PDA

View Full Version : I'll do my preliminary top 16 mock, now full first round

Mecca
02-26-2010, 03:07 AM
More to come after the combine is done but this is how I see the top half of the draft shaking at right now...

1. St Louis-Sam Bradford QB, Oklahoma, I think this team will take a QB and I think Bradford will be their guy, now it may be at 1 or it may be at 3.

2. Detroit-Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraksa, The Lions really sit in a nice spot at 2, they will either get the best player or 2nd best player in the draft and fill a massive need at DT, they luck out here and get the best player in the draft.

3. Tampa Bay-Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma, Tampa gets one of the DT's which is what they want to make sure they get, here they settle with McCoy who is a very elite prospect in his own right inspite of being overshadowed by Suh.

4. Washington-Jimmy Clausen QB,Notre Dame, Washington has to get a QB and Shanahan gets a very naturally gifted player to mold how he wants here.

5. Kansas City-Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State, I don't like this at all but I think this comes down to doing the safe thing. I think this pick is between Okung and McClain and they'll settle on Okung as he has higher positional value and I don't think McClain will test well in workouts. I don't believe the Chiefs will strongly consider Berry in a deep safety class. This to me frankly comes down to Pioli not wanting Cassel to fail and going with the consensus pick as Okung is a pick basically no one will question nationally.

6. Seattle-Eric Berry, S, Tennessee, A team in need of playmakers has the best one in the draft fall right into their laps.

7. Cleveland-Joe Haden, CB, Florida, With a high number of players Cleveland would have coveted gone, they opt to go with the best player left. Wouldn't rule out Dan Williams here.

8. Oakland-Jason Pierre Paul, athletic freak with huge upside and Oakland, enough said.

9. Buffalo-Dan Williams, DT, Tennessee, Switching to 3-4 they opt to build up the defensive line first. Dan Williams in my view is going to be a very high riser and go somewhere in this area.

10. Denver-Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma State-with the likely moving of Marshall this pick makes the most sense and is about where Bryant should go.

11. Jacksonville-Derrick Morgan-DE, GT, I'm not personally a big fan of Morgan but he fits what they do and they heavily need an end after the failure of Derrick Harvey to this point. The other best players left are OT's and they covered that last year.

12. Dolphins-Rolando McClain, ILB, Alabama, Parcells makes the typical Parcells pick, guy loves LB's and hasn't drafted one in Miami yet. Not to mention they aren't high on Crowder and may be moving on from him. They might consider Kindle here if they sort out the ILB position.

13. San Fran-Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers, basically the 49ers get a player with top 10 talent falling into their laps due to the teams in front of them.

14. Seattle-Charles Brown, OT, USC, Brown is a guy I expect to massively rise leading into the draft, he gained weight and is now over 300lbs, he's very athletic, he's a perfect fit for the zone blocking scheme that Carroll and Gibbs will employ.

15. New York Giants-Earl Thomas, S/CB, Texas- I think Thomas will be viewed by many as a CB but the Giants need playmakers especially in the back 7 on defense. Thomas can either push Michael Johnson to the bench at FS or take over at CB and push Terrell Thomas back to FS.

16. Tennessee-Carlos Dunlap, DE, Florida, Physically speaking Dunlap is a top 5 player but is very on and off, the Titans love ends with huge upside and he basically fits the profile of defensive linemen that they take.

17. San Fran-CJ Spiller, RB, Clemson, San Fran is a little torn here on whether to go with Mays or Spiller but they opt for maybe the best playmaker in this draft and he fills several holes for them.

18. Pittsburgh-Taylor Mays, S, USC, Basically a nightmare situation where Mays slides into a perfect situation for him. He will get excellent coaching and form possibility the best safety tandem in the game with Polamalu, outstanding compliments to each other and a very intimidating middle of the field.

19. Atlanta-Sean Weatherspoon, OLB, Missouri, Maybe a slight surprise but Weatherspoon is rising fast. With the defense Atlanta plays and the young players they'll be counting on to return this is a solid pick for him, he pairs with Lofton to make a nice young LB duo.

20. Houston-Brian Price, DT, UCLA, Price is a very very good player, outstanding at getting into the backfield, basically spent 3 years living in the opponents backfield in the Pac 10. Houston needed a DT badly to go with their other nice young D personnel is pretty thrilled he's here.

21. Cincy-Arrelious Benn, WR, Illinois-Benn has all the physical tools, outstanding size, great speed, great returner, he just comes from playing with Juice Williams and also showed some durability and consistency issues. Cincy badly needs a playmaker on the outside, they opt for the most talented outside player on the board in Rejus.

22. New England-Jared Odrick, DE/DT, Penn State, NE fills one of their needs at 5 tech DE with this pick, Odrick is very naturally gifted, in the mold that NE likes standing at 6'5 and about 300lbs also has a huge frame to grow. Would consider Kindle or Graham here but NE never uses high picks on LB's as Belichick prefers vets there.

23. Green Bay-Sergio Kindle, OLB, Texas, Green Bay is thrilled to have him still on the board. Everyone would figure OT here but Ted Thompson is a best player on the board drafter and Kindle is that guy at this point. Should solidly transition to 3-4 OLB with experience as a 4-3 OLB and 4-3 DE. In some ways has similar experience as Clay Matthews did but wasn't as well coached but is more naturally talented, outstanding fit. If Kindle happens to be gone would likely heavily consider Brandon Graham.

24. Philly-Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa, Knowing what the Eagles value this is where I'd place this pick. They've had a lot of injury issues on the OL and some of their guys are starting to get older, the Eagles value OL more than any other team in the league. If they didn't go OL here I could see them possibly taking Gresham giving them nasty skill position players.

25. Baltimore-Damian Williams, WR, USC, Baltimore desperately needs WR's that can play right now, Williams is very polished, reminds me of a mix of the Giants Steve Smith and Reggie Wayne. So opting for the guy who is ready to contribute right now makes sense here.

26. Arizona-Brandon Graham, OLB, Michigan-To good of a value to pass up for a team that needs pass rushers in a bad way.

27. Dallas-Mike Iupati, OG, Idaho, Perfect fit for the system the Cowboys run, would step into LG from day 1 kicking Kosier either off the team or to the bench, he's had serious problems staying healthy. Doug Free is ready to start at RT leaving Flozell Adams as the only OL they need to replace quickly.

28. San Diego-Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma, Williams falls a bit due to essentially being a RT but San Diego is happy to get him here filling one of their few needs.

29. New York Jets- Brandon Lafell, WR, LSU, The Jets don't have a ton of needs but a WR is a big one and Lafell fits how this team play. He's big, physical and has good hands. Bit of a down senior year but is excellent value here, Tate is also an option but Lafell fits better.

30. Minnesota-Jermaine Gresham, TE, Okahoma, Great value pick, Gresham is a top 15 talent falling to this pick do to injury.

31. Indy-Bruce Campbell, OT, Maryland-Campbell may end up as a guard but Indy needs to get some better OL to improve their run game, calculated risk pick here.

32. New Orleans Navarro Bowman, OLB, Penn State, Bowman has some off the field issues but he is a prototype 4-3 OLB. Great natural talent that falls to this pick well worth the risk here.

BossChief
02-26-2010, 03:19 AM
I would die a little inside if that happened.

Mecca
02-26-2010, 03:21 AM
I would die a little inside if that happened.

As in my mock socks or as in you think I have the Chiefs doing something you don't like?

Saccopoo
02-26-2010, 03:30 AM
I could see it falling very close to that.

I still believe that NFL teams aren't going to give a free pass to JPP in the first round, but otherwise, the picks make sense.

Mecca
02-26-2010, 03:31 AM
It's the Raiders, they're the team that would take JPP there.

BossChief
02-26-2010, 03:34 AM
As in my mock socks or as in you think I have the Chiefs doing something you don't like?
The mock is probably pretty accurate. I just dont want to hear about how Pioli will make another mistake to cover up his one he made last year.

Literally, I would rather us take any of the other guys you have in that mock (other than Morgan or the other tackles) over Okung.

BossChief
02-26-2010, 03:36 AM
Ill say it again. If we take Okung, we better knock the rest of the draft out of the park.

Mecca
02-26-2010, 03:37 AM
Ill say it again. If we take Okung, we better knock the rest of the draft out of the park.

I think it's either McClain or Okung, answer this question, how much do you believe the Chiefs factor in the offseason process?

Okung is essentially the exact weight, arm length and all that jazz that Haley tried to turn Albert into. And I don't think McClain will be a perfect prospect with his workouts to really warrant being a top 10 pick.

If you wanna year something really ridiculous, if the Chiefs came up and say Washington took Okung I could see the Chiefs taking Charles Brown...5th.

salame
02-26-2010, 03:46 AM
mecca are you drunk?
not the mock but the way you are spelling.
;)

Mecca
02-26-2010, 03:48 AM
Hey it's late man give me a bit of a break here.

BossChief
02-26-2010, 04:03 AM
I think it's either McClain or Okung, answer this question, how much do you believe the Chiefs factor in the offseason process?

Okung is essentially the exact weight, arm length and all that jazz that Haley tried to turn Albert into. And I don't think McClain will be a perfect prospect with his workouts to really warrant being a top 10 pick.

If you wanna year something really ridiculous, if the Chiefs came up and say Washington took Okung I could see the Chiefs taking Charles Brown...5th.

not sure I understand what you're asking here...

Chiefs=Champions
02-26-2010, 05:54 AM
That mock seems about right to me. sadly.... :(

KCUnited
02-26-2010, 07:33 AM
I think Pioli will make the safe/value pick as well. If we do draft Okung, where does the line shake out? Albert at G? Okung at LT? RT?

mylittlepony
02-26-2010, 07:51 AM
I feel your lack of Mays is disturbing. :#

BigCatDaddy
02-26-2010, 08:02 AM
I think your distain for Pioli has caused you to think he will make a poor selection like Okung or McClain at that spot.

Coogs
02-26-2010, 08:45 AM
Unfortunately, I think the top 4 picks are pretty much spot on as of today. And I know many people don't agree with me, but that last game of the season win against Denver could haunt us for many years to come.

BigCatDaddy
02-26-2010, 08:52 AM
Unfortunately, I think the top 4 picks are pretty much spot on as of today. And I know many people don't agree with me, but that last game of the season win against Denver could haunt us for many years to come.

Why do you think that? Because we miss out on a QB?

oldandslow
02-26-2010, 08:52 AM
Mecca:

Rep...I don't like it, but that is exactly how it is gonna turn out....

and to be blunt, it is MUCH better than T. Jackson. Last year was a killer.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-26-2010, 08:59 AM
Even if that happened, the vast majority of the board would still cut their mother's throat to be the first to suck Pioli's dick in a blowbang.

Coogs
02-26-2010, 09:11 AM
Why do you think that? Because we miss out on a QB?

Yep.

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-26-2010, 09:25 AM
Pioli has stated that you build a team from the inside out meaning you have to have solid lines, so this pick isn't unreasonable. We'll get two playmakers in the 2nd. I think a WR/KR with 2A and a linebacker with 2B.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-26-2010, 09:27 AM
Pioli has stated that you build a team from the inside out meaning you have to have solid lines, so this pick isn't unreasonable. We'll get two playmakers in the 2nd. I think a WR/KR with 2A and a linebacker with 2B.

If you want to build this team on the line, then draft a fucking G, C, or RT with a mid round pick.

Reaper16
02-26-2010, 09:32 AM
I think your distain for Pioli has caused you to think he will make a poor selection like Okung or McClain at that spot.
Disdain. And yeah, of course he thinks Pioli will make a poor selection. Is there anyone who doesn't?

BigCatDaddy
02-26-2010, 10:02 AM
Disdain. And yeah, of course he thinks Pioli will make a poor selection. Is there anyone who doesn't?

I'm optimistic at the moment, but a repeat of last year sinks my ship.

Dave Lane
02-26-2010, 11:19 AM
If all the minds at 1 Arrowhead Dr. decide that Okung is the right pick. I'll totally back them. I'm really feeling that with 3 known good minds and Haley this draft should be a good one.

I'm thinking of starting a a pick the play makers of the 2010 Draft thread so everyone can before the draft toss their ideas out there and we can check back in 3-4 years and see how we did. I think it would be a blast every year to see if we can beat Pioli or not.

What do you think?

Reaper16
02-26-2010, 11:22 AM
I'm thinking of starting a a pick the play makers of the 2010 Draft thread so everyone can before the draft toss their ideas out there and we can check back in 3-4 years and see how we did. I think it would be a blast every year to see if we can beat Pioli or not.

What do you think?
We already do that.

RealSNR
02-26-2010, 11:29 AM
Even if that happened, Laz and Saccopoo would still cut their mother's throat to be the first to suck Pioli's dick in a blowbang.FYP.

I've seen the majority of the board bag on taking a LT there. Maybe it's just because they're more vocal, though.

RealSNR
02-26-2010, 11:29 AM
If all the minds at 1 Arrowhead Dr. decide that Okung is the right pick. I'll totally back them. I'm really feeling that with 3 known good minds and Haley this draft should be a good one.

What do you think?Paging Rain Man... you have a call on line 2

melbar
02-26-2010, 12:06 PM
Mecca, I actually agree with what you say here. Not sure i like it too much this year as this team has yet to add a playmaker or develop a personality. If they can give Cassel an extra second or 2 to throw, they'll make the decision to sign him look much better and the offense as a whole jump forward. Now, I know this is what you think they will do, what would YOU do?

Mecca
02-26-2010, 04:19 PM
Mays would go in the next couple of picks...

Anyway Boss what I was asking you was how much the Chiefs would value the combine, workouts, etc etc.

Okung is going to be far more impressive than McClain is in that regard.

Titty Meat
02-26-2010, 05:05 PM
and people said shit when I sid Pioli would draft Dan Williams.

Dave Lane
02-26-2010, 05:20 PM
We already do that.

Really? Where is this years?

Reaper16
02-26-2010, 05:23 PM
Really? Where is this years?
Not in any ****Official Hey Look At Who We Picked Three Years Ago Thread**** sense. But all the major DraftPlanet people keep tabs on the players who they were pimping.

Deberg_1990
02-26-2010, 05:35 PM
What if the Rams pass on Bradford?

Then either Bradford or Claussen will be there when the Chiefs pick.......

What would they do??

Mecca
02-26-2010, 05:41 PM

What would they do??

Call Buffalo and see if they want to move up.

Saccopoo
02-26-2010, 05:48 PM
If you want to build this team on the line, then draft a ****ing G, C, or RT with a mid round pick.

Hopefully they will and join Okung and Albert on the line.

BigCatDaddy
02-26-2010, 06:44 PM

I would love that pick. It would do wonders for that D right away.

BigCatDaddy
02-26-2010, 06:45 PM

What would they do??

You picking the freaking QB that Carl was so damn scared to take!

Mecca
02-26-2010, 06:51 PM
I added the rest of the 1st round.

Saccopoo
02-26-2010, 07:00 PM

Plagiarist!!!

You ripped my 18 through 22 picks!

cabletech94
02-26-2010, 07:01 PM

Not real knowledgeable about college ball, but I think this would be an ideal situation. IF we got enough picks. Pretty big if, tho.

Mecca
02-26-2010, 07:03 PM
Plagiarist!!!

You ripped my 18 through 22 picks!

Guess we agree on a few things.

Saccopoo
02-26-2010, 07:05 PM
I do like what you did with the Seahawks though. I was a bit squeamish putting Bulaga there. I shoulda gave them Berry and that would justify the second pick of Brown. I think I'll mod mine in tribute to your insight and brilliance Mecca.

Coogs
02-26-2010, 07:08 PM

Tim Tebow would be available to us at our first pick in the 2nd round under this scenario. Rams, Lions, Buccs, and Skins would all have a QB selected in the 1st round the last two years.

I know I may be on an island all by myself on this one, but I would take Tebow at that point.

doomy3
02-26-2010, 07:11 PM
Tim Tebow would be available to us at our first pick in the 2nd round under this scenario. Rams, Lions, Buccs, and Skins would all have a QB selected in the 1st round the last two years.

I know I may be on an island all by myself on this one, but I would take Tebow at that point.

According to Walter's last mock, Tebow would be available to us at our FOURTH round pick.

I like Tebow, but honestly, I don't know how we could pass up a lot of the talent that will be available in the second, at positions of major need.

doomy3
02-26-2010, 07:12 PM

That'd be awesome.

There is so much talent that will be available in the second round. I would LOVE to move back a few slots and net an extra second.

Titty Meat
02-26-2010, 07:16 PM
I see Mecca also has Thomas ahead of Mays. Remember when I made that thread people thought I was crazy? Mays will probably be the better player for the first year or so but wait til Thomas put on 10 pounds.

Mecca
02-26-2010, 07:18 PM
I think Thomas is going high because many teams will have him listed as a CB.

Thomas is not good in run support.

Titty Meat
02-26-2010, 07:20 PM
I think Thomas is going high because many teams will have him listed as a CB.

Thomas is not good in run support.

He's a ball hawk though.

Titty Meat
02-26-2010, 07:21 PM
And I think Minnesota will draft Bowman. Leber is getting old and Shacoine (sp?) is a pretty good tight end.

Coogs
02-26-2010, 07:26 PM
According to Walter's last mock, Tebow would be available to us at our FOURTH round pick.

Pick #74 for Walt to Jax
Pick #47 for Matt to NE (wouldn't be there for us at #50)

Mecca
02-26-2010, 07:40 PM
And I think Minnesota will draft Bowman. Leber is getting old and Shacoine (sp?) is a pretty good tight end.

I have Bowman a little high actually, he has major character flaws.

Saccopoo
02-26-2010, 07:46 PM

I like Tebow, but honestly, I don't know how we could pass up a lot of the talent that will be available in the second, at positions of major need.

Jacksonville will not let him slide past the second or third. The season ticket sales alone are worth the second round pick of Tebow by the Jags, and like someone said, with that guys work ethic, determination and physical attributes, I'm not betting against him that he won't be a pretty darn good NFL quarterback when it's all said and done.

Guys like Joe Montana and Tom Brady lasted until the fourth and sixth rounds respectively because of questions on their physical skills and potential. But you can't put a price on leadership and determination. And he's got that in spades.

Coogs
02-26-2010, 07:49 PM
Jacksonville will not let him slide past the second or third. The season ticket sales alone are worth the second round pick of Tebow by the Jags, and like someone said, with that guys work ethic, determination and physical attributes, I'm not betting against him that he won't be a pretty darn good NFL quarterback when it's all said and done.

Guys like Joe Montana and Tom Brady lasted until the fourth and sixth rounds respectively because of questions on their physical skills and potential. But you can't put a price on leadership and determination. And he's got that in spades.

That would be me, and I agree with Jax won't let him by in the 2nd. That is why I would go with him with our first 2nd rounder. Then focus on filling spots of need matched with BPA.

HemiEd
02-26-2010, 11:17 PM
If you want to build this team on the line, then draft a ****ing G, C, or RT with a mid round pick.

Exactly, what about Will Shields did they miss? Instead, they threw 6ths and 7ths at the positions for several years, and came up with nothings.

Quesadilla Joe
02-26-2010, 11:39 PM

That is what I said after the Jets won.

The Chiefs hurt there draft position and helped Denvers in a meaningless game. :)

Titty Meat
02-26-2010, 11:48 PM
I have Bowman a little high actually, he has major character flaws.

I don't think Minnesota cares. Remember Harvin had character flaws too and so did Jarred Allen.

RealSNR
02-27-2010, 11:31 AM

The Chiefs hurt there draft position and helped Denvers in a meaningless game. :)Oh noez! We could have moved up and still selected Russell Okung!

WEER ALL GONNA DIE!!!

Mecca
02-28-2010, 12:14 AM
Probably going to do another one of these after the combine, there's already a few changes coming.

BossChief
02-28-2010, 04:30 AM
Mays would go in the next couple of picks...

Anyway Boss what I was asking you was how much the Chiefs would value the combine, workouts, etc etc.

Okung is going to be far more impressive than McClain is in that regard.
I think Pioli has said that he values game film more than workouts, but I can see the workouts holding some deciding weight to who they draft.

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-28-2010, 06:42 AM

The Chiefs Completely stomped Denvers ass and showed the league how stupid McDaniels was for sitting his only good player in a game that could have had playoff implications.. :)

fixed your dumbass post.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-28-2010, 08:58 AM
I think Pioli has said that he values game film more than workouts, but I can see the workouts holding some deciding weight to who they draft.

Tyson Jackson had awful workouts.

20 BP Reps
17 on his Wonderlic
4.94 40
28.5" vertical
8'6" broad jump.

DaneMcCloud
02-28-2010, 04:54 PM
Tyson Jackson had awful workouts.

20 BP Reps
17 on his Wonderlic
4.94 40
28.5" vertical
8'6" broad jump.

Further proof that the guy's a bum.

I wonder if the Chiefs would have taken him with Crennel around?

BossChief
02-28-2010, 05:26 PM
Further proof that the guy's a bum.

I wonder if the Chiefs would have taken him with Crennel around?

This backs up my statement that they really dont care about the combine (at least for certain positions) They must have seen a guy they fell involve with during his film.

TJ was Piolis statement that "we were gonna run a 3-4 defense" and "we are gonna focus on fixing our run defense first and foremost"

They had to see something in him that made them (and about every 3-4 team picking after us) want him in the top of the first round.

Are those numbers all that horrible for a 300 pounder? Not meaning to be a smart ass one bit, I cant find a site with past times on it and would like to see a comparison of his numbers as opposed to some of the better 5-tecs in the NFL to see how they match up. Only 20 reps is pretty astounding.

milkman
02-28-2010, 05:30 PM
TJ was Piolis statement that "we were gonna run a 3-4 defense" and "we are gonna focus on fixing our run defense first and foremost"

They had to see something in him that made them (and about every 3-4 team picking after us) want him in the top of the first round.

Are those numbers all that horrible for a 300 pounder? Not meaning to be a smart ass one bit, I cant find a site with past times on it and would like to see a comparison of his numbers as opposed to some of the better 5-tecs in the NFL to see how they match up. Only 20 reps is pretty astounding.

Dexter McCluchon (sp), all 5'8" and 172 lbs of him, did 20 reps at the combine today.

BossChief
02-28-2010, 05:32 PM
Dexter McCluchon (sp), all 5'8" and 172 lbs of him, did 20 reps at the combine today.

I know. And he matches up against tackles that can bench 225 at least 35 times.

DaneMcCloud
02-28-2010, 06:37 PM
This backs up my statement that they really dont care about the combine (at least for certain positions) They must have seen a guy they fell involve with during his film.

Which continues to back up the fact that they're fucking stupid and had THE worst draft in the entire history of the Chiefs franchise.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-28-2010, 06:47 PM
The Parcells guys are absolutely obsessed with size.

They have a weird attraction to measureables, but it's not 40 time, bench #s, vertical, 3 cone drill, or any of that shit.

They are averse to spending top picks on WRs (the only 1st rounder Parcells ever spent on a WR was Terry Glenn, and the Pats have never done it).

They love guys who are big with long arms. It's Parcells' dumb fucking Planet Theory. Jackson got drafted at 3 because of the Planet Theory. They looked at his size (rather than his explosiveness) and his arm length (rather than his production) and figured that they could make him a good 5 technique.

In some ways, you could argue that the Parcells guys don't draft workout warriors, they draft tape measure warriors.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-28-2010, 06:53 PM

<table class="wikitable" style="font-size: 89%;"><tbody><tr><td colspan="20" align="center">Pre-draft measureables</td> </tr> <tr> <th>Ht</th> <th>Wt</th> <th>40-yard dash (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/40-yard_dash)</th> <th>10-yd split</th> <th>20-yd split</th> <th>20-ss (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/20-yard_shuttle)</th> <th>3-cone (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3_cone_drill)</th> <th>Vert (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vertical_jump)</th> <th>Broad (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broad_jump)</th> <th>BP (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bench_Press)</th> <th>Wonderlic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wonderlic)</th> </tr> <tr> <td align="center">6′4⅛″</td> <td align="center">296 lb</td> <td align="center">4.94</td> <td align="center">1.68</td> <td align="center">2.79</td> <td align="center">4.80</td> <td align="center">7.64</td> <td align="center">28½ in.</td> <td align="center">8′6″</td> <td align="center">20 rep</td> <td align="center">17</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="20" align="center"><small>Bench from LSU Pro Day, all others from NFL Combine (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_Combine)</small></td></tr></tbody></table>

<table class="wikitable" style="font-size: 89%;"><tbody><tr><td colspan="11" align="center">Pre-draft measureables</td> </tr> <tr> <th>Ht</th> <th>Wt</th> <th>40-yard dash (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/40_yard_dash)</th> <th>10-yd split</th> <th>20-yd split</th> <th>20 ss (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/20_yard_shuttle)</th> <th>3-cone (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3_cone_drill)</th> <th>Vert (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vertical_jump)</th> <th>Broad</th> <th>BP (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bench_Press)</th> <th>Wonderlic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wonderlic)</th> </tr> <tr> <td align="center">6-2½ *</td> <td align="center">298 lb *</td> <td align="center">4.82 **</td> <td align="center">1.62 **</td> <td align="center">2.77 **</td> <td align="center">4.42 **</td> <td align="center">7.15 **</td> <td align="center">29½″ *</td> <td align="center">9′05″ **</td> <td align="center">30 *</td> <td align="center">15 *</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <small>(* represents NFL Combine (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_Combine) ** represents Purdue Pro Day)</small>

<small>The top is Jackson, The bottom is Magee.
</small>

Mecca
02-28-2010, 07:02 PM
The size thing is why I start cracking up laughing when anyone even suggests our team or the Pats would draft Brandon Graham.

BossChief
02-28-2010, 07:06 PM
<table class="wikitable" style="font-size: 89%;"><tbody><tr><td colspan="20" align="center">Pre-draft measureables</td> </tr> <tr> <th>Ht</th> <th>Wt</th> <th>40-yard dash (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/40-yard_dash)</th> <th>10-yd split</th> <th>20-yd split</th> <th>20-ss (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/20-yard_shuttle)</th> <th>3-cone (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3_cone_drill)</th> <th>Vert (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vertical_jump)</th> <th>Broad (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broad_jump)</th> <th>BP (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bench_Press)</th> <th>Wonderlic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wonderlic)</th> </tr> <tr> <td align="center">6′4⅛″</td> <td align="center">296 lb</td> <td align="center">4.94</td> <td align="center">1.68</td> <td align="center">2.79</td> <td align="center">4.80</td> <td align="center">7.64</td> <td align="center">28½ in.</td> <td align="center">8′6″</td> <td align="center">20 rep</td> <td align="center">17</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="20" align="center"><small>Bench from LSU Pro Day, all others from NFL Combine (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_Combine)</small></td></tr></tbody></table>

<table class="wikitable" style="font-size: 89%;"><tbody><tr><td colspan="11" align="center">Pre-draft measureables</td> </tr> <tr> <th>Ht</th> <th>Wt</th> <th>40-yard dash (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/40_yard_dash)</th> <th>10-yd split</th> <th>20-yd split</th> <th>20 ss (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/20_yard_shuttle)</th> <th>3-cone (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3_cone_drill)</th> <th>Vert (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vertical_jump)</th> <th>Broad</th> <th>BP (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bench_Press)</th> <th>Wonderlic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wonderlic)</th> </tr> <tr> <td align="center">6-2½ *</td> <td align="center">298 lb *</td> <td align="center">4.82 **</td> <td align="center">1.62 **</td> <td align="center">2.77 **</td> <td align="center">4.42 **</td> <td align="center">7.15 **</td> <td align="center">29½″ *</td> <td align="center">9′05″ **</td> <td align="center">30 *</td> <td align="center">15 *</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <small>(* represents NFL Combine (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_Combine) ** represents Purdue Pro Day)</small>

<small>The top is Jackson, The bottom is Magee.
</small>

rep, and thanks.

How do those numbers stack up to guy like Ty Warren or Seymour etc? Guys drafted to play a certain position in our specific defense. Being this is the first year we ran the scheme I didnt pay attention to that stuff much back then.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-28-2010, 07:13 PM
Similar size and weight. Seymour is 6'5" 300, Warren is 6'4".

One of the reasons why I posted that is to show how Jackson was outperformed by Magee in every area, was just as (more likely less) productive in college, and yet Jackson goes higher because of Pioli's obsession with size.

AustinChief
02-28-2010, 07:14 PM
The size thing is why I start cracking up laughing when anyone even suggests our team or the Pats would draft Brandon Graham.

The Planet Theory (George Young actually coined it) only applies to 300 lb linemen... so it has nothing to do with Graham ... As a matter of fact it isn't relevant at all really. Simply stated, the theory is that there is a finite number of ATHLETIC 300 lb men on Earth... so when you come across them you covet them.

The theory(which I DO NOT subscribe to) is meant to encourage getting and keeping big guys who are superior athletes... so it would seem their measurables would come into play.

Mecca
02-28-2010, 07:15 PM
They apply it to the entire front 7, give me an undersized LB that has ever played for Parcells or a Parcells tree guy.

Brandon Graham's 6'1 height likely has him very low on the Chiefs board.

RustShack
02-28-2010, 07:16 PM
McClain has superior size..

RustShack
02-28-2010, 07:16 PM
And Cody.

Mecca
02-28-2010, 07:20 PM
They do, which is why McClain if the Chiefs don't take him probably goes to the Dolphins.

AustinChief
02-28-2010, 07:27 PM
They apply it to the entire front 7, give me an undersized LB that has ever played for Parcells or a Parcells tree guy.

Brandon Graham's 6'1 height likely has him very low on the Chiefs board.

I highly doubt it, but if true... the entire Parcell's tree is full of nuts.

I find it hard to imagine they would ignore the play of guys like Woodley, Dumervil and Harrison just because they lack "ideal" height.

So does that take Hughes off the table?

Kindle is like 6'3" so he is ok...

AustinChief
02-28-2010, 07:28 PM
They do, which is why McClain if the Chiefs don't take him probably goes to the Dolphins.

Pioli picked Mayo and he is only 6' .. now I do understand he is an ILB and that makes a big difference... but not exactly ideal size.

BossChief
02-28-2010, 07:29 PM
tyron Mckenzie 6'2'' 240
jarod mayo 6'1 245
shawn crable 6'5 245

Those are the lbs BB drafted in NE in the first three rounds in recent years.

Brandon Graham 6'1 260

Doesnt seem out of the realm of possibility to me. They do value linemen that are bigger because of their responsibility in regards to the scheme we play, but Im not sure that holds true for the LBers they draft.

RustShack
02-28-2010, 07:33 PM
McKenzie and Mayo are ILB's..

Mecca
02-28-2010, 07:33 PM
Now in fairness Mayo was essentially their only option at that pick, but he's not undersized for an ILB, he weighs nearly 250lbs.

They like bigger guys on the outside, ILB the height isn't as big of a deal.

I probably should have said find me a rushbacker that the Pats have drafted that doesn't have prototypical size.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-28-2010, 07:36 PM
tyron Mckenzie 6'2'' 240
jarod mayo 6'1 245
shawn crable 6'5 245

Those are the lbs BB drafted in NE in the first three rounds in recent years.

Brandon Graham 6'1 260

Doesnt seem out of the realm of possibility to me. They do value linemen that are bigger because of their responsibility in regards to the scheme we play, but Im not sure that holds true for the LBers they draft.

Crable is a rushbacker.

McKenzie and Mayo are both 6'1"+ 240+ lb inside linebackers.

AustinChief
02-28-2010, 07:37 PM
Now in fairness Mayo was essentially their only option at that pick, but he's not undersized for an ILB, he weighs nearly 250lbs.

They like bigger guys on the outside, ILB the height isn't as big of a deal.

I probably should have said find me a rushbacker that the Pats have drafted that doesn't have prototypical size.

I will admit the height hurts him... but in Graham's favor is that he went to U-M, Pioli has signed quite a few U-M players in the recent past.

RustShack
02-28-2010, 07:38 PM
You should probably compare Graham to other OLB's.

Mecca
02-28-2010, 07:38 PM
Graham is going to go to one of those teams that doesn't mind height, Green Bay and Arizona seem like the most likely teams if you ask me.

Ralphy Boy
02-28-2010, 08:52 PM
5. Kansas City-Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State, I don't like this at all but I think this comes down to doing the safe thing. I think this pick is between Okung and McClain and they'll settle on Okung as he has higher positional value and I don't think McClain will test well in workouts. I don't believe the Chiefs will strongly consider Berry in a deep safety class. This to me frankly comes down to Pioli not wanting Cassel to fail and going with the consensus pick as Okung is a pick basically no one will question nationally.

Why would Pioli care anything about doing the "safe thing"? He drafted TJ last year, basically giving the finger to everyone nationally.

I'd believe McClain before Okung or Brown. Don't get me wrong, I'd rather have Okung than McClain, just don't see it happening.

Yet Pioli has drafted only 1 O-linemen in the first round, EVER.

That's my projection as well. I think it's Dan Williams.

Which continues to back up the fact that they're ****ing stupid and had THE worst draft in the entire history of the Chiefs franchise.

Carl is that you?

Mecca
02-28-2010, 08:54 PM
Safe as in he has to try to make Cassel look like he was a good investment, they took Jackson because they were hell bent on playing 3-4.

Saccopoo
03-01-2010, 01:13 AM
Safe as in he has to try to make Cassel look like he was a good investment, they took Jackson because they were hell bent on playing 3-4.

Safe as in I'm sure that Haley threatened to stab him in the eye with a fork if he gave him dog shit linemen to work with for a second straight season. Straight up, the two positions that pissed off Haley more than anything was 1. The entire offensive line, and 2. the entire Wide Receiver corps.

After offering up Ndukwe, Alleman, Goff and Seamus O'Murphy, you can be rest assured that they will be picking more than one offensive lineman in this draft and they will do their due diligence in making sure that they get guys that will be productive at a high level from the day they get to camp. There won't be any projects who have "potential." Smart guys who will be able to pick up and execute the zone blocking scheme quickly. I'd expect guys like Okung (Bulaga and Brown would be options 2 & 3 if Okung isn't there, and he might be gone by the time that Detroit picks), Tennant, Mike Johnson, Zane Beadles, JD Walton, Jeff Byers and the like.

BossChief
03-01-2010, 01:40 AM
Brown showed to be very weak today.

...like half the reps of the other OLTs.

Mecca
03-01-2010, 01:50 AM
Brown showed to be very weak today.

...like half the reps of the other OLTs.

He does need to get strong but he's the best natural athlete of the bunch, kind of like Ferguson was coming out in a way. In a zone blocking scheme his strength issues can be avoided for the most part.