PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Schefter's says Bradford is a lock to go #1

LaChapelle
02-25-2010, 06:36 PM
ESPN's Adam Schefter told a St. Louis radio station he is "willing to take all bets" on his prediction that the Rams will select Oklahoma QB Sam Bradford with the No. 1 overall pick.

Schefter admits that he has not spoken to the Rams about the issue, but he insists he doesn't need to because he's "heard enough other things" from people around the league that he considers it a lock. Schefter also "promises" that Bradford is a top-5 player in this draft. The Rams are also reluctant to pay the going rate at No. 1 for a defensive player. If Schefter is correct, the Lions are sitting pretty at No. 2 with their choice of Ndamukong Suh and Gerald McCoy/Rotoworld

KCrockaholic
02-25-2010, 06:37 PM
Schefter needs to stay out of my dreams dammit.

LaChapelle
02-25-2010, 06:38 PM
How tall are you Adam?

KCrockaholic
02-25-2010, 06:41 PM
How tall are you Adam?

5'11, I swear!

DeezNutz
02-25-2010, 06:44 PM
Great.

Titty Meat
02-25-2010, 06:45 PM
Thats not happenin bruh.

Saccopoo
02-25-2010, 06:49 PM
Bradford will go #1, Detroit takes McCoy, Bucs take Suh, Skins will then take Clausen, and we end up in a perfect situation to take Okung.

KCrockaholic
02-25-2010, 06:49 PM
So under the unlikely circumstance that McCoy is available at #5 how much more valuable would that make our pick for trade partners?

KCrockaholic
02-25-2010, 06:50 PM
Bradford will go #1, Detroit takes McCoy, Bucs take Suh, Skins will then take Clausen, and we end up in a perfect situation to take Okung.

With Berry still on the board...

:banghead:

kstater
02-25-2010, 06:51 PM
It's going to be hard for STL to take him at 1 when they trade for that TB QB.

Mr. Laz
02-25-2010, 06:52 PM
:clap:

Saccopoo
02-25-2010, 06:54 PM
With Berry still on the board...

:banghead:

Who?

kstater
02-25-2010, 06:55 PM
Who?

Does it hurt when you think?

Frazod
02-25-2010, 06:57 PM
I hope he ends up in Denver, because (1) I believe he'll suck ass, and (2) that way I can go on hating him. :#

KCrockaholic
02-25-2010, 06:59 PM
I hope he ends up in Denver, because (1) I believe he'll suck ass, and (2) that way I can go on hating him. :#

Most Donk fans want Tebow badly. I find it funny. A lot of these guys out here want to take him with their 1st round pick.

Frazod
02-25-2010, 07:02 PM
Most Donk fans want Tebow badly. I find it funny. A lot of these guys out here want to take him with their 1st round pick.

That works, too. :D

Mr. Flopnuts
02-25-2010, 07:03 PM
Poor DaKCMan if that happens. You can bet he would not think that was very awesome.

KCrockaholic
02-25-2010, 07:06 PM
Poor DaKCMan if that happens. You can bet he would not think that was very awesome.

I would be a little torn. I like Tebow a lot. I wish him to do very well in the NFL partially because I've been a Florida fan for the time that he was a gator. But if he went to Denver it would be a great laugh.

Frazod
02-25-2010, 07:07 PM

I'd think it was awesome enough for all of us. :evil:

Dante84
02-25-2010, 07:09 PM
St. Louis and Tampa swap. Count it.
HOWEVER:
St. Louis will leverage Tampa's offer with Detroit's, and let them duke it out for Suh. If Detroit is happy with McCoy, they won't get in a bidding war. But if they do, the Rams could pull a king's ransom for the #1 spot.

If Detroit and St. Louis swap, and leave Tampa in the 3 spot, St. Louis can again play the bidding war game with the #2 spot for McCoy. If Tampa REALLY wants a DT over, say, Berry, they will play the game. I don't see the Rams getting out of the top 5, as they will want the first choice of QB's.

Tampa/Detroit gets choice of DT; Rams get their same player (Bradford) at 2 or 3.... or ???.

DumbHillbillies
02-25-2010, 07:45 PM

:facepalm: I was with until okung. No way pioli does that to us.

Mecca
02-25-2010, 07:47 PM
I think Bradford is going to be the 1st QB that goes, I keep reading that NFL people think he's Matt Ryan and a leader.

Titty Meat
02-25-2010, 07:48 PM
I think Bradford is going to be the 1st QB that goes, I keep reading that NFL people think he's Matt Ryan and a leader.

He's more like Alex Smith except half the athelete.

Titty Meat
02-25-2010, 07:48 PM
And a more accurate passer.

Mecca
02-25-2010, 07:49 PM
But that's what they think as of today and they seem to all think Clausen is an asshole with questionable attitude.

I think Clausens upside is much higher but the NFL is all about safe these days.

notorious
02-25-2010, 07:49 PM
Does it hurt when you think?

Gotta have the required equipment.......

Titty Meat
02-25-2010, 07:51 PM
But that's what they think as of today and they seem to all think Clausen is an asshole with questionable attitude.

I think Clausens upside is much higher but the NFL is all about safe these days.

By asshole do they mean confident? I trust Weis over the NFL scouts when it comes to Clausen.

BigRedChief
02-25-2010, 08:05 PM
ESPN's Adam Schefter told a St. Louis radio station he is "willing to take all bets" on his prediction that the Rams will select Oklahoma QB Sam Bradford with the No. 1 overall pick.

Schefter admits that he has not spoken to the Rams about the issue, but he insists he doesn't need to because he's "heard enough other things" from people around the league that he considers it a lock. Schefter also "promises" that Bradford is a top-5 player in this draft. The Rams are also reluctant to pay the going rate at No. 1 for a defensive player. If Schefter is correct, the Lions are sitting pretty at No. 2 with their choice of Ndamukong Suh and Gerald McCoy/RotoworldOkay I reported from my source that the Weiss coming to KC was a done deal. Then one hour later this schefter guy posts an article on ESPN that said the Weiss wasn't coming to KC? The deal is not done and maybe dead. wellll by the afternoon it was officially announced. You don't mess with the Zohan!

So take this guys "reporting" with that shaker of salt.

|Zach|
02-25-2010, 08:38 PM
Okay I reported from my source that the Weiss coming to KC was a done deal. Then one hour later this schefter guy posts an article on ESPN that said the Weiss wasn't coming to KC? The deal is not done and maybe dead. wellll by the afternoon it was officially announced. You don't mess with the Zohan!

So take this guys "reporting" with that shaker of salt.

You are cherry picking. Schefter does really strong work.

Titty Meat
02-25-2010, 08:39 PM
Didn't Schefter also say Pioli wasn't going to KC?

BigRedChief
02-25-2010, 08:42 PM
You are cherry picking. Schefter does really strong work.I agree. But like most "national" writers/reporters we local guys get more good Chiefs info than they do. With King Carl it was different. The national guys had better info but its different now. I like Adam, he's better than most.

BigRedChief
02-25-2010, 08:42 PM
Didn't Schefter also say Pioli wasn't going to KC?Now, that you mention it....:LOL:

Mr. Laz
02-25-2010, 08:47 PM
shefter is a dam denver homer ... he's predict bad things for the chiefs whenever he gets the chance.

|Zach|
02-25-2010, 08:49 PM
shefter is a dam denver homer ... he's predict bad things for the chiefs whenever he gets the chance.

Laz, never quite comfortable if he isn't in the victim role.

Titty Meat
02-25-2010, 08:49 PM
Whatever you have to do be the victim.

Zach is teh funny.

Titty Meat
02-25-2010, 10:51 PM
According to John Clayton "If this were a perfect world, Suh, McCoy and Berry could go 1-2-3. The draft isn't perfect anymore because of economics. That's why I think the quarterbacks will move up with maybe one -- most likely Bradford -- going to the Rams."