PDA

View Full Version : Life New House

Dunit35
02-24-2010, 11:10 AM
I live in a smaller 2 bedroom 1 bath rental $300 rent. Two months ago, a guy needed a place to stay, so I told him he could stay, paying half. I told him he could stay on 3 conditions.

1. Get along with me
2. Get along with my GF
3. Keep my house clean.

He gets along with both of us but never picks up after himself and 90% of the time, smells like man sweat. He showers once every three days (hasn't showered since Sunday morning). He's a bigger dude, so he sweats alot. As of yesterday, we decided to rent a bigger house, 2 bedroom, office, bigger fenced yard, more storage, central h/a for a hundred more. I told him he could move with us if he wanted to. I paid the deposits on the house, pet and security.

I just found out, that my GF has no desire to live him. Which is understandable, due to his extreme laziness and lack of hygiene. She wants and I kind of do also, it to be our first house together, with no one else living with us. I don't know what to tell him and feel like a dick if I tell him. I don't know really know how or what to tell him.

Gonzo
02-24-2010, 11:12 AM
I live in a smaller 2 bedroom 1 bath rental $300 rent. Two months ago, a guy needed a place to stay, so I told him he could stay, paying half. I told him he could stay on 3 conditions.

1. Get along with me
2. Get along with my GF
3. Keep my house clean.

He gets along with both of us but never picks up after himself and 90% of the time, smells like man sweat. He showers once every three days (hasn't showered since Sunday morning). He's a bigger dude, so he sweats alot. As of yesterday, we decided to rent a bigger house, 2 bedroom, office, bigger fenced yard, more storage, central h/a for a hundred more. I told him he could move with us if he wanted to. I paid the deposits on the house, pet and security.

I just found out, that my GF has no desire to live him. Which is understandable, due to his extreme laziness and lack of hygiene. She wants and I kind of do also, it to be our first house together, with no one else living with us. I don't know what to tell him and feel like a dick if I tell him. I don't know really know how or what to tell him.

Had a similar situation a long time ago. Tell her to kick his ass out and go play golf.
There you go.

Rain Man
02-24-2010, 11:44 AM
Can't you just say that you've decided that you and the GF want this to be your first house together with no one living with you? If I was the sweaty smelly guy I'd say, "Oh. Okay. That makes sense.", and my feelings wouldn't be hurt.

TrebMaxx
02-24-2010, 11:47 AM
Yeah, I would just tell him. You already have done him well with the time he has already lived with you.

Dartgod
02-24-2010, 11:54 AM
Just tell him, "I don't know man. She kinda funny, you know".

And then he'll say, "I know. Everybody funny. Now you funny too". And then he'll head to a bar to drink an assortment of drinks, leaving you and your girlfriend alone.

TrebMaxx
02-24-2010, 11:55 AM

And then he'll say, "I know. Everybody funny. Now you funny too". And then he'll head to a bar to drink an assortment of drinks, leaving you and your girlfriend alone.

ROFL

Pants
02-24-2010, 11:58 AM
All I want to know is where can I find a house to rent for $300? That's a really nice deal, dude.

L.A. Chieffan
02-24-2010, 11:59 AM
im sorry did u say $300 bucks a month? and youre splitting that?

Rain Man
02-24-2010, 12:04 PM

I bet the nicer neighborhoods in L.A. are that expensive, too.

Buck
02-24-2010, 12:08 PM
WTF.

I live in a 3 BR/2 BA house and the rent is $1700.

Where the fuck do you live?

Bugeater
02-24-2010, 12:10 PM
All I want to know is where can I find a house to rent for $300? That's a really nice deal, dude.
I'm not sure you do, I'm guessing it's either in some hick town in the middle of nowhere, or he has crack dealers for neighbors.

Rain Man
02-24-2010, 12:17 PM
Maybe you guys aren't very good negotiators on your rent. You should tell your landlord that you'll go $300 and not a penny higher, and see what happens. Maybe they'll work with you.

Dunit35
02-24-2010, 12:19 PM
Hick town, northwest Oklahoma. This house is a nice house for a college student and my new house is even nicer.

We would've stayed at the $300 house but it has no storage and she would have to rent a storage unit.

L.A. Chieffan
02-24-2010, 12:20 PM
Maybe you guys aren't very good negotiators on your rent. You should tell your landlord that you'll go $300 and not a penny higher, and see what happens. Maybe they'll work with you.

I could just stop paying my mortgage altogether. You think the banks would work with me on that? After all, I helped them when they needed it.

Dunit35
02-24-2010, 12:21 PM

Yep, don't make as much money in these small towns. I've been at my current job for a year because there is nothing available.

For the six months I lived here by myself, I broke even with my bills and paychecks.

Rain Man
02-24-2010, 12:24 PM
I could just stop paying my mortgage altogether. You think the banks would work with me on that? After all, I helped them when they needed it.

It's worth a try. It's not like the banks manage their money well. You could probably tell them that you gave them TARP funds that should cover your costs.

Mr. Plow
02-24-2010, 12:42 PM
Since you've already invited him to live with you in the new house, I'd say you are screwed man. Or you could be that asshole that goes back on his word. I mean that would mean your word is shit, but hey, if that's not important to you. Bro's before ho's man.

Groves
02-24-2010, 12:43 PM
I thought you told him that he could only stay if he met the conditions. He hasn't been meeting the conditions. Why would you let him remain?

Sure-Oz
02-24-2010, 12:46 PM
tang or brosef?

Dunit35
02-24-2010, 12:46 PM
Since you've already invited him to live with you in the new house, I'd say you are screwed man. Or you could be that asshole that goes back on his word. I mean that would mean your word is shit, but hey, if that's not important to you. Bro's before ho's man.

That's how I feel. Except he's really not a bro. He was a guy I knew that was in dire need of a place to stay.

I'm thinking of saying that my GF's parents won't let her move in unless it's just us two. My gf was robbed of 600 dollars worth of stolen checks from her first roomate and hasn't had a roomate in two years because of it. Her family doesn't want her to have a roomate.

Dunit35
02-24-2010, 12:47 PM
I thought you told him that he could only stay if he met the conditions. He hasn't been meeting the conditions. Why would you let him remain?

Because the savings are nice and I'm a softie. I have yet to get full pissed off about his massive lack of hygiene or non exsistant cleaning habits.

jAZ
02-24-2010, 12:48 PM
I don't know really know how or what to tell him.

Get out.

cardken
02-24-2010, 12:50 PM

LMOF Too Funny RepROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLRO

ArrowheadHawk
02-24-2010, 12:52 PM
That's how I feel. Except he's really not a bro. He was a guy I knew that was in dire need of a place to stay.

I'm thinking of saying that my GF's parents won't let her move in unless it's just us two. My gf was robbed of 600 dollars worth of stolen checks from her first roomate and hasn't had a roomate in two years because of it. Her family doesn't want her to have a roomate.Problem solved.

Dunit35
02-24-2010, 12:54 PM
Problem solved.

It's a small lie, but her grandparents really don't want her too and I'm not interested in them being mad at me.

bowener
02-24-2010, 12:59 PM

1. Get along with me
2. Get along with my GF
3. Keep my house clean.

Tell him you made a simple mistake and did not consult your boss first. Then tell him the truth, that she wants to live alone with you, and prepare you for your future of accepting your secondary role of subservient being. He will probably/possibly understand if he has ever dated long term. However, judging by your description of him, he will only be confused by all of this and not understand why you would tolerate being pegged into this new and forever lasting role that you are about to accept. But, that is fine. He need not understand why, just that you fucked up and did not consult her. Besides, if he is a grown ass man and cannot afford a $300 a month house, then he needs more help than you can give him by allowing him to live with you again. I am a broke ass college student and can afford that. That is it.

Pants
02-24-2010, 01:02 PM

HAHAHAHAH. How I wish your wife could see this post.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-24-2010, 01:03 PM
Don't be a pussy. I know it's not easy, but I'd flat out tell the guy that the girlfriend isn't comfortable with it and unfortunately you're not going to be able to take him with you.

If he gets angry, remind him that you didn't take him in to raise.

Mr. Plow
02-24-2010, 01:08 PM
HAHAHAHAH. How I wish your wife could see this post.

I'd just bring up your 13 days played and be ok.

Sofa King
02-24-2010, 01:14 PM
Don't be a pussy. I know it's not easy, but I'd flat out tell the guy that the girlfriend isn't comfortable with it and unfortunately you're not going to be able to take him with you.

If he gets angry, remind him that you didn't take him in to raise.

simple... yet correct..

Pants
02-24-2010, 01:26 PM
I'd just bring up your 13 days played and be ok.

That doesn't change the fact that your balls are in her purse. :D

Mr. Plow
02-24-2010, 01:56 PM
That doesn't change the fact that your balls are in her purse. :D

At least my balls get fondled every so often when she reaches into her purse to grab some change.

:)

Pants
02-24-2010, 02:03 PM
At least my balls get fondled every so often when she reaches into her purse to grab some change.

:)

That IS why men put up with the crazy shit. Nobody blames you, man.

Mr. Plow
02-24-2010, 02:06 PM
That IS why men put up with the crazy shit. Nobody blames you, man.

Don't worry man....sooner or later, you'll find a man, or if you are really lucky, a woman other than your mom to fondle your balls. You'll get there. Keep trying.

Alton deFlat
02-24-2010, 02:08 PM

This could explain it.

http://wedding.dredwolff.com/early%20-%20Jeff%20&%20Amy%20on%20cardboard%20box%20porch%20-%20Aug%201980.jpg

;)

BWillie
02-24-2010, 02:12 PM
When you give him the boot, if you have alot of valuables just buy a $300 hidden camera. He may be disgruntled, and if he steals something you have proof. I rent out a house w/ four roommates. Thats what I do. But then again, why are you moving when you pay $300? I rent out each ROOM for $425 and the master for $500. That sounds like a great deal even if it is a sh*thole.

Pants
02-24-2010, 02:17 PM
Don't worry man....sooner or later, you'll find a man, or if you are really lucky, a woman other than your mom to fondle your balls. You'll get there. Keep trying.

I hope I find a woman that I feel safe tying the knot with. My longest relationship to date was 8 months, hahaha.

Blindside58
02-24-2010, 02:18 PM
Tel him your GF is pregnant and you need the extra room for the baby....and hope you never see him again!

Mr. Flopnuts
02-24-2010, 02:30 PM
Tel him your GF is pregnant and you need the extra room for the baby....and hope you never see him again!

If you're going this route just tell him it was miscarried 4 months later. I still say honesty is the best policy though. You don't owe him anything.

Rain Man
02-24-2010, 02:32 PM
If you're going this route just tell him it was miscarried 4 months later. I still say honesty is the best policy though. You don't owe him anything.

Or possibly go with the dingo story.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-24-2010, 02:33 PM
Or possibly go with the dingo story.

LMAO That is ALWAYS a good one. But only if it's pronounced danego. The danego ate mah baybeeee.

Earthling
02-24-2010, 02:41 PM
Just say no.

Mr. Plow
02-24-2010, 02:43 PM
I hope I find a woman that I feel safe tying the knot with. My longest relationship to date was 8 months, hahaha.

Don't do it man. They don't accept long hours of video games. I know from experience.

Pants
02-24-2010, 02:47 PM
I know from experience.

As do I, as do I. It's not my fault they get boring and video games don't.

Mr. Plow
02-24-2010, 02:52 PM
As do I, as do I. It's not my fault they get boring and video games don't.

But the "marriage experience" of video gaming is worse. They can...and will....hold it against you for a long time. My wife has been holding it against me for 9 years and counting.

Pants
02-24-2010, 02:54 PM
But the "marriage experience" of video gaming is worse. They can...and will....hold it against you for a long time. My wife has been holding it against me for 9 years and counting.

lol

I can only imagine.

seclark
02-24-2010, 02:55 PM
who're you f@cking? your girlfriend, or stinky green teeth?
sec

Mile High Mania
02-24-2010, 03:17 PM
Just tell him that you mentioned he could move with you before you asked your GF and that didn't go over well since you guys are 'advancing' your relationship... whatever. Then, just tell him to find another roommate for the smaller house.

I don't know you would have told him he could move with you in the first place though... odd to me.

Phobia
02-24-2010, 04:59 PM
Didn't you learn anything the last time you shacked up with a crazy woman? I'd keep sweaty guy, stop monitoring his shower times, and see your girlfriend every other day or so at HER place. You'll be much happier and a dramatic new thread will not be in your immediate future.

MTG#10
02-24-2010, 05:28 PM

Well played sir, well played. ROFL

Dunit35
02-24-2010, 08:13 PM
Didn't you learn anything the last time you shacked up with a crazy woman? I'd keep sweaty guy, stop monitoring his shower times, and see your girlfriend every other day or so at HER place. You'll be much happier and a dramatic new thread will not be in your immediate future.

Ha, this one is pill free.

In the national gaurd and in school to be a physical therapist.

DeezNutz
02-24-2010, 08:20 PM
who're you f@cking? your girlfriend, or stinky green teeth?
sec

I was always taught not to ask questions if you didn't want to hear the answer.

Dunit35
02-24-2010, 11:44 PM
Told him alittle bit ago. He was surprisingly, cool with it and wants to stay in this house.

stevieray
02-24-2010, 11:45 PM
the truth works...

Bugeater
02-24-2010, 11:47 PM
He's going to kill you in your sleep.

Dunit35
02-25-2010, 12:23 AM

Better hope I don't wake up before he tries, keep my aluminum bat next to my bed, with my badass knife.

Chief Pote
02-25-2010, 05:15 AM
Told him alittle bit ago. He was surprisingly, cool with it and wants to stay in this house.

Is the girlfriend staying with him? :D

Mr. Plow
02-25-2010, 09:08 AM

I'd be more scared that he'd sneak into the bedroom one night and tie him up face down. As Dunit wakes up, he hears:

"Oh yeah....now let's see how YOU liked to get fucked with no lube!"

Rain Man
02-25-2010, 09:19 AM
Better hope I don't wake up before he tries, keep my aluminum bat next to my bed, with my badass knife.

You should tie the knife to the end of the bat. That way, if you kill somebody, the police will look for a 14-foot tall murderer.

Dartgod
02-25-2010, 09:42 AM
You should tie the knife to the end of the bat. That way, if you kill somebody, the police will look for a 14-foot tall murderer.
Rain Man. Always thinking outside the box.

Pants
02-25-2010, 09:49 AM
Rain Man. Always thinking outside the box.

That's why we pay him the big bucks.

Kerberos
02-25-2010, 11:39 AM

His girlfriend....Loh' she'll be lovy-dovy,

teedubya
02-25-2010, 12:56 PM
I now have a peculiar desire for some bourbon, a shot and some beer.

Frazod
02-25-2010, 01:08 PM
I had a roommate like that once. Big guy, slob, didn't bathe regularly, and that stench is still burned into my brain.

This isn't the 1800s - everybody's got running water and indoor plumbing. Regardless of what your girlfriend says, tell him to wash his stinking ass on a daily basis and pick up his shit or get the fuck out. It's not that hard.

Seems to me that by being a stinking pig he's violating all three conditions.

But you need to tell him and give him a chance to change his nasty ways.

EDIT: Guess I should have read down a bit. Never mind. :D

Earthling
02-25-2010, 01:14 PM
I now have a peculiar desire for some bourbon, a shot and some beer.

Sounds Thoroughly Good. :thumb:

Mr. Plow
02-25-2010, 01:59 PM
I had a roommate like that once. Big guy, slob, didn't bathe regularly, and that stench is still burned into my brain.

This isn't the 1800s - everybody's got running water and indoor plumbing. Regardless of what your girlfriend says, tell him to wash his stinking ass on a daily basis and pick up his shit or get the fuck out. It's not that hard.

Sooooo....did you finally wash your ass or did you move out?

Frazod
02-25-2010, 02:11 PM
Sooooo....did you finally wash your ass or did you move out?

Haha.

Did I mention the guy was from Kansas? I guess I should have known he'd have issues...... :)

Mr. Plow
02-25-2010, 02:12 PM
Haha.

Did I mention the guy was from Kansas? I guess I should have known he'd have issues...... :)

o:-)

RockChalk
02-25-2010, 02:35 PM

Now that's good quality stuff right there