PDA

View Full Version : Prayer Request Prayers Needed For Bro-in-law

DMAC
02-25-2010, 08:53 AM
Bad situation...

Bro-in-laws wife left him after 10 years. They have 3 kids together and one from a previous marriage who has now gone back with the mom.

He was blindsided by this whole deal as was the entire family. He is taking it real hard...drinkin and such. And now the doc has prescribed him xanax for depression and he has abused the hell out of them and combined them with his drinking. He has been acting completely out of control lately. We are trying to get him help and get him through this divorce at the same time.

Dude is a great guy and just needs to get through this. Any prayers would be appreciated.

Pushead2
02-25-2010, 09:06 AM
help him stay strong.....thoughts your way.

MVChiefFan
02-25-2010, 09:14 AM
You got it.

MOhillbilly
02-25-2010, 09:14 AM
take his ass to north dude. A little RnR and a eval may be best before he hurts someone, before he hurts himself, it may be in his best intrest.

DMAC
02-25-2010, 11:36 AM
take his ass to north dude. A little RnR and a eval may be best before he hurts someone, before he hurts himself, it may be in his best intrest.
You mean Cox North?

soopamanluva
02-25-2010, 11:38 AM
Gotcha

MOhillbilly
02-25-2010, 11:44 AM
You mean Cox North?

yes.

Earthling
02-25-2010, 01:25 PM
Good luck to your friend. Thats a tough situation that a lot of us have gone through. Mine was about 38 years ago. Life does go on and does get better but its the dregs when that happens.

patteeu
02-25-2010, 01:31 PM
That sucks. Good luck to your BiL. At least he has a caring family looking out for him.

MOhillbilly
02-25-2010, 01:35 PM
DMAC the transition is smooth if you can talk him into seeking proffesional help and get him into a mental health facility i would do it. Ive taken acouple friends up there and sat with them through the initial proceedings.

If you think this is an option i would asap. If he isnt suicidal he can probably get an eval and be out and on the right path in 3 days, if he is suicidal its more like a 5 day stay.

The people wont make him feel like a pussy or a bitch, they are super nice.
Just take him up to the ER walk in at north and tell em whats going on.
i can assure you its extremely low key.
Good luck dude, this is a tough row to hoe.

patteeu
02-25-2010, 01:39 PM
DMAC the transition is smooth if you can talk him into seeking proffesional help and get him into a mental health facility i would do it. Ive taken acouple friends up there and sat with them through the initial proceedings.

If you think this is an option i would asap. If he isnt suicidal he can probably get an eval and be out and on the right path in 3 days, if he is suicidal its more like a 5 day stay.

The people wont make him feel like a pussy or a bitch, they are super nice.
Just take him up to the ER walk in at north and tell em whats going on.
i can assure you its extremely low key.
Good luck dude, this is a tough row to hoe.

If he needs it, this is probably a fine idea. If he doesn't need it and his future ex-wife gets wind of it, it could be used against him in any custody battle. Of course, drinking and drugging can be used against him too. FWIW.

sodcat
02-25-2010, 01:39 PM
Prayers for him and his family........

MOhillbilly
02-25-2010, 01:43 PM
If he needs it, this is probably a fine idea. If he doesn't need it and his future ex-wife gets wind of it, it could be used against him in any custody battle. Of course, drinking and drugging can be used against him too. FWIW.

Guy the dude is self medicatin as it is. Ive seen it enough times that in my honest opinion he is settin himself up for a run in w/ a bullit. The fact that he is willing to seek help would/ should show the court that the guys on the right track.

Simply Red
02-25-2010, 01:50 PM
sorry man, hang in there. Alcohol is a tough problem, well, so are the pills.

I'll pray tonight.

Lono
02-25-2010, 01:52 PM
Will say a prayer for you BIL. Divorce is a tough pill to swallow.

ROYC75
02-25-2010, 02:54 PM
Thoughts & Prayers, God Bless all .