nah, don't think the shower is big enough.... We do sound best that way.

Titty Meat
02-26-2010, 06:02 PM
Where?

I'm not sure the nice thing about Westport is you can go all over. I don't know many places that have Karaoke besides Challengers which is in OP.

The Franchise
02-26-2010, 06:02 PM
Nah, don't think the shower is big enough.... We do sound best that way.

Well shit...how many people are you trying to fit in there?

Jilly
02-26-2010, 06:07 PM
Well shit...how many people are you trying to fit in there?

There's six of us

The Franchise
02-26-2010, 06:09 PM
There's six of us

Well....she did get upgraded to a King room....I'm sure it's got a HUGE shower.

Bugeater
02-26-2010, 06:13 PM
There's six of us
giggity

Titty Meat
02-26-2010, 06:14 PM
There's six of us

Any of them single?

Jilly
02-26-2010, 06:16 PM
Any of them single?

Two of them

The Franchise
02-26-2010, 06:17 PM
Two of them

billay's there. :D

Consistent1
02-26-2010, 06:18 PM
Any of them single?

Playas like midnight Vulture wouldn't even ask that shit. It don't matter an Ed Hardy shirt and a sweet bike get the deal closed, married, single, boyfriend, whatthafuckever she may be. Play to win bro, tell these bitches where they can get the chance to meet you.

Titty Meat
02-26-2010, 06:20 PM
Two of them

Whered you say you'll be going again?

Jilly
billay's there. :D

k, well, I'll be the the second to last ugliest of the bunch!

Titty Meat
Playas like midnight Vulture wouldn't even ask that shit. It don't matter an Ed Hardy shirt and a sweet bike get the deal closed, married, single, boyfriend, whattha****ever she may be. Play to win bro, tell these bitches where they can get the chance to meet you.

haha Jersey Shore bro "imma pound every peice of pussy that walks through that door".

luv
02-26-2010, 08:09 PM
Text messaged a friend of mine from Springfield about my room upgrade, and it turned out he's in KC visiting his sister and nephew this weekend. He drove down and we went to the 810 Zone on the Plaza.

luv
02-28-2010, 08:44 AM
So far, so good. Yesterday, I visited the Crown Center, went to a late lunch with some friends, went to the hockey game (which the Mavericks won 27 seconds into OT), and went to the 75th Street Brewery afterward.

Fish
02-28-2010, 10:33 AM

I'm a little late, but wanted to comment on this.

Flea Market's drink prices have skyrocketed over the last year. The food is still awesome, but they're drink prices are way too high for the type of establishment it is.

Last time I was there, they wanted $4.90 for a bottle of Boulevard. Seriously. Pitcher of Bud was $16. Some places, those are acceptable prices, but this is the Flea we're talking about.

I love the place, but their drink prices keep me away these days.

Dayze
02-28-2010, 10:45 AM
I'm a little late, but wanted to comment on this.

Flea Market's drink prices have skyrocketed over the last year. The food is still awesome, but they're drink prices are way too high for the type of establishment it is.

Last time I was there, they wanted $4.90 for a bottle of Boulevard. Seriously. Pitcher of Bud was $16. Some places, those are acceptable prices, but this is the Flea we're talking about.

I love the place, but their drink prices keep me away these days.

good to know. I've only been once in the last year or so since the new owner etc.

Titty Meat
02-28-2010, 12:08 PM
I wish Joe Joes wouldn't have merged with the Flea Market.

BigMeatballDave
02-28-2010, 12:51 PM
giggity:LOL:

luv
02-28-2010, 01:20 PM
So, I think I'm gonna head to the Plaza for lunch. Haven't gotten out of my pj's today.

mikeyis4dcats.
02-28-2010, 01:43 PM
http://goemaw.com/forum/Smileys/goEMAW/facepalm.gif

|Zach|
02-28-2010, 07:45 PM
Flea Market's burgers are overrated IMO. Not bad...its a good meal but for all the hype it gets? meh. It is super close to me and I will prob go once in a two month span.

luv
02-28-2010, 07:57 PM
Had a great weekend, as always. Spending my last night in my hotel room watching the closing ceremonies. Great day of chillin' and relaxing. Tomorrow, its home.

Dayze
02-28-2010, 07:59 PM
great meeting you; safe travels back to Springfield!

luv
02-28-2010, 08:04 PM
great meeting you; safe travels back to Springfield!

You too, even if you did make me stand up 20 time during the game last night. :p

It was great to meet your wife, too. She seems like a lot of fun.

luv
03-01-2010, 12:31 PM
Home sweet home. Had fun, as always.

The Franchise
03-01-2010, 12:32 PM
Did you get with the girl from the hotel like I said?

luv
03-01-2010, 12:33 PM
Did you get with the girl from the hotel like I said?

Nope. I ended up having plans except for Sunday, and I wasn't really feeling well then.

The Franchise
03-01-2010, 12:34 PM
Damnt....you should've at least questioned her. She gave you a free upgrade for nothing. It's not like something was wrong and she thought you would get pissed.

Was she at least hot?

luv
03-01-2010, 12:34 PM
She also didn't put me down for parking. Saved me $17/d times three days.

luv
03-01-2010, 12:35 PM
Damnt....you should've at least questioned her. She gave you a free upgrade for nothing. It's not like something was wrong and she thought you would get pissed.

Was she at least hot?

She wasn't bad looking. I don't tend to go for blondes though.

The Franchise
03-01-2010, 12:36 PM
She also didn't put me down for parking. Saved me $17/d times three days.

She wasn't bad looking. I don't tend to go for blondes though.

You should've invited her out with you. She gave you a free upgrade on your room AND she didn't charge you for parking. She wanted her some luv.