PDA

View Full Version : KU Just sent in my application for KU season tickets

ArrowheadHawk
02-23-2010, 10:09 PM
In football. Flame away.

WoodDraw
02-23-2010, 10:12 PM
You know you can't write that off as a charity donation, right?

Kyle DeLexus
02-23-2010, 10:14 PM
Maybe I'll see you at a game sometime. I'll be one of the 10 guys in the student section in the 3rd quarter

HotRoute
02-23-2010, 10:16 PM
KU football will return to mediocracy in. . .3..2...1....

ArrowheadHawk
02-23-2010, 10:17 PM
Maybe I'll see you at a game sometime. I'll be one of the 10 guys in the student section in the 3rd quarter

Cool. I don't know where I'll be at yet but I bought Tier 1 Tickets so I'll be between the 20's however high up they sit the $100 a year donors. I have a measly 4 pts. :D

ArrowheadHawk
02-23-2010, 10:18 PM
I like Turner Gill. I think he is going to be better than Mangino.

ArrowheadHawk
02-23-2010, 10:19 PM
You know you can't write that off as a charity donation, right?

I can the $100 dollars I sent to the Williams fund.

Braincase
02-23-2010, 10:22 PM
Good on ya. Had a family pack in the bowl the last 4 years, will be renewing later.

Reerun_KC
02-23-2010, 10:23 PM
Lets hope there are some good times ahead for KU.... It was a rough year. Looking forward to getting back on track...

ArrowheadHawk
Good on ya. Had a family pack in the bowl the last 4 years, will be renewing later.

How is the endzone view?

ArrowheadHawk
Lets hope there are some good times ahead for KU.... It was a rough year. Looking forward to getting back on track...

Trust in Gill.

Tits McGee
02-23-2010, 11:17 PM
Was watching paint dry and grass grow already taken?

wild1
02-23-2010, 11:25 PM
You have to "apply" for those?

Tits McGee
02-23-2010, 11:35 PM
With that fat guy gone you might be able to see the field.........

WoodDraw
02-23-2010, 11:35 PM
You have to "apply" for those?

It's kind of like applying to go to fat camp. Everyone is allowed, but they want to make sure you are pathetic enough to follow through.

ArrowheadHawk
02-24-2010, 12:01 AM
HaHa. You guys are hilarious. I don't know why they call it an application.
Posted via Mobile Device

kstater
02-24-2010, 05:35 AM

You think they'll improve that much?

-King-
02-24-2010, 07:06 AM
Just remember to let us know when you're holding the lottery for them.
Posted via Mobile Device

ArrowheadHawk
02-24-2010, 07:28 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

I don't see that happening. Lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

kepp
02-24-2010, 08:06 AM
Did you get one of those pleather recliners?

Braincase
02-24-2010, 08:09 AM
How is the endzone view?

Not too bad if you get up high enough. Having that gargantuan TV at the end of the field helps when they're at that end.

Braincase
02-24-2010, 08:11 AM
You think they'll improve that much?

Don't know, won't know for awhile. Team didn't play up to expectations last year, but it's interesting how much a difference a coach can make. K-State & Nebraska fans should be very aware of that, right?

ArrowheadHawk
02-24-2010, 08:58 AM
Did you get one of those pleather recliners?I wish. Outa my price range.

ArrowheadHawk
02-24-2010, 08:59 AM
Not too bad if you get up high enough. Having that gargantuan TV at the end of the field helps when they're at that end.I've been in the endzone in arrowhead but I don't know if I would like have season tickets there.

kitten_mittons
02-24-2010, 10:32 AM
Don't know, won't know for awhile. Team didn't play up to expectations last year, but it's interesting how much a difference a coach can make. K-State & Nebraska fans should be very aware of that, right?

Reesing saved your asses so many times. Without that guy you guys are nothing.

Lzen
02-24-2010, 10:39 AM
I thought about picking up some season tix myself. Just haven't pulled the trigger because I probably wouldn't be able to make all of them. It would be fun, though. And they aren't terribly expensive.

As for the state of the program: no one truly knows what will happen, but Gill has done some nice things so far. Yes, we have lost a couple of recruits that were highly sought. However, he also picked up a couple of nice recruits that we didn't really expect. He is saying all the right things and the players really seem to like him. Hopefully, the product on the field will live up to the same standards.

Braincase
02-24-2010, 10:42 AM
Reesing saved your asses so many times. Without that guy you guys are nothing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kansas_%E2%80%93_Kansas_State_football_all-time_results

Just think, another 28 straight wins and you'll be .500 against KU.

ArrowheadHawk
02-24-2010, 10:46 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kansas_%E2%80%93_Kansas_State_football_all-time_results

:thumb:
Posted via Mobile Device

Jilly
02-24-2010, 10:50 AM
I hope you're not asking us for references.

Frazod
02-24-2010, 10:53 AM
History awaits!

Braincase
02-24-2010, 10:55 AM
History awaits!

Even the most die-hard KU fan recognizes that was a huge mistake. We just have to live with it. We'll just have to keep trying to improve, and do what we can to succeed in that secondary sport.

58kcfan89
02-24-2010, 11:12 AM

17-10 (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=293112306) says congratulations for dominating the leather helmet days.

POND_OF_RED
02-24-2010, 11:15 AM
I think Gill is going to be a good coach in the long run but it will definitely take him awhile to start fresh and build his system. The good news for KU fans is that it can't get much worse. He's going to have to recruit a lot better to compete in this conference. I know he didn't have much time this season so it's not fair to judge but if he doesn't have a better recruiting class over the next couple years then KU will stay at the doormat of the league for a long time.

Braincase
02-24-2010, 11:15 AM
17-10 (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=293112306) says congratulations for dominating the leather helmet days.

I'm sure Bill remembers them well.

Braincase
02-24-2010, 11:19 AM
I think Gill is going to be a good coach in the long run but it will definitely take him awhile to start fresh and build his system. The good news for KU fans is that it can't get much worse. He's going to have to recruit a lot better to compete in this conference. I know he didn't have much time this season so it's not fair to judge but if he doesn't have a better recruiting class over the next couple years then KU will stay at the doormat of the league for a long time.

I'm an optimist, and a patient one at that. Hell, I've been waiting 40 years for the Chiefs to get back to the Superbowl.

wild1
02-24-2010, 11:21 AM
At least this is better than a Royals game - if only because the mascot has not blinded anyone yet :D

Braincase
02-24-2010, 11:22 AM
At least this is better than a Royals game - if only because the mascot has not blinded anyone yet :D

KU has played in some games that wanted me to rip my eyes out.

Braincase
02-24-2010, 11:34 AM

Just took a look at Rivals recruiting class rankings. Missouri & Nebraska have far & away the best classes in the Big 12 North, but those classes rank 5th & 6th in the Big 12 overall. KU came in with the 3rd best recruiting class in the North, with a new coach and staff, and ahead of Colorado, Iowa State, and Kansas State.

I'll be interested to see where things go here in a couple of years as Coach Gill & Company fully implement their recruiting strategy.

ArrowheadHawk
02-24-2010, 12:21 PM
Just took a look at Rivals recruiting class rankings. Missouri & Nebraska have far & away the best classes in the Big 12 North, but those classes rank 5th & 6th in the Big 12 overall. KU came in with the 3rd best recruiting class in the North, with a new coach and staff, and ahead of Colorado, Iowa State, and Kansas State.

I'll be interested to see where things go here in a couple of years as Coach Gill & Company fully implement their recruiting strategy.Based on his speaches he stresses recruited hard. Then again they are just words but the kids seem to like him. He got Quigley(I think) to come back for a 6th year when he was willing to walk away had Mangino stayed on.

ArrowheadHawk
02-24-2010, 12:22 PM
KU has played in some games that wanted me to rip my eyes out.See the Mizzou game. No way we should have lost that. Run the ball you f'n moran.

kepp
02-24-2010, 01:03 PM

I'll be interested to see where things go here in a couple of years as Coach Gill & Company fully implement their recruiting strategy.

Actually, 4th & 5th with kansas 9th - http://missouri.rivals.com/teamrank.asp?Sort=0&PosType=0&Year=2010&conf=0

Braincase
02-24-2010, 01:09 PM
Actually, 4th & 5th with kansas 9th - http://missouri.rivals.com/teamrank.asp?Sort=0&PosType=0&Year=2010&conf=0

Scout has Oklahoma State ahead of Mizzou & Nebraska (and Texas Tech for that matter). I think my comment that KU had the third best class in the North still stands.

HC_Chief
02-24-2010, 01:15 PM

Didn't have much time? He had practically no time. It's amazing what he did this year.

What I like about what Gill has done so far is he brought in a tremendous coordinator and position coaching staff. He then brought in a couple of incredible recruiters.

You watch, KU will raise a few eyebrows with impressive recruiting classes in the years to come. In the meantime, I fully expect Gill & Co to get the most out of their players. That's his m.o.

ArrowheadHawk
02-24-2010, 01:17 PM
Didn't have much time? He had practically no time. It's amazing what he did this year.

What I like about what Gill has done so far is he brought in a tremendous coordinator and position coaching staff. He then brought in a couple of incredible recruiters.

You watch, KU will raise a few eyebrows with impressive recruiting classes in the years to come. In the meantime, I fully expect Gill & Co to get the most out of their players. That's his m.o.I'm excited to see how the team reacts on the field.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-24-2010, 01:19 PM
In football. Flame away.

Fuck that. Good for you for being a real fan. I've been going to UW games knowing they weren't going to win more than a game or two a year and I was probably going to see a loss.

HC_Chief
02-24-2010, 01:19 PM
I'm excited to see how the team reacts on the field.

I'm excited to see an offense that doesn't walk to the line, stop, turn to the sidelines, turn back, then look to the sidelines again. That sh*t got old. Just call a *#^$@ing play and give the QB audible options.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-24-2010, 01:20 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

LMAO Nice.

ArrowheadHawk
02-24-2010, 01:20 PM
**** that. Good for you for being a real fan. I've been going to UW games knowing they weren't going to win more than a game or two a year and I was probably going to see a loss.I cheer on my team win or lose. I am a chiefs fan for fucksake.

HC_Chief
02-24-2010, 01:21 PM
I cheer on my team win or lose. I am a chiefs fan for ****sake.

Fair-weather, front-running prick! :p

BTW, did the ticket prices drop? It was a healthy raise last season. I kinda miss the lean years... tix were dirt cheap and parking was abundant ;)

ArrowheadHawk
02-24-2010, 01:21 PM
I'm excited to see an offense that doesn't walk to the line, stop, turn to the sidelines, turn back, then look to the sidelines again. That sh*t got old. Just call a *#^$@ing play and give the QB audible options.And they never changed it up and snapped it early. They could have really caught some teams off guard.

ArrowheadHawk
02-24-2010, 01:22 PM
Fair-weather, front-running prick! :p

BTW, did the ticket prices drop? It was a healthy raise last season. I kinda miss the lean years... tix were dirt cheap and parking was abundant ;)I don't know what last season prices were but I paid 350 per ticket for Tier 1 tickets.

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
02-24-2010, 01:46 PM
Even the most die-hard KU fan recognizes that was a huge mistake. We just have to live with it. We'll just have to keep trying to improve, and do what we can to succeed in that secondary sport.

No worse than mizzurah hyping Booger for Heisman and talking national championship 2 years ago. At least KU wasn't specific before their face plant!

Braincase
02-24-2010, 01:59 PM
No worse than mizzurah hyping Booger for Heisman and talking national championship 2 years ago. At least KU wasn't specific before their face plant!

I'm not going to worry about what Mizzou does or doesn't do. All I can do is ride the rollercoaster here in Lawrence... and as it is basketball season, the ride has more thrills than spills.

Frazod
02-24-2010, 02:02 PM

Of course, Missouri still had a winning record and went to a bowl game. Hardly compared to HISTORY AWAITS, does it? LMAO

HC_Chief
02-24-2010, 02:05 PM
Of course, Missouri still had a winning record and went to a bowl game. Hardly compared to HISTORY AWAITS, does it? LMAO

Hey, it was a pretty historical season.... football coach melts down, team follows suit on field, coach removed in disgrace. It will be remembered.

Fortunately I believe it will be best remembered for ushering in the Turner Gill era. ;)

Titty Meat
02-24-2010, 02:15 PM
When you don't go to the Nebraska game in 2 years can I have your tickets?

kitten_mittons
02-24-2010, 02:54 PM
Turner Gill: Solid Long Term Hire

nychief
02-24-2010, 02:55 PM
Well, if it were just an application for KU, then it'd be a slam dunk... they let everybody in.

Priest31kc
02-24-2010, 03:28 PM

Daniel & Mizzou went 10-4, Won the North & bowl game, Daniel still threw for 4,335 yds, 72.9% completion, 159 QB rating & 39 TDs

Reesing & Kansas went 5-7, last in North, no bowl game, Reesing threw for 3,616 yds, 63.1% completion, 134.95 QB rating & only 22 TDs.

How does that compare?

kepp
02-24-2010, 03:42 PM

Maybe that's because, in the year before that, Daniel finished 4th in the Heisman voting and Mizzou was one game away from the NC.

ArrowheadHawk
02-24-2010, 04:57 PM
IWhen you don't go to the Nebraska game in 2 years can I have your tickets?
The game in 2 years is in Lincoln. This year @NU next @KU is how it works.
Posted via Mobile Device

ArrowheadHawk
02-24-2010, 05:05 PM
Mizzou is far superior. Just look at the all time series. They have like a 2-1 ratio over Kansas right.........
Posted via Mobile Device

WilliamTheIrish
02-24-2010, 06:33 PM
Good for you. At least you put your money where fandom is.

Spott
02-24-2010, 06:39 PM
How is the endzone view?

Maybe you should ask Todd Reesing.

Titty Meat
02-24-2010, 07:23 PM
I
The game in 2 years is in Lincoln. This year @NU next @KU is how it works.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thats what I meant.

ArrowheadHawk
02-24-2010, 07:51 PM
Thats what I meant.
No I'm gonna keep it and hopefully might have better seats if I decide to donate more.
Posted via Mobile Device

ArrowheadHawk
02-24-2010, 07:52 PM
Good for you. At least you put your money where fandom is.
That I do.
Posted via Mobile Device

POND_OF_RED
02-25-2010, 10:28 PM
Just read a pretty good article about Gill on ESPN. Seems like a pretty decent guy. It's going to be a lot harder for me to despise a guy like this. Almost a polar opposite of Mangino.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4942628

Reerun_KC
02-25-2010, 10:46 PM
Just read a pretty good article about Gill on ESPN. Seems like a pretty decent guy. It's going to be a lot harder for me to despise a guy like this. Almost a polar opposite of Mangino.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4942628

That is was, hard not to like the guy... He may never be a 10+ a year win guy, but I bet he can keep the Jayhawks bowling every year. Which is good enough for me.. Win all your bowl games and eventually it will get better for KU...

ArrowheadHawk
02-26-2010, 06:45 AM
We will have to wait and see the results but things are looking up with Gill in charge.
Posted via Mobile Device