PDA

View Full Version : KU KU could go for win #2000 at Mizzou

teedubya
02-23-2010, 04:17 PM
KU sits at 1997 wins.

We play OK St, on 27th... then K State... and final game is at Mizzou. So, if KU takes care of business, that would be an epic game.

Just an FYI.

Plus, KU is at 1997 wins... and UNC is at 1998. We may pass them to 2000. ROFL

CoMoChief
02-23-2010, 04:20 PM
That would be Bill Self's 199th win at Kansas.

Anyone know what the HC winning streak would be had we beaten TXAM and Acie Law didn't hit that 3 pointer? KU wins that game, Self would be playing for 200 at Missouri in Columbia and the HC streak would be an huge#

doomy3
02-23-2010, 04:22 PM
KU sits at 1997 wins.

We play OK St, on 27th... then K State... and final game is at Mizzou. So, if KU takes care of business, that would be an epic game.

Just an FYI.

Plus, KU is at 1997 wins... and UNC is at 1998. We may pass them to 2000. ROFL

Who would have thought that was a possibility at the beginning of the season? Crazy.

Bearcat
02-23-2010, 04:24 PM

Anyone know what the HC winning streak would be had we beaten TXAM and Acie Law didn't hit that 3 pointer? KU wins that game, Self would be playing for 200 at Missouri in Columbia and the HC streak would be an huge#

+14... they lost to ORU that season.

sedated
02-23-2010, 04:25 PM
you think Mizzou will have confetti ready?

Sure-Oz
02-23-2010, 04:36 PM
I certainly hope this makes MU that much harder to beat at home

CoMoChief
02-23-2010, 04:37 PM
MU sucks, nothing but a bunch of talentless fucks.

DMAC
02-23-2010, 04:44 PM
MU sucks, nothing but a bunch of talentless fucks.

:rockon:

POND_OF_RED
02-23-2010, 04:44 PM
MU sucks, nothing but a bunch of talentless ****s.

ROFL You do remember that it was just last year that those "talentless ****s" had a better season than KU don't you?

DMAC
02-23-2010, 04:47 PM
ROFL You do remember that it was just last year that those "talentless ****s" had a better season than KU don't you?No no no no no...just let him...let him...

POND_OF_RED
02-23-2010, 04:48 PM
No no no no no...just let him...let him...

Oh I am. He's not done. He'll comeback with an even more ridiculous statement now. There is no turn off switch for the bullshit he spews.

DMAC
02-23-2010, 04:50 PM
Oh I am. He's not done. He'll comeback with an even more ridiculous statement now. There is no turn off switch for the bullshit he spews.I know... We don't want one either.

kepp
02-23-2010, 04:54 PM
I know... We don't want one either.

You're right, we don't. Step on the gas CoMo! Let us have it!

FishingRod
02-23-2010, 04:54 PM
KU very likely has a letdown/poor game left in them. All 3 of their final opponents are going to be in the NCAA tournament. Should a letdown occur, I would much rather they blow one against OSU or MU than to stumble against a "B" team. With the way X has played the last few games KU looks like they can be ridiculously good if their heads are on straight.

Earthling
02-23-2010, 05:00 PM
If they make it to MU unbeaten in Big Xll play that game will be epic. MU is good at playing the spoiler and they will be sooooo up for that game. That being said I think KU still comes out on top in that game.

teedubya
02-23-2010, 05:01 PM
I have always thought that KU would lose at OK St... just like in 2008. I'd prefer to have win #2000 at Mizzou though.

CoMoChief
02-23-2010, 05:04 PM
Oh I am. He's not done. He'll comeback with an even more ridiculous statement now. There is no turn off switch for the bullshit he spews.

Sorry just got done ordering my 2010 Big12 conference champs t-shirt.

I mean....KU has 6....in a row, that's just since Self has been here. Legendary HOF Good for Nothing Norm Stewart in the thousand yrs he coached at MU, only has a total of 8 conference titles, most coming in the early 80's when he did well and won 4 in a row. MU's last conference title was in 1993-94, Peeler's era. That's 16 yrs ago folks.

POND_OF_RED
02-23-2010, 05:20 PM

I mean....KU has 6....in a row, that's just since Self has been here. Legendary HOF Good for Nothing Norm Stewart in the thousand yrs he coached at MU, only has a total of 8 conference titles, most coming in the early 80's when he did well and won 4 in a row. MU's last conference title was in 1993-94, Peeler's era. That's 16 yrs ago folks.

This program took a big shit that's for sure. No denying that. To say MU is talentless is asinine though. We're still in the hunt to finish 2nd in the league. You don't do that with "talentless fucks". Mike Anderson is building a very competitive team in this league and it will become easier to recruit the more he does it.

BWillie
02-23-2010, 05:25 PM
It is hilarious that every day we are more and more likely to pass UNC in wins. Once Calipari's victories are vacated, KU will be #1 in All-Time wins.

CoMoChief
02-23-2010, 05:32 PM
This program took a big shit that's for sure. No denying that. To say MU is talentless is asinine though. We're still in the hunt to finish 2nd in the league. You don't do that with "talentless ****s". Mike Anderson is building a very competitive team in this league and it will become easier to recruit the more he does it.

MU won't finish 2nd in the league. MU still has to go to KSU and shit the bed on the road again.

teedubya
02-23-2010, 05:45 PM
I think MU is a really good team and only getting better. I give them props.

KSU and MU are both gonna be tough, brutal games. OK St., I have chalked up as a loss... all three should be great primers for the big dance.

Reerun_KC
02-23-2010, 06:04 PM
If they make it to MU unbeaten in Big Xll play that game will be epic. MU is good at playing the spoiler and they will be sooooo up for that game. That being said I think KU still comes out on top in that game.

The thing is, it is the EVERYTHING GAME for MU... Their Superbowl, National Championship, BCS bowl win, kinda game.... They might even consider hanging a banner and DVD ala KSU kind of moment...

For KU sure there are a couple of milestones that could drop on that day, but it is still just another Meh game for KU... By the time KU gets to the Paige Center, everything will be in place and KU's focus shouldnt be on 40 minutes of diaherria but on the #1 Seed and the quest for ANOTHER REAL BANNER HANGING NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP..

CoMoChief
02-23-2010, 06:13 PM
I just can't wait to see Morris twins/Aldrich to hold MU's entire inside game hostage again.

ArrowheadHawk
02-23-2010, 06:14 PM
KU's next three are gonna be tough. I think Sherron will bring it on senior night so I'm not worried about that one but the other two could be 1-1 or 0-2 pretty easily.

Extra Point
02-23-2010, 06:18 PM
How KU could win the national championship depends on MU winning the game. How do you think Bill Self would have better effect as a coach, if all the pressure drops from him and the team?

I have two kids at KU, and would like to see KU run the table, but they need a good dose of reality, to punch the reset button, clear the slate, look within, and cut off the big head.

Bearcat
02-23-2010, 06:20 PM
The thing is, it is the EVERYTHING GAME for MU... Their Superbowl, National Championship, BCS bowl win, kinda game.... They might even consider hanging a banner and DVD ala KSU kind of moment...

For KU sure there are a couple of milestones that could drop on that day, but it is still just another Meh game for KU... By the time KU gets to the Paige Center, everything will be in place and KU's focus shouldnt be on 40 minutes of diaherria but on the #1 Seed and the quest for ANOTHER REAL BANNER HANGING NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP..

In the grand scheme of things, outside of the two schools, it wouldn't mean much, but I wouldn't call it a Meh game if KU is 15-0 and going for #2000. The 2000th win is just a nice round number that's an inevitable milestone, but going 16-0 is a fairly big deal IMO, and it would suck if a trip to Columbia ruined it.

I don't think it's like the NFL where a 16-0 season doesn't mean anything if you don't win the SB. The tournament is a crapshoot... if they're 15-0 heading into that game, I want them to close the deal. It would be oh so sweet to do it in Columbia. :evil:

Bearcat
02-23-2010, 06:29 PM
How KU could win the national championship depends on MU winning the game. How do you think Bill Self would have better effect as a coach, if all the pressure drops from him and the team?

I have two kids at KU, and would like to see KU run the table, but they need a good dose of reality, to punch the reset button, clear the slate, look within, and cut off the big head.

Eh, I'm not a big fan of losing games to motivate players... I think it's overblown. Yeah, teams get unfocused and sometimes a loss will change that... Self basically said they were in need of a loss before they lost to Tennessee, but it's not like that fixed the season. They looked like sh*t against Nebraska the very next game.

They won their last 13 games two years ago (last 4 of the regular season plus the tournaments). I think they were motivated by a close win against Nebraska in the Big 12 Tournament, and the Davidson win took a lot of pressure off the team.

I think these 3 games are perfect... two tough road games and an in-state rivalry game against the #6 team in the nation. They'll be ready for the tournaments at the end of the season, regardless of their record in those 3 games.

Spott
02-23-2010, 06:39 PM

It's pretty funny how the idiot that talks the most shit about Mizzou has absolutely nothing to do with the state of Kansas or any of it's universities.

BTW, Peeler graduated in 92, dumbass.

CoMoChief
02-23-2010, 06:44 PM
KU's next three are gonna be tough. I think Sherron will bring it on senior night so I'm not worried about that one but the other two could be 1-1 or 0-2 pretty easily.

I'm thinking 3-0 if they play hard all game long, not put it on auto pilot once they get a 20pt lead.

Mr. Laz
02-23-2010, 06:45 PM
MU sucks, nothing but a bunch of talentless fucks.:facepalm:

please shut up

CoMoChief
02-23-2010, 06:47 PM
It's pretty funny how the idiot that talks the most shit about Mizzou has absolutely nothing to do with the state of Kansas or any of it's universities.

BTW, Peeler graduated in 92, dumbass.

Sorry....meant Melvin Booker. They both were garbage anyways. Fucking MU scum.

Sure-Oz
02-23-2010, 07:27 PM
Sorry....meant Melvin Booker. They both were garbage anyways. ****ing MU scum.
ROFL

Dottefan
02-23-2010, 07:29 PM
No no no no no...just let him...let him...

ROFLROFL

Buehler445
02-23-2010, 07:44 PM

KSU and MU are both gonna be tough, brutal games. OK St., I have chalked up as a loss... all three should be great primers for the big dance.

I agree with this.
Posted via Mobile Device

ROYC75
02-23-2010, 10:41 PM
Repost thread ...........

Anyong Bluth
02-23-2010, 11:45 PM
going to the game! I hope they pull it off... To be able to see the NC game & 2000 in person would make me feel like a pretty blessed fan!j

veist
02-24-2010, 02:05 AM
There are people that still haven't ignored CoMo?

The game should be pretty epic.

Sure-Oz
02-24-2010, 09:41 AM
Is the Mizzou vs Colorado game on tv tonight?

kepp
02-24-2010, 09:55 AM
Is the Mizzou vs Colorado game on tv tonight?

"TV: MSN" ...on the MU website. I'm not sure what MSN TV is.

Pants
02-24-2010, 10:01 AM
"TV: MSN" ...on the MU website. I'm not sure what MSN TV is.

Missouri Sports Network?

Dartgod
02-24-2010, 10:31 AM

Or if you hadn't choked away the game last year in Columbia? :shrug:

Sure-Oz
02-24-2010, 10:36 AM
Never heard of MSN...i assume it won't be on locally then if thats the case

kepp
02-24-2010, 10:49 AM

I doubt it will be...although, every once in a while when the site says "MSN TV", it will be on 38 "The Spot" locally in KC. I haven't checked for tonite's game though.

Reerun_KC
02-24-2010, 11:35 AM

I got your back, no worries!

sedated
02-24-2010, 12:29 PM
MSN is mizzou sports network. I think that means it will be on 38 the spot or metro sports

Sure-Oz
02-24-2010, 12:41 PM
MSN is mizzou sports network. I think that means it will be on 38 the spot or metro sports

It will be on ch.30 which is metro sports on TWC tonight

I might be at a friends and may have to catch it but if not i have a backup plan likely:)

HC_Chief
02-24-2010, 01:48 PM

Agreed except for the OSU game... why do you have that one marked as a loss? Isn't it at AFH?

sedated
02-24-2010, 01:51 PM
Agreed except for the OSU game... why do you have that one marked as a loss? Isn't it at AFH?

no. remaining schedule:

at Okla State, Saturday at 3pm
K-state in Lawrence, Wed at 7pm
at Mizzou, Saturday at 1pm