PDA

View Full Version : Terrence Cody: Do you want him?

Mr. Flopnuts
02-24-2010, 02:22 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LgCHChIT57M&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LgCHChIT57M&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Personally, I'd like to see us take a flier in the guy with one of our 2nd's.

Chiefnj2
02-24-2010, 02:29 PM
It depends on how much he weighs in at the Combine. Supposedly the coaches at the combine told him they'd like to see him around 350lbs. If he comes into the combine near that weight it would indicate he's serious and can control his weight. If he shows up the same size at the Senior Bowl it's a red flag and you have to wonder if his weight will balloon out of control in the NFL.

Titty Meat
02-24-2010, 02:31 PM
Who gives a fuck how much he weighs? The Chiefs better draft him in the 2nd round.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-24-2010, 02:32 PM
It depends on how much he weighs in at the Combine. Supposedly the coaches at the combine told him they'd like to see him around 350lbs. If he comes into the combine near that weight it would indicate he's serious and can control his weight. If he shows up the same size at the Senior Bowl it's a red flag and you have to wonder if his weight will balloon out of control in the NFL.

Good point. 350 may be a stretch in that time period, but I'd definitely like to see him close to it.

He's definitely a guy that could eat himself out of the league, which is just pathetic to me. And I'm a fat guy myself.

DeezNutz
02-24-2010, 02:33 PM
I remember all the talk about Gilbert Brown's work ethic.

That's why BK honored him.

salame
02-24-2010, 02:33 PM
yes I want him in the 2nd

Mr. Flopnuts
02-24-2010, 02:35 PM
It's not normal for me to want to take a "flier" on anyone in the 2nd round. It's not good business. But risk vs. reward with this guy makes me think the upside is worth the risk. If he comes in and gets hungry (pun intended) he's a top ten talent IMO.

Mr. Laz
02-24-2010, 02:38 PM
sure ... in the 2nd round, preferably 2b

chiefscafan
02-24-2010, 02:41 PM
As a bama fan we'd be crazy to pass on him with either 2nd rounder. The man is dominant takes up blocks and is a gamer just watch the TEN game 2 block kicks. Yes the weight has allways scared me bout him but Gilbert brown was too. Then people say he can only play two downs. Who cares guys we will have teams third and long by then. Bring in Ron Edwards on third down and hopefully bring the pass rush.

First round no way 2 nd rdrs sure he is a big time player.

The Franchise
02-24-2010, 02:47 PM
As a bama fan we'd be crazy to pass on him with either 2nd rounder. The man is dominant takes up blocks and is a gamer just watch the TEN game 2 block kicks. Yes the weight has allways scared me bout him but Gilbert brown was too. Then people say he can only play two downs. Who cares guys we will have teams third and long by then. Bring in Ron Edwards on third down and hopefully bring the pass rush.

First round no way 2 nd rdrs sure he is a big time player.

FWIW....I wouldn't bring in Edwards in a 3rd and long situation. I'd bring in a line that looks like this.

Hali - Jackson - Dorsey - Gilberry (as of right now)

chiefscafan
02-24-2010, 02:49 PM
My dream would be for us to get McClain first Cody 2nd bama boys on my team all right :)

chiefscafan
02-24-2010, 02:57 PM
Pest I didn't think of that I would screw up Os and like you said would switch into a 4-3 offenses wouldn't have right personel throw the line of Hali Jackson dorssey but I would put magee. LB??? Not sure hopefully we've drafted an ILB

Danman
02-24-2010, 03:46 PM
definately if he's there when we pick - draft him

sfchief
02-24-2010, 03:53 PM
hell no, If you watch the guy gets washed out half the time and has no pursuit even in a highlight tape. I think he will be 4 bills very soon and out of the league.

Fish
02-24-2010, 04:37 PM
He arm tackles too much for a guy his size. Which he won't get away with at the next level. And he seems to give up on some plays. I'm a big Bama fan, but I'm not warming up to the thought of the Chiefs drafting him. Raji excited me more than Cody does.

It's pretty tough to project a big DLinemen's transition to the pros though. I think it would depend a lot on the stuff other than game tape. Most of which we never get to see. But you can't deny the value of a good NT.

Tough decision....

doomy3
02-24-2010, 04:40 PM
Yes, I'd love it if he was there for us to take in the second. No doubt.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-24-2010, 04:45 PM
Sure do.

Touchdown Bowe
02-24-2010, 04:54 PM
Who cares if Cody is overweight? Most NTs are..all theyre supposed to do is take up space, & clog up the running lanes...Cody does all that

Mr. Flopnuts
02-24-2010, 05:02 PM
Who cares if Cody is overweight? Most NTs are..all theyre supposed to do is take up space, & clog up the running lanes...Cody does all that

Yeah, and some of them eat themselves out of the league. Everyone talks about Gilbert Brown who was and still is I'm sure, enormous. Brown weighed what? 360? Cody is 20lbs heavier than that.

He positively needs to show that he can take some of that weight off and rechannel some of that hunger.

Touchdown Bowe
02-24-2010, 05:15 PM
Chances are if he drops down to 340 and shows he's committed to being a good football player, he wont be there for our 2a pick

Saccopoo
02-24-2010, 05:20 PM
Yeah, and some of them eat themselves out of the league. Everyone talks about Gilbert Brown who was and still is I'm sure, enormous. Brown weighed what? 360? Cody is 20lbs heavier than that.

He positively needs to show that he can take some of that weight off and rechannel some of that hunger.

Casey Hampton is purported to enter the season at around 400 lbs. Same thing with Wilfork. Ted Washington was always around four bills. For 370, I thought Cody carried his weight pretty good.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1237/1465471411_3e9476bb24_o.jpg

http://media.masslive.com/sports_impact/photo/patriots-footballjpg-24cedbc2baef7b68_medium.jpg

http://steelerstoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/big-casey-hampton.jpg

http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2009/0324/nfl_g_rogers_600.jpg

http://media.nj.com/jets_impact/photo/kris-jenkins-file-photo-from-2008-b6d7ab9bcaa88d64_large.jpg

http://www.everyjoe.com/emqb/files/2008/12/iconphotostwo153024-nfl-nov-30-bear.jpg

http://media.commercialappeal.com/mca/content/img/photos/2008/12/03/4d1a.jpeg

Seems pretty much par for the course if you ask me.

Blick
02-24-2010, 08:31 PM
Agree with the guy above me. He's supposed to be big.

BossChief
02-24-2010, 08:41 PM
for a second rounder its almost a no brainer unless someone really falls.

ToxSocks
02-25-2010, 10:33 AM
Casey Hampton is purported to enter the season at around 400 lbs. Same thing with Wilfork. Ted Washington was always around four bills. For 370, I thought Cody carried his weight pretty good.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1237/1465471411_3e9476bb24_o.jpg

http://media.masslive.com/sports_impact/photo/patriots-footballjpg-24cedbc2baef7b68_medium.jpg

http://steelerstoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/big-casey-hampton.jpg

http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2009/0324/nfl_g_rogers_600.jpg

http://media.nj.com/jets_impact/photo/kris-jenkins-file-photo-from-2008-b6d7ab9bcaa88d64_large.jpg

http://www.everyjoe.com/emqb/files/2008/12/iconphotostwo153024-nfl-nov-30-bear.jpg

http://media.commercialappeal.com/mca/content/img/photos/2008/12/03/4d1a.jpeg

Seems pretty much par for the course if you ask me.

The other guys look muscular in there pics. Yeah, they all have guts, but there arms, chest and legs look solid. Cody looks like a big tub of fat. His bitch tits sag under his pads and his arms and legs do not look defined at all.

Im not saying I'd be opposed to taking him in the 2nd, but he doesn't look like those other guys in the pics. He needs to hit the weights.

Ebolapox
02-25-2010, 11:52 AM
The other guys look muscular in there pics. Yeah, they all have guts, but there arms, chest and legs look solid. Cody looks like a big tub of fat. His bitch tits sag under his pads and his arms and legs do not look defined at all.

Im not saying I'd be opposed to taking him in the 2nd, but he doesn't look like those other guys in the pics. He needs to hit the weights.

what the fuck are you talking about? after looking at all the pictures several times apiece, I see almost NO difference between any of em'. hell, look at casey hampton--he's a huge butterball in that pic. where's the definition there? hell, it looks like cody has just as much 'definition' as the rest of em'.

ToxSocks
02-25-2010, 12:43 PM
what the **** are you talking about? after looking at all the pictures several times apiece, I see almost NO difference between any of em'. hell, look at casey hampton--he's a huge butterball in that pic. where's the definition there? hell, it looks like cody has just as much 'definition' as the rest of em'.

Say Whaaaaat?

Casey Hampton, yeah, he's a butterball, but he looks strong. Look at His calfs, and his chest. Cody doesn't. He's just fat. Look at William's arms and chest. Do you see fat anywhere aside from his gut? Fuck no. He's THICK. Built.

Now look at Cody....dude has FAT BURSTING FROM BENEATH HIS PADS. His arms look soft. You can see the fat creases for fucks sake, dude. You can even see the fat dangling from his arms where his shirt is tight. Even his gut looks fatter than Williams'.

I dont see any bitch tits on #77 or #92. Look at the forearms of all the of the above players. Cody's look weak and skinny in comparison.

Ebolapox
02-25-2010, 12:47 PM
Say Whaaaaat?

Casey Hampton, yeah, he's a butterball, but he looks strong. Look at His calfs, and his chest. Cody doesn't. He's just fat. Look at William's arms and chest. Do you see fat anywhere aside from his gut? Fuck no. He's THICK. Built.

Now look at Cody....dude has FAT BURSTING FROM BENEATH HIS PADS. His arms look soft. You can see the fat creases for fucks sake, dude. You can even see the fat dangling from his arms where his shirt is tight. Even his gut looks fatter than Williams'.

I dont see any bitch tits on #77 or #92. Look at the forearms of all the of the above players. Cody's look weak and skinny in comparison.

eh, I'll write this off as completely subjective. I'm seeing very little of what you're referring to. keep in mind as well, depending on the angle of the picture, you may/may not see what you're referring to on the other guys. hell, we can't even see cody's calves. how do we know how strong his calves are?

keep in mind as well, he'll have every chance to get more 'built' with an NFL training regimen. his weight now? doesn't bother me.

Sfeihc
02-25-2010, 01:02 PM
He fits the bill. Chiefs realistically need 2 NTs because Ron Edwards gives stop gaps a bad name.

raybec 4
02-25-2010, 01:08 PM
I don't think so, the Senior Bowl/combine are the biggest job interviews these guys will ever have. If you can't show up for these in some kind of half assed shape it's like going to a corporate interview in shorts and flip-flops. Show some fuckin restraint if you've got millions of dollars riding on it.

ToxSocks
02-25-2010, 01:09 PM
eh, I'll write this off as completely subjective. I'm seeing very little of what you're referring to. keep in mind as well, depending on the angle of the picture, you may/may not see what you're referring to on the other guys. hell, we can't even see cody's calves. how do we know how strong his calves are?

keep in mind as well, he'll have every chance to get more 'built' with an NFL training regimen. his weight now? doesn't bother me.

His weight doesn't bother me. It's his lack of muscle definition that bothers me. IF we could replace a lot of that fat with muscle, this dude could be a beast. Even so, I'd still take him in the second. I have a feeling he may not last that long though. I think someone will reach for him. There is a severe shortage of NT's, apparent by that fact that every team that had a decent one tagged them. And a team like the Steelers could afford to invest in him and let him get into proper physical form while Hampton plays out his career.

I do believe that Haley and co can whip his ass into shape if we were to draft him. But I don't think he would have an impact on the Chiefs for another year or two after his rookies season.

Chief Faithful
02-25-2010, 01:22 PM
Cody is the prototype NT and would be great pick in the 2nd or later.

ToxSocks
02-25-2010, 01:23 PM
Cody is the prototype NT and would be great pick in the 2nd or later.

If he is the prototype NT then why is going in the 2nd or later?

Mr. Laz
02-25-2010, 01:40 PM
If he is the prototype NT then why is going in the 2nd or later?because some guys that are NT types can do other things ... or at least the teams think they can do other things.

like Naga Haita(whatever) he can do more than be a run stuff NT

Cody is a 2 down defender only so imo he's not worth a 1st rounder for us.

i guess cody can also be a goal line fullback and field goal blocker, but still.

Direckshun
02-25-2010, 01:53 PM
All I'm saying is that Cody bitchslapped Maurkice Pouncey for virtually the entire Florida game. Florida barely tried anything between the tackles.

I'd consider packaging a 4th or 5th with our 2a pick to get him.

ToxSocks
02-25-2010, 02:00 PM
because some guys that are NT types can do other things ... or at least the teams think they can do other things.

like Naga Haita(whatever) he can do more than be a run stuff NT

Cody is a 2 down defender only so imo he's not worth a 1st rounder for us.

i guess cody can also be a goal line fullback and field goal blocker, but still.

Gotcha. Thanks

Mr. Laz
02-26-2010, 10:12 AM
rumor has it that Cody is now down to 355 for his ealier 375

dude took a 20lbs shit and made another 2 million dollars.

penchief
02-26-2010, 03:20 PM
The thing that concerns me the most is not his girth but his saggy titties. I can't imagine how anyone who stays active could have flabby boobs that hang that low. I'd be scared to death he was a lazy slob who would have exactly zero motivation to stay in football shape once he signed a contract.

KCrockaholic
02-26-2010, 03:24 PM

He needs to stay at 355. 355 is a very good weight for him.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-26-2010, 03:25 PM

PBJ PBJ PBJ I hope we land that kid.

Coogs
02-26-2010, 03:33 PM
Why is Cody just a 2 down player? Wouldn't a guy who requires 2 guys to block still require that on 3rd downs? And wouldn't that open up a whole new blitz scheme of bringing LB's and/or safeties up through the middle as opposed to just bringing Hali off of the right edge?

KCrockaholic
02-26-2010, 03:35 PM
Why is Cody just a 2 down player? Wouldn't a guy who requires 2 guys to block still require that on 3rd downs? And wouldn't that open up a whole new blitz scheme of bringing LB's and/or safeties up through the middle as opposed to just bringing Hali off of the right edge?

A lot of people don't think he has the stamina to play that much in a row and be effective unless it's 3rd and 1.

Besides that, we run a 2-4-5 on 3rd downs :)

Saccopoo
02-26-2010, 05:31 PM
A lot of people don't think he has the stamina to play that much in a row and be effective unless it's 3rd and 1.

I'd rather have Terrance Cody as a two down NT than Ron Edwards as our full time two down NT.

Coogs
02-26-2010, 06:05 PM

I know that is what we ran, but don't teams like the Steelers and Ravens stay with their 3-man line on 3rd down, and bring guys from everywhere? Isn't that part of what is supposed to make the 3-4 special?

Mr. Laz
02-26-2010, 06:29 PM
Why is Cody just a 2 down player? Wouldn't a guy who requires 2 guys to block still require that on 3rd downs? And wouldn't that open up a whole new blitz scheme of bringing LB's and/or safeties up through the middle as opposed to just bringing Hali off of the right edge?have you seen him try to generate a pass rush?

LMAO

maybe 2-down player isn't specific enough ... he's a rushing down player only.

Coogs
02-26-2010, 06:36 PM
have you seen him try to generate a pass rush?

LMAO

maybe 2-down player isn't specific enough ... he's a rushing down player only.

I'm not saying he has to rush the passer himself, but I have seen him overpower 1 blocker on his way to the passer. So I would assume at some point, he may still require the attention of 2 linemen on 3rd down plays, which in effect should free up some rushing lanes up the middle for satety blitzes and the like... instead of having those blitzes been easily picked up like they are now. :shrug:

Nightfyre
02-27-2010, 02:33 AM
You know, I doubt him because he is touted as fat and lazy. I doubted Raji for the same reasons. I doubted Kris Jenkins for the same reason. I am no good at calling Nose Tackles. I'd rather have Cam Thomas in the Fourth or Fifth, but Cody in the second, I could hardly throw a fit.

Saccopoo
02-27-2010, 02:46 AM
You know, I doubt him because he is touted as fat and lazy. I doubted Raji for the same reasons. I doubted Kris Jenkins for the same reason. I am no good at calling Nose Tackles. I'd rather have Cam Thomas in the Fourth or Fifth, but Cody in the second, I could hardly throw a fit.

You ain't gonna get Cam Thomas in the fourth or fifth. The Bills, Doncs, Vikings, Chargers among others are going to be looking for big fat guys come draft day. Dan Williams isn't getting out of the first round, Cody won't get past mid point of round two, and Thomas is the third best big fat guy in the draft. I'll be shocked if he's there at the top of round three.

Nightfyre
02-27-2010, 02:48 AM
You ain't gonna get Cam Thomas in the fourth or fifth. The Bills, Doncs, Vikings, Chargers among others are going to be looking for big fat guys come draft day. Dan Williams isn't getting out of the first round, Cody won't get past mid point of round two, and Thomas is the third best big fat guy in the draft. I'll be shocked if he's there at the top of round three.

Yeah, Im just stating where I'd prefer thomas over cody. But duke robinson will never slip out of the first round! Or so everyone thought until draft day.

Mr. Laz
02-27-2010, 01:46 PM
I'm not saying he has to rush the passer himself, but I have seen him overpower 1 blocker on his way to the passer. So I would assume at some point, he may still require the attention of 2 linemen on 3rd down plays, which in effect should free up some rushing lanes up the middle for satety blitzes and the like... instead of having those blitzes been easily picked up like they are now. :shrug:
i've seen him blocked several times by 1 guy in passing situations.

they don't have to worry about him going around anyone so you just need someone strong enough to stop his momentum. I imagine there are many guys with enough strength for that in the NFL.

moving cody and cody moving you are drastically different things

-King-
02-27-2010, 02:01 PM

Must be on the dwayne bowe weight loss plan...
Posted via Mobile Device

mylittlepony
02-27-2010, 02:07 PM
Cody was watching the O-line drills today at the combine. The comentators on the NFL show said he was scouting the opposition as he would be playing many of these guys next year. If true I think it speaks well to his character.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-27-2010, 02:08 PM
Cody was watching the O-line drills today at the combine. The comentators on the NFL show said he was scouting the opposition as he would be playing many of these guys next year. If true I think it speaks well to his character.

You actually fucking believe that?

Saccopoo
02-27-2010, 02:20 PM
You actually ****ing believe that?

As much as I believe that Jimmy Clausen will have a difficult time becoming an effective NFL level quarterback due to his stumpy T-Rex arms and baby hands.

http://www.bestadsontv.com/files/thumbnails/2007/Nov/10099_BurgerKing_TinyHands.jpg

"I promise I won't fumble again. Just hike me the ball."

Saul Good
02-27-2010, 02:22 PM
All I'm saying is that Cody bitchslapped Maurkice Pouncey for virtually the entire Florida game. Florida barely tried anything between the tackles.

I'd consider packaging a 4th or 5th with our 2a pick to get him.

I completely agree. No way is he still there in the second round.

T-post Tom
02-27-2010, 02:25 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/__8_FYmYcJ9I/S2gS46c_L_I/AAAAAAAABMs/uUj3rn9HBAA/s640/terrence-cody-weigh-in.jpg

http://www.hogdb.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/terrence-cody.JPG

mylittlepony
02-27-2010, 03:45 PM
You actually ****ing believe that?

Hum yeah, they said "Cody just walked by us". Why would they make that up? I might be really gullable but yeah I really fell for it. :eek:

Hammock Parties
02-27-2010, 07:07 PM
Christ almighty, that guy is not in football shape, I don't care what anyone says.

Mecca
02-27-2010, 07:15 PM
Christ almighty, that guy is not in football shape, I don't care what anyone says.

Pretty much no nose tackles look in shape, I present to you Wilforks huge gut and Ted Washington as examples.

Hammock Parties
02-27-2010, 08:07 PM
Pretty much no nose tackles look in shape, I present to you Wilforks huge gut and Ted Washington as examples.

I'm not talking about guts. I'm talking about saggy man tits and zero muscular definition on the arms.

Where are Casey Hampton's huge saggy man tits?

http://i.imgur.com/tPLIR.jpg (https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1174)

Mecca
02-27-2010, 08:09 PM
Casey Hampton is also like 6'1, completely different type of build.

Also for his size Cody is actually pretty athletic.

chiefzilla1501
02-28-2010, 11:14 AM

He also had no discipline to keep the pounds off going into the senior bowl. That's like walking into your first interview wearing t-shirts and boxer shorts.

I'm not impressed with him losing 20 lbs as much as I am disgusted that he put on 20 lbs before that.

Mecca
02-28-2010, 03:58 PM
He also had no discipline to keep the pounds off going into the senior bowl. That's like walking into your first interview wearing t-shirts and boxer shorts.

I'm not impressed with him losing 20 lbs as much as I am disgusted that he put on 20 lbs before that.

I don't remotely believe he put on 20lbs after the season, I think Bama was flubbing his weight.